HPT, name all the operating systems and apps you use on your job, and the % of time you use them

Or slink away like a cola hypocrite always does.

0
nospam11 (18349)

DFS wrote:

> Or slink away like a cola hypocrite always does.

What is this? An OT SPAM fest?
--
KDE 4.3.1 user
0
On Wed, 16 Sep 2009 15:24:39 +0100, Tony Manco wrote:

> DFS wrote:
>
>> Or slink away like a cola hypocrite always does.
>

> What is this? An OT SPAM fest?

Not yet...

Schestowitz usually arrives in the early evening.
0
moshegoldfarb (3146)
9/16/2009 2:29:28 PM
Tony Manco wrote:

> DFS wrote:
>
>> Or slink away like a cola hypocrite always does.
>

> What is this? An OT SPAM fest?

No.  It's the trolls not getting the number and sort of resposes that they
like on other threads, and now getting desperate for attention.
They don't seem to have twigged yet nobody is *obliged* to respond to them,
and they are feeling hurt.

(sigh).... it wasn't like that before flatfish became a has-been and lost
it.  Those were the days!

0
bbgruff (6628)
9/16/2009 3:19:58 PM
On Wed, 16 Sep 2009 09:58:49 -0400, DFS wrote:

> Or slink away like a cola hypocrite always does.

Unless you do the same, WHY?
0
ray65 (5421)
9/16/2009 3:36:11 PM
On Wed, 16 Sep 2009 16:19:58 +0100, above the shrieking, FUDding & whining
of the trolls bbgruff was heard to say:

> Tony Manco wrote:
>
>> DFS wrote:
>>
>>> Or slink away like a cola hypocrite always does.
>>

>> What is this? An OT SPAM fest?
>
> No.  It's the trolls not getting the number and sort of resposes that they
> like on other threads, and now getting desperate for attention. They don't
> seem to have twigged yet nobody is *obliged* to respond to them, and they
> are feeling hurt.

What the dumb trolls *haven't* yet twigged, is that the reason they get
few responses is because many have binned their drivel.

--
Debian Stable is simply too buggy and backward
and I cant be arsed to manage pinning or selectively

0
wp6972 (18)
9/16/2009 3:45:26 PM
William Poaster wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Sep 2009 16:19:58 +0100, above the shrieking, FUDding & whining
> of the trolls bbgruff was heard to say:
>
>> Tony Manco wrote:

>>> What is this? An OT SPAM fest?
>> No.  It's the trolls not getting the number and sort of resposes that they
>> like on other threads, and now getting desperate for attention. They don't
>> seem to have twigged yet nobody is *obliged* to respond to them, and they
>> are feeling hurt.
>
> What the dumb trolls *haven't* yet twigged, is that the reason they get
> few responses is because many have binned their drivel.
>
>> (sigh).... it wasn't like that before flatfish became a has-been and lost
>> it.  Those were the days!

But yet, this retarded fool responds like the keeper of bullshit COLA's
gate. Does this Linux using old fag fart even have a job is the question?

I am sure the so called Wintrolls don't even want the Linuxllorts --
responders, and you can reverse spell the word, to respond.

They are just taking corrective measures on the remarkable numbers of
lies, deceit and the sensationalized twisted bullshit rag posting that
goes on in here.

I wouldn't trust any one of the COLA regulars here to walk down a dark
alley, because as sure as the Sun comes up everyday, you would surely be
knifed in the back walking down a dark alley with any one of them.
0
Attila4387 (30)
9/16/2009 4:22:06 PM
ray wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Sep 2009 09:58:49 -0400, DFS wrote:
>
>> Or slink away like a cola hypocrite always does.
>
> Unless you do the same, WHY?

I have not seen you in Vista land for awhile you low life sheep.
0
Attila4387 (30)
9/16/2009 4:24:32 PM
On 2009-09-16, the following emerged from the brain of DFS:
> Or slink away like a cola hypocrite always does.

You can have my list:

Workstation 1:
OS: Windows Vista Business edition.
Frequently used appliations: MS Office Word; MS Office Excel;
PowerDVD; Firefox; Wodim; Genisofs; Tcsh; Total Commander; Putty;
Midnight Commander; Perl; FileMaker; Lotus Notes Client; Lotus Notes
Server Administration; Remote Desktop Connection; Dameware. Windows
Command Prompt.

Workstation 2:
OS: Debian Testing.
Frequently used applications: ssh; tcsh; urxvt; VMWare Player; vim.

Workstation 2 is headless. I have the Xming X server running on my
Vista desktop, and tunnel apps from the Debian machine with Putty.

Servers:
OS: Ubuntu / Windows 2003 / Windows 2000.
Frequently used applications: Apache, MySQL server, MySQL client,
Active Directory, Terminal Services, Samba, Bind9.

I happily use Windows and GNU/Linux next to each other at work. I have
no problems with that. Do you?

--
Q:	How many college football players does it take to screw in a light bulb?
A:	Only one, but he gets three credits for it.
TomB wrote:
> On 2009-09-16, the following emerged from the brain of DFS:
>> Or slink away like a cola hypocrite always does.
>
> You can have my list:
>
> Workstation 1:
> OS: Windows Vista Business edition.
> Frequently used appliations: MS Office Word; MS Office Excel;
> PowerDVD; Firefox; Wodim; Genisofs; Tcsh; Total Commander; Putty;
> Midnight Commander; Perl; FileMaker; Lotus Notes Client; Lotus Notes
> Server Administration; Remote Desktop Connection; Dameware. Windows
> Command Prompt.
>
> Workstation 2:
> OS: Debian Testing.
> Frequently used applications: ssh; tcsh; urxvt; VMWare Player; vim.
>
> Workstation 2 is headless. I have the Xming X server running on my
> Vista desktop, and tunnel apps from the Debian machine with Putty.
>
> Servers:
> OS: Ubuntu / Windows 2003 / Windows 2000.
> Frequently used applications: Apache, MySQL server, MySQL client,
> Active Directory, Terminal Services, Samba, Bind9.
>
> I happily use Windows and GNU/Linux next to each other at work. I have
> no problems with that. Do you?

Is this your top secret Star Wars stuff?
0
Attila4387 (30)
9/16/2009 5:20:37 PM
On 2009-09-16, the following emerged from the brain of Attila 'the Smiling COLA Ho':
> TomB wrote:
>> On 2009-09-16, the following emerged from the brain of DFS:
>>> Or slink away like a cola hypocrite always does.
>>
>> You can have my list:
>>
>> Workstation 1:
>> OS: Windows Vista Business edition.
>> Frequently used appliations: MS Office Word; MS Office Excel;
>> PowerDVD; Firefox; Wodim; Genisofs; Tcsh; Total Commander; Putty;
>> Midnight Commander; Perl; FileMaker; Lotus Notes Client; Lotus Notes
>> Server Administration; Remote Desktop Connection; Dameware. Windows
>> Command Prompt.
>>
>> Workstation 2:
>> OS: Debian Testing.
>> Frequently used applications: ssh; tcsh; urxvt; VMWare Player; vim.
>>
>> Workstation 2 is headless. I have the Xming X server running on my
>> Vista desktop, and tunnel apps from the Debian machine with Putty.
>>
>> Servers:
>> OS: Ubuntu / Windows 2003 / Windows 2000.
>> Frequently used applications: Apache, MySQL server, MySQL client,
>> Active Directory, Terminal Services, Samba, Bind9.
>>
>> I happily use Windows and GNU/Linux next to each other at work. I have
>> no problems with that. Do you?
>
> Is this your top secret Star Wars stuff?

Yes. I can control the Millenium Falcon remotely through ssh, and all
my servers have an R2-D2 interface.

--
Q:	Why was Stonehenge abandoned?
A:	It wasn't IBM compatible.
On Wed, 16 Sep 2009 10:29:28 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

> On Wed, 16 Sep 2009 15:24:39 +0100, Tony Manco wrote:
>
>> DFS wrote:
>>
>>> Or slink away like a cola hypocrite always does.
>>

>> What is this? An OT SPAM fest?
>
> Not yet...
>
> Schestowitz usually arrives in the early evening.

You really should get treatment for your obsession.

--
Rick
0
On Wed, 16 Sep 2009 16:19:58 +0100, bbgruff wrote:

> Tony Manco wrote:
>
>> DFS wrote:
>>
>>> Or slink away like a cola hypocrite always does.
>>

>> What is this? An OT SPAM fest?
>
> No.  It's the trolls not getting the number and sort of resposes that
> they like on other threads, and now getting desperate for attention.
> They don't seem to have twigged yet nobody is *obliged* to respond to
> them, and they are feeling hurt.
>
> (sigh).... it wasn't like that before flatfish became a has-been

Yes it was!

> and
> lost it.  Those were the days!

When I started posting here in 1997, flathead was whining about printers
and audio not working under Linux, and he hasn't changed a bit.

Flatfish has always been a has-been.

The only notable troll I recall in all those years was 'Dr Square' and
his excellent Ascii comic strip.

All the other trolls have been as boring as watching grass grow.

--
C.O.L.A Charter:-
"For discussion of the benefits of GNU/Linux compared to other

> On Wed, 16 Sep 2009 16:19:58 +0100, bbgruff wrote:
>
>> Tony Manco wrote:

>>> What is this? An OT SPAM fest?
>>
>> No.  It's the trolls not getting the number and sort of resposes that
>> they like on other threads, and now getting desperate for attention.
>> They don't seem to have twigged yet nobody is *obliged* to respond to
>> them, and they are feeling hurt.
>>
>> (sigh).... it wasn't like that before flatfish became a has-been
>
> Yes it was!
>
>> and
>> lost it.  Those were the days!
>

> When I started posting here in 1997, flathead was whining about printers
> and audio not working under Linux, and he hasn't changed a bit.
>
> Flatfish has always been a has-been.

Jeezus, the troll has been posting that long about the same things? What a
luser.

> The only notable troll I recall in all those years was 'Dr Square' and his
> excellent Ascii comic strip.
>
> All the other trolls have been as boring as watching grass grow.

Yes, I remember Dr Square.

--
Debian Stable is simply too buggy and backward
and I cant be arsed to manage pinning or selectively
monitoring backports.
Hadron- Message-ID: <fr08c1$9e1$2@registered.motzarella.org>

0
wp6972 (18)
9/16/2009 10:12:03 PM
Terry Porter wrote:

> When I started posting here in 1997, flathead was whining about printers
> and audio not working under Linux, and he hasn't changed a bit.

Since 1997? WTH is  going on here? This is some sickness.
0
UTF
9/16/2009 10:48:52 PM
William Poaster wrote:

> On Wed, 16 Sep 2009 16:28:34 -0500, above the shrieking, FUDding &
> whining of the trolls Terry Porter was heard to say:

>>> No.  It's the trolls not getting the number and sort of resposes that
>>> they like on other threads, and now getting desperate for attention.
>>> They don't seem to have twigged yet nobody is *obliged* to respond to
>>> them, and they are feeling hurt.
>>>
>>> (sigh).... it wasn't like that before flatfish became a has-been
>>
>> Yes it was!
>>
>>> and
>>> lost it.  Those were the days!
>>

>> When I started posting here in 1997, flathead was whining about
>> printers and audio not working under Linux, and he hasn't changed a
>> bit.
>>
>> Flatfish has always been a has-been.
>
> Jeezus, the troll has been posting that long about the same things? What
> a luser.
>
>> The only notable troll I recall in all those years was 'Dr Square' and
>> his excellent Ascii comic strip.
>>
>> All the other trolls have been as boring as watching grass grow.
>
> Yes, I remember Dr Square.

It is much better to forget the "dancer on the graves". What an asshole.
He is only surpassed by swine like Snot Michael Glasser or Hadron Snot
Quark
--
Warning: You have moved the mouse.
Windows will reboot now to make the change permanent

Peter K�hlmann wrote:

<snipped>

Superman of Linux K�hlmann aka the Joker, a joke, when are you going to
have a coming out party announcing your first big paycheck using Linux
in any shape, form or fashion?
0
ISO
9/16/2009 11:06:00 PM
On Wed, 16 Sep 2009 18:48:52 -0400, "K�hlmann is 'The Joker\", a
joke." wrote:

> Terry Porter wrote:
>
>> When I started posting here in 1997, flathead was whining about printers
>> and audio not working under Linux, and he hasn't changed a bit.
>>

> Since 1997? WTH is  going on here? This is some sickness.

Yea...

Read the Ubuntu forums and you will see that people are *still*
complaining about getting audio and printing working under
Linux.

Hell, you don't even have to go there.

Just take a look at Roy Schestowitz's chat channel to see how
fscked up Linux audio is.

Right Roy?

DaemonFC	it's almost like a running gag to see free software get
up to 0.99 and stay there for years	Aug 29 02:59
DaemonFC	oiaohm__:  You'll be horrified to see what Ubuntu has
done with Pulseaudio in Karmic development branch	Aug 29 03:01
DaemonFC	they've got it so twisted that VLC can't even recognize
my microphone anymore	Aug 29 03:01
DaemonFC	I was playing around with all the latest alpha/beta
stuff, Mandriva 2010 beta was the closest to a working system
Aug 29 03:03
DaemonFC	but kernel 2.6.31-rc 7 won't boot on my system	Aug 29
03:03
DaemonFC	I'm thinking it's some kind of conflict with Mandriva's
init scripts	Aug 29 03:04
DaemonFC	they really need to just give up and use Upstart if
they're depending on Fedora to maintain their init scripts that
anyway	Aug 29 03:04
DaemonFC	cause Fedora 9 was the last version they were
maintaining them for and it's end of life now	Aug 29 03:05
*oiaohm__ has quit (Remote closed the connection)	Aug 29 03:08
*oiaohm (n=oiaohm@unaffiliated/oiaohm) has joined #boycottnovell
Aug 29 03:08
DaemonFC	in fact I'm certain it's a bug in Mandriva's init
scripts	Aug 29 03:09
oiaohm	DaemonFC: as long as pulseaudio still can be uninstalled
I will not have a problem.	Aug 29 03:09
DaemonFC	because it never even initializes my keyboard, then
hangs instead of starting X	Aug 29 03:09
oiaohm	X11 version.	Aug 29 03:09
oiaohm	Yes 2.6.31 has altered the lower down X11 interfaces.	Aug
29 03:10
DaemonFC	oiaohm: I'm developing an intense dislike of Pulseaudio
Aug 29 03:10
DaemonFC	for a while, it looked like they may have nearly had it
under control	Aug 29 03:10
oiaohm	I have had intense dislike since it started.	Aug 29 03:10
DaemonFC	and now it's exhibiting all kinds of problems again	Aug
29 03:10
oiaohm	Pulseaudio is a return to sound servers.	Aug 29 03:10
oiaohm	Something we really did not need.	Aug 29 03:10
DaemonFC	Esound didn't fix the damned problem	Aug 29 03:10
oiaohm	arts did not either.	Aug 29 03:11
DaemonFC	what makes them think writing something even more
complicated will?	Aug 29 03:11
oiaohm	gstreamer is about the only major up sound system being
worked on that I agree with.	Aug 29 03:11
DaemonFC	I almost prefer the problems that crop up when you're
just using ALSA directly	Aug 29 03:12
DaemonFC	at least you know what to expect	Aug 29 03:12
oiaohm	Alsa problems are predictiable.	Aug 29 03:12
DaemonFC	I dunno, I may try Kubuntu	Aug 29 03:12
DaemonFC	are they having any funny ideas about putting
Pulseaudio in KDE?	Aug 29 03:12
DaemonFC	some distros do that	Aug 29 03:13
DaemonFC	I think they're smoking crack	Aug 29 03:13
DaemonFC	sound system issues vary depending on how your
distribution feels like configuring things, so you get programs
like VLC, which can autodetect damned near any capture device on
Windows or Mac	Aug 29 03:14
DaemonFC	and you're left going down the line in Linux trying
/dev/dsp, /dev/dsp1. /dev/audio, /dev/audio1......	Aug 29 03:15
DaemonFC	while in Windows it shows up "Logitech Webcam"
"Logitech Webcam Microphone", "AverMedia M780 TV Tuner"	Aug 29
03:15
DaemonFC	This "every resource as a file" methodology is a
disease, and quite dated	Aug 29 03:16
DaemonFC	and sometimes you end up with things like Pulseaudio
which don't operate within the established system so that no
device you try to capture will work	Aug 29 03:17
DaemonFC	because Pulseaudio will be having a continuous lock on
the device	Aug 29 03:18
DaemonFC	and VLC does not support the way Pulseaudio is
redirecting the stream	Aug 29 03:18
DaemonFC	oiaohm: I'd really like to find whoever designed
Pulseaudio and give them a piece of my mind	Aug 29 03:18
DaemonFC	it is some crazy shit	Aug 29 03:18
DaemonFC	At least the Windows sound mixer can choose sane
defaults, supports hotplugging, and if you *do* have to dictate
a device to capture from or send to, it's labeled in English and
the devices don't conflict	Aug 29 03:21
DaemonFC	and the Windows mixer actually properly supports
bypassing it should the need arise	Aug 29 03:21
DaemonFC	pasuspend does not always work	Aug 29 03:21
DaemonFC	in the area of sound servers and sound mixing, the
Linux people really screwed the pooch	Aug 29 05:39
DaemonFC	VLC on FreeBSD can figure out what devices are in my
system, VLC on Windows and Mac can figure it out too, VLC on
Linux becomes fill in the blanks	Aug 29 05:40
oiaohm	char device in user space will allow some of the sound
redesigned	Aug 29 05:41
DaemonFC	I think the real problem in Linux is that there are so
many approaches to solve a problem that every distribution
figures something like this out for itself	Aug 29 05:42
DaemonFC	and they all end up with different bugs	Aug 29 05:42
DaemonFC	I really am not huge on ALSA	Aug 29 05:42
DaemonFC	OSS can emulate ALSA anyway and it's what every other
POSIX system is using	Aug 29 05:44
oiaohm	all sound devices are char devices.	Aug 29 05:45
DaemonFC	I've never ran into conflicts using OSS	Aug 29 05:45
oiaohm	Future will get interesting with cuse allowing char
devices to be user space.	Aug 29 05:45
DaemonFC	the way I see it, Pulseaudio seems to be a userspace
service that is covering up a lot of ALSA shortcomings	Aug 29
05:45
DaemonFC	I would just totally ditch ALSA and go back to OSS if
it were my call	Aug 29 05:46
oiaohm	Pulseaudio is a repeat.	Aug 29 05:46
oiaohm	Pulseaudio wants to infect every platform including BSD.
Aug 29 05:46
DaemonFC	ALSA is like a bad pancake	Aug 29 05:46
DaemonFC	Pulseaudio turns that into a short stack of bad
pancakes	Aug 29 05:47
oiaohm	ALSA could have done the sound mixing Pulseaudio does.
Aug 29 05:47
DaemonFC	and you have people that keep wanting to layer more bad
pancakes in the form of Pulseaudio plugins	Aug 29 05:47
DaemonFC	it's really mind boggling	Aug 29 05:47
oiaohm	Basically we have 2 levels doing the same crap.	Aug 29
05:47
oiaohm	Ie alsa and Pulseaudio	Aug 29 05:47
oiaohm	So you have conflit hell.	Aug 29 05:47
DaemonFC	I'm pretty sure OSS does that already	Aug 29 05:47
DaemonFC	so why replace OSS when they did it right there the
first time?	Aug 29 05:48
oiaohm	OSS and ALSA are both direct hardware layers.	Aug 29
05:48
oiaohm	ALSA has real-time audio support.	Aug 29 05:48
oiaohm	Something OSS lacked when ALSA was designed.	Aug 29 05:48
DaemonFC	so isntead of helping to fix OSS, they just built ALSA
from scratch independently?	Aug 29 05:49
DaemonFC	sounds like a pretty backwards way to solve a problem
Aug 29 05:49
oiaohm	OSS still cannot do short window real-time.	Aug 29 05:49
oiaohm	Its a api issue.	Aug 29 05:49
DaemonFC	cause FreeBSD seems to be humming right along	Aug 29
05:49
DaemonFC	while Linux/ALSA gives you a dozen different problems
Aug 29 05:49
oiaohm	Lot of ALSA problems have come from stacking.	Aug 29
05:50
DaemonFC	ideally I would think that they should put a mixer
right into ALSA	Aug 29 05:50
oiaohm	Jack and Pulse trying to pretend to be ALSA devices.	Aug
29 05:50
oiaohm	There is a mixer in ALSA	Aug 29 05:51
DaemonFC	and forget about all this fancy stream redirecting crap
Aug 29 05:51
oiaohm	dmix	Aug 29 05:51
oiaohm	ALSA can do fancy stream redirecting crap.	Aug 29 05:51
oiaohm	Only feature pulse has that alsa does not is per
application sound.	Aug 29 05:51
oiaohm	Only reason AlSA does not have that is no one has
bothered updating alsa mixer.	Aug 29 05:51
DaemonFC	that's built right into the Windows Mixer	Aug 29 05:51
DaemonFC	I guess I don't see the point in duplicated effort	Aug
29 05:53
DaemonFC	Linux developers must go buy a new car every time
someone door dings the one they have	Aug 29 05:53
DaemonFC	that seems to be the kind of thinking behind their
sound system work	Aug 29 05:53
DaemonFC	really the only reason I was trying to get VLC to
stream is because Flash is pretty much shot on Linux	Aug 29
05:55
DaemonFC	it's good enough for Youtube-like sites and that's
about it, someone at Justin.tv developed a program that could
stream to their service in conjunction with VLC	Aug 29 05:55
DaemonFC	tells you what they think about the prospects of Flash
improving	Aug 29 05:56
oiaohm	pulseaudio is not just targeted at Linux.	Aug 29 05:57
oiaohm	Some of the pulseaudio guys were trying to work out how
to embed into windows.	Aug 29 05:58
DaemonFC	to hell with that	Aug 29 05:58
DaemonFC	thank god they can't slap that shit into Windows too
Aug 29 05:59
oiaohm	The proto type redirect windows sound into pulseaudio	Aug
29 05:59
oiaohm	So stuffing windows the same way as linux.	Aug 29 05:59
DaemonFC	and the people over at FreeBSD haven't lost their
damned minds either	Aug 29 05:59
oiaohm	Sound server guys threw history think sound servers are
the cure.	Aug 29 05:59
oiaohm	For all sound problems.	Aug 29 05:59
DaemonFC	oiaohm: The one in Windows seems to work alright	Aug 29
06:00
DaemonFC	I don't get glitching, cut outs, or conflicts	Aug 29
06:00
oiaohm	Windows has a kernel level real-time mode that audio uses
to avoid glitching.	Aug 29 06:00
oiaohm	Real-time branch required to be merged before a sound
server stood a chance of working.	Aug 29 06:01
DaemonFC	well, Linux has too many problems when you use the full
set of real time patches	Aug 29 06:01
oiaohm	The full set still has some hacks.	Aug 29 06:02
DaemonFC	and Torvalds seems to like to scare away the few people
that even bother to work out the mangled spaghetti code that
depends on kernel locking	Aug 29 06:02
oiaohm	for real-time to merge everythign has to be correctly
implemented.	Aug 29 06:02
oiaohm	Each Linux kernel has less kernel locking.	Aug 29 06:02
oiaohm	Locking issues have to be cured step by step.	Aug 29
06:03
oiaohm	If you had been following Linux kernel development you
would know the spaghetti of locks is disappearing.	Aug 29 06:04
DaemonFC	yeah, a lot of these problems have been caused by code
that made sense 10 years ago when it was trying to solve a
different set of problems, is how it seems	Aug 29 06:04
oiaohm	No	Aug 29 06:04
oiaohm	The locking problems was caused by people not
understanding what they were using when coding drivers.	Aug 29
06:04
oiaohm	Issue is when it wrong is very hard to fix and keep the
house of cards standing.	Aug 29 06:05
DaemonFC	I laughed my ass off when SCO submitted a few files
they accused Torvalds of stealing	Aug 29 06:05
DaemonFC	and his rebuttal	Aug 29 06:05
oiaohm	The locking issue never really made sence.	Aug 29 06:06
oiaohm	1 lock for everything system wide.	Aug 29 06:06
oiaohm	Is kinda insane.	Aug 29 06:06
DaemonFC	it was to the effect of " this file is the obvious
implementation.....and that file is so bad I'm almost ashamed to
have written it way back then"	Aug 29 06:06

http://boycottnovell.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/irc-log-29082009.html
0
moshegoldfarb (3146)
9/17/2009 12:01:19 AM
TomB wrote:
> brain of Attila 'the Smiling COLA Ho':
>> TomB wrote:
>>> brain of DFS:

Pfffffttt!

[quote]
Name: dfs (affectionately known as DooFus / DuFus)

Traits:

    * Racist
    * Habitual liar
    * Microsoft apologist

Quotes:

If it weren't for Windows, you wouldn't be posting anything right
now.

http://tinyurl.com/39l89u
[/quote]

http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/2007/01/dfs-troll.html

>>> You can have my list:
>>>
>>> Workstation 1: OS: Windows Vista Business edition.
>>> Frequently used appliations: MS Office Word; MS Office
>>> Excel; PowerDVD; Firefox; Wodim; Genisofs; Tcsh; Total
>>> Commander; Putty; Midnight Commander; Perl; FileMaker;
>>> Lotus Notes Client; Lotus Notes Server Administration;
>>> Remote Desktop Connection; Dameware. Windows Command
>>> Prompt.
>>>
>>> Workstation 2: OS: Debian Testing. Frequently used
>>> applications: ssh; tcsh; urxvt; VMWare Player; vim.
>>>
>>> Workstation 2 is headless. I have the Xming X server
>>> running on my Vista desktop, and tunnel apps from the
>>> Debian machine with Putty.
>>>
>>> Servers: OS: Ubuntu / Windows 2003 / Windows 2000.
>>> Frequently used applications: Apache, MySQL server, MySQL
>>> client, Active Directory, Terminal Services, Samba, Bind9.
>>>
>>> I happily use Windows and GNU/Linux next to each other at
>>> work. I have no problems with that. Do you?
>>
>> Is this your top secret Star Wars stuff?
>
> Yes. I can control the Millenium Falcon remotely through ssh,
> and all my servers have an R2-D2 interface.

Me too!  Me too!

As a Force-sensitive Motorcyclist, I am a warrior, a master
hunter, an exceptional musician, and an agent of the New Linux
Republic. A native of Tribe Ubuntu village on the Forest Moon of
Debian, named after a Torvalds deity, and am a devout follower of
the way of the Open Source Spirits.

I am an avid fighter against the gripping power of the Monopoly
Death Star, and am strongly opposed to the evil of DFS Vader.

Your taunting breath has no power over me, for the Force of FOSS
is with me!  I beckon Obiwan [H]omer, Marti Yoda and Luke
Schestowitz to bring DFS' evil empire to an end!

--
HPT
High Plains Thumper wrote:

> Me too!  Me too!

No one asked HPT aka High Balls Howdy Doody anything. Why it went into
Howdy Doody mode is a mystery.
0
UTF
9/17/2009 2:16:22 AM
On Wed, 16 Sep 2009 22:16:22 -0400, "K�hlmann is 'The Joker\", a
joke." wrote:

> High Plains Thumper wrote:
>
>> Me too!  Me too!
>
> No one asked HPT aka High Balls Howdy Doody anything. Why it went into
> Howdy Doody mode is a mystery.

HPT is a total screwball.
He belongs in an institution under heavy sedation where they can
monitor and try and help him.
0
moshegoldfarb (3146)
9/17/2009 2:21:36 AM
William Poaster wrote:

>Terry Porter was heard to say:
>>
>> The only notable troll I recall in all those years was 'Dr Square' and his
>> excellent Ascii comic strip.
>>
>> All the other trolls have been as boring as watching grass grow.
>
>Yes, I remember Dr Square.

He was a POS.

0
chrisv (22840)
9/17/2009 12:42:05 PM
Peter K�hlmann wrote:

>William Poaster wrote:
>>
>> Yes, I remember Dr Square.
>
>It is much better to forget the "dancer on the graves". What an asshole.
>He is only surpassed by swine like Snot Michael Glasser or Hadron Snot
>Quark

Right.  I can't forgive some total asshole just because they posted a
couple of admittedly clever and well-done text-art stories.  He was a
racist, a liar, and a newsgroup flooder who, at one point, was
replying to literally every post in here.

0
chrisv (22840)
9/17/2009 2:23:41 PM
After takin' a swig o' grog, chrisv belched out
  this bit o' wisdom:

> Peter K?hlmann wrote:
>
>>William Poaster wrote:
>>>
>>> Yes, I remember Dr Square.
>>
>>It is much better to forget the "dancer on the graves". What an asshole.
>>He is only surpassed by swine like Snot Michael Glasser or Hadron Snot
>>Quark
>
> Right.  I can't forgive some total asshole just because they posted a
> couple of admittedly clever and well-done text-art stories.  He was a
> racist, a liar, and a newsgroup flooder who, at one point, was
> replying to literally every post in here.

Now there's a familiar story!

--
Q:	What do you say to a New Yorker with a job?
A:	Big Mac, fries and a Coke, please!
On Thu, 17 Sep 2009 09:23:41 -0500, chrisv wrote:

> Peter Köhlmann wrote:
>
>>William Poaster wrote:
>>>
>>> Yes, I remember Dr Square.
>>
>>It is much better to forget the "dancer on the graves". What an asshole.
>>He is only surpassed by swine like Snot Michael Glasser or Hadron Snot
>>Quark
>
> Right.  I can't forgive some total asshole just because they posted a
> couple of admittedly clever and well-done text-art stories.  He was a
> racist, a liar, and a newsgroup flooder who, at one point, was replying
> to literally every post in here.

I didn't suggest anyone forgive or even like Dr Square. He was the best
of a bad bunch of trolls only because of his Ascii comic strip, imho.

Other than that, he was just a troll.

--
C.O.L.A Charter:-
"For discussion of the benefits of GNU/Linux compared to other
operating systems."
0
linux-2 (2716)
9/17/2009 10:28:15 PM
On Thu, 17 Sep 2009 17:28:15 -0500, Terry Porter wrote:

> I didn't suggest anyone forgive or even like Dr Square. He was the best
> of a bad bunch of trolls only because of his Ascii comic strip, imho.
>
> Other than that, he was just a troll.

You left out the part where DrSquare would make you look like an
ass, Terry Porter.

Not that you need any help.
0
moshegoldfarb (3146)
9/17/2009 10:31:11 PM
Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

> On Thu, 17 Sep 2009 17:28:15 -0500, Terry Porter wrote:
>

>> I didn't suggest anyone forgive or even like Dr Square. He was the best
>> of a bad bunch of trolls only because of his Ascii comic strip, imho.
>>
>> Other than that, he was just a troll.
>
> You left out the part where DrSquare would make you look like an
> ass, Terry Porter.

Except that he never did. His "dancing on the graves" was just telling. It
showed exactly to what depths you wintrolls will stoop

> Not that you need any help.

Against drsquare? Nobody would need any against that swine
--
Support bacteria -- it's the only culture some people have!

Spamowitz, name all the operating systems and apps you use on your job, and the % of time you use them
Or slink away like a cola hypocrite always does. "DFS" <nospam@dfs_.com> wrote in message news:h8qqse$skj$1@aioe.org... > Or slink away like a cola hypocrite always does. > > I think that the conventional wisdom here says that he does not have a job and is therefore sponging off his parents and using Mr. Kent's ISP, although that may be out of date. On Wed, 16 Sep 2009 10:04:49 -0400, amicus_curious wrote: > "DFS" <nospam@dfs_.com> wrote in message news:h8qqse$skj$1@aioe.org... >> Or slink away like a cola hypocrite always does. >> >> > I think that the conventional wisdom here says that he does not have a job > and is therefore sponging off his parents and using Mr. Kent's ISP, although > that may be out of date. He doesn't have a job, unless you call SPAMMING 24x7 a job. He sponges off Manchester University for his ISP connection and he sponges off Mark Kent's server for his USENET connections. Bottom line: Roy Schestowitz is a professional sponge.... "Moshe Goldfarb" <moshegoldfarb@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:h8qrk1$k16$1@news.eternal-september.org... > On Wed, 16 Sep 2009 10:04:49 -0400, amicus_curious wrote: > >> "DFS" <nospam@dfs_.com> wrote in message news:h8qqse$skj$1@aioe.org... >>> Or slink away like a cola hypocrite always does. >>> >>> >> I think that the conventional wisdom here ...

7, name all the operating systems and apps you use on your job, and the % of time you use them
Or slink away like a cola hypocrite always does. On Wed, 16 Sep 2009 09:58:29 -0400, DFS wrote: > Or slink away like a cola hypocrite always does. Unless you do the same - WHY? Micoshaft Appil asstroturfing fraudster pounding the sock DFS wrote on behalf of Half Wits from Micoshaft Appil Department of Marketing: > Or slink away like a cola hypocrite always does. Its Cobol you utter small weenie corporation worshipper. Google (a Linux company) share trading bigger than Micoshaft Corporation ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Average $1.6 billion worth of shares trade in Google every day. Micoshaft just around $1.5 billion. What happened? Do micoshaft share holders all now come with a small pepe? Google seems to keep one larger than a canoe in their trousers! Is this the end of micoshaft? There is no hope for micoshaft to catch Google with share trading volume. Micoshaft will crumble. In terms of trading volume and popularity, google is bigger and more popular with millionairs, banks and trading houses. Sheevaplug - pure Linux geek juice!!! ------------------------------------- http://www.marvell.com/products/embedded_processors/developer/kirkwood/sheevaplug.jsp Not very often you get a high end distro like Ubuntu 9.04 and a cheap embedded Linux developer system that is also capable of running a high end distro. The $99 Sheevaplug is very much it. You get a mains adapter size box with a plug to plug into...

when to use == and when to use is
I know this question has been answered: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6570371/when-to-use-and-when-to-use-is , but I still have doubts. Consider the following code: class A: def __init__(self, a): self._a = a #def __eq__(self, other): # return self._a != other._a obj_0 = A(0) obj_1 = A(1) obj_2 = A(2) obj = obj_1 if obj == obj_0: print(0) elif obj == obj_1: print(1) elif obj == obj_2: print(2) if obj is obj_0: print(0) elif obj is obj_1: print(1) elif obj is obj_2: print(2) Both if statements wo...

Why I use Linux over competing operating systems
Why I use Linux over competing operating systems ------------------------------------------------ The biggest reason I use Linux is that it is quite simply geeky. You can do anything. You can't call yourself a geek and seriously not know Linux inside out. In today's geek world, you got to know your C/C++, you got to know your GUI design packages, you got to know your apache servers, you got to know penetration tools, you got to know your TCP/IP, you got to know your database packages, you got to know your virtual machines, you got to know how to compile from sources, you got to know your command like the back of your hand, you got to be able to script, you got to know all your liveCDs, to got to be able to traverse formats, you got to know all your disk commands, you got to know your HTML editing, and you can't be held to ransom by lesser competing operating systems. Linux is the only complete package that delivers on all these fronts. The competing OSes like windopws and appil is simply not geek. There is so much gunk between you and your computer if Micoshaft or Appil is used which is easily overcome with Linux. So much so, that once you tried it, you can't go back to using toy OSen. On Saturday, October 6, 2012 5:22:23 PM UTC-4, 7 wrote: > Why I use Linux over competing operating systems > > ------------------------------------------------ > > > > The biggest reason I use Linux is tha...

Using using
I want to plot column 2 against col. 1, but subtract a constant from col. 2. I tried, in a test script, plot 'test.dat' using 1:($2 + 1) w p pt 7 but gnuplot complains Warning: empty y range [1:1], adjusting to [0.99:1.01] although the data file contains 1 1 2 2 3 3 4 4 5 5 What am I doing wrong? I read this in the manual: plot 'file' using 1:($2+$3) "%1f,%1f,%1f" which led me to use the above. I assume the format stuff is not needed. If I am doing this wrong, how do I modify a given column to be plotted arithmetically? -- Dieter Britz Am 22.08.2013 16:24, schrieb Dieter Britz: > I want to plot column 2 against col. 1, but subtract > a constant from col. 2. I tried, in a test script, > > plot 'test.dat' using 1:($2 + 1) w p pt 7 > > but gnuplot complains > > Warning: empty y range [1:1], adjusting to [0.99:1.01] > > although the data file contains > > 1 1 > 2 2 > 3 3 > 4 4 > 5 5 > You´ve set an xrange that ends between one and two. On Thu, 22 Aug 2013 17:46:37 +0200, Karl wrote: > Am 22.08.2013 16:24, schrieb Dieter Britz: >> I want to plot column 2 against col. 1, but subtract a constant from >> col. 2. I tried, in a test script, >> >> plot 'test.dat' using 1:($2 + 1) w p pt 7 >> >> but gnuplot complains >> >> Warning: empty y range [1:1], adjus...

multicpu bzip2 using os.system or queue using python script
I want to quickly bzip2 compress several hundred gigabytes of data using my 8 core , 16 GB ram workstation. Currently I am using a simple python script to compress a whole directory tree using bzip2 and a system call coupled to an os.walk call. I see that the bzip2 only uses a single cpu while the other cpus remain relatively idle. I am a newbie in queue and threaded processes . But I am wondering how I can implement this such that I can have four bzip2 running threads (actually I guess os.system threads ), each using probably their own cpu , that deplete files from a queue as th...

Operating system group names using Java
Hi, can any one help me to find the list of Operating system group names in a unix m/c using Java. Is there any way to do it?? On 19 Apr 2006 01:23:01 -0700, akhila <akhila.ragunadhan@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > can any one help me to find the list of Operating system group names > in a unix m/c using Java. Is there any way to do it?? > I don't know Java, but: awk -F: '{print $1}' /etc/group -- <zpx> it's amazing how "not-broken" debian is compared to slack and rh On 2006-04-19, akhila <akhila.ragunadhan@gmail.com> wrote:...

Using full development system on customized test setup that normally uses run-time
I have 8.2 Full Development System (2 copies as there are two of us&nbsp; who write code). &nbsp; I develop testing systems, each on an individual computer, each customized with a custom built (by me) interface to test and measure perfomance of motors produced on the production line. &nbsp; In order to modify the program and test it, I have to replace the production set-up computer with my developmental computer, make the changes (and check that they work)&nbsp;and then make the run-time version for the production computer.&nbsp; THEN switch computers.&nbsp; Since I hav...

[News] VoIP Startup Uses Linux; Truphone Uses Linux
Mobile Phones VoIP services start-up uses Open-Source Technology ,----[ Quote ] | Recently, I came across a start-up company offering VoIP services for | mobile phones. Apparently, they have built the service using almost | exclusively open-source technology, such as Asterisk PBX, Debian | GNU/Linux and MySQL. `---- http://lxer.com/module/newswire/view/85666/index.html There's also this one: ,----[ Quote ] | Truphone is the world's first software only network operator - the few | pieces of hardware we need we buy online from the same well-known | manufacturers as everyone else. No...

Linux is used by 38.1% of all the websites whose operating system we know.
http://w3techs.com/technologies/details/os-linux/all/all On 8/3/14, 3:11 PM, in article csyDv.153057$Jg.93268@fx06.iad, "Nobody" <nobody@invalid.com> wrote: > > http://w3techs.com/technologies/details/os-linux/all/all Thanks. I would have guessed higher. Linux is a great solution for web hosting. -- * Mint MATE: Trash, Panel, Menu: <http://youtu.be/C0y74FIf7uE> * Mint KDE bugs or Easter eggs? <http://youtu.be/CU-whJQvtfA> * Mint KDE working with folders: <http://youtu.be/7C9nvniOoE0> * Mint KDE creating files: &...

(U//FOUO) DHS-FBI Bulletin: Threats to Mobile Devices Using the (Linux) Android Operating System
The U.S. Investigation FBI has partnered with the Department of Homeland Security issued a warning to various government which lets you know that millions of (Linux) Android users use unsafe versions, which eventually can also come in the workplace. The warning is intended for police, fire, emergency services and security personnel. http://publicintelligence.net/dhs-fbi-android-threats/ (U//FOUO) (Linux) Android is the world's most widely used mobile operating system (OS) and continues to be a primary target for malware attacks due to its market share and open source architecture. Industry reporting indicates 44 percent of Android users are still using versions 2.3.3 through 2.3.7-known as Gingerbread-which were released in 2011 and have a number of security vulnerabilities that were fixed in later versions. The growing use of mobile devices by federal, state, and local authorities makes it more important than ever to keep mobile OS patched and up-to-date. The following are some known security threats to mobile OS and mitigation steps. BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAH!! The FBI says Linux is fucked, but....but lying assholes like Kohlkopf, Lusertec and the president assclown of COLA "7" said it's not. Such stupidity by these so called "advocates" , you can't make this up! -- Major Linux Problems on the Desktop or Why Linux is not (yet) Ready for the Desktop, 2013 edition http://bit.ly/gBOiz6 Cached here: <http:/...

[News] "Nearly 5% of computer users worldwide use Linux as an operating system on their computers."

After 10 years using Linux, victim says it finally feels like a "proper operating system"
"I've been using Linux for over a decade now, and even though I've always enjoyed it (even when things not working got pretty annoying and time-consuming), with this latest release it really feels like a bona-fide proper operating system." #1163 at http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1465548&page=117 10 years? MS is totally - and this time they mean it - doomed. On 10-07-02 8:42 AM, in article i0ktsh$hqg$2@news.eternal-september.org, "DFS" <nospam@dfs_.com> wrote: > "I've been using Linux for over a decade now, and ...

After create a Program with Lab VIEW using Windows based software; Is it possible to interface this program with Linux based operating system?
Hi, I am trying to use Lab VIEW (Windows based operating system) to program my application. After that this has to be interface with a Linux based operating system. Is this possible? Or I need to create my programme with Linux based Lab VIEW software? Second thing is I want to programme a multi task application (Temperature sensing- ambient and human body using normal temperature sensor and infrared temperature sensor respectively, Humidity, Fire and smoke detection using respective sensor, Image processing using a 360� camera-attached speaker and m...

Unable to use Linux FDISK to migrate entire Linux system
I am having this same problem. I have a dell D600 and am trying to put RH7.3 on it. Install goes off without a hitch, including setting the /boot (hda1 which is 128MB) file system type to linux (83). After going through the install CDs it reboots only to find "Missing io.sys" at the prompt. When I boot from the RH7.3 disk "linux rescue", then check using fdisk; the boot partition is set back to FAT! I even tried what I though would overwrite the MBR dd if=/dev/null of=/dev/hda count=1 size=512 got back 0bytes in 0byes out. Then reload the entire RH7.3 Dell...

Just When I Was Getting Used To Using Using
I have a class Packet that contains a nested class Payload and an enumeration: struct Packet { struct Payload { } ; } ; I had gotten into the habit of writing: using Packet::Payload; so I could write: Payload::..blah.. instead of Packet::Payload::..blah I have done this... (gulp) in many, many .cpp files. I tried out the new Visual C++ Express compiler from you-know-who on my source code and got 1000's of error messages: ...\Packet\Packet.cpp(13) : error C2885: 'Packet::Payload': not a valid using-declaration at non-class scope What does the standard say? Is this really illegal as Microsoft says? And if it is illegal, what is the rationale behind making it so? Reference: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms177253.aspx -Le Chaud Lapin- [ See http://www.gotw.ca/resources/clcm.htm for info about ] [ comp.lang.c++.moderated. First time posters: Do this! ] On 26 Nov 2005 10:06:23 -0500, "Le Chaud Lapin" <unoriginal_username@yahoo.com> wrote: >I have a class Packet that contains a nested class Payload and an >enumeration: > >struct Packet >{ > struct Payload > { > } ; >} ; > >I had gotten into the habit of writing: > >using Packet::Payload; > >so I could write: > >Payload::..blah.. > >instead of > >Packet::Payload::..blah > >I have done this... (gulp) in many, many .cpp files. > >I tried out the new Visual C++ Express compil...

[News] Second Life Uses 2,000 Debian Linux Servers; The Film 300 Used Linux
Inside Second Life's Data Centers ,----[ Quote ] | Second Life runs on 2,000 Intel and AMD servers in two co-location | facilities in San Francisco and Dallas. The company has a commitment | to open source, with servers running Debian Linux and the MySQL | database. Linden Lab chose Debian Linux because the software is | suited to scaling massively with a small IT staff, said Linden | Lab CTO Cory Ondrejka. `---- http://informationweek.com/news/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=197800179 Trivia for 300 (2006) ,----[ Quote ] | The filmmakers prefer Macintosh, but large portions of the movie...

when use ID and when use NAME in a HTML tag ??
I am confused, when use ID and when use NAME to identify an element in HTML ? Ton den Hartog -- Computer museum tonh: http://www.tonh.net - 10.000 visitors !! GGGallery website generator: http://www.tonh.net/gggallery Vrij Kunst Centrum : http://www.meesterschap.nu Ton den Hartog wrote: > I am confused, when use ID and when use NAME to identify an element in HTML > ? Well, check the HTML 4 specification http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/ and if you have further questions ask in a newsgroup about HTML. The id attribute is defined on (nearly) all elements and needs to be unique in th...

system call using gzip or using rubyzip?
How do I duplicate this gzip -f call in Ruby? require 'rubygems' require 'zip/zip' require 'ftools' File.makedirs("devlogs_zipped") \ or raise StandardError, "Make dir failed to ~aevrlog/devlogs_zipped!" if ( array1.length >= 1 ) array1.each { |file| if (File.size?(file) > FSIZE) countr+=1 File.copy(file, "#{file}.#{countr}") File.move("#{file}.#{countr}","/cygdrive/c/temp/log/devlogs_zipped") `gzip -f "/cygdrive/c/temp/log/devlogs_zipped/#{fi...

Is it possible to use entries to YOUT at a previous time to evaluate f(t,y) at the current time using ODE solvers?
L.S. My quenstion is whether it is possible to obtain values of YOUT which are already computed by an ODE solver at t(k-1), and make them available to odefun at t(k) (in order to be able to evaluate y' at t(k) much cheaper)? Note that YOUT, odefun and y' in this question correspond to the terminology used in ODE133 help info. Kind Regards, Koen Lemaire "Koen " <koen.lemaire@gmail.com> wrote in message news:irouqa$t5t$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com... > L.S. > My quenstion is whether it is possible to obtain values of YOUT which are > already computed by an ODE...

YOU IDIOTS ARE A NG FULL OF YOU LINUX USING STUPID HOME USERS. IT'S THE TRUTH AS YOU ALL LIE THROUGH YOUR LYING LINUX USING TEETH.
CHASE! ;-) WEB server ...

using system ACE for generic app data storage
I have a V4FX12 application that could potentially benefit from having Gbytes of ROM data storage easily changeable through a CF card, so the system ACE CF thing looks sort of interesting. We are trying to put together SW on a ML403 board based on xilkernel and the lwip ethernet stack. I am wondering how hard it would be to give the app access to a big table of data on the CF card. Maybe I'm not looking in the right place, but I've seen no example designs or drivers for accessing the system ACE short of MontaVista Linux. I've read the white paper and system ACE FAQ and skim...

Linux..the easy to use OS.
Today children, we'll look at installing a DVD player... > >Thanks for the tip. But I'm getting this problem: > > >$ emerge xine-ui > >Calculating dependencies \ > >emerge: there are no masked or unmasked ebuilds to satisfy > > ">=net-ftp/curl-7.10.2". > > >!!! Error calculating dependencies. Please correct. > > >Turns out I have curl installed, but it is in net-misc, not net-ftp. > Whoa there ... That problem was supposedly fixed sometime back in April. > When did you last 'emerge sync', and from what m...

When to use postgreSQL , when to use other
We are using Oracle and mySQL for web-applications I'm planing to use postgresql also. Maybe we will also use Cach`e . Does anyone using an other database-engines than postgresql also? What are your decision criterias to choose which db-engine for a certain project? e.g. less/more than x records in database , less/more than x select/DML-Staements per second reliablity, backup, replication... ---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 9: the planner will ignore your desire to choose an index scan if your joining column's ...

Web resources about - HPT, name all the operating systems and apps you use on your job, and the % of time you use them - comp.os.linux.advocacy

File:Operating system placement.svg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This file contains additional information, probably added from the digital camera or scanner used to create or digitize it.If the file has been ...

Air India operating longest women-staffed flight for International Women's Day
To mark International Women's Day, India's state airline Air India is operating what it claims to be the world's longest flight staffed only ...

Air India operating longest women-staffed flight for International Women's Day
To mark International Women's Day, India's state airline Air India is operating what it claims to be the world's longest flight staffed only ...

Suspended driver faces charge of illegally operating taxi
A driver who was allegedly illegally operating a taxi in Melbourne's CBD early in the morning has been charged.

WhatsApp Pulling Support for Older Devices, Operating Systems
... very different from today. The Apple iTunes App Store was only a few months old. About 70 percent of smartphones sold at the time had operating ...

Transform Windows 10 into the operating system it should be
Windows 10 is a decent operating system, but there are a lot of niggles with it that I find frustrating, and I know I’m not alone in this. I’m ...

The funny way that Google celebrated the launch of one of its Android operating systems
... who doesn't like KitKat" chocolate bars. Of course, that's not a surprising stance for the guy behind the name of Google's Android 4.4 operating ...

House votes to extend FAA operating authority to mid-July
WASHINGTON (AP) — The House voted Monday to extend the Federal Aviation Administration's operating authority through mid-July while Congress ...

Robot Rondo Crashes Operating System, Earns Bizarre Back-To-Back Delay Of Game Fouls
The Oklahoma City Thunder grabbed two technical foul free throws with 1.2 seconds left in the half at Sacramento tonight when Rajon Rondo found ...

Tesla Motors, Inc. Earnings: Demand Is Robust, Operating Cash Flow Jumps
Here are the key points behind Tesla's fourth-quarter earnings report.