Linux Handhelds Running Linux/Apache/MYSQL/PHP?: Linux IPODS?

Hello there,

Are there any out-of-the box handhelds that run Linux/Apache/MYSQL and
PHP?  Does Redhat, Suse, or Gentoo support any handhelds?

I know the Zaurus comes close, but I've heard people have problems
running LAMP applications on it.

What would be the best way to build a Linux-powered ipod-like device?

I hope this isn't off topic for this group--the more places Linux
runs, the better off we all are!

Please advise.

Thanks!

On Wed, 08 Sep 2004 21:30:08 -0700, Ranger West wrote:

> Hello there,
>
> Are there any out-of-the box handhelds that run Linux/Apache/MYSQL and
> PHP?  Does Redhat, Suse, or Gentoo support any handhelds?

The closest you would get is a fully fledged tablet PC running Linux. I'm
not aware of any that come with Linux out of the box.

That's a very hefty configuration there, by conventional PDA standards.

> I know the Zaurus comes close, but I've heard people have problems
> running LAMP applications on it.
>
> What would be the best way to build a Linux-powered ipod-like device?
>
> I hope this isn't off topic for this group--the more places Linux runs,
> the better off we all are!

It's most certainly on-topic.

--
Mathew M. <mathew@spiesNOSPAMareus.yi.org>
GPG public key ID: 0x3DDC1413

This post contains a chemical or chemicals known to the state of California
to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm. This (these)
chemical(s) may be harmful to your health.

0
me4 (19624)
9/9/2004 9:22:37 AM
Ranger West wrote:
> Hello there,
>
> Are there any out-of-the box handhelds that run Linux/Apache/MYSQL and
> PHP?  Does Redhat, Suse, or Gentoo support any handhelds?

I don't think any of the great distributions supports handhelds
at the present day, but there are some distributions from other
companies that can run on Linux-enabled handheld devices.

> I know the Zaurus comes close, but I've heard people have problems
> running LAMP applications on it.

I have run Linux applications ported to Windows CE in my
Cassiopea some time ago, before I changed to Palm. There was
a place in Internet where you had a lot of GNU applications
ported to Windows CE, but as far as I can remember no LAMP
applications yet.

--

Jose Maria Lopez Hernandez
Director Tecnico de bgSEC

like fabulous yellow Roman candles.
                 -- Jack Kerouac, "On the Road"
0
jkerouac (1287)
9/9/2004 4:10:57 PM
On Wed, 08 Sep 2004 21:30:08 -0700, Ranger West wrote:

> Hello there,
>
> Are there any out-of-the box handhelds that run Linux/Apache/MYSQL and
> PHP?  Does Redhat, Suse, or Gentoo support any handhelds?
>
> I know the Zaurus comes close, but I've heard people have problems
> running LAMP applications on it.

The Zaurus doesn't just "come close", it's right there.  I've had no
problems at all running LAMP apps on the Z.  The Z uses Opera as its
browser, and if one can get around the screensize issues, it runs the same
as a full size desktop system.

Frankly, I'm a little surprised that the Z hasn't really took off.  I
suppose many people who are looking for just a PDA have little knowledge
or need of the full capabilities of this little gem.

With what you are referring to, it really has nothing much to do with the
client, but the server.  The server system is the one that handles the
heavy lifting, all the client does is display the results, which is the
beauty of LAMP apps.

Unless you mean actually using the Z *as* a LAMP server?  In that case,
though I'm sure it could be done, one must ask the question, "why?"

> What would be the best way to build a Linux-powered ipod-like device?

That's a huge fish to tackle...do you mean software or hardware wise, or
both?

> I hope this isn't off topic for this group--the more places Linux runs,
> the better off we all are!
>
> Please advise.

You may want to take a peek here...

http://www.linuxdevices.com

> Thanks!
0
rapskat1 (317)
9/9/2004 4:36:42 PM
On 8 Sep 2004 21:30:08 -0700, Ranger West wrote:
> Hello there,
>
> Are there any out-of-the box handhelds that run Linux/Apache/MYSQL and
> PHP?  Does Redhat, Suse, or Gentoo support any handhelds?
>
> I know the Zaurus comes close, but I've heard people have problems
> running LAMP applications on it.
>
> What would be the best way to build a Linux-powered ipod-like device?
>
> I hope this isn't off topic for this group--the more places Linux
> runs, the better off we all are!
>
> Please advise.

I have no doubt the Zaurus can do it, but you might want to try LAPP
(postgresql instead of MySQL) otherwise the stench of fecal decay in your
pocket will deter any conversation.

--
FreeBSD 4.8-RELEASE i386
11:55AM  up 172 days,  3:58, 1 user, load averages: 0.14, 0.03, 0.01
Rapskat <rapskat@mailblocks.com> wrote in message news:<pan.2004.09.09.20.47.39.497753@mailblocks.com>...
> On Wed, 08 Sep 2004 21:30:08 -0700, Ranger West wrote:
>
> > Hello there,
> >
> > Are there any out-of-the box handhelds that run Linux/Apache/MYSQL and
> > PHP?  Does Redhat, Suse, or Gentoo support any handhelds?
> >
> > I know the Zaurus comes close, but I've heard people have problems
> > running LAMP applications on it.
>
> The Zaurus doesn't just "come close", it's right there.  I've had no
> problems at all running LAMP apps on the Z.  The Z uses Opera as its
> browser, and if one can get around the screensize issues, it runs the same
> as a full size desktop system.
>
> Frankly, I'm a little surprised that the Z hasn't really took off.  I
> suppose many people who are looking for just a PDA have little knowledge
> or need of the full capabilities of this little gem.
>
> With what you are referring to, it really has nothing much to do with the
> client, but the server.  The server system is the one that handles the
> heavy lifting, all the client does is display the results, which is the
> beauty of LAMP apps.
>
> Unless you mean actually using the Z *as* a LAMP server?  In that case,
> though I'm sure it could be done, one must ask the question, "why?"

What about the article on the Zaurus: "The Hard Way / How Not
to Build a Linux PDA" <http://www.linux-mag.com/2004-05/hard_01.html>
written by someone involved heavily with the Zaurus efforts, which
have essentially failed.

HE HARD WAY
How Not to Build a Linux PDA
by Jason Perlow

Last month, I touched a little bit on HP's screwed up Linux PDA
initiative, but perhaps I was a bit too harsh. Sure, they have a
research arm that's completely underutilized and they have absolutely
no clue as how to turn those efforts into a product, but HP is in no
way unique in their absence from the PDA and Linux device cluetrain.
For the most part, the entire industry needs a swift kick in the head
to see how to build and market a successful Linux handheld and to
learn how to properly support open source PDA developers. I learned
how the hard way, and here's my painful perspective on the whole
shebang.

A Painful Lesson

From December of 2002 through February 2003, I was Software Developer
Liaison for Sharp's Electronics' Zaurus, probably the first handheld
Linux device to enjoy any commercial success at all (although its
success has been extremely limited, and at the end of the day, only
the hardcore Linux faithful have remained loyal to the product.)

While I can't go into detail about how many units were sold in the
United States, it was considerably lower than most public estimates.
Within the first six months of the product's launch, it was banished
from superstore shelves, the product was re-purposed as an overpriced
enterprise handheld for vertical market applications, and then was
only for sale by a handful of resellers and small system integrators.
Currently, the only way to get a new Zaurus is to import one directly
from Japan through a handful of "grey market" resellers for about
$600-$800. Today, Sharp is still trying to find to a way to yet again
re-purpose the machine and generate interest.

jollyrogership@yahoo.com (Ranger West) wrote in message news:<c4449572.0409091905.6881844e@posting.google.com>...
> Rapskat <rapskat@mailblocks.com> wrote in message news:<pan.2004.09.09.20.47.39.497753@mailblocks.com>...
> > On Wed, 08 Sep 2004 21:30:08 -0700, Ranger West wrote:
> >
> > > Hello there,
> > >
> > > Are there any out-of-the box handhelds that run Linux/Apache/MYSQL and
> > > PHP?  Does Redhat, Suse, or Gentoo support any handhelds?
> > >
> > > I know the Zaurus comes close, but I've heard people have problems
> > > running LAMP applications on it.
> >
> > The Zaurus doesn't just "come close", it's right there.  I've had no
> > problems at all running LAMP apps on the Z.  The Z uses Opera as its
> > browser, and if one can get around the screensize issues, it runs the same
> > as a full size desktop system.

In many ways, Zaurus was "too much" machine for what turned out to be
a very low price.  Zaurus users had the full capabilities of Linux, in
a hand-held.  When you added a Flash WiFi card, and a 128 meg SDRam,
you had a very powerful machine that you could take anywhere.

> > Frankly, I'm a little surprised that the Z hasn't really took off.  I
> > suppose many people who are looking for just a PDA have little knowledge
> > or need of the full capabilities of this little gem.

I'm not.  Keep in mind that Microsoft finances the flooring of several
products, including much of the game software, which amounts to about
$200 million worth of flooring in each of those superstore chains.
When a product comes that they don't like, there's lots of pressure to
pull it off the market.  When the Zaurus came out, the Ipaq was in
short supply, and everybody wanted one.  If you were too good at
selling the Zaurus, you might not get anymore Ipaqs.  The laptop
makers weren't too keen on the Zaurus either, because it not only
competed for IT dollars, but it could quickly have became the
"computer of choice" on airplanes and trains for consultants and
commuters.

IBM offered a version of the Sharp Zaurus,

There was also a bit of concern that the Zaurus might threaten the
adoption of Java on PDAs.

Quite simply, it reminded me of the Atari ST series.  When the Atari
first came out, it was so far ahead of the available competition that
a number of different forces united to block it's entry to the market.
 IBM and Compaq flooded the FCC Emissions testing facility with board
configurations, which delayed testing and certification of the Atari
1040 ST beyond it's market window.  They did the same thing to the
Commodore Amiga.

IBM now sells the Palm Tungsten E, T3, and C as well as the Zire 21.

No mention of the Zaurus anymore.

There are times when someone jumps too far ahead in the technology
race, the Zaurus was one of those jumps.

Other Linux PDAs

r.e.ballard (1110)
9/10/2004 7:51:25 PM
On Thu, 09 Sep 2004 20:05:08 -0700, Ranger West wrote:

>> Frankly, I'm a little surprised that the Z hasn't really took off.  I
>> suppose many people who are looking for just a PDA have little
>> knowledge or need of the full capabilities of this little gem.

<snip>

> What about the article on the Zaurus: "The Hard Way / How Not to Build a
> Linux PDA" <http://www.linux-mag.com/2004-05/hard_01.html> written by
> someone involved heavily with the Zaurus efforts, which have essentially
> failed.

See, here is the issue....

I *love* the Z.  I think it's the best little piece of tux-powered
portable technology on the market.

However, the Z's strengths are not as a PDA, even though it is marketed as
one.  If all you want is a really good PDA, then get a Palm.

If you are looking for something with the power and flexibility of a full
sized Linux box that you can put in your pocket and take with you
anywhere, then you need a Z.

--
rapskat - 15:01:16 up 2 days, 19:00,  5 users,  load average: 0.69, 0.45, 0.38
Execute every act of thy life as though it were thy last.

0
rapskat1 (317)
9/12/2004 7:05:29 PM
Rapskat wrote:
> On Thu, 09 Sep 2004 20:05:08 -0700, Ranger West wrote:
>
>>> Frankly, I'm a little surprised that the Z hasn't really took off.
>>> I suppose many people who are looking for just a PDA have little
>>> knowledge or need of the full capabilities of this little gem.
>>>
> <snip>
>>
>> What about the article on the Zaurus: "The Hard Way / How Not to
>> Build a Linux PDA" <http://www.linux-mag.com/2004-05/hard_01.html>
>> written by someone involved heavily with the Zaurus efforts, which
>> have essentially failed.
>
> See, here is the issue....
>
> I *love* the Z.  I think it's the best little piece of tux-powered
> portable technology on the market.
>
> However, the Z's strengths are not as a PDA, even though it is
> marketed as one.  If all you want is a really good PDA, then get a
> Palm.
>
> If you are looking for something with the power and flexibility of a
> full sized Linux box that you can put in your pocket and take with you
> anywhere, then you need a Z.

An Intel X-Scale 400 processor and 64MB of SDRAM does have "the power and
flexibility of a full sized Linux box."

Only $700US, from Sharp.

Compare to the PalmOne Tungsten C, for $349US, from Newegg.
http://www.palmone.com/us/products/handhelds/tungsten-c/tungsten_c_ds.pdf

From: http://www.linux-mag.com/2004-05/hard_01.html

"...Sharp's Electronics' Zaurus, probably the first handheld Linux device to
enjoy any commercial success at all (although its success has been extremely
limited, and at the end of the day, only the hardcore Linux faithful have
remained loyal to the product.)"

I wonder what they mean by that ?

0
sheenan (1077)

Linux, Linux, Linux

My Linux is not your Linux
To the denizens of comp.os.linux.advocacy! So many people demonstrate in this newsgroup that they know only a Linux of Hatred and Greed, of paranoia, and of a selfish sense of entitlement. They seem always to be behaving like monkeys in reaction to human dissenters, throwing feces at one another and beating their chests pretending to know something. My Linux is not that Linux. My Linux is the Linux of Love, of sharing, friendship, community. It is a uniquely human Linux and not one for monkeys. When I speak with fellow Linux users in real life (i.e. not in the monkeyhouse of COLA) they remin...

Why linux is linux

Linux!! Linux!!
From http://groups.google.ca/group/comp.os.linux.misc/about This month 16 t...@invalid.invalid 15 ahlstr...@launchmodem.com 14 goldee_loxnbag...@gmail.com 10 jhas...@newsguy.com 9 mil...@yoyo.org 9 hel...@deepsoft.com 9 hadronqu...@gmail.com 8 ronb02nos...@gmail.com 7 secret...@lxny.org 7 ignoramus8...@nospam.8345.invalid All time 5421 p...@oboe.it.uc3m.es 4508 michael+use...@www.heiming.de 3530 j...@dhh.gt.org 3066 hel...@deepsoft.com 2991 nike_jordan_...@yahoo.com.cn 2651 jdbe...@exit109.com 2474 gra...@visi.com 2216 nikejordangoo...@hotmail.com 1890 rkiesl...@mainmatte...

I have Linux! I have Linux!

Using iPod on a Linux PC (NOT running Linux on iPod)
(Couldn't find an iPod newsgroup...sorry if this is an inappropriate place to post.) I've an iPod (20GB 4th gen) that I'd like to use with my PC at work, which uses Linux (Fedora Core 3.) Even if it's just as a "removeable drive" (obviously I wouldn't expect iTunes to work.) Searching for info, all I can find is info regarding running Linux ON the iPod, not plugging an iPod as-is into a Linux PC. Does anyone have any info they can point me to regarding this? Thanks! Liam ["Followup-To:" header set to comp.os.linux.misc.] On 10 Aug 2005 09:58:26 -07...

ssh over php from w2k to linux hangs (linux to linux ok)
Hello, I am trying to make some bash-scripts, that are to be executed on remote linux-boxes available to some Windows users over a php-interface. To require no interaction from the part of the windows users, I installed cygwin, generated rsa-keys and copied the public key on the server. I also changed the user, running the apache service appropriately and I added cygwin/bin to this users path. So, executing "ssh user@server something" worked using the cygwin-bash or the windows CLI. However, if I execute a php-script containing a "system" or "proc_open" with th...

[News] Mobile Linux Runs Palm OS Applications; New 3G Linux Phones; Open Linux Phone Made More Attractive
Mobile Linux running Palm OS apps demoed ,----[ Quote ] | Access hopes ALP and its Eclipse-based Developer Suite will | provide a long-awaited forward migration path for the many | thousands of "Garnet OS" (recently renamed from "Palm OS") | applications developed throughout the decades since "Palm-Pilot" | first became a household word, in the 1980s. `---- http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS2968683379.html Linux powers pair of 3G dual-mode phones ,----[ Quote ] | MontaVista says its device-oriented Linux operating system was | used in two new 3G business sma...

[News] Linux, Linux, Linux at Acer (Phones and Tablets)

[News] [Linux] New Versions of Engarde Secure Linux, Core Linux, OpenTLE (Thai Linux)
EnGarde Secure Linux 3.0.14 Released ,----[ Quote ] | A fully functional secure Linux platform distribution, this release | features a vastly improved intrusion detection Attack Monitor. `---- http://www.linuxlookup.com/2007/may/04/engarde_secure_linux_3_0_14_released Core GNU/Linux 2.0 Released! ,----[ Quote ] | Core contains nothing beyond what is required to perform these tasks. | Core is primarily designed for experienced Linux users, though it has | found an audience with those looking to learn about the internals | and operation of a Linux system. `---- http://www.coredistro.org/ne...

[News] [Linux] The Linux Foundation Improves Linux Printing
Linux Foundation Improves Printing Functionality in Linux With LSB Driver Development Kit ,----[ Quote ] | "The LSB DDK is a direct result of our workgroup efforts and will | make it easier to create distribution-independent printer driver | packages," said Till Kamppeter, OpenPrinting.org manager, The | Linux Foundation. `---- http://new.marketwire.com/2.0/rel.jsp?id=741867&sourceType=1 Related: Real-time Linux simulates toner motion for printer design ,----[ Quote ] | Concurrent reports that its commercial, real-time Linux | implementation for multi-processor AMD Opter...

Linux, linux, you mutter...
Vagrants, scaliwags and bums. That's what you advocates are. Drunk old men, wearing jute pants in the alley. LeeLee Sobiesky looks elegant in this picture: http://www.leeleesobieski.com/pics/lld/lld12.jpg -- Kent East Hill for Bush '04 Death to Kent West Hillians !!! DEATH TO KENT WEST HILL wrote: > > Vagrants, scaliwags and bums. > > That's what you advocates are. > > Drunk old men, wearing jute pants in the alley. > > LeeLee Sobiesky looks elegant in this picture: > > http://www.leeleesobieski.com/pics/lld/lld12.jpg > What is sh...

Newbie
I am new to using the net to access a database as well as php, so details (or a reference containing them) would be very helpful. I have made my living for the last 8 years doing DBA/applications where the access was via telnet/ssh to the machine with the database on it, so I'm fairly familiar with the database side. I'm interested in two cases of the subject: with the apache-php on the same machine as the db2 and also where the two servers are different. I noted that there is a --with-db2 compile option, but the syntax suggests it only works in the case where the db2 ...

Linux Could NOT Have Invented Linux
The current view in Western technology is that Linus Torvalds invented Linux. Nothing could be further from the truth. The technical complexity and useability of Linux make it beyond the capability of what man could produce using the tools available in 1992. My theory is that Ancient Astronauts descended from the sky on 'Chariots of the Gods' and showed Linus *how* to write an Operating System. These alien visitors must have appeared as strange to the young Torvalds, and so he may have mistaken them for carpet vendors. -- w:04 On Tue, 08 Jun 2004 14:28:27 GMT, Erich Von ...

The non-Linux Linux
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNU_Hurd http://www.archhurd.org/ The Hurd aims to surpass the Unix kernel in functionality, security, and stability, while remaining largely compatible with it. Can this compete with the now Google-backed Linux kernel? taka0038@gmail.com wrote: > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNU_Hurd > > http://www.archhurd.org/ > > The Hurd aims to surpass the Unix kernel in functionality, security, and > stability, while remaining largely compatible with it. > > Can this compete with the now Google-backed Linux kernel? Yes. In a...

[News] Everything in Mobile Devices is Linux, Linux, Linux....
Better Than Kindle? ,----[ Quote ] | While I'm thinking about all the things I'd do with it, this is what comes to | my mind: this thing cost around $400. There are few other devices that cost | that much these days: | | * Nokia N810 | * Asus eeePC 701 | * OLPC `---- http://justanystuff.blogspot.com/2007/12/better-than-kindle.html Here's a good early look at Android: Hands on with Android: XML Parsing ,----[ Quote ] | Here is an XML parser that I created to showcase Android’s UI. It retrieves | NBA, MLB and NFL scores off of my web server. The true beauty is ...

[News] [Linux] XBMC Media Center Ported to Linux, Joost Already Running on Linux
XBMC recruiting developers for Linux port ,----[ Quote ] | The goal is for this to become a full port of XBMC containing all the | features and functions available in the Xbox version of XBMC. This is a | huge task which is why we are making this public request, seeking C/C++ | programmers to volunteer in assisting us with this Linux porting | development project. `---- http://www.xboxmediacenter.com/ Joost on Linux: it's difficult, but possible ,----[ Quote ] | Although the methods that people are using right now to get Joost | working on Linux are very hackish, one should keep in mi...

[News] [Linux] Innovative Audio-based Handheld Runs Linux
Where a Screen Isn't an Option, a Hand-Held Uses Audio ,----[ Quote ] | The Linux-based Icon, which comes with a rechargeable lithium-ion | battery, runs on an Intel 520-megahertz XScale processor and has | 256 megabytes of internal flash memory, along with a MiniSD card | slot to add more storage. `---- http://www.nytimes.com/2007/06/07/technology/07blind.html?ex=1182312000&en=00cdad25edafa261&ei=5099&partner=TOPIXNEWS Related: IBM helps blind 'see' web video ,----[ Quote ] | Technology giant, IBM, is soon to launch a multimedia browser to make | audio and vid...

[News] Interviews: Linux Foundation Head on Linux Success; EnGarde Secure Linux Leader on Linux as Primary Solution
Q&A: Jim Zemlin touts the 'second phase' of Linux ,----[ Quote ] | The passion that Ubuntu generates is good for Red Hat and other vendors. We | need to keep our eye on that ball. Their success is ours. `---- http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9027838 The LXer Interview: Dave Wreski of EnGarde Secure Linux ,----[ Quote ] | Open source has slowly but surely shed its skin only as an "alternative" and | is now considered a primary solution. `---- http://lxer.com/module/newswire/view/89907/index.html ...

[News] Another Company (6WIND) Raves About Linux, Linux, Linux...

[News] [Linux] Linux Foundation and MontaVista Organise Linux Conferences
Linux Foundation Collaboration Summit ,----[ Quote ] | The first Linux Foundation Collaboration Summit takes place mid | June, featuring the fourth Desktop Architects Meeting, an LSB | face to face meeting and various council meetings. `---- http://liquidat.wordpress.com/2007/06/02/linux-foundation-collaboration-summit/ MontaVista Vision 2007 Embedded Linux Developers Conference... ,----[ Quote ] | Hosted by MontaVista, and including platinum sponsors | Freescale Semiconductor, IBM, Intel, and Texas Instruments, | the Vision 2007 event is expected to bring the latest tips, | technique...

Groupware for LINUX. KUBUNTU/UBUNTU LINUX on Windows XP. how to run obsolete windows programs on ubuntu/debian LINUX
Hi, is Kubuntu/Ubuntu LINUX the way to go. It is easily downloadable. Also, look up "urine therapy" and http://tripod.spacetimemotion.com And which is the best groupware for Kubuntu/Ubuntu LINUX. It is not ? http://www.phpgroupware.org/ Erach ...

[News] Hadrons Running on GNU/Linux, "Linux is our OS of choice"

Web resources about - Linux Handhelds Running Linux/Apache/MYSQL/PHP?: Linux IPODS? - comp.os.linux.advocacy

Electronic Handheld Game Museum
Classic Gaming Expo is back in 2012!!! At the newly remodeled Plaza Hotel in Las Vegas- August 11 & 12, 2012. If you have ANY games that are ...

The Handheld Blog
News, reviews, software, support and ways to get more from your MeeGo, Maemo, Symbian and Android based phones.

Handheld PC - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A handheld PC , or H/PC for short, is a computer built around a form factor which is smaller than any standard laptop computer . It is sometimes ...

HANDHELD REMAKES :: The Archive
... centre for ALL the remakes available of the old game&watch style. Theres a huge amount of Nintendo sims for download and many many other handheld ...

Open Directory - Computers: Systems: Handhelds: Sharp: Wizard
... listing - become an editor - report abuse/spam - help the entire directory only in Sharp/Wizard Description Top : Computers : Systems : Handhelds ...

Chronik-Fotos - Nintendo Handheld Gaming - Facebook
Here is the last question we picked to get answered by the Bravely Default developers at Square Enix. What’s your favorite thing about the game ...

Night Shot-Handheld for iPhone, iPod touch (4th generation), iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad (3rd ...
Get Night Shot-Handheld on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

YouTube - Homemade Lightsaber!?! MASSIVE 3W Handheld Laser Torching Stuff!!
... goes up against a bunch of flammable stuff. Most things light INSTANTLY when placed in the beam of this laser! This is the most powerful handheld ...

Tiny handheld PC is first with organic LED screen
The first computer with a screen of organic light-emitting diodes, a technology that is being touted as the future of both displays and lighting, ...