Linux Kernel Developer Offers 'Free Linux Driver Development'

"Yes, that's right, the Linux kernel community is offering all companies
free Linux driver development. No longer do you have to suffer through all
of the different examples in the Linux Device Driver Kit, or pick through
the thousands ...

<http://www.osnews.com/story.php?news_id=17109>
Au79

'Linux is perfect' and 'Linux is perfect for' idiocy
Straight up 'Linux is perfect' idiocy: ========================================================================= "Linux is perfect." Posted by: unknown at March 26, 2005 03:57 PM http://www.goodexperience.com/tib/archives/2005/03/apple_mail_filt.html "Linux is perfect." http://www.deadtroll.com/index2.html?/video/ossuckscable.html~content "Linux is perfect: its open source nature and excellent shell make it the ultimate hobbyist's operating system." http://www.techradar.com/news/software/applications/top-50-best-linux-apps-2011-1014373 ...

[News] [Linux] Another Company Chooses Linux; Oracle's 'Linux Family' Extends Too
Columbitech Taps SUSE Linux Enterprise From Novell to Help Retailers Reach PCI Compliance and Safeguard Customer Data ,----[ Quote ] | This offering will give retailers PCI compliance by securing all | wireless devices and providing secure wireless access to the | back-end systems. `---- http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/index.jsp?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20070605005558&newsLang=en Momentum continues for Oracle ,----[ Quote ] | Oracle recently announced that momentum continues to build | around the Oracle Unbreakable Linux Support Program (which includes | supp...

[News] Microsoft's Linux 'Sellouts' Lose to Truly Free GNU/Linux
The World Series of Linux: Round 1 ,----[ Quote ] | But, clearly, Ubuntu shined. It has earned the right to play in the | championship round of The World Series of Linux. The next round will | determine its opponent, as the RPM Round pits SLED 10, Fedora 7 and PCLinuxOS | to compete to pick the best out of those distributions. `---- http://www.crn.com/software/204802194 Guess who lost here? Xandros and Linspire. Here is OpenSUSE losing: First Kubuntu Impressions ,----[ Quote ] | Well, seems like Kubuntu is the clear winner for professional users and also | for enthusiasts. For begi...

Linux, Linux, Linux

Really 'dumb' question: why does Linux have viruses? linux virus, linux malware
Linux has viruses and malware. See below. Now please spin the facts and tell me why this is not so, Linux cultists. RL http://www.av-comparatives.org/en/comparativesreviews/single-product-reviews ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4 Business Edition for Linux Desktop May 2011 Review (english) The growing availability of user-friendly Linux operating systems for desktop and laptop PCs, with business support packages available, means that anti-malware solutions for Linux are becoming more important. Security software for Linux is needed not only to protect the computer itself, but also to prevent malic...

[News] Linux.org on the 'Linux Wave', the Linux Interest Spike, and Dell
Dude, A Little Diplomacy with that Dell ,----[ Quote ] | Seems like we're riding a 'Linux wave'. The Linux wave is what I call | a period where, for whatever reason, interest in Linux seems to | spike sharply. Since I've been here at Linux.org, I have seen a | few of them. `---- http://www.linux.org/news/opinion/delldiplo.html There's also this one: Is Dell the Brand for EcoGeeks? ,----[ Quote ] | EG: Both the carbon offset program and the possibility of OEM linux | came out of your customer feedback website, IdeaStorm. As Dell | considers offering Linux, are you takin...

Apple's Leopard Is Better 'Linux' Than Linux
good reading... Apple's Leopard Is Better 'Linux' Than Linux Posted by Alexander Wolfe, Nov 11, 2007 07:30 PM Information Week Who knew that Apple's latest version of Mac OS X was knitted together from enough open-source software to give Linux a run for its money? That became apparent the other day when Apple released Darwin 9.0, which is the source code behind Leopard. True, there's no earthshaking news here. Apple has been publicly disclosing the source code behind OS X for years, and the Mac maker has long touted the inclusion of open-source in earlier versions ...

[News] Linux Wins Because of Applications (Developers, Developers, Developers Come to Linux)
Red Hat growth: A tale of 2,000 applications ,----[ Quote ] | Red Hat's Linux business continues to boom, even when we don't give it the | credit that it deserves. What is the underlying reason for that growth? | | Applications. `---- http://blogs.cnet.com/8301-13505_1-9791171-16.html?part=rss&tag=feed&subj=TheOpenRoad Open Source for Business: Now More Than Ever, Part 1 ,----[ Quote ] | No App Scarcity | | The growth of open source applications in the business workplace, at least to | some degree, is the result of a large inventory of program choices. There is | no s...

[News] [Linux] Free Driver Development for Linux Proving to Be a Success
Linux driver development project bears fruit ,----[ Quote ] | In a talk at today's FreedomHEC, the Linux device driver | unconference, Kroah-Hartman said, "We have had 12 companies say | 'yes please'." One resulting driver is already in the kernel, | and five are in progress. About 80 people have signed up to | help with drivers, and in an unusual twist for an open source | project, not all are developers. Some volunteers are project | managers. `---- http://www.linuxworld.com/news/2007/051807-linux-driver.html Related: Free Linux Driver Development! ,----[ Quote ] ...

[News] Linux Foundation's Linux Developer Network is Coming

[News] Linux Kernel Hackers Now Offer Free Driver Development for All Hardware
Free Linux Driver Development! ,----[ Quote ] | Yes, that's right, the Linux kernel community is offering all | companies free Linux driver development. No longer do you have | to suffer through all of the different examples in the Linux | Device Driver Kit, or pick through the thousands of example | drivers in the Linux kernel source tree trying to determine | which one is the closest to what you need to do. `---- http://www.kroah.com/log/2007/01/29/#free_drivers Related: Linux Hardware Support ,----[ Quote ] | Here's the problem with that argument: Most hardware does not | work...

Nine Out of Ten Linux Developers Refute SCO's Linux Lawsuit
NINE Out of Ten Linux Developers Refute SCO's Linux Lawsuit, New ... Business Wire (press release) - USA SANTA CRUZ, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--March 1, 2004--More than 90% of Linux developers don't believe the SCO/Linux lawsuit has any merit, according to the ... <http://home.businesswire.com/portal/index.jsp?epi-content=GENERIC&epi-proce ss=generic_process.jsp&newsId=20040301005233&newsPopup=false&newsLang=en&bea nID=202776713&viewID=news_process_view> -- ----- I can see the furture in your @ss and its full of shit. On Mon, Mar 01, 2004 at 03:22:50P...

Can Linux Survive the Beating it's Getting? The 2.6 Linux kernel doesn't even work!!!
SCO is suing Linus. Microsoft is still number one. Redhat Linux is dumping the small business home user market and giving them unsupported beta Fedora distro that has no backward patches. Novell bought out SuSE, and as we all know many Novell alumni are now at SCO. Novell will take care of SuSE the same way as SCO does with Linux. Contrary to what the advocates say, Linux is hard to use. I am using SuSE 8.2 and my upgrade to the 2.6 test-9 kernel was unsuccessful. I compiled the kernel using the following steps. make xconfig make bzImage make modules make modules_install I moved the r...

[News] IBM Shows 10 Massive Linux Developments That Led to Today's Linux Dominance

[News] Linux Foundation Gets Together with Developers Amid Japan's Migration to GNU/Linux
New Partnership Extends Linux Foundation’s Work with Japanese Developers ,----[ Quote ] | Agreement Signed with Japanese Government Information-technology Promotion | Agency (IPA) to help increase participation of Japanese developers in Linux | and open source `---- http://linux-foundation.org/weblogs/press/2007/09/30/new-partnership-extends-linux-foundations-work-with-japanese-developers/ Good news. Japan might be "the next Cuba" (country to ditch Microsoft). Related: Japanese Government to Embrace Linux ,----[ Quote ] | Oracle Japan is said to be leading the effort, whic...

[News] Palm's 'Nova Linux' in the Making, Archos Made Linux-based Flexible
Palm Codenames Linux-Based Palm OS II Nova ,----[ Quote ] | Now comes word from Palm Infocenter that the PDA pioneer not only has yet | another, third, smartphone in the works, but that that device is being used | to test its long-delayed Linux-based follow up to the Palm OS, which now has | an internal codename of its own. `---- http://www.smartphonetoday.com/articles/2008/1/2008-1-11-Palm-Codenames-Linux.html Archos 605 WiFi Linux hack ,----[ Quote ] | Personally, I think the Archos 605 WiFi is a cool enough gadget on its own, | but there's always something to be said for hack...

[News] The Economist Defends the 'Linux Development Model'
Don’t invent, evolve ,----[ Quote ] | The inventor’s trial-and-error approach can be automated by software that | mimics natural selection `---- http://www.economist.com/displaystory.cfm?story_id=9896323 Related: Virtually clean ,----[ Quote ] | The smart thing to do is run a version of the free Linux operating system— | like Knoppix or Kubuntu—in a virtual machine facing the outside world. `---- http://www.economist.com/science/displaystory.cfm?story_id=9869417 Peaks, valleys and vistas ,----[ Quote ] | The launch of a new version of Microsoft Windows, called Vista, is | not quit...

[News] Interviews With GNU/Linux Developers and Linux Browser Developers Too

[News] Micrsooft Tries to 'Buy' Linux Developers
Microsoft tempts embedded Linux developers with "free apps" ,----[ Quote ] | Microsoft's Windows Embedded team will host a "free app" giveaway during | LinuxWorld. The "apps" -- in this case appetizers -- include embedded | turkey clubs ("it's the bacon that's embedded," Microsoft says) and | boneless "penguin" wings ("hot and tasty, but with no support | infrastructure"), plus free beer and wine. `---- http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS2347855073.html The link refers to a bunch of older stories about how Micro...

`Linux Kernel Development' exercise needed!
I'm reading `Linux Kernel Development' now. I want to know if there are any high-quality exercises accompanying the book out there. Thank you! On 3=D4=C25=C8=D5, =CF=C2=CE=E712=CA=B139=B7=D6, Tony Winslow <tonywinslow1.= ...@gmail.com> wrote: > I'm reading `Linux Kernel Development' now. > I want to know if there are any high-quality exercises accompanying the > book out there. > Thank you! the same question WANG Cong wrote: > On Wed, 05 Mar 2008 12:39:18 +0800,Tony Winslow wrote: > >> I'm reading `Linux Kernel Development' now. I want ...

`Linux Kernel Development' exercise needed?
I'm reading `Linux Kernel Development' now. I want to know if there are any high-quality exercises accompanying the book out there. Thank you! ...

[News] NVIDIA's Linux Drivers Improves, New ATI Driver for Linux
NVIDIA 169.04 Driver Brings Improvements ,----[ Quote ] | Most notably, with the NVIDIA 100.14.19 driver with a GeForce 8800GTS 640MB | we found major performance gains. With the NVIDIA 169.04 Beta driver we have | once again found significant performance improvements for the GeForce 8 | series on Linux. While there were no improvements with the GeForce 8600GT in | Enemy Territory: Quake Wars, the improvements were very noticeable in Doom 3 | and Quake 4. This updated Linux driver has also corrected some monitor issues | we previously had with incorrectly parsing the EDID information ...

Linux developers hate Linux
Install MonoDevelop. Remember, Suse and Mono, same company. If you install on Windows, you just click and install. Big, bam, done. If you install on Suse 10, you have dependency issues, compile issues, and no RPM. They almost want you to go windows. Linux developers must hate Linux. Do they factor the cost of time in these Total Cost of Ownership? Ack, I did make a mistake here. This post is not correct. Hi there, tab wrote: > Ack, I did make a mistake here. > This post is not correct. Ack, you did... Yast takes care of Mono nicely in 10.0... I'm not going to mock you,...

Web resources about - Linux Kernel Developer Offers 'Free Linux Driver Development' - comp.os.linux.advocacy