KDE video (newest Maui and Mint)

OK, looked at Maui and Mint -- both the newest, current KDE versions.

An improvement from before, no doubt... but still a lot of file / folder
creation quirks INCLUDING ones that can lead to lost data if you actually
trust what the computer tells you (in some cases) or if you are not very
careful to see the odd places the computer sends you (in other cases).

Combined Maui and Mint in one video... did it quickly so it is not quite as
short and to the point as other videos of mine. About 14 minutes total.

    <https://youtu.be/8-m1rYIjdNA>

One thing they DID fix was when you drag files out of the trash you can
still edit them... a bug I noted before and some in COLA said that the
broken behavior, now fixed, made sense to them. Quite funny, really.

Oh, and comments are turned on because my Firefox extension no longer lets
me turn them off. :)

--
"Necrophilia would be my second choice for what should be done with my
corpse, the first being scientific or medical use." -- Richard Stallman

0
Snit

On Friday, 23 December 2016 20:46:09 UTC-7, Snit  wrote:
> OK, looked at Maui and Mint -- both the newest, current KDE versions.
>
> An improvement from before, no doubt... but still a lot of file / folder
> creation quirks INCLUDING ones that can lead to lost data if you actually
> trust what the computer tells you (in some cases) or if you are not very
> careful to see the odd places the computer sends you (in other cases).
>
> Combined Maui and Mint in one video... did it quickly so it is not quite as
> short and to the point as other videos of mine. About 14 minutes total.
>
>     <https://youtu.be/8-m1rYIjdNA>
>
> One thing they DID fix was when you drag files out of the trash you can
> still edit them... a bug I noted before and some in COLA said that the
> broken behavior, now fixed, made sense to them. Quite funny, really.

KDE was started in 1996 and the fucktard programmers can not figure out how to get file and folder creation right.

Many eyes to the rescue again!

> Oh, and comments are turned on because my Firefox extension no longer lets
> me turn them off. :)

That is fucking hilarious!
0
tmelmosfire
12/24/2016 6:07:46 PM
On 12/24/16, 11:07 AM, in article
94dfc535-9a87-411a-8f53-a157c7f538c1@googlegroups.com, "tmelmosfire"
<tmelmosfire@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Friday, 23 December 2016 20:46:09 UTC-7, Snit  wrote:
>> OK, looked at Maui and Mint -- both the newest, current KDE versions.
>>
>> An improvement from before, no doubt... but still a lot of file / folder
>> creation quirks INCLUDING ones that can lead to lost data if you actually
>> trust what the computer tells you (in some cases) or if you are not very
>> careful to see the odd places the computer sends you (in other cases).
>>
>> Combined Maui and Mint in one video... did it quickly so it is not quite as
>> short and to the point as other videos of mine. About 14 minutes total.
>>
>>     <https://youtu.be/8-m1rYIjdNA>
>>
>> One thing they DID fix was when you drag files out of the trash you can
>> still edit them... a bug I noted before and some in COLA said that the
>> broken behavior, now fixed, made sense to them. Quite funny, really.
>
> KDE was started in 1996 and the fucktard programmers can not figure out how to
> get file and folder creation right.
>
> Many eyes to the rescue again!

It has improved... but, yes, one would think these types of basics would
have been taken care of LONG ago.

But I am impressed with how much it has grown over the last year or so...
though not quite as much as I was at first look. Really, how do these types
of bugs persist year after year?

>> Oh, and comments are turned on because my Firefox extension no longer lets
>> me turn them off. :)
>
> That is fucking hilarious!

I am sure Peter is still laughing. :)

  Peter K�hlmann:
    -----
    I have a pretty good idea why you try to avoid sites like YouTube:
    They can be commented. And you fear the comments more than
    everything else
    -----

  Snit:
    -----
    You can block comments on YouTube.
    -----

  Peter K�hlmann:
    -----
    Really? Do you really think that your Firefox extension will still
    work? Why would YouTube allow to disable comments? They have
    activly disabled all extensions which tried to do that And the
    mere fact that you know about disabling comments (even if it does
    not work anymore) shows that you have tried to do just that.
    Because you can't stand having comments about your idiocy
    -----

Peter thinks a local Firefox extension could disable comments on a public
server (until YouTube "disabled" that ability), showing ignorance one might
expect from an octogenarian newbie. More detail here:
<http://youtu.be/iFFF_DQPgiI>. Note: comments are on. :)

<http://goo.gl/Sux1iL>

"It is often hard to persuade the developers of one component to do what
improves the system as a whole rather than what will make their own
component more useful and successful." -- Richard Stallman

0
Snit
12/24/2016 6:12:04 PM
On Saturday, 24 December 2016 11:12:13 UTC-7, Snit  wrote:
> On 12/24/16, 11:07 AM, in article
> 94dfc535-9a87-411a-8f53-a157c7f538c1@googlegroups.com, "tmelmosfire"
> <tmelmosfire@gmail.com> wrote:
>=20
> > On Friday, 23 December 2016 20:46:09 UTC-7, Snit  wrote:
> >> OK, looked at Maui and Mint -- both the newest, current KDE versions.
> >>=20
> >> An improvement from before, no doubt... but still a lot of file / fold=
er
> >> creation quirks INCLUDING ones that can lead to lost data if you actua=
lly
> >> trust what the computer tells you (in some cases) or if you are not ve=
ry
> >> careful to see the odd places the computer sends you (in other cases).
> >>=20
> >> Combined Maui and Mint in one video... did it quickly so it is not qui=
te as
> >> short and to the point as other videos of mine. About 14 minutes total=
..
> >>=20
> >>     <https://youtu.be/8-m1rYIjdNA>
> >>=20
> >> One thing they DID fix was when you drag files out of the trash you ca=
> >> still edit them... a bug I noted before and some in COLA said that the
> >> broken behavior, now fixed, made sense to them. Quite funny, really.
> >=20
> > KDE was started in 1996 and the fucktard programmers can not figure out=
 how to
> > get file and folder creation right.
> >=20
> > Many eyes to the rescue again!
>=20
> It has improved... but, yes, one would think these types of basics would
> have been taken care of LONG ago.
>=20
> But I am impressed with how much it has grown over the last year or so...
> though not quite as much as I was at first look. Really, how do these typ=
es
> of bugs persist year after year?

What growth? Seems like the same crap from a year ago. These are the bugs P=
eter the moron insisted were from old versions but you just proved they sti=
ll exist today.

What will his excuse be this time?=20

> >> Oh, and comments are turned on because my Firefox extension no longer =
lets
> >> me turn them off. :)
> > =20
> > That is fucking hilarious!
>=20
> I am sure Peter is still laughing. :)
>=20
>=20
>   Peter K=C3=B6hlmann:
>     -----
>     I have a pretty good idea why you try to avoid sites like YouTube:
>     They can be commented. And you fear the comments more than
>     everything else
>     -----
>=20
>   Snit:
>     -----
>     You can block comments on YouTube.
>     -----
>    =20
>   Peter K=C3=B6hlmann:
>     -----
>     Really? Do you really think that your Firefox extension will still
>     work? Why would YouTube allow to disable comments? They have
>     activly disabled all extensions which tried to do that And the
>     mere fact that you know about disabling comments (even if it does
>     not work anymore) shows that you have tried to do just that.
>     Because you can't stand having comments about your idiocy
>     -----
>    =20
> Peter thinks a local Firefox extension could disable comments on a public
> server (until YouTube "disabled" that ability), showing ignorance one mig=
ht
> expect from an octogenarian newbie. More detail here:
> <http://youtu.be/iFFF_DQPgiI>. Note: comments are on. :)
>=20
> <http://goo.gl/Sux1iL>
>=20

Peter the Klown is the most incompetent person I have ever seen.

0
tmelmosfire
12/24/2016 6:15:24 PM
On 12/24/16, 11:15 AM, in article
60c02372-3aef-4057-b55d-a92d4ca931fa@googlegroups.com, "tmelmosfire"
<tmelmosfire@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Saturday, 24 December 2016 11:12:13 UTC-7, Snit  wrote:
>> On 12/24/16, 11:07 AM, in article
>> 94dfc535-9a87-411a-8f53-a157c7f538c1@googlegroups.com, "tmelmosfire"
>> <tmelmosfire@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> KDE was started in 1996 and the fucktard programmers can not figure out how
>>> get file and folder creation right.
>>>
>>> Many eyes to the rescue again!
>>
>> It has improved... but, yes, one would think these types of basics would
>> have been taken care of LONG ago.
>>
>> But I am impressed with how much it has grown over the last year or so...
>> though not quite as much as I was at first look. Really, how do these types
>> of bugs persist year after year?
>
> What growth? Seems like the same crap from a year ago. These are the bugs
> Peter the moron insisted were from old versions but you just proved they still
> exist today.

Well, you can drag files out from the trash and edit them without jumping
through hoops. That was just stupid. I also do not see all of the same
search errors... though in testing now some DO still exist. Some of the
default naming of text files is fixed and the dialogs are not cutting things
off any more. They also do not show the tabs where you can have multiple
apps in one window. Cool idea but it was handled poorly. Maybe there is a
setting to turn it back on but at least it is not something most users will
not stumble into.

Did just test more file creation stuff... yeah, still broken.

> What will his excuse be this time?

>>> That is fucking hilarious!
>>
>> I am sure Peter is still laughing. :)

>>   Peter K�hlmann:
>>     -----
>>     I have a pretty good idea why you try to avoid sites like YouTube:
>>     They can be commented. And you fear the comments more than
>>     everything else
>>     -----
>>
>>   Snit:
>>     -----
>>     You can block comments on YouTube.
>>     -----
>>
>>   Peter K�hlmann:
>>     -----
>>     Really? Do you really think that your Firefox extension will still
>>     work? Why would YouTube allow to disable comments? They have
>>     activly disabled all extensions which tried to do that And the
>>     mere fact that you know about disabling comments (even if it does
>>     not work anymore) shows that you have tried to do just that.
>>     Because you can't stand having comments about your idiocy
>>     -----
>>
>> Peter thinks a local Firefox extension could disable comments on a public
>> server (until YouTube "disabled" that ability), showing ignorance one might
>> expect from an octogenarian newbie. More detail here:
>> <http://youtu.be/iFFF_DQPgiI>. Note: comments are on. :)

>> <http://goo.gl/Sux1iL>

> Peter the Klown is the most incompetent person I have ever seen.

I am sure he has a good excuse!

--
"When making pornography involves real abuse of real children ... that does
not excuse censorship. No matter how disgusting published works might be,

0
Snit
12/24/2016 6:26:23 PM
On Fri, 23 Dec 2016 20:46:02 -0700, Snit wrote:

> OK, looked at Maui and Mint -- both the newest, current KDE versions.
>
> An improvement from before, no doubt... but still a lot of file / folder
> creation quirks INCLUDING ones that can lead to lost data if you
> actually trust what the computer tells you (in some cases) or if you are
> not very careful to see the odd places the computer sends you (in other
> cases).
>
> Combined Maui and Mint in one video... did it quickly so it is not quite
> as short and to the point as other videos of mine. About 14 minutes
> total.
>
>     <https://youtu.be/8-m1rYIjdNA>
>
> One thing they DID fix was when you drag files out of the trash you can
> still edit them... a bug I noted before and some in COLA said that the
> broken behavior, now fixed, made sense to them. Quite funny, really.

Nice work.
I prefer Fedora myself.

> Oh, and comments are turned on because my Firefox extension no longer
> lets me turn them off. :)

Comments are managed by the Youtube account.
You can turn them off and on there.
I've never heard of a firefox extension to do that?

--
Cactus Pete
One Thorny Hombre'

0
Cactus
12/24/2016 6:28:53 PM
On 12/24/16, 11:28 AM, in article o3mep5$rk9$2@dont-email.me, "Cactus Pete"
<cactusNOSPAMpete@myself.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 23 Dec 2016 20:46:02 -0700, Snit wrote:
>
>> OK, looked at Maui and Mint -- both the newest, current KDE versions.
>>
>> An improvement from before, no doubt... but still a lot of file / folder
>> creation quirks INCLUDING ones that can lead to lost data if you
>> actually trust what the computer tells you (in some cases) or if you are
>> not very careful to see the odd places the computer sends you (in other
>> cases).
>>
>> Combined Maui and Mint in one video... did it quickly so it is not quite
>> as short and to the point as other videos of mine. About 14 minutes
>> total.
>>
>>     <https://youtu.be/8-m1rYIjdNA>
>>
>> One thing they DID fix was when you drag files out of the trash you can
>> still edit them... a bug I noted before and some in COLA said that the
>> broken behavior, now fixed, made sense to them. Quite funny, really.
>>

> Nice work.

Thank you.

> I prefer Fedora myself.

I have had a few people recommend it to me... will have to try it.

>> Oh, and comments are turned on because my Firefox extension no longer
>> lets me turn them off. :)
>
> Comments are managed by the Youtube account.
> You can turn them off and on there.
> I've never heard of a firefox extension to do that?

Sorry... inside joke in COLA. Comes from these wise words from Peter:

  Peter K�hlmann:
    -----
[...]

He is the same lovely and knowledgeable fellow who says the bugs I show in
the CURRENT versions of KDE were fixed long before I showed them in versions
from a year or so ago. He is just lost.

--
"When making pornography involves real abuse of real children ... that does
not excuse censorship. No matter how disgusting published works might be,
censorship is more disgusting." -- Richard Stallman

0
Snit
12/24/2016 6:40:55 PM
Snit talked to himselfe:

> Comments are managed by the Youtube account.
> You can turn them off and on there.
> I've never heard of a firefox extension to do that?

Nobody gives a fuck, Snit.

--
Pissant Pete
One stupid hombre
Pissant Pete wrote:

> Nobody gives a fuck, Snit.

Snit created a sock to troll his other sock. Priceless.
0
Dr