Javascript

Recently, I have had the role of being the Javascript guru at work.

You know, one peeve I have about COLA is that it seems too oriented
around client applications, when the the majority of the world is about
Web applications.

We talk about OO -- but javascript has always been there.

As has DOM, and DHTML.

A web developer is a fully OO programmer.

0
ten (51)

In article <5%LCb.2953$Pg1.2136@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net>
John Bailo <ten@lnilhtrea.oliabaj> wrote:

>Recently, I have had the role of being the Javascript guru at work.

For single man garage business, you sure have.

0
bogus6948 (285)
12/14/2003 1:46:53 AM
Fearing a spontaneous XP reboot, John Bailo mumbled this incantation:

> Recently, I have had the role of being the Javascript guru at work.
>
> You know, one peeve I have about COLA is that it seems too oriented
> around client applications, when the the majority of the world is about
> Web applications.
>
> We talk about OO -- but javascript has always been there.
>
> As has DOM, and DHTML.
>
> A web developer is a fully OO programmer.

Ho-hum.

Every developer thinks his own domain is all-important, and knows little
about other domains.

--
No, I won't fix your Windows computer!
0
Lin�nut wrote:

> Ho-hum.
>
> Every developer thinks his own domain is all-important, and knows little
> about other domains.

Much in the same way you explore your own asshole with your finger and
it gives you such pleasure, yet others are repelled.

0
ten3800 (148)
12/14/2003 4:27:36 AM
Fearing a spontaneous XP reboot, John Bailo mumbled this incantation:

> Lin�nut wrote:
>
>> Ho-hum.
>>
>> Every developer thinks his own domain is all-important, and knows little
>> about other domains.
>
> Much in the same way you explore your own asshole with your finger and
> it gives you such pleasure, yet others are repelled.

Whatever.  If it pleases you to be a public jerk, so be it.  I have no
control over what *you* do.

Feeling a little insecure?

--
No, I won't fix your Windows computer!
0
iso
12/14/2003 1:42:43 PM
Lin�nutlin�nut wrote:

> Every developer thinks his own domain is all-important, and knows little
> about other domains.

I'm no programmer but I regard JavaScript as little better than a cancer
upon the Internet. It does lots of harm and very little good.

I've had it disabled for a couple of years now, and I don't miss it. First
I disabled it in Windows for security and to kill pop ups, but even now
that I use Linux my attitude is why enable some slimy webmaster to run
programs on my computer? For those sites that won't work without
JaveScript, I just find another site with the same content that doesn't
need it.

--
Tony Sivori

0
WORMS (80)
12/14/2003 4:15:32 PM
On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 01:46:53 GMT, bogus@invalid.tld wrote:
> In article <5%LCb.2953$Pg1.2136@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net>
> John Bailo <ten@lnilhtrea.oliabaj> wrote:
>
>>Recently, I have had the role of being the Javascript guru at work.
>

> For single man garage business, you sure have.

BBBBUUUUURRRRRRNNNNNNN!

Mod parent up.

--
FreeBSD 4.8-RELEASE i386
 1:40PM  up 23 days, 15:51, 1 user, load averages: 0.07, 0.03, 0.00
General Protection Fault wrote:
> On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 01:46:53 GMT, bogus@invalid.tld wrote:
>
>>In article <5%LCb.2953$Pg1.2136@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net>
>>John Bailo <ten@lnilhtrea.oliabaj> wrote:
>>

>>>Recently, I have had the role of being the Javascript guru at work.
>>

>>For single man garage business, you sure have.
>

> BBBBUUUUURRRRRRNNNNNNN!

Yeah, that was sound of your sister's leather straps when I rode her in
my garage.

ZZZZZIIINNGGGG !!!!!!!

> Mod parent up.

0
ten3800 (148)
12/14/2003 7:57:14 PM
On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 19:57:14 GMT, ten@knilhtrae.oliabaj wrote:
> General Protection Fault wrote:
>> On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 01:46:53 GMT, bogus@invalid.tld wrote:

>>>For single man garage business, you sure have.
>>

>> BBBBUUUUURRRRRRNNNNNNN!
>
> Yeah, that was sound of your sister's leather straps when I rode her in
> my garage.
>
> ZZZZZIIINNGGGG !!!!!!!

My nonexistent sister?

--
FreeBSD 4.8-RELEASE i386
 3:45PM  up 23 days, 17:56, 1 user, load averages: 0.01, 0.02, 0.00
"General Protection Fault" <generalpf@braids.ertw.com> wrote in message
> On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 19:57:14 GMT, ten@knilhtrae.oliabaj wrote:
> > General Protection Fault wrote:

> >> BBBBUUUUURRRRRRNNNNNNN!
> >
> > Yeah, that was sound of your sister's leather straps when I rode her in
> > my garage.
> >
> > ZZZZZIIINNGGGG !!!!!!!
>
> My nonexistent sister?

Yep, in his non-existent garage while living
a non-existent life.

0
user2065 (34)
12/14/2003 10:20:39 PM
rm -rf Linux wrote:
> "General Protection Fault" <generalpf@braids.ertw.com> wrote in message

>>>Yeah, that was sound of your sister's leather straps when I rode her in
>>>my garage.
>>>
>>>ZZZZZIIINNGGGG !!!!!!!
>>
>>My nonexistent sister?
>>

> Yep, in his non-existent garage while living
> a non-existent life.

So the only proof of my existence is this post.

PLEASE FOR GOD'S SAKE, DON'T CANCEL IT!! I WANT TO LIVE !!!

0
ten3800 (148)
12/14/2003 10:28:08 PM
Tony Sivori sighed and said:

> I'm no programmer but I regard JavaScript as little better than a cancer
> upon the Internet. It does lots of harm and very little good.

In an ideal world, Javascript - or should it be ECMAscript - is a
wonderful thing. It has the potential to offload a lot of serverside
processing onto the client.

Of course the more it can do the more people abuse it.

But it really is a fully-featured language with some amazing capabilities.

--
Ian

He knows his onions.

0
IanPegel (405)
12/15/2003 6:55:29 PM
On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 18:55:29 +0000, The Onion Man wrote:
> Tony Sivori sighed and said:
>
>> I'm no programmer but I regard JavaScript as little better than a cancer
>> upon the Internet. It does lots of harm and very little good.
>
> In an ideal world, Javascript - or should it be ECMAscript - is a
> wonderful thing. It has the potential to offload a lot of serverside
> processing onto the client.
>
> Of course the more it can do the more people abuse it.
>
> But it really is a fully-featured language with some amazing capabilities.

But it's more suited to websites then web applications because for most of
what it's used for in a web app -- validation -- you have to do the same
on the server.

God bless .NET's validators which automagically do client-
*and* server-side validation.  Struts almost does this as well.

--
FreeBSD 4.8-RELEASE i386
12:55PM  up 24 days, 15:06, 1 user, load averages: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00
General Protection Fault sighed and said:

> On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 18:55:29 +0000, The Onion Man wrote:
>> Tony Sivori sighed and said:
>>
>>> I'm no programmer but I regard JavaScript as little better than a cancer
>>> upon the Internet. It does lots of harm and very little good.
>>
>> In an ideal world, Javascript - or should it be ECMAscript - is a
>> wonderful thing. It has the potential to offload a lot of serverside
>> processing onto the client.
>>
>> Of course the more it can do the more people abuse it.
>>
>> But it really is a fully-featured language with some amazing capabilities.
>
> But it's more suited to websites then web applications because for most of
> what it's used for in a web app -- validation -- you have to do the same
> on the server.
>
> God bless .NET's validators which automagically do client-
> *and* server-side validation.  Struts almost does this as well.

I think that for "internal" web apps where access is purely for staff who
are not dedicated to tripping up the system in the same way that outside
people are, javascript validation & processing remains a, er, valid
approach.

And even if you have to do validation on the server too, if a good
proportion of the issues raised are dealt with by javascript enabled
clients, that must be "A Good Thing".

--
Ian

He knows his onions.

0
IanPegel (405)

os.linux.advocacy
Dear Friend, I have found some great articles at: http://www.familyandtwist.com/ http:www.articlestwist.com/ http://www.downloadstwist.com/ http://www.wallpaperstwist.com/ Read them all. Thanks mahmar07@gmail.com came up with this when s/he headbutted the keyboard a moment ago in comp.os.linux.advocacy: > Dear Friend, > > I have found some great articles at: > <URLs snipped> > Read them all. > > Thanks Not without a summary, I ain't. -- Spanking brand new high end desktop computer: £1700 Spanking brand new colour laser printer/scanner/copier/fax: £600 Vista Ultimate: £369 The look on your face when nothing works: priceless Verily I say unto thee, that Jim spake thusly: > mahmar07@gmail.com came up with this when s/he headbutted the keyboard a > moment ago in comp.os.linux.advocacy: > >> Dear Friend, >> >> I have found some great articles at: >> > <URLs snipped> >> Read them all. >> >> Thanks > > Not without a summary, I ain't. It's worse than that, it's spam Jim, spam Jim, spam Jim. It's worse than that, it's spam Jim, spam Jim, spam. -- K. http://slated.org ..---- | "People are not happy in stinking hellholes of abject poverty, what | is true is that once you cross subsistence ... additional increases | in wealth have virtually no effect on well-being ... This is worth | knowing in case you have a choice between "X...

the new computer -os-linux+advocacy in 2008
gwedfw edhklsc jfdh fefgh n http://www.freewebs.com/thuiss/ http://indianfriendfinder.com/go/g924418-pmem ...

No Problem'o, DooFuS. I can blame it all on the Linux Mint TEXT size being = too small on my 19 inch monitor. As Moi was saying... I tried two more additional downloads of elementary OS Linux. Both of them= likewise failed. While they could have been discriminating against Moi for his ZERO contribu= tion, I will be damned if I am going to PAY GOOD money for something when t= here is no guarantee that the stupid DOWNLOAD wont fail, JUST TO FIND OUT t= hat it WONT work at all on my computer hardware, let alone whether OR NOT i= t will actually do what is being claimed. Moi has NEVER experienced a download problem with Linux Mint. From what I have seen, elementary OS Linux is a scam, much like those Windo= ws come ons that claim that they can fix your computer problems merely by m= ucking with the Windows Registry. The Linux World should disown elementary OS Linux for being the Scam that i= t is. Or, can any phony distro claim to be Linux? Yeah, where are the Linu= x police? On 7/8/2015 8:22 AM, John Gohde wrote: > No Problem'o, DooFuS. I can blame it all on the Linux Mint TEXT size > being too small on my 19 inch monitor. I blame it on your small cerebrum. > The Linux World should disown elementary OS Linux for being the Scam > that it is. Or, can any phony distro claim to be Linux? Yeah, where > are the Linux police? The Linux police are outside your door right now. I'm not kidding. Look out...

ROX Linux and ROX on OS X and arm linux
Hi I've just just done some searches on Google for ROX linux, and ROX on other platforms. I've not managed to find anything. Is ROX available for OS X? Is ROX available for Acorn\Iyonix Arm linux? Did ROX Linux ever come to anything? I was a member of the mailing list a while ago, it started off interesting and then seemed to go off on a tangent then it all went quiet. It seemed like an excellent idea, a linux distro structured like RISC OS. It would have been an ideal compliment to a RISC OS system, same UI but different set of applications (probably not quite so consistent as we are used to though). It could also have been a life boat if RISC OS were ever to grind to a halt. Presumably some sorts of common apps (python perhaps) would have been possible and if RISCOSE or similar were to be developed too, the possibilities would be even greater. Do others consider it would have been desirable? -- Jess Iyonix contact http://jess.itworkshop-nexus.net Hotmail is my spam trap - don't email valid - mailto:nospam@jess.itworkshop-nexus.net In message <729a59544e.jess@itworkshop.invalid> Jess <phantasm_39@hotmail.com> wrote: > Hi > > I've just just done some searches on Google for ROX linux, and ROX on > other platforms. > These starting points might help. http://www.google.co.uk/search?sourceid=navclient&q=ROX filer desktop http://rox.sourceforge.net/phpwiki/ http://rox.sourceforg...

[News] [Linux] Linux Has Advantage in the Mobile OS World
How Linux morphed from a server to a mobile OS ,----[ Quote ] | When evaluating Linux as a possible OS candidate, it is important to | remember that the Linux "model" for mobile devices is horizontal. That | is, Linux is not presented as a vertically integrated top to bottom | solution for a mobile device supplied by one vendor. | | It's a sharp contrast to the other OS suppliers such as Microsoft | with Windows Mobile, Symbian and PalmSource. These suppliers | support a highly integrated software stack, incorporating not | only an OS but also extensive middleware and application layer | pieces. Arguably the price for such integration is lack of | flexibility and loss of control. `---- http://www.wirelessnetdesignline.com/howto/broadband/199600344;jsessionid=N1IAB5VKZRD0QQSNDLRCKH0CJUNN2JVN http://tinyurl.com/2c3z7z Microsoft taps mobiles for developing world ,----[ Quote ] | Microsoft is facing fierce competition from Linux, however, most | notably the One Laptop per Child project to ship low cost | notebooks to schools in developing nations. | | Linux vendor Red Hat unveiled a Global Desktop last week | targeting computers at small and medium sized businesses as | well as governments in third world nations. `---- http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/news/2189936/microsoft-taps-mobile-tech Related: 70 percent of smartphones use Symbian ,----[ Quote ] | At 3GSM it became clear that 70 percent of all smartphones use Symbian. | | Linux accounts for 16.9 perc...

[News] Tips for Linux Advocacy (from Linux-hostile Site)

Where is the Linux Advocacy?
Reading this group it should have been named "linux suicide group." or "Depressed Linux users" or maybe "Windows Advocacy?" It is like every group becomes camping site for the adversaries of the groups subjects. Well I for one have Linux Ubuntu 11.04 and it kicks some serious ass on both Windows and Mac. The Unity GUI is surpassing the other two. It can self-repair and it can be made to change GUI in the upstart or from the shut down menu. When more instances of a program is open in the dock, then the dock will mark how many and when you press the button all instances will spread out on the desktop, where You can choose. A speciality is the "Windows install" option where Ubuntu is installed as a program in Windows. It integrates a disc image of the Linux system, embedded in the NTFS Windows-file system and can be removed in the "Programs" uninstall option. It will take about 3 seconds. Then another distro can be ready for install. By installing virtual Clonedrive in Windows You don't even need to burn an install disk. You just mount the iso file and install from the Windows desktop. Can Windows and OS X do that???NO!!! Jens On May 7, 11:48=A0pm, Lyrik <jenserikb...@gmail.com> wrote: > Reading this group it should have been named "linux suicide group." or > "Depressed Linux users" or maybe "Windows Advocacy?" > It is like every group becomes camping site for the adversaries ...

Which Linux OS
We would like to do some initial investigation of Oracle on Linux? Is there is a Free / low cost version of Linux that I can use for my eval, or must I purchase the Redhat Enterprise AS? Thanx, Gerald S. wrote: > We would like to do some initial investigation of Oracle on Linux? > > Is there is a Free / low cost version of Linux that I can use for my eval, > or must I purchase the Redhat Enterprise AS? > > Thanx, > > I've found Debian works well for testing, esp. considering that it's for testing, and not production (no support). Bricklen wrote: > Gerald S. wrote: > >> We would like to do some initial investigation of Oracle on Linux? >> >> Is there is a Free / low cost version of Linux that I can use for my >> eval, >> or must I purchase the Redhat Enterprise AS? >> >> Thanx, >> >> > I've found Debian works well for testing, esp. considering that it's for > testing, and not production (no support). Bricklen, if you've got any tips for installing onto Debian, I'd love to hear them. (Actually, I'd quite like a CD set of Debian, too, while you're at it!!). Best Regards HJR On Tue, 11 May 2004 16:23:44 +0000, Gerald S. banged his/her head on the keyboard and created this message for all mankind/womankind: > We would like to do some initial investigation of Oracle on Linux? > > Is there is a Free / low cost version of Linux that...

My Linux is not your Linux

Why linux is linux

I have Linux! I have Linux!
Ok, after two days of trying to get Windos 1900 installed and working , I sat down an hour ago and installed Linux. In an hour. Smirk. Ok, I will be honest. I did have some problems, but I believe they were of my own ignorance. 0) I started with trying to install Suse. However, I couldn't get it to install. Why? Because I didn't read the menu. There is a startup menu and the first entry is boot to harddisk. I thought that was the thing to do so I did it about 4 times. Then I gave up. However, I went back to it and subsequently realized that I should have chosen the 2nd menu, "Install Linux". Duh. 1) Luckily I had the 3 Fedora RC disks. So, I installed that instead (there's a twist, see bottom). Installed quickly (and I mean QUICK -- I installed the Workstation Setup and it went faster than anything I've seen) and easily EXCEPT for DSL. I sort of it remember it asking questions about networking and DSL the last time I installed it on my personal machine, but this time it installed a driver for eth0 and that's it. Ok, so I went in and deleted eth0 and installed an xDSL entry ( using eth0 as the hardware ) and set up my earthlink settings. 2) Ok, so it hooked up quick. Which is a side story. This is an ASUS motherboard with modem, NIC, video, audio on the board. It comes with a CD full of windos drivers. When windos 1900 starts up, it does an autologic and plays the little Windos noise. Then the machine pauses for 1 to 2 m...

How-To...Linux Advocacy...
This is a new How-To WRT Linux advocacy. 1. Never admit Linux's faults. Learn to LIE for LIEnux. If you can't come up with a good lie, then ignore the post and don't refute it. 2. Blame the user. 3. Blame hardware. Ignore replies where the person claims the same hardware works fine with Windows. 4. Blame Microsoft. Everyone hates Microsoft so this is usually a good tactic. 5. Pull the distribution dance. If the person has problems with Mandriva (and who hasn't?) suggest Ubuntu etc.... You have 500+ different excuses so you can really run the table with this one. Keep the opponent guessing! 6. Deny, deny, deny... NEVER admit Linux has a problem...Never.... Argue tooth and nail until the Linux cabal and Calvary shows up to circle the wagons around you. 7. If you can't deny, deny, deny then just ignore the thread and let it stand as is... This works well when you have lying, so called LIEnux advocates who are obviously lying... This way the opposition can't accuse you of siding with known liars. There are 10k more..... Feel free to add... -- flatfish+++ Please visit our hall of Linux idiots. http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/ Watching Linux Fail: http://limuxwatch.blogspot.com/ Linux's dismal desktop market share: http://royal.pingdom.com/2011/05/12/the-top-20-strongholds-for-desktop-linux/ Desktop Linux: The Dream Is Dead "By the time Microsoft released the Windows 7 beta in January 2009, Linux had clearly lost its chance at de...

[News] [Linux] More Speculations About a Google OS Based on GNU/Linux
Google admits that it is going after Microsoft Office... Is Windows next? ,----[ Quote ] | So that brings us to the obvious question: What about the operating | system? There have been rumors for years about a Google PC and/or | Google OS that was based on Linux and aimed at providing a simple, | intuitive desktop for the masses. Naturally, that Google PC would | primarily be an Internet terminal that features Google's online | applications. `---- http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/hiner/?p=465 Still getting slapped for spyware (Dell) and news aggregators... Google stands firm behind News search site ,----[ Quote ] | All along, Google has defended News saying that it is protected by | the fair use principle -- because it only reproduces headlines, text | snippets and thumbnail images -- and that it provides great benefit | to media Web sites by sending them readers. `---- http://www.computerworld.com.au/index.php/id;535941450;fp;;fpid;;pf;1 ...

Linux Brochure Project (LBP)--Linux Advocacy & Publicity
Your organization may be interested in the Linux Brochure Project hosted on SourceForge. This project was developed because the Victoria Linux User Group (VLUG) wanted to produce their brochure using open source tools rather than proprietary ones. We registered it at SourceForge so that any Linux LUG and other advocacy groups could use the software to produce their own brochure. This project has been written up by LWN (http://lwn.net/Articles/51938/). See below for project details. Barbara Irwin Publicity Coordinator, VLUG ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ The Linux Brochure Project (LBP) is GPLed data and software which is used to document key Linux information in a standard-size brochure (two sides of a single letter-sized or A4 sheet of paper that is Z-folded into the six mini-pages of the brochure). Four key features of this project make it an excellent advocacy and publicity tool for LUGS and Linux organizations: 1) the project data and software are GPLed; 2) all software tools used to build the LBP brochures are open source; 3) the brochure can be customized to fit individual requirements of LUGs and other Linux organizations; and 4) the software produces an attractive brochure. Currently there are two versions of the brochure -- a "Linus" version, which features famous quotes from Linus and a VLUG version, which has been adopted as the Victoria Linux Users Group official brochure...

Linux Advocacy
I'm not known in cola as a Linux Advocate, but at this time, I'd like to state publicly some things that Microsoft has done lately that have pissed me off. I had a perfectly good way of entering my password at logon by cuting & pasting it from the screen with the mouse. To me anyway, this seemed more secure than allowing some key logger or other spyware to have easy access to the logon password. It also allowed much more elaborate passwords. 1. Microsoft in it's infinite Wisdom has Removed the ability to do this in the latest SP for W2K, the "feature" Microsoft had already eliminated from WXP. 2. The latest beheading video of Nick Berg was not savable to local storage. The video is now of course available from other servers. I'm NOT interested in an OS that doesn't let me save something I'm viewing on my hardware, censorship should not be an OS function. -- # hdparm -tT /dev/: /dev/sda: Timing buffer-cache reads: 668 MB in 2.00 seconds = 333.55 MB/sec Timing buffered disk reads: 140 MB in 3.02 seconds = 46.35 MB/sec /dev/md0: Timing buffer-cache reads: 652 MB in 2.00 seconds = 325.89 MB/sec Timing buffered disk reads: 264 MB in 3.01 seconds = 87.75 MB/sec # \etc\ #: Cheers - T.G. Reaper On Mon, 17 May 2004 06:58:40 -0700, T.G.Reaper wrote: > 2. The latest beheading video of Nick Berg was not savable to local > storage. The video is now of course available from other servers. > > I'm NOT inte...

linux os
Hi all, is anyone actually running Radius server? Is it difficult to set it up? T ...

[News] A Look at Element OS and Introduction to Peppermint OS (GNU/Linux)

COLA is full of fanatic Linux Zealots. Look Elsewhere for Linux Advocacy.
I tried a little experiment and that was to post to COLA making certain to agree with the usual morons like Schestowitz, [Homer], Terry Porter and so forth. I was very careful to make certain that I did not set them off by posting controversial information. IOW I became a COLA "Stepford wife" for a week or so. It was extremely difficult to accomplish because the list of so called Linux "advocates", at least that is what they call themselves, is small in number but high on their own special form of bullshit. Then *ON PURPOSE* , that part is important for those who like to...

Palm OS (Renamed "Garnet OS") and a Linux Future
IT Sstandrads Hijack Threatens European Economix Competitiveness ,----[ Quote ] | To stop Europe being rail-roaded into an inadequate standard, the | ODF Alliance urges national supporters who have issues to raise | contradictions of ECMA's standard with existing standards to | encourage their national ISO representatives to raise formal | contradictions as quickly as possible, certainly | before 5th February 2007. `---- http://sourcewire.com/releases/rel_dis ...

[News] [Linux] Man Chooses Linux Over Mac OS X, Windows
Which OS for Ruby on Rails development? ,----[ Quote ] | I've had experience using Linux servers (no GUIs), so I figured I | could always drop back to the command line if something broke and | I've had to once or twice during installations. But overall I have | been pleasantly surprised at how civil an experience it has been. `---- http://falkayn.blogspot.com/2007/05/which-os-for-ruby-on-rails-development.html ...

[News] Linux 2.6.32 in Review, "Linux is Not an OS"

Are Linux Lusers Really Displaced Locksmiths? (Foley Belsaw School of Linux Advocacy)
Does Foley Belsaw have a school for Linux lusers like they do for Locksmith lusers? If not, they should! It could be a real money maker IMHO. On Thursday 22 September 2005 00:11 Lisa Cottmann wrote: > Does Foley Belsaw Nono Susan - I'm sure Foley doesn't cross post. Please stop, silly girl. Bill "Lisa Cottmann" <lisa_cottmann@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1127344265.713851.255270@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Does Foley Belsaw have a school for Linux lusers like they do for > Locksmith lusers? > > If not, they should! > > It coul...

20 years of Linux Advocacy, who are those self anointed Linux "advocates"?
Most lies told: Roy "Spammer" Spamowitz (10 ahead of Liarmutt) Rudest poster: Peter K�hlmann (called people "retards" 289 times/ "idiot' 512 times), <Tattoo Vampire just has to try harder!> Thickest poster: (W)Ron(g)B (awarded for life btw as obviously no one is ever going to pip him). Pettiest "Net Nanny" and most pursing of lips: Willy "Filters" Boaster, ex aequo chrisv / HPT Poster most liable to send you to sleep: Rex Ballard Most incomprehensible poster: Jebbediah Biggest "it's ok to steal things" GPL offender: Andrew "I have a degree" Halliwell Poster most up his own arse: Mark Kent Most paranoid clown: [Homer] Most useless poster (20 gigabytes of other peoples work) : High Plains Rafael/Thumper/Wendy. Poster most likely to be put in a strait jacket and carted off : 7. Lifetime stupidity award: Terry Telnet and Gortard (hard to decide who's the biggest cretin.) -- Desktop Linux: The Dream Is Dead "By the time Microsoft released the Windows 7 beta in January 2009, Linux had clearly lost its chance at desktop glory." [............] "Ultimately, Linux is doomed on the desktop because of a critical lack of content. And that lack of content owes its existence to two key factors: the fragmentation of the Linux platform, and the fierce ideology of the open-source community at large." http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/207999/desktop_linux_the_dream_is_dead.h...

Web resources about - Javascript - comp.os.linux.advocacy

Facebook Open-Sources JavaScript Static-Type Checker Flow
The latest software to be open-sourced by Facebook is Flow , a static-type checker for JavaScript . (more…) New Career Opportunities Daily: ...

Quickstart: Facebook SDK for JavaScript
This quickstart will show you how to setup the SDK, load social plugins, trigger a dialog, and get it to make some basic Graph API calls.

Facebook App Devs Get Javascript
It has been an oft-lamented fact of the Facebook Platform thus far in its life that, in order to use all but the most simple of Javascript functionality–the ...