Liking Linux

Actually, I like Linux.
I don't like COLA.

tab wrote:
> Actually, I like Linux.
> I don't like COLA.

Then don't drink it. I like most colas but I prefer Dr. Pepper.

0
kseely (126)
10/28/2005 4:46:52 PM
comp.os.spil wrote:
> tab wrote:
> > Actually, I like Linux.
> > I don't like COLA.
>

> Then don't drink it. I like most colas but I prefer Dr. Pepper.

Dr. Pepper is good. But I can only handle so much caffeine each day.
I'm also secure enough in my manhood to admit that I like Fresca.

0
lqualig (4343)
10/28/2005 4:55:45 PM
lqualig@uku.co.uk wrote:
> comp.os.spil wrote:
>> tab wrote:
>>> Actually, I like Linux.
>>> I don't like COLA.
>>

>> Then don't drink it. I like most colas but I prefer Dr. Pepper.
>

> Dr. Pepper is good. But I can only handle so much caffeine each day.
> I'm also secure enough in my manhood to admit that I like Fresca.

That's an interesting drink.  I used to drink Fresca when I was a wee tyke -
some 30 years ago.  My grandmother would give it to us.

My wife has never had it.  I think I'll buy some this weekend.

0
nospam11 (18349)
10/28/2005 5:00:00 PM
DFS wrote:
> lqualig@uku.co.uk wrote:
> > comp.os.spil wrote:
> >>

> >> Then don't drink it. I like most colas but I prefer Dr. Pepper.
> >

> > Dr. Pepper is good. But I can only handle so much caffeine each day.
> > I'm also secure enough in my manhood to admit that I like Fresca.
>
> That's an interesting drink.  I used to drink Fresca when I was a wee tyke -
> some 30 years ago.  My grandmother would give it to us.
>
> My wife has never had it.  I think I'll buy some this weekend.

Glad to see that others have heard of Fresca. It's "grapefruit soda"
but it's nowhere as gross as it sounds. I've always liked sour things
so it suits me fine.(*1) Fresca certainly isn't as tart as lemonade and
we have cases of it in the fridge at work.

*1 - My mom use to tell me this story about when I was a little
toddler. I use to suck my thumb (so she claims) and she was worried
that this would cause buck-teeth. A doctor suggest to her that she put
lemon-juice on my thumb so that the bitterness would discourage me from
sucking on my thumb. Apparently the first time she tried this I liked
the lemon so much that I basically jammed my entire hand in my mouth.

0
lqualig (4343)
10/28/2005 5:14:02 PM
On Fri, 28 Oct 2005 08:11:39 -0700, tab wrote:

> Actually, I like Linux.
> I don't like COLA.

Bye bye.

0
ray65 (5421)
10/28/2005 5:20:20 PM
tab hitched up their overalls,
shotgunned a beer and wrote:

> Actually, I like Linux.
> I don't like COLA.

Your mama doesn't like you. Neither does your daddy. Even your dog thinks
you suck (Even though he was nice enough to show you how to lick your own
balls).
--
My computer runs MY operating system: GNU/Linux
Registered Linux User #376403
On Fri, 28 Oct 2005 08:11:39 -0700, tab wrote:

> Actually, I like Linux.

I don't believe you, and i don't care what you like,

> I don't like COLA.

And I don't care what you dislike.

--
Rick

0
none11 (12193)
10/29/2005 4:07:45 AM
lqualig@uku.co.uk wrote:
> DFS wrote:
> > lqualig@uku.co.uk wrote:
 .
 .
 .
 .
> > > Dr. Pepper is good. But I can only handle so much caffeine each day.

Dr. Pepper is carbonated ambrosia! I don't care if it *is* prune juice.
I still remember my first taste. I biked down to the 7-eleven and
wondered what that stuff was. A cola? A root beer? I bought it and the
clerk asked if I was going to drink it there. I said yes so he didn't
charge me the deposit on the bottle. I sat outside the store and slowly
drank this sweet, caramelled fruit flavored stuff, like nothing I'd
ever drank before, and I was hooked. I'm the only one in my family that
can stand it. Now the caffeine gives me backaches.

> > > I'm also secure enough in my manhood to admit that I like Fresca.
 .
> > That's an interesting drink.  I used to drink Fresca when I was a wee tyke -
> > some 30 years ago.  My grandmother would give it to us.
 .
> > My wife has never had it.  I think I'll buy some this weekend.
 .
 .
 .
> Glad to see that others have heard of Fresca. It's "grapefruit soda"
> but it's nowhere as gross as it sounds. I've always liked sour things
> so it suits me fine.(*1) Fresca certainly isn't as tart as lemonade and
> we have cases of it in the fridge at work.
 .
And Fresca's a diet drink. I should buy it again and work out more.
I've always liked it and never thought it tasted like a diet drink.
 .
> *1 - My mom use to tell me this story about when I was a little
> toddler. I use to suck my thumb (so she claims) and she was worried
> that this would cause buck-teeth. A doctor suggest to her that she put
> lemon-juice on my thumb so that the bitterness would discourage me from
> sucking on my thumb. Apparently the first time she tried this I liked
> the lemon so much that I basically jammed my entire hand in my mouth.
 .
All mothers have a database of embarassing stories about their kids.

On another note: I'm really disappointed nobody wrote something like,
"I hate Tab," in this thread. That woulda been a perfect followup to my
post.

0
kseely (126)
10/29/2005 4:50:06 AM
On 2005-10-29, comp.os.spil <kseely@gmail.com> posted something concerning:

> On another note: I'm really disappointed nobody wrote something like,
> "I hate Tab," in this thread. That woulda been a perfect followup to my
> post.

I thought that was pretty much a universal given quantity, making it
unnecessary for anyone to state it.

--
Ever noticed how fast Windows runs? Me neither.
0