No Problem'o, DooFuS. I can blame it all on the Linux Mint TEXT size being =
too small on my 19 inch monitor.

As Moi was saying...

I tried two more additional downloads of elementary OS Linux.  Both of them=
 likewise failed.

While they could have been discriminating against Moi for his ZERO contribu=
tion, I will be damned if I am going to PAY GOOD money for something when t=
here is no guarantee that the stupid DOWNLOAD wont fail, JUST TO FIND OUT t=
hat it WONT work at all on my computer hardware, let alone whether OR NOT i=
t will actually do what is being claimed.

Moi has NEVER experienced a download problem with Linux Mint.

From what I have seen, elementary OS Linux is a scam, much like those Windo=
ws come ons that claim that they can fix your computer problems merely by m=
ucking with the Windows Registry.

The Linux World should disown elementary OS Linux for being the Scam that i=
t is. Or, can any phony distro claim to be Linux?  Yeah, where are the Linu=
x police?
0
John

On 7/8/2015 8:22 AM, John Gohde wrote:

> No Problem'o, DooFuS. I can blame it all on the Linux Mint TEXT size
> being too small on my 19 inch monitor.

I blame it on your small cerebrum.

> The Linux World should disown elementary OS Linux for being the Scam
> that it is. Or, can any phony distro claim to be Linux?  Yeah, where
> are the Linux police?

The Linux police are outside your door right now.  I'm not kidding. Look
out your window.

0
DFS
7/8/2015 12:32:04 PM
On Wednesday, July 8, 2015 at 8:32:07 AM UTC-4, DFS wrote:
> On 7/8/2015 8:22 AM, John Gohde wrote:
>=20
> > No Problem'o, DooFuS. I can blame it all on the Linux Mint TEXT size
> > being too small on my 19 inch monitor.
>=20
> I blame it on your small cerebrum.
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> > The Linux World should disown elementary OS Linux for being the Scam
> > that it is. Or, can any phony distro claim to be Linux?  Yeah, where
> > are the Linux police?
>=20
>=20
> The Linux police are outside your door right now.  I'm not kidding. Look=
=20
> out your window.

Perhaps, if DooFuS was to focus?

..I tried two more additional downloads of elementary OS Linux.  Both of the=
m likewise failed.

..While they could have been discriminating against Moi for his ZERO contrib=
ution, I will be damned if I am going to PAY GOOD money for something when =
there is no guarantee that the stupid DOWNLOAD wont fail, JUST TO FIND OUT =
that it WONT work at all on my computer hardware, let alone whether OR NOT =
it will actually do what is being claimed.

..Moi has NEVER experienced a download problem with Linux Mint.

..From what I have seen, elementary OS Linux is a scam, much like those Wind=
ows come ons that claim that they can fix your computer problems merely by =
mucking with the Windows Registry.

..The Linux World should disown elementary OS Linux for being the Scam that =
it is. Or, can any phony distro claim to be Linux?  Yeah, where are the Lin=
ux police?
0
John

Linux, Linux, Linux

Why linux is linux

Linux!! Linux!!
From http://groups.google.ca/group/comp.os.linux.misc/about This month 16 t...@invalid.invalid 15 ahlstr...@launchmodem.com 14 goldee_loxnbag...@gmail.com 10 jhas...@newsguy.com 9 mil...@yoyo.org 9 hel...@deepsoft.com 9 hadronqu...@gmail.com 8 ronb02nos...@gmail.com 7 secret...@lxny.org 7 ignoramus8...@nospam.8345.invalid All time 5421 p...@oboe.it.uc3m.es 4508 michael+use...@www.heiming.de 3530 j...@dhh.gt.org 3066 hel...@deepsoft.com 2991 nike_jordan_...@yahoo.com.cn 2651 jdbe...@exit109.com 2474 gra...@visi.com 2216 nikejordangoo...@hotmail.com 1890 rkiesl...@mainmatte...

My Linux is not your Linux
To the denizens of comp.os.linux.advocacy! So many people demonstrate in this newsgroup that they know only a Linux of Hatred and Greed, of paranoia, and of a selfish sense of entitlement. They seem always to be behaving like monkeys in reaction to human dissenters, throwing feces at one another and beating their chests pretending to know something. My Linux is not that Linux. My Linux is the Linux of Love, of sharing, friendship, community. It is a uniquely human Linux and not one for monkeys. When I speak with fellow Linux users in real life (i.e. not in the monkeyhouse of COLA) they remin...

I have Linux! I have Linux!

[News] Mobile Linux Runs Palm OS Applications; New 3G Linux Phones; Open Linux Phone Made More Attractive
Mobile Linux running Palm OS apps demoed ,----[ Quote ] | Access hopes ALP and its Eclipse-based Developer Suite will | provide a long-awaited forward migration path for the many | thousands of "Garnet OS" (recently renamed from "Palm OS") | applications developed throughout the decades since "Palm-Pilot" | first became a household word, in the 1980s. `---- http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS2968683379.html Linux powers pair of 3G dual-mode phones ,----[ Quote ] | MontaVista says its device-oriented Linux operating system was | used in two new 3G business sma...

[News] [Linux] Linux Has Advantage in the Mobile OS World
How Linux morphed from a server to a mobile OS ,----[ Quote ] | When evaluating Linux as a possible OS candidate, it is important to | remember that the Linux "model" for mobile devices is horizontal. That | is, Linux is not presented as a vertically integrated top to bottom | solution for a mobile device supplied by one vendor. | | It's a sharp contrast to the other OS suppliers such as Microsoft | with Windows Mobile, Symbian and PalmSource. These suppliers | support a highly integrated software stack, incorporating not | only an OS but also extensive middleware and applicati...

OT: linux, FC5 (having trouble with alt.os.linux)
I apologize profusely for posting this topic to this newsgroup but either I'm having trouble with alt.os.linux (going on a few days now) or it's having trouble and I don't know which it is (maybe some one else knows). I figured someone here would be knowledgeable enough to help me and/or let me know if my posting problems are mine or the newsgroups (BTW, I've posted from my work and home without luck but they may both use the same ISP). Well, if you've read this far...here's my (attempted?) post to the other group: Topic: shutdown broadcast not showing up for us...

ROX Linux and ROX on OS X and arm linux
Hi I've just just done some searches on Google for ROX linux, and ROX on other platforms. I've not managed to find anything. Is ROX available for OS X? Is ROX available for Acorn\Iyonix Arm linux? Did ROX Linux ever come to anything? I was a member of the mailing list a while ago, it started off interesting and then seemed to go off on a tangent then it all went quiet. It seemed like an excellent idea, a linux distro structured like RISC OS. It would have been an ideal compliment to a RISC OS system, same UI but different set of applications (probably not quite so consiste...

[News] [Linux] Walkthroughs of Sidux (Linux) and Nexenta OS
Nexenta OS Alpha 7 Screenshot Tour ,----[ Quote ] | Nexenta OS (elatte) Alpha 7 is now available. Release Highlights: | OpenSolaris & NWS build 61 (non-debug); installer - new | partitioning wizard, installer log (via F3), usabilityf | ixes, built-in driver availability detection... `---- http://osdir.com/Article9845.phtml sidux 2007-02 Preview 1 Screenshot Tour ,----[ Quote ] | What's on the menu: Debian sid, up to date as of 2007-05-13; kernel | 2.6.21.1 (SMP, voluntary preemption, mac80211); minimal, but fully | functional KDE 3.5.6 (en + de); completely overhauled early boot | ...

os.linux.advocacy
Dear Friend, I have found some great articles at: http://www.familyandtwist.com/ http:www.articlestwist.com/ http://www.downloadstwist.com/ http://www.wallpaperstwist.com/ Read them all. Thanks mahmar07@gmail.com came up with this when s/he headbutted the keyboard a moment ago in comp.os.linux.advocacy: > Dear Friend, > > I have found some great articles at: > <URLs snipped> > Read them all. > > Thanks Not without a summary, I ain't. -- Spanking brand new high end desktop computer: £1700 Spanking brand new colour laser printer/scanner/copier/fax...

How were u introduce to Linux & what was ur 1st Linux OS???
my experience is available at http://groups.google.co.in/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/browse_thread/thread/6fb0ed2888acab2e?hl=en# v cube wrote: > my experience is available at > http://groups.google.co.in/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/browse_thread thread/6fb0ed2888acab2e?hl=en# You should try all the livecds. They are free to copy and boot up without having to install - saves you days of work when evaluating different distros. http://www.livecdlist.com free to copy and install on as many machines as you wish. PCs a heck of a lot cheap these days too. At least 3 different Linux PCs ...

[News] [Linux] More Speculations About a Google OS Based on GNU/Linux
Google admits that it is going after Microsoft Office... Is Windows next? ,----[ Quote ] | So that brings us to the obvious question: What about the operating | system? There have been rumors for years about a Google PC and/or | Google OS that was based on Linux and aimed at providing a simple, | intuitive desktop for the masses. Naturally, that Google PC would | primarily be an Internet terminal that features Google's online | applications. `---- http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/hiner/?p=465 Still getting slapped for spyware (Dell) and news aggregators... Google stands firm behind N...

[News] [Linux] Another Wireless Solution Uses Linux-based OS
Aerohive Courts Controller-less WiFi ,----[ Quote ] | One startup is trying to get rid of the controller to save customers | some important dollars. | | [...] | | Aerohive's cooperative control access point is called the HiveAP 20 | ag and runs HiveOS on top of standard hardware and a standard Linux | kernel. . Flynn explained that HiveOS is based on Linux, with | Aerohive sprinkling in some features for good measure. `---- http://www.internetnews.com/infra/article.php/3676391 ...

[News] [Linux] Man Chooses Linux Over Mac OS X, Windows
Which OS for Ruby on Rails development? ,----[ Quote ] | I've had experience using Linux servers (no GUIs), so I figured I | could always drop back to the command line if something broke and | I've had to once or twice during installations. But overall I have | been pleasantly surprised at how civil an experience it has been. `---- http://falkayn.blogspot.com/2007/05/which-os-for-ruby-on-rails-development.html ...

[News] Hadrons Running on GNU/Linux, "Linux is our OS of choice"

[News] Linux 2.6.32 in Review, "Linux is Not an OS"

[News] [Linux] Linux Gets Prettier, Mac OS X Plays Catch-up
H-K Suite [EN] ,----[ Quote ] | Suite H-K is an union of skins, themes, icons, scripts and | configuration files which got the purpose to create an elegant, | linear Desktop. Differently from meny other dark themes, I tried | to avoid reading problems in most commons programs. Here are some | screenshot from version 0.1. `---- http://embracesblog.mine.nu/?page_id=5 Apple's latest catchup: [Apple's 'Beryl/XGL'] ,----[ Quote ] | With Mac OS X, you can multitask like never before. You can run | several applications at once and have multiple windows open at the | same ti...

[News] Linux Workshop Planned in Cambridge, VxWorks OS Lags Behind Linux

[News] New Releases of GNU/Linux: Salix OS, KahelOS, Berry Linux

[News] RISC OS Alpha on Top of Linux; UNIX Loses Role to Linux
ROLF is a user space layer above the Linux Kernel, providing a superset of the RISC OS look and feel on Linux. ,----[ Quote ] | A first attempt at a Live CD has been uploaded here (169MB download, a | bzipped iso), the space has been kindly donated by Ned Abell. `---- http://stoppers.drobe.co.uk/ The future of Unix Part 1: IBRS' view ,----[ Quote ] | In these interviews, TechTarget ANZ's Ian Yates speak with analyst Kevin | McIsaac from IBRS, Sun Microsystems' Laurie Wong and IBM's Phil | MacLouchlainn. The hypothetical is the death of Unix at the hands of Linux. `---...

The non-Linux Linux
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNU_Hurd http://www.archhurd.org/ The Hurd aims to surpass the Unix kernel in functionality, security, and stability, while remaining largely compatible with it. Can this compete with the now Google-backed Linux kernel? taka0038@gmail.com wrote: > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNU_Hurd > > http://www.archhurd.org/ > > The Hurd aims to surpass the Unix kernel in functionality, security, and > stability, while remaining largely compatible with it. > > Can this compete with the now Google-backed Linux kernel? Yes. In a...

Web resources about - Linux should disown elementary OS Linux for the Scam that it is. - comp.os.linux.advocacy

ELEMENTARY - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The name was coined by László Kalmár , in the context of recursive functions and undecidability ; most problems in it are far from elementary. ...

Dear patrons and Uintah Elementary... - Salt Lake City School District - Facebook
Dear patrons and Uintah Elementary parents, We have been investigating the lunch situation at Uintah Elementary School and would like to share ...

elementary (@elementary) on Twitter
Log in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here elementary @ elementary elementary ...

Elementary Minute on the App Store on iTunes
Get Elementary Minute on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

elementary OS Freya 0.3.2 now available download the Linux distro now
... experience could be paramount. One such Linux-based operating system that puts a priority on design and user experience is the fabulous elementary ...

shopping is elementary my dear Watson
Shopping for outdoor apparel (no matter how outdoorsy you consider yourself) can be pretty overwhelming. How much warmth do I really need? Does ...

Holiday icon banned at NYC elementary school: report
New principal said to forbid even mentioning these holidays and this patriotic standard

Professor Aims To Turn Elementary Students Into Social Justice Warriors
'Learn about social movements, raise awareness, and engage in activism'

CBS Slots ‘Rush Hour’ On Thursday, Moves ‘Elementary’ To Sunday
... The network will premiere new drama Rush Hour at 10 PM Thursday, March 31. The series based on the hit movie franchise will replac e Elementary ...

Elementary Education: Needs Renewed Push – OpEd
Education is an important indicator of inclusive growth for an economy and a critical input for investment in human capital. It is indeed a fundamental ...