Do you like to read words with no spaces between them? Then you might like Linux

This is what the gedit menu looked like on my Manjaro Linux system:

FileEditViewSearchToolsDocumentsHelp

http://bayimg.com/EANoeAaFo

The hobbyware was obviously put on Earth to test our patience, and to
provide a source of amusement.
0
DFS

On 12/09/2014 10:24 AM, DFS wrote:
> This is what the gedit menu looked like on my Manjaro Linux system:
>
> FileEditViewSearchToolsDocumentsHelp
>
> http://bayimg.com/EANoeAaFo
>

> The hobbyware was obviously put on Earth to test our patience, and to
> provide a source of amusement.

Wintroll! Stop wintrolling, wintroll! It is merely expressing its
freedom to be useless.

--
Silver Slimer
OpenMedia Supporter

Wretched Stallman insists that you call it GNU/Linux.
0
Silver
9/12/2014 2:32:00 PM
On Fri, 12 Sep 2014 10:24:40 -0400, DFS wrote:

> This is what the gedit menu looked like on my Manjaro Linux system:
>
> FileEditViewSearchToolsDocumentsHelp
>
> http://bayimg.com/EANoeAaFo
>

> The hobbyware was obviously put on Earth to test our patience, and to
> provide a source of amusement.

The Linux community should have a competition where end users have 10
minutes on a freshly installed Linux system to find errors.

The winner gets a 486/66 computer to use as a super computer Quake
Server. Running Linux of course.

--
flatfish+++

Linux: The Operating System That Put The City Of Munich Out Of
Business.
Before Switching To Linux Read This:
http://linuxfonts.narod.ru/why.linux.is.not.ready.for.the.desktop.current.html
0
us
9/12/2014 2:38:57 PM
On 12/09/2014 10:38 AM,  flatfish+++ wrote:
> On Fri, 12 Sep 2014 10:24:40 -0400, DFS wrote:
>
>> This is what the gedit menu looked like on my Manjaro Linux system:
>>
>> FileEditViewSearchToolsDocumentsHelp
>>
>> http://bayimg.com/EANoeAaFo
>>

>> The hobbyware was obviously put on Earth to test our patience, and to
>> provide a source of amusement.
>
> The Linux community should have a competition where end users have 10
> minutes on a freshly installed Linux system to find errors.
>
> The winner gets a 486/66 computer to use as a super computer Quake
> Server. Running Linux of course.

That would be a significant upgrade for their desktops though. It would
be a shame to use such a sophisticated and capable machine on a server.

--
Silver Slimer
OpenMedia Supporter

Wretched Stallman insists that you call it GNU/Linux.
0
Silver
9/12/2014 2:40:15 PM
On 9/12/2014 10:32 AM, Silver Slimer wrote:

> --
> Silver Slimer
> OpenMedia Supporter
>
> Wretched Stallman insists that you call it GNU/Linux.

Did you ever see how badly he insists that you call it GNU/Linux?

So badly he wrote a 61-entry, 8000-word FAQ about it:

http://www.gnu.org/gnu/gnu-linux-faq.html

cuckoo!

0
DFS
9/12/2014 3:05:00 PM
On Fri, 12 Sep 2014 10:40:15 -0400, Silver Slimer wrote:

> On 12/09/2014 10:38 AM,  flatfish+++ wrote:
>> On Fri, 12 Sep 2014 10:24:40 -0400, DFS wrote:
>>
>>> This is what the gedit menu looked like on my Manjaro Linux system:
>>>
>>> FileEditViewSearchToolsDocumentsHelp
>>>
>>> http://bayimg.com/EANoeAaFo
>>>

>>> The hobbyware was obviously put on Earth to test our patience, and to
>>> provide a source of amusement.
>>
>> The Linux community should have a competition where end users have 10
>> minutes on a freshly installed Linux system to find errors.
>>
>> The winner gets a 486/66 computer to use as a super computer Quake
>> Server. Running Linux of course.
>
> That would be a significant upgrade for their desktops though. It would
> be a shame to use such a sophisticated and capable machine on a server.

Yep.
State of the art!

--
flatfish+++

Linux: The Operating System That Put The City Of Munich Out Of
Business.
Before Switching To Linux Read This:
http://linuxfonts.narod.ru/why.linux.is.not.ready.for.the.desktop.current.html
0
us
9/12/2014 3:10:55 PM
On Fri, 12 Sep 2014 11:05:00 -0400, DFS wrote:

> On 9/12/2014 10:32 AM, Silver Slimer wrote:
>>
>> --
>> Silver Slimer
>> OpenMedia Supporter
>>
>> Wretched Stallman insists that you call it GNU/Linux.
>

> Did you ever see how badly he insists that you call it GNU/Linux?
>
> So badly he wrote a 61-entry, 8000-word FAQ about it:
>
> http://www.gnu.org/gnu/gnu-linux-faq.html
>
> cuckoo!

The Linux community needs a better spokesperson.
Maybe Pee Wee Herman?

--
flatfish+++

Linux: The Operating System That Put The City Of Munich Out Of
Business.
Before Switching To Linux Read This:
http://linuxfonts.narod.ru/why.linux.is.not.ready.for.the.desktop.current.html
0
us
9/12/2014 3:14:52 PM
On 12/09/2014 11:14 AM,  flatfish+++ wrote:
> On Fri, 12 Sep 2014 11:05:00 -0400, DFS wrote:
>
>> On 9/12/2014 10:32 AM, Silver Slimer wrote:
>>>
>>> --
>>> Silver Slimer
>>> OpenMedia Supporter
>>>
>>> Wretched Stallman insists that you call it GNU/Linux.
>>

>> Did you ever see how badly he insists that you call it GNU/Linux?
>>
>> So badly he wrote a 61-entry, 8000-word FAQ about it:
>>
>> http://www.gnu.org/gnu/gnu-linux-faq.html
>>
>> cuckoo!
>
> The Linux community needs a better spokesperson.
> Maybe Pee Wee Herman?

Or a combination of C3PO and Pee-Wee Herman. A C3 Pee-Wee Herman.

Credit to the Big Bang Theory for that one.

--
Silver Slimer
OpenMedia Supporter

Wretched Stallman insists that you call it GNU/Linux.
0
Silver
9/12/2014 4:46:37 PM
On Fri, 12 Sep 2014 12:46:37 -0400, Silver Slimer wrote:

> On 12/09/2014 11:14 AM,  flatfish+++ wrote:

>>> Did you ever see how badly he insists that you call it GNU/Linux?
>>>
>>> So badly he wrote a 61-entry, 8000-word FAQ about it:
>>>
>>> http://www.gnu.org/gnu/gnu-linux-faq.html
>>>
>>> cuckoo!
>>
>> The Linux community needs a better spokesperson.
>> Maybe Pee Wee Herman?
>
> Or a combination of C3PO and Pee-Wee Herman. A C3 Pee-Wee Herman.
>
> Credit to the Big Bang Theory for that one.

That's funny!

--
flatfish+++

Linux: The Operating System That Put The City Of Munich Out Of
Business.
Before Switching To Linux Read This:
http://linuxfonts.narod.ru/why.linux.is.not.ready.for.the.desktop.current.html
0
us
9/12/2014 8:29:33 PM
On 9/12/2014 11:14 AM,  flatfish+++ wrote:
> On Fri, 12 Sep 2014 11:05:00 -0400, DFS wrote:
>
>> On 9/12/2014 10:32 AM, Silver Slimer wrote:
>>>
>>> --
>>> Silver Slimer
>>> OpenMedia Supporter
>>>
>>> Wretched Stallman insists that you call it GNU/Linux.
>>

>> Did you ever see how badly he insists that you call it GNU/Linux?
>>
>> So badly he wrote a 61-entry, 8000-word FAQ about it:
>>
>> http://www.gnu.org/gnu/gnu-linux-faq.html
>>
>> cuckoo!
>
> The Linux community needs a better spokesperson.
> Maybe Pee Wee Herman?

ha!

I bet Creepy sounds just like Pee Wee.

0
DFS
9/13/2014 1:21:04 PM
On Sat, 13 Sep 2014 09:21:04 -0400, DFS wrote:

> On 9/12/2014 11:14 AM,  flatfish+++ wrote:

>>> Did you ever see how badly he insists that you call it GNU/Linux?
>>>
>>> So badly he wrote a 61-entry, 8000-word FAQ about it:
>>>
>>> http://www.gnu.org/gnu/gnu-linux-faq.html
>>>
>>> cuckoo!
>>
>> The Linux community needs a better spokesperson.
>> Maybe Pee Wee Herman?
>
> ha!
>
> I bet Creepy sounds just like Pee Wee.

Yea.

--
flatfish+++

Linux: The Operating System That Put The City Of Munich Out Of
Business.
Before Switching To Linux Read This:
http://linuxfonts.narod.ru/why.linux.is.not.ready.for.the.desktop.current.html
0
us

portable pda-like Linux-OS on tablet PC-like device?
Hi! I am considering in buying a tablet-PC-device and run Linux on it (I've been to much in Windows in the last 2 years, have to come back to the rooooots^^). Since I want to replace my PalmOS PDAs with a device with big or huge display (well, bigger as LifeDrive and even huger than HTC Advantage X7500) I wanted to figure out, how I can determine a Linux to be ... PDA-like: I am looking for the device to turn on instantly - instant on without booting it everytime. Can You give me an advise in this? Can I do this with a common linux or do I need a special one? Or do I have to get a real...

Linux, Linux, Linux

[News] [Linux] Infamous Anti-Linux Blogger Suddently Likes Linux
Edubuntu update - still rocking ,----[ Quote ] | So what's the verdict? Seat of the pants testing suggests that | performance of the thin client network isn't quite on par with | Microsoft Terminal Services (I have an identical test server | running Windows Server 2003) or Citrix systems. However, for | the majority of home, school, and SOHO applications, Edubuntu | represents an incredible value and brilliantly easy setup. | Performance issues aside, setup is quite a ways ahead of that | offered by Microsoft and Citrix and certainly more accessible | for the average user. This i...

[News] Mac OS X-Like Dock for GNU/Linux Reviewed by Linux.com
KXDocker: More than a task manager ,----[ Quote ] | The basic idea behind Mac OS X's Dock is that when you need an | application, you click on its icon on an on-screen bar, and the | application is launched (if it has not been yet) or switched to | (if it has). Stefano Zingarini has borrowed this concept for | KXDocker, a KDE variation of OS X's Dock (which is also usable | with GNOME and other desktop environments). `---- http://applications.linux.com/article.pl?sid=06/12/28/1956207&from=rss Related: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VekgyKQoTeM&NR http://www.youtube.com/wa...

[News] [Linux] Mac OS X Becomes More Like Linux, Exposes Big List of Bugs
More Unix in Apple's Leopard ,----[ Quote ] | Among the new features comprising the Leopard's innards Apple points to | the automounter autofs, with the aid of which the Finder will in future | be able to mount remote file systems asynchronously. A new feature of | interest to both professional developers and interested laymen is | DTrace, borrowed from Sun's Solaris, which permits detailed monitoring | of the performance of programs during run-time. `---- http://www.heise.de/english/newsticker/news/91448/from/rss09 Like all O/Ses, Apple has many problems in Tiger as well. W...

[News] Mainsoft Calls Mono with Linux "Linux 2.0"; Windows Becomes More Like Linux
Starting flag waved for Race to Linux 2.0 ,----[ Quote ] | In a bid to highlight the ease with which applications can be ported | to Linux, the Mono project IBM and Mainsoft will host the 'Race | to Linux 2.0'. `---- http://www.pcpro.co.uk/os/news/106826/starting-flag-waved-for-race-to-linux-20.html Shouldn't this be the other way around? Something like this... Linuxification of an XP desktop ,----[ Quote ] | His case is not the ideal one: keeping Windows for playing specific | games. Some other use cases are more legitimate though: | | * Having a Windows XP desktop at wo...

The Ten Commandments for Linux Distributions. (What Linux is REALLY like!)
Another example of how lame Linux is. This poor guy could easily do all that he listed with one copy of Windows XP yet he needs 5 or more Linux distributions to do the same. The problem with Linux is the old distribution shuffle that is a necessary evil because no distribution can do all that this guy asks, and he isn't asking much. He is wasting so much time switching Linux distributions it's a wonder he has time to do anything else. But that's what Linux is about, wasting time. Linux is free if you don't value your time. http://www.yoper.com/forum2/index.php?showtopic=...

Why I like Linux and why you should , too
(Finally got back to normal; posting through Google is *not* a nice experience!<grin>) Why do I like Linux? Well, it's not just because it's free beer, for a start. Of course, that's a factor. It's nice to get something so useful for the price of magazine, or, as in the case of my old Red Hat 9.0, a book. Get the distro free and pay for the support of the book/mag that tells you how to run it. Very nice. But there's a lot more to it than that. Free beer is an encouragement because you don't have to worry about experimentation - if something screws up, you aren&...

What do you like most about Linux?
Kind of a little survey. Try to ignore the trolls in this thread if you can. What do you like *most* about Linux? (in no particular order) 1. Security, lack of virus and malware worries? 2. Choice, many distributions and desktops? 3. Flexibility, the ability to easily change the look and feel of your distribution? 4. The CLI, powerful and integrated text utilities and applications? 5. Repository, the easy availability of a wide variety of applications and utilities? 6. Open Source, the concept of transparency and co-operation? 7. Freedom, that it's not a part of the Microsoft monopo...

I like Linux but.........
The fonts still looks ugly, even with Vera-fonts and MSTTfonts. chrisv wrote: > On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 13:50:23 +0100, The AntiChrist <cc@cc.cc> wrote: > > >>The fonts still looks ugly, even with Vera-fonts and MSTTfonts. > > > *plonk* > /yuck/ On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 13:50:23 +0100, The AntiChrist <cc@cc.cc> wrote: >The fonts still looks ugly, even with Vera-fonts and MSTTfonts. *plonk* The AntiChrist wrote: > The fonts still looks ugly, even with Vera-fonts and MSTTfonts. Fonts look fine for me. Then again, I'm not a spoiled priss tha...

What I like about Linux
1) It works, I know I can sit at my computer and do what need to be done without any hassles or crashes. 2) Its secure, No email virus, no spyware, no trogans. and I can acess online banking from both he banks I have accounts with knowing that my web browser doesn't bad security history 3) Its customizable, you can choose to go with the ``usual'' PC look with a window manaer like KDE of you can go for something completely personalizable like Fvwm which lets you dictate pretty much everything about how a window looks, I for instance have, as well as the usual buttons...

Liking Linux
Actually, I like Linux. I don't like COLA. tab wrote: > Actually, I like Linux. > I don't like COLA. Then don't drink it. I like most colas but I prefer Dr. Pepper. comp.os.spil wrote: > tab wrote: > > Actually, I like Linux. > > I don't like COLA. > > Then don't drink it. I like most colas but I prefer Dr. Pepper. Dr. Pepper is good. But I can only handle so much caffeine each day. I'm also secure enough in my manhood to admit that I like Fresca. lqualig@uku.co.uk wrote: > comp.os.spil wrote: >> tab wrote: >>> A...

Why I Like Linux
I Realy like Linux, Me. It help me with my adding. I also like the funy, irregular blobs on the screen. My nurse says they are "fonts". But most of all, I like Linux becoz I am too senile to know about "XP". I really wished I cood haved typed this myself, but my nurse saiz that I am not allowd to take my boxing gloves off, becoz I abuze myself too much. Dr. Teddy Cretin, aged 89 1/2 Dr. Cretin wrote: > I Realy like Linux, Me. It help me with my adding. I also like the > funy, irregular blobs on the screen. My nurse says they are "fonts". > But ...

Web resources about - Do you like to read words with no spaces between them? Then you might like Linux - comp.os.linux.advocacy

Obama liking Hillary these days
She's the only one who can protect his legacy.

Google Offers More Details On Ads In AMP, Set To Launch In Search Next Month
Ginny Marvin / Marketing Land : Google Offers More Details On Ads In AMP, Set To Launch In Search Next Month — With more than 20 ad tech vendors ...

Grand Jury Indicts Anti-Abortion Activists, Clears Planned Parenthood
A Houston grand jury investigating undercover videos of Planned Parenthood issued a surprise decision Monday, indicting the founder of the organization ...

Tested: Microsoft’s Windows Defender antivirus is less awful than it used to be
We've all loved to hate Microsoft's free Windows Defender software—it's been so mediocre that it's been considered the baseline metric in third-party ...

Electric cars are going to be allowed to drive in some of England's bus lanes
Electric cars will be allowed to drive in lanes that have previously been reserved for buses and taxis, Wired reports . The change comes as ...

Watch India T20 Cricket Vs. Australia Live Online: Streaming Link, 1st Match Of World Cup Prep Series ...
Fans of the India cricket team will want to watch the first T20 match against Australia streaming live online Tuesday, as their country gets ...

Refurbished Apple TV 4 Now Available on Apple Online Store
Apple has added refurbished Apple TV 4 models to its online store for refurbished products, less than a week after refurbished 12-inch Retina ...

Professor who blocked a student reporter from reporting last year has been charged with assault
https://youtu.be/xRlRAyulN4o Dr. Melissa Click, the University of Missouri professor who blocked a student reporter from reporting on a campus ...

Deadly blasts kill 20 in Syrian city ahead of peace talks
BEIRUT (AP) — Multiple bombings targeted a government-run security checkpoint in the central Syrian city of Homs on Tuesday, killing at least ...

Slow Return to Normal Routines for Cities Hit by Snowstorm
After more than three days with life at a virtual standstill in the nation's capital and elsewhere up and down the East Coast, the cities hit ...