Linux - they give it away free

And still no one wants it. Sad. Heck, they can't even convince Dell to carry
it.

0
Bit

On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 23:59:33 -0500, Bit wrote:

> And still no one wants it. Sad. Heck, they can't even convince Dell to carry
> it.

Stupid bitch.

--
Rick

0
none10 (4038)
11/20/2004 5:00:00 AM
Rick wrote:
| On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 23:59:33 -0500, Bit wrote:
|
|| And still no one wants it. Sad. Heck, they can't even convince Dell to
|| carry it.
|
| Stupid bitch.

Yeah, that's what Dell said.

0
Bit
11/20/2004 5:18:02 AM
Error log for Fri, 19 Nov 2004 23:59:33 -0500:  Bit caused a Page Fault at
address <1100926771.v7lZ/YR4hI9OhonjL18mvg@teranews>, details...

> And still no one wants it. Sad. Heck, they can't even convince Dell to
> carry it.

Is that why The Gates Foundation "donated" some massive bucks to the
Mexican Gov't in order to remain with M$ solutions?  And why extreme
"discounts" were offered to other institutions in order to stay with M$
Windows?

Seems to me that for M$ to retain clientele, they have to pay *them*!

--
rapskat -  00:22:47 up  7:29,  3 users,  load average: 0.87, 0.93, 0.59
You will have a long and unpleasant discussion with your supervisor.

0
rapskat (1102)
11/20/2004 5:25:10 AM
Bit wrote:
> And still no one wants it. Sad. Heck, they can't even convince Dell
> to carry it.

Look here, you fucking idiot:

http://search.dell.com/results.aspx?cat=all&s=gen&c=us&l=en&cs=&k=linux

So much for your grand entrance, you piece of shit.

0
Bit
11/20/2004 5:31:06 AM
Bit of Shit wrote:
| Bit wrote:
|| And still no one wants it. Sad. Heck, they can't even convince Dell
|| to carry it.
|
| Look here, you fucking idiot:
|
| http://search.dell.com/results.aspx?cat=all&s=gen&c=us&l=en&cs=&k=linux
|
| So much for your grand entrance, you piece of shit.

The link you gave only shows Linux still in its boxes, it's not installed on
any Dell computers. Dell doesn't want Linux. It sucks.

0
Bit
11/20/2004 5:40:25 AM
Bit wrote:

> And still no one wants it. Sad. Heck, they can't even convince Dell to
> carry it.

4 out of the top 5 worlds fastest computers run Linux, not Windows. Windows
loses out to the cheap OS. Same in the film special effects studios.... Who
cares about Dell. If the OS is free, just get the compture and install
Linux.
0
noting (1244)
11/20/2004 6:06:05 AM
Bit wrote:

> Rick wrote:
> | On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 23:59:33 -0500, Bit wrote:
> |
> || And still no one wants it. Sad. Heck, they can't even convince Dell to
> || carry it.
> |
> | Stupid bitch.
>
> Yeah, that's what Dell said.

Dell called you a "stupid bitch" for claiming that Dell does not carry
Linux, eh?

http://www1.us.dell.com/content/topics/global.aspx/alliances/en/linux?c=us&cs=555&l=en&s=biz

begin   quote

Dell has been offering Linux on PowerEdge servers since 1999 and has a
dedicated Linux Development team that validates, qualifies and validates
Red Hat Enterprise Linux and SUSE Enterprise Linux operating systems on
Dell PowerEdge servers. "

end  quote

Dell has been offering Linux since 1999.
0
noting (1244)
11/20/2004 6:09:28 AM
begin  Bit wrote:

> And still no one wants it.

No, you're despised everywhere, Flatfish
0
hamilcar2 (2912)
11/20/2004 6:29:44 AM
Bit wrote:
> And still no one wants it. Sad. Heck, they can't even convince Dell to carry
> it.

When I bought this Inspiron5100, I asked Dell if they (or the laptop in
question) supported Linux. They told me, while they didn't officially
support Linux on their home computing range, many successes were
reported. They then directed me to http://linux.dell.com

I haven't had a problem with Mandrake on this laptop and would imagine
many other Dell users can say the same. That said, I haven't tried/used
the built-in modem, but then I don't have a use for it.

The only hardware difficulties you have with the friendlier distro's are
when it boils down to an el cheapo POS Windows 'hardware'. Not Linux's
fault. I think it's amazing the developers get these components to work
in any fashion at all under Linux.

--
     .___          .__
   __| _/_______  _|__|____    ____   ____  ____
Rick wrote:
| On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 23:59:33 -0500, Bit wrote:
|
|| And still no one wants it. Sad. Heck, they can't even convince Dell to
|| carry it.
|
| Stupid bitch.

Yeah, that's what Dell said.

0
Bit
11/20/2004 12:04:25 PM
Bit of Shit wrote:
| Bit wrote:
|| And still no one wants it. Sad. Heck, they can't even convince Dell
|| to carry it.
|
| Look here, you fucking idiot:
|
| http://search.dell.com/results.aspx?cat=all&s=gen&c=us&l=en&cs=&k=linux
|
| So much for your grand entrance, you piece of shit.

The link you gave only shows Linux still in its boxes, it's not installed on
any Dell computers. Dell doesn't want Linux. It sucks.

0
Bit
11/20/2004 12:04:29 PM
0
dfnsonfsduifb (1191)
11/20/2004 1:54:27 PM
rapskat poked his little head through the XP firewall and said:

> Error log for Fri, 19 Nov 2004 23:59:33 -0500:  Bit caused a Page Fault at
> address <1100926771.v7lZ/YR4hI9OhonjL18mvg@teranews>, details...
>
>> And still no one wants it. Sad. Heck, they can't even convince Dell to
>> carry it.
>
> Is that why The Gates Foundation "donated" some massive bucks to the
> Mexican Gov't in order to remain with M$ solutions?  And why extreme
> "discounts" were offered to other institutions in order to stay with M$
> Windows?
>
> Seems to me that for M$ to retain clientele, they have to pay *them*!

Not to mention that Microsoft, through its charitable proxy, the /Bill and
Melinda Gates Foundation/, gives away hundreds of workstations and servers
to libraries through the "Gates Library Initiative", so that now, when you
go to your public library, you see the friggin' XP logo all over the place.
What's next, having the librarians wearing corporate logos?

Ironic, too, that Gates is working hand-in-glove with the media industry to
lock down and control the very DVDs and CDs that the library loans.  So far
they can't lock down the books, but I fear there will be a push to move to
electronic books and readers, someday.

--
Penguins love icebergs.
0
Bit wrote:

And still everyone pays for it. Sad.
Heck, they can't even convince Dell$ to carry GNU/Linux free
because of the illegal back handers that Dell$ receives
from M$ whenever they ship a PC with Windopes
which they won't get if they shipped a PC with GNU/Linux.

This illegal back hander is of course monopoly money already paid
for by M$ customers unknowingly and involuntarily
and forms an illegal subsidy by M$ of
Dell$ avoiding creating new kinds of illegal monopoly practices
that undercuts local suppliers.

So, stop paying the Dell$ M$ back handers - install GNU/Linux on your
PC and prevent suppliers from charging you for
pre-installed OS by buying from those who don't sell M$ OS
such as GNU/Linux PC suppliers.

Why is that?

Because thats the God Damned American Way sister!
Yippy Ay Yea!

On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 16:23:46 +0000, 7 wrote:

7 must be either your IQ or your age.
Either way the output seems the same.
foamy
0
flipal (334)
11/20/2004 4:29:45 PM
Bit wrote:

> Bit of Shit wrote:
> | Bit wrote:
> || And still no one wants it. Sad. Heck, they can't even convince Dell
> || to carry it.
> |
> | Look here, you fucking idiot:
> |
> | http://search.dell.com/results.aspx?cat=all&s=gen&c=us&l=en&cs=&k=linux
> |
> | So much for your grand entrance, you piece of shit.
>
> The link you gave only shows Linux still in its boxes, it's not installed
> on any Dell computers. Dell doesn't want Linux. It sucks.

http://www1.us.dell.com/content/topics/global.aspx/alliances/en/linux?c=us&cs=555&l=en&s=biz

Linux INSTALLED on Dell computers since 1999. You are a liar. ]

begin  quote

Dell has been offering Linux on PowerEdge servers since 1999 and has a
dedicated Linux Development team that validates, qualifies and validates
Red Hat Enterprise Linux and SUSE Enterprise Linux operating systems on
Dell PowerEdge servers.

end  quote
0
noting (1244)
11/20/2004 5:40:49 PM
begin  foamy wrote:

> Either way the output seems the same.

It's 100% fish urine and fish feces.  Living in a aquarium must suck.
0
hamilcar2 (2912)
11/20/2004 6:31:03 PM
7 came up with this:

> Bit wrote:
>
> And still everyone pays for it. Sad.
> Heck, they can't even convince Dell$ to carry GNU/Linux free
> because of the illegal back handers that Dell$ receives
> from M$ whenever they ship a PC with Windopes
> which they won't get if they shipped a PC with GNU/Linux.
>
> This illegal back hander is of course monopoly money already paid
> for by M$ customers unknowingly and involuntarily
> and forms an illegal subsidy by M$ of
> Dell$ avoiding creating new kinds of illegal monopoly practices
> that undercuts local suppliers.
>
> So, stop paying the Dell$ M$ back handers - install GNU/Linux on your
> PC and prevent suppliers from charging you for
> pre-installed OS by buying from those who don't sell M$ OS
> such as GNU/Linux PC suppliers.
>
> Why is that?
>
> Because thats the God Damned American Way sister!
> Yippy Ay Yea!

I heard you went to see the doctor and told him that you wanted a little
wart removed; so he had you thrown out of his office.

--
-John Holmes-

"It ain't much, if it ain't Dutch..."

0
John
11/20/2004 6:55:25 PM
7 <website_has_email@www.ecu.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in

> Bit wrote:
>
> And still everyone pays for it. Sad.
> Heck, they can't even convince Dell$ to carry GNU/Linux free
> because of the illegal back handers that Dell$ receives
> from M$ whenever they ship a PC with Windopes
> which they won't get if they shipped a PC with GNU/Linux.
>
> This illegal back hander is of course monopoly money already paid
> for by M$ customers unknowingly and involuntarily
> and forms an illegal subsidy by M$ of
> Dell$ avoiding creating new kinds of illegal monopoly practices
> that undercuts local suppliers.
>
> So, stop paying the Dell$ M$ back handers - install GNU/Linux on your
> PC and prevent suppliers from charging you for
> pre-installed OS by buying from those who don't sell M$ OS
> such as GNU/Linux PC suppliers.
>
> Why is that?
>
> Because thats the God Damned American Way sister!
> Yippy Ay Yea!

That might be one reason. Of course, the other is that they recognize that
Linux is mispelled and that it is really Linsux, and its real name doesn't
market very well, and they sure don't want to support it - they'd be
getting more support calls than atoms in the universe.

Toad
0
toad5433 (43)
11/21/2004 2:56:06 AM
7 wrote:
> Bit wrote:
>
> And still everyone pays for it. Sad.
> Heck, they can't even convince Dell$ to carry GNU/Linux free
> because of the illegal back handers that Dell$ receives
> from M$ whenever they ship a PC with Windopes
> which they won't get if they shipped a PC with GNU/Linux.
>
> This illegal back hander is of course monopoly money already paid
> for by M$ customers unknowingly and involuntarily
> and forms an illegal subsidy by M$ of
> Dell$ avoiding creating new kinds of illegal monopoly practices
> that undercuts local suppliers.
>
> So, stop paying the Dell$ M$ back handers - install GNU/Linux on your
> PC and prevent suppliers from charging you for
> pre-installed OS by buying from those who don't sell M$ OS
> such as GNU/Linux PC suppliers.
>
> Why is that?
>
> Because thats the God Damned American Way sister!
> Yippy Ay Yea!

Fuck off, child. Your a fucktard, which is worse than being a cretin and a
moron!

Dr. Bill wrote:

> 7 wrote:
>> Bit wrote:
>>
>> And still everyone pays for it. Sad.
>> Heck, they can't even convince Dell$ to carry GNU/Linux free
>> because of the illegal back handers that Dell$ receives
>> from M$ whenever they ship a PC with Windopes
>> which they won't get if they shipped a PC with GNU/Linux.
>>
>> This illegal back hander is of course monopoly money already paid
>> for by M$ customers unknowingly and involuntarily
>> and forms an illegal subsidy by M$ of
>> Dell$ avoiding creating new kinds of illegal monopoly practices
>> that undercuts local suppliers.
>>
>> So, stop paying the Dell$ M$ back handers - install GNU/Linux on your
>> PC and prevent suppliers from charging you for
>> pre-installed OS by buying from those who don't sell M$ OS
>> such as GNU/Linux PC suppliers.
>>
>> Why is that?
>>
>> Because thats the God Damned American Way sister!
>> Yippy Ay Yea!
>
> Fuck off, child. Your a fucktard, which is worse than being a cretin and a
> moron!

Talking of children, the illegal payments
are also gathered from schools and colleges.

A lot of this money gathered from schools and
colleges and paid to Dell$ and other corporations
as illegal monopoly subsidies is money overcharged to
educational establishments to subtract directly from
the education budget.

If you are a school or an educational establishment,
you can look into GNU/Linux and liveCDs such as the
list here http://www.frozentech.com/content/livecd.php
and something like Quantian LiveCD for example
boots from CD without installing
and give you xmaxima which solves symbolic maths
equations. And its all free stuff along with source code.

7 wrote:

(Nothing of any importance.) Go suck a cock in cola... you know you want to.

damian11 (53)
11/21/2004 4:18:00 PM
7 wrote:
> Dr. Bill wrote:
>
>> 7 wrote:
>>> Bit wrote:
>>>
>>> And still everyone pays for it. Sad.
>>> Heck, they can't even convince Dell$ to carry GNU/Linux free
>>> because of the illegal back handers that Dell$ receives
>>> from M$ whenever they ship a PC with Windopes
>>> which they won't get if they shipped a PC with GNU/Linux.
>>>
>>> This illegal back hander is of course monopoly money already paid
>>> for by M$ customers unknowingly and involuntarily
>>> and forms an illegal subsidy by M$ of
>>> Dell$ avoiding creating new kinds of illegal monopoly practices
>>> that undercuts local suppliers.
>>>
>>> So, stop paying the Dell$ M$ back handers - install GNU/Linux on
>>> your PC and prevent suppliers from charging you for
>>> pre-installed OS by buying from those who don't sell M$ OS
>>> such as GNU/Linux PC suppliers.
>>>
>>> Why is that?
>>>
>>> Because thats the God Damned American Way sister!
>>> Yippy Ay Yea!
>>
>> Fuck off, child. Your a fucktard, which is worse than being a cretin
>> and a moron!
>
> Talking of children, the illegal payments................

<snipped crap, aside who cares>
*Red* *alert* , stay away, this froup and usenet might be infected with a
fucktard called 7 replying, in this case a Linuxfuck(tard) *Red* *alert*

John Holmes wrote:

> I heard you went to see the doctor and told him that you wanted a little
> wart removed; so he had you thrown out of his office.

You daft bugger - it was your doctor.
You hit your head flying out the window - don't you remeber?

Damian wrote:

> 7 wrote:
>
> (Nothing of any importance.) Go suck a cock in cola... you know you want
> to.

You paid for a cock in eula. You know you had to.

Dr. Bill wrote:

> 7 wrote:
>> Dr. Bill wrote:

>>> Fuck off, child. Your a fucktard, which is worse than being a cretin
>>> and a moron!
>>
>> Talking of children, the illegal payments................
>
> <snipped crap, aside who cares>
> *Red* *alert* , stay away, this froup and usenet might be infected with a
> fucktard called 7 replying, in this case a Linuxfuck(tard) *Red* *alert*

Whats a red alert?

don't you remeber?

I'm busy now. Can I ignore you some other time?
--
-John Holmes-

"It ain't much, if it ain't Dutch..."

0
John
11/21/2004 7:31:30 PM
7 wrote:
> Dr. Bill wrote:
>
>> 7 wrote:

>>> Talking of children, the illegal payments................
>>
>> <snipped crap, aside who cares>
>> *Red* *alert* , stay away, this froup and usenet might be infected
>> with a fucktard called 7 replying, in this case a Linuxfuck(tard)
>> *Red* *alert*
>
> Whats a red alert?

Limited vocabulary, heh!, like all the linuxfux!
pronunciation:  red u'lurt,
red alert
       n : the highest level of alert when an attack by the enemy seems
           immanent (or more generally a state of alert resulting
           from immanent danger)

"Dr. Bill" <bill_dctrREMOVETHIS@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<41a09182$0$816$3a628fcd@textreader.nntp.hccnet.nl>...
> 7 wrote:
> > Bit wrote:
> >
> > And still everyone pays for it. Sad.
> > Heck, they can't even convince Dell$ to carry GNU/Linux free
> > because of the illegal back handers that Dell$ receives
> > from M$ whenever they ship a PC with Windopes
> > which they won't get if they shipped a PC with GNU/Linux.
> >
> > This illegal back hander is of course monopoly money already paid
> > for by M$ customers unknowingly and involuntarily
> > and forms an illegal subsidy by M$ of
> > Dell$ avoiding creating new kinds of illegal monopoly practices
> > that undercuts local suppliers.
> >
> > So, stop paying the Dell$ M$ back handers - install GNU/Linux on your
> > PC and prevent suppliers from charging you for
> > pre-installed OS by buying from those who don't sell M$ OS
> > such as GNU/Linux PC suppliers.
> >
> > Why is that?
> >
> > Because thats the God Damned American Way sister!
> > Yippy Ay Yea!
>
> Fuck off, child. Your a fucktard, which is worse than being a cretin and a
> moron!

lol!
0
aquila_deus (705)
11/22/2004 5:24:14 AM
7 <website_has_email@www.ecu.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message news:<wS2od.35588$Y7.18344@fe1.news.blueyonder.co.uk>...
> Dr. Bill wrote:
>
> > 7 wrote:
> >> Bit wrote:
> >>
> >> And still everyone pays for it. Sad.
> >> Heck, they can't even convince Dell$ to carry GNU/Linux free
> >> because of the illegal back handers that Dell$ receives
> >> from M$ whenever they ship a PC with Windopes
> >> which they won't get if they shipped a PC with GNU/Linux.
> >>
> >> This illegal back hander is of course monopoly money already paid
> >> for by M$ customers unknowingly and involuntarily
> >> and forms an illegal subsidy by M$ of
> >> Dell$ avoiding creating new kinds of illegal monopoly practices
> >> that undercuts local suppliers.
> >>
> >> So, stop paying the Dell$ M$ back handers - install GNU/Linux on your
> >> PC and prevent suppliers from charging you for
> >> pre-installed OS by buying from those who don't sell M$ OS
> >> such as GNU/Linux PC suppliers.
> >>
> >> Why is that?
> >>
> >> Because thats the God Damned American Way sister!
> >> Yippy Ay Yea!
> >
> > Fuck off, child. Your a fucktard, which is worse than being a cretin and a
> > moron!
>
> Talking of children, the illegal payments
> are also gathered from schools and colleges.
>
> A lot of this money gathered from schools and
> colleges and paid to Dell$ and other corporations
> as illegal monopoly subsidies is money overcharged to
> educational establishments to subtract directly from
> the education budget.
>
> If you are a school or an educational establishment,
> you can look into GNU/Linux and liveCDs such as the
> list here http://www.frozentech.com/content/livecd.php
> and something like Quantian LiveCD for example
> boots from CD without installing
> and give you xmaxima which solves symbolic maths
> equations. And its all free stuff along with source code.

It's the government's mistake. Those sick and brainless bastards
should be rooted out from the world! Revolution!!
0
aquila_deus (705)
11/22/2004 5:28:12 AM
Dr. Bill wrote:

> 7 wrote:
>> Dr. Bill wrote:

>>> <snipped crap, aside who cares>
>>> *Red* *alert* , stay away, this froup and usenet might be infected
>>> with a fucktard called 7 replying, in this case a Linuxfuck(tard)
>>> *Red* *alert*
>>
>> Whats a red alert?
>
> Limited vocabulary, heh!, like all the linuxfux!
> pronunciation:  red u'lurt,
> red alert
>        n : the highest level of alert when an attack by the enemy seems
>            immanent (or more generally a state of alert resulting
>            from immanent danger)

Thats not what clippy told me:

Red Alert
       n : The highest level of alert when attack by your BSA
           is imminent. Haha. I just contacted microshaft and the BSA.
           Run boy Run! Hide! QUICK! Red Alert! Red Alert!
           This guy hasn't paid! You should have paid!
           Red Alert. Help me! I'm being used without a eula!
           EULA eula, I want my eula...

"Bit" <e@f.g> wrote:

>And still no one wants it. Sad. Heck, they can't even convince Dell to carry
>it.

*plonk*

0
chrisv (22840)