Android, Symbian top malware platforms in China

http://www.zdnetasia.com/android-symbian-top-malware-platforms-in-china-62301695.htm

Symbian and Google's Android operating systems (OSes) are the top two mobile
platforms favored by cybercriminals infecting handsets with malware, at
least in China, according to a new report.

"Alexandrovitch Kudiroyaravtsevgovoi"
<nospam.kudiroyaravtsevgovoi@nospammers.invalid> wrote in message
> http://www.zdnetasia.com/android-symbian-top-malware-platforms-in-china-62301695.htm
>
> Symbian and Google's Android operating systems (OSes) are the top two
> mobile platforms favored by cybercriminals infecting handsets with
> malware, at least in China, according to a new report.

android linux "security" is about as secure as a wet paper bag.

it really is the malware magnet swiss cheese phone OS.

android linux - the OS that made making a phone call dangerous!

0
frick (17)
8/18/2011 7:07:17 PM
"Albert Frickstein" <frick@hotmail.com> writes:

> "Alexandrovitch Kudiroyaravtsevgovoi"
> <nospam.kudiroyaravtsevgovoi@nospammers.invalid> wrote in message
>> http://www.zdnetasia.com/android-symbian-top-malware-platforms-in-china-62301695.htm
>>
>> Symbian and Google's Android operating systems (OSes) are the top two
>> mobile platforms favored by cybercriminals infecting handsets with
>> malware, at least in China, according to a new report.
>
> android linux "security" is about as secure as a wet paper bag.
>
> it really is the malware magnet swiss cheese phone OS.
>
> android linux - the OS that made making a phone call dangerous!

In fairness the open source OpenMoko didnt pose a risk ... you couldnt
make a call with it!
0
hadronquark (21814)

[News] Symbian Guru Dumps Symbian for Linux/Android, Android 3.0 Rumours Float

Surge of rooting malware on the Linux-based Android OS
"At least 21 applications were found to have malware that rooted Android devices without the user's consent, sent IMEI and IMSI numbers, product IDs, model, partner, language, country and user IDs. Most worrying of all was the ability for the rogue applications to download code and run it." http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/2030169/android-security-question-malware-surge Well that didn't take long... According to cola lusers, Android == Linux. Therefore Linux == insecure by design. DFS wrote: > "At least 21 applications were found...

3rd Quarter 2011: Android Linux became the exclusive platform for all new malware
"Some of the highlights from the McAfee Threats Report (3Q 2011) were: * last quarter the Android mobile operating system (OS) became the most "popular" platform for new malware. * This quarter Android became the exclusive platform for all new malware http://www.examiner.com/computers-in-lexington/virus-and-malware-company-quarterly-report-findings-third-quarter-2011?cid=PROD-redesign-right-next "Linux is secure" DuFuS wrote: >[the usual link to anti-whatever companies' stats about scamware] > Yup. Idiots who will purposely install **anything** that they get from **any** dodgy source are a fact of life for any software ecosystem. It's call The Dancing Bunnies Problem. It's a social meme which has no technological solution. All of this is easily avoided: Engage your brain. It's not like these are drive-by infections that spread from user to user (like what happens under Windoze). On Tuesday 14 February 2012 20:38 DFS wrote: > "Some of the highlights from the McAfee Threats Report (3Q 2011) were: > > * last quarter the Android mobile operating system (OS) became the most > "popular" platform for new malware. > > * This quarter Android became the exclusive platform for all new malware > > > http://www.examiner.com/computers-in-lexington/virus-and-malware-company- quarterly-report-findings-third-quarter-2011?cid=PROD-redesign-right-next > > > > > "Li...

Top 10 antivirus and anti-malware apps for Android (Android Authority)
<quote> Top 10 antivirus and anti-malware apps for Android September 16, 2013 Protection for Android devices has become a high priority over the last year or so. Malware and viruses are more rampant than ever and although being careful usually avoids the problem, sometimes people want more. A good antivirus or anti-malware app can not only bring peace of mind, but also protect your Android device from threats you may accidentally stumble upon. So in this list we'll show you the 10 best antivirus and anti-malware apps for Android. </quote> http://www.androidauthority.com/10-best-antivirus-apps-for-andro-269696/ You gotta protect the OS that the US Government calls a "malware magnet." -- "(Ezekiel) actually thought that "pagination" was just putting page numbers on documents" Another proven lie from the piece of shit liar turdv. Aug 26, 2013 <jjdn19tq3orocg2sjl5omovi3vp07723ig@4ax.com> On Tue, 17 Sep 2013 08:14:15 -0400, Ezekiel wrote: > <quote> > Top 10 antivirus and anti-malware apps for Android > September 16, 2013 > > Protection for Android devices has become a high priority over the last year > or so. Malware and viruses are more rampant than ever and although being > careful usually avoids the problem, sometimes people want more. A good > antivirus or anti-malware app can not only bring peace of mind, but also > protect you...

[News] Nokia Bets on Own Linux Platform (MeeGo), Not Android (Also Linux)

rooting a linux android phone by malware is TRIVIAL
those who lie for lienux can spare the 'it's an old version' bullshit. fact is that most people still run old versions of android because phone makers do not have firmware upgrades for these phones. http://blog.fortinet.com/levitator-root-on-your-android-phone/ Levitator: Root on your Android phone by Axelle Apvrille November 25, 2011 at 8:11 am A few days ago, Jon Larimer and Jon Oberheide published a vulnerability for Android platforms < 2.3.6. David Maciejak and I were curious to run it on an Android phone. Result: it runs perfectly :( ...

Web resources about - Android, Symbian top malware platforms in China - comp.os.linux.advocacy

Platform - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Media Companies Focus on Marketing Their Publishing Platforms to Others
... and helping marketers do the same. Vox brands include The Verge and Eater. "The third thing that we need to do is extend our technology platforms ...

Twitter says its platform not responsible for man’s murder by terrorist
... others write on the micro-blogging service, so it is citing the Communications Decency Act in a bid to stamp out a lawsuit accusing the platform ...

Scotts Miracle-Gro unveils open 'Gro' Internet of Things platform for the connected smart yard
... If the inside of your home can be "smart", why can't your yard? Well, good news, folks Scotts Miracle-Gro is launching an open IoT platform, ...

Apple founder: This Amazon device is the 'next big platform'
... task, he’s not talking to Siri. He’s talking to Amazon’s Alexa. The Seattle company’s Echo smart speaker, Woz told CNBC, is the “next big platform ...

'Ripe for disruption': Online mortgage platform LendInvest just raised £17 million to get into buy-to-let ...
LendInvest, a peer-to-peer short-term mortgage finance platform, has raised £17 million ($24.4 million) from venture capital firm Atomico, the ...

Woz says Amazon Echo is the next big platform
Technically Incorrect: In a new interview, the Apple co-founder extols the virtues of "not having to lift anything." Gosh.

Xbox One Will Support Cross-Platform Multiplayer With PS4, PC
... means, in theory, a publisher wouldn’t need to support separate servers for just Xbox and just PS4 players. Instead, players from all platforms ...

Microsoft just unleashed a huge bomb: open Cross-Platform play
Microsoft has always been pushing for some form of Cross-Platform play ( Killer Instinct will have it with Windows 10 and Xbox One, for example), ...

Amazon working on an education platform for course materials
Following in the footsteps of Apple and Google, Amazon's another tech company with sights set on education. As TechCrunch reports, earlier this ...