I was right again!!!

I predicted after the launch of Windows 8 that the operating system
would flop in a tremendous way and that it would lead to the ouster of
both Sinofsky and Ballmer. Sinofsky left shortly after
the release of Windows 8. Ballmer just today announced his departure.
That makes my predictions 3 out of 3!!

Next year I predict we will see a sizable number of Windows XP users
defect to Linux as M$ stops supporting the OS. Some people have
suggested that M$ will keep supporting XP just to prevent Linux from
establishing a beachhead on the desktop. I however, predict that they
will make the (wrong) gamble that XP users will buy a new computer with
Windows 8.2 (yes, I'm predicting a further point upgrade of Windows 8
too). After 30% of desktop users have switched to Linux the company will
be in a death throe, quickly spiraling out of control.

I'm gonna enjoy watching the demise of MicroShaft!!

Choosing the right OS between Mac OS X, Linux dist, Win
Hi Guys, I have a 4 year old Dell Inspiron 5100 P4-2.8 GHz (1.25 GB RAM, 40GB HDD). Its been running fine with some heating problems, and a few fresh installations of win-xp needed. Now, I have a need to buy a second laptop (it has to be a laptop since I am moving place to place every few months). Thats when I hit the question.. What to buy... Well, before anything else, I should mention my intended usage of the system... - Running software like - Oracle 10g Server, - Oracle Warehouse Builder - Some ETL tools... - some shell programming - some perl programming - lots of...

os.linux.advocacy
Dear Friend, I have found some great articles at: http://www.familyandtwist.com/ http:www.articlestwist.com/ http://www.downloadstwist.com/ http://www.wallpaperstwist.com/ Read them all. Thanks mahmar07@gmail.com came up with this when s/he headbutted the keyboard a moment ago in comp.os.linux.advocacy: > Dear Friend, > > I have found some great articles at: > <URLs snipped> > Read them all. > > Thanks Not without a summary, I ain't. -- Spanking brand new high end desktop computer: £1700 Spanking brand new colour laser printer/scanner/copier/fax...

Linux, Linux, Linux

the new computer -os-linux+advocacy in 2008
gwedfw edhklsc jfdh fefgh n http://www.freewebs.com/thuiss/ http://indianfriendfinder.com/go/g924418-pmem ...

New Alt group
Due to incredible amount of troll activity in comp.os.linux.advocacy usenet group, I think that the creation of alt.os.linux.advocacy would benefit Linux by providing a further avenue for people to troll in. What do you think? -- DrSquare: Linux Advocate (In Retirement) You may email me if you want, but don't expect a nice reply, especially the Bailo. drsquare@NOSPAM.hotmail.co.uk Remove NOSPAM, obviously. Reg. Linux User 387713, http://counter.li.org/ ----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure Usenet News==---- http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service i...

linux
fact is that linux is insecure by design. Linux - I hate it already!!!! Linux kernel vulnerability coughs up superuser rights By Ryan Naraine | October 21, 2010, 7:06am PDT The open-source Linux operating system contains a serious security flaw that can be exploited to gain superuser rights on a target system. The vulnerability, in the Linux implementation of the Reliable Datagram Sockets (RDS) protocol, affects unpatched versions of the Linux kernel, starting from 2.6.30, where the RDS protocol was first included. http://www.zdnet.com/blog/security/linux-kernel-vulnerability-coughs-...

Alt.OS.LINUX post of mine from year 2000 right on the money
I amaze myself. Look at the below post from early 2000. Except for the tiny error in the price of Microsoft (it's closer to $30 than the $300 I predicted), I'm pretty much right on the money for the rest of the post. Indeed, hardware and software go hand in hand, and faster and faster hardware allowed Windows OS to become even better and better. RL Ray Lopez More options Feb 24 2000, 1:00 am Technically you are right, but in fact Windows 2000, once it conquers the server market, will be sold to consumers. Intel's Pentium III and other hardware advances will allow MSFT's a...

Linux: demoted to rightful place as the desktop "Play OS"
Someone relates the truth about Linux: http://www.informationweek.com/news/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=201000451 Full post: "96RT10 commented on Jul 11, 2007 12:55:33 PM After using Ubuntu exclusively for a few months, I don't think it's as "ready" as everyone would make you think. I tried to love it, I think it's better than Vista, but it's still not as good as XP, in my opinion. My biggest problem was drivers. Installing a driver in XP takes a few minutes to download, then just run an exe. In Linux, you have a download, then you have to run ten other c...

The right criticisms for the right OS (and/or its users)
I'm sure everyone will agree that Windows 7 flat-out rocks. No? Well, get a life, then. But yeah, Vista was the Windows Me of NT- based OSes, and now they're quickly putting XP out to pasture, when it's still the most widely used OS, and those are fair criticisms of Microsoft. (Then again, in Vista's case, they would have at some point had to release it - and it never would've gotten good enough until after it was released. That's unfortunately part of the game they were playing, but it was worth it to get past the initial rewrite, and achieve Win7. The NT/2000/XP ...

Windows / OSX Advocacy vs Linux Advocacy
Windows or OSX advocate: I did some testing and comparison between Windows and Linux and Linux just does not seem to be performing up to the same level as Windows or OSX. Here are my benchmarks. Here are some videos showing the differences. Here are some screen shots showing inconsistencies with Linux compared to Windows or OSX. Can someone show me Linux software that can perform xyorz as well as the Windows or OSX software can? Linux advocate: Your benchmarks are faked. Your screenshots are photo-shopped. Why would anyone need to perform xyorz? I can do all of that as well w...

No Problem'o, DooFuS. I can blame it all on the Linux Mint TEXT size being = too small on my 19 inch monitor. As Moi was saying... I tried two more additional downloads of elementary OS Linux. Both of them= likewise failed. While they could have been discriminating against Moi for his ZERO contribu= tion, I will be damned if I am going to PAY GOOD money for something when t= here is no guarantee that the stupid DOWNLOAD wont fail, JUST TO FIND OUT t= hat it WONT work at all on my computer hardware, let alone whether OR NOT i= t will actually do what is being claimed. Moi has NEVER experienced a download problem with Linux Mint. From what I have seen, elementary OS Linux is a scam, much like those Windo= ws come ons that claim that they can fix your computer problems merely by m= ucking with the Windows Registry. The Linux World should disown elementary OS Linux for being the Scam that i= t is. Or, can any phony distro claim to be Linux? Yeah, where are the Linu= x police? On 7/8/2015 8:22 AM, John Gohde wrote: > No Problem'o, DooFuS. I can blame it all on the Linux Mint TEXT size > being too small on my 19 inch monitor. I blame it on your small cerebrum. > The Linux World should disown elementary OS Linux for being the Scam > that it is. Or, can any phony distro claim to be Linux? Yeah, where > are the Linux police? The Linux police are outside your door right now. I'm not kidding. Look out...

[News] Mobile Linux Runs Palm OS Applications; New 3G Linux Phones; Open Linux Phone Made More Attractive
Mobile Linux running Palm OS apps demoed ,----[ Quote ] | Access hopes ALP and its Eclipse-based Developer Suite will | provide a long-awaited forward migration path for the many | thousands of "Garnet OS" (recently renamed from "Palm OS") | applications developed throughout the decades since "Palm-Pilot" | first became a household word, in the 1980s. `---- http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS2968683379.html Linux powers pair of 3G dual-mode phones ,----[ Quote ] | MontaVista says its device-oriented Linux operating system was | used in two new 3G business smartphones from Italian handset | designer Enteos. `---- http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS9710475530.html Open Linux developer phone opens up more ,----[ Quote ] | Trolltech has loosened key licensing restrictions on its | user-modifiable Linux-based mobile phone for open source software | developers. Users of the Greenphone will no longer be restricted to | running Qtopia software on the device, nor to using the device only | in its supplied hardware/software configuration. `---- http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS4872069549.html Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com> espoused: > Mobile Linux running Palm OS apps demoed > > ,----[ Quote ] >| Access hopes ALP and its Eclipse-based Developer Suite will >| provide a long-awaited forward migration path for the many >| thousands of "Garnet OS" (recently renamed from "Palm OS") >| a...

[News] [Linux] Walkthroughs of Sidux (Linux) and Nexenta OS
Nexenta OS Alpha 7 Screenshot Tour ,----[ Quote ] | Nexenta OS (elatte) Alpha 7 is now available. Release Highlights: | OpenSolaris & NWS build 61 (non-debug); installer - new | partitioning wizard, installer log (via F3), usabilityf | ixes, built-in driver availability detection... `---- http://osdir.com/Article9845.phtml sidux 2007-02 Preview 1 Screenshot Tour ,----[ Quote ] | What's on the menu: Debian sid, up to date as of 2007-05-13; kernel | 2.6.21.1 (SMP, voluntary preemption, mac80211); minimal, but fully | functional KDE 3.5.6 (en + de); completely overhauled early boot | sequence; largely adapted installer and graphical installer | front-end; enhanced installer for meta tasks; new artwork;o | ffline manual... `---- http://osdir.com/Article9846.phtml Related: Sidux: A live CD for Debian unstable ,----[ Quote ] | It's a rare distribution that impresses me before I've even tried it, | but sidux did just that when, a few hours after I'd downloaded and | burned a two-day-old preview release, the project announced that the | next release was available for download. `---- http://distrocenter.linux.com/distrocenter/07/02/28/1017239.shtml?tid=127 SIDUX 2007-01 Linux LiveCD ,----[ Quote ] | Screenshots gallery `---- http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=655&num=1 Testdriving Sidux 2007 ,----[ Quote ] | Sidux ships with a 2.6.20 kernel, Xorg 7.1.1, gcc 4.1.2, and KDE | 3.5.5. Iceweasel 2.0.0.1 appears to be the default...

ROX Linux and ROX on OS X and arm linux
Hi I've just just done some searches on Google for ROX linux, and ROX on other platforms. I've not managed to find anything. Is ROX available for OS X? Is ROX available for Acorn\Iyonix Arm linux? Did ROX Linux ever come to anything? I was a member of the mailing list a while ago, it started off interesting and then seemed to go off on a tangent then it all went quiet. It seemed like an excellent idea, a linux distro structured like RISC OS. It would have been an ideal compliment to a RISC OS system, same UI but different set of applications (probably not quite so consiste...

[News] Tips for Linux Advocacy (from Linux-hostile Site)

[News] [Linux] Linux Has Advantage in the Mobile OS World
How Linux morphed from a server to a mobile OS ,----[ Quote ] | When evaluating Linux as a possible OS candidate, it is important to | remember that the Linux "model" for mobile devices is horizontal. That | is, Linux is not presented as a vertically integrated top to bottom | solution for a mobile device supplied by one vendor. | | It's a sharp contrast to the other OS suppliers such as Microsoft | with Windows Mobile, Symbian and PalmSource. These suppliers | support a highly integrated software stack, incorporating not | only an OS but also extensive middleware and applicati...

OT: linux, FC5 (having trouble with alt.os.linux)
I apologize profusely for posting this topic to this newsgroup but either I'm having trouble with alt.os.linux (going on a few days now) or it's having trouble and I don't know which it is (maybe some one else knows). I figured someone here would be knowledgeable enough to help me and/or let me know if my posting problems are mine or the newsgroups (BTW, I've posted from my work and home without luck but they may both use the same ISP). Well, if you've read this far...here's my (attempted?) post to the other group: Topic: shutdown broadcast not showing up for us...

Is Linux right for you?
Pretty good article on the subject ... ~~ How do you know if you are a potential candidate to become a Linux user? It's this simple: What's the first app you fire up after booting into your system? If you said 'browser', then you are a potential Linux user. Gone are the days when the operating system used to be the primary component of your computing. Today, the browser has taken center stage and is the gateway to the highway of information. Whether you are shopping from Amazon.com, connecting with friends through social networking, dealing with clients over...

linux os
how do i implement device driver in linux????????? On Mar 11, 5:04 pm, pri <velhalpr...@gmail.com> wrote: > how do i implement device driver in linux????????? Linux distributions include all the commonly required drivers. For example a modern distribution will install with complete success on a common garden Dell or HP or Compaq etc P4 desktop without any bother whereas trying to install Windows XP requires a hunt for drivers, even one for the ethernet socket. The main exceptions are where device makers have not provided information to enable Linux drivers to be written. Hardware...

linux os
Hi all, is anyone actually running Radius server? Is it difficult to set it up? T ...

How-To...Linux Advocacy...
This is a new How-To WRT Linux advocacy. 1. Never admit Linux's faults. Learn to LIE for LIEnux. If you can't come up with a good lie, then ignore the post and don't refute it. 2. Blame the user. 3. Blame hardware. Ignore replies where the person claims the same hardware works fine with Windows. 4. Blame Microsoft. Everyone hates Microsoft so this is usually a good tactic. 5. Pull the distribution dance. If the person has problems with Mandriva (and who hasn't?) suggest Ubuntu etc.... You have 500+ different excuses so you can really run the table with this one. Keep the o...

right linux
Can someone please advise me. I'm looking to buy a pc with linux pre-installed. I don't know which brand of linux to go for. What I'm looking for is a linux that comes with a perl interpreter and c/c++ compiler pre-loaded, so that I won't have to pay more later. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. nick wrote: > Can someone please advise me. I'm looking to buy a pc with linux > pre-installed. That's difficult. There aren't many vendors which sell such systems. Which are appropriate to you would depend somewhat on you geographical loca...

[News] [Linux] More Speculations About a Google OS Based on GNU/Linux
Google admits that it is going after Microsoft Office... Is Windows next? ,----[ Quote ] | So that brings us to the obvious question: What about the operating | system? There have been rumors for years about a Google PC and/or | Google OS that was based on Linux and aimed at providing a simple, | intuitive desktop for the masses. Naturally, that Google PC would | primarily be an Internet terminal that features Google's online | applications. `---- http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/hiner/?p=465 Still getting slapped for spyware (Dell) and news aggregators... Google stands firm behind N...

Is Linux right for me?
Is Linux right for me? I am looking into buying some form of old, beaten-up PC for a couple of bucks, and were wondering if there would be any point too installing Linux. I probably will (attempt) to anyway, simply because it looks cool and I can impress my friends and relatives by having knowledge of something. I've looked at the Slackware site and the installation process doesn't seem to trying. I mostly use my computer for: Word processing (school assignments and so forth), rudimentary programming (Currently Pascal (because I can). I assume Linux will give me some motivation to lea...

Web resources about - I was right again!!! - comp.os.linux.advocacy

Google's DeepMind AI will take on a Go champ tomorrow night
Google's DeepMind AI is already the first computerized system to best a champion Go player, and you can watch its next big game in less than ...

DOJ appeals New York court order in favor of Apple
The U.S. Department of Justice has appealed an order by a court in New York that turned down its request that Apple should be compelled to extract ...

Mac ransomware caught before large number of computers infected
(Reuters) – The first known ransomware attack on Apple Mac computers, which was discovered over the weekend , was downloaded more than 6,000 ...

Hum Writing First New Music In 18 Years
Although Illinois space-rock heroes Hum haven't released any new music since 1998's Downward Is Heavenward, they've continued to perform together ...

Kim Kardashian Divorce: Stress Of Her $1 Billion Split With Kanye West Is Reportedly Taking A Toll On ...
Kim Kardashian is reportedly nearing a very costly divorce from husband Kanye West, and rumors indicate that it’s taking quite the toll on the ...

Militant attack in Tunisia may signal further spread of Islamic State
Los Angeles Times Militant attack in Tunisia may signal further spread of Islamic State Los Angeles Times Clashes in Tunisia near the border ...

Google Project Fi free to join, but will seem expensive outside USA
Project Fi, the Google mobile phone service, no longer needs an invitation to join. And in an aggressive pricing move, Google is slashing the ...

Sharapova confirms failed drug test, sanction uncertain
The former world number one from Russia said a change in the World Anti-Doping Agency's banned list for 2016 led to an inadvertent violation, ...

Microsoft ends work on 'Fable Legends' video game
Microsoft on Monday announced it has stopped work on the long-delayed "Fable Legends" action video game and is mulling the closure of the British-based ...

EU's Tusk says 'days of irregular migration to Europe are over'
European Union chief Donald Tusk said on Tuesday "the days of irregular migration to Europe are over" following an EU-Turkey summit aimed at ...