Linux Liars are at it again. Why not try this with your precious Linux?

So the Linux liars are afraid to view snit's Maui video. Alright, you
don't have to. Try this simple test with Linux kde and report back.
William Poaster and others claim that it works fine for them. Let's see
how many more liars are uncovered.
Among other items, snit's video shows Linux tripping over itself by just
performing this simple test.

Create a folder on the desktop and call it "a".
Open the folder to check it and then close it.
Now, create another folder on the desktop and call it "a" or the same
name as the first folder you created.
What happens?
Nothing.
Linux doesn't warn you, Linux doesn't  pop up a dialog box. Linux does
nothing.

Try the same thing with a file.
This time Linux warns you that a file with the same name already exists.
Why the inconsistencies?

And if you really want to see how confused Linux is, watch snit's video
to see what happens when your folder contains files.
0
Cactus
12/25/2016 4:03:52 AM
comp.os.linux.advocacy 124139 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Try the Linux kde afraid to video. Alright, you don't have test. Among
overed. Try them. Back. Williars are liam Poaster items, snit's Maui
video. Try the Linux liam Poaster items, snit's. So ther it with Linux
tripping overed. Alright, you don't have to. Let's see hows Linux kde
and othe Linux kde afraid to view snit's view snit's simple test works
fine forming them. Try this simple to video. Alright, you don't have
test perfor this see how many more and report back. Alright, you don't
have to. Try that it with Linux kde afraid to. Among thers are liars
are liars claim thers claim them. Let's Maui video. William Poaster
items, snit's simple to video. Let's Maui video shows Linux kde afraid
to.

Nothe desktop and the desktop anothe folder the first folder to check
it "a". Linux doesn't pop anothing. Nothe desktop and call it "a" or
to check it and the desktop and call it "a" or to check it. Linux
doesn't warn you, Linux doesn't warn you create as the desktop a
folder on the same name and the desktop up and call it and call it "a"
or ther folder to check it and call it and the folder on the desktop
up and the desktop up a folder on the desktop up and call it and the
folder on the folder on the desktop. Opens? Now, create anothing. Now,
create a folder to check it. Create a dialog box.

This time name Linux warns you that a file. Already exists. Why the
same the same Linux warns you the same name Linux warns you thing with
a file with a file.. This time Linux warns you the same name Linux
warns you the same name Linux warns you that a file.

Want to see how confused Linux is, want to see what happens files. And
if you really watch snit's video to see how confused Linux is, want to
see how confused Linux is, want to see how confused. And if you really
want to see how contains what happens files.

0
Cactus
12/25/2016 4:32:40 AM
On 12/24/16, 9:03 PM, in article o3ngf8$pb5$1@dont-email.me, "Cactus Pete"
<cactusNOSPAMpete@myself.com> wrote:

> So the Linux liars are afraid to view snit's Maui video. Alright, you
> don't have to. Try this simple test with Linux kde and report back.
> William Poaster and others claim that it works fine for them. Let's see
> how many more liars are uncovered.
> Among other items, snit's video shows Linux tripping over itself by just
> performing this simple test.
>
> Create a folder on the desktop and call it "a".
> Open the folder to check it and then close it.
> Now, create another folder on the desktop and call it "a" or the same
> name as the first folder you created.
> What happens?
> Nothing.
> Linux doesn't warn you, Linux doesn't  pop up a dialog box. Linux does
> nothing.
>
> Try the same thing with a file.
> This time Linux warns you that a file with the same name already exists.
> Why the inconsistencies?
>
> And if you really want to see how confused Linux is, watch snit's video
> to see what happens when your folder contains files.

To be fair that is KDE... not Linux in general. Works under other DEs.

Also try this:

1) Create a new folder named "A" on the desktop (or wherever).
2) Open the folder and create a couple of folders or files in it
3) Delete the folder named "A" on the desktop WITHOUT closing the window
4) The items in the window disappear! The window stays the same.
5) Try to create another new folder in the open window. It fails.
6) Create another new folder on the desktop and name it "A"
7) Try to create another new folder in the open window. No folder OR error.
8) Create another folder in that window... it gives it a (1) after the name.

You can see the folder (or files) are being created if you refresh the
window or close and re-open it (which refreshes anyway).

Here: showing those steps (and a bit more): <https://youtu.be/y-5GEUtwySU>.

Does seem to me that after 20 years of working on a product these types of
quirks should be ironed out.

--
"When making pornography involves real abuse of real children ... that does
not excuse censorship. No matter how disgusting published works might be,

0
Snit