I don't mind Linux. It's the fan club I can't stand.

Linux: A sheer waste of processing time.

0
anathema (196)

On Thu, 09 Feb 2006 23:42:08 -0500, Ana Thema wrote:

> Linux: A sheer waste of processing time.

Ana Thema ... a witch in search of batteries...

--
Rick
<http://ricks-place.tripod.com/sound/2cents.wav>

0
trollfeed (965)
2/10/2006 5:52:26 AM
In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Ana Thema
<anathema@gmail.net>
 wrote
<o96ou15hrlhepdpdr7pkbefq3ep4e31ve1@ax4.com>:
> Linux: A sheer waste of processing time.

Well of course it is; everyone should just use Windows instead.
The occasional hangs, glitches, and crashes are more than
compensated for by the molasses-slow performance on my 1 GB
box, though in all fairness part of that might simply be the
indexing for later FASTFIND.EXE searches by the brown puppydoggy.
But I'd have to look.

And of course the vendor lockin is nothing to worry about, especially
if Bill Gates decided that he's had enough of commercial dominance
and decides that it's far more profitable to follow in Halliburton's
or Enron's footsteps.

But I think BG is going to work on the commercial dominance thing a
bit more before he jumps into politics; one place he's *not* a
monopoly -- yet -- is the commercial HDTV market.  The vision I am
guessing he has could be summed up:

   "Microsoft: Your One-Stop-Shop for All Your Media Needs."

I have a dream: that one day this nation will be served by
a monopolistic video supplier who will make everyone happy and
give them the first hit for free.

I have a dream: that one day the live video will be served up
by this supplier, and that everywhere there is a camera, watching
you.

I have a dream: the powers-that-be will dictate your every thought
and action.

Somebody, please, wake me up...

:-)

(with apologies to MLK, who had a far better dream:
http://www.americanrhetoric.com/speeches/Ihaveadream.htm)

#191, ewill3@earthlink.net
It's still legal to go .sigless.
0