Arm, Linux, Arm, Linux, Arm, Linux,,,life of a pure geek!

Arm, Linux, Arm, Linux, Arm, Linux,,,life of a pure geek!

Can't believe how busy its gotten lately.

Its all just ARM, then Linux, then ARM again, then Linux again,
then Opencores FPGA SoC with Linux, then Linux, then ARM, then Linux,
then ARM, then Linux, all day, all night, and get paid for it too!!

Ah the delights of pure geek life!!

On 4/17/2012 7:10 PM, 7 wrote:
> Arm, Linux, Arm, Linux, Arm, Linux,,,life of a pure geek!
>
> Can't believe how busy its gotten lately.
>
> Its all just ARM, then Linux, then ARM again, then Linux again,
> then Opencores FPGA SoC with Linux, then Linux, then ARM, then Linux,
> then ARM, then Linux, all day, all night, and get paid for it too!!
>
> Ah the delights of pure geek life!!

Get paid for your Linux hobby?  I don't think so, little fraud.

"Field engineer working in the City installing dealing equipment,
developer making windows and SQL applications, optimizing SQL in sales
and quotation system (C, C++, VB, .NET), embedded PIC developer
(Microchip C) making level 4 switch mode power supplies and hand held
electrical test equipment, setting up Apache/PHP Linux servers and
security penetrating testing, ethernet packet sniffing with wireshark,
travel to China (and stayed there for 2 years) making PCBs and hand held
products. General all round technology person for solving problems that
are technical, electronic, manufacturing and project management.

Specialties
Making of PCBs and software for embedded systems and PC based systems.
Robotics and mechatronics for small toy products."

http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/joe-michael/20/680/94

(I see Windows and VB and .NET, but why didn't you mention Gambas or
desktop Linux anywhere?)

0
nospam2091 (10001)
4/17/2012 11:17:18 PM
On Tue, 17 Apr 2012 19:17:18 -0400, DFS wrote:

> On 4/17/2012 7:10 PM, 7 wrote:
>> Arm, Linux, Arm, Linux, Arm, Linux,,,life of a pure geek!
>>
>> Can't believe how busy its gotten lately.
>>
>> Its all just ARM, then Linux, then ARM again, then Linux again,
>> then Opencores FPGA SoC with Linux, then Linux, then ARM, then Linux,
>> then ARM, then Linux, all day, all night, and get paid for it too!!
>>
>> Ah the delights of pure geek life!!
>

> Get paid for your Linux hobby?  I don't think so, little fraud.
>

> "Field engineer working in the City installing dealing equipment,
> developer making windows and SQL applications, optimizing SQL in sales
> and quotation system (C, C++, VB, .NET), embedded PIC developer
> (Microchip C) making level 4 switch mode power supplies and hand held
> electrical test equipment, setting up Apache/PHP Linux servers and
> security penetrating testing, ethernet packet sniffing with wireshark,
> travel to China (and stayed there for 2 years) making PCBs and hand held
> products. General all round technology person for solving problems that
> are technical, electronic, manufacturing and project management.
>
> Specialties
> Making of PCBs and software for embedded systems and PC based systems.
> Robotics and mechatronics for small toy products."
>
> http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/joe-michael/20/680/94
>

> (I see Windows and VB and .NET, but why didn't you mention Gambas or
> desktop Linux anywhere?)

You mean Donkey Boy Joseph Michael repairs "dealing equipment"?

Who does he work for?

Reuters?
0
frankfoster50 (6788)
4/18/2012 12:07:54 AM
7 wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:

> Arm, Linux, Arm, Linux, Arm, Linux,,,life of a pure geek!
>
> Can't believe how busy its gotten lately.
>
> Its all just ARM, then Linux, then ARM again, then Linux again,
> then Opencores FPGA SoC with Linux, then Linux, then ARM, then Linux,
> then ARM, then Linux, all day, all night, and get paid for it too!!
>
> Ah the delights of pure geek life!!

I am happy for you, lad!

--
Linux - Where do you want to fly today?
	-- Unknown source
DFS <nospam@dfs.com> writes:

> On 4/17/2012 7:10 PM, 7 wrote:
>> Arm, Linux, Arm, Linux, Arm, Linux,,,life of a pure geek!
>>
>> Can't believe how busy its gotten lately.
>>
>> Its all just ARM, then Linux, then ARM again, then Linux again,
>> then Opencores FPGA SoC with Linux, then Linux, then ARM, then Linux,
>> then ARM, then Linux, all day, all night, and get paid for it too!!
>>
>> Ah the delights of pure geek life!!
>
> Get paid for your Linux hobby?  I don't think so, little fraud.
>
> "Field engineer working in the City installing dealing equipment, developer
> making windows and SQL applications, optimizing SQL in sales and quotation
> system (C, C++, VB, .NET), embedded PIC developer (Microchip C) making level 4
> switch mode power supplies and hand held electrical test equipment, setting up
> Apache/PHP Linux servers and security penetrating testing, ethernet packet
> sniffing with wireshark, travel to China (and stayed there for 2 years) making
> PCBs and hand held products. General all round technology person for solving
> problems that are technical, electronic, manufacturing and project management.
>
> Specialties
> Making of PCBs and software for embedded systems and PC based systems. Robotics
> and mechatronics for small toy products."
>
> http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/joe-michael/20/680/94
>
> (I see Windows and VB and .NET, but why didn't you mention Gambas or desktop
> Linux anywhere?)

And where is his source code for his real time market analyser or
whatever the little liar claimed? Even Creepy released some half arsed
QA framework that no on uses.
0
hadronquark (21814)
4/18/2012 11:04:09 AM
Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

> 7 wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:
>
>> Arm, Linux, Arm, Linux, Arm, Linux,,,life of a pure geek!
>>
>> Can't believe how busy its gotten lately.
>>
>> Its all just ARM, then Linux, then ARM again, then Linux again,
>> then Opencores FPGA SoC with Linux, then Linux, then ARM, then Linux,
>> then ARM, then Linux, all day, all night, and get paid for it too!!
>>
>> Ah the delights of pure geek life!!
>
> I am happy for you, lad!

Aye! This Linux Lark be bringing in $1100 per week,
Wonder what these trolls be earnin for them
anti-Linux trolls they be postin.

On 4/18/2012 6:20 PM, 7 wrote:
> Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
>
>> 7 wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:
>>
>>> Arm, Linux, Arm, Linux, Arm, Linux,,,life of a pure geek!
>>>
>>> Can't believe how busy its gotten lately.
>>>
>>> Its all just ARM, then Linux, then ARM again, then Linux again,
>>> then Opencores FPGA SoC with Linux, then Linux, then ARM, then Linux,
>>> then ARM, then Linux, all day, all night, and get paid for it too!!
>>>
>>> Ah the delights of pure geek life!!
>>
>> I am happy for you, lad!
>

> Aye! This Linux Lark be bringing in $1100 per week,

Too bad you can't prove your lie.

Linux is your unpaid hobby, little fraud.  You know it and we know it.

 > Wonder what these trolls be earnin for them
 > anti-Linux trolls they be postin.

Satisfaction for a job well done!
0
nospam2091 (10001)
4/18/2012 10:43:38 PM
On Wed, 18 Apr 2012 23:20:16 +0100, 7 wrote:

> Aye! This Linux Lark be bringing in $1100 per week,
> Wonder what these trolls be earnin for them
> anti-Linux trolls they be postin.

Are you kidding?
That's all you are earning?

You would be better off managing a McDonalds.

At least you would get free food and of course health and retirement
benefits.
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_much_money_does_a_mcdonalds_manager_earn

God, no wonder you love Linux.
You can't afford Windows or OSX.
0
torre.starnes (1353)
4/18/2012 11:15:46 PM
Torre Starnes wrote:

> On Wed, 18 Apr 2012 23:20:16 +0100, 7 wrote:
>

>> Aye! This Linux Lark be bringing in $1100 per week,
>> Wonder what these trolls be earnin for them
>> anti-Linux trolls they be postin.
>
> Are you kidding?
> That's all you are earning?
>
> You would be better off managing a McDonalds.
>
> At least you would get free food and of course health and retirement
> benefits.
> http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_much_money_does_a_mcdonalds_manager_earn

Ah now the Torre Starnes troll accidentally reveals where she really works:

FLIPPING BURGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"A shift manager can make up to $11/hr, while a salaried manager
 starts at $500/wk."

Yeah but such rare salaried positions are not
held by 99% majority of the workers.

"As crew with no experience, you're pay will probably be closer
 to minimum wage."

Oopss!!

Oh dear oh dear OH DEAR!!

Torre Starnes has really done it this time!

Is this what DFS earns as well?

Oh NO!!!

No wonder they are trolling here 24/7.

The digital revolution has created hamburger flipping trolls
that have taken to the air waves without a brain!!!!!!!!!!!!

7 wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:

> Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
>
>> 7 wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:
>>
>>> Arm, Linux, Arm, Linux, Arm, Linux,,,life of a pure geek!
>>>
>>> Can't believe how busy its gotten lately.
>>>
>>> Its all just ARM, then Linux, then ARM again, then Linux again,
>>> then Opencores FPGA SoC with Linux, then Linux, then ARM, then Linux,
>>> then ARM, then Linux, all day, all night, and get paid for it too!!
>>>
>>> Ah the delights of pure geek life!!
>>
>> I am happy for you, lad!
>
> Aye! This Linux Lark be bringing in $1100 per week,
> Wonder what these trolls be earnin for them
> anti-Linux trolls they be postin.

Arrgh.  They be earnin' a flog on th' arse and a stroll on th' plank.

--
I use the script below. Enjoy.
   (Unattributed script copied without attribution from
On Thu, 19 Apr 2012 00:27:38 +0100, 7 wrote:

> Torre Starnes wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 18 Apr 2012 23:20:16 +0100, 7 wrote:
>>

>>> Aye! This Linux Lark be bringing in $1100 per week,
>>> Wonder what these trolls be earnin for them
>>> anti-Linux trolls they be postin.
>>
>> Are you kidding?
>> That's all you are earning?
>>
>> You would be better off managing a McDonalds.
>>
>> At least you would get free food and of course health and retirement
>> benefits.
>> http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_much_money_does_a_mcdonalds_manager_earn
>

> Ah now the Torre Starnes troll accidentally reveals where she really works:
>
> FLIPPING BURGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>

> "A shift manager can make up to $11/hr, while a salaried manager
>  starts at $500/wk."
>
> Yeah but such rare salaried positions are not
> held by 99% majority of the workers.

Being a Linux guru, nanobots and all that, I had high hopes for you
7.
However, you've just proved that you aim for the bottom of the
barrel instead of the top which is:
"An experienced general manager can make up to $70000/yr. "

No surprise though.

Being a loser is a state of mind.
Linux advocates seem to be tuned right in.
0
torre.starnes (1353)
4/19/2012 12:49:30 AM
On Wed, 18 Apr 2012 20:11:39 -0400, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

> 7 wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:
>
>> Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

>>> I am happy for you, lad!
>>
>> Aye! This Linux Lark be bringing in $1100 per week,
>> Wonder what these trolls be earnin for them
>> anti-Linux trolls they be postin.
>
> Arrgh.  They be earnin' a flog on th' arse and a stroll on th' plank.

You sound like an idiot Ahlstrom.
0
torre.starnes (1353)
4/19/2012 12:49:56 AM
Chris Ahlstrom <ahlstromc@xzoozy.com> writes:

> 7 wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:
>
>> Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

>>> I am happy for you, lad!
>>
>> Aye! This Linux Lark be bringing in $1100 per week,
>> Wonder what these trolls be earnin for them
>> anti-Linux trolls they be postin.
>
> Arrgh.  They be earnin' a flog on th' arse and a stroll on th' plank.

Please stop embarassing yourself. You're not funny.
0
hadronquark (21814)
4/19/2012 8:23:47 AM
"7" <email_at_www_at_enemygadgets_dot_com@enemygadgets.com> wrote in message
> Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
>
>> 7 wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:
>>
>>> Arm, Linux, Arm, Linux, Arm, Linux,,,life of a pure geek!
>>>
>>> Can't believe how busy its gotten lately.
>>>
>>> Its all just ARM, then Linux, then ARM again, then Linux again,
>>> then Opencores FPGA SoC with Linux, then Linux, then ARM, then Linux,
>>> then ARM, then Linux, all day, all night, and get paid for it too!!
>>>
>>> Ah the delights of pure geek life!!
>>
>> I am happy for you, lad!
>

> Aye! This Linux Lark be bringing in $1100 per week,
I feel sorry for you. You might consider switching to a better paying career
like fast-food or social work.

> Wonder what these trolls be earnin for them
> anti-Linux trolls they be postin.

Someone posting to usenet probably makes more than this. Even an "average"
programmer (see a salary survey) should be earning much more.

Having seen your "code" here - they're probably paying you too much.

--
I've done for example SQL optimization and the reason I could do it better
than the best high level experts can do was because I think in hex and bits

Babbling idiot "7"
March 7, 2012
<qAN5r.607$ya.432@newsfe03.ams2>

0
zeke1302 (4199)
4/19/2012 12:14:42 PM
"Ezekiel" <zeke@nosuchemail.com> writes:

> "7" <email_at_www_at_enemygadgets_dot_com@enemygadgets.com> wrote in message
>> Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

>>> I am happy for you, lad!
>>

>> Aye! This Linux Lark be bringing in $1100 per week,
> I feel sorry for you. You might consider switching to a better paying career
> like fast-food or social work.
>
>> Wonder what these trolls be earnin for them
>> anti-Linux trolls they be postin.
>
> Someone posting to usenet probably makes more than this. Even an "average"
> programmer (see a salary survey) should be earning much more.
>
> Having seen your "code" here - they're probably paying you too much.

"7" posted some code? That I would love to see.

I know someone, Telnet I think it was, posted some bash that I
replaced with a single line give or take. Interestingly enough it was
(c) and not GPL .... No surprise there.

0
hadronquark (21814)
4/19/2012 12:43:56 PM
On Thu, 19 Apr 2012 14:43:56 +0200, Hadron wrote:

> "Ezekiel" <zeke@nosuchemail.com> writes:
>
>> "7" <email_at_www_at_enemygadgets_dot_com@enemygadgets.com> wrote in message

>>> Aye! This Linux Lark be bringing in $1100 per week,
>> I feel sorry for you. You might consider switching to a better paying career
>> like fast-food or social work.
>>
>>> Wonder what these trolls be earnin for them
>>> anti-Linux trolls they be postin.
>>
>> Someone posting to usenet probably makes more than this. Even an "average"
>> programmer (see a salary survey) should be earning much more.
>>
>> Having seen your "code" here - they're probably paying you too much.
>
> "7" posted some code? That I would love to see.
>
> I know someone, Telnet I think it was, posted some bash that I
> replaced with a single line give or take. Interestingly enough it was
> (c) and not GPL .... No surprise there.

I remember that!!

Not sure if it was Porter, but:

Terry Porter is forever "inventing" the wheel only to discover his
version is square.

I can only imagine how screwed up the custom firmware he installs in
the routers he sells is.
0
frankfoster50 (6788)

[News] New ARM Sub-notebooks from China Run Linux, ARM Sees GNU/Linux Future

Linux and ARMs
Linux and ARMs -------------- http://www.v3.co.uk/v3-uk/news/2102858/linux-founder-torvalds-takes-swipe-arm Even Torvalds takes a swipe at ARM for its diversity. Like distro diversity, its all about configuration files. If anything this diversity is going to grow exponentially. The way I handle diversity in the embedded world is to use #ifdef / #endif pairs to define features along with cross checks using #define / #undefine pairs. // Define all the features for each CPU #ifdef CPU_1201 #define RS232_TX_pin = PortA.Pin1 .. #endif #ifdef CPU_1202 #define RS232_TX_pin = PortB.Pin5 #define RS232_RX_pin = PortB.Pin6 .. #endif Supposing the first device was limited in pin out and does not have an RS232 RX pin. In another file I would do the cross checking. // Cross check nothing bad has happened in the definitions files // The compiler will crash if a duplicate #define is detected: #ifdef CPU_1201 #define RS232_RX_pin #undef RS232_RX_pin #endif Why the cross checks in embedded world? Thats similar question to asking why have the symbol for 0 in maths? The cross checking is intrinsic logic that prevents programs from compiling when hardware features are missing or contains surprises that affect how programs could use the hardware. So if something is missing in a new CPU or if the processor speed is low, you don't want certain types of programs to compile. An RS232 program for example should not compile with features for high baud rates for a slow CPU. While...

[News] ARM-based Linux Gadgets Steal the Show at CES, Linux Does Multitouch Gestures

[News] More ARM Hits the Market (Almost Linux Only), Android/Linux Takes on Landline Phones

[News] [Linux] Motorola Shows Off Its New Linux Phone (Video), ARM Supports OpenGL
Moto ROKR e6 Linux-Based Smartphone Gets Screen Time ,----[ Quote ] | It's exiciting that Moto's not using Windows Mobile for its smartphones | but making its own Linux-based OS. Samsung is rumored to be doing the | same thing, but hasn't had the speed Moto's enjoying. While we'd like | to see anyone make an alternative to WinMo, the jury's still out on if | Linux is the answer. `---- http://crunchgear.com/2007/05/02/moto-rokr-e6-linux-based-smartphone-gets-screen-time/ ARM licenses 3D graphics benchmarks ,----[ Quote ] | Petri Talala, VP of Futuremark's mobile ...

[News] Linux-Based Pandora Runs on ARM, KaOS Hypervisor Surfaces and Uses Linux

[News] ARM's Rejuvenation with Linux; Time for Device Compatibility to Explicitly Include Linux

[News] Another Sub-notebook Runs GNU/Linux (Only), Dell Might go GNU/Linux-only with ARM

Linux, linux, you mutter...
Vagrants, scaliwags and bums. That's what you advocates are. Drunk old men, wearing jute pants in the alley. LeeLee Sobiesky looks elegant in this picture: http://www.leeleesobieski.com/pics/lld/lld12.jpg -- Kent East Hill for Bush '04 Death to Kent West Hillians !!! DEATH TO KENT WEST HILL wrote: > > Vagrants, scaliwags and bums. > > That's what you advocates are. > > Drunk old men, wearing jute pants in the alley. > > LeeLee Sobiesky looks elegant in this picture: > > http://www.leeleesobieski.com/pics/lld/lld12.jpg > What is sh...

The non-Linux Linux
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNU_Hurd http://www.archhurd.org/ The Hurd aims to surpass the Unix kernel in functionality, security, and stability, while remaining largely compatible with it. Can this compete with the now Google-backed Linux kernel? taka0038@gmail.com wrote: > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNU_Hurd > > http://www.archhurd.org/ > > The Hurd aims to surpass the Unix kernel in functionality, security, and > stability, while remaining largely compatible with it. > > Can this compete with the now Google-backed Linux kernel? Yes. In a...

[News] [Linux] The Linux Foundation Improves Linux Printing
Linux Foundation Improves Printing Functionality in Linux With LSB Driver Development Kit ,----[ Quote ] | "The LSB DDK is a direct result of our workgroup efforts and will | make it easier to create distribution-independent printer driver | packages," said Till Kamppeter, OpenPrinting.org manager, The | Linux Foundation. `---- http://new.marketwire.com/2.0/rel.jsp?id=741867&sourceType=1 Related: Real-time Linux simulates toner motion for printer design ,----[ Quote ] | Concurrent reports that its commercial, real-time Linux | implementation for multi-processor AMD Opter...

[News] Linux, Linux, Linux at Acer (Phones and Tablets)

[News] [Linux] New Versions of Engarde Secure Linux, Core Linux, OpenTLE (Thai Linux)
EnGarde Secure Linux 3.0.14 Released ,----[ Quote ] | A fully functional secure Linux platform distribution, this release | features a vastly improved intrusion detection Attack Monitor. `---- http://www.linuxlookup.com/2007/may/04/engarde_secure_linux_3_0_14_released Core GNU/Linux 2.0 Released! ,----[ Quote ] | Core contains nothing beyond what is required to perform these tasks. | Core is primarily designed for experienced Linux users, though it has | found an audience with those looking to learn about the internals | and operation of a Linux system. `---- http://www.coredistro.org/news-20070501 http://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=linuxtle ...

Linux Could NOT Have Invented Linux
The current view in Western technology is that Linus Torvalds invented Linux. Nothing could be further from the truth. The technical complexity and useability of Linux make it beyond the capability of what man could produce using the tools available in 1992. My theory is that Ancient Astronauts descended from the sky on 'Chariots of the Gods' and showed Linus *how* to write an Operating System. These alien visitors must have appeared as strange to the young Torvalds, and so he may have mistaken them for carpet vendors. -- w:04 On Tue, 08 Jun 2004 14:28:27 GMT, Erich Von ...

[News] HP Starts Turning to ARM, ARM and Android (Linux) Marry

Getting the KVM running on ARM Linux on an ARM processor based device
Hi - I'm working on a very simple wireless project that seeks to run small J2ME applications on a thin ARM processor based device. There are some firmware/hardware folks telling me not to worry about the hardware, just so long as my applications run on the Sun J2ME emulator and pass pre-verification, then they can be ported to the device once we get some prototypes ready. What I would like to do, so I can sleep better at night, is get an operating system like ARM Linux (http://www.arm.uk.linux.org/) running on a cheap piece of ARM based hardware, get the KVM on it, and actually see my a...

[News] [Linux] Linux Foundation and MontaVista Organise Linux Conferences
Linux Foundation Collaboration Summit ,----[ Quote ] | The first Linux Foundation Collaboration Summit takes place mid | June, featuring the fourth Desktop Architects Meeting, an LSB | face to face meeting and various council meetings. `---- http://liquidat.wordpress.com/2007/06/02/linux-foundation-collaboration-summit/ MontaVista Vision 2007 Embedded Linux Developers Conference... ,----[ Quote ] | Hosted by MontaVista, and including platinum sponsors | Freescale Semiconductor, IBM, Intel, and Texas Instruments, | the Vision 2007 event is expected to bring the latest tips, | technique...