Choice

In the grocery store there are many, many kinds of cheese... I have tried
several but many I have not and I have little interest in them.

I do, however, sometimes make my own cheese.  I just had a snack with some
of my home made cream cheese.  It was excellent.

Choice.

Grocery stores also have many kinds of pancake mix.  I do not believe I have
ever bought any of them, though I have had others pancakes made from them.

I make my own.  Started by - for the most part - following recipes.  Then I
made my own recipe... one very different from any other I have seen.  I
shared it with others... many people now use it and like it.  Some have made
modifications.

Choice.

I make my own butter sometimes.  My own ice cream, too.

Choice.

I get more control over my butter and my cheese and my pancakes and much of
my other food than almost anyone I know. How many people make their own?
And I think mine are better.  Mine are certainly cheaper.  Mine, generally,
are better for me.

Choice.

My butter and my ice cream and my pancakes and my cheese... they are all
wonderful and I prefer them to the alternatives... to the mainstream
choices. They take a bit more time and effort ... but less money... and I
prefer them.

Choice.

But do I care if you do not make your own cheese?  Do I care if you do not
make your own butter?  Do I belittle others who do not make their own
pancake mix?

Of course *not*!

I use Linux.  I get more control, if I wanted it, than I do when I use other
OSs.  I surely can appreciate that.  I like the idea of choice.  But why do
people in COLA care if others prefer another OS?  Why does, for example,
Peter K. lash out at others who do not use Linux?  Why does Thufir openly
lie about me and claim I have said I want Linux to adopt the OS X interface?
Why is Rick so uncomfortable with the downsides of Linux he has to flip flop
from his admission that the fractured UI is not "best for the user"?

I am comfortable with my choice.

I wish the COLA "advocates" were comfortable with theirs - but clearly many
are not or they would not act like that.

Choice.  I like my choices.  I wish they liked theirs.

--
The fact that OS X is growing and Linux isn't, tells you that OS X is
offering things that Linux is not.

usenet2 (47889)

On Sat, 26 Jul 2008 22:59:20 -0700, Snit wrote:

> In the grocery store there are many, many kinds of cheese... I have
> tried several but many I have not and I have little interest in them.
>
> I do, however, sometimes make my own cheese.  I just had a snack with
> some of my home made cream cheese.  It was excellent.
>
> Choice.

Fucking ramble on about whatever.  Next you'll start describing your
lunch?  Fuck -- get a blog.

-Thufir
0
hawat.thufir (2846)
7/27/2008 8:18:29 PM
thufir wrote:

> Fucking ramble on about whatever.  Next you'll start describing your
> lunch?  Fuck -- get a blog.

I sure wish you guys would quit quoting the s***head. I could blissfully
pretend he didn't exist if you didn't.

He's a crank. He's got no life. The only thing that keeps him from blowing a
brain gasket is his incessant whining in the newsgroups. Ignore him so
he'll whine in the Mac newsgroup instead of this one.

--
RonB
"There's a story there...somewhere"
thufir wrote:

> On Sat, 26 Jul 2008 22:59:20 -0700, Snit wrote:
>
>> In the grocery store there are many, many kinds of cheese... I have
>> tried several but many I have not and I have little interest in them.
>>
>> I do, however, sometimes make my own cheese.  I just had a snack with
>> some of my home made cream cheese.  It was excellent.
>>
>> Choice.
>

> Fucking ramble on about whatever.  Next you'll start describing your
> lunch?  Fuck -- get a blog.

Apart from the fact that Snot/Snit/Michael Glasser is too incompetent
(and/or uses inferior apple software) to post his idiotic shit just once.
And even then it has nothing to do with linux. But then, Michael Glasser
knows nothing about linux. He just trolls
--
Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice which can be equally well
explained by stupidity

"thufir" <hawat.thufir@gmail.com> stated in post
pK4jk.35465$nD.23943@pd7urf1no on 7/27/08 1:18 PM:

> On Sat, 26 Jul 2008 22:59:20 -0700, Snit wrote:
>
>> In the grocery store there are many, many kinds of cheese... I have
>> tried several but many I have not and I have little interest in them.
>>
>> I do, however, sometimes make my own cheese.  I just had a snack with
>> some of my home made cream cheese.  It was excellent.
>>
>> Choice.
>

> Fucking ramble on about whatever.  Next you'll start describing your
> lunch?  Fuck -- get a blog.

Here, let me help you to focus on the question I asked of you:

    Why does Thufir openly lie about me and claim I have said
    I want Linux to adopt the OS X interface?

I have already answered the question:

    I am comfortable with my choice.
    I wish the COLA "advocates" were comfortable with theirs -
    but clearly many are not or they would not act like that.
    Choice.  I like my choices.  I wish they liked theirs.

You will *never* provide a better explanation of your lies... that is 100%
predictable.  Even you know I am right.

--
"If a million people believe a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing."
-  Anatole France

0
usenet2 (47889)
7/27/2008 8:23:50 PM
"RonB" <ronb02noSPAM@gmail.com> stated in post
tN4jk.4547$LF2.4523@newsfe09.iad on 7/27/08 1:21 PM:

> thufir wrote:
>
>> Fucking ramble on about whatever. �Next you'll start describing your
>> lunch? �Fuck -- get a blog.
>
> I sure wish you guys would quit quoting the s***head. I could blissfully
> pretend he didn't exist if you didn't.
>
> He's a crank. He's got no life. The only thing that keeps him from blowing a
> brain gasket is his incessant whining in the newsgroups. Ignore him so
> he'll whine in the Mac newsgroup instead of this one.

Gee, another troll clearly pissed off at me.

I must be doing something right!

--
The answer to the water shortage is to dilute it.

0
usenet2 (47889)
7/27/2008 8:28:59 PM
RonB wrote:

>I sure wish you guys would quit quoting the s***head. I could blissfully
>pretend he didn't exist if you didn't.
>
>He's a crank. He's got no life. The only thing that keeps him from blowing a
>brain gasket is his incessant whining in the newsgroups. Ignore him so
>he'll whine in the Mac newsgroup instead of this one.

I vote the above the best post of the day.

0
chrisv (22840)
7/27/2008 11:00:16 PM
"chrisv" <chrisv@nospam.invalid> stated in post
cevp84lrl4vgu5igqgsl2v6km5lr107lcr@4ax.com on 7/27/08 4:00 PM:

> RonB wrote:
>
>> I sure wish you guys would quit quoting the s***head. I could blissfully
>> pretend he didn't exist if you didn't.
>>
>> He's a crank. He's got no life. The only thing that keeps him from blowing a
>> brain gasket is his incessant whining in the newsgroups. Ignore him so
>> he'll whine in the Mac newsgroup instead of this one.
>
> I vote the above the best post of the day.

There was much better trolling than his...

--
Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value.
--Albert Einstein

0
usenet2 (47889)
7/27/2008 11:02:00 PM
On Sun, 27 Jul 2008 13:23:50 -0700, Snit wrote:

> Here, let me help you to focus on the question I asked of you:
>
>     Why does Thufir openly lie about me and claim I have said I want
>     Linux to adopt the OS X interface?

You claim I wrote that?  Hmm, do you have a link?  Because I don't recall
writing *exactly* that.

-Thufir
0
hawat.thufir (2846)
7/28/2008 3:40:02 AM
"thufir" <hawat.thufir@gmail.com> stated in post
mcbjk.140720$gc5.50930@pd7urf2no on 7/27/08 8:40 PM:

> On Sun, 27 Jul 2008 13:23:50 -0700, Snit wrote:
>

>> Here, let me help you to focus on the question I asked of you:
>>
>>     Why does Thufir openly lie about me and claim I have said I want
>>     Linux to adopt the OS X interface?
>

> You claim I wrote that?  Hmm, do you have a link?  Because I don't recall
> writing *exactly* that.

I have quoted your list of lies that included that one lie many, many
times... and yet you claim to not recall it.  I call BS on that claim of
yours:

    Your whole "argument" boils down to: "My students can't
    figure out how to use a desktop. �Somehow, they understand
    the album to song relationship but fail to apply that
    understanding to directories and files. �But, they can use
    the mac very well because it has this super duper consistent
    interface. �Linux should adopt the Mac interface. Hell, just
    buy a Mac."

Oh, and since you cannot recall your lies (yeah, right):

<http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/4f90a7b9d1ca1666>

Now you can claim since you said the "Mac interface" you did not mean the
"OS X" interface... or whatever other game you will play to dodge the fact
you are a flat out liar.

--
The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of
limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and

0
usenet2 (47889)
7/28/2008 4:06:10 AM
Snit wrote:
> In the grocery store there are many, many kinds of cheese... I have tried
> several but many I have not and I have little interest in them.
>
> I do, however, sometimes make my own cheese.  I just had a snack with some
> of my home made cream cheese.  It was excellent.
>
> Choice.
>
> Grocery stores also have many kinds of pancake mix.  I do not believe I have
> ever bought any of them, though I have had others pancakes made from them.
>
> I make my own.  Started by - for the most part - following recipes.  Then I
> made my own recipe... one very different from any other I have seen.  I
> shared it with others... many people now use it and like it.  Some have made
> modifications.
>
> Choice.
>
> I make my own butter sometimes.  My own ice cream, too.
>
> Choice.
>
> I get more control over my butter and my cheese and my pancakes and much of
> my other food than almost anyone I know. How many people make their own?
> And I think mine are better.  Mine are certainly cheaper.  Mine, generally,
> are better for me.
>
> Choice.
>
> My butter and my ice cream and my pancakes and my cheese... they are all
> wonderful and I prefer them to the alternatives... to the mainstream
> choices. They take a bit more time and effort ... but less money... and I
> prefer them.
>
> Choice.
>
> But do I care if you do not make your own cheese?  Do I care if you do not
> make your own butter?  Do I belittle others who do not make their own
> pancake mix?
>
> Of course *not*!
>
> I use Linux.  I get more control, if I wanted it, than I do when I use other
> OSs.  I surely can appreciate that.  I like the idea of choice.  But why do
> people in COLA care if others prefer another OS?  Why does, for example,
> Peter K. lash out at others who do not use Linux?  Why does Thufir openly
> lie about me and claim I have said I want Linux to adopt the OS X interface?
> Why is Rick so uncomfortable with the downsides of Linux he has to flip flop
> from his admission that the fractured UI is not "best for the user"?
>
> I am comfortable with my choice.
>
> I wish the COLA "advocates" were comfortable with theirs - but clearly many
> are not or they would not act like that.
>
> Choice.  I like my choices.  I wish they liked theirs.

You have the choice between Coke and Pepsi, Republican or Democrat, etc.
etc. but that doesn't mean either one is good.
0
Beno1990 (517)
7/28/2008 6:45:44 AM
"Ben" <beno1990@gmail.com> stated in post g6jpuo$892$1@news.mixmin.net on
7/27/08 11:45 PM:

> Snit wrote:
>> In the grocery store there are many, many kinds of cheese... I have tried
>> several but many I have not and I have little interest in them.
>>
>> I do, however, sometimes make my own cheese.  I just had a snack with some
>> of my home made cream cheese.  It was excellent.
>>
>> Choice.
>>
>> Grocery stores also have many kinds of pancake mix.  I do not believe I have
>> ever bought any of them, though I have had others pancakes made from them.
>>
>> I make my own.  Started by - for the most part - following recipes.  Then I
>> made my own recipe... one very different from any other I have seen.  I
>> shared it with others... many people now use it and like it.  Some have made
>> modifications.
>>
>> Choice.
>>
>> I make my own butter sometimes.  My own ice cream, too.
>>
>> Choice.
>>
>> I get more control over my butter and my cheese and my pancakes and much of
>> my other food than almost anyone I know. How many people make their own?
>> And I think mine are better.  Mine are certainly cheaper.  Mine, generally,
>> are better for me.
>>
>> Choice.
>>
>> My butter and my ice cream and my pancakes and my cheese... they are all
>> wonderful and I prefer them to the alternatives... to the mainstream
>> choices. They take a bit more time and effort ... but less money... and I
>> prefer them.
>>
>> Choice.
>>
>> But do I care if you do not make your own cheese?  Do I care if you do not
>> make your own butter?  Do I belittle others who do not make their own
>> pancake mix?
>>
>> Of course *not*!
>>
>> I use Linux.  I get more control, if I wanted it, than I do when I use other
>> OSs.  I surely can appreciate that.  I like the idea of choice.  But why do
>> people in COLA care if others prefer another OS?  Why does, for example,
>> Peter K. lash out at others who do not use Linux?  Why does Thufir openly
>> lie about me and claim I have said I want Linux to adopt the OS X interface?
>> Why is Rick so uncomfortable with the downsides of Linux he has to flip flop
>> from his admission that the fractured UI is not "best for the user"?
>>
>> I am comfortable with my choice.
>>
>> I wish the COLA "advocates" were comfortable with theirs - but clearly many
>> are not or they would not act like that.
>>
>> Choice.  I like my choices.  I wish they liked theirs.
>>

> You have the choice between Coke and Pepsi, Republican or Democrat, etc.
> etc. but that doesn't mean either one is good.

I do not drink either Coke or Pepsi... and I am an independent.

Choice.

:)

--
But if you are somebody who is not too concerned about price, who is not too
concerned about freedom, I don't think we can say the Linux desktop offers

usenet2 (47889)
7/28/2008 3:15:35 PM
Snit wrote:
> "Ben" <beno1990@gmail.com> stated in post g6jpuo$892$1@news.mixmin.net on
> 7/27/08 11:45 PM:
>
>> Snit wrote:
>>> In the grocery store there are many, many kinds of cheese... I have tried
>>> several but many I have not and I have little interest in them.
>>>
>>> I do, however, sometimes make my own cheese.  I just had a snack with some
>>> of my home made cream cheese.  It was excellent.
>>>
>>> Choice.
>>>
>>> Grocery stores also have many kinds of pancake mix.  I do not believe I have
>>> ever bought any of them, though I have had others pancakes made from them.
>>>
>>> I make my own.  Started by - for the most part - following recipes.  Then I
>>> made my own recipe... one very different from any other I have seen.  I
>>> shared it with others... many people now use it and like it.  Some have made
>>> modifications.
>>>
>>> Choice.
>>>
>>> I make my own butter sometimes.  My own ice cream, too.
>>>
>>> Choice.
>>>
>>> I get more control over my butter and my cheese and my pancakes and much of
>>> my other food than almost anyone I know. How many people make their own?
>>> And I think mine are better.  Mine are certainly cheaper.  Mine, generally,
>>> are better for me.
>>>
>>> Choice.
>>>
>>> My butter and my ice cream and my pancakes and my cheese... they are all
>>> wonderful and I prefer them to the alternatives... to the mainstream
>>> choices. They take a bit more time and effort ... but less money... and I
>>> prefer them.
>>>
>>> Choice.
>>>
>>> But do I care if you do not make your own cheese?  Do I care if you do not
>>> make your own butter?  Do I belittle others who do not make their own
>>> pancake mix?
>>>
>>> Of course *not*!
>>>
>>> I use Linux.  I get more control, if I wanted it, than I do when I use other
>>> OSs.  I surely can appreciate that.  I like the idea of choice.  But why do
>>> people in COLA care if others prefer another OS?  Why does, for example,
>>> Peter K. lash out at others who do not use Linux?  Why does Thufir openly
>>> lie about me and claim I have said I want Linux to adopt the OS X interface?
>>> Why is Rick so uncomfortable with the downsides of Linux he has to flip flop
>>> from his admission that the fractured UI is not "best for the user"?
>>>
>>> I am comfortable with my choice.
>>>
>>> I wish the COLA "advocates" were comfortable with theirs - but clearly many
>>> are not or they would not act like that.
>>>
>>> Choice.  I like my choices.  I wish they liked theirs.
>>>

>> You have the choice between Coke and Pepsi, Republican or Democrat, etc.
>> etc. but that doesn't mean either one is good.
>
> I do not drink either Coke or Pepsi... and I am an independent.
>
> Choice.
>
> :)

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=rb1heYa2bfw

I think you should watch this video about choice. :)

George Carlin FTW.
0
Beno1990 (517)
7/28/2008 5:10:24 PM
"Ben" <beno1990@gmail.com> stated in post g6kui0$hdi$3@news.mixmin.net on
7/28/08 10:10 AM:

Thanks... I enjoyed.

--
"If you have integrity, nothing else matters." - Alan Simpson

0
usenet2 (47889)
7/28/2008 6:29:21 PM
Snit wrote:
> "Ben" <beno1990@gmail.com> stated in post g6kui0$hdi$3@news.mixmin.net on
> 7/28/08 10:10 AM:
>
>> Snit wrote:
>>> "Ben" <beno1990@gmail.com> stated in post g6jpuo$892$1@news.mixmin.net on
>>> 7/27/08 11:45 PM:

>>> I do not drink either Coke or Pepsi... and I am an independent.
>>>
>>> Choice.
>>>
>>> :)
>>>

>> http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=rb1heYa2bfw
>>
>> I think you should watch this video about choice. :)
>>
>> George Carlin FTW.
>
> Thanks... I enjoyed.

Ah, but did you take his point?
0
Beno1990 (517)
7/28/2008 7:20:15 PM
"Ben" <beno1990@gmail.com> stated in post g6l65f$nr1$1@news.mixmin.net on
7/28/08 12:20 PM:

> Snit wrote:
>> "Ben" <beno1990@gmail.com> stated in post g6kui0$hdi$3@news.mixmin.net on

>>> http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=rb1heYa2bfw
>>>
>>> I think you should watch this video about choice. :)
>>>
>>> George Carlin FTW.
>>
>> Thanks... I enjoyed.
>>

> Ah, but did you take his point?

Yes.

--
Dear Aunt, let's set so double the killer delete select all

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1123221217782777472

0
usenet2 (47889)
7/28/2008 8:25:49 PM
On 2008-07-27, chrisv <chrisv@nospam.invalid> wrote:
> RonB wrote:
>
>>I sure wish you guys would quit quoting the s***head. I could blissfully
>>pretend he didn't exist if you didn't.
>>
>>He's a crank. He's got no life. The only thing that keeps him from blowing a
>>brain gasket is his incessant whining in the newsgroups. Ignore him so
>>he'll whine in the Mac newsgroup instead of this one.
>
> I vote the above the best post of the day.

Yeah, but you despise trolls even more than me.

--
Regards,

Gregory.
Gentoo Linux - Penguin Power