chrisv - the 100% MS-Window using POS hyocrite liar

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

"Agent supports these Windows versions: Win7, Vista, XP, 2003, 2000, ME, 98,
95, NT."

0
Reply One 5/6/2010 4:25:55 PM

See related articles to this posting

comp.os.linux.advocacy 118867 articles. 13 followers. Post

meet chrisv
X-Newsreader: Forte Agent 1.92/32.572 "Agent supports these Windows versions: Win7, Vista, XP, 2003, 2000, ME, 98, 95, NT." "One Shot, One Kill" <fred@gmail.com> schreef in bericht news:hs1hq9$mo7$1@speranza.aioe.org... > X-Newsreader: Forte Agent 1.92/32.572 > > "Agent supports these Windows versions: Win7, Vista, XP, 2003, 2000, ME, > 98, 95, NT." > Pssst, this will force him to post with pan, again, for a while, to show cola he's using Linux. The poor fscker thinks we don't know pan version 0.14.2 runs i...

If you used to use Windows or now used Windows less because of FreeBSD why?
For a Graduation Project, I am comparing Open-Source software to Propetarity Software. So if you used to use Windows or now use Windows less, why do you use FreeBSD more now? Yes, I know I asked a question like this before, but forgot to ask this one. ;). I continue to use windows on the desktop because of certain apps and games that only run on windows. Making the switch to another platorm is not a priority. I am quite good with windows security and other platforms offer no functionality that windows lacks, in my instance. I recently began utilizing freebsd for some of ...

100^100 != 100^100
a = 100^100; str2num(num2str(a)) == a results in 1 but num2str(a) = 99999999999999996973312221251036165947450327545502362648241750950346848435554075 53419633840470625186802751241597388240818213573436827848463938504104723987787102 3591066789981811181813306167128854888448 Howcome? What is the best way to deal with such large numbers in MATLAB? How can I see the number without num2str function? Best regards, Ustun "ustunozgur" <ustunozgur@gmail.com> wrote in message news:7e2e0d2d-b779-4137-92f5- > > Howcome? What is the best way to deal with such large numbers in ...

Use 100% of window space
Hello, My <div>-Element should use all the space available in the browser window, I want no borders on one of the four sides. With a css padding, border and margin of 0px, I still get a border. I tried with negative margins, however, this only works for the top and left borders which now vanish, however doubling the size of the borders below and right of the <div>-object: <Style> body { border-width: 0; } #ext { padding: 0px; margin-top: -10px; margin-left: -10px; border: 0px; } </Style> </head> <body scroll="no"><d...

Tetration (print 100^100^100^100^100^100^100^100^100^100^100^100^100^100)
Stefan Ram asks the following: On Monday, April 23, 2012 11:53:09 PM UTC+2, Stefan Ram wrote: > John Reye writes: > >How can one construct a literal, to be the largest value that this > >variable can hold, without information about the variables type? >=20 > The largest value a single bit can hold is not limited. > It just depends on the code used. For example, I can use this code: >=20 > bit > state meaning > 0 the number 0 > 1 the number 100^100^100^100^100^100^100^100^100^100^100^100^100^100 >=20 > For large numbers, see: >=2...

comp.unix.cray,comp.windows.garnet,comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.winhelp,comp.os.ms-windows.networking.tcp-ip,comp.lang.verilog
comp.unix.cray,comp.windows.garnet,comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.winhelp,comp.os.ms-windows.networking.tcp-ip,comp.lang.verilog ...

MS Windows automation
-------------------------------1110976291 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Dear Ruby experts, I would like to use Ruby's WIN32OLE and/or WIN32API capability to automate a translation application. In the documentation on the web, there are examples on how to use Ruby to create Excel and Word documents and to write to them. My problem is now that I do not know how to tell Ruby what to substitute in the book example's lines ie = WIN32OLE.new('InternetExplorer.Application') ie.visible = true ie.gohome so that my appli...

Use the critical package for MS Windows
--kpxeugtvko Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="jokgwvzloorvwt"; type="multipart/alternative" --jokgwvzloorvwt Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="xcmepslxu" --xcmepslxu Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "February 2004, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to continue keeping your computer secure f...

Use MS Access databse under chinese windows
Hello: I have a database (Access 2000) I need to use under CHinese Windows 98. I have used chinese fonts in True Type SimSun and I also have CHinese Star which I can use for the Chinese fonts. I'm trying to get a computer where I can install chinese windows to test the database before it goes to the users, but I don't know if this will be possible. If anyone has done anything similar, I would be interested in hearing what ty pes of problems you encountered and what I can do to deal with them. Thanks much, Tim ...

Prevent Windows from using my window
I open a small window with no toolbars and position it in the corner of the screen. My problem is that when this window was the last window opened, Windows will use it to open any link that I click on. Here is how I test this, 1. I click a link on my html page to open my little window. 2. I click on a link in an email message. 3. The link will open in my little window instead of a new window. is there any way to prevent this? Thanks AJS AJS wrote: > 3. The link will open in my little window instead of a new window. > is there any way to prevent this? This isn't javascript-relate...

RE: Use the internet patch for MS Windows
--cbhpmmipcpsdg Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="njznwgjoeckur"; type="multipart/alternative" --njznwgjoeckur Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="mlaokmimqrzn" --mlaokmimqrzn Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS User this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to protect your computer...

Publish to MS Word using 100% CPU
I am using the MATLAB Publish function to export a number of graphs to a word file (variable, typically 15-30). The code is pretty simple: %--- options.showCode = false; options.format = 'doc'; options.outputDir = savedir; file = publish('PlotSpinners.m',options); close all %--- This runs fine, and produces the exported word file in the correct location. However, it leaves an instance of WINWORD.EXE running in the background, which task manager shows as using 99% of CPU resources and which seems to run perpetually. Currently I have to manually terminate this process every t...

MS SQL uses 100% of my 2 CPU machine
Hello, I just installed MS SQL 2000 Enterprise on a Windows 2000 Server machine with 2 CPU's. After starting the MS SQL takes 2 x 100% of all CPU power. I do NOT load the DB in any way with queries. Obviously this leads to all kinds of software not working well anymore. Does anyone know how to lower the CPU power used? Please help!? regards, Pierre Verbakel The Netherlands Under the server properties in EM (right-click server name), under the processor tab you can control the priority (to some degree), also you can control how many processors SQL Server uses. I had a similar p...

Anyone using Perl to develop and deploy MS Windows apps?
I'm looking for some experiences or even some guidance ... There are some freeware tools I provide on my homepage, which are written in Visual Basic. For a couple of reasons I want to get rid of VB and want to switch to another language. Because I'm rather experienced with Perl, this would be an obvious choice. But there is one problem: the deployment of my Perl apps. My users are no tech gurus, just average computer users. This means the programs have to be deployed as self-installing single .exe files. (To tell them to install ActiveState Perl for Windows distribution is no option!...

Using ccl/MS-Windows from emacs/cygwin with slime/swank.
ccl on MS-Windows uses MS-Windows physical pathnames. emacs on cygwin has some flexibility, but mostly uses POSIX paths. Happily, slime provides a mechanism to customize it's boot process. When launched from cygwin, ccl uses C:\ for (USER-HOMEDIR-PATHNAME). I guess cygwin resets the MS-Windows environment variable USERPROFILE. But I wanted to use my rc files installed in cygwin. Each implementation specific rc files load the same ~/rc/common.lisp file that initialize my CL environment the uniformly on all CL implementations. So I wrote the following C:\ccl-init.lisp : -------------...

Using Windows for a Day Cost Mac User $100,000
<Quote> David Green normally only accessed his company=92s online bank account from his trusty Mac laptop. Then one day this April while he was home sick, Green found himself needing to authorize a transfer of money out of his firm=92s account. Trouble was, he=92d left his Mac at work. So he decided to log in to the company=92s bank account using his wife=92s Windows PC.... A few days later, the crooks used those same credentials to steal nearly $100,000 from the company=92s online accounts, sending the money in sub- $10,000 and sub-$5,000 chunks to 14 individuals across the ...

How to use/understand <Expose> events on MS Windows
The Tk manpage for [bind] says about Expose events: <quote> An Expose event is generated whenever all or part of a window should be redrawn (for example, when a window is first mapped or if it becomes unobscured). <unquote> Running the attached script under Linux, I indeed observe that an <Expose> event is generated, each time when a widget becomes unobscured; as described by the documentation. However, when running the same script under MS Windows[*], repeated obscuring/unobscuring doesn't generate any events. [*] 2000. Yes, ancient, I know. T...

wntbackup.tcl
Hi! I wrote the wntbackup.tcl script that is an interface to the Microsoft Windows Backup Utility (ntbackup.exe that comes with some versions of Microsoft Windows). It can be used to back up data to a file or to a stand-alone tape library (tape drive). The backups created using wntbackup.tcl can be restored with ntbackup.exe. wntbackup.tcl simplifies reporting (the backup log can be sent via e-mail) and managing backup files created in backup jobs that are scheduled to run regularly. Limitations (when compared to ntbackup.exe) - In a backup to a file it uses a new file for each backup job,...

Complaint about TAO ... building on Windows using MS VC++ 2005
Hi there, First off, I realize that since I'm not paying anything to use TAO I probably don't really have the right to complain about it, but bear with me. I have just downloaded the latest stable ACE+TAO+CIAO release, and I'm now desperately trying to build all the stuff I need. I'm mainly interested in TAO/CORBA. So ... knowing that in order to build TAO, I'd first have to build ACE I went about reading the ACE install notes. Aha "Building and Installing ACE on Windows with Microsoft Visual Studio", there ... that'll be what I need. Right, bef...

Printing DICOM images using CTN Software over MS Windows
In the Wire Communication Laboratory of the Universtity of Patras in Greece we try to develope DICOM services using CTN Software. We use 2.12.0 edition of CTN. I would like to ask you if there is any capability using CTN Software to develope DICOM Printing service over a MS Windows platform? I would appreciate your answers. Thank you in advance. George Koutelakis Phd Student ...

HELP connecting JSP app to MS SQL using Windows Authentication
Hi- I wrote an app years ago using jsp, and life has been good, it just hummed along quietly passing the password and username in the connection string ex: Class.forName("sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver"); Connection con = DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:odbc:old_way","user_name","pass_word"); Statement stmt = con.createStatement(); ResultSet rs = stmt.executeQuery("SELECT * FROM blah blah blah...."); now we have a new database that needs windows authentication. I built a new ODBC data source using the new server and windows authentication an...

U.S. DoD: Windows is an insecure POS; we use recommend Linux
http://www.infoworld.com/d/open-source-software/dod-debuts-brand-new- linux-telecommuters-168012 A new Linux distro is being advocated by the DoD for remote access on their secure networks. It creates a secure tunnel to corporate or government networks and elliminates the risk of malware found on about half of all Windooze computers. I personally believe Congress should legislate a ban on using Windows in government offices and those of contractors that work for the government. It's too insecure and has resulted in the loss of numerous U.S. secret technology and intelligence. Linux...

Australian government loves MS Windows
BAWWWAAAA http://delimiter.com.au/2011/08/29/defence-conducts-openoffice-org-trial/ The interest resulted in few local deployments, however. Last year AGIMO revealed just three percent of government desktops were using Firefox, despite the browser's strong popularity on private machines. And this year, AGIMO revealed 99.5 percent of government desktops were running Windows, with 86 percent using Microsoft Office. Suzy Trombone wrote: > BAWWWAAAA > > > http://delimiter.com.au/2011/08/29/defence-conducts-openoffice-org-trial/ > > The interest resulted in few loc...

Printing DICOM images using CTN Software over MS Windows #2