Another piece of crap Linux liar: "Zorin-OS is tested to be around 4 times faster than Windows 7."

http://www.zorin-os.webs.com/

Where's the beef?  Gawd.

0
nospam2091 (10001)

DFS wrote:

> http://www.zorin-os.webs.com/
>
> Where's the beef?  Gawd.

I played with that distro for a few hours. 4 times faster than Win7, my ass.
--
Best regards,
[tv]

U    X e dUdX, e dX, cosine, secant, tangent, sine, 3.14159...
0
sitting (4577)
3/15/2011 10:13:43 PM
Tattoo Vampire wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:

> DFS wrote:
>
>> http://www.zorin-os.webs.com/
>>
>> Where's the beef?  Gawd.
>
> I played with that distro for a few hours. 4 times faster than Win7, my ass.

DFS is still a piece of crap anti-Linux liar, though.  :-D

I'm not sure where the 4x claim came from, though.  Check out this review:

   http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/214928/5_reasons_to_try_zorin_os_linux.html

It echoes the claim, without qualification.  Sounds like K. Noyes is a lot
more gullible than DFS is.

--
I will not drink!
But if I do...
On 3/15/2011 6:13 PM, Tattoo Vampire wrote:
> DFS wrote:
>
>> http://www.zorin-os.webs.com/
>>
>> Where's the beef?  Gawd.
>
> I played with that distro for a few hours. 4 times faster than Win7, my ass.

I sent the "developer" a nasty-gram asking him for proof - like I do
when any cola idiot makes outlandish claims.  I bet he plays ostrich.

If he had said "fast" or "just as fast as Windows" I wouldn't have to
shut his piehole for him.  Now his self-esteem will take a hit.

0
nospam2091 (10001)
3/16/2011 12:15:39 AM
On 3/15/2011 6:52 PM, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
> Tattoo Vampire wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:
>
>> DFS wrote:
>>
>>> http://www.zorin-os.webs.com/
>>>
>>> Where's the beef?  Gawd.
>>
>> I played with that distro for a few hours. 4 times faster than Win7, my ass.
>
> DFS is still a piece of crap anti-Linux liar, though.  :-D

Like hell I am.

I've NEVER ONCE lied about the Linux crapware - and I've gotten very,
very, very few technical issues wrong either, in over 24K cola posts.

> I'm not sure where the 4x claim came from, though.  Check out this review:
>
>     http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/214928/5_reasons_to_try_zorin_os_linux.html
>
> It echoes the claim, without qualification.  Sounds like K. Noyes is a lot
> more gullible than DFS is.

"Today, however, I'd like to make a pitch for Zorin OS..." by rewording
the lies on the project page, but not actually installing and testing
the derivative of a derivative of the Debian distro.

More mindless and useless and false "advocacy" in the Linux bizarro world.

MS is doomed 4x by Zorin-OS.

0
nospam2091 (10001)
3/16/2011 12:16:05 AM
"DFS" <nospam@dfs.com> wrote in message
> http://www.zorin-os.webs.com/
>
> Where's the beef?  Gawd.

Where's the beef? In Zorin's case it's "Where's the artificial soy filling?"

Figures that a bunch of bozo's like that would make a completely ridiculous
(and false) claim like that and not even bother to support it.

0
zeke947 (1328)
3/16/2011 12:28:24 AM
On Wednesday 16 March 2011 00:16 DFS wrote:

> On 3/15/2011 6:52 PM, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
>> Tattoo Vampire wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:

>>> I played with that distro for a few hours. 4 times faster than Win7, my
ass.

>> DFS is still a piece of crap anti-Linux liar, though.  :-D
>
> Like hell I am.
>
> I've NEVER ONCE lied about the Linux crapware - and I've gotten very,
> very, very few technical issues wrong either, in over 24K cola posts.

Try this then - or perhaps you can explain precisely what you meant:-

On Tuesday 15 March 2011 15:25 DFS wrote:

> I sure hope so.  That way you can keep head in sand and pretend that 35%
> or so of Ubuntu install/upgrade victims don't encounter many problems
> they can't solve.
>
> That's not 3.5%... that's 35%.  And that's the biggest distro, with the
> most testers and the most money behind it.
>
> MS wouldn't be in business today if it delivered Canonical-level crap
code.

0
bbgruff (6628)
3/16/2011 12:37:49 AM
On 3/15/2011 8:37 PM, bbgruff wrote:
> On Wednesday 16 March 2011 00:16 DFS wrote:

> ass.
>>>
>>> DFS is still a piece of crap anti-Linux liar, though.  :-D
>>
>> Like hell I am.
>>
>> I've NEVER ONCE lied about the Linux crapware - and I've gotten very,
>> very, very few technical issues wrong either, in over 24K cola posts.
>
> Try this then - or perhaps you can explain precisely what you meant:-
>
> On Tuesday 15 March 2011 15:25 DFS wrote:
>
>> I sure hope so.  That way you can keep head in sand and pretend that 35%
>> or so of Ubuntu install/upgrade victims don't encounter many problems
>> they can't solve.
>>
>> That's not 3.5%... that's 35%.  And that's the biggest distro, with the
>> most testers and the most money behind it.
>>
>> MS wouldn't be in business today if it delivered Canonical-level crap
> code.

Why are you talking to me, Mr Gruff?  Last I heard you asked me to stay
out of your threads.

0
nospam2091 (10001)
3/16/2011 1:00:28 AM
On Tue, 15 Mar 2011 17:25:03 -0400, DFS wrote:

> http://www.zorin-os.webs.com/
>
> Where's the beef?  Gawd.

Ask Marti :)

BTW the developer of that POS is LIEing for LIEnux.
0
flatfish (4841)
3/16/2011 1:31:18 AM
DFS <nospam@dfs.com> writes:

> On 3/15/2011 6:13 PM, Tattoo Vampire wrote:
>> DFS wrote:
>>
>>> http://www.zorin-os.webs.com/
>>>
>>> Where's the beef?  Gawd.
>>
>> I played with that distro for a few hours. 4 times faster than Win7, my ass.
>
> I sent the "developer" a nasty-gram asking him for proof - like I do when any
> cola idiot makes outlandish claims.  I bet he plays ostrich.
>
> If he had said "fast" or "just as fast as Windows" I wouldn't have to shut his
> piehole for him.  Now his self-esteem will take a hit.

Dont forget the guy whose "processes" and "threads" were 50x faster
under Linux ....
0
hadronquark (21814)
3/16/2011 6:38:47 AM
On Wed, 16 Mar 2011 07:38:47 +0100, Hadron wrote:

> DFS <nospam@dfs.com> writes:

>>> I played with that distro for a few hours. 4 times faster than Win7, my ass.
>>
>> I sent the "developer" a nasty-gram asking him for proof - like I do when any
>> cola idiot makes outlandish claims.  I bet he plays ostrich.
>>
>> If he had said "fast" or "just as fast as Windows" I wouldn't have to shut his
>> piehole for him.  Now his self-esteem will take a hit.
>
> Dont forget the guy whose "processes" and "threads" were 50x faster
> under Linux ....

Never trust the words of a Linux advocate.
They will LIE for LIEnux at every opportunity and if they aren't doing
that, then they are lying by omission.
0
flatfish (4841)
3/16/2011 6:42:07 AM
On Wednesday 16 March 2011 01:00 DFS wrote:

> On 3/15/2011 8:37 PM, bbgruff wrote:

>> ass.

>>> Like hell I am.
>>>
>>> I've NEVER ONCE lied about the Linux crapware - and I've gotten very,
>>> very, very few technical issues wrong either, in over 24K cola posts.
>>
>> Try this then - or perhaps you can explain precisely what you meant:-
>>
>> On Tuesday 15 March 2011 15:25 DFS wrote:
>>
>>> I sure hope so.  That way you can keep head in sand and pretend that 35%
>>> or so of Ubuntu install/upgrade victims don't encounter many problems
>>> they can't solve.
>>>
>>> That's not 3.5%... that's 35%.  And that's the biggest distro, with the
>>> most testers and the most money behind it.
>>>
>>> MS wouldn't be in business today if it delivered Canonical-level crap
>> code.
>

> Why are you talking to me, Mr Gruff?  Last I heard you asked me to stay
> out of your threads.

Please continue to do so DFS.  In fact, I would prefer it if you and several
of your friends stayed out of all threads.

*However* this is not one of my threads.  This one is yours.
You were claiming never to have lied here in 20,000 posts.

I'm asking you for an explanation of the following.  I can well understand
you not wanting to reply!

On Tuesday 15 March 2011 15:25 DFS wrote:

> I sure hope so.  That way you can keep head in sand and pretend that 35%
> or so of Ubuntu install/upgrade victims don't encounter many problems
> they can't solve.
>
> That's not 3.5%... that's 35%.  And that's the biggest distro, with the
> most testers and the most money behind it.
>
> MS wouldn't be in business today if it delivered Canonical-level crap
> code.

0
bbgruff (6628)
3/16/2011 10:15:55 AM
bbgruff wrote:

> On Wednesday 16 March 2011 01:00 DFS wrote:

> my
>>> ass.

>>> Try this then - or perhaps you can explain precisely what you meant:-

>>> code.
>>

>> Why are you talking to me, Mr Gruff?  Last I heard you asked me to stay
>> out of your threads.
>
> Please continue to do so DFS.  In fact, I would prefer it if you and several
> of your friends stayed out of all threads.
>
> *However* this is not one of my threads.  This one is yours.
> You were claiming never to have lied here in 20,000 posts.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!
Oh, was he serious?

--
C: Drive Error: (A)bort, (R)etry, (D)estruct
Every time Windows had a rebirth I would get hold of it and buy a new machine to run it

0
wp2061 (3218)
3/16/2011 10:34:16 AM
On Wed, 16 Mar 2011 10:34:16 +0000, William Poaster wrote:

> bbgruff wrote:

>> my

>>> Why are you talking to me, Mr Gruff?  Last I heard you asked me to stay
>>> out of your threads.
>>
>> Please continue to do so DFS.  In fact, I would prefer it if you and several
>> of your friends stayed out of all threads.
>>
>> *However* this is not one of my threads.  This one is yours.
>> You were claiming never to have lied here in 20,000 posts.
>
> HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!
> Oh, was he serious?

Sucking up to Mark Kent now?
0
flatfish (4841)
3/16/2011 10:36:38 AM
On Wednesday 16 March 2011 10:34 William Poaster wrote:

>> However this is not one of my threads.  This one is yours.
>> You were claiming never to have lied here in 20,000 posts.
>
> HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!
> Oh, was he serious?

Oh yes.  In actual fact, I rounded down.  He said that he had made over
24,000 posts to cola.

0
bbgruff (6628)
3/16/2011 11:43:10 AM
On Wednesday 16 March 2011 10:36 flatfish+++ wrote:

> On Wed, 16 Mar 2011 10:34:16 +0000, William Poaster wrote:
>
>> bbgruff wrote:

Win7,
>>> my

>>> Please continue to do so DFS.  In fact, I would prefer it if you and
several
>>> of your friends stayed out of all threads.
>>>
>>> *However* this is not one of my threads.  This one is yours.
>>> You were claiming never to have lied here in 20,000 posts.
>>
>> HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!
>> Oh, was he serious?
>
> Sucking up to Mark Kent now?

I see- so not only are you afraid of Roy, and won't tell us why, but you are
also afraid of Mark Kent - somebody else who hasn't posted here for a long
long time.

Why, flatfish?
Why are you so afraid of these people?
Why do you fear them so?

0
bbgruff (6628)
3/16/2011 11:46:14 AM
On 3/16/2011 6:15 AM, bbgruff wrote:
> On Wednesday 16 March 2011 01:00 DFS wrote:

>> Why are you talking to me, Mr Gruff?  Last I heard you asked me to stay
>> out of your threads.
>
> Please continue to do so DFS.  In fact, I would prefer it if you and several
> of your friends stayed out of all threads.
>
> *However* this is not one of my threads.  This one is yours.

Yes.  What are you doing in it?

You asked me to stay out of your threads, and you prefer "several of us"
to stay out of all threads, so why are you responding?

0
nospam2091 (10001)
3/17/2011 1:28:03 AM
On 3/16/2011 2:38 AM, Hadron wrote:
> DFS<nospam@dfs.com>  writes:

>>> I played with that distro for a few hours. 4 times faster than Win7, my ass.
>>
>> I sent the "developer" a nasty-gram asking him for proof - like I do when any
>> cola idiot makes outlandish claims.  I bet he plays ostrich.
>>
>> If he had said "fast" or "just as fast as Windows" I wouldn't have to shut his
>> piehole for him.  Now his self-esteem will take a hit.
>
> Dont forget the guy whose "processes" and "threads" were 50x faster
> under Linux ....

His name was Linuxiac, aka OldTech.  He hung around the computers in
various retail stores and forced Linux disks into unwary victims' hands
(no shit)

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/06c06dbd60520df6?hl=en

More recently he goes by BigRedTruck, and he's dying:
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.social-security-disability/msg/a8bf743233f829f2?hl=en

0
nospam2091 (10001)
3/17/2011 10:39:48 PM
DFS <nospam@dfs.com> writes:

> On 3/16/2011 2:38 AM, Hadron wrote:
>> DFS<nospam@dfs.com>  writes:

>>> I sent the "developer" a nasty-gram asking him for proof - like I do when any
>>> cola idiot makes outlandish claims.  I bet he plays ostrich.
>>>
>>> If he had said "fast" or "just as fast as Windows" I wouldn't have to shut his
>>> piehole for him.  Now his self-esteem will take a hit.
>>
>> Dont forget the guy whose "processes" and "threads" were 50x faster
>> under Linux ....
>
> His name was Linuxiac, aka OldTech.  He hung around the computers in various
> retail stores and forced Linux disks into unwary victims' hands (no shit)
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/06c06dbd60520df6?hl=en
>
> More recently he goes by BigRedTruck, and he's dying:
> http://groups.google.com/group/alt.social-security-disability/msg/a8bf743233f829f2?hl=en

Ah yes. A true loony.
0
hadronquark (21814)
3/17/2011 11:07:41 PM
On Fri, 18 Mar 2011 00:07:41 +0100, Hadron wrote:

> DFS <nospam@dfs.com> writes:

>>> Dont forget the guy whose "processes" and "threads" were 50x faster
>>> under Linux ....
>>
>> His name was Linuxiac, aka OldTech.  He hung around the computers in various
>> retail stores and forced Linux disks into unwary victims' hands (no shit)
>>
>> http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/06c06dbd60520df6?hl=en
>>
>> More recently he goes by BigRedTruck, and he's dying:
>> http://groups.google.com/group/alt.social-security-disability/msg/a8bf743233f829f2?hl=en
>

> Ah yes. A true loony.

That's a blast form the past.
Yea, he was a total freak.
0
flatfish (4841)
3/17/2011 11:14:29 PM
On Thursday 17 March 2011 01:28 DFS wrote:

> On 3/16/2011 6:15 AM, bbgruff wrote:
>> On Wednesday 16 March 2011 01:00 DFS wrote:
>
>>> Why are you talking to me, Mr Gruff?  Last I heard you asked me to stay
>>> out of your threads.
>>
>> Please continue to do so DFS.  In fact, I would prefer it if you and
several
>> of your friends stayed out of all threads.
>>
>> *However* this is not one of my threads.  This one is yours.
>
> Yes.  What are you doing in it?
>
> You asked me to stay out of your threads, and you prefer "several of us"
> to stay out of all threads, so why are you responding?

Nice try DFS.

However, since it is only 2 weeks since you and I were having a very cordial
exchange on at least two threads of yours, I find it difficult to believe
that your reticence has any connection with me telling you not to respond.

Rather than respond, you seem to be intent on changing the subject.
I can quite understand that.
Please don't distress yourself further.  I've asked you a question, and I
have noted your refusal to answer it.  That is quite sufficient "response"
as far as I am concerned, and confirms exactly what I was thinking.

I am obliged to you, and thank you.

0
bbgruff (6628)
3/17/2011 11:24:05 PM
On 3/17/2011 7:24 PM, bbgruff wrote:
> On Thursday 17 March 2011 01:28 DFS wrote:

>>> Please continue to do so DFS.  In fact, I would prefer it if you and
> several
>>> of your friends stayed out of all threads.
>>>
>>> *However* this is not one of my threads.  This one is yours.
>>
>> Yes.  What are you doing in it?
>>
>> You asked me to stay out of your threads, and you prefer "several of us"
>> to stay out of all threads, so why are you responding?
>
> Nice try DFS.
>
> However, since it is only 2 weeks since you and I were having a very cordial
> exchange on at least two threads of yours,

You're very much mistaken.  In the last 4 weeks I've made 10 responses
to threads you were in (excluding this one), and 0 of those 10 responses
was to you.

The ONLY reply I've made directly to you since May 2010 was to ask why
you wanted my participation, as you earlier discouraged it.

May 27 2010 you asked me directly to "not engage your posts".  I've
honored that request 100%.  Of course I assumed you would not be
engaging mine - else why would you make such a one-sided request.

Feel free to apologize and admit you never really wanted me to "not
engage your posts", and we can resume the normal owner-owned
relationship I maintain over all cola Linux "advocates".

Or don't, and quit pestering me to answer you.  You can't have it both ways.

0
nospam2091 (10001)
3/18/2011 12:08:40 AM
DFS <nospam@dfs.com> writes:

> Feel free to apologize and admit you never really wanted me to "not engage your
> posts", and we can resume the normal owner-owned relationship I maintain over
> all cola Linux "advocates".

ROTFLM!
0
hadronquark (21814)
3/18/2011 12:10:47 AM
On 3/17/2011 8:10 PM, Hadron wrote:
> DFS<nospam@dfs.com>  writes:
>
>> Feel free to apologize and admit you never really wanted me to "not engage your
>> posts", and we can resume the normal owner-owned relationship I maintain over
>> all cola Linux "advocates".
>
> ROTFLM!

ha!

For being such a collection of geeks and a geek topic, cola provides
some fine entertainment!

0
nospam2091 (10001)
3/18/2011 12:16:42 AM
DFS wrote:

> For being such a collection of geeks and a geek topic, cola provides
> some fine entertainment!

Yep, every time one of you retards opens his piehole.
--
Best regards,
[tv]

No hardware designer should be allowed to produce any piece of hardware
until three software guys have signed off for it.   -- Andy Tanenbaum
0
sitting (4577)
3/18/2011 2:13:48 AM
Am Tue, 15 Mar 2011 20:16:05 -0400 schrieb DFS:

> in over 24K cola posts.

You really have issues...
0
chrisdhaag (716)
3/18/2011 12:20:47 PM
Chris wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:

> Am Tue, 15 Mar 2011 20:16:05 -0400 schrieb DFS:
>
>> in over 24K cola posts.
>
> You really have issues...

Well, he has to log the posts in order to be compensated for his sponsored
astroturfing.

He doesn't seem to realize that one can be essentially correct in most
factual items one states, and yet the totality of the presentation is a big
lie.  He should realize it, because it is a tried-and-true propaganda
technique.

This, of course, leaves aside his nearly relentless nastiness and
money-grubbing.

--
A physicist is an atom's way of knowing about atoms.
		-- George Wald

"Heroes" again, or "Linux in the Wild" or "Linux on TV", this time with screenshots
Allrighty, doubters and wintrolls. I've posted some screen shots from the KDE appearance on NBC's new series "Heroes" http://www.newtnotes.com/?itemid=189&catid=3 Linux in the wild. What more proof do you need? later... -- JDS | jeffrey@go.away.com | http://www.newtnotes.com DJMBS | http://newtnotes.com/doctor-jeff-master-brainsurgeon/ JDS wrote: > Allrighty, doubters and wintrolls. I've posted some screen shots from the > KDE appearance on NBC's new series "Heroes" > > http://www.newtnotes.com/?itemid=189&catid=3 ...

[News] Chrome on GNU/Linux "Ridiculously Faster" Than on Mac OS X and Windows

independent tests reveal
BAWAWWAAAAA once again linux finishes in last place. http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=intel_hd3000_winbuntu&num=4 Intel Graphics On Linux Still Behind Windows Published on February 16, 2011 When running the Lightsmark OpenGL lighting benchmark, which is more advanced than the ioquake3/Qfusion-based games, the Linux performance is horrific in comparison to Windows. The Windows 7 x64 Professional SP1 performance is far better than Linux averaging the frame-rates, the Windows average is 55 FPS while the Linux frame-rate is just 15 FPS. At the end of the day, the Intel Sandy Bridge "HD 3000 graphics" as found on the Core i5 2500K is a huge step forward in terms of performance compared to earlier generations of Intel integrated graphics. As said last week, its fast and comparable to other Mesa / Gallium3D drivers with discrete hardware. However, today's tests confirm that Intel's classic Mesa Linux graphics driver remains noticeably behind the Intel Windows graphics driver, even with the brand new Sandy Bridge graphics processor. Over time, we will ideally see Intel's Mesa performance close in on the Windows driver performance, but do not expect to see this in the near-term. On Wed, 16 Feb 2011 14:27:58 -0500, One-Shot One-Kill wrote: > BAWAWWAAAAA > > once again linux finishes in last place. > > > http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=intel_hd3000_winbuntu&num=...

Linux crapware is "rubbish... Windows 7 makes Linux look so yesterday"
Not yesterday... yestercentury. "What absolute nonsense! Fair enough, Windows may have its share of issues, but Linux's product is rubbish. I was a passionate user of it but gave up, it just become too hard! I may be in the minority, but I find Windows Vista fine, and I was running the beta of Windows 7, which is really good. Makes Linux look so yesterday..." http://sinaisix.blogspot.com/2009/08/5-things-microsoft-does-not-want-you-to.html On Fri, 14 Aug 2009 08:57:59 -0400, DFS wrote: > Not yesterday... yestercentury. > > > "What absolute nonsense! Fair enough, Windows may have its share of > issues, but Linux's product is rubbish. I was a passionate user of it > but gave up, it just become too hard! I may be in the minority, but I > find Windows Vista fine, and I was running the beta of Windows 7, which > is really good. Makes Linux look so yesterday..." > > > http://sinaisix.blogspot.com/2009/08/5-things-microsoft-does-not-want- you-to.html What do you think you are accomplishing? -- Rick On Fri, 14 Aug 2009 08:30:57 -0500, Rick wrote: > On Fri, 14 Aug 2009 08:57:59 -0400, DFS wrote: > >> Not yesterday... yestercentury. >> >> >> "What absolute nonsense! Fair enough, Windows may have its share of >> issues, but Linux's product is rubbish. I was a passionate user of it >> but gave up, it just become too hard! I may be in the minority, bu...

GNU- and Linux-based Zorin OS Has New "Lite" Version

"Real OS" vs. "Toy OS"
Over in the 'Best thing about Linux' thread, Kelsey Bjarnason wrote: > Amazing what using a real OS instead of a toy can do. Given that this opinion is shared by most or all of you Linux weirdos, it must burn you to no end that a "toy" OS (WindowsXP): * can sell 200,000,000 copies - but you have to crow for months when Munich Germany installs just 14,000 * that nearly every PC vendor in the world offers it pre-loaded - but when you ask about Linux over the phone you're met with "Lin what?" or silence or sometimes a click and then silence. * that you're forced to copy the features in the "toy" OS - to lend Linux a veneer of badly needed usability and respectability * that _your_ OS is considered "alternative" - almost like it's an odd subculture * that Linux is often considered a free Windows clone * that Linux apps really are, or try to be, clones of Windows apps * that modern Linux distros often run slower than Windows on the same machine No wonder you're all so hostile and humorless. On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 10:45:28 -0400, DFS wrote: > Over in the 'Best thing about Linux' thread, Kelsey Bjarnason wrote: > > >> Amazing what using a real OS instead of a toy can do. > > > Given that this opinion is shared by most or all of you Linux weirdos, it > must burn you to no end that a "toy" OS (WindowsXP): > > * can sell 200,000,000 copies - but you ha...

[News] "Linux performance appears to be about 25% faster" Than Windows, SGI Uses GNU/Linux

linux today
bawawawa!!!! linux. I hate it already!!!! http://fr.linuxtoday.com/infrastructure/2010081101435OSMR The consistent failure of Linux to grab even 1% of the desktop OS market Aug 11, 2010 "Linux has been around for almost two decades now. It has become a resounding success as a server OS (for example as the L in the famous LAMP stack), and more recently as a mobile OS (Android). But what about on the desktop? "Linux enthusiasts have been predicting the rise of Linux as a desktop OS for the better part of a decade. To name just one of many examples, in 2003, Siemens Business Systems predicted that Linux would have captured 20% of the desktop market by 2008. "Well, it's now 2010, and desktop Linux isn't even close to 20%. Or one tenth of that." On 2010-10-10, One Shot, One-Kill <fredie@gmail.com> wrote: One snot, one shill wanks on about the shrinking "desktop market"... Who the fuck cares about "the desktop"? Oh, I know ....WINTROLLS... Is there even a desktop "market" any more? Linux is EVERYWHERE! It's on your router..it's in your TV it's on your phone... -- Regards, Gregory. Gentoo Linux - Penguin Power On 10 Oct 2010 05:36:07 GMT, Gregory Shearman <ZekeGregory@netscape.net> wrote: > One snot, one shill wanks on about the shrinking "desktop market"... > Who the fuck cares about "the desktop"? What a total joke he ...

*tuple vs tuple example print os.path.join(os.path.dirname(os.tmpnam()),*("a","b","c"))
I have been trying to find documentation on the behavior Can anyone tell me why the first example works and the second doesn't and where I can read about it in the language reference? Steve print os.path.join(os.path.dirname(os.tmpnam()),*("a","b","c")) #works OUTPUT:/var/tmp/a/b/c and print os.path.join(os.path.dirname(os.tmpnam()),("a","b","c")) # doesn't OUTPUT:Traceback (most recent call last): File "<stdin>", line 1, in ? File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/lib/pyth...

[News] New Set-top Box Runs Linux, "Linux will Be the Major OS [in This Area]"
Device Profile: SysMaster M10 set-top box ,----[ Quote ] | SysMaster used embedded Linux to build a set-top box with a dizzying array | of audio, video, networking, communications, and data capabilities. The | Tornado M10 Digital Media Center runs Linux 2.6.19, and targets phone and | IP network operators wishing to offer a wide range of services. | | [....] | | Yosifov predicts a bright future for Linux in the embedded device market. | "We believe Linux will be the major OS used in embedded system development | because of its small footprint, reliability, power, and available sof...

Linux Ubuntu 10.10 and Ubuntu 10.04 LTS. the Linux "Swiss cheese" OS
http://www.ubuntu.com/usn/usn-1195-1/ 22 vulnerabilities, nice "patch day", bwahahahahahaaah!, Linux = insecure by design!!!!!!!!!!!! -- Desktop Linux: The Dream Is Dead "By the time Microsoft released the Windows 7 beta in January 2009, Linux had clearly lost its chance at desktop glory." http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b5/Operating_system_usage_share.svg [............] "Ultimately, Linux is doomed on the desktop because of a critical lack of content. And that lack of content owes its existence to two key factors: the fragmentation of the Linux platform, and the fierce ideology of the open-source community at large." http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/207999/desktop_linux_the_dream_is_dead.html Clog_-_wog (®) wrote: > http://www.ubuntu.com/usn/usn-1195-1/ > > 22 vulnerabilities, nice "patch day", bwahahahahahaaah!, Linux = insecure > by design!!!!!!!!!!!! > Can you please explain to me how a library that is maintained mainly by apple (and lately google and some other companies) make linux "insecure by design"? No really, explain it to me: What design exactly is in what way exactly insecure? chris stated in post j38kls$5sc$1@inf2.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de on 8/26/11 10:20 AM: > Clog_-_wog (®) wrote: > >> http://www.ubuntu.com/usn/usn-1195-1/ >> >> 22 vulnerabilities, nice "patch day", bwahahahahahaaah!, Linux = insecure >...

A Google/Linux OS on the way ? Poor old Microsoft "7" years too late!
I wouldn't want to be a chair in Redmond these days! begin{quote} Last week, Matthäus Krzykowski and Daniel Hartmann of VentureBeat loaded Android onto an Eee PC 10000H netbook. According to their write-up, it took no more than about four hours to compile Android for the Eee and get it up and running. This wasn't just a proof of concept install. Once running, Android was able to use the onboard graphics, sound, and wireless capabilities of the device. This installation success is helping fuel speculation about the future of Android and other possible Google operating sys...

7: "Most people know of Linux".... (p)Rick: "the overwhelming number of people don't know Linux exists"
Get with the herd, bozos. On Jun 1, 2:08=A0am, DFS <nospam@dfs_.com> wrote: > Get with the herd, bozos. Groupthink, aka herd mentality, as heard in the street. These Linux clowns are like a herd of cats though, they're all over the map--explains the 1%. RL On Mon, 31 May 2010 16:13:45 -0700 (PDT), RayLopez99 wrote: > On Jun 1, 2:08�am, DFS <nospam@dfs_.com> wrote: >> Get with the herd, bozos. > > Groupthink, aka herd mentality, as heard in the street. > > These Linux clowns are like a herd of cats though, they're all o...

"Suse Linux is ideal"..."Linux is perfect for anything"
"Conclusion SuSE Linux is ideal for anyone. Plain and simple. If your PC is reasonably new and has a large-ish hard drive Linux is perfect for anything." http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/B00006JT8L/ref=cm_cr_dp_all_helpful/279-0064730-3629436?ie=UTF8&coliid=&showViewpoints=1&colid=&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending It just w.... ...

The bogus Linux "OS" snares another newb victim
"I've got this Wacom Bamboo tablet that I just can't figure out how to get to work properly using Ubuntu. I've downloaded a couple files: libwacom-0.4 and linux-3.3.2. My problem is, I don't know what to do with them after I've downloaded them. I've extracted them to my desktop and they're just sitting there. I've also been looking at various websites on how to install it but I get an error message in the Terminal everytime." http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1958501 See my 'New to Linux? Start here' posts for a warning about what Linux will do to you. ...

[News] Mainsoft Calls Mono with Linux "Linux 2.0"; Windows Becomes More Like Linux
Starting flag waved for Race to Linux 2.0 ,----[ Quote ] | In a bid to highlight the ease with which applications can be ported | to Linux, the Mono project IBM and Mainsoft will host the 'Race | to Linux 2.0'. `---- http://www.pcpro.co.uk/os/news/106826/starting-flag-waved-for-race-to-linux-20.html Shouldn't this be the other way around? Something like this... Linuxification of an XP desktop ,----[ Quote ] | His case is not the ideal one: keeping Windows for playing specific | games. Some other use cases are more legitimate though: | | * Having a Windows XP desktop at wo...

Linux "advocate$": "We love Windows money!"
That's why you insist on making a living with Windows your entire lives. Hypocrites. On Thu, 20 Aug 2009 00:18:58 -0400, DFS wrote: > That's why you insist on making a living with Windows your entire lives. > > Hypocrites. It's true..... You know, in my field, entertainment, we have the Mac crowd and the Windows crowd and while we respect each other no Machead will be caught with a Windows machine and vis-verse. We also don't have the stupid wars that go on with Linux vs Windows etc. We respect each other. I look at COLA and instantly it's a complete farce because most of the Linux loons are really using Windows to earn their living. Gee, if Linux is so great, why not use Linux? Moshe Goldfarb wrote: > On Thu, 20 Aug 2009 00:18:58 -0400, DFS wrote: > >> That's why you insist on making a living with Windows your entire >> lives. >> >> Hypocrites. > > It's true..... > You know, in my field, entertainment, we have the Mac crowd and > the Windows crowd and while we respect each other no Machead > will be caught with a Windows machine and vis-verse. > > We also don't have the stupid wars that go on with Linux vs > Windows etc. > > We respect each other. > > I look at COLA and instantly it's a complete farce because most > of the Linux loons are really using Windows to earn their > living. > > Gee, if Linux is so great, why not use Linux? For mos...

Web resources about - Another piece of crap Linux liar: "Zorin-OS is tested to be around 4 times faster than Windows 7." - comp.os.linux.advocacy