ipod: I can mount but I can't sync

Hi, I can use my 4g Ipod with my home computer running Suse 9.1
Now I have to use it on a different pc (notebook asus) running suse
9.1
Here's my problem: I can mount it but I can't sync using gtkpod.
When I try to sync I get this error message:

Error renaming '/media/ipod/iPod_Control/iTunes/Play Counts' to
'/media/ipod/iPod_Control/iTunes/Play Counts.bak' (No such file or
directory).
Hashed file is 0 bytes long
Aborted writing of extended info.
I also have problem using ipod as hard disk. I can't add new data in
it and I can't copy data from it
What can I do?
Thank you
best regards
Topper

On Tuesday 25 January 2005 16:22, Topper Harley <ilgrandecocomero@gmail.com>
(<2149a21a.0501251522.5bc9a72e@posting.google.com>) wrote:

> Hi, I can use my 4g Ipod with my home computer running Suse 9.1
> Now I have to use it on a different pc (notebook asus) running suse
> 9.1
> Here's my problem: I can mount it but I can't sync using gtkpod.
> When I try to sync I get this error message:

On the computer where your iPod works, there is a directory: ~/.gtkpod.
Have you tried copying its contents to the "notebook asus"?

> Error renaming '/media/ipod/iPod_Control/iTunes/Play Counts' to
> '/media/ipod/iPod_Control/iTunes/Play Counts.bak' (No such file or
> directory).
> [...]
>
> I also have problem using ipod as hard disk. I can't add new data in
> it and I can't copy data from it

It sounds like your iPod isn't mounted.  Do you have an entry in /etc/fstab
that's at all similar to:

  /dev/ipod /media/ipod vfat rw,user,gid=1004,noauto 0

Have you tried telling gtkpod to mount the iPod automatically?  Can you
mount the iPod manually?
0
hamilcar2 (2912)