Linux sold at least 14 million Linux devices PER DAY ALL DAY in 2010!!!!!!!!!

Linux sold at least 14 million Linux devices PER DAY ALL DAY in 2010!!!!!

Think of all the factories and retailers that made money on the
back of Linux.

Linux sold at least 14 million gadgets PER DAY ALL DAY EVERY DAY
in 2010.

2011 will will be a massive bonanza for electronics factories,
gadget makers, Linux software developers, and governments
that support Linux industries to grab a piece of the action.
This despite global recession.

Obama, you should pull out all the stops to get in on the Linux action.

Here in the UK, I urge David Cameron, Nick Cleg, and George Osborne
to shovel more coal into Linux pot to get more engineers and companies out
there to grab more market share.

On 2/1/2011 4:14 PM, 7 wrote:

<yawn>

Your visit to the asylum, an extended rest-bit, didn't help you, huh?
0
Steel
2/1/2011 9:17:59 PM
"7" <email_at_www_at_enemygadgets_dot_com@enemygadgets.com> schreef in
bericht news:6J_1p.60981$wJ1.53972@newsfe08.ams2...
> Linux sold at least 14 million Linux devices PER DAY ALL DAY in 2010!!!!!

You said you were ill.
Maybe you were in a hospital?
Did you take a look around?
All those nice docters and nurses, use *Windows* !
No Linux in hospitals.
They cured you, thanks to Microsoft, you fool!

0
iso
2/1/2011 9:24:41 PM
On 2/1/2011 4:24 PM, Clog_-_wog (�) wrote:
> "7" <email_at_www_at_enemygadgets_dot_com@enemygadgets.com> schreef in
> bericht news:6J_1p.60981$wJ1.53972@newsfe08.ams2...
>> Linux sold at least 14 million Linux devices PER DAY ALL DAY in 2010!!!!!
>>
> You said you were ill.
> Maybe you were in a hospital?
> Did you take a look around?
> All those nice docters and nurses, use *Windows* !
> No Linux in hospitals.
> They cured you, thanks to Microsoft, you fool!

No, I am afraid you are wrong. There was no cure for 7, or 7 escaped.
0
Steel
2/1/2011 9:30:20 PM
"Steel" <""Fake99XX1199999fake\"@(Big)(Steel)theXfactor.com"> schreef in
bericht news:bcCdnZWTLuHu5tXQnZ2dnUVZ_jGdnZ2d@earthlink.com...
> On 2/1/2011 4:24 PM, Clog_-_wog (�) wrote:
>> "7" <email_at_www_at_enemygadgets_dot_com@enemygadgets.com> schreef in
>> bericht news:6J_1p.60981$wJ1.53972@newsfe08.ams2...
>>> Linux sold at least 14 million Linux devices PER DAY ALL DAY in
>>> 2010!!!!!
>>>
>> You said you were ill.
>> Maybe you were in a hospital?
>> Did you take a look around?
>> All those nice docters and nurses, use *Windows* !
>> No Linux in hospitals.
>> They cured you, thanks to Microsoft, you fool!
>
> No, I am afraid you are wrong. There was no cure for 7, or 7 escaped.

I noticed that he's still mentally "unstable", to put it nicely ;-)

0
Clogwog
2/1/2011 9:40:58 PM
On 2/1/2011 4:14 PM, 7 wrote:

> Linux sold at least 14 million Linux devices PER DAY ALL DAY in 2010!!!!!

The crazy is back with his bullshit lies.

Did you arrive here with the aid of your "Magnetic Pulse Detonation Wave
Engine"?  Or were you riding a Halogen Drive-based aircycle ala Star Trek?

http://www.angelfire.com/linux/dfs0/7_hovercraft.png

LMFAO!!

Hey, at least this guy put his money where his mouth is and built
something real:
http://www.webslnger.com/hovercraft/

0
DFS
2/1/2011 9:46:23 PM
7 wrote:
> Linux sold at least 14 million Linux devices PER DAY ALL DAY in 2010!!!!!
>
> Think of all the factories and retailers that made money on the
> back of Linux.
>
> Linux sold at least 14 million gadgets PER DAY ALL DAY EVERY DAY
> in 2010.
>
> 2011 will will be a massive bonanza for electronics factories,
> gadget makers, Linux software developers, and governments
> that support Linux industries to grab a piece of the action.
> This despite global recession.
>
> Obama, you should pull out all the stops to get in on the Linux action.
>
> Here in the UK, I urge David Cameron, Nick Cleg, and George Osborne
> to shovel more coal into Linux pot to get more engineers and companies out
> there to grab more market share.

The continued drop in price of system-on-a-chip has influenced embedded
system developers to use SoC instead of custom hardware (that usually uses
no software or custom software) more and more.

Linux's superb support for virtually every SoC on the market along with a
great feature set: top real time performance, freely available source code,
great development tools, and no licensing costs along with the above shift
to SoC has made Linux the most used software/kernel in embedded systems.

I don't know what the total numbers of devices using Linux are but seeing
that just Android phones are now being activated at a rate over 300 thousand
per day, I would not be surprised if all devices using Linux (e.g. routers,
TV, watches, SAN, PVR, machine controllers, picture frames, GPSs, music
players, tablets) are in the many millions per day.

Regards.

0
Lusotec
2/2/2011 1:14:35 AM
On Tuesday, February 1, 2011 4:14:41 PM UTC-5, 7 wrote:
> Linux sold at least 14 million Linux devices PER DAY ALL DAY in 2010!!!!!

Do you have a link for this one?  I couldn't find one.

I know Google is activating about 300,000 Android phones per day.

http://www.intech-bb.com/google-activates-300000-android-devices-per-day/

But I wasn't able to find a link showing 14 million a day, other than some =
newsgroup chatter.

I remember another Linux Devices once saying 10 million a day, including al=
l versions of embedded Linux.

> Think of all the factories and retailers that made money on the
> back of Linux.

> Linux sold at least 14 million gadgets PER DAY ALL DAY EVERY DAY
> in 2010.

http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/2010/08/11/the-great-game-mobile-devices-overta=
king-pcs/

It's plausible, since Embedded Linux is in so many different types of devic=
es, including:

http://www.linuxfordevices.com/c/a/Linux-For-Devices-Articles/The-Linux-Dev=
ices-Showcase/

And Embedded BSD and Embedded UNIX could be lumped in with that (including =
iOS)

http://www.freebsdnews.net/2008/07/24/freebsd-embedded-systems/

http://bengross.com/smallunix/

http://www.linuxfordevices.com/c/a/Linux-For-Devices-Articles/Single-Board-=
Computer-SBC-Quick-Reference-Guide/

There are so many new devices running Linux, BSD, FreeBSD, and other commer=
cialized versions of BSD or UNIX.

Cisco/LinkSys, D-Link, Belkin, NetGear and others have made a whole industr=
y out of Linux devices selling for under $100 that perform the work that us=
ed to be done by expensive PCs and servers.

Linux has also shown up in VOIP phones such as Vonage, and in corporate ser=
ver support devices such as SAN and NAS storage.  And of course there are a=
 bunch of cell phones including Android devices.

Linux and UNIX are also found in HDTV and flat-panel displays.

The devices are "Commercialized" - often compiled with proprietary drivers =
in a single shared library, or with Open Source drivers compiled in.

And the Linux community has often turned around to create new devices, for =
example, NetGear WiFi hubs with USB have been turned into Samba servers or =
even ultra-light web servers.  Most of these devices have built-in web serv=
ers used for configuration.

Linux on ARM and "Linux-on-a-Chip" devices can be as small as an ethernet p=
lug, and can be found in appliances that used to be implemented using discr=
ete electronics, such as DVD players, MP3 players, Electronic Picture Frame=
s, and of course e-books, e-readers, and other lightweight low-cost devices=
..  Linux and UNIX now power most GPS devices as well as many of the display=
 consoles in automobiles.

Real-time versions of Linux and UNIX even coordinate and monitor automobile=
s, tractors, and other types of engines.

Linux powered SCADA devices are often half the size of a credit card, and c=
an also be used for things like advanced RFID functions.

Linux devices are now used in "smart cameras", recording equipment, and eve=
n digital cameras and video cameras.

The reason you don't see "Linux" or Tux, or some other type of formal brand=
ing is that Linus has never required it.  Linus owns the trademark, as well=
 as the copyright to Linux, but does not make branding a requirement of usi=
ng Linux.

> 2011 will will be a massive bonanza for electronics factories,
> gadget makers, Linux software developers, and governments
> that support Linux industries to grab a piece of the action.
> This despite global recession.=20

> Obama, you should pull out all the stops to get in on the Linux action.

Obama is aware of Linux, and several government agencies have been pretty c=
lear about the advantages of Linux.  At the same time, it's unlikely that O=
bama will be doing any sort of antitrust actions against Microsoft.

> Here in the UK, I urge David Cameron, Nick Cleg, and George Osborne
> to shovel more coal into Linux pot to get more engineers and companies ou=
t=20
> there to grab more market share.

Microsoft has been more and more narrowly defining the market it dominates,=
 so that it can continue to claim that 98% of the "PCs" sold are sold with =
Windows pre-installed.

Many device makers are deliberately avoiding the term "PC"- even when it's =
possible to get a blue-tooth keyboard for an iPad (or Android?) that will l=
et you use the tablet as if it were a NetBook.

0
Rex