Linux not really our competitor says Micros~1 exec

Microsoft executive on Linux, 64-bit computing
Carol Sliwa and Craig Stedman May 18 2004

Q: How is Microsoft differentiating itself from the Linux competition?

I don't really think that Linux itself is our competitor. I think Linux
is a set of technologies ..They put them together, stacks with other
software .. The cost of acquiring that is actually quite comparable to
the cost of acquiring a Microsoft solution.

We .. do a better job of providing an integrated experience for the
customer relative to our competitors.

... Some of our competitors, IBM most notably, are predominantly a
consulting company. And for them, complexity is a benefit, because it
allows them to sell consulting services ..

... I think if you look at Linux and Linux stacks and the companies that
are promoting those, they have a vested interest in selling consulting
services. We don't. It's that simple ..

... There are users running Linux that don't rely on consulting services.
There are workloads that are simple that can be deployed independently,
... we also do a better job of integrating. For example, our DNS server
integrates with Active Directory.

... Application migration off of Unix is one where certainly Linux has
some traction ..

... You've got an old printer .. the manufacturer stopped selling three
years ago ..The manufacturer (has little incentive) to put out a driver
for that printer. [Bob Muglia - Microsoft]

http://www.computerworld.com.au/index.php?id=606261041&fp=16&fpid=0
- unquote -

This could have been written by our own dear fuddie(Funkenbusch).
Or is it fuddie gets his material from the same source ;)
0
daeron2 (1670)

Daeron wrote:

> Microsoft executive on Linux, 64-bit computing
> Carol Sliwa and Craig Stedman May 18 2004
>
> Q: How is Microsoft differentiating itself from the Linux competition?
>
> I don't really think that Linux itself is our competitor. I think Linux
> is a set of technologies ..They put them together, stacks with other
> software .. The cost of acquiring that is actually quite comparable to
> the cost of acquiring a Microsoft solution.
>
> We .. do a better job of providing an integrated experience for the
> customer relative to our competitors.
>
> .. Some of our competitors, IBM most notably, are predominantly a
> consulting company. And for them, complexity is a benefit, because it
> allows them to sell consulting services ..
>
> .. I think if you look at Linux and Linux stacks and the companies that
> are promoting those, they have a vested interest in selling consulting
> services. We don't. It's that simple ..

Ahem, what about the armies of MS consultants? You know, the "Certified
Solutions Providers" or whatever they call themselves.

> .. There are users running Linux that don't rely on consulting services.
> There are workloads that are simple that can be deployed independently,
> .. we also do a better job of integrating. For example, our DNS server
> integrates with Active Directory.

Yes...and for *nix you have NIS and LDAP. Same basic thing, AFAIK.

> .. Application migration off of Unix is one where certainly Linux has
> some traction ..
>
> .. You've got an old printer .. the manufacturer stopped selling three
> years ago ..The manufacturer (has little incentive) to put out a driver
> for that printer. [Bob Muglia - Microsoft]

That's right! With Microsoft, you have to buy new hardware with each
release. Linux allows you to keep and use what you've got.

> http://www.computerworld.com.au/index.php?id=606261041&fp=16&fpid=0
> - unquote -
>
> This could have been written by our own dear fuddie(Funkenbusch).
> Or is it fuddie gets his material from the same source ;)

0
John
5/19/2004 1:14:09 AM
In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Daeron
<daeron@demon.net>
 wrote
on Tue, 18 May 2004 18:05:15 -0400
<2gvfkuF7hu46U1@uni-berlin.de>:
> Microsoft executive on Linux, 64-bit computing
> Carol Sliwa and Craig Stedman May 18 2004
>
> Q: How is Microsoft differentiating itself from the Linux competition?
>
> I don't really think that Linux itself is our competitor. I think Linux
> is a set of technologies ..They put them together, stacks with other
> software .. The cost of acquiring that is actually quite comparable to
> the cost of acquiring a Microsoft solution.
>
> We .. do a better job of providing an integrated experience for the
> customer relative to our competitors.
>
> .. Some of our competitors, IBM most notably, are predominantly a
> consulting company. And for them, complexity is a benefit, because it
> allows them to sell consulting services ..
>
> .. I think if you look at Linux and Linux stacks and the companies that
> are promoting those, they have a vested interest in selling consulting
> services. We don't. It's that simple ..
>
> .. There are users running Linux that don't rely on consulting services.
> There are workloads that are simple that can be deployed independently,
> .. we also do a better job of integrating. For example, our DNS server
> integrates with Active Directory.
>
> .. Application migration off of Unix is one where certainly Linux has
> some traction ..
>
> .. You've got an old printer .. the manufacturer stopped selling three
> years ago ..The manufacturer (has little incentive) to put out a driver
> for that printer. [Bob Muglia - Microsoft]
>
> http://www.computerworld.com.au/index.php?id=606261041&fp=16&fpid=0
> - unquote -
>
> This could have been written by our own dear fuddie(Funkenbusch).
> Or is it fuddie gets his material from the same source ;)

Well, I like the notion of "an integrated experience".  (What's
the opposite of that, a segregated experience?  Does either
Brown or Board of Education have anything to say about Linux in
that respect? :-) ;-) :-) )

As it is, I think Gentoo integrates things very nicely,
and most distros take pains to ensure that their binary
builds are consistent.

As for complexity: Windows isn't exactly the simplest of beasts.
But then, computing isn't exactly the simplest of problems,
as it involves humans, standards committees, and monopolistic
competition. :-)  (That's a general economic term for the state
between ogliopoly and pure competition, BTW; the main characterization
involves lots of advertising as Brand A tries to stand out from
Brands B, C, D, E, etc.)

#191, ewill3@earthlink.net
It's still legal to go .sigless.
0
ewill4 (1430)
5/19/2004 4:00:09 AM

Daeron wrote:

> Q: How is Microsoft differentiating itself from the Linux competition?
>
> I don't really think that Linux itself is our competitor. I think
> Linux is a set of technologies

No shit, Sherlock!  *Anything* even remotely computer related can be
described as a set of technologies.

> ..They put them together, stacks with other software ..

Yes, and Windows works *so* well on its own, right?

> The cost of acquiring that is actually quite comparable to the cost of
> acquiring a Microsoft solution.

Sure, they're comparable.  Linux is *way* cheaper.  That's a comparison,
right?

> We .. do a better job of providing an integrated experience for the
> customer relative to our competitors.

What's nice about such buzzword statements is that you can redefine what
it means until it puts you in the best light.

> .. Some of our competitors, IBM most notably, are predominantly a
> consulting company. And for them, complexity is a benefit, because it
> allows them to sell consulting services ..

And Microsoft is a company that needs to sell its latest software in
order to stay alive.  One could surmise from this that they have an
interest in deteriorating software quality over time.  This is typical
Microsoft, they're unethical and rip off their customers, so *everyone*
else *must* be out to do the same!

> .. I think if you look at Linux and Linux stacks and the companies
> that are promoting those, they have a vested interest in selling
> consulting services. We don't. It's that simple ..

But don't forget what they *are* interested in: Planned obsolescence.

> .. There are users running Linux that don't rely on consulting
> services.  There are workloads that are simple that can be deployed
> independently, .. we also do a better job of integrating. For example,
> our DNS server integrates with Active Directory.

Wow, they integrate better with their *own* technology than their
competitors do!  What a shocker!  Alternatives exist for *nix that are
just as good.

> .. Application migration off of Unix is one where certainly Linux has
> some traction ..

Way to point out the obvious.  However, a lot of migration is also from
Windows these days.

> .. You've got an old printer .. the manufacturer stopped selling three
> years ago ..The manufacturer (has little incentive) to put out a
> driver for that printer. [Bob Muglia - Microsoft]

Yes, $DEITY forbid you actually use a piece of hardware until it breaks!
Well, you usually can't if you're using Microsoft technology.

> http://www.computerworld.com.au/index.php?id=606261041&fp=16&fpid=0 -
> unquote -
>
> This could have been written by our own dear fuddie(Funkenbusch).  Or
> is it fuddie gets his material from the same source ;)

I was thinking the same thing.  I expect to see him show up and defend
it shortly :-)

--
PeKaJe
	"Yes, we all remember the (in)famous Tee-Gee Super-Duper-Linux-Exploit

Why linux is linux

My Linux is not your Linux

bring it on says Micros~1 to Linux
Microsoft to Linux: 'Bring it on' Graeme Wearden April 21 2004 [...] Bradley Tipp, Microsoft's national system engineer, told the LinuxUser & Developer Expo in London that competition is good for the whole software industry and will lead to better products emerging from Redmond, Wash.-based Microsoft. "The thing I like is that Microsoft does its best work and is most innovative when it has competition, so bring it on," Tipp said. [...] "There's probably not real competition on the desktop today," said Asay. "In a year or two years, we'll see frantic competition." [Matt Asay - Novell] [...] One show attendee noted how difficult it is to buy a laptop that doesn't come with proprietary software already installed. Jeremy Allison, of the Samba team at Hewlett-Packard, said that this is a problem and acknowledged that the first thing he had done with his work laptop was to reformat it and remove Windows. "I was annoyed that I couldn't get a refund. It's a scandal that you can't do that," said Allison. He added that HP recently said it will ship laptops with a version of Linux preinstalled and predicted that the IT industry would soon see "much more from HP in that area." http://news.com.com/2100-7344_3-5196651.html?part=rss&tag=feed&subj=news - unquote - Why are there no dual boot Linux/Windows machines from the OEMs ? Daeron wrote: > [SNIP] > Why are there no dual...

I have Linux! I have Linux!
Ok, after two days of trying to get Windos 1900 installed and working , I sat down an hour ago and installed Linux. In an hour. Smirk. Ok, I will be honest. I did have some problems, but I believe they were of my own ignorance. 0) I started with trying to install Suse. However, I couldn't get it to install. Why? Because I didn't read the menu. There is a startup menu and the first entry is boot to harddisk. I thought that was the thing to do so I did it about 4 times. Then I gave up. However, I went back to it and subsequently realized that I should have chosen the 2nd menu, "Install Linux". Duh. 1) Luckily I had the 3 Fedora RC disks. So, I installed that instead (there's a twist, see bottom). Installed quickly (and I mean QUICK -- I installed the Workstation Setup and it went faster than anything I've seen) and easily EXCEPT for DSL. I sort of it remember it asking questions about networking and DSL the last time I installed it on my personal machine, but this time it installed a driver for eth0 and that's it. Ok, so I went in and deleted eth0 and installed an xDSL entry ( using eth0 as the hardware ) and set up my earthlink settings. 2) Ok, so it hooked up quick. Which is a side story. This is an ASUS motherboard with modem, NIC, video, audio on the board. It comes with a CD full of windos drivers. When windos 1900 starts up, it does an autologic and plays the little Windos noise. Then the machine pauses for 1 to 2 m...

Linux a waste of money says exec~1
Linux a 'waste of money', says top MS exec The latest approach in a campaign of misinformation in Asia. Geoffrey P. Ramos, Kieren McCarthy 25 May 2004 [...] Chris Sharp, director for platform strategy for Microsoft in Asia-Pacific, said governments that standardise on open-source software are hurting their local software vendors as they can't make the money needed to invest in their own software products. Sharp, who used to work for Red Hat before joining Microsoft, said building open-source software is a "waste of money" and that a company was in effect giving away its intellectual property, preventing it from getting future benefits. "If you are compelled to give back to the community, then you don't have the opportunity to benefit from that knowledge,".. "They are not for the greater good of the community; they are also after the money," [on Red Hat and IBM] [...] "With open source, there is no way to make more software." http://www.techworld.com/opsys/news/index.cfm?newsid=1615 > "With open source, there is no way to make more software." So all of you out there coding right now... STOP IT!! -- Geoff Lane Malim praedari -- Henry Beard Geoff Lane wrote: >> "With open source, there is no way to make more software." > > So all of you out there coding right now... STOP IT!! > Oh, the irony!!! Daeron wrote: > Linux a 'waste of money', says top MS exec >...

Are Linux Lusers Really Displaced Locksmiths? (Foley Belsaw School of Linux Advocacy)
Does Foley Belsaw have a school for Linux lusers like they do for Locksmith lusers? If not, they should! It could be a real money maker IMHO. On Thursday 22 September 2005 00:11 Lisa Cottmann wrote: > Does Foley Belsaw Nono Susan - I'm sure Foley doesn't cross post. Please stop, silly girl. Bill "Lisa Cottmann" <lisa_cottmann@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1127344265.713851.255270@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Does Foley Belsaw have a school for Linux lusers like they do for > Locksmith lusers? > > If not, they should! > > It coul...

Linux borrowed optimizations from Windows says Micros~1
No Longhorn at Microsoft's Tech Ed Joris Evers May 19 2004 San Francisco [...] The absence of Longhorn at Tech Ed is a sign that Microsoft is getting back to what matters for its customers and itself, said Joe Wilcox, a senior analyst at Jupiter Research in Washington, D.C. [...] Tech Ed goers can also hear from Microsoft where it stands on Linux. One session promises a side-by-side comparison of the Windows and Linux kernel over the past few years. In the session calendar, Microsoft says Linux has become more like Windows as Linux developers have "borrowed" some Windows high performance optimizations ... - http://www.itworld.com/Man/3828/040519teched/ Daeron wrote: > No Longhorn at Microsoft's Tech Ed > Joris Evers May 19 2004 San Francisco > > [...] > > The absence of Longhorn at Tech Ed is a sign that Microsoft is getting > back to what matters for its customers and itself, said Joe Wilcox, a > senior analyst at Jupiter Research in Washington, D.C. > > [...] > > Tech Ed goers can also hear from Microsoft where it stands on Linux. One > session promises a side-by-side comparison of the Windows and Linux > kernel over the past few years. In the session calendar, Microsoft says > Linux has become more like Windows as Linux developers have "borrowed" > some Windows high performance optimizations ... > > - http://www.itworld.com/Man/3828/040519teched/ Can't really be. Windows gets...

linux today
bawawawa!!!! linux. I hate it already!!!! http://fr.linuxtoday.com/infrastructure/2010081101435OSMR The consistent failure of Linux to grab even 1% of the desktop OS market Aug 11, 2010 "Linux has been around for almost two decades now. It has become a resounding success as a server OS (for example as the L in the famous LAMP stack), and more recently as a mobile OS (Android). But what about on the desktop? "Linux enthusiasts have been predicting the rise of Linux as a desktop OS for the better part of a decade. To name just one of many examples, in 2003, Siemens Business Systems predicted that Linux would have captured 20% of the desktop market by 2008. "Well, it's now 2010, and desktop Linux isn't even close to 20%. Or one tenth of that." On 2010-10-10, One Shot, One-Kill <fredie@gmail.com> wrote: One snot, one shill wanks on about the shrinking "desktop market"... Who the fuck cares about "the desktop"? Oh, I know ....WINTROLLS... Is there even a desktop "market" any more? Linux is EVERYWHERE! It's on your router..it's in your TV it's on your phone... -- Regards, Gregory. Gentoo Linux - Penguin Power On 10 Oct 2010 05:36:07 GMT, Gregory Shearman <ZekeGregory@netscape.net> wrote: > One snot, one shill wanks on about the shrinking "desktop market"... > Who the fuck cares about "the desktop"? What a total joke he ...

[News] A Look at GNU/Linux Distributions Igelle 1.0.0, Zenwalk Linux, Salix OS, and GoblinX

Really 'dumb' question: why does Linux have viruses? linux virus, linux malware
Linux has viruses and malware. See below. Now please spin the facts and tell me why this is not so, Linux cultists. RL http://www.av-comparatives.org/en/comparativesreviews/single-product-reviews ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4 Business Edition for Linux Desktop May 2011 Review (english) The growing availability of user-friendly Linux operating systems for desktop and laptop PCs, with business support packages available, means that anti-malware solutions for Linux are becoming more important. Security software for Linux is needed not only to protect the computer itself, but also to prevent malicious code aimed at other systems, such as Windows, being passed through the system. To counter such threats, ESET have released ESET NOD32 Antivirus Business Edition for Linux Desktop. For our review, we installed the 32-bit Business Edition, version 4.0.66.0, on 32-bit Ubuntu Desktop Edition version 10.04. ESET also make a Home Edition of the program, and both Home and Business versions come in 32 and 64-bit versions. RayLopez99 <raylopez88@gmail.com> writes: > Linux has viruses and malware. See below. > > Now please spin the facts and tell me why this is not so, Linux > cultists. > > RL > > http://www.av-comparatives.org/en/comparativesreviews/single-product-reviews > > ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4 Business Edition for Linux Desktop May 2011 > Review (english) > > The growing availability of user-friendly Linux > operating systems for deskto...

Trouble Installing Linux/Cisco VPN Client Has anyone had trouble compiling the linux cisco vpn client? Here is the output of the install script: # uname -rviosm Linux 2.4.22-1.2188.nptl #1
Has anyone had trouble compiling the linux cisco vpn client? Here is the output of the install script: # uname -rviosm Linux 2.4.22-1.2188.nptl #1 Wed Apr 21 20:19:18 EDT 2004 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux ../vpn_install Cisco Systems VPN Client Version 4.0.3 (B) Linux Installer Copyright (C) 1998-2001 Cisco Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved. By installing this product you agree that you have read the license.txt file (The VPN Client license) and will comply with its terms. Directory where binaries will be installed [/usr/local/bin] Automatically start the VPN service at boot time [yes] In order to build the VPN kernel module, you must have the kernel headers for the version of the kernel you are running. For RedHat 6.x users these files are installed in /usr/src/linux by default For RedHat 7.x users these files are installed in /usr/src/linux-2.4 by default For Suse 7.3 users these files are installed in /usr/src/linux-2.4.10.SuSE by de fault Directory containing linux kernel source code [/lib/modules/2.4.22-1.2188.nptl/b uild] * Binaries will be installed in "/usr/local/bin". * Modules will be installed in "/lib/modules/2.4.22-1.2188.nptl/CiscoVPN". * The VPN service will be started AUTOMATICALLY at boot time. * Kernel source from "/lib/modules/2.4.22-1.2188.nptl/build" will be used to bui ld the module. Is the above correct [y] y Making module In file included from Cniapi.h:15, from linuxcniapi.c:24: GenDefs.h...

Linux users have to install by pushing floppy after floppy into drive says MICROS~1
EV1Servers.net Leading Hosted Service Provider Deploys Windows-based Hosting Solutions Faster than Linux-based Solutions case study Posted: September 15, 2003 "Automated Deployment Services (ADS)�a powerful new server purposing tool in Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition" "Business managers at EV1 Servers.net knew that there was a demand for a Microsoft Windows-based hosted service offering" "Executives at the company were well aware that customers were making inquiries about purchasing dedicated hosting services built on the Microsoft� Windows� operating system" "EV1 Servers.net personnel knew how to deploy a Linux-based server quickly. They had script-filled floppies ready to go, and on a moment's notice they could slip a floppy into a bare Dell PowerEdge 1600SC and walk away" "By pushing floppy after floppy into the drive of a bare metal server, EV1 Servers.net's data center team could easily meet the demand for 1,000 new servers per week" "Unless they could find a way to bring that level of automation to the deployment of a Windows-based server, they saw no way to meet a similar level of demand for Windows-based hosting services" "With the Microsoft Solution for Windows-based Hosting, EV1 Servers.net personnel would not even have to go from machine to machine inserting floppies" "ADS made it possible to deploy a server running Microsoft Windows Server 2003 with Interne...

[...]

Linux users have to install by pushing floppy after floppy into drive says MICROS~1 #2
EV1Servers.net Leading Hosted Service Provider Deploys Windows-based Hosting Solutions Faster than Linux-based Solutions case study Posted: September 15, 2003 "Automated Deployment Services (ADS)�a powerful new server purposing tool in Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition" "Business managers at EV1 Servers.net knew that there was a demand for a Microsoft Windows-based hosted service offering" "Executives at the company were well aware that customers were making inquiries about purchasing dedicated hosting services built on the Microsoft� Windows� operat...

[News] 4 Linux Releases: Foresight Linux 1.1, Ubuntu CE 2.2, Kwort 2.2, Mandriva 2007.1 RC1
Foresight Linux 1.1 is out ! http://foresightlinux.com/downloads/ Kwort [Slackware derivative] 2.2 final released! ,----[ Quote ] | I'm proud to announce that Kwort 2.2 final version has been released | after a very long time (more than a year). The system is very stable | and very usable. `---- http://kwort.org/?page=NewsViewer&ID=45&PHPSESSID=1d286ac69fabebf18b4db27ded0b277d Mandriva Linux 2007 Spring RC1 (aka "Xianyang") ,----[ Quote ] | New since Mandriva Linux 2007: | | * Major desktop components | o KDE 3.5.6 | o GNOME 2.18 (RC: final release will include GNOME 2.18) | o OpenOffice.org 2.1 | o Mozilla Firefox 2.0 `---- http://wiki.mandriva.com/en/Releases/Mandriva/2007.1/Development/RC1 ...

os.linux.advocacy
Dear Friend, I have found some great articles at: http://www.familyandtwist.com/ http:www.articlestwist.com/ http://www.downloadstwist.com/ http://www.wallpaperstwist.com/ Read them all. Thanks mahmar07@gmail.com came up with this when s/he headbutted the keyboard a moment ago in comp.os.linux.advocacy: > Dear Friend, > > I have found some great articles at: > <URLs snipped> > Read them all. > > Thanks Not without a summary, I ain't. -- Spanking brand new high end desktop computer: £1700 Spanking brand new colour laser printer/scanner/copier/fax: £600 Vista Ultimate: £369 The look on your face when nothing works: priceless Verily I say unto thee, that Jim spake thusly: > mahmar07@gmail.com came up with this when s/he headbutted the keyboard a > moment ago in comp.os.linux.advocacy: > >> Dear Friend, >> >> I have found some great articles at: >> > <URLs snipped> >> Read them all. >> >> Thanks > > Not without a summary, I ain't. It's worse than that, it's spam Jim, spam Jim, spam Jim. It's worse than that, it's spam Jim, spam Jim, spam. -- K. http://slated.org ..---- | "People are not happy in stinking hellholes of abject poverty, what | is true is that once you cross subsistence ... additional increases | in wealth have virtually no effect on well-being ... This is worth | knowing in case you have a choice between "X...

[News] Almost 1 in 10 in UK Magazine Poll Use GNU/Linux on Desktop, Linux Machines Come From NHS Linux Club

The Truth About Linux Really Pisses Off The Linux Cult.
The absolute best way to piss off the Linux cult and to bring them to their knees is to post links containing legitimate Linux users, or legitimate Linux organizations who document Linux's warts. Watching the half assed Linux cultists attempt to discredit these people because they can't address the points which are all well documented and well known in the community, is worth a fortune in gold. Here are a couple of links, all posted by reputable Linux advocates who are willing to discuss Linux's problems. If you want to drive the Linux cultist type up a wall, use these links because they are proven material. Here is one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sh-cnaJoGCw 2012 is an amazing time for Linux. Huge changes. Amazing opportunities. ...And lots and lots of ways that using Linux just plain sucks. We'll look at some of the more interesting (to me) things that Linux sucks at -- and exactly how to fix them. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcRE3bxdAao "Top 6 Linux disadvantages (I was a bit over the top and said reason why it sucks, but I still love Linux) 1 ? Around 20% of the Community are immature free loading nasty people who leave nonconstructive insulting terrible comments 2 ? Fedora represents division and no unity with Linux Standards 3 ? Sound problems in Linux poor Support 4 ? Graphics Performance poor Support 5 ? Bug Regression ? many things used to work correctly in Linux years ago but these days does not work ...

No Problem'o, DooFuS. I can blame it all on the Linux Mint TEXT size being = too small on my 19 inch monitor. As Moi was saying... I tried two more additional downloads of elementary OS Linux. Both of them= likewise failed. While they could have been discriminating against Moi for his ZERO contribu= tion, I will be damned if I am going to PAY GOOD money for something when t= here is no guarantee that the stupid DOWNLOAD wont fail, JUST TO FIND OUT t= hat it WONT work at all on my computer hardware, let alone whether OR NOT i= t will actually do what is being claimed. Moi has NEVER experienced a download problem with Linux Mint. From what I have seen, elementary OS Linux is a scam, much like those Windo= ws come ons that claim that they can fix your computer problems merely by m= ucking with the Windows Registry. The Linux World should disown elementary OS Linux for being the Scam that i= t is. Or, can any phony distro claim to be Linux? Yeah, where are the Linu= x police? On 7/8/2015 8:22 AM, John Gohde wrote: > No Problem'o, DooFuS. I can blame it all on the Linux Mint TEXT size > being too small on my 19 inch monitor. I blame it on your small cerebrum. > The Linux World should disown elementary OS Linux for being the Scam > that it is. Or, can any phony distro claim to be Linux? Yeah, where > are the Linux police? The Linux police are outside your door right now. I'm not kidding. Look out...

where shall i place a file like libeftapi.so.1.1.8 on LINUX OS?
I have here a file , i think a library to be used by a java demo program of a supplier providing serial interface api that will run on Linux. e.g. libeftapi.so.1.1.3 . Where shall I place this on Linux system??? what subdirectory? Or shall i place it in my JDK1.4\lib director(ies)? i have tried copying this file to different subdirectories in linux and in jdk/*/* .. but still arrive at the same RUN-TIME error... like this java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no eftapijava in java.library.path at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1491) at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.ja...

[News] Nokia Releases New GNU/Linux Operating System (Maemo 5 1.2009.44.1), Adds Linux to Ovi

Linux, linux, you mutter...
Vagrants, scaliwags and bums. That's what you advocates are. Drunk old men, wearing jute pants in the alley. LeeLee Sobiesky looks elegant in this picture: http://www.leeleesobieski.com/pics/lld/lld12.jpg -- Kent East Hill for Bush '04 Death to Kent West Hillians !!! DEATH TO KENT WEST HILL wrote: > > Vagrants, scaliwags and bums. > > That's what you advocates are. > > Drunk old men, wearing jute pants in the alley. > > LeeLee Sobiesky looks elegant in this picture: > > http://www.leeleesobieski.com/pics/lld/lld12.jpg > What is she? like 15? 16? Doesn't that make you a paedophile? -- Donovan Hill Linux User, Canadian.... All around nice guy! All email to the reply-to address above will automatically put your IP in a blocklist and qualify you for a free security audit. In comp.os.linux.advocacy, alt <spamtrap@lazyeyez.net> wrote on Wed, 19 May 2004 01:06:27 GMT <k6nqn1-f9h.ln1@hydrogen.lazyeyez.net>: > DEATH TO KENT WEST HILL wrote: > >> >> Vagrants, scaliwags and bums. >> >> That's what you advocates are. >> >> Drunk old men, wearing jute pants in the alley. >> >> LeeLee Sobiesky looks elegant in this picture: >> >> http://www.leeleesobieski.com/pics/lld/lld12.jpg >> > > What is she? like 15? 16? Doesn't that make you a paedophile? > Lust is not illegal, but acting inappropriately thereon is. :-)...

[News] Tips for Linux Advocacy (from Linux-hostile Site)

Web resources about - Linux not really our competitor says Micros~1 exec - comp.os.linux.advocacy

List of Dancing with the Stars (U.S.) competitors - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Dancing with the Stars is an American reality television show in which celebrity contestants and professional dance partners compete to be the ...

Know Thy Enemy: Keep Track Of Your Facebook Competitors
... on Facebook” discussion at Friday’s AllFacebook Marketing Conference in San Francisco spoke about the importance of keeping tabs on your competitors. ...

New comScore Study Shows Facebook Ads Increase Vehicle Consideration, Decrease Competitor Consideration ...
A new comScore Action Lift study initiated by Facebook shows Facebook’s impact on new vehicle consideration.

Facebook Germany Reaches More Than 1M Users, Gaining Ground on Competitor StudiVZ
While Facebook has achieved significant market penetration in both Switzerland and France this year, with over 14% of the Swiss population and ...

Competitor Magazine (@RunCompetitor) on Twitter

How to Steal the Market from Your Competitor
In the summer of 1981, The Corcoran Group was a tiny company in the big bad world of New York City real estate. Despite the money I spent every ...

Competitor for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store
Get Competitor on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Do You Report Competitors to Google? - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Poll results at www.seroundtable.com/archives/017213.html to use these graphs, link tot he original post.

'Fox News North' under fire from competitors CBC and CTV - YouTube
Visit http://CanuckPolitics.com for more. June 15 to 16, 2010 - Sun TV News executive Kory Teneycke announced plans for a third all-news cable ...

eWay to take on US competitors at home
Aussie dotcom boom start-up eWay is taking on its numerous new US competitors in their home market.