This sucks.
0
flyer1 (1157)

On 2007-08-18, flyer <flyer@there.net> wrote:

> Why the heck doesn't this Linux installation flash on an off and jerk all over the screen, thus properly attracting my attention?
>
> I like a little interreaction from my programs.
>
> Plus it's running on only 2	56K Ram. What's with that? More (waaaaaaaay more) is better, Right? I'm feeling resource
starved here. Those windows bozos are having all the ram MASS fun.

> This sucks.

I think you mean 256M.
Fix your line wrap BTW, I hate doing the horizontal in a news group :)
0
water.skidoo (589)
8/18/2007 2:49:58 PM
flyer wrote:
> Why the heck doesn't this Linux installation flash on an off and jerk
> all over the screen, thus properly attracting my attention?
>
> I like a little interreaction from my programs.
>
> Plus it's running on only 256K Ram.

No, it's not.

> What's with that? More (waaaaaaaay more) is better, Right?
> I'm feeling resource starved here. Those windows bozos
> are having all the ram MASS fun.
>
> This sucks.

0
nospam11 (18349)
8/18/2007 3:07:54 PM
On Sat, 18 Aug 2007 14:49:58 +0000 (UTC)
waterskidoo <water.skidoo@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On 2007-08-18, flyer <flyer@there.net> wrote:
> >
> > Why the heck doesn't this Linux installation flash on an off and
> > jerk all over the screen, thus properly attracting my attention?
> >
> > I like a little interreaction from my programs.
> >
> > Plus it's running on only 2	56K Ram. What's with that? More
> > (waaaaaaaay more) is better, Right? I'm feeling resource
> starved here. Those windows bozos are having all the ram MASS fun.
> >
> > This sucks.
>
> I think you mean 256M.
> Fix your line wrap BTW, I hate doing the horizontal in a news group :)

Yeah thanks, 256 MEGABYTES of ram. As in 1.75 Gigs LESS than the bloated
pig windows requires (IF one can even run the junk at all).

Jeeez, I had linewrap off. God made me do it. TKU
0
flyer1 (1157)
8/18/2007 7:26:00 PM
flyer wrote:
> Why the heck doesn't this Linux installation flash on an off and jerk all over the screen, thus properly attracting my attention?
>
> I like a little interreaction from my programs.
>
> Plus it's running on only 256K Ram. What's with that? More (waaaaaaaay more) is better, Right? I'm feeling resource starved here. Those windows bozos are having all the ram MASS fun.
>
> This sucks.
A Vista user installed an extra stick of proper new memory, and had to
re-authorize by telephone!  An hour of his life wasted!

10 minutes later, total solution, an install of http://www.mepis.org
which is a Live Linux CD, in 32 or 64 bit.  No more "PatchupTuesdays"!
0
me1 (227)