FSF freaks: "Today's action is the beginning of a new FSF campaign around Windows 8..."

http://www.fsf.org/news/activists-trick-or-treat-for-free-software-at-windows-8-launch-event-1

Why don't you weirdos campaign around a bathtub and shaving kit?

0
nospam2091 (10001)

Hey "chrisv" turd, I saw your daughter's new movie today
Starring toe-cheese eating Richard Stallman who "advocates" having sex with young kids. ...

Spamowitz's bullshit on censorious Dietrich's site: "Why Advocacy of Linux Must Not Tolerate Censorship"
http://www.linuxadvocates.com/2013/03/why-advocacy-of-linux-must-not-tolerate.html First off, the owner of this site - Dietrich Schmitz - is a censorious chump who bans people left and right from his Google+ site. Who does he think he's fooling by running such an article? A thousand to one if you post a dissenting comment /anywhere/ on www.linuxadvocates.com., on any article, it will be removed. And the author, Dr. Roy Spamowitz, is a hypocrite fool as well. He bemoans the use of the terms 'trolls' and 'shills', both of which are terms he used hundreds of times here on cola. Today, Spamowitz continues to use 'shills': http://techrights.org/wiki/index.php?title=Special:Search&ns0=1&redirs=1&search=shills&limit=20&offset=0 His use of 'trolls' appears to be limited to 'patent trolls' but not always: http://techrights.org/wiki/index.php?title=Special:Search&limit=20&offset=20&ns0=1&redirs=0&search=trolls Bottom line: a hypocritical article written by a hypocrite and hosted on a site run by a censorious hypocrite. On 3/28/13 6:23 PM, in article kj2qb6$jh2$1@dont-email.me, "DFS" <nospam@dfs.com> wrote: > http://www.linuxadvocates.com/2013/03/why-advocacy-of-linux-must-not-tolerate. > html > > First off, the owner of this site - Dietrich Schmitz - is a censorious > chump who bans people left and right from his Goo...

Linux Kernel Log: What's new in 2.6.29 (and "crappy drivers" from "maintainers of crap"?)
<quote> Scarcely two weeks after the release of Linux 2.6.28, Linus Torvalds has integrated comprehensive changes for kernel version 2.6.29 into the main development branch. As of Friday morning, he had added a whopping 7550 patches that changed 8388 files and included more than 1,061,513 new, changed, or moved, lines of code. Following the integration in 2.6.28 of Greg Kroah-Hartman's staging kernel branch into the Linux main development branch, the self-styled "maintainers of crap" have added numerous additional drivers, in the kernel's staging area, that d...

[News] Microsoft's Anti-Linux (AKA "Unlimited Potential") Starts New FUD Campaign

"What's new " window
When launching Analog Design Environement, how to get rid of the "What's new ..." window ? Depending for which application and version!? ddserv is the Framework I guess, where asimenv is the Analog Environment, layout is what is says. Put these variables in your .cdsnev file and substitute the version strings to the version you are using. ddserv showWhatsNew string "5.1" asimenv showWhatsNew string "5.1.2" layout showWhatsNew string "5.1" Bernd okguy wrote: > When launching Analog Design Environement, how to get rid of the "Wha...

There's "Unix", and then there's "UNIX(r)"
From TOW[1]: The Open Group, an industry standards consortium, now owns the UNIX trademark and allows its use for certified operating systems compliant with its standard, the Single UNIX Specification. Other operating systems that emulate Unix to some extent may be called Unix-like, although the Open Group disapproves of this term.[4] The term Unix is also often used informally to denote any operating system that closely resembles the trademarked system. The most common version of Unix (bearing certification) is Apple's OS X, while Linux is the most popular non-certified workalike. So, to summarize: "Unix" is a class of operating systems that is "UNIX-like", which includes Linux. "UNIX(r)" is a trademark of the Open group, who -- somewhat snootily -- have an issue with the term "UNIX-like". (They can take a flying fsck.) "Cult of Unix" spells "Unix" as "Unix", because otherwise, what would it have to do with Linux? This PSA brought to you by the letter "U" and the number "2". -v Unix minions, unite! On 2/9/14, 1:15 PM, in article ld8nlg$bu7$1@dont-email.me, "vallor" <vallor@cultnix.org> wrote: > From TOW[1]: > > The Open Group, an industry standards consortium, now owns the UNIX > trademark and allows its use for certified operating systems > compliant with its standard, the Single UN...

Is "String s = "abc";" equal to "String s = new String("abc");"?
In my opinion,"String s = "abc";" has only created a reference s not a object."String s= new String("abc");" has created a new object and its reference is s.Is it right?If I'm right,I still have a question.When I can use first one not need the second one? Bruce Sam wrote: > In my opinion,"String s = "abc";" has only created a reference s not a > object."String s= new String("abc");" has created a new object and its > reference is s.Is it right? Not really. Both declare a reference, and while the fi...

PC World - "It's hard to deny the evidence
BAWAWAAA!!!!! GNU/Linux - I hate it already!!! http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/207999-2/desktop_linux_the_dream_is_dead.html October 17, 2010 6:00 PM Desktop Linux: The Dream Is Dead By Robert Strohmeyer, PCWorld End of the Road? It has been a long trek since Linus Torvalds wrote the first Linux kernel as a college project in 1992, and the landscape has shifted considerably along the way. Despite grim prospects on the desktop, Linux has clearly asserted itself as a major platform that's here to stay. And of course, passionate open-source proponents will rightly sta...

Hello Partners, Please find the requirement below. Please send the updated resume along with rate and contact no. REQ#1: Title : Java Developer ( Rating Project) Duration : 6 months Rate : open Location : NY strong java, WebLogic 9.2, Web Services, Oracle REQ#2: Title : Java Developer Duration : 4 months Rate : open Location : NY Strong java, SQL REQ#3: Title : VB.Net Consultant Location : NY Duration : 4 months Rate : open Primarily looking at someone who has Excel, VB.net and Oracle (good to have). Req #4: Title : Java Developer (MSA Project) Duration : 6+ months Rate : open Location : NY Note : Please send your updated resume along with contact no karthik@bhaninfo.com : No phone calls please. Thanks & Regards Karthik BhanInfo karthik@bhaninfo.com ...

[News] Windows Users: "It's Not Me, It's You"
Many net users 'not safety-aware' ,----[ Quote ] | Fewer than half of the UK's 29m adult internet users believe | they are responsible for protecting personal information online, | a survey suggests. `---- http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/6472723.stm Much like people who get disconnected and then try to blame administrators for the viruses that their Windows PCs are spreading across the network. What does TheStreet say? Weekend Reading ,----[ Quote ] | Microsoft's bad week: The company was victimized by identity thieves, | and new data show a continuing search declin...

Linux "Advocacy" at it's Finest !
This reads like it came right out of the COLA Linturd playbook! No wonder desktop Linux is ignored by most. Question: "Why does linux suck so much? cant do nothing in it virtual box is a joke, all the links to install windows shockwave player are dead ends. it is sad that all i want to do is play diner dash and i have to jump through hoops and still nothing works! i refuse to use windows because i have had a lot of problems in the past with it on my computer." Answers (summary): 1. because u dont know what ur doing. 2. If you want to play games, use Windows. 3. Because it has t...

[News] [Rival] "Linux" a Forbidden Word After Microsoft's "Jihad" Against It (Bill Gates' Words)

[News] Interview with the Linux Foundation's New CTO -- "Linux is Huge" (and Growing)
Linux Foundation CTO Markus Rex: Linux 'Now an Accepted Choice' ,----[ Quote ] | Linux is huge, and there are new things coming up that you have to figure out | what to do, whether it's concerning the standard or if it's a good thing for | Linux moving forward. Somehow I have the feeling I will not be bored. `---- http://www.technewsworld.com/story/6U6B8dL7OU52eJ/Linux-Foundation-CTO-Markus-Rex-Linux-Now-an-Accepted-Choice.xhtml Linux is still moving up, up, up. http://www.sutor.com/newsite/blog-open/?p=1767 Related: Linux Foundation names new CTO ,----[ Quote ] | P...

Finder's "copy" and shell's "cp" hang
Weird problem... I have a drive -- which I suspect has physical problems and is therefore the root of the problem -- contain quite a number of my photography. Perhaps a half-year's worth of work. While trying to consolidate and organize all of my photos, I ran into a problem whereby Finder hangs when trying to move certain files. The rotten part is that I can't stop the copy (by hitting the x in the copy progress window). I can't even kill off the process (via term's "killall Finder" or "kill -9 [pid]." Finder just hangs. The only solution that I'...

Why doesn't Python's "robotparser" like Wikipedia's "robots.txt" file?
For some reason, Python's parser for "robots.txt" files doesn't like Wikipedia's "robots.txt" file: >>> import robotparser >>> url = 'http://wikipedia.org/robots.txt' >>> chk = robotparser.RobotFileParser() >>> chk.set_url(url) >>> chk.read() >>> testurl = 'http://wikipedia.org' >>> chk.can_fetch('Mozilla', testurl) False >>> The Wikipedia robots.txt file passes robots.txt validation, and it doesn't disallow unknown browsers. But the Python pars...

To "new" or not to "new" ...
Brand new to C++ and to wxWidgets as well... I'm still on the steep learning curve for both and for some reason it's not clear to me what the advantages/disadvantages to simply instantiating an object or creating a pointer to that new object with the "new" operator. Consider these 2 examples: (1) void Universal::OnToolClick( wxCommandEvent& event ) { wxString bgsString; bgsString = wxGetOsDescription(); wxMessageDialog* dlgbx = new wxMessageDialog(this, bgsString, "Universal", wxYES_NO); if (dlgbx->ShowModal() == wxID_YES) ...

OEM's convinced
http://www.itbusinessedge.com/blogs/rob/?p=221 <quote> Look at what is surging in the market against Windows Vista and on top of Windows XP; it is the MacOS. Linux isn't moving very well. In fact, in discussions with the OEMs, they are still convinced that most of their Linux-based systems are probably running pirated Windows XP, not Linux. </quote> ** Posted from http://www.teranews.com ** Micoshaft fraudster Ezekiel wrote on behalf of half wits from micoshaft corporation: > Linux-based systems are probably running pirated Windows XP, not Linux. Most Linux ...

And today's "well done Linux"
So, my home net is now really cool. Just installed the necessary modules for dynamic clock scaling on my mailserver. Also installed Zabbix for monitoring my systems. The mailserver now clocks at a fraction of the CPU normal speed when its idle (polls for mail every 10 minutes and acts as an ftp server and ssh shell). Zabbix : nice. Much easier than Nagios. This is GOOD OSS. On Mon, 21 Jan 2008 18:01:03 +0100, Hadron wrote: > So, my home net is now really cool. > > Just installed the necessary modules for dynamic clock scaling on my > mailserver. Also installed Zabbix for mo...

Dijkstra's "Enumeration" = "Metrics" his "Abstraction" = "Quality"
"Enumerative reasoning is only an adequate mental tool under the severe boundary condition that we only use it very moderately. We should appreciate abstraction as our main mental technique to reduce the demands made upon enumerative reasoning." ~ EW Dijkstra This is critically decisive because Dijkstra is saying that in most *software engineering" contexts, most of the time, abstraction is key relative to "metrics", the numerical, the quantitative. It is a TOWWWEEERRRING, grand slam "home run". It is of Doug William's 3-4 perfectly pitched Super Bowl touchdowns. It is growth in insight after Dijkstra one of THE very best ran into major impasses attempting to drive development with metrics. His insight is that ABSTRACTION should "lead" the way. While there is the dialectic: metrics<=>abstraction The predominant factor to engage and lead software engineering by is "abstraction". So notation wise better: metrics<=>abstraction* And to denote analyzing or summarizing the dialectic applied in whatever context, from point 'a' to 'b': a,b{ metrics<=>abstraction* Discrete points: a,b; l,q{ metrics<=>abstraction* Have at your own meaningful fun! Elliott -- Global Plans + IID = part of an optimal approach On Wed, 4 Feb 2004 23:36:17 -0500, "Universe" <universe@tAkEcovadOuT.net> wrote: >"Enumerative reasoning is only an adequate mental tool und...

Needed "data processing magazine" also any of same topic are from 50's 60's 70's such as "Datamation", ACM conference proceedings, Early AFIPS, and others.
Needed "data processing magazine" also any of same topic are from 50's 60's 70's such as "Datamation", ACM conference proceedings, Early AFIPS, and others. Also have a requirement for any of the IRE - IEEE publications on early computing. Please advise All eras are fine prefer bound but... loose OK too. address is below. Thanks Ed Sharpe, Archivist for SMECC - - See the Museum's Web Site at www.smecc.org Southwest Museum of Engineering, Communications and Computation Coury House / SMECC Library 5802 W. Palmaire Ave. ...

"Target for Today" & "Thunderbolt": An Awesome WWII Double Feature at Zeno's Drive-In"
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --MS_Mac_OE_3141030824_1311047_MIME_Part Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit The Zeno's Drive-in 6th Anniversary Summer Film Festival Double Feature Stop by Zeno's Warbird Video Drive-In (http://www.zenoswarbirdvideos.com) and catch two awesome World War II aviation flicks. I'm celebrating our 6th anniversary on the 'Net with two of our favorites: the jam packed P-47 featu...

O.T. What's the right forum to ask general purpose linux Q's ==> Like "How do I launch an internet browser from a linux box?"
I am just getting into linux. Sorry for the newbie Q's. But I really do need to stop running back 'n forth between linux & window$ box just to google for something when I need to. I'm ready to make the transition from windoze to linux and need to learn how to do the routine tasks I'm already familiar with in window$ platform. I've been told this is the group for security questions only. I understand that, and will make every effort to air my Q's in the appropriate groups. Thank-you. On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 10:49:36 -0500, MLH wrote: > I am just getti...

What is the equivalent of Python's "%s" % "MyString"?
Hello! I am studying Ruby and have been using Python. I apologize for my negligence not to check out the whole document first. What is the equivalent of the following Python's expressions? s = "My name is %s and my age is %d." % ("Sam", 34) or s = "My name is %(name)s and my age is %(age)d." % {"name": "Sam", "age": 34} or format = "My name is %(name)s and my age is %(age)d." di = {"name": "Sam", "age": 34} s = format % di I know that ruby has "#{name}" expression. But that...

FAQ 1.12 What's the difference between "perl" and "Perl"? #8
This is an excerpt from the latest version perlfaq1.pod, which comes with the standard Perl distribution. These postings aim to reduce the number of repeated questions as well as allow the community to review and update the answers. The latest version of the complete perlfaq is at http://faq.perl.org . -------------------------------------------------------------------- 1.12: What's the difference between "perl" and "Perl"? One bit. Oh, you weren't talking ASCII? :-) Larry now uses "Perl" to signify the language proper and "perl" the ...

Web resources about - FSF freaks: "Today's action is the beginning of a new FSF campaign around Windows 8..." - comp.os.linux.advocacy