Linux Hardware Compatibility Lists & Linux Drivers

http://www.linux-drivers.org/
0
invalid456 (3281)

Linux, Linux, Linux

I have Linux! I have Linux!

Why linux is linux

My Linux is not your Linux

[News] Vista and Linux Hardware Compatibility Compared & Linux Wins
A Vista vs. Linux Matchup ,----[ Quote ] | Putting aside Apple hardware, where all the software works with | all the hardware so long as it's all up to the minute, I found | that MEPIS actually has better hardware support for this PC | than Vista. | | [...] | | Adding insult to injury, since DRM protection schemes must | evolve constantly, to stay ahead of hackers tearing them down, | I have little doubt that one day you'll come home to find that | a Vista update to DRM-protection has just locked you out of your | media collection. You know, the same collection, which had | worked ...

[News] [Linux] Advantages of Linux Listed, Vista Drives Another User to Linux
5 reasons to use Ubuntu and not Windows ,----[ Quote ] | Freedom of choice | | A stable system that doesn't have to be renewed | | Competition is good for technological progress | | Software is there to do a job, not to benefit a company | | The many, many little things `---- http://ubuntudaily.com/2007/05/10/5-reasons-to-use-ubuntu-and-not-windows/ Open source and Linux looking better every day ,----[ Quote ] | Vista Home Basic - How do you figure out all these different | versions available? Thankfully a desktop shortcut to download | an upgrade - the upgrade treadmill head start...

[News] [Linux] Linux Hardware Compatibility Becomes a Thing of the Past
The Linux Hardware Puzzle ,----[ Quote ] | Linux and Solaris hardware support has improved a great deal since | Phoronix started out in 2004, but still we frequently come across | motherboards and other system components that face compatibility | issues. If the device doesn't work for the user they are then | forced to wait for the support or try different configurations, | attempt to return or exchange the product, or bite the bullet at a loss. | | What we also have available today are more computers that ship | with Linux pre-installed. There are a variety of smaller companies | ...

Linux Brochure Project (LBP)--Linux Advocacy & Publicity
Your organization may be interested in the Linux Brochure Project hosted on SourceForge. This project was developed because the Victoria Linux User Group (VLUG) wanted to produce their brochure using open source tools rather than proprietary ones. We registered it at SourceForge so that any Linux LUG and other advocacy groups could use the software to produce their own brochure. This project has been written up by LWN (http://lwn.net/Articles/51938/). See below for project details. Barbara Irwin Publicity Coordinator, VLUG ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ The Linux Brochure Project (LBP) is GPLed data and software which is used to document key Linux information in a standard-size brochure (two sides of a single letter-sized or A4 sheet of paper that is Z-folded into the six mini-pages of the brochure). Four key features of this project make it an excellent advocacy and publicity tool for LUGS and Linux organizations: 1) the project data and software are GPLed; 2) all software tools used to build the LBP brochures are open source; 3) the brochure can be customized to fit individual requirements of LUGs and other Linux organizations; and 4) the software produces an attractive brochure. Currently there are two versions of the brochure -- a "Linus" version, which features famous quotes from Linus and a VLUG version, which has been adopted as the Victoria Linux Users Group official brochure...

Linux Brochure Project (LBP)--Linux Advocacy & Publicity #2
[...]

Linux, linux, you mutter...
Vagrants, scaliwags and bums. That's what you advocates are. Drunk old men, wearing jute pants in the alley. LeeLee Sobiesky looks elegant in this picture: http://www.leeleesobieski.com/pics/lld/lld12.jpg -- Kent East Hill for Bush '04 Death to Kent West Hillians !!! DEATH TO KENT WEST HILL wrote: > > Vagrants, scaliwags and bums. > > That's what you advocates are. > > Drunk old men, wearing jute pants in the alley. > > LeeLee Sobiesky looks elegant in this picture: > > http://www.leeleesobieski.com/pics/lld/lld12.jpg > What is sh...

[News] [Linux] New Versions of Engarde Secure Linux, Core Linux, OpenTLE (Thai Linux)
EnGarde Secure Linux 3.0.14 Released ,----[ Quote ] | A fully functional secure Linux platform distribution, this release | features a vastly improved intrusion detection Attack Monitor. `---- http://www.linuxlookup.com/2007/may/04/engarde_secure_linux_3_0_14_released Core GNU/Linux 2.0 Released! ,----[ Quote ] | Core contains nothing beyond what is required to perform these tasks. | Core is primarily designed for experienced Linux users, though it has | found an audience with those looking to learn about the internals | and operation of a Linux system. `---- http://www.coredistro.org/news-20070501 http://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=linuxtle ...

[News] Linux, Linux, Linux at Acer (Phones and Tablets)

[News] Everything in Mobile Devices is Linux, Linux, Linux....
Better Than Kindle? ,----[ Quote ] | While I'm thinking about all the things I'd do with it, this is what comes to | my mind: this thing cost around $400. There are few other devices that cost | that much these days: | | * Nokia N810 | * Asus eeePC 701 | * OLPC `---- http://justanystuff.blogspot.com/2007/12/better-than-kindle.html Here's a good early look at Android: Hands on with Android: XML Parsing ,----[ Quote ] | Here is an XML parser that I created to showcase Android’s UI. It retrieves | NBA, MLB and NFL scores off of my web server. The true beauty is ...

[News] [Linux] The Linux Foundation Improves Linux Printing
Linux Foundation Improves Printing Functionality in Linux With LSB Driver Development Kit ,----[ Quote ] | "The LSB DDK is a direct result of our workgroup efforts and will | make it easier to create distribution-independent printer driver | packages," said Till Kamppeter, OpenPrinting.org manager, The | Linux Foundation. `---- http://new.marketwire.com/2.0/rel.jsp?id=741867&sourceType=1 Related: Real-time Linux simulates toner motion for printer design ,----[ Quote ] | Concurrent reports that its commercial, real-time Linux | implementation for multi-processor AMD Opter...

Linux Could NOT Have Invented Linux
The current view in Western technology is that Linus Torvalds invented Linux. Nothing could be further from the truth. The technical complexity and useability of Linux make it beyond the capability of what man could produce using the tools available in 1992. My theory is that Ancient Astronauts descended from the sky on 'Chariots of the Gods' and showed Linus *how* to write an Operating System. These alien visitors must have appeared as strange to the young Torvalds, and so he may have mistaken them for carpet vendors. -- w:04 On Tue, 08 Jun 2004 14:28:27 GMT, Erich Von ...

The non-Linux Linux
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNU_Hurd http://www.archhurd.org/ The Hurd aims to surpass the Unix kernel in functionality, security, and stability, while remaining largely compatible with it. Can this compete with the now Google-backed Linux kernel? taka0038@gmail.com wrote: > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNU_Hurd > > http://www.archhurd.org/ > > The Hurd aims to surpass the Unix kernel in functionality, security, and > stability, while remaining largely compatible with it. > > Can this compete with the now Google-backed Linux kernel? Yes. In a...

migrating linux to linux, different hardware
hi all. We're planning to migrate several linux servers, with applications installed (like oracle, etc.) , onto another newer hardware, which I am to install linux (preferably an updated distro version) as well. I'm a bit of newbie, but what I imagine is that instead of installing on the new machines from scratch -- OS plus apps plus accompanying data -- which would take too much time, can I install an updated version of linux distro first, and then after that, just copy all the directories in the original box that are not dependent on the OS (such as /var, /home, /etc, /usr, ...)? W...

Tutors / study materials to quickly ramp-up Linux kernel / Linux device drivers for non-Linux embedded experts
Could some one point me any Linux tutor / study material which is written for embedded programmers those who are already familiar with RTOS, low level device driver programming skills? Thanks in advance! --------------------------------------- Posted through http://www.EmbeddedRelated.com 2014-02-04 19:19, t_palani skrev: > Could some one point me any Linux tutor / study material which is written > for embedded programmers those who are already familiar with RTOS, low > level device driver programming skills? > > Thanks in advance! > > Check the Free-Electrons website. They have a complete open source linux course. > > --------------------------------------- > Posted through http://www.EmbeddedRelated.com > On 02/04/2014 07:19 PM, t_palani wrote: > Could some one point me any Linux tutor / study material which is written > for embedded programmers those who are already familiar with RTOS, low > level device driver programming skills? For free and very good: http://oreilly.com/openbook/linuxdrive3/book/ Good luck! Yours sincerely, Rene ...

[News] [Linux] Mac OS X Becomes More Like Linux, Exposes Big List of Bugs
More Unix in Apple's Leopard ,----[ Quote ] | Among the new features comprising the Leopard's innards Apple points to | the automounter autofs, with the aid of which the Finder will in future | be able to mount remote file systems asynchronously. A new feature of | interest to both professional developers and interested laymen is | DTrace, borrowed from Sun's Solaris, which permits detailed monitoring | of the performance of programs during run-time. `---- http://www.heise.de/english/newsticker/news/91448/from/rss09 Like all O/Ses, Apple has many problems in Tiger as well. Watch the list: Apple releases Mac OS X 10.4.10 Update ,----[ QUote ] | Apple on Wednesday afternoon released Mac OS X 10.4.10, a free | maintenance update recommended for all PowerPC and Intel-based Mac | computers running versions of Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger. `---- http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/07/06/20/apple_releases_mac_os_x_10_4_10_update.html ...

ssh over php from w2k to linux hangs (linux to linux ok)
Hello, I am trying to make some bash-scripts, that are to be executed on remote linux-boxes available to some Windows users over a php-interface. To require no interaction from the part of the windows users, I installed cygwin, generated rsa-keys and copied the public key on the server. I also changed the user, running the apache service appropriately and I added cygwin/bin to this users path. So, executing "ssh user@server something" worked using the cygwin-bash or the windows CLI. However, if I execute a php-script containing a "system" or "proc_open" with this command, it never returns. The same php-script *does* work on linux! Any clues? Greetings Neven ...

[News] Another Company (6WIND) Raves About Linux, Linux, Linux...

[News] [Linux] Linux Foundation and MontaVista Organise Linux Conferences
Linux Foundation Collaboration Summit ,----[ Quote ] | The first Linux Foundation Collaboration Summit takes place mid | June, featuring the fourth Desktop Architects Meeting, an LSB | face to face meeting and various council meetings. `---- http://liquidat.wordpress.com/2007/06/02/linux-foundation-collaboration-summit/ MontaVista Vision 2007 Embedded Linux Developers Conference... ,----[ Quote ] | Hosted by MontaVista, and including platinum sponsors | Freescale Semiconductor, IBM, Intel, and Texas Instruments, | the Vision 2007 event is expected to bring the latest tips, | technique...

Web resources about - Linux Hardware Compatibility Lists & Linux Drivers - comp.os.linux.advocacy

Electromagnetic compatibility - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) is the branch of electrical sciences which studies the unintentional generation, propagation and reception ...

Ideal - free compatibility test: zodiac sign, сhinese horoscope, by name on the App Store on iTunes
Get Ideal - free compatibility test: zodiac sign, сhinese horoscope, by name on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer ...

E3 2015 New Xbox One Dashboard with DirectX12/Windows 10 + Backwards Compatibility - YouTube
For more big E3 news and clips be sure to subscribe! BIG changes:Cortana, Shortcut, faster UI, Backwards compatible, Cross platform multiplayer ...

Is compatibility in the stars or your gut?
Is compatability in the stars or your gut? Compatibility; we’re obsessed with it. Does this job suit me? Does this apartment meet my needs? Does ...

E3: Xbox One to gain backwards compatibility
Older Xbox games to work with new console, Microsoft has announced at E3 2015 in Las Vegas.

Xbox One finally finds its feet with backwards compatibility, games-focused dashboard
... snappy video game system. On Friday Microsoft began rolling out the biggest software update yet to its Xbox One console, adding backwards compatibility ...

Apple unveils longer, thinner iPhone 5 with Australian 4G LTE compatibility
APPLE has unveiled a longer iPhone with a large 4-inch screen that will work on Australia's 4G LTE networks operated by Telstra and Optus.

Human frailty and masculinity: Mitch Clark shows their compatibility
Raw and unedited, this was a private hell made instantly public.

Sony brings backwards compatibility to PlayStation with Gaikai deal
First and third-party games to be streamed to hardware

Apple updates Numbers w/ iOS 8 support & iCloud Drive compatibility
... apps for iOS 8 earlier today , Apple has just released an update for its Numbers app . The update includes iOS 8 support and iCloud Drive compatibility ...