Linux..the easy to use OS.

Today children, we'll look at installing a DVD player...

> >Thanks for the tip.  But I'm getting this problem:
>
> >$ emerge xine-ui
> >Calculating dependencies \
> >emerge: there are no masked or unmasked ebuilds to satisfy
> >   ">=net-ftp/curl-7.10.2".
>
> >!!! Error calculating dependencies. Please correct.
>
> >Turns out I have curl installed, but it is in net-misc, not net-ftp.

> Whoa there ... That problem was supposedly fixed sometime back in April.
> When did you last 'emerge sync', and from what mirror?  You may want to
> use 'emerge -dp' to find out exactly what package brings in the
> incorrect dependency, but expect rather verbose output.

See? Nice'n'simple.

--
Conor

-- George Patton
0
conor.turton (877)

--
PeKaJe

Linux has a history of standing on the shoulders of giants, while Microsoft has
a history of trying to break giants' legs.  The latter is quite less efficient.
0
usenet21 (2482)
1/5/2005 7:09:11 PM
begin  It was on Wed, 05 Jan 2005 18:34:04 +0000, that the Conor troll
scribbled:

> Today children, we'll look at installing a DVD player...

<snip>

Once again Conor shows his idiocy.
0
willpoast (5106)
1/5/2005 7:13:44 PM
Conor wrote:

> Today children, we'll look at installing a DVD player...

This is that nasty candy man children.
He will make you pay.
He has paid and has become the bosom buddy of Billy Goat the anti-christ.
Once the holy ghost has left you, you will
astro turf for M$ just like him and forget to boot up
your liveCD and play like happy children do all day.

In article <MPG.1c463d1d8c1b6d12989be3@news.giganews.com> (Wed, 05 Jan
2005 18:34:04 +0000), Conor wrote:

> See? Nice'n'simple.

See see you're simple, if not nice.

--
"[T]he Boies team is really stepping up with the key generals there running
 the case now as it relates to the litigation. They're firmly driving that."

0
hamilcar2 (2912)
1/5/2005 8:20:07 PM
0