Linux advocacy leaflets

Hi.

Does anyone know where I can download leaflets introducing people to
Gnu/Linux/Free software?

Joeboy wrote:

> Hi.
>
> Does anyone know where I can download leaflets introducing people to
> Gnu/Linux/Free software?

Create you own.

--
A fatal exception 0E has occurred at 0028:C000BD1D in VXD VMM(01) +
0000AD1D. The current application will be terminated.
-(iAn)- wrote:
> Joeboy wrote:
>
>> Hi.
>>
>> Does anyone know where I can download leaflets introducing people to
>> Gnu/Linux/Free software?
>
> Create you own.

The typical Linonut response.
You guys must have autoresponse turned on that picks one of the standard
smartass responses.

Is there a linux app for doing XYZ? => Write your own.
How do you (whatever) with this Linux app => RTFM.
My (hardware of your choice) doesn't work with Linux => Complain to the
vendor or write your own. It's Bill Gates fault. He won't let them support
Linux.
I can't figure out how to do XYZ => You are a stupid MS$ paid troll. Go
away.
I am running (Distro of YOUR choice) and I can't get it to do (whatever). =>
You are stupid. You should be using (Distro of MY choice).

0
rg_bell (425)
6/12/2004 1:34:30 AM
-(iAn)- wrote:
> Joeboy wrote:
>
>> Hi.
>>
>> Does anyone know where I can download leaflets introducing people to
>> Gnu/Linux/Free software?
>
> Create you own.

A great Linonut response.
You guys must have such vastly superior intellects to mine that picks on poor
fools like myself. I beg you to have pity on my
smartass stupidity.

Is there a linux app for doing XYZ? => Write me one.
How do you (whatever) with this Linux app => use the GUI.
My (hardware of your choice) doesn't work with Linux => Download and
install drivers from the vendor. It's Bill Gates fault that I'm so stupid. He
won't support me. I've written him letters asking for money because
welfare doesn't cut it for me. I need a job but I'm too stupid to make
ends meet.
I can't figure out how to tie my shoes => I am a stupid child. Go
away.
I am running (Distro of YOUR choice) and I can't get it to rub my arse. =>
I am stupid. I should be using Gigolo of MY choice).

0
rg_bell1 (1)
6/12/2004 2:18:15 AM
On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 02:18:15 +0000, Rich Bell wrote:

> -(iAn)- wrote:
>> Joeboy wrote:
>>
>>> Hi.
>>>
>>> Does anyone know where I can download leaflets introducing people to
>>> Gnu/Linux/Free software?
>>
>> Create you own.
>
> A great Linonut response.
> You guys must have such vastly superior intellects to mine that picks on poor
> fools like myself. I beg you to have pity on my
> smartass stupidity.
>
> Is there a linux app for doing XYZ? => Write me one.
> How do you (whatever) with this Linux app => use the GUI.
> My (hardware of your choice) doesn't work with Linux => Download and
> install drivers from the vendor. It's Bill Gates fault that I'm so stupid. He
> won't support me. I've written him letters asking for money because
> welfare doesn't cut it for me. I need a job but I'm too stupid to make
> ends meet.
> I can't figure out how to tie my shoes => I am a stupid child. Go
> away.
> I am running (Distro of YOUR choice) and I can't get it to rub my arse. =>
> I am stupid. I should be using Gigolo of MY choice).

Now the cult wants to hand out leaflets!
They are sounding more and more like the Hari Krishna's with every passing
day.

SWAMPSTER
0
swampee1 (86)
6/12/2004 5:11:59 PM
Joeboy wrote:

> Hi.
>
> Does anyone know where I can download leaflets introducing people to
> Gnu/Linux/Free software?

http://www.datasync.com/~rogerspl/Advocacy-HOWTO-5.html

Linux Advocacy mini-HOWTO

Paul L. Rogers, Paul.L.Rogers@li.org

v0.5c, 3 May 2000

0
ambulence (7)
6/12/2004 11:44:29 PM
On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 02:18:15 +0000, Rich Bell wrote:

> -(iAn)- wrote:
>> Joeboy wrote:
>>
>>> Hi.
>>>
>>> Does anyone know where I can download leaflets introducing people to
>>> Gnu/Linux/Free software?
>>
>> Create you own.
>
> A great Linonut response.
> You guys must have such vastly superior intellects to mine that picks on
> poor fools like myself.

Do you accidentally click the Send button while you edit your articles?
This is your second response to the same article, and it's just an edited
version of your first response.

> I beg you to have pity on my smartass stupidity.

Pity can be managed.  A cure will be harder.

--
Buford
.o.     "I'm doing a free operating system (just a hobby, won't be

ooo        - Linus Torvalds, 1991
0
mail-me (71)
6/13/2004 12:52:48 PM
Swampee wrote:

> On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 02:18:15 +0000, Rich Bell wrote:
>
>> -(iAn)- wrote:

> Now the cult wants to hand out leaflets!
> They are sounding more and more like the Hari Krishna's with every passing
> day.

That's right, only weird religious cults produce or distribute promotional
literature.

os.linux.advocacy
Dear Friend, I have found some great articles at: http://www.familyandtwist.com/ http:www.articlestwist.com/ http://www.downloadstwist.com/ http://www.wallpaperstwist.com/ Read them all. Thanks mahmar07@gmail.com came up with this when s/he headbutted the keyboard a moment ago in comp.os.linux.advocacy: > Dear Friend, > > I have found some great articles at: > <URLs snipped> > Read them all. > > Thanks Not without a summary, I ain't. -- Spanking brand new high end desktop computer: £1700 Spanking brand new colour laser printer/scanner/copier/fax: £600 Vista Ultimate: £369 The look on your face when nothing works: priceless Verily I say unto thee, that Jim spake thusly: > mahmar07@gmail.com came up with this when s/he headbutted the keyboard a > moment ago in comp.os.linux.advocacy: > >> Dear Friend, >> >> I have found some great articles at: >> > <URLs snipped> >> Read them all. >> >> Thanks > > Not without a summary, I ain't. It's worse than that, it's spam Jim, spam Jim, spam Jim. It's worse than that, it's spam Jim, spam Jim, spam. -- K. http://slated.org ..---- | "People are not happy in stinking hellholes of abject poverty, what | is true is that once you cross subsistence ... additional increases | in wealth have virtually no effect on well-being ... This is worth | knowing in case you have a choice between "X...

[News] Tips for Linux Advocacy (from Linux-hostile Site)

I have Linux! I have Linux!
Ok, after two days of trying to get Windos 1900 installed and working , I sat down an hour ago and installed Linux. In an hour. Smirk. Ok, I will be honest. I did have some problems, but I believe they were of my own ignorance. 0) I started with trying to install Suse. However, I couldn't get it to install. Why? Because I didn't read the menu. There is a startup menu and the first entry is boot to harddisk. I thought that was the thing to do so I did it about 4 times. Then I gave up. However, I went back to it and subsequently realized that I should have chosen the 2nd menu, "Install Linux". Duh. 1) Luckily I had the 3 Fedora RC disks. So, I installed that instead (there's a twist, see bottom). Installed quickly (and I mean QUICK -- I installed the Workstation Setup and it went faster than anything I've seen) and easily EXCEPT for DSL. I sort of it remember it asking questions about networking and DSL the last time I installed it on my personal machine, but this time it installed a driver for eth0 and that's it. Ok, so I went in and deleted eth0 and installed an xDSL entry ( using eth0 as the hardware ) and set up my earthlink settings. 2) Ok, so it hooked up quick. Which is a side story. This is an ASUS motherboard with modem, NIC, video, audio on the board. It comes with a CD full of windos drivers. When windos 1900 starts up, it does an autologic and plays the little Windos noise. Then the machine pauses for 1 to 2 m...

Why linux is linux

Linux Advocacy
I'm not known in cola as a Linux Advocate, but at this time, I'd like to state publicly some things that Microsoft has done lately that have pissed me off. I had a perfectly good way of entering my password at logon by cuting & pasting it from the screen with the mouse. To me anyway, this seemed more secure than allowing some key logger or other spyware to have easy access to the logon password. It also allowed much more elaborate passwords. 1. Microsoft in it's infinite Wisdom has Removed the ability to do this in the latest SP for W2K, the "feature" Microsoft had already eliminated from WXP. 2. The latest beheading video of Nick Berg was not savable to local storage. The video is now of course available from other servers. I'm NOT interested in an OS that doesn't let me save something I'm viewing on my hardware, censorship should not be an OS function. -- # hdparm -tT /dev/: /dev/sda: Timing buffer-cache reads: 668 MB in 2.00 seconds = 333.55 MB/sec Timing buffered disk reads: 140 MB in 3.02 seconds = 46.35 MB/sec /dev/md0: Timing buffer-cache reads: 652 MB in 2.00 seconds = 325.89 MB/sec Timing buffered disk reads: 264 MB in 3.01 seconds = 87.75 MB/sec # \etc\ #: Cheers - T.G. Reaper On Mon, 17 May 2004 06:58:40 -0700, T.G.Reaper wrote: > 2. The latest beheading video of Nick Berg was not savable to local > storage. The video is now of course available from other servers. > > I'm NOT inte...

How-To...Linux Advocacy...
This is a new How-To WRT Linux advocacy. 1. Never admit Linux's faults. Learn to LIE for LIEnux. If you can't come up with a good lie, then ignore the post and don't refute it. 2. Blame the user. 3. Blame hardware. Ignore replies where the person claims the same hardware works fine with Windows. 4. Blame Microsoft. Everyone hates Microsoft so this is usually a good tactic. 5. Pull the distribution dance. If the person has problems with Mandriva (and who hasn't?) suggest Ubuntu etc.... You have 500+ different excuses so you can really run the table with this one. Keep the opponent guessing! 6. Deny, deny, deny... NEVER admit Linux has a problem...Never.... Argue tooth and nail until the Linux cabal and Calvary shows up to circle the wagons around you. 7. If you can't deny, deny, deny then just ignore the thread and let it stand as is... This works well when you have lying, so called LIEnux advocates who are obviously lying... This way the opposition can't accuse you of siding with known liars. There are 10k more..... Feel free to add... -- flatfish+++ Please visit our hall of Linux idiots. http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/ Watching Linux Fail: http://limuxwatch.blogspot.com/ Linux's dismal desktop market share: http://royal.pingdom.com/2011/05/12/the-top-20-strongholds-for-desktop-linux/ Desktop Linux: The Dream Is Dead "By the time Microsoft released the Windows 7 beta in January 2009, Linux had clearly lost its chance at de...

My Linux is not your Linux

Where is the Linux Advocacy?
Reading this group it should have been named "linux suicide group." or "Depressed Linux users" or maybe "Windows Advocacy?" It is like every group becomes camping site for the adversaries of the groups subjects. Well I for one have Linux Ubuntu 11.04 and it kicks some serious ass on both Windows and Mac. The Unity GUI is surpassing the other two. It can self-repair and it can be made to change GUI in the upstart or from the shut down menu. When more instances of a program is open in the dock, then the dock will mark how many and when you press the button all instances will spread out on the desktop, where You can choose. A speciality is the "Windows install" option where Ubuntu is installed as a program in Windows. It integrates a disc image of the Linux system, embedded in the NTFS Windows-file system and can be removed in the "Programs" uninstall option. It will take about 3 seconds. Then another distro can be ready for install. By installing virtual Clonedrive in Windows You don't even need to burn an install disk. You just mount the iso file and install from the Windows desktop. Can Windows and OS X do that???NO!!! Jens On May 7, 11:48=A0pm, Lyrik <jenserikb...@gmail.com> wrote: > Reading this group it should have been named "linux suicide group." or > "Depressed Linux users" or maybe "Windows Advocacy?" > It is like every group becomes camping site for the adversaries ...

Linux Brochure Project (LBP)--Linux Advocacy & Publicity
Your organization may be interested in the Linux Brochure Project hosted on SourceForge. This project was developed because the Victoria Linux User Group (VLUG) wanted to produce their brochure using open source tools rather than proprietary ones. We registered it at SourceForge so that any Linux LUG and other advocacy groups could use the software to produce their own brochure. This project has been written up by LWN (http://lwn.net/Articles/51938/). See below for project details. Barbara Irwin Publicity Coordinator, VLUG ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ The Linux Brochure Project (LBP) is GPLed data and software which is used to document key Linux information in a standard-size brochure (two sides of a single letter-sized or A4 sheet of paper that is Z-folded into the six mini-pages of the brochure). Four key features of this project make it an excellent advocacy and publicity tool for LUGS and Linux organizations: 1) the project data and software are GPLed; 2) all software tools used to build the LBP brochures are open source; 3) the brochure can be customized to fit individual requirements of LUGs and other Linux organizations; and 4) the software produces an attractive brochure. Currently there are two versions of the brochure -- a "Linus" version, which features famous quotes from Linus and a VLUG version, which has been adopted as the Victoria Linux Users Group official brochure...

COLA is full of fanatic Linux Zealots. Look Elsewhere for Linux Advocacy.
I tried a little experiment and that was to post to COLA making certain to agree with the usual morons like Schestowitz, [Homer], Terry Porter and so forth. I was very careful to make certain that I did not set them off by posting controversial information. IOW I became a COLA "Stepford wife" for a week or so. It was extremely difficult to accomplish because the list of so called Linux "advocates", at least that is what they call themselves, is small in number but high on their own special form of bullshit. Then *ON PURPOSE* , that part is important for those who like to...

the new computer -os-linux+advocacy in 2008
gwedfw edhklsc jfdh fefgh n http://www.freewebs.com/thuiss/ http://indianfriendfinder.com/go/g924418-pmem ...

Are Linux Lusers Really Displaced Locksmiths? (Foley Belsaw School of Linux Advocacy)
Does Foley Belsaw have a school for Linux lusers like they do for Locksmith lusers? If not, they should! It could be a real money maker IMHO. On Thursday 22 September 2005 00:11 Lisa Cottmann wrote: > Does Foley Belsaw Nono Susan - I'm sure Foley doesn't cross post. Please stop, silly girl. Bill "Lisa Cottmann" <lisa_cottmann@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1127344265.713851.255270@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Does Foley Belsaw have a school for Linux lusers like they do for > Locksmith lusers? > > If not, they should! > > It coul...

Lowering The Boom on False Linux Advocacy. Was Nvidia. Was Linux vs Windows 7.
Zealots and cults are bad no matter what their cause may be. They do little to further the acceptance of their POV and in fact tend to do harm to the legitimate portions of the cause. All cults and thus the zealots that comprise them are based in some form of truth and reality. The cult of Linux is no different in this matter. One thing about a cult and the cultists themselves is that it is generally trivial for lucid people to expose them for what they really are. In the case of the Linux cult, the misguided people who believe they are edifying Linux are easy to expose. I posted a factual message, backed up by screen shots, demonstrating a defect in Linux, specifically Ubuntu and kUbuntu but not limited to those distributions. The effect was already a known factor and the Linux cultists did not disappoint at all. They swarmed the enemy, me, with their own form of misguided lies, IOW using the Intel driver, or using the Display configuration utility, without even bothering to read the message or look at the screen shots where it was plainly obvious I was not talking about Intel nor did the Display application even recognize that 2 monitors was installed so that was a lost cause. Then we have the "you didn't enable xinerama" as if this has anything to do with the problem. Hint: the nvidia settings program works fine. It just won't parse and properly update the xorg file so the correctly working twinview will not survive a re-boot. This i...

20 years of Linux Advocacy, who are those self anointed Linux "advocates"?
Most lies told: Roy "Spammer" Spamowitz (10 ahead of Liarmutt) Rudest poster: Peter K�hlmann (called people "retards" 289 times/ "idiot' 512 times), <Tattoo Vampire just has to try harder!> Thickest poster: (W)Ron(g)B (awarded for life btw as obviously no one is ever going to pip him). Pettiest "Net Nanny" and most pursing of lips: Willy "Filters" Boaster, ex aequo chrisv / HPT Poster most liable to send you to sleep: Rex Ballard Most incomprehensible poster: Jebbediah Biggest "it's ok to steal things" GPL offender: Andrew "I have a degree" Halliwell Poster most up his own arse: Mark Kent Most paranoid clown: [Homer] Most useless poster (20 gigabytes of other peoples work) : High Plains Rafael/Thumper/Wendy. Poster most likely to be put in a strait jacket and carted off : 7. Lifetime stupidity award: Terry Telnet and Gortard (hard to decide who's the biggest cretin.) -- Desktop Linux: The Dream Is Dead "By the time Microsoft released the Windows 7 beta in January 2009, Linux had clearly lost its chance at desktop glory." [............] "Ultimately, Linux is doomed on the desktop because of a critical lack of content. And that lack of content owes its existence to two key factors: the fragmentation of the Linux platform, and the fierce ideology of the open-source community at large." http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/207999/desktop_linux_the_dream_is_dead.h...

A bit of Linux Advocacy...
And by "a bit", i mean a small amount. I just spent 3 days struggling with getting Ubuntu 7.10 installed and functioning correctly on a pretty run-of-the-mill configuration. Core 2 Duo E6300 MSI P965 Neo-F Motherboard 4GB DDR2 160GB SATA Drive nVidia GeForce 7100 GS 256MB (dual head) USB Speakers USB Keyboard/Mouse 1 Gateway FPD2485W 24" Moniotr (1920x1200) 1 Acer AL1917W 19" Monitor (1440x900) Let's start from the beginning. Everything went smooth with the download and burning of the CD. So, I put the CD in the drive and booted up to a nice Ubuntu boot menu. I ...

Linux Advocacy #2
Hahahaha, I laughed at this article. The truth about Linux advocacy, or lack of real advocacy. Here, its all about jumping up and down on those you disagree with. http://library.n0i.net/advocacy/ba-dladv/ wjbell wrote: > Hahahaha, I laughed at this article. The truth about Linux advocacy, > or lack of real advocacy. Here, its all about jumping up and down on > those you disagree with. > > http://library.n0i.net/advocacy/ba-dladv/ > Linux doesn't need advocacy. The benefits are obvious. It's only Microsoft that has to spend money to get people to buy it's products. Cut Across Shorty wrote: > wjbell wrote: > > Hahahaha, I laughed at this article. The truth about Linux advocacy, > > or lack of real advocacy. Here, its all about jumping up and down on > > those you disagree with. > > > > http://library.n0i.net/advocacy/ba-dladv/ > > > > Linux doesn't need advocacy. > > The benefits are obvious. > > It's only Microsoft that has to spend money to get people to buy it's > products. I Suppose Linux advocacy needs people like you does it. The biggest clown on Usenet today. The only way you get people talk to you, is to constantly nym shift or talk to your wife Relf. Moonlight Strip Club, Str. Magaziei, nr. 19, Cluj-Napoca wrote: > Cut Across Shorty wrote: > >>wjbell wrote: >> >>>Hahahaha, I laughed at this article. The truth about L...

Financial Linux Advocacy
One thing I wonder is: why does the price of M$ remain so high when clearly it is losing large marketshare worldwide. Since 2000, most of Asia has launched aggressive Linux programs. The governments of India, Brazil and Munich have signed up for Linux. Europe is almost wholly Linux. So, it would seem to me that MSFT would be worth significantly less than in 2000. My guess is the problem is you. That's right you -- the members of COLA. Because many of you probably have money invested in tech mutual funds via 401k's that are heavily invested in Microsoft. This forms a kind of /rock/ of investment that will not budge with the realities of the marketplace until it's too late and the big crash happens. So, I ask you, Linux Advocate: 1. Do you have money invested in Tech funds? 2. Is MSFT a component of those funds? Are you not therefore sponsoring Microsft and helping to make Gate$ and Balmey, the people who want you to have less money, even richer ???? -- Jute for Bush '04 Everything Jute ! wrote: > One thing I wonder is: why does the price of M$ remain so high when > clearly > it is losing large marketshare worldwide. Most money invested is not done by knowledgeable investors. If you recall 1999, hi-tech was growing at 100% during that year. Then in 2000 when the investment firms posted the yearly returns, that is when most people looked at their 401s to adjust it, and looking at the graphs, the greed-factor kicked-in... why put your...

Request for Linux Advocacy
I have been reading and posting in COLA for a bit... and I have been honest about my background and my views: * I know OS X and XP very well... and prefer OS X * I have worked some with Linux, especially Ubuntu, and find that while it has some advantages I still believe OS X serves many, if not most, users better I have stated my reasons - or at least some of them - for my views, and I have asked others to *advocate* for Linux: to state what distro would fit requirements I have found help new and non-techy users *or* list things I did not think of that would help this group. For the most part I got very weak answers, though the concepts of price, ease of software install through repositories, and choice were mentioned (and maybe some others: those were the main ones but I would have to check to make sure I did not leave out anyone's pet feature). Price and software repositories seem pretty clear - even though OS X does link to its own software site that allows for pretty easy access to a great deal of software. Choice, on the other hand, does not seem to be as easy to support... I have asked how this helps users and, frankly, the answers have been pretty weak. It seems to be much more of a philosophical "benefit" than any real benefit to the user - though, of course, there are both pros and cons to having more options. Overall, it seems at best to be a wash (though, of course, it depends on the exact needs!). Jamie Hart: I appreciate your comments eve...

The Linux Advocacy Bible
This group,comp.os.linux.advocacy, has become an absolute farce and is nothing more than a troll infested flame fest with little or no advocacy taking place. It seems that the so called Linux advocates, if there even is such a thing in COLA, are following the same script day in and day out. Here is what passes for advocacy in COLA. 1.The distribution switcheroo. If a person has troubles with Mandrake, suggest SuSE. If troubles with SuSE suggest Redhat and on and on. It;'s a never ending battle. 2. The dependency switcheroo. If a person has dependency problems with Mandrake suggest...

So what does Linux advocacy do for your career?
I work as a recruiter, some would say a head hunter. I look at the losers in cola and wonder who do they work for? Do they work at all? Is it all some kind of joke? And so forth. For example, a loser like Roy Schestowitz. A quick Google search shows him interested in everything from 12 year old girls to barnyard animals. Obviously he is none of that however just the fact that he shows up as willing to cut his testicles off for Linux demonstrates a certain weirdness that most companies do not want to deal with. Bottom line is don't post using your real name. Arizona Freak stated in post j59430$eu4$1@speranza.aioe.org on 9/19/11 9:16 PM: > I work as a recruiter, some would say a head hunter. > I look at the losers in cola and wonder who do they work for? > Do they work at all? > Is it all some kind of joke? > And so forth. > > For example, a loser like Roy Schestowitz. A quick Google search > shows him interested in everything from 12 year old girls to > barnyard animals. Ok, I do not want to know anything about his private life - but has he posted this publicly and linked to it from COLA or his false "advocate" FUD site? If he is interested in 12 year old girls it would explain his support for Stallman. > Obviously he is none of that however just the fact that he shows up > as willing to cut his testicles off for Linux demonstrates a certain > weirdness that most companies do not want to deal with. > > Bottom lin...

Recipe for Linux Advocacy
Recipe for Linux Advocacy 1 16-oz can of sauerkraut. 1/4 lb broccoli, finely chopped. 1/4 lb cauliflower 1 cup of whole bran Boil the mixture until well cooked. Eat as much as you can with a large glass of prune juice. The next morning you will drop the largest smelliest most disgusting shit you have ever had. Name this disgusting nasty shit "chrisv" and congratulations - you have just created a "linux advocate." Make sure to flush twice. On Thu, 28 Jul 2011 09:40:53 -0400, Linux Solutions wrote: > Recipe for Linux Advocacy > > 1 16-oz can of sauerkraut. > 1/4 lb broccoli, finely chopped. > 1/4 lb cauliflower > 1 cup of whole bran > > Boil the mixture until well cooked. Eat as much as you can with a large > glass of prune juice. > > The next morning you will drop the largest smelliest most disgusting shit > you have ever had. > > Name this disgusting nasty shit "chrisv" and congratulations - you have just > created a "linux advocate." > > Make sure to flush twice. A friend of mine who used to work for the airlines as a pilot told me that there was a frequent flyer who used to do something like that, apparently. He would stink out the plane's lavatory so bad that the crew couldn't contain it. Apparently he flew a lot and became some kind of urban legend in the airline industry. They called him "the mad shitter" and nobod...

Linux advocacy #4
Well, guess what I had to do to a friends computer yesterday that I didn�t have to do to any of mine. -- Norman Registered Linux user #461062 AMD64X2 6400+ Ubuntu 10.04 64bit Norman Peelman wrote: > Well, guess what I had to do to a friends computer yesterday that I >didn�t have to do to any of mine. Reinstall WinDOS? On 12/22/2011 8:25 AM, Norman Peelman wrote: > Well, guess what I had to do to a friends computer yesterday that I > didn�t have to do to any of mine. Enjoy using it. On 2011-12-22, Norman Peelman <npeelmandog@cfl.rr.com> claimed: > Well, guess what I had to do to a friends computer yesterday that I > didn´t have to do to any of mine. Install linux on it if you were doing them a favor. -- I xeroxed a mirror, now I have an extra copier. Aspire One, Linux Mint (Debian) Friends don't let friends use Windows On 12/22/2011 08:37 AM, chrisv wrote: > Norman Peelman wrote: > >> Well, guess what I had to do to a friends computer yesterday that I >> didn�t have to do to any of mine. > > Reinstall WinDOS? > Came damned close... the wonderful (and not found on Linux) �System Fix� malware reared its ugly head. Easily removed but it destroyed the users desktop environment before it was eradicated... removed/disabled all visual GUI elements besides (and including in) the taskbar/StartMenu. Of course they were running 'as administrator' with no password in Vista. -- Nor...

why does linux need advocacy?
Hi cheerleaders, Hackers do what they do cause they want to. They don't need cheerleading. On Sat, 08 Oct 2005 22:09:39 +0000, top quark wrote: > Hi cheerleaders, > > Hackers do what they do cause they want to. They don't need > cheerleading. What's your point? -- rapskat - 18:58:47 up 15:17, 1 user, load average: 0.09, 0.10, 0.22 I'm not tense, just terribly, terribly alert. On 2005-10-08, rapskat <rapskat@gmail.com> wrote: > On Sat, 08 Oct 2005 22:09:39 +0000, top quark wrote: > >> Hi cheerleaders, >> >> Hackers do wh...

Web resources about - Linux advocacy leaflets - comp.os.linux.advocacy

Advocacy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Advocacy is a political process by an individual or group which aims to influence decisions within political, economic, and social systems and ...

Facebook Has Favored Status Among Advocacy Experts
Advocacy experts, technology companies and grassroots organizers are meeting in Miami to share stories about Facebook and social media’s role ...

Open letter to Mark Zuckerberg on Net Neutrality advocacy in India
You have said that “connecting the world is one of the greatest challenges of our generation.” We all agree. We also believe that a connectivity ...

Facebook career postings: open source advocacy, data center security, ads risk analysis, sales and more ...
Facebook added 13 job listings to its careers page this week, although one is a renamed position not a new opening, and another for an auto account ...

PP Advocacy Fund MA (@PPAdvocacyMA) on Twitter

All sizes - Design thinking for advocacy - Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Environmental Advocacy Journalist Emily Hunter at Clarkson University - YouTube
Environmental advocacy journalist Emily Hunter, daughter of Green Peace co-founder Bob Hunter, spoke at Clarkson University and delivered a message ...

Strong advocacy for Bali pair has strayed into dangerous territory
The campaign being waged on behalf of Chan and Sukumaran in Australia remains undaunted.

Advocacy group says residents who live near a rail station should pay more rates
If you benefit from living near public transport, you should help pay for it, one high-profile Sydney committee says.

Safe Schools Coalition is more about LGBTI advocacy than making schools safer
Under the guise of anti-bullying, the Safe Schools Coalition is promoting a radical view of gender and sexuality.