Desktop Linux losing share

Maybe because it does not work or do anything useful.  Those could be two
factors.

But it is free.

It cannot print because it will jet squirt all of the ink out of your
printer ink tanks on the first page.  It cannot do Microsoft Office.  It
cannot do Adobe or Flash.  It cannot do Youtube or Twitter or anything else
popular.

Linux is just a retarded sort of a web browser but if you click on something
it will not go through.

0
RickyBobby
10/24/2010 10:36:35 PM
comp.os.linux.advocacy 123676 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On 10/24/2010 07:36 PM, RickyBobby wrote:
<fail snipped>
> But it is free.
<fail snipped>

Right...

by the way... this is how my desktop looked when reading this~
http://uppix.net/0/a/e/f48222fe7ed62d9c425185057e168.jpg

Nothing compared to Windows 7⸮
0
Magno
10/24/2010 10:52:56 PM

"Magno"  wrote in message news:8vpep7-vtq.ln1@news.newsgroup.cl...

On 10/24/2010 07:36 PM, RickyBobby wrote:
<fail snipped>
> But it is free.
<fail snipped>

Right...

by the way... this is how my desktop looked when reading this~
http://uppix.net/0/a/e/f48222fe7ed62d9c425185057e168.jpg

Nothing compared to Windows 7⸮

Windows 7 is not free at all.  You are supposed to pay your tribute to
Microsoft.

But the Linux GNU Open Source Software is free to use and free of security
threats.

So there is a lot to say for Linux Open Source beyond the obvious.

I think that if more people ran Linux is would have a higher percentage
share.

I tried to run Linux about six times but I was not smart enough or not
patient enough about memorizing things.  But that is just me. Other people
than me may get a much better result.

0
RickyBobby
10/24/2010 11:04:00 PM
On 10/24/2010 08:04 PM, RickyBobby wrote:
> I tried to run Linux about six times but I was not smart enough or not
> patient enough about memorizing things. But that is just me. Other
> people than me may get a much better result.

What is the hard part in clicking on buttons or moving a pointer?
Don’t tell me that you tried to do everything through the CLI without
any prior experience?
0
Magno
10/24/2010 11:08:56 PM
On Sun, 24 Oct 2010 16:04:00 -0700, RickyBobby wrote:

> "Magno"  wrote in message news:8vpep7-vtq.ln1@news.newsgroup.cl...
>
> On 10/24/2010 07:36 PM, RickyBobby wrote: <fail snipped>
>> But it is free.
> <fail snipped>
>
> Right...
>
> by the way... this is how my desktop looked when reading this~
> http://uppix.net/0/a/e/f48222fe7ed62d9c425185057e168.jpg
>
> Nothing compared to Windows 7⸮
>
> Windows 7 is not free at all.  You are supposed to pay your tribute to
> Microsoft.
>
> But the Linux GNU Open Source Software is free to use and free of
> security threats.
>
> So there is a lot to say for Linux Open Source beyond the obvious.
>
> I think that if more people ran Linux is would have a higher percentage
> share.
>
> I tried to run Linux about six times but I was not smart enough or not
> patient enough about memorizing things.  But that is just me. Other
> people than me may get a much better result.

Yes, those with a room temperature IQ generally fair quite well.
0
ray
10/25/2010 12:59:24 AM

"ray"  wrote in message news:8ik33bFj45U3@mid.individual.net...

On Sun, 24 Oct 2010 16:04:00 -0700, RickyBobby wrote:

> "Magno"  wrote in message news:8vpep7-vtq.ln1@news.newsgroup.cl...
>
> On 10/24/2010 07:36 PM, RickyBobby wrote: <fail snipped>
>> But it is free.
> <fail snipped>
>
> Right...
>
> by the way... this is how my desktop looked when reading this~
> http://uppix.net/0/a/e/f48222fe7ed62d9c425185057e168.jpg
>
> Nothing compared to Windows 7⸮
>
> Windows 7 is not free at all.  You are supposed to pay your tribute to
> Microsoft.
>
> But the Linux GNU Open Source Software is free to use and free of
> security threats.
>
> So there is a lot to say for Linux Open Source beyond the obvious.
>
> I think that if more people ran Linux is would have a higher percentage
> share.
>
> I tried to run Linux about six times but I was not smart enough or not
> patient enough about memorizing things.  But that is just me. Other
> people than me may get a much better result.

Yes, those with a room temperature IQ generally fair quite well.

Well, my IQ must be a real low measure.  I tried it lots of times but I
never could get it to do anything entertaining or useful.

Microsoft is the real deal when it comes to personal computer stuff.

0
RickyBobby
10/25/2010 1:11:43 AM
On 10/24/2010 08:04 PM, RickyBobby wrote:
> I tried to run Linux about six times but I was not smart enough or not
> patient enough about memorizing things. But that is just me. Other
> people than me may get a much better result.

What is the hard part in clicking on buttons or moving a pointer?
Don�t tell me that you tried to do everything through the CLI without
any prior experience?
0
Magno
10/25/2010 1:40:13 AM
On Sun, 24 Oct 2010 20:08:56 -0300, Magno wrote:

> On 10/24/2010 08:04 PM, RickyBobby wrote:
>> I tried to run Linux about six times but I was not smart enough or not
>> patient enough about memorizing things. But that is just me. Other
>> people than me may get a much better result.
>
> What is the hard part in clicking on buttons or moving a pointer? Don’t
> tell me that you tried to do everything through the CLI without any
> prior experience?

Oh, believe me, "RickyBobby" really *could* be that stupid.

--
RonB
Registered Linux User #498581
> On Sun, 24 Oct 2010 16:04:00 -0700, RickyBobby wrote:

>> I think that if more people ran Linux is would have a higher percentage
>> share.

How long has Little Ricky been a Mensa member?

--
Don't ask me, I only work here.
Aspire One, Peppermint Ice

>> On Sun, 24 Oct 2010 16:04:00 -0700, RickyBobby wrote:
>
>>> I think that if more people ran Linux is would have a higher percentage
>>> share.
>
> How long has Little Ricky been a Mensa member?

Not Mensa.  Menses.

--
Money can't buy love, but it improves your bargaining position.
		-- Christopher Marlowe
On 2010-10-24, RickyBobby <nascar42@cox.net> wrote:
> Maybe because it does not work or do anything useful.  Those could be two
> factors.
>
> But it is free.
>
> It cannot print because it will jet squirt all of the ink out of your

....you could at least bother with some 10 year old FUD rather that
some absurd nonsense that looks like it came from some kindergardner.

[deletia]

--
NO! There are no CODICILES of Fight Club!                           |||
                                                                   / | \
On 2010-10-25, Chris Ahlstrom <ahlstromc@xzoozy.com> claimed:
> Sinister Midget III pulled this Usenet face plant:

>> How long has Little Ricky been a Mensa member?
>
> Not Mensa.  Menses.

That one was as bad as TAB's "In linux you have to /know/ things"
comment.

--
Even a hawk is an eagle among crows.
Aspire One, Peppermint Ice
Friends don't let friends use Windows
0
Sinister
10/25/2010 1:50:50 PM

"Magno"  wrote in message news:to3fp7-svr.ln1@news.newsgroup.cl...

On 10/24/2010 08:04 PM, RickyBobby wrote:
> I tried to run Linux about six times but I was not smart enough or not
> patient enough about memorizing things. But that is just me. Other
> people than me may get a much better result.

What is the hard part in clicking on buttons or moving a pointer?
Don�t tell me that you tried to do everything through the CLI without
any prior experience?

I tried lots of things over the years.  There were tarballs at one point and
RPM at one point and I do not even want to think about how they do things
now.  I have read some good things about this Ubuntu so I may try that on my
backup computer in the dual boot setup.  Maybe the fourteenth time will be a
charm.  Success is built upon a mountain of failures.

0
RickyBobby
10/25/2010 4:29:16 PM
On 10/25/2010 01:29 PM, RickyBobby wrote:
> I tried lots of things over the years. There were tarballs at one point
> and RPM at one point and I do not even want to think about how they do
> things now. I have read some good things about this Ubuntu so I may try
> that on my backup computer in the dual boot setup. Maybe the fourteenth
> time will be a charm. Success is built upon a mountain of failures.

So you never tried PackageKit or YUM? Now I get why you failed.
0
Magno
10/25/2010 4:31:53 PM

"Magno"  wrote in message news:p0ogp7-v16.ln1@news.newsgroup.cl...

On 10/25/2010 01:29 PM, RickyBobby wrote:
> I tried lots of things over the years. There were tarballs at one point
> and RPM at one point and I do not even want to think about how they do
> things now. I have read some good things about this Ubuntu so I may try
> that on my backup computer in the dual boot setup. Maybe the fourteenth
> time will be a charm. Success is built upon a mountain of failures.

So you never tried PackageKit or YUM? Now I get why you failed.

I have never even heard of either of those.  I forget which was the last
distro of Linux I installed.  It was about three or four years ago.  It had
some catchy name and a pleasant blue and white desktop theme but I cannot
recall the name.  But when I get bored a use something called KillDisc and
write the hard drive to zeros once in a while and I lost it.    Now I am
going to try Ubuntu and see what happens.  They have this neato email and
usenet reader called Godzilla or something like that which is really slick.
I do miss that.  The bugaboo last time was that I could not get any wireless
card I owned to work.  I look up the workaround on the Al Gore Internet and
the instructions were like three pages long and involved all of this
terminal and command line interface junk.  Forget that.

0
RickyBobby
10/25/2010 4:48:25 PM
On Mon, 25 Oct 2010 13:31:53 -0300, Magno wrote:

> On 10/25/2010 01:29 PM, RickyBobby wrote:
>> I tried lots of things over the years. There were tarballs at one point
>> and RPM at one point and I do not even want to think about how they do
>> things now. I have read some good things about this Ubuntu so I may try
>> that on my backup computer in the dual boot setup. Maybe the fourteenth
>> time will be a charm. Success is built upon a mountain of failures.
>
> So you never tried PackageKit or YUM? Now I get why you failed.

It RickBobby's case, no -- YUM and PackageKit don't come with Windows.

--
RonB
Registered Linux User #498581
CentOS 5.5 or VectorLinux Deluxe 6.0
0
RonB
10/25/2010 6:50:09 PM
On Mon, 25 Oct 2010 08:07:19 -0500, JEDIDIAH wrote:

> On 2010-10-24, RickyBobby <nascar42@cox.net> wrote:
>> Maybe because it does not work or do anything useful.  Those could be
>> two factors.
>>
>> But it is free.
>>
>> It cannot print because it will jet squirt all of the ink out of your
>
> ...you could at least bother with some 10 year old FUD rather that some
> absurd nonsense that looks like it came from some kindergardner.
>
> [deletia]

Now, now, "RickyBobby" is doing the best he can considering his
"limitations."