feasible to assume there are buyers for printers that don't support Linux!"

0
nospam2091 (10001)

On 2012-03-28, DFS <nospam@dfs.com> wrote:
> Earlier today you babbled: "If Linux support is absent, hardware vendors
> don't generally have good sales.  Take any printer for example with and
> without Linux support from the same manufacturer.  Its no longer
> feasible to assume there are buyers for printers that don't support Linux!"

    What are the "Windows-only" printers?

    Printers have been cheaper than ink for awhile now. This even includes
the ones that can worth wtih Linux and/or MacOS.

--
   Apple: because you really don't want to take any more video          |||
than your camera can hold. Really.                                     / | \

0
jedi (14754)
3/28/2012 4:55:09 PM
JEDIDIAH wrote:

> On 2012-03-28, DFS <nospam@dfs.com> wrote:
>> Earlier today you babbled: "If Linux support is absent, hardware vendors
>> don't generally have good sales.  Take any printer for example with and
>> without Linux support from the same manufacturer.  Its no longer
>> feasible to assume there are buyers for printers that don't support
>> Linux!"
>
>     What are the "Windows-only" printers?
>
>     Printers have been cheaper than ink for awhile now. This even includes
> the ones that can worth wtih Linux and/or MacOS.

Only the printers which aren't worth being bought.
I buy only heavy duty printers, having 2 children printing lots of stuff for
university, and a wife teaching.
A cheap printer would cost more after just 2 month
On 2012-03-28, Peter Köhlmann <peter-koehlmann@t-online.de> wrote:
> JEDIDIAH wrote:
>
>> On 2012-03-28, DFS <nospam@dfs.com> wrote:
>>> Earlier today you babbled: "If Linux support is absent, hardware vendors
>>> don't generally have good sales.  Take any printer for example with and
>>> without Linux support from the same manufacturer.  Its no longer
>>> feasible to assume there are buyers for printers that don't support
>>> Linux!"
>>
>>     What are the "Windows-only" printers?
>>
>>     Printers have been cheaper than ink for awhile now. This even includes
>> the ones that can worth wtih Linux and/or MacOS.
>>

> Only the printers which aren't worth being bought.
> I buy only heavy duty printers, having 2 children printing lots of stuff for
> university, and a wife teaching.
> A cheap printer would cost more after just 2 month

    Even a lot of the "cheap" printers support Linux just fine.

    My last AIO was cheaper than replacement ink.

--
   Apple: because you really don't want to take any more video          |||
than your camera can hold. Really.                                     / | \

0
jedi (14754)
3/28/2012 5:56:48 PM
On 3/28/2012 12:55 PM, JEDIDIAH wrote:
> On 2012-03-28, DFS<nospam@dfs.com>  wrote:
>> Earlier today you babbled: "If Linux support is absent, hardware vendors
>> don't generally have good sales.  Take any printer for example with and
>> without Linux support from the same manufacturer.  Its no longer
>> feasible to assume there are buyers for printers that don't support Linux!"
>
>      What are the "Windows-only" printers?

Ask your "President".

>      Printers have been cheaper than ink for awhile now. This even includes
> the ones that can worth wtih Linux and/or MacOS.

0
nospam2091 (10001)
3/28/2012 7:29:13 PM
On 3/28/2012 1:56 PM, JEDIDIAH wrote:
> On 2012-03-28, Peter Köhlmann<peter-koehlmann@t-online.de>  wrote:
>> JEDIDIAH wrote:

>>>      What are the "Windows-only" printers?
>>>
>>>      Printers have been cheaper than ink for awhile now. This even includes
>>> the ones that can worth wtih Linux and/or MacOS.
>>>

>> Only the printers which aren't worth being bought.
>> I buy only heavy duty printers, having 2 children printing lots of stuff for
>> university, and a wife teaching.
>> A cheap printer would cost more after just 2 month
>
>      Even a lot of the "cheap" printers support Linux just fine.
>
>      My last AIO was cheaper than replacement ink.

We got a Kodak AIO (ESP3) as a gift a few years ago.  It lasted less
than 100 pages before it quit working.

Meanwhile, they're in bankruptcy reorg:

"Antonio M. Perez, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, stated:
“Today’s agreement is another step towards ensuring that Kodak is
positioned to execute on the goals the Company set out last month:
Bolster our liquidity in the U.S. and abroad, monetize our non-strategic
intellectual property, fairly resolve legacy liabilities, and enable
Kodak to focus on its most valuable business lines.”"

http://www.kodak.com/ek/US/en/Eastman_Kodak_Company_Receives_Court_Approval_of_Completed_Debtor-in-Possession_Financing.htm

0
nospam2091 (10001)
3/28/2012 7:50:59 PM
DFS wrote:

Burson-Marstelar Employee and Fraudster DFS: Do you talk with printer makers
fraud after having posted your crap for your employer Burson-Marsteler.

As a Burson-Marsteler crap employee, you seem to be saying printer makers are
not aware of Linux or that supporting is crucial for getting inventory moving,
The news is they do support Linux through many a hidden ways.
They support it through distros as well as download code.
If they don't support Linux, they can kiss goodbye to all their
printer profits because no one is going to give their printers a second look.

Printer manufacturers know this and support Linux. Burson-Marstelar crap
employees are laughing stock and idiots to the core for not discussing
this with printer makers.

Burson-Marsteler is a cespit of a company represented by trolls like
DFS that don't talk to printer manufacturers but engaging in
trolling anyway.

What a bunch of losers Burson Marstelar employees have become!!

Windows 7 vs. Linux: Hardware Acceleration. Linux Fails Again......
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ay_20ESjixs Linux doesn't seem to be doing too well..... Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaa! -- flatfish+++ Please visit our hall of Linux idiots. http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/ Watching Linux Fail: http://limuxwatch.blogspot.com/ Linux's dismal desktop market share: http://royal.pingdom.com/2011/05/12/the-top-20-strongholds-for-desktop-linux/ Desktop Linux: The Dream Is Dead "By the time Microsoft released the Windows 7 beta in January 2009, Linux had clearly lost its chance at desktop glory." http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/207999/desktop_linux_the_dream_is_dead.html ...

Lowering The Boom on False Linux Advocacy. Was Nvidia. Was Linux vs Windows 7.
Zealots and cults are bad no matter what their cause may be. They do little to further the acceptance of their POV and in fact tend to do harm to the legitimate portions of the cause. All cults and thus the zealots that comprise them are based in some form of truth and reality. The cult of Linux is no different in this matter. One thing about a cult and the cultists themselves is that it is generally trivial for lucid people to expose them for what they really are. In the case of the Linux cult, the misguided people who believe they are edifying Linux are easy to expose. I posted a factual message, backed up by screen shots, demonstrating a defect in Linux, specifically Ubuntu and kUbuntu but not limited to those distributions. The effect was already a known factor and the Linux cultists did not disappoint at all. They swarmed the enemy, me, with their own form of misguided lies, IOW using the Intel driver, or using the Display configuration utility, without even bothering to read the message or look at the screen shots where it was plainly obvious I was not talking about Intel nor did the Display application even recognize that 2 monitors was installed so that was a lost cause. Then we have the "you didn't enable xinerama" as if this has anything to do with the problem. Hint: the nvidia settings program works fine. It just won't parse and properly update the xorg file so the correctly working twinview will not survive a re-boot. This i...

7 N 7. Windows 7 here in 7 days. Goodbye Linux.
Windows 7 will obliterate what scraps of Linux are still left lying around like rotting garbage. The masses will welcome Windows 7 with open wallets and will ignore free Linux desktop even more than in the past, if that is even mathematically possible. You can tell that excitement is in the air over the Windows release because the Linux morons are squealing like stuck pigs. Hopefully this will put desktop Linux out of it's misery and flush the basements of the world of these Linux worshiping vermin. Who knows, maybe sales of soap, the kind used to clean things, will go up? Of course sales of pizza and jolt will go down. Goodbye Linux. We hardly knew ya. Doug Miller wrote: > Windows 7 will obliterate what scraps of Linux are still left lying > around like rotting garbage. The masses will welcome Windows 7 with > open wallets and will ignore free Linux desktop even more than in the > past, if that is even mathematically possible. Well now, you seem to be much more intelligent than the last person (DFS) that I was talking to on this subject, so perhaps *you* would like to give us some figures? In effect, Windows 7 will have been on sale on most new computers (retail) since July (in that most have been sold with a Windows 7 Upgrade option), and no doubt (as you say) people will go out in droves to open their wallets and buy it anyway. Therefore, on 1st December, we should see a very substantial leap in Windows 7 use on (say) NetApplications and statcounter, s...

Windows 7 vs. Linux: Hardware Acceleration: Firefox 4
http://www.youtube.com/user/LiEnucksFAILS#p/f/1/Ay_20ESjixs Same hardware: Intel Core 2 Duo T8300 + GeForce 8600M GT Same browser: Firefox 4.0 [Latest version - fully released] -- Desktop Linux: The Dream Is Dead "By the time Microsoft released the Windows 7 beta in January 2009, Linux had clearly lost its chance at desktop glory." [............] "Ultimately, Linux is doomed on the desktop because of a critical lack of content. And that lack of content owes its existence to two key factors: the fragmentation of the Linux platform, and the fierce ideology of the open-source community at large." http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/207999/desktop_linux_the_dream_is_dead.html "Clog_-_wog (�)" <clog_-_wog@anonimous.eu> schreef in bericht news:isjb0g$evp$1@speranza.aioe.org... > http://www.youtube.com/user/LiEnucksFAILS#p/f/1/Ay_20ESjixs Ooops!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ay_20ESjixs > > Same hardware: Intel Core 2 Duo T8300 + GeForce 8600M GT > Same browser: Firefox 4.0 [Latest version - fully released] > -- > Desktop Linux: The Dream Is Dead > "By the time Microsoft released the Windows 7 beta in January 2009, Linux > had clearly lost its chance at desktop glory." > [............] > "Ultimately, Linux is doomed on the desktop because of a critical lack of > content. And that lack of content owes its existence to two key factors: > the > fragmentation of the Linux platfo...

Windows 7 is the most secure Windows OS.
Windows 7 is the most secure Windows OS Built upon the proven security technologies in Windows Vista. Multiple Active Firewall Policies, DirectAccess, BranchCache, BitLocker To Go, AppLocker, AV from Microsoft Security Essentials With every OS update a new version of the Microsoft malicious software removal tool. As we know, Windows is the most attacked OS, because Windows has 90% ++++ marketshare and Linux scriptkiddies and basementdwellers are known viruswriters! Unix guru Andy Tanenbaum wrote: [q] "most attackers think hitting Windows offers a bigger bang for the buck so Windows simply gets attacked more." [/q] http://lists.virus.org/securecoding-0405/msg00035.html Linux idiots like "7", Pete Kohltard, Roy Schestowitz can't face reality: * Win7 getting aces reviews * Win7 has already 3 to 4 times the amount users than Linux. * Netbooks dumping Linux for Windows XP / Windows 7. * "Advocates" continue to lie through their teeth and make a living with Windows. -- PLEASE VISIT OUR HALL OF LINUX IDIOTS: http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/ Micoshaft Appil asstroturfing fraudster pounding the sock Clogwog wrote on behalf of Half Wits from Micoshaft Appil Department of Marketing: > Windows 7 is the most secure Windows OS > Built upon the proven security technologies in Windows Vista. > Multiple Active Firewall Policies, > DirectAccess, > BranchCache, > BitLocker To Go, > AppLocker, > AV from Microsoft Security ...

How to create a mac-os 7.5.3 installation cd on a Windows / Linux PC ?
Hello ! How to create a mac-os 7.5.3 installation cd on a Windows / Linux PC ? I got for free from the garbage a Performa 5200 with keyboard and mouse PowerPC603, harddisk Quantum TRB850A, cd-rom Matshit ACD-ROM CR-800SA ( SCSI id 3 ) 40 MB RAM , with installed System 8.1, fully functional, but no Apple installation CD_ROM disk, no Ethernet on the Apple ( no Appletalk on the Linux/Windows PC, no modem, no CD recorder. So I can�t use the working 8.1 system to prepare the CD. So to build the system from new, I would like to install System 7.5.3 ( and upgrade to 7.5.5 later ), downloadab...

Another piece of crap Linux liar: "Zorin-OS is tested to be around 4 times faster than Windows 7."
http://www.zorin-os.webs.com/ Where's the beef? Gawd. DFS wrote: > http://www.zorin-os.webs.com/ > > Where's the beef? Gawd. I played with that distro for a few hours. 4 times faster than Win7, my ass. -- Best regards, [tv] Owner, Trollus Amongus LLC U X e dUdX, e dX, cosine, secant, tangent, sine, 3.14159... Tattoo Vampire wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties: > DFS wrote: > >> http://www.zorin-os.webs.com/ >> >> Where's the beef? Gawd. > > I played with that distro for a few hours. 4 times faster than Win7, my ass. DFS is still a piece of crap anti-Linux liar, though. :-D I'm not sure where the 4x claim came from, though. Check out this review: http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/214928/5_reasons_to_try_zorin_os_linux.html It echoes the claim, without qualification. Sounds like K. Noyes is a lot more gullible than DFS is. -- I will not drink! But if I do... I will not get drunk! But if I do... I will not in public! But if I do... I will not fall down! But if I do... I will fall face down so that they cannot see my company badge. On 3/15/2011 6:13 PM, Tattoo Vampire wrote: > DFS wrote: > >> http://www.zorin-os.webs.com/ >> >> Where's the beef? Gawd. > > I played with that distro for a few hours. 4 times faster than Win7, my ass. I sent the "developer" a nasty-gram asking him for proof - like I do when any cola idiot m...

[News] [Linux] Man Chooses Linux Over Mac OS X, Windows
Which OS for Ruby on Rails development? ,----[ Quote ] | I've had experience using Linux servers (no GUIs), so I figured I | could always drop back to the command line if something broke and | I've had to once or twice during installations. But overall I have | been pleasantly surprised at how civil an experience it has been. `---- http://falkayn.blogspot.com/2007/05/which-os-for-ruby-on-rails-development.html ...

Windows 7 vs. Linux: Spreadsheet Performance...See Linux FAIL........
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=875AbZcWoCk Holy SHIT!!!! LIEnux really sucks!! -- flatfish+++ Please visit our hall of Linux idiots. http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/ Watching Linux Fail: http://limuxwatch.blogspot.com/ Linux's dismal desktop market share: http://royal.pingdom.com/2011/05/12/the-top-20-strongholds-for-desktop-linux/ Desktop Linux: The Dream Is Dead "By the time Microsoft released the Windows 7 beta in January 2009, Linux had clearly lost its chance at desktop glory." http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/207999/desktop_linux_the_dream_is_dead.html On 6/3/2011 5:34 PM, flatfish+++ wrote: > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=875AbZcWoCk > > Holy SHIT!!!! > > LIEnux really sucks!! > That's not the dumbest thing I've ever seen, but I would have felt my time was better spent if it had been. I wonder why the author, which I guess is probably you, did not at least use OpenOffice on the windows side? On Fri, 03 Jun 2011 18:37:40 -0500, Grinder wrote: > On 6/3/2011 5:34 PM, flatfish+++ wrote: >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=875AbZcWoCk >> >> Holy SHIT!!!! >> >> LIEnux really sucks!! >> > > That's not the dumbest thing I've ever seen, but I would have felt my > time was better spent if it had been. I wonder why the author, which I > guess is probably you, did not at least use OpenOffice on the windows side? Maybe he didn't feel like waiting ...

os.linux.advocacy
Dear Friend, I have found some great articles at: http://www.familyandtwist.com/ http:www.articlestwist.com/ http://www.downloadstwist.com/ http://www.wallpaperstwist.com/ Read them all. Thanks mahmar07@gmail.com came up with this when s/he headbutted the keyboard a moment ago in comp.os.linux.advocacy: > Dear Friend, > > I have found some great articles at: > <URLs snipped> > Read them all. > > Thanks Not without a summary, I ain't. -- Spanking brand new high end desktop computer: £1700 Spanking brand new colour laser printer/scanner/copier/fax...

dual boot windows + linux: installing windows 7 on first half of disk
Hello, I want to install a dual boot of Windows 7 and Linux on my Sony Vaio Laptop. Below is the output from fdisk. The /dev/sd5 partition has its partition type set to 7 HPFS/NTFS/exFAT using fdisk's t option but actually contains garbage. I need to install Windows in partition /dev/sda5 without messing up everything else. That is, I do not windows to overwrite my Linux partition when installing via the recovery partition installed in /dev/sda1 presumably and when the installation is finished I want to still be able to boot both windows on /dev/sda5 or linux on /dev/sda7. How should I proceed? Device Boot Start End Blocks Id System /dev/sda1 2048 35762175 17880064 27 Hidden NTFS WinRE /dev/sda2 * 35762176 35966975 102400 7 HPFS/NTFS/ exFAT /dev/sda3 35969022 625141759 294586369 5 Extended /dev/sda5 35969024 328935423 146483200 7 HPFS/NTFS/ exFAT /dev/sda6 328937472 340654079 5858304 82 Linux swap / Solaris /dev/sda7 340656128 625141759 142242816 83 Linux Thank you for your help, John Goche On Jun 7, 12:19=A0pm, Nick K <nzane...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello, > > I want to install a dual boot of Windows 7 and Linux on my Sony Vaio > Laptop. > Below is the output from fdisk. The /dev/sd5 partition has its > partition type set > to 7 HPFS/NTFS/exFAT using fdisk's t option but actually co...

Cannot print to Windows 7 shared printer over VPN from Unixware 7.1.4
Hey, I have a home PC running Windows 7 Pro 64bit with a shared printer attached to it. I connect to the office through the Sonicwall Global VPN Client and am able to connect to our office server (running Unix). I have the shared printer configured on the Unix server but cannot print to it through the VPN. It can see my home Windows 7 PC, but cannot establish a connection to print. smbclient -L command shows "session setup failed: NT_STATUS_OK" To troubleshoot I also tried printing from a Windows XP machine at the office, as well as a Windows 7 machine and both worked. I have had...

It may be counted as a Windows 'sale', but it's really a Linux sale.
I've just ordered a new HP 'mini' 5102 netbook for my wifi business. http://www.geek.com/articles/chips/review-hp-mini-5102-netbook-20100430/ Because it comes with a hard disk and vista7 'cripplestarter' edition, these lovely netbooks which have a aluminium lid and body, and a 1366x768 screen, are being dumped at a fraction of their original price, because no one is interested in buying them. I can buy them brand new in Australia for under $500 AUD, including the HP 6 cell battery. The reason I have ordered one is the higher screen resolution, because while my EeePC900 screen of 1024x600 works fine and gets the job done, I'd prefer not to scroll down to read most webpages. Besides, although it stills work like new, my EeePC900 is a couple of years old now and it's time to be handed down to a grandchild after I install Sugar OS on it :) The 5102 Gigabit network port means faster network IPERF testing, and the a,b,g,n mode wifi means more radio capability. Internal Bluetooth is a bonus, for easy cell phone tethering etc. Naturally the microsoft windows OS (including HP’s utilities and trialware, such as Microsoft Office and some registration screens that require your attention) that comes preinstalled on it won't see the light of day as it will be replaced by Linux as soon as I fit the 30Gb OCZ SSD drive I have also purchased for it ($170). This will replace the standard 'windows friendly' power hungry 160Gb 7200r...

Windows 7 finally overtakes Windows XP's desktop OS market share
<quote> Windows 7 finally overtakes Windows XP's desktop OS market share Windows 7 is now used on 31.71% of desktops in the US, while Windows XP has dropped to 31.56%. Now the lead isn't a lot but it does show that Windows XP has finally peaked and is on its way out now. </quote> http://www.ubergizmo.com/2011/04/windows-7-finally-overtakes-windows-xps-desktop-os-market-share/ Ezekiel wrote: > > <quote> > Windows 7 Troll!!!! This is a Linux newsgroup. "7" <email_at_www_at_enemygadgets_dot_com@enemygadgets.com> wrote in message news:8G_np.13723$o81.9536@newsfe28.ams2... > Ezekiel wrote: > > > This is a Linux newsgroup. > And you're a liar and a fraud. Nanobot European Inventor of the Year scumbag. "7" <email_at_www_at_enemygadgets_dot_com@enemygadgets.com> schreef in bericht news:8G_np.13723$o81.9536@newsfe28.ams2... > Ezekiel wrote: > >> >> <quote> >> Windows 7 > > > Troll!!!! > > > This is a Linux *TROLL* newsgroup. > Thanks, you fit into this group excellently!!!!!! Description of comp.os.linux.advocacy (C.O.L.A.), it serves no *useful* purpose. * The purpose of comp.os.linux.advocacy is to serve as a forum for *Microsoft* *bashers* . * comp.os.linux.advocacy is not an advocacy group. * Linux advocacy is off-topic in COLA. * comp.os.linux.advocacy is a *troll* *group*. * *Cola* *loons* ** ensure that their pos...

OEM's convinced
http://www.itbusinessedge.com/blogs/rob/?p=221 <quote> Look at what is surging in the market against Windows Vista and on top of Windows XP; it is the MacOS. Linux isn't moving very well. In fact, in discussions with the OEMs, they are still convinced that most of their Linux-based systems are probably running pirated Windows XP, not Linux. </quote> ** Posted from http://www.teranews.com ** Micoshaft fraudster Ezekiel wrote on behalf of half wits from micoshaft corporation: > Linux-based systems are probably running pirated Windows XP, not Linux. Most Linux ...

Windows and Linux Tips #7
Hi friends, Do u need Windows and Linux Tips? Please visit the following site: http://windowsandlinuxtips.blogspot.com/ ...

Windows and Linux Tips #7
Hi friends, Do u need Windows and Linux Tips? Please visit the following site: http://windowsandlinuxtips.blogspot.com/ ...

[News] Linux, Unlike Windows, Runs Both Linux and Windows Programs

Windows 7 to crush Linux
"....Windows 7 will deliver a crushing blow to both OSX and Linux if the current Beta is a reliable indicator. ....Linux will be consolidated to the server room unless dramatic changes are made." http://comments.cio.com/node/489085#comment-63453 Maybe the Linux "community" could try giving away their software? Oh... they already did that. Well, maybe they could try giving away their source code too? uh... been there done that. Didn't help. How about they just try their basement-bestest to clone the far superior commercial software? Whoops... they did tha...

Enabling a Unix OS in dual boot config with a Windows OS to maintain a valid keytab in Active Directory without invalidating the Windows OS's domain trust relationship
Dear List, This information is aimed at sites for which all of the following apply: - Sites that are using Active Directory as a Kerberos KDC - Sites that have dual-boot configured machines running both a Linux and W= indows based OS with the same hostname - Sites that want to have a working Kerberos keytab on the Linux OS, but w= ithout invalidating the trust relationship between the Windows OS and Activ= e Directory. This problem may be old news or may not apply, but it can be solved with a = few steps: Problem/Background: If a keytab is constructed for the Linux OS (using mskt= util, ktpass etc), the password of the corresponding computer account is re= set in Active Directory in order for client and domain controller(s) to hav= e matching keys. This invalidates the Windows OS's password, which no longe= r matches the one stored in Active Directory. This results in the following= error when attempting to logon to the domain from the Windows OS: 'The trust relationship between this workstation and the primary domain fai= led' A Solution: Configure the Windows OS to use a password which matches that u= sed by the Linux OS (I used the NetJoinDomain function to do this). There i= s an increased security risk, in that the Windows OS can no longer periodic= ally update the key, but developing a custom key renewal system which does = not invalidate either OS's key might be an option. Steps: 1. Login as the local Administrator on the Windows OS 2. Disab...

Why I love Windows 7 and Hate Linux.....
Not me, but this guy. http://tinyurl.com/2frhag8 http://www.zdnet.com/blog/projectfailures/why-i-love-windows-7-hate-linux-and-think-the-mac-is-lame/1235 Let's seed Google a little: "Linux is a conundrum. Sleek and powerful, yet nearly impenetrable for most users, the penguin faces an identity crisis. Some geekier-than-thou proponents use deep knowledge of Linux as a calling card for personal credibility and evidence they have transcended technology heights unavailable to the common man or woman. Then, there�s Ubuntu, where even the name has a special meaning inten...

Mac OS X and Windows printers?
After literally decades of hesitation about leaving the Windows world, I finally took the plunge and bought a MacBook yesterday. Everything is great so far, except for one thing: It appears that I won't be able to print to a fairly expensive Konica-Minolta 2300 color laser printer I bought last year. The printer is currently hanging off a Windows XP machine, and I'm able to print to it from other Windows machines on the same network. The MacBook is even able to "see" the printer's name on the network. But looking at the docs for the printer, it claims to be a strictl...

Comparing Desktop Linux to Windows 7
In my latest blog post "Activity Round up: HACK IN DA B0X" I conclude that Windows 7 is a user hostile environment compared to your typical desktop GNU/Linux distro. [quote] There was a time that Linux was a geek OS, but that is a long time ago. Most of us got a bit tired of the main press "Year of the Linux Desktop" stories. If we are honest we can conclude that Microsoft Windows is the underdog by now. In contrast to Linux, Windows is almost ready for the desktop. Microsoft enthusiasts have been claiming that Windows 7 doesn't require the much criticized reboots. I have no idea where they got this "knowledge" but it simply isn't true. I don't know how many times I had to reboot Windows 7, anyway it was many times. Also the update mechanism in contrast to your typical Desktop Linux distro is quite user hostile and time consuming. Plus the lack of a package manager makes Microsoft Windows a user hostile environment and to be fair, after a couple of updates and installing some software, it became dog slow (within 24 hours). [/quote] http://osg33x.blogspot.com/2011/09/activity-roundup-hack-in-da-b0x.html http://tinyurl.com/3hw77zn All the best, -- |_|0|_| Marti T. van Lin, alias ML2MST |_|_|0| https://linuxcounter.net/user/513040.html |0|0|0| http://www.soundclick.com/martivanlin Marti Van Lin wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties: > In my latest blog post "Activity Round up: HACK IN DA B0...

Web resources about - Fraud 7: which hardware vendors lack sales with Windows-only printers? - comp.os.linux.advocacy

Oculus focuses on developing Rift for Windows only, suspends Mac, Linux work
... that perhaps more than any other device has ignited public interest in virtual reality, will run almost exclusively on well-appointed Windows ...

Boot Camp supports only Windows 8.1 on Apple's new Mac Pro
... 8.1 is not Microsoft's most-popular PC operating system at this point Windows 7 takes that title Apple has decided it should be the only choice ...

The Only Windows 8 Devices That Matter This Year
As the end of the year nears, if you're planning on getting someone you love a Windows 8 machine, look no further than this list. Windows 8 ...

Meet the Aperion Aris, a Windows-only wireless speaker
Aperion Audio's Aris Connected Speaker for Windows is designed to work with Microsoft's "Play To" wireless streaming feature in Windows 7 and ...

Katana License Lifts Windows-only Restriction
... goals of the project. So we changed the license. With the release of Katana 2.0, which will accompany Visual Studio 2013, the Windows-only ...

Epic 4G Touch gets 'experimental' Windows-only root, overclockers and undervolters dance for joy
Since you can't upgrade the GPU or add more RAM to your smartphone, there's really only one way to improve upon an already impressive handset ...

Goodbye, “phone”: Windows-only branding leaks out on a handset
An internal image of a new Microsoft-powered handset shows a Windows logo only; there's no Windows Phone on the device. This makes sense as Microsoft ...

If Only Windows 10 Actually Came With a New Everclear Album
... load of free U2 into everyone's iTunes; the merry band of middle-aged Irish men just aren't cool anymore, man. When Microsoft unveiled Windows ...

Verizon 4G LTE Service Negatives: Only in 38 Cities, USB Only, Windows Only, 5GB Gone in 32 Minutes
... Verizon 4G To Go Live December 5 My fair city was not, unfortunately, among the 38 selected for the initial launch. Verizon Wireless is only ...

Mozilla, Google Irked by IE-Only Windows RT
Mozilla and Google have hit back at Microsoft over what they consider to be restrictive browser settings within the Windows on ARM version of ...