Major Problems On The Linux Desktop. Why Linux is NOT Ready For The Desktop even in 2013.

http://linuxfonts.narod.ru/why.linux.is.not.ready.for.the.desktop.current.html

http://tinyurl.com/63qhmal

This one is a beauty!
Hey Scott, make sure and note the Linux Audio section.

Notice how he seems to know about the rabid, zealot Linux community
and how they will attempt to discredit the findings.

"2.Audio subsystem:

No reliable sound system, no reliable unified software audio mixing
(implemented in all modern OSes except Linux), many old or/and
proprietary applications still open audio output exclusively causing
major user problems and headache.

Too many layers of abstraction lead to the situation when the user
cannot determine why his audio doesn't work (ALSA kernel drivers ->
ALSA library ( -> dmix ) -> PulseAudio server -> Alsa library + Pulse
backend -> Application).

(Applies only to certain sound cards, e.g. the Creative Audigy
series)

Insanely difficult to set up volume levels, audio recording and in
some situations even audio output. Highly confusing, not
self-explanatory audio channels names/settings.

(Linux developers don't care about backward compatibility - OSS is
mostly unsupported nowadays, OSSv4 is no longer being developed. ALSA
FTW - like it or not) Changing the default sound card for all
applications (i.e. for old applications using OSS or ALSA directly)
if you have more than one of them is a major PITA."

And that's just one section!

Let the denials begin!

--
flatfish+++
PLEASE VISIT OUR HALL OF LINUX IDIOTS:

flatfish+++ wrote:

< snip hadronesque bullshit >

You are really as stupid as a Hadron and lying like a Snit

Naturally you know nothing about linux
On Sun, 27 Jan 2013 15:34:42 +0100, Peter K�hlmann wrote:

> flatfish+++ wrote:
>

> < snip hadronesque bullshit >
>
> You are really as stupid as a Hadron and lying like a Snit
>
> Naturally you know nothing about linux

Hint: I didn't write the article.
I see you are unable to refute the article.

The truth about Linux hurts which why the Linux community denies the
problems and is why they don't get fixed in a timely fashion.

You are part of the problem Peter Kohlmann.

--
flatfish+++
PLEASE VISIT OUR HALL OF LINUX IDIOTS:
http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/
0
phlatphish (6976)
1/27/2013 2:38:02 PM
After swilling some grog, Peter Köhlmann belched this bit o' wisdom:

> flatfish+++ wrote:
>
> < snip hadronesque bullshit >
>
> You are really as stupid as a Hadron and lying like a Snit
> Naturally you know nothing about linux

And he's quoting from someone just as biased and clueless.  From the
link

   http://linuxfonts.narod.ru/why.linux.is.not.ready.for.the.desktop.current.html

Here's one example:

   No reliable sound system, no reliable unified software audio mixing
   (implemented in all modern OSes except Linux), ...

Here's another:

   No true safe-mode for X.org server. Misconfiguration and broken
   drivers can leave you with a non-functional system, where sometimes
   you cannot access text virtual consoles to rectify the situation.

Bog-standard FUD and lies, and it draws shills and liars like flies.

You could generate the same kind of document for Windows by googling for
all the problems that any user has ever had under Windows and distilling
them into a laundry list, like the author that Flounder quotes has done.

--
The Debian crowd now claim synaptic is crap (as is apt-get) and only
Aptitude is the way to go.  Google it up.
flatfish+++ wrote:

> On Sun, 27 Jan 2013 15:34:42 +0100, Peter Köhlmann wrote:
>
>> flatfish+++ wrote:
>>

>> < snip hadronesque bullshit >
>>
>> You are really as stupid as a Hadron and lying like a Snit
>>
>> Naturally you know nothing about linux
>
> Hint: I didn't write the article.

No. You are way too stupid to even understand that it is plain FUD

> I see you are unable to refute the article.

Idiot

> The truth about Linux hurts which why the Linux community denies the
> problems and is why they don't get fixed in a timely fashion.
>
> You are part of the problem Peter Kohlmann.

Fine. At least I am not a extremely lying Hadron like you Snit, flatfish
Gary Stewart

On Sun, 27 Jan 2013 10:00:08 -0500, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

> After swilling some grog, Peter K�hlmann belched this bit o' wisdom:
>
>> flatfish+++ wrote:
>>
>> < snip hadronesque bullshit >
>>
>> You are really as stupid as a Hadron and lying like a Snit
>> Naturally you know nothing about linux
>
> And he's quoting from someone just as biased and clueless.  From the
> link
>
>    http://linuxfonts.narod.ru/why.linux.is.not.ready.for.the.desktop.current.html
>
> Here's one example:
>
>    No reliable sound system, no reliable unified software audio mixing
>    (implemented in all modern OSes except Linux), ...

That is absolutely true.

> Here's another:
>
>    No true safe-mode for X.org server. Misconfiguration and broken
>    drivers can leave you with a non-functional system, where sometimes
>    you cannot access text virtual consoles to rectify the situation.
>
> Bog-standard FUD and lies, and it draws shills and liars like flies.

That is also true and in fact didn't you screw up your Nvidia
drivers?

> You could generate the same kind of document for Windows by googling for
> all the problems that any user has ever had under Windows and distilling
> them into a laundry list, like the author that Flounder quotes has done.

Yea but Linux is the one with those problems.

It just eats at you when the seamy underbelly of Linux is revealed.

--
flatfish+++
PLEASE VISIT OUR HALL OF LINUX IDIOTS:
http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/
0
phlatphish (6976)
1/27/2013 3:04:07 PM
On Sun, 27 Jan 2013 16:02:21 +0100, Peter K�hlmann wrote:

> flatfish+++ wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 27 Jan 2013 15:34:42 +0100, Peter K�hlmann wrote:
>>
>>> flatfish+++ wrote:
>>>

>>> < snip hadronesque bullshit >
>>>
>>> You are really as stupid as a Hadron and lying like a Snit
>>>
>>> Naturally you know nothing about linux
>>
>> Hint: I didn't write the article.
>
> No. You are way too stupid to even understand that it is plain FUD
>
>> I see you are unable to refute the article.
>
> Idiot
>
>> The truth about Linux hurts which why the Linux community denies the
>> problems and is why they don't get fixed in a timely fashion.
>>
>> You are part of the problem Peter Kohlmann.
>>

> Fine. At least I am not a extremely lying Hadron like you Snit, flatfish
> Gary Stewart

So you have nothing.
I figured as much.

--
flatfish+++
PLEASE VISIT OUR HALL OF LINUX IDIOTS:
http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/
0
phlatphish (6976)
1/27/2013 3:11:58 PM
Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

> After swilling some grog, Peter K�hlmann belched this bit o' wisdom:
>
>> flatfish+++ wrote:
>>
>> < snip hadronesque bullshit >
>>
>> You are really as stupid as a Hadron and lying like a Snit
>> Naturally you know nothing about linux
>
> And he's quoting from someone just as biased and clueless.  From the
> link
>
>    http://linuxfonts.narod.ru/why.linux.is.not.ready.for.the.desktop.current.html
>
> Here's one example:
>
>    No reliable sound system, no reliable unified software audio mixing
>    (implemented in all modern OSes except Linux), ...
>
> Here's another:
>
>    No true safe-mode for X.org server. Misconfiguration and broken
>    drivers can leave you with a non-functional system, where sometimes
>    you cannot access text virtual consoles to rectify the situation.

And this: "Nouveau crashes the system quite often."
Whaaa....??  I've not had that happen in a stable distro!
What distro was this yo-yo using?

And:
"There are still many printers which are not supported at all or only
barely supported (amongst them are Lexmark and Canon)."

So the fuckwit blames GNU/Linux, & *not* the manufacturers for not
making/releasing LInux drivers?

"Adobe Flash player has numerous problems under Linux (badly
supported/unsupported video acceleration, video tearing, crashes and
frames dropping at 100% CPU usage even on high end systems)."
So *again* the fuckwit blames GNU/Linux & *not* Adobe for its software?

"Traditional Linux/Unix (ext4/reiser/xfs/jfs/btrfs/etc.) filesystems are
unusable for mass media storage."
Oh, so wtf are the Linux servers running 60% of the Internet using??

I don't believe GNU/Linux is perfect, but it's a damn site better than
it's rival OSs.

> Bog-standard FUD and lies, and it draws shills and liars like flies.

After reading that load of BS, I read some 'comments' & really did
wonder how many were shills & astroturfers.

"If you think I'm here to spread lies or FUD about Linux, please close
this page immediately and never ever come back."

I did, & I won't.

> You could generate the same kind of document for Windows by googling for
> all the problems that any user has ever had under Windows and distilling
> them into a laundry list, like the author that Flounder quotes has done.

I've no doubt it could be done.

--
1f u c4n r34d th1s u r34lly n33d t0 g37 l41d

Microsoft exec Ron Markezich was quoted saying that for every $1
companies spend on Microsoft software, they need to spend $6 getting
it to work right. -- April 2011 SanFrancisco Chronical -

"Microsoft has vast resources, literally billions of dollars in cash,
or liquid assets reserves.
Microsoft is an incredibly successful empire built on the
premise of market dominance with *low-quality goods*."
-- Former White House adviser Richard A. Clarke --

The day Microsoft makes something that doesn't
suck is probably the day they start making
vacuum cleaners" - Ernst Jan Plugge

What's bad about Micro$oft:
http://www.kmfms.com/whatsbad.html

0
wp2061 (3218)
1/27/2013 3:20:09 PM
flatfish+++ wrote:

>>> You are part of the problem Peter Kohlmann.
>>>

>> Fine. At least I am not a extremely lying Hadron like you Snit, flatfish
>> Gary Stewart
>
> So you have nothing.
> I figured as much.

If you cretinous liar thinks that I am "part of the problem", fine, so be
it.
That still amounts to a lot of things. Namely that I am not a MS shill, a
lying Hadron and a incredibly dishonest Snit like you are, flatfish Gary
Stewrat. And especially not a racist swine like you

So you are "figuring" nothing. As usual

On Sun, 27 Jan 2013 09:14:23 -0500, flatfish+++ Inscribed upon the Golden
Tablets of Usenet thusly:

> http://linuxfonts.narod.ru/
why.linux.is.not.ready.for.the.desktop.current.html

> http://tinyurl.com/63qhmal
>
> This one is a beauty!
> Hey Scott, make sure and note the Linux Audio section.
>
> Notice how he seems to know about the rabid, zealot Linux community and
> how they will attempt to discredit the findings.
>
> "2.Audio subsystem:
>
> No reliable sound system, no reliable unified software audio mixing
> (implemented in all modern OSes except Linux), many old or/and
> proprietary applications still open audio output exclusively causing
> major user problems and headache.
>
> Too many layers of abstraction lead to the situation when the user
> cannot determine why his audio doesn't work (ALSA kernel drivers ->
> ALSA library ( -> dmix ) -> PulseAudio server -> Alsa library + Pulse
> backend -> Application).
>
> (Applies only to certain sound cards, e.g. the Creative Audigy series)
>
> Insanely difficult to set up volume levels, audio recording and in some
> situations even audio output. Highly confusing, not self-explanatory
> audio channels names/settings.
>

> (Linux developers don't care about backward compatibility - OSS is
> mostly unsupported nowadays, OSSv4 is no longer being developed. ALSA
> FTW - like it or not) Changing the default sound card for all
> applications (i.e. for old applications using OSS or ALSA directly)
> if you have more than one of them is a major PITA."
>

> And that's just one section!
>
> Let the denials begin!

I'll just state my experience:
I am probably like most users, low end AV consumer.

Mint Linux 13 Mate
I have no problems viewing video or listening to audio.
Video streams from the net just fine.
I convert MP3 to WAV, burn audio CDs just fine.
I burn movie DVDs just fine.
Skype works perfectly.
Webcam works perfectly.

All this out of the box mind you...

My hardware in this case is run of the mill, an HP Pavilion DV6.
3x AMD Phenom II P860 triple core. (800/800/2000)
4GB RAM
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 OpenGL Renderer.
HDA-Intel HDA ATI SB and HDMI audio adapters.

I have yet to run into an AV format I cannot run.  Easily.

What exactly are the AV problems I'm supposed to be having with Linux?
I promise to try real hard to reproduce anything you say I should be
seeing, or not seeing as it were.

 )\ (  ) /(    Cipher/Proud Member, Netscum Alumni Association
 )-(0^^0)-(    Bungmunch U./AHM Memorial Institute of F@x0r1n6/Dean
 )/ \\// \(    Colonel/1st Virginia Volunteers/CeSium Brigade
    (oo)       Registered Linux User #556617
   / ~~ \      Empire of APDD/#6-5p07/VLNOC Cohort #1407
 o@o     o@o   Keeper of the alt.CeSium FAQ
cipher1 (253)
1/27/2013 4:07:45 PM
On Sun, 27 Jan 2013 10:00:08 -0500, Chris Ahlstrom Inscribed upon the
Golden Tablets of Usenet thusly:

> After swilling some grog, Peter Köhlmann belched this bit o' wisdom:
>
>> flatfish+++ wrote:
>>
>> < snip hadronesque bullshit >
>>
>> You are really as stupid as a Hadron and lying like a Snit Naturally
>> you know nothing about linux
>
> And he's quoting from someone just as biased and clueless.  From the
> link
>
>    http://linuxfonts.narod.ru/
why.linux.is.not.ready.for.the.desktop.current.html

> Here's one example:
>
>    No reliable sound system, no reliable unified software audio mixing
>    (implemented in all modern OSes except Linux), ...
>
> Here's another:
>
>    No true safe-mode for X.org server. Misconfiguration and broken
>    drivers can leave you with a non-functional system, where sometimes
>    you cannot access text virtual consoles to rectify the situation.
>
> Bog-standard FUD and lies, and it draws shills and liars like flies.
>
> You could generate the same kind of document for Windows by googling for
> all the problems that any user has ever had under Windows and distilling
> them into a laundry list, like the author that Flounder quotes has done.

Correct.  Never ask the barber if you need a haircut, never ask a stealth
M$ plant if Linux sucks.

 )\ (  ) /(    Cipher/Proud Member, Netscum Alumni Association
 )-(0^^0)-(    Bungmunch U./AHM Memorial Institute of F@x0r1n6/Dean
 )/ \\// \(    Colonel/1st Virginia Volunteers/CeSium Brigade
    (oo)       Registered Linux User #556617
   / ~~ \      Empire of APDD/#6-5p07/VLNOC Cohort #1407
 o@o     o@o   Keeper of the alt.CeSium FAQ
cipher1 (253)
1/27/2013 4:10:20 PM
On Sun, 27 Jan 2013 15:20:09 +0000, William Poaster Inscribed upon the
Golden Tablets of Usenet thusly:

> Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
>
>> After swilling some grog, Peter Köhlmann belched this bit o' wisdom:
>>
>>> flatfish+++ wrote:
>>>
>>> < snip hadronesque bullshit >
>>>
>>> You are really as stupid as a Hadron and lying like a Snit Naturally
>>> you know nothing about linux
>>
>> And he's quoting from someone just as biased and clueless.  From the
>> link
>>
>>    http://linuxfonts.narod.ru/
why.linux.is.not.ready.for.the.desktop.current.html

>> Here's one example:
>>
>>    No reliable sound system, no reliable unified software audio mixing
>>    (implemented in all modern OSes except Linux), ...
>>
>> Here's another:
>>
>>    No true safe-mode for X.org server. Misconfiguration and broken
>>    drivers can leave you with a non-functional system, where sometimes
>>    you cannot access text virtual consoles to rectify the situation.
>
> And this: "Nouveau crashes the system quite often."
> Whaaa....??  I've not had that happen in a stable distro!
> What distro was this yo-yo using?
>
> And:
> "There are still many printers which are not supported at all or only
> barely supported (amongst them are Lexmark and Canon)."
>
> So the fuckwit blames GNU/Linux, & *not* the manufacturers for not
> making/releasing LInux drivers?
>
> "Adobe Flash player has numerous problems under Linux (badly
> supported/unsupported video acceleration, video tearing, crashes and
> frames dropping at 100% CPU usage even on high end systems)."
> So *again* the fuckwit blames GNU/Linux & *not* Adobe for its software?
>
> "Traditional Linux/Unix (ext4/reiser/xfs/jfs/btrfs/etc.) filesystems are
> unusable for mass media storage."
> Oh, so wtf are the Linux servers running 60% of the Internet using??

The typical M$ shill doesn't want to talk about 'nix domination of the
server market. There are reasons why this so.  Stability being way up the
list...

> I don't believe GNU/Linux is perfect, but it's a damn site better than
> it's rival OSs.
>
>> Bog-standard FUD and lies, and it draws shills and liars like flies.
>
> After reading that load of BS, I read some 'comments' & really did
> wonder how many were shills & astroturfers.
>
> "If you think I'm here to spread lies or FUD about Linux, please close
> this page immediately and never ever come back."
>
> I did, & I won't.
>
>> You could generate the same kind of document for Windows by googling
>> for all the problems that any user has ever had under Windows and
>> distilling them into a laundry list, like the author that Flounder
>> quotes has done.
>
> I've no doubt it could be done.

 )\ (  ) /(    Cipher/Proud Member, Netscum Alumni Association
 )-(0^^0)-(    Bungmunch U./AHM Memorial Institute of F@x0r1n6/Dean
 )/ \\// \(    Colonel/1st Virginia Volunteers/CeSium Brigade
    (oo)       Registered Linux User #556617
   / ~~ \      Empire of APDD/#6-5p07/VLNOC Cohort #1407
 o@o     o@o   Keeper of the alt.CeSium FAQ
cipher1 (253)
1/27/2013 4:12:12 PM
On 1/27/2013 7:34 AM, Peter K�hlmann wrote:
> flatfish+++ wrote:
>

> < snip hadronesque bullshit >
>
> You are really as stupid as a Hadron and lying like a Snit
>
> Naturally you know nothing about linux

And it seems obvious that you are a retard that can't read either.

0
mist (19747)
1/27/2013 4:44:45 PM
On 1/27/2013 8:02 AM, Peter Köhlmann wrote:
> flatfish+++ wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 27 Jan 2013 15:34:42 +0100, Peter Köhlmann wrote:
>>
>>> flatfish+++ wrote:
>>>

>>> < snip hadronesque bullshit >
>>>
>>> You are really as stupid as a Hadron and lying like a Snit
>>>
>>> Naturally you know nothing about linux
>>
>> Hint: I didn't write the article.
>
> No. You are way too stupid to even understand that it is plain FUD
>
>> I see you are unable to refute the article.
>
> Idiot

Blockhead.

>> The truth about Linux hurts which why the Linux community denies the
>> problems and is why they don't get fixed in a timely fashion.
>>
>> You are part of the problem Peter Kohlmann.
>>

> Fine. At least I am not a extremely lying Hadron like you Snit, flatfish
> Gary Stewart

Another kraut speaks its small mind.

0
mist (19747)
1/27/2013 4:45:28 PM
On 1/27/13 8:52 AM, in article ke3igc$vsu$1@dont-email.me, "Peter K�hlmann"
<peter-koehlmann@t-online.de> wrote:

>>> Fine. At least I am not a extremely lying Hadron like you Snit, flatfish
>>> Gary Stewart
>>
>> So you have nothing.
>> I figured as much.
>>

> If you cretinous liar thinks that I am "part of the problem", fine, so be
> it.
> That still amounts to a lot of things. Namely that I am not a MS shill, a
> lying Hadron and a incredibly dishonest Snit like you are, flatfish Gary
> Stewrat. And especially not a racist swine like you
>

> So you are "figuring" nothing. As usual

If you *really* thought I was dishonest you would quote where I was.

You *never* do.

Hence there is *no* reason to believe even you think your claims are true.

--
"In fact, the main goal of Linux might be called usability... the most
important thing is that it works well and people ... want to use it."

0
usenet2 (47889)
1/27/2013 4:50:38 PM
On 1/27/2013 9:14 AM, flatfish+++ wrote:

> http://linuxfonts.narod.ru/why.linux.is.not.ready.for.the.desktop.current.html
>
> http://tinyurl.com/63qhmal

<snip>

> Let the denials begin!

Good find Flattie!

At the bottom of the page:
"About the author: Artem S. Tashkinov is a vivid supporter of the Open
Source movement and Open Source projects. He has helped to resolve
numerous bugs across many open source projects such as the Linux kernel,
KDE, Wine, GCC, Midnight Commander, X.org and many others. He's been
using Linux exclusively since 1999."

The loser cola twerps will now start lying about him.

0
nospam2091 (10001)
1/27/2013 5:00:19 PM
On 1/27/2013 8:11 AM, flatfish+++ wrote:
> On Sun, 27 Jan 2013 16:02:21 +0100, Peter K�hlmann wrote:
>
>> flatfish+++ wrote:

>>> Hint: I didn't write the article.
>>
>> No. You are way too stupid to even understand that it is plain FUD
>>
>>> I see you are unable to refute the article.
>>
>> Idiot
>>
>>> The truth about Linux hurts which why the Linux community denies the
>>> problems and is why they don't get fixed in a timely fashion.
>>>
>>> You are part of the problem Peter Kohlmann.
>>>

>> Fine. At least I am not a extremely lying Hadron like you Snit, flatfish
>> Gary Stewart
>
> So you have nothing.
> I figured as much.

It is rather obvious that he has an extreme bias for linux.  A very
narrow minded view point that excludes all others.
A bit twidget.

0
mist (19747)
1/27/2013 5:06:21 PM
On 1/27/2013 8:52 AM, Peter K�hlmann wrote:

>>> Fine. At least I am not a extremely lying Hadron like you Snit, flatfish
>>> Gary Stewart
>>
>> So you have nothing.
>> I figured as much.
>>

> If you cretinous liar thinks that I am "part of the problem", fine, so be
> it.
> That still amounts to a lot of things. Namely that I am not a MS shill, a
> lying Hadron and a incredibly dishonest Snit like you are, flatfish Gary
> Stewrat. And especially not a racist swine like you
>

> So you are "figuring" nothing. As usual

You are nothing more than a bit twidget.

0
mist (19747)
1/27/2013 5:06:49 PM
On 1/27/2013 8:00 AM, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
> After swilling some grog, Peter Köhlmann belched this bit o' wisdom:
>
>> flatfish+++ wrote:
>>
>> < snip hadronesque bullshit >
>>
>> You are really as stupid as a Hadron and lying like a Snit
>> Naturally you know nothing about linux
>
> And he's quoting from someone just as biased and clueless.  From the
> link
>
>     http://linuxfonts.narod.ru/why.linux.is.not.ready.for.the.desktop.current.html
>
> Here's one example:
>
>     No reliable sound system, no reliable unified software audio mixing
>     (implemented in all modern OSes except Linux), ...
>
> Here's another:
>
>     No true safe-mode for X.org server. Misconfiguration and broken
>     drivers can leave you with a non-functional system, where sometimes
>     you cannot access text virtual consoles to rectify the situation.
>
> Bog-standard FUD and lies, and it draws shills and liars like flies.
>
> You could generate the same kind of document for Windows by googling for
> all the problems that any user has ever had under Windows and distilling
> them into a laundry list, like the author that Flounder quotes has done.

As if you'd know, bit twidget.

0
mist (19747)
1/27/2013 5:07:10 PM
On 1/27/2013 8:20 AM, William Poaster wrote:
> Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
>
>> After swilling some grog, Peter K�hlmann belched this bit o' wisdom:
>>
>>> flatfish+++ wrote:
>>>
>>> < snip hadronesque bullshit >
>>>
>>> You are really as stupid as a Hadron and lying like a Snit
>>> Naturally you know nothing about linux
>>
>> And he's quoting from someone just as biased and clueless.  From the
>> link
>>
>>     http://linuxfonts.narod.ru/why.linux.is.not.ready.for.the.desktop.current.html
>>
>> Here's one example:
>>
>>     No reliable sound system, no reliable unified software audio mixing
>>     (implemented in all modern OSes except Linux), ...
>>
>> Here's another:
>>
>>     No true safe-mode for X.org server. Misconfiguration and broken
>>     drivers can leave you with a non-functional system, where sometimes
>>     you cannot access text virtual consoles to rectify the situation.
>
> And this: "Nouveau crashes the system quite often."
> Whaaa....??  I've not had that happen in a stable distro!
> What distro was this yo-yo using?
>
> And:
> "There are still many printers which are not supported at all or only
> barely supported (amongst them are Lexmark and Canon)."
>
> So the fuckwit blames GNU/Linux, & *not* the manufacturers for not
> making/releasing LInux drivers?
>
> "Adobe Flash player has numerous problems under Linux (badly
> supported/unsupported video acceleration, video tearing, crashes and
> frames dropping at 100% CPU usage even on high end systems)."
> So *again* the fuckwit blames GNU/Linux & *not* Adobe for its software?
>
> "Traditional Linux/Unix (ext4/reiser/xfs/jfs/btrfs/etc.) filesystems are
> unusable for mass media storage."
> Oh, so wtf are the Linux servers running 60% of the Internet using??
>
> I don't believe GNU/Linux is perfect, but it's a damn site better than
> it's rival OSs.
>
>> Bog-standard FUD and lies, and it draws shills and liars like flies.
>
> After reading that load of BS, I read some 'comments' & really did
> wonder how many were shills & astroturfers.
>
> "If you think I'm here to spread lies or FUD about Linux, please close
> this page immediately and never ever come back."
>
> I did, & I won't.
>
>> You could generate the same kind of document for Windows by googling for
>> all the problems that any user has ever had under Windows and distilling
>> them into a laundry list, like the author that Flounder quotes has done.
>
> I've no doubt it could be done.

In the words of the cretin Kohlmann... Idiot.

0
mist (19747)
1/27/2013 5:08:11 PM
On 1/27/2013 9:12 AM, cipher wrote:
> On Sun, 27 Jan 2013 15:20:09 +0000, William Poaster Inscribed upon the
> Golden Tablets of Usenet thusly:
>
>> Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
>>
>>> After swilling some grog, Peter Köhlmann belched this bit o' wisdom:

>>> And he's quoting from someone just as biased and clueless.  From the
>>> link
>>>
>>>     http://linuxfonts.narod.ru/
> why.linux.is.not.ready.for.the.desktop.current.html
>>>
>>> Here's one example:
>>>
>>>     No reliable sound system, no reliable unified software audio mixing
>>>     (implemented in all modern OSes except Linux), ...
>>>
>>> Here's another:
>>>
>>>     No true safe-mode for X.org server. Misconfiguration and broken
>>>     drivers can leave you with a non-functional system, where sometimes
>>>     you cannot access text virtual consoles to rectify the situation.
>>
>> And this: "Nouveau crashes the system quite often."
>> Whaaa....??  I've not had that happen in a stable distro!
>> What distro was this yo-yo using?
>>
>> And:
>> "There are still many printers which are not supported at all or only
>> barely supported (amongst them are Lexmark and Canon)."
>>
>> So the fuckwit blames GNU/Linux, & *not* the manufacturers for not
>> making/releasing LInux drivers?
>>
>> "Adobe Flash player has numerous problems under Linux (badly
>> supported/unsupported video acceleration, video tearing, crashes and
>> frames dropping at 100% CPU usage even on high end systems)."
>> So *again* the fuckwit blames GNU/Linux & *not* Adobe for its software?
>>
>> "Traditional Linux/Unix (ext4/reiser/xfs/jfs/btrfs/etc.) filesystems are
>> unusable for mass media storage."
>> Oh, so wtf are the Linux servers running 60% of the Internet using??
>
> The typical M$ shill doesn't want to talk about 'nix domination of the
> server market. There are reasons why this so.  Stability being way up the
> list...

Moving the goal posts, eh?

Servers don't really need sound... just a few bleeps.
The topic is about linux desktop sound.

And the sound I can also atest to that is a failure on some distros.
It took OpenSuse about three months to fix their miserable sound system.
  Before, I had to wait a minute or two for the sound system to catch up
to the desktop that had already loaded up.  Then it was spotty or
stuttering audio.  You call this good?

0
mist (19747)
1/27/2013 5:11:24 PM
On 1/27/13 9:45 AM, in article y-udncru8aktxJjMnZ2dnUVZ_o6dnZ2d@bresnan.com,
"GreyCloud" <mist@cumulus.com> wrote:

> On 1/27/2013 8:02 AM, Peter K�hlmann wrote:
>> flatfish+++ wrote:

>>> Hint: I didn't write the article.
>>
>> No. You are way too stupid to even understand that it is plain FUD
>>
>>> I see you are unable to refute the article.
>>
>> Idiot
>>

> Blockhead.
>
>>> The truth about Linux hurts which why the Linux community denies the
>>> problems and is why they don't get fixed in a timely fashion.
>>>
>>> You are part of the problem Peter Kohlmann.
>>>

>> Fine. At least I am not a extremely lying Hadron like you Snit, flatfish
>> Gary Stewart
>>

> Another kraut speaks its small mind.

Peter has made the accusation of my being dishonest many, many times. With
many of those times he has been challenged to show examples.

He has failed. Every time. He has never been able to find one.

Not one of the false "advocates", however, has been willing to call him on
this. Not one.

Then they deny there is a herd.

--
"Linux desktop is why I got into Linux in the first place. I mean, I
have never, ever cared about really anything but the Linux desktop."

0
usenet2 (47889)
1/27/2013 5:30:15 PM
GreyCloud <mist@cumulus.com> wrote:
> On 1/27/2013 8:02 AM, Peter Köhlmann wrote:
> >
> > Idiot
> >

> Blockhead.

:) I've always loved that word.  Not used nearly enough these days.

0
owl (2215)
1/27/2013 8:57:45 PM
On Sun, 27 Jan 2013 12:00:19 -0500, DFS wrote:

> On 1/27/2013 9:14 AM, flatfish+++ wrote:
>
>> http://linuxfonts.narod.ru/why.linux.is.not.ready.for.the.desktop.current.html
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/63qhmal
>
> <snip>
>
>> Let the denials begin!
>

> Good find Flattie!
>
> At the bottom of the page:
> "About the author: Artem S. Tashkinov is a vivid supporter of the Open
> Source movement and Open Source projects. He has helped to resolve
> numerous bugs across many open source projects such as the Linux kernel,
> KDE, Wine, GCC, Midnight Commander, X.org and many others. He's been
> using Linux exclusively since 1999."
>
> The loser cola twerps will now start lying about him.

I purposely left that little tidbit out because I wanted to watch the
COLA loons knee jerk reaction of circling the wagons to protect the
mother ship Linux.

And they performed right on queue!

From Chris Ahlstrom changing the subject right down to Kohlmann
calling me a liar and an idiot and right on to Willy Poaster and his
"works for me" routine.

It's just so predictable and judging from the beginning of the
article, this denial of problems must be a systemic problem in and of
itself.

I was hoping some Linux advocate would come along and say something
like, "well some of that stuff is valid and we should work together
to change and improve Linux".

But nope.

All denials.

And yea, you Linux loons got set up by little old me.

Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

--
flatfish+++
PLEASE VISIT OUR HALL OF LINUX IDIOTS:
http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/
0
phlatphish (6976)
1/27/2013 9:52:14 PM
On Sun, 27 Jan 2013 16:10:20 +0000 (UTC), cipher wrote:

> On Sun, 27 Jan 2013 10:00:08 -0500, Chris Ahlstrom Inscribed upon the
> Golden Tablets of Usenet thusly:
>
>> After swilling some grog, Peter K�hlmann belched this bit o' wisdom:
>>
>>> flatfish+++ wrote:
>>>
>>> < snip hadronesque bullshit >
>>>
>>> You are really as stupid as a Hadron and lying like a Snit Naturally
>>> you know nothing about linux
>>
>> And he's quoting from someone just as biased and clueless.  From the
>> link
>>
>>    http://linuxfonts.narod.ru/
> why.linux.is.not.ready.for.the.desktop.current.html
>>
>> Here's one example:
>>
>>    No reliable sound system, no reliable unified software audio mixing
>>    (implemented in all modern OSes except Linux), ...
>>
>> Here's another:
>>
>>    No true safe-mode for X.org server. Misconfiguration and broken
>>    drivers can leave you with a non-functional system, where sometimes
>>    you cannot access text virtual consoles to rectify the situation.
>>
>> Bog-standard FUD and lies, and it draws shills and liars like flies.
>>
>> You could generate the same kind of document for Windows by googling for
>> all the problems that any user has ever had under Windows and distilling
>> them into a laundry list, like the author that Flounder quotes has done.
>
> Correct.  Never ask the barber if you need a haircut, never ask a stealth
> M$ plant if Linux sucks.

I suggest you take a look at who wrote the article.
You can apologize to him later.

--
flatfish+++
PLEASE VISIT OUR HALL OF LINUX IDIOTS:
http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/
0
phlatphish (6976)
1/27/2013 9:52:50 PM
On Sun, 27 Jan 2013 10:08:11 -0700, GreyCloud wrote:

> On 1/27/2013 8:20 AM, William Poaster wrote:
>> Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
>>
>>> After swilling some grog, Peter K�hlmann belched this bit o' wisdom:

>>> And he's quoting from someone just as biased and clueless.  From the
>>> link
>>>
>>>     http://linuxfonts.narod.ru/why.linux.is.not.ready.for.the.desktop.current.html
>>>
>>> Here's one example:
>>>
>>>     No reliable sound system, no reliable unified software audio mixing
>>>     (implemented in all modern OSes except Linux), ...
>>>
>>> Here's another:
>>>
>>>     No true safe-mode for X.org server. Misconfiguration and broken
>>>     drivers can leave you with a non-functional system, where sometimes
>>>     you cannot access text virtual consoles to rectify the situation.
>>
>> And this: "Nouveau crashes the system quite often."
>> Whaaa....??  I've not had that happen in a stable distro!
>> What distro was this yo-yo using?
>>
>> And:
>> "There are still many printers which are not supported at all or only
>> barely supported (amongst them are Lexmark and Canon)."
>>
>> So the fuckwit blames GNU/Linux, & *not* the manufacturers for not
>> making/releasing LInux drivers?
>>
>> "Adobe Flash player has numerous problems under Linux (badly
>> supported/unsupported video acceleration, video tearing, crashes and
>> frames dropping at 100% CPU usage even on high end systems)."
>> So *again* the fuckwit blames GNU/Linux & *not* Adobe for its software?
>>
>> "Traditional Linux/Unix (ext4/reiser/xfs/jfs/btrfs/etc.) filesystems are
>> unusable for mass media storage."
>> Oh, so wtf are the Linux servers running 60% of the Internet using??
>>
>> I don't believe GNU/Linux is perfect, but it's a damn site better than
>> it's rival OSs.
>>
>>> Bog-standard FUD and lies, and it draws shills and liars like flies.
>>
>> After reading that load of BS, I read some 'comments' & really did
>> wonder how many were shills & astroturfers.
>>
>> "If you think I'm here to spread lies or FUD about Linux, please close
>> this page immediately and never ever come back."
>>
>> I did, & I won't.
>>
>>> You could generate the same kind of document for Windows by googling for
>>> all the problems that any user has ever had under Windows and distilling
>>> them into a laundry list, like the author that Flounder quotes has done.
>>
>> I've no doubt it could be done.
>>
> In the words of the cretin Kohlmann... Idiot.

He should take the time to look up the person who wrote the article.
Lol !

--
flatfish+++
PLEASE VISIT OUR HALL OF LINUX IDIOTS:
http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/
0
phlatphish (6976)
1/27/2013 9:53:44 PM
On 1/27/13 2:53 PM, in article 17c41y3ncblcs.7xtd1y8po9c8$.dlg@40tude.net,
"flatfish+++" <phlatphish@yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 27 Jan 2013 10:08:11 -0700, GreyCloud wrote:

>>> And this: "Nouveau crashes the system quite often."
>>> Whaaa....??  I've not had that happen in a stable distro!
>>> What distro was this yo-yo using?
>>>
>>> And:
>>> "There are still many printers which are not supported at all or only
>>> barely supported (amongst them are Lexmark and Canon)."
>>>
>>> So the fuckwit blames GNU/Linux, & *not* the manufacturers for not
>>> making/releasing LInux drivers?
>>>
>>> "Adobe Flash player has numerous problems under Linux (badly
>>> supported/unsupported video acceleration, video tearing, crashes and
>>> frames dropping at 100% CPU usage even on high end systems)."
>>> So *again* the fuckwit blames GNU/Linux & *not* Adobe for its software?
>>>
>>> "Traditional Linux/Unix (ext4/reiser/xfs/jfs/btrfs/etc.) filesystems are
>>> unusable for mass media storage."
>>> Oh, so wtf are the Linux servers running 60% of the Internet using??
>>>
>>> I don't believe GNU/Linux is perfect, but it's a damn site better than
>>> it's rival OSs.

>>> After reading that load of BS, I read some 'comments' & really did
>>> wonder how many were shills & astroturfers.
>>>
>>> "If you think I'm here to spread lies or FUD about Linux, please close
>>> this page immediately and never ever come back."
>>>
>>> I did, & I won't.

>>> I've no doubt it could be done.
>>>
>> In the words of the cretin Kohlmann... Idiot.
>
> He should take the time to look up the person who wrote the article.
> Lol !

The name Artem Tashkinov likely is not familiar to the false "advocates". He
is honest and thus shunned.

--
"I started Linux as a desktop operating system. And it's the only area
where Linux hasn't completely taken over. That just annoys the hell out

0
usenet2 (47889)
1/27/2013 10:12:43 PM
"Snit" <usenet@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote in message
> On 1/27/13 2:53 PM, in article 17c41y3ncblcs.7xtd1y8po9c8$.dlg@40tude.net,
> "flatfish+++" <phlatphish@yahoo.com> wrote:

>>> In the words of the cretin Kohlmann... Idiot.
>>
>> He should take the time to look up the person who wrote the article.
>> Lol !
>
> The name Artem Tashkinov likely is not familiar to the false "advocates".
> He
> is honest and thus shunned.

Artem  Tashkinov  is a Linux kernel developer. In other words - he knows
more about Linux and contributes more in one week than a moron like Chris
Ahlstrom will in his entire miserable life.

--
"It's not so much the threat of divorce, as making your every moment at home
a living hell. My wife used to dole out my weekly allowance, $20, and then

Chris Ahlstrom - emasculated wimp without a spine.

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/ecaf21d667b4afca?hl=en

0
zeke1302 (4199)
1/27/2013 10:19:17 PM
On 01/27/13 13:57, owl wrote:
> GreyCloud<mist@cumulus.com>  wrote:
>> On 1/27/2013 8:02 AM, Peter Köhlmann wrote:
>>>
>>> Idiot
>>>

>> Blockhead.
>
> :) I've always loved that word.  Not used nearly enough these days.

I know.  And it usually gives the connotation of wood as well.

--
When told the reason for daylight savings time the Old
Indian said, "Only the government would believe that you
On 01/27/13 14:52, flatfish+++ wrote:
> On Sun, 27 Jan 2013 16:10:20 +0000 (UTC), cipher wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 27 Jan 2013 10:00:08 -0500, Chris Ahlstrom Inscribed upon the
>> Golden Tablets of Usenet thusly:
>>
>>> After swilling some grog, Peter K�hlmann belched this bit o' wisdom:

>>> And he's quoting from someone just as biased and clueless.  From the
>>> link
>>>
>>>     http://linuxfonts.narod.ru/
>> why.linux.is.not.ready.for.the.desktop.current.html
>>>
>>> Here's one example:
>>>
>>>     No reliable sound system, no reliable unified software audio mixing
>>>     (implemented in all modern OSes except Linux), ...
>>>
>>> Here's another:
>>>
>>>     No true safe-mode for X.org server. Misconfiguration and broken
>>>     drivers can leave you with a non-functional system, where sometimes
>>>     you cannot access text virtual consoles to rectify the situation.
>>>
>>> Bog-standard FUD and lies, and it draws shills and liars like flies.
>>>
>>> You could generate the same kind of document for Windows by googling for
>>> all the problems that any user has ever had under Windows and distilling
>>> them into a laundry list, like the author that Flounder quotes has done.
>>
>> Correct.  Never ask the barber if you need a haircut, never ask a stealth
>> M$ plant if Linux sucks.
>
> I suggest you take a look at who wrote the article.
> You can apologize to him later.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
He sure did a self nuke on that one!

--
When told the reason for daylight savings time the Old
Indian said, "Only the government would believe that you
could cut a foot off the top of a blanket, sew it to the
bottom, and have a longer blanket."
0
cumulus (7752)
1/27/2013 10:47:40 PM
On Sun, 27 Jan 2013 15:12:43 -0700, Snit wrote:

> On 1/27/13 2:53 PM, in article 17c41y3ncblcs.7xtd1y8po9c8$.dlg@40tude.net,
> "flatfish+++" <phlatphish@yahoo.com> wrote:

>>> In the words of the cretin Kohlmann... Idiot.
>>
>> He should take the time to look up the person who wrote the article.
>> Lol !
>
> The name Artem Tashkinov likely is not familiar to the false "advocates". He
> is honest and thus shunned.

Yep.
Just like Miguel de Icaza.

--
flatfish+++
PLEASE VISIT OUR HALL OF LINUX IDIOTS:
http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/
0
phlatphish (6976)
1/27/2013 10:53:36 PM
On Sun, 27 Jan 2013 17:19:17 -0500, Ezekiel wrote:

> "Snit" <usenet@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote in message
>> On 1/27/13 2:53 PM, in article 17c41y3ncblcs.7xtd1y8po9c8$.dlg@40tude.net,

>>> He should take the time to look up the person who wrote the article.
>>> Lol !
>>
>> The name Artem Tashkinov likely is not familiar to the false "advocates".
>> He
>> is honest and thus shunned.
>>

> Artem  Tashkinov  is a Linux kernel developer. In other words - he knows
> more about Linux and contributes more in one week than a moron like Chris
> Ahlstrom will in his entire miserable life.

Yep.
All the COLA Linturds put together have done zero to improve Linux.
In fact, they are part of the problem that Linux has which is a
reputation for a nasty, social outcast type community.

--
flatfish+++
PLEASE VISIT OUR HALL OF LINUX IDIOTS:
http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/
0
phlatphish (6976)
1/27/2013 10:55:11 PM
On Sun, 27 Jan 2013 15:47:40 -0700, GreyCloud wrote:

> On 01/27/13 14:52, flatfish+++ wrote:
>> On Sun, 27 Jan 2013 16:10:20 +0000 (UTC), cipher wrote:
>>
>>> On Sun, 27 Jan 2013 10:00:08 -0500, Chris Ahlstrom Inscribed upon the
>>> Golden Tablets of Usenet thusly:

>>> why.linux.is.not.ready.for.the.desktop.current.html

>>> Correct.  Never ask the barber if you need a haircut, never ask a stealth
>>> M$ plant if Linux sucks.
>>
>> I suggest you take a look at who wrote the article.
>> You can apologize to him later.
>>

> BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
> He sure did a self nuke on that one!

Yep.
They are trying to regroup but the damage is already done.

--
flatfish+++
PLEASE VISIT OUR HALL OF LINUX IDIOTS:
http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/
0
phlatphish (6976)
1/27/2013 11:03:22 PM
On 1/27/13 3:19 PM, in article ke4956$8e3$1@dont-email.me, "Ezekiel"
<zeke@nosuchemail.com> wrote:

>>> He should take the time to look up the person who wrote the article. Lol !
>>>
>> The name Artem Tashkinov likely is not familiar to the false "advocates". He
>> is honest and thus shunned.
>
> Artem  Tashkinov  is a Linux kernel developer. In other words - he knows more
> about Linux and contributes more in one week than a moron like Chris Ahlstrom
> will in his entire miserable life.

These are the same people who insist it is a lie when it is noted that the
best data we have puts Linux usage on the desktop at between 1-2%... even
though that is what Linus Torvalds says. They still insist this figure is a
"lie"... just amazing. Heck, this was a topic on the G+ forums, though I
have been told that after Linus made his comment (quoted in my .sig) the
owner of the group deleted the thread.

Just amazing how much the false "advocates" hate truth. The sad thing is the
owner of the G+ group seems to have many fine qualities... but I have had a
number of emails from current members quoting to me his lies about me and
his acceptance of the BS from the false "advocates" of Linux. They have
shared emails with me to him where they asked what in my "background check"
was found to be bad and he has refused to answer, saying just "bad
behavior". In other words, he caved to the false "advocates" of COLA... sad
to see them be able to push their lies and libel.

In the next few days I should have a full list of every conversation that
has included me - though apparently even more are being deleted from the
group... whenever they know I am right. It is a very heavily moderated group
where truth is discarded to please a small number of vocal whiners.

--
"On desktops, Linux has had a hard time cracking the 1 per cent mark,
although some of the web analytics companies now put it at around 1.5 per

0
usenet2 (47889)
1/27/2013 11:29:00 PM
On 1/27/13 3:55 PM, in article 1aurlv7lvbex7.13yuewqz70sa1.dlg@40tude.net,

>>> The name Artem Tashkinov likely is not familiar to the false "advocates". He
>>> is honest and thus shunned.
>>>

>> Artem  Tashkinov  is a Linux kernel developer. In other words - he knows more
>> about Linux and contributes more in one week than a moron like Chris Ahlstrom
>> will in his entire miserable life.
>>
> Yep. All the COLA Linturds put together have done zero to improve Linux. In
> fact, they are part of the problem that Linux has which is a reputation for a
> nasty, social outcast type community.

As I have noted, they do more to harm Linux advocacy than all of the
"trolls" in COLA combined. Easily. And it is a shame.

--
"90% of computers use Microsoft's Windows ... Macs account for 9% of the
market while the open source system Linux accounts for 0.8%."

0
usenet2 (47889)
1/27/2013 11:29:47 PM
On 1/27/13 3:47 PM, in article FK-dneuDFasQM5jMnZ2dnUVZ_rWdnZ2d@bresnan.com,
"GreyCloud" <cumulus@mist.com> wrote:

> On 01/27/13 14:52, flatfish+++ wrote:
>> On Sun, 27 Jan 2013 16:10:20 +0000 (UTC), cipher wrote:
>>
>>> On Sun, 27 Jan 2013 10:00:08 -0500, Chris Ahlstrom Inscribed upon the
>>> Golden Tablets of Usenet thusly:

>>> why.linux.is.not.ready.for.the.desktop.current.html

>>> Correct.  Never ask the barber if you need a haircut, never ask a stealth
>>> M$ plant if Linux sucks.
>>
>> I suggest you take a look at who wrote the article.
>> You can apologize to him later.
>>

> BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
> He sure did a self nuke on that one!

Ahlstrom has been doing lots of self-nukes recently.

On my comments on Roy's site he agreed with me until he realized it was me
he was agreeing with. Then he backed off and babbled about how it was fine
for Homer to commit libel.

Just insane.

--
"In fact, the main goal of Linux might be called usability... the most
important thing is that it works well and people ... want to use it."
-- Linus Torvalds

0
usenet2 (47889)
1/28/2013 12:29:11 AM
On Sun, 27 Jan 2013 17:29:11 -0700, Snit wrote:

> On 1/27/13 3:47 PM, in article FK-dneuDFasQM5jMnZ2dnUVZ_rWdnZ2d@bresnan.com,
> "GreyCloud" <cumulus@mist.com> wrote:

>>> I suggest you take a look at who wrote the article.
>>> You can apologize to him later.
>>>

>> BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
>> He sure did a self nuke on that one!
>>
> Ahlstrom has been doing lots of self-nukes recently.
>
> On my comments on Roy's site he agreed with me until he realized it was me
> he was agreeing with. Then he backed off and babbled about how it was fine
> for Homer to commit libel.
>
> Just insane.

Of course.
That's how Chris Ahlstrom operates.

For him, it's as much about who he is talking to as it is about the
topic.

Personally, I don't believe for a second he actually believes all his
own crap.
He is just so afraid of the herd dropping him as a member that he
does stuff like he did with you.

It proves he doesn't believe his own bull shit.

--
flatfish+++
PLEASE VISIT OUR HALL OF LINUX IDIOTS:
http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/
0
phlatphish (6976)
1/28/2013 12:44:50 AM
On 1/27/13 5:44 PM, in article 1h8vlm7613n8g$.1bhy6n3y29v7q$.dlg@40tude.net,

>>> BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
>>> He sure did a self nuke on that one!
>>>
>> Ahlstrom has been doing lots of self-nukes recently.
>>
>> On my comments on Roy's site he agreed with me until he realized it was me
>> he was agreeing with. Then he backed off and babbled about how it was fine
>> for Homer to commit libel.
>>
>> Just insane.
>
> Of course.
> That's how Chris Ahlstrom operates.
>
> For him, it's as much about who he is talking to as it is about the
> topic.

Absolutely correct.

> Personally, I don't believe for a second he actually believes all his
> own crap.

Nor do I. Same thing can be said of many other of the false "advocates".

> He is just so afraid of the herd dropping him as a member that he
> does stuff like he did with you.

Agreed.

> It proves he doesn't believe his own bull shit.

Absolutely correct.

--
"There are 'extremists' in the free software world, but that's one major
reason why I don't call what I do 'free software' any more. I don't want to

0
usenet2 (47889)
1/28/2013 1:02:12 AM
On 2013-01-27, William Poaster <wp@induh-vidual.net> wrote:
> Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
>
>> After swilling some grog, Peter Köhlmann belched this bit o' wisdom:
>>
>>> flatfish+++ wrote:
>>>
>>> < snip hadronesque bullshit >
>>>
>>> You are really as stupid as a Hadron and lying like a Snit
>>> Naturally you know nothing about linux
>>
>> And he's quoting from someone just as biased and clueless.  From the
>> link
>>
>>    http://linuxfonts.narod.ru/why.linux.is.not.ready.for.the.desktop.current.html
>>
>> Here's one example:
>>
>>    No reliable sound system, no reliable unified software audio mixing
>>    (implemented in all modern OSes except Linux), ...
>>
>> Here's another:
>>
>>    No true safe-mode for X.org server. Misconfiguration and broken
>>    drivers can leave you with a non-functional system, where sometimes
>>    you cannot access text virtual consoles to rectify the situation.
>
> And this: "Nouveau crashes the system quite often."
> Whaaa....??  I've not had that happen in a stable distro!
> What distro was this yo-yo using?

    He makes sure to trash the proprietary drivers too. He leaves no
rock unturned. Of course I am as shoked about his remarks about the
nvidia BLOB driver as you are about his remarks about the Nouveau
driver.

    A lot of his stuff is just Usenet troll biolerplate and repeated
nonsense.

[deletia]

--
"Microsoft looks at new ideas, they don't evaluate whether
the idea will move the industry forward, they ask,                    |||

                         -- Bill Gates
0
jedi (14753)
1/28/2013 4:20:17 AM
JEDIDIAH wrote:

> On 2013-01-27, William Poaster <wp@induh-vidual.net> wrote:
>> Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
>>
>>> After swilling some grog, Peter K�hlmann belched this bit o' wisdom:

>>> And he's quoting from someone just as biased and clueless.  From the
>>> link
>>>
>>>    http://linuxfonts.narod.ru/why.linux.is.not.ready.for.the.desktop.current.html
>>>
>>> Here's one example:
>>>
>>>    No reliable sound system, no reliable unified software audio mixing
>>>    (implemented in all modern OSes except Linux), ...
>>>
>>> Here's another:
>>>
>>>    No true safe-mode for X.org server. Misconfiguration and broken
>>>    drivers can leave you with a non-functional system, where sometimes
>>>    you cannot access text virtual consoles to rectify the situation.
>>
>> And this: "Nouveau crashes the system quite often."
>> Whaaa....??  I've not had that happen in a stable distro!
>> What distro was this yo-yo using?
>
>     He makes sure to trash the proprietary drivers too. He leaves no
> rock unturned. Of course I am as shoked about his remarks about the
> nvidia BLOB driver as you are about his remarks about the Nouveau
> driver.
>
>     A lot of his stuff is just Usenet troll biolerplate and repeated
> nonsense.

It's utter tripe. The guy has *never* used GNU/Linux, & has just
gleaned old 'problems' from Usenet groups or forums. For all we know,
the trolling shitwits "Hadron", DFS etc could have witten it.
 It's laughable!

--
Windows supports real multitasking - it can boot and crash
simultaneously.

Microsoft exec Ron Markezich was quoted saying that for every $1
companies spend on Microsoft software, they need to spend $6 getting
it to work right. -- April 2011 SanFrancisco Chronical -

"Microsoft has vast resources, literally billions of dollars in cash,
or liquid assets reserves.
Microsoft is an incredibly successful empire built on the
premise of market dominance with *low-quality goods*."
-- Former White House adviser Richard A. Clarke --

The day Microsoft makes something that doesn't
suck is probably the day they start making
vacuum cleaners" - Ernst Jan Plugge

What's bad about Micro$oft:
http://www.kmfms.com/whatsbad.html

0
wp2061 (3218)
1/28/2013 10:18:51 AM
On Mon, 28 Jan 2013 10:18:51 +0000, William Poaster wrote:

> JEDIDIAH wrote:

>>> And this: "Nouveau crashes the system quite often."
>>> Whaaa....??  I've not had that happen in a stable distro!
>>> What distro was this yo-yo using?
>>
>>     He makes sure to trash the proprietary drivers too. He leaves no
>> rock unturned. Of course I am as shoked about his remarks about the
>> nvidia BLOB driver as you are about his remarks about the Nouveau
>> driver.
>>
>>     A lot of his stuff is just Usenet troll biolerplate and repeated
>> nonsense.
>
> It's utter tripe. The guy has *never* used GNU/Linux, & has just
> gleaned old 'problems' from Usenet groups or forums. For all we know,
> the trolling shitwits "Hadron", DFS etc could have witten it.
>  It's laughable!

Did you even bother to look at who wrote that article?
You can start eating crow now dumb Willy.

Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

P.S. I just love setting you fools up for the fall.

--
flatfish+++
PLEASE VISIT OUR HALL OF LINUX IDIOTS:
http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/
0
phlatphish (6976)
1/28/2013 1:45:43 PM
On 1/27/13 9:20 PM, in article slrnkgbv41.cnj.jedi@nomad.mishnet, "JEDIDIAH"
<jedi@nomad.mishnet> wrote:

> On 2013-01-27, William Poaster <wp@induh-vidual.net> wrote:
>> Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
>>
>>> After swilling some grog, Peter K�hlmann belched this bit o' wisdom:

>>> And he's quoting from someone just as biased and clueless.  From the
>>> link
>>>

>>> http://linuxfonts.narod.ru/why.linux.is.not.ready.for.the.desktop.current.ht
>>> ml
>>>
>>> Here's one example:
>>>
>>>    No reliable sound system, no reliable unified software audio mixing
>>>    (implemented in all modern OSes except Linux), ...
>>>
>>> Here's another:
>>>
>>>    No true safe-mode for X.org server. Misconfiguration and broken
>>>    drivers can leave you with a non-functional system, where sometimes
>>>    you cannot access text virtual consoles to rectify the situation.
>>
>> And this: "Nouveau crashes the system quite often."
>> Whaaa....??  I've not had that happen in a stable distro!
>> What distro was this yo-yo using?
>
>     He makes sure to trash the proprietary drivers too. He leaves no
> rock unturned. Of course I am as shoked about his remarks about the
> nvidia BLOB driver as you are about his remarks about the Nouveau
> driver.
>
>     A lot of his stuff is just Usenet troll biolerplate and repeated
> nonsense.
>
> [deletia]

Ah, sure! You false "advocates" have fully refuted Artem S. Tashkinov. He is
just another anti-Linux troll, eh?

LOL!

Really... you could not make this stuff up. You false "advocates" are a
riot!

--
"I have never, ever cared about really anything but the Linux desktop."
-- Linus Torvalds

0
usenet2 (47889)
1/28/2013 2:42:35 PM
On 1/28/13 3:18 AM, in article btvht9-u16.ln1@alpha-one.wpnetwork.org,
"William Poaster" <wp@induh-vidual.net> wrote:

> JEDIDIAH wrote:

>>> And this: "Nouveau crashes the system quite often."
>>> Whaaa....??  I've not had that happen in a stable distro!
>>> What distro was this yo-yo using?
>>
>>     He makes sure to trash the proprietary drivers too. He leaves no
>> rock unturned. Of course I am as shoked about his remarks about the
>> nvidia BLOB driver as you are about his remarks about the Nouveau
>> driver.
>>
>>     A lot of his stuff is just Usenet troll biolerplate and repeated
>> nonsense.
>
> It's utter tripe. The guy has *never* used GNU/Linux, & has just
> gleaned old 'problems' from Usenet groups or forums. For all we know,
> the trolling shitwits "Hadron", DFS etc could have witten it.
>  It's laughable!

Ah, yes, Artem S. Tashkinov has "*never* used GNU/Linux , & has just gleaned
old 'problems' from Usenet groups or forums."

This is one of the most amusing threads I have seen in a long time... other
maybe than TomB contradicting himself over if Linux distros can or cannot
act in ways to better productivity, efficiency, and error-reduction (what
acting as a well done system provides).

Ah, yes: COLA is an amusing place.

--
"This doesn't mean our work is over; most GNU/Linux distros today contain
nonfree software, and there are more things that we expect a system to do."

0
usenet2 (47889)
1/28/2013 2:45:40 PM
On 1/28/13 6:45 AM, in article 1b9fb0rczg1s1.e44au5gsu42d$.dlg@40tude.net,
"flatfish+++" <phlatphish@yahoo.com> wrote:

>>>     He makes sure to trash the proprietary drivers too. He leaves no
>>> rock unturned. Of course I am as shoked about his remarks about the
>>> nvidia BLOB driver as you are about his remarks about the Nouveau
>>> driver.
>>>
>>>     A lot of his stuff is just Usenet troll biolerplate and repeated
>>> nonsense.
>>
>> It's utter tripe. The guy has *never* used GNU/Linux, & has just
>> gleaned old 'problems' from Usenet groups or forums. For all we know,
>> the trolling shitwits "Hadron", DFS etc could have witten it.
>>  It's laughable!
>
> Did you even bother to look at who wrote that article?
> You can start eating crow now dumb Willy.
>
> Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
>

> P.S. I just love setting you fools up for the fall.

Between this thread and the one with TomB flip flopping all over the place
COLA has provided plenty of amusement the last couple of days.

Love it!

--
"On desktops, Linux has had a hard time cracking the 1 per cent mark,
although some of the web analytics companies now put it at around 1.5 per
cent." -- Linus Torvalds

0
usenet2 (47889)
1/28/2013 2:46:36 PM
On Mon, 28 Jan 2013 07:42:35 -0700, Snit wrote:

> On 1/27/13 9:20 PM, in article slrnkgbv41.cnj.jedi@nomad.mishnet, "JEDIDIAH"
> <jedi@nomad.mishnet> wrote:

>>> And this: "Nouveau crashes the system quite often."
>>> Whaaa....??  I've not had that happen in a stable distro!
>>> What distro was this yo-yo using?
>>
>>     He makes sure to trash the proprietary drivers too. He leaves no
>> rock unturned. Of course I am as shoked about his remarks about the
>> nvidia BLOB driver as you are about his remarks about the Nouveau
>> driver.
>>
>>     A lot of his stuff is just Usenet troll biolerplate and repeated
>> nonsense.
>>
>> [deletia]
>

> Ah, sure! You false "advocates" have fully refuted Artem S. Tashkinov. He is
> just another anti-Linux troll, eh?
>
> LOL!
>
> Really... you could not make this stuff up. You false "advocates" are a
> riot!

I purposely left the name of the author out of the discussion so I
could observe true to form "Linux advocacy" in COLA.

And they went right for the bait with their usual discredit, works
for me, must be a troll routine.

They did the same thing with the "What's wrong with desktop Linux and
how to fix it" videos I posted.
These dorks convinced themselves the entire thing was staged.

Linux will NEVER move out of the 1-2 percent bracket when the
community is so paranoid and self defeating.

--
flatfish+++
PLEASE VISIT OUR HALL OF LINUX IDIOTS:
http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/
0
phlatphish (6976)
1/28/2013 3:28:09 PM
On 1/28/13 8:28 AM, in article 6y4dozbelu16$.pu0hnzk8sh9y.dlg@40tude.net,
"flatfish+++" <phlatphish@yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 28 Jan 2013 07:42:35 -0700, Snit wrote:
>
>> On 1/27/13 9:20 PM, in article slrnkgbv41.cnj.jedi@nomad.mishnet, "JEDIDIAH"
>> <jedi@nomad.mishnet> wrote:

>>>     He makes sure to trash the proprietary drivers too. He leaves no
>>> rock unturned. Of course I am as shoked about his remarks about the
>>> nvidia BLOB driver as you are about his remarks about the Nouveau
>>> driver.
>>>
>>>     A lot of his stuff is just Usenet troll biolerplate and repeated
>>> nonsense.
>>>
>>> [deletia]
>>

>> Ah, sure! You false "advocates" have fully refuted Artem S. Tashkinov. He is
>> just another anti-Linux troll, eh?
>>
>> LOL!
>>
>> Really... you could not make this stuff up. You false "advocates" are a
>> riot!
>
> I purposely left the name of the author out of the discussion so I
> could observe true to form "Linux advocacy" in COLA.
>
> And they went right for the bait with their usual discredit, works
> for me, must be a troll routine.
>
> They did the same thing with the "What's wrong with desktop Linux and
> how to fix it" videos I posted.
> These dorks convinced themselves the entire thing was staged.
>
> Linux will NEVER move out of the 1-2 percent bracket when the
> community is so paranoid and self defeating.

Not all are. The only ones I have seen which are so bad are the false
"advocates" of COLA... and to a lesser extent the owner of the G+ group, but
I think he was influenced by their repeated attacks. People tend to believe
a group who speak as a herd even if they cannot back their claims in the
slightest.

I am working on getting every word of every conversation I was in or
mentioned from the G+ group. My contact there is having some trouble getting
the info in a way I can easily use and post it. Should happen soon though.

I actually have been emailed by several of he G+ members who think the COLA
"advocates" and the owner are loons but are afraid to speak out in the
group. As you note, there is an element in the community which is "paranoid
and self defeating". I get the feeling you think this is a higher percentage
than I do.

--
"But I have never, ever even run a Linux server and I don't even want
to; it's not what I'm interested in. I'm more of a desktop guy."

0
usenet2 (47889)
1/28/2013 4:12:22 PM
On Mon, 28 Jan 2013 09:12:22 -0700, Snit wrote:

> I actually have been emailed by several of he G+ members who think the COLA
> "advocates" and the owner are loons but are afraid to speak out in the
> group. As you note, there is an element in the community which is "paranoid
> and self defeating". I get the feeling you think this is a higher percentage
> than I do.

In the past I too have been contacted by several people from COLA who
had similar concerns of being attacked if they spoke out about
negative experiences with Linux.

It's a complete herd mentality.

--
flatfish+++
PLEASE VISIT OUR HALL OF LINUX IDIOTS:
http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/
0
phlatphish (6976)
1/28/2013 4:36:12 PM
On Jan 27, 7:14=A0am, flatfish+++ <phlatph...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> http://linuxfonts.narod.ru/why.linux.is.not.ready.for.the.desktop.cur...

IIRC I once pointed to something from that site... and got similare
fretwizzer (2810)
1/28/2013 4:58:04 PM
On Mon, 28 Jan 2013 08:58:04 -0800 (PST), Steve Carroll wrote:

> On Jan 27, 7:14�am, flatfish+++ <phlatph...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> http://linuxfonts.narod.ru/why.linux.is.not.ready.for.the.desktop.cur...
>
> IIRC I once pointed to something from that site... and got similare

No surprise there. The false advocates in COLA don't like hearing
about Linux's problems. Everything just seems to work fine for them.
Lol!

--
flatfish+++
PLEASE VISIT OUR HALL OF LINUX IDIOTS:
http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/
0
phlatphish (6976)
1/28/2013 5:09:03 PM
On 01/27/2013 06:14 AM, flatfish+++ wrote:
> http://linuxfonts.narod.ru/why.linux.is.not.ready.for.the.desktop.current.html
>
> http://tinyurl.com/63qhmal
>
> This one is a beauty!
> Hey Scott, make sure and note the Linux Audio section.

Oh my goodness, some wintroll is posting troll bait -- I should get all
in a kerfluffle!

Seriously -- as I told "Greycloud" -- nobody with any shred of sense
posts such idiocy.

"Oh yeah?  Well...here's this article I found on a Russian website --
take that!"

I don't do hoops.

  -Scott

On Mon, 28 Jan 2013 10:11:46 -0800, Scott Doty wrote:

> On 01/27/2013 06:14 AM, flatfish+++ wrote:
>> http://linuxfonts.narod.ru/why.linux.is.not.ready.for.the.desktop.current.html
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/63qhmal
>>
>> This one is a beauty!
>> Hey Scott, make sure and note the Linux Audio section.
>>

> Oh my goodness, some wintroll is posting troll bait -- I should get all
> in a kerfluffle!
>
> Seriously -- as I told "Greycloud" -- nobody with any shred of sense
> posts such idiocy.
>
> "Oh yeah?  Well...here's this article I found on a Russian website --
> take that!"
>
> I don't do hoops.
>
>   -Scott

You might want to take a look at the author of that article and his
qualifications to make sure statements.

Looks like you have been ROPE-A-DOPED Scott !

Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

--
flatfish+++
PLEASE VISIT OUR HALL OF LINUX IDIOTS:
http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/
0
phlatphish (6976)
1/28/2013 7:01:36 PM
flatfish+++ <phlatphish@yahoo.com> writes:

> On Mon, 28 Jan 2013 10:18:51 +0000, William Poaster wrote:
>
>> JEDIDIAH wrote:

>>>     He makes sure to trash the proprietary drivers too. He leaves no
>>> rock unturned. Of course I am as shoked about his remarks about the
>>> nvidia BLOB driver as you are about his remarks about the Nouveau
>>> driver.
>>>
>>>     A lot of his stuff is just Usenet troll biolerplate and repeated
>>> nonsense.
>>
>> It's utter tripe. The guy has *never* used GNU/Linux, & has just
>> gleaned old 'problems' from Usenet groups or forums. For all we know,
>> the trolling shitwits "Hadron", DFS etc could have witten it.
>>  It's laughable!
>
> Did you even bother to look at who wrote that article?
> You can start eating crow now dumb Willy.
>
> Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
>
> P.S. I just love setting you fools up for the fall.

I find it amazing how wrong he is all the time. You, DFS etc all know
and accept I use and *like* Gnu/LInux. Wankers like Creepy Chris
Ahlstrom and Dumb Willy Poaster dont like that I merely provide a
balanced view. And, despite NOT making any Windows related income like
both Creepy Chris Ahstrom and turd do, I dont feel the need to lie about
Windows and MS in general. Creepy, despite making his money from closed
source windows SW actually said he didnt feel MS Windows was ready for
the desktop a few years ago! Can you believe what a weenie he is trying
to suck up and be "one of the lads"?!?!?!

--
A certain COLA "advocate" faking his user-agent in order to pretend to be a Linux
user: User-Agent: Outlook 5.5 (WinNT 5.0), User-Agent: slrn/0.9.8.0
flatfish+++ <phlatphish@yahoo.com> writes:

> On Mon, 28 Jan 2013 10:11:46 -0800, Scott Doty wrote:
>
>> On 01/27/2013 06:14 AM, flatfish+++ wrote:
>>> http://linuxfonts.narod.ru/why.linux.is.not.ready.for.the.desktop.current.html
>>>
>>> http://tinyurl.com/63qhmal
>>>
>>> This one is a beauty!
>>> Hey Scott, make sure and note the Linux Audio section.
>>>

>> Oh my goodness, some wintroll is posting troll bait -- I should get all
>> in a kerfluffle!
>>
>> Seriously -- as I told "Greycloud" -- nobody with any shred of sense
>> posts such idiocy.
>>
>> "Oh yeah?  Well...here's this article I found on a Russian website --
>> take that!"
>>
>> I don't do hoops.
>>
>>   -Scott
>
> You might want to take a look at the author of that article and his
> qualifications to make sure statements.
>
> Looks like you have been ROPE-A-DOPED Scott !
>
> Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Notice any patterns in Scott's posting styles?

An idiot foremost of course.

--
A certain COLA "advocate" faking his user-agent in order to pretend to be a Linux
user: User-Agent: Outlook 5.5 (WinNT 5.0), User-Agent: slrn/0.9.8.0
(Linux), Message-ID: <wPGdnd3NnOM0ACfdRVn-hw@comcast.com>
0
hadronquark (21814)
1/28/2013 7:25:33 PM
flatfish+++ <phlatphish@yahoo.com> writes:

> On Mon, 28 Jan 2013 08:58:04 -0800 (PST), Steve Carroll wrote:
>
>> On Jan 27, 7:14 am, flatfish+++ <phlatph...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>> http://linuxfonts.narod.ru/why.linux.is.not.ready.for.the.desktop.cur...
>>
>> IIRC I once pointed to something from that site... and got similare
>
> No surprise there. The false advocates in COLA don't like hearing
> about Linux's problems. Everything just seems to work fine for them.
> Lol!

It seems pretty balanced.

--
A certain COLA "advocate" faking his user-agent in order to pretend to be a Linux
user: User-Agent: Outlook 5.5 (WinNT 5.0), User-Agent: slrn/0.9.8.0
(Linux), Message-ID: <wPGdnd3NnOM0ACfdRVn-hw@comcast.com>
0
hadronquark (21814)
1/28/2013 7:27:54 PM
On 1/28/13 12:19 PM, in article 2b38xlp13v.fsf@news.eternal-september.org,
"Hadron" <hadronquark@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> It's utter tripe. The guy has *never* used GNU/Linux, & has just
>>> gleaned old 'problems' from Usenet groups or forums. For all we know,
>>> the trolling shitwits "Hadron", DFS etc could have witten it.
>>>  It's laughable!
>>
>> Did you even bother to look at who wrote that article?
>> You can start eating crow now dumb Willy.
>>
>> Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
>>
>> P.S. I just love setting you fools up for the fall.
>
> I find it amazing how wrong he is all the time. You, DFS etc all know
> and accept I use and *like* Gnu/LInux. Wankers like Creepy Chris
> Ahlstrom and Dumb Willy Poaster dont like that I merely provide a
> balanced view. And, despite NOT making any Windows related income like
> both Creepy Chris Ahstrom and turd do, I dont feel the need to lie about
> Windows and MS in general. Creepy, despite making his money from closed
> source windows SW actually said he didnt feel MS Windows was ready for
> the desktop a few years ago! Can you believe what a weenie he is trying
> to suck up and be "one of the lads"?!?!?!

The herd also loves to tell me how much I hate Linux and am an "anti-Linux
troll" *as* I am donating my time to a school by installing Linux on
multiple computers and getting them set up for use (now the school just has
to figure out details of how they want to use them - one of these months I
will actually get to meet with the teachers!)

The herd is, literally, incapable of being rational or coherent. Look at
TomB's BS flip flops I have been quoting recently... and he is one of the
more rational of the group.

--
"90% of computers use Microsoft's Windows ... Macs account for 9% of the
market while the open source system Linux accounts for 0.8%."
-- Linus Torvalds

0
usenet2 (47889)
1/28/2013 7:39:16 PM
On 1/28/13 9:36 AM, in article h3ynv3j0oehz$.g60epu7yt9sj$.dlg@40tude.net,
"flatfish+++" <phlatphish@yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 28 Jan 2013 09:12:22 -0700, Snit wrote:
>

>> I actually have been emailed by several of he G+ members who think the COLA
>> "advocates" and the owner are loons but are afraid to speak out in the
>> group. As you note, there is an element in the community which is "paranoid
>> and self defeating". I get the feeling you think this is a higher percentage
>> than I do.
>
> In the past I too have been contacted by several people from COLA who
> had similar concerns of being attacked if they spoke out about
> negative experiences with Linux.
>
> It's a complete herd mentality.

Absolutely. And just worked out a way for me to get the info I wanted from
the group where I can show it very clearly and also protect my sources. So
it should be posted soon. It is a copy of every conversation I was involved
in directly or even mentioned - and you will see it is *only* the herd and,
later, the owner of the group who speak poorly of me (and then only after he
was contacted repeatedly by the herd as they made up "background" lies about
me). Others defended me and made it clear the herds actions were not
appropriate.

You will also see where TomB and Ahlstrom made completely unsupportable
claims I called them on... ones they will *never* admit they were wrong
about. This is 100% predictable.

The herd is predictable. And they do much more to harm Linux advocacy than
anyone else in COLA.

--
"On desktops, Linux has had a hard time cracking the 1 per cent mark,
although some of the web analytics companies now put it at around 1.5 per
cent." -- Linus Torvalds

0
usenet2 (47889)
1/28/2013 7:42:29 PM
On Mon, 28 Jan 2013 20:19:00 +0100, Hadron wrote:

> flatfish+++ <phlatphish@yahoo.com> writes:

>>> It's utter tripe. The guy has *never* used GNU/Linux, & has just
>>> gleaned old 'problems' from Usenet groups or forums. For all we know,
>>> the trolling shitwits "Hadron", DFS etc could have witten it.
>>>  It's laughable!
>>
>> Did you even bother to look at who wrote that article?
>> You can start eating crow now dumb Willy.
>>
>> Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
>>
>> P.S. I just love setting you fools up for the fall.
>
> I find it amazing how wrong he is all the time. You, DFS etc all know
> and accept I use and *like* Gnu/LInux. Wankers like Creepy Chris
> Ahlstrom and Dumb Willy Poaster dont like that I merely provide a
> balanced view. And, despite NOT making any Windows related income like
> both Creepy Chris Ahstrom and turd do, I dont feel the need to lie about
> Windows and MS in general. Creepy, despite making his money from closed
> source windows SW actually said he didnt feel MS Windows was ready for
> the desktop a few years ago! Can you believe what a weenie he is trying
> to suck up and be "one of the lads"?!?!?!

Their behavior boggles the mind.
I don't hate Linux either but I dislike false Linux advocates which
is why I expose them when I can.

--
flatfish+++
PLEASE VISIT OUR HALL OF LINUX IDIOTS:
http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/
0
phlatphish (6976)
1/28/2013 8:02:39 PM
On Mon, 28 Jan 2013 20:25:33 +0100, Hadron wrote:

> flatfish+++ <phlatphish@yahoo.com> writes:

>>> Oh my goodness, some wintroll is posting troll bait -- I should get all
>>> in a kerfluffle!
>>>
>>> Seriously -- as I told "Greycloud" -- nobody with any shred of sense
>>> posts such idiocy.
>>>
>>> "Oh yeah?  Well...here's this article I found on a Russian website --
>>> take that!"
>>>
>>> I don't do hoops.
>>>
>>>   -Scott
>>
>> You might want to take a look at the author of that article and his
>> qualifications to make sure statements.
>>
>> Looks like you have been ROPE-A-DOPED Scott !
>>
>> Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
>
> Notice any patterns in Scott's posting styles?
>
> An idiot foremost of course.

No.
What are you seeing?

--
flatfish+++
PLEASE VISIT OUR HALL OF LINUX IDIOTS:
http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/
0
phlatphish (6976)
1/28/2013 8:07:00 PM
On 1/28/13 1:02 PM, in article 1t42fcqgb6ycu.1cawuf0hdiqa1$.dlg@40tude.net,
"flatfish+++" <phlatphish@yahoo.com> wrote:

>>> Did you even bother to look at who wrote that article?
>>> You can start eating crow now dumb Willy.
>>>
>>> Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
>>>
>>> P.S. I just love setting you fools up for the fall.
>>
>> I find it amazing how wrong he is all the time. You, DFS etc all know
>> and accept I use and *like* Gnu/LInux. Wankers like Creepy Chris
>> Ahlstrom and Dumb Willy Poaster dont like that I merely provide a
>> balanced view. And, despite NOT making any Windows related income like
>> both Creepy Chris Ahstrom and turd do, I dont feel the need to lie about
>> Windows and MS in general. Creepy, despite making his money from closed
>> source windows SW actually said he didnt feel MS Windows was ready for
>> the desktop a few years ago! Can you believe what a weenie he is trying
>> to suck up and be "one of the lads"?!?!?!
>
> Their behavior boggles the mind.
> I don't hate Linux either but I dislike false Linux advocates which
> is why I expose them when I can.

I find COLA to be an interesting look at the psychology of a cult-like
group. The "trolls" mess with the herd but do not show the same cult-like
behavior.

--
"Linux desktop is why I got into Linux in the first place. I mean, I
have never, ever cared about really anything but the Linux desktop."
-- Linus Torvalds

0
usenet2 (47889)
1/28/2013 11:15:19 PM
On Sun, 27 Jan 2013 16:52:50 -0500, flatfish+++ Inscribed upon the Golden
Tablets of Usenet thusly:

> On Sun, 27 Jan 2013 16:10:20 +0000 (UTC), cipher wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 27 Jan 2013 10:00:08 -0500, Chris Ahlstrom Inscribed upon the
>> Golden Tablets of Usenet thusly:
>>
>>> After swilling some grog, Peter Köhlmann belched this bit o' wisdom:

>>> And he's quoting from someone just as biased and clueless.  From the
>>> link
>>>
>>>    http://linuxfonts.narod.ru/
>> why.linux.is.not.ready.for.the.desktop.current.html
>>>
>>> Here's one example:
>>>
>>>    No reliable sound system, no reliable unified software audio mixing
>>>    (implemented in all modern OSes except Linux), ...
>>>
>>> Here's another:
>>>
>>>    No true safe-mode for X.org server. Misconfiguration and broken
>>>    drivers can leave you with a non-functional system, where sometimes
>>>    you cannot access text virtual consoles to rectify the situation.
>>>
>>> Bog-standard FUD and lies, and it draws shills and liars like flies.
>>>
>>> You could generate the same kind of document for Windows by googling
>>> for all the problems that any user has ever had under Windows and
>>> distilling them into a laundry list, like the author that Flounder
>>> quotes has done.
>>
>> Correct.  Never ask the barber if you need a haircut, never ask a
>> stealth M$ plant if Linux sucks.
>
> I suggest you take a look at who wrote the article. You can apologize to
> him later.

You don't think there are tons of articles, forum posts that detail all
of Windows many failings?

Wow.

Talk about blinders on...

 )\ (  ) /(    Cipher/Proud Member, Netscum Alumni Association
 )-(0^^0)-(    Bungmunch U./AHM Memorial Institute of F@x0r1n6/Dean
 )/ \\// \(    Colonel/1st Virginia Volunteers/CeSium Brigade
    (oo)       Registered Linux User #556617
   / ~~ \      Empire of APDD/#6-5p07/VLNOC Cohort #1407
 o@o     o@o   Keeper of the alt.CeSium FAQ
cipher1 (253)
1/28/2013 11:33:34 PM
cipher <cipher@nospamforme.org> writes:

> On Sun, 27 Jan 2013 16:52:50 -0500, flatfish+++ Inscribed upon the Golden
> Tablets of Usenet thusly:
>
>> On Sun, 27 Jan 2013 16:10:20 +0000 (UTC), cipher wrote:
>>
>>> On Sun, 27 Jan 2013 10:00:08 -0500, Chris Ahlstrom Inscribed upon the
>>> Golden Tablets of Usenet thusly:

>>> why.linux.is.not.ready.for.the.desktop.current.html

>>> Correct.  Never ask the barber if you need a haircut, never ask a
>>> stealth M$ plant if Linux sucks.
>>
>> I suggest you take a look at who wrote the article. You can apologize to
>> him later.
>
> You don't think there are tons of articles, forum posts that detail all
> of Windows many failings?
>
> Wow.
>
> Talk about blinders on...

YOu seem to be more confused than ever. No one is denying they exist. Or
talking about them even. The subject is the link originally posted. Are
you retarded?

--
A certain COLA "advocate" faking his user-agent in order to pretend to be a Linux
user: User-Agent: Outlook 5.5 (WinNT 5.0), User-Agent: slrn/0.9.8.0
(Linux), Message-ID: <wPGdnd3NnOM0ACfdRVn-hw@comcast.com>
0
hadronquark (21814)
1/28/2013 11:36:37 PM
On 1/28/2013 4:36 PM, Hadron wrote:
> cipher <cipher@nospamforme.org> writes:
>
>> On Sun, 27 Jan 2013 16:52:50 -0500, flatfish+++ Inscribed upon the Golden
>> Tablets of Usenet thusly:

>>> I suggest you take a look at who wrote the article. You can apologize to
>>> him later.
>>
>> You don't think there are tons of articles, forum posts that detail all
>> of Windows many failings?
>>
>> Wow.
>>
>> Talk about blinders on...
>
> YOu seem to be more confused than ever. No one is denying they exist. Or
> talking about them even. The subject is the link originally posted. Are
> you retarded?

I'm beginning to wonder about the lad.

0
mist (19747)
1/29/2013 2:48:44 AM
On Mon, 28 Jan 2013 23:33:34 +0000 (UTC), cipher wrote:

> On Sun, 27 Jan 2013 16:52:50 -0500, flatfish+++ Inscribed upon the Golden
> Tablets of Usenet thusly:
>
>> On Sun, 27 Jan 2013 16:10:20 +0000 (UTC), cipher wrote:
>>
>>> On Sun, 27 Jan 2013 10:00:08 -0500, Chris Ahlstrom Inscribed upon the
>>> Golden Tablets of Usenet thusly:

>>> why.linux.is.not.ready.for.the.desktop.current.html

>>> Correct.  Never ask the barber if you need a haircut, never ask a
>>> stealth M$ plant if Linux sucks.
>>
>> I suggest you take a look at who wrote the article. You can apologize to
>> him later.
>
> You don't think there are tons of articles, forum posts that detail all
> of Windows many failings?
>
> Wow.
>
> Talk about blinders on...

Nice diversion.
Of course there are.
We are talking about Linux though and specifically how Linux zealots
will rarely if ever admit Linux's faults.

I freely admit Windows faults and have been doing so for years.

--
flatfish+++
PLEASE VISIT OUR HALL OF LINUX IDIOTS:
http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/
0
phlatphish (6976)
1/29/2013 12:39:32 PM
On Mon, 28 Jan 2013 19:48:44 -0700, GreyCloud wrote:

> On 1/28/2013 4:36 PM, Hadron wrote:
>> cipher <cipher@nospamforme.org> writes:
>>
>>> On Sun, 27 Jan 2013 16:52:50 -0500, flatfish+++ Inscribed upon the Golden
>>> Tablets of Usenet thusly:

>>> You don't think there are tons of articles, forum posts that detail all
>>> of Windows many failings?
>>>
>>> Wow.
>>>
>>> Talk about blinders on...
>>
>> YOu seem to be more confused than ever. No one is denying they exist. Or
>> talking about them even. The subject is the link originally posted. Are
>> you retarded?
>>
> I'm beginning to wonder about the lad.

He's battling with his inner self.

One side of him knows we are correct, but the Linux zealot side of
him is not allowing him to admit it.

Ahlstrom has a similar problem although cipher seems to be his own
unique, person where Ahlstrom is just a suck up.

--
flatfish+++
PLEASE VISIT OUR HALL OF LINUX IDIOTS:
http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/
0
phlatphish (6976)
1/29/2013 12:41:23 PM
Peter K�hlmann wrote:

>If you cretinous liar thinks that I am "part of the problem", fine, so be
>it.

The kooks and liars who attack Linux in here actually claim that some
of us "harm Linux", because we are "not nice" to filthy liars like
them!

>That still amounts to a lot of things. Namely that I am not a MS shill, a
>lying Hadron and a incredibly dishonest Snit like you are, flatfish Gary
>Stewrat. And especially not a racist swine like you
>
>So you are "figuring" nothing. As usual

Indeed.  Compared to the lying Wintroll filth, the worst advocate
looks like saint.

--
"(Linux users in the main) also want the source code so they can steal
other peoples hard work."  -  "True Linux advocate" Hadron Quark
Scott Doty wrote:
> On 01/27/2013 06:14 AM, flatfish+++ wrote:
>> http://linuxfonts.narod.ru/why.linux.is.not.ready.for.the.desktop.current.html
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/63qhmal
>>
>> This one is a beauty!
>> Hey Scott, make sure and note the Linux Audio section.
>>

> Oh my goodness, some wintroll is posting troll bait -- I should get
> all in a kerfluffle!
>
> Seriously -- as I told "Greycloud" -- nobody with any shred of sense
> posts such idiocy.
>
> "Oh yeah?  Well...here's this article I found on a Russian website --
> take that!"
>
> I don't do hoops.

Audio subsystem: "causing major user problems and headache."
bwahahahaaah!, I love this one!

>  -Scott

0
Cola_Zealot (1051)
1/29/2013 4:53:16 PM
On 1/29/2013 5:41 AM, flatfish+++ wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Jan 2013 19:48:44 -0700, GreyCloud wrote:

>>> YOu seem to be more confused than ever. No one is denying they exist. Or
>>> talking about them even. The subject is the link originally posted. Are
>>> you retarded?
>>>
>> I'm beginning to wonder about the lad.
>
> He's battling with his inner self.
>
> One side of him knows we are correct, but the Linux zealot side of
> him is not allowing him to admit it.
>
> Ahlstrom has a similar problem although cipher seems to be his own
> unique, person where Ahlstrom is just a suck up.

I think cipher will see the light... just as soon as all the puzzle
pieces are put together.  Reality for him will be a bit painful after that.

0
mist (19747)
1/29/2013 5:05:44 PM
On Sun, 27 Jan 2013 16:52:14 -0500, flatfish+++ wrote:

> I was hoping some Linux advocate would come along and say something
> like, "well some of that stuff is valid and we should work together
> to change and improve Linux".
>
> But nope.
>
> All denials.
>
> And yea, you Linux loons got set up by little old me.
>
> Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Actually a LOT of his criticisms are valid.  There are some awesome open
source projects that work well, are well supported, well designed, and
really do what they are intended to do: postgresql, firefox, trolltech/
Qt, the gcc toolchain, etc.

and then there is the total shit that intellectual crybabies push down
our throat because they've invented a newer, more complex, mousetrap that
massages their little egos: systemd, pulse, nouveau, gnome, et al.

I fully expect to be called everything from a child molester to the anti-
christ because I don't buy the hype.  I'm too old, skilled, and confident
in my own understanding of software/firmware development for my ego to be
bruised.

I have negative opinions about linux, but those opinions don't keep me
from using it.  they just cause me to end up debugging, and reverse
engineering virtually every crappy piece of distro software that I need,
and my systems end up deviating terribly from the stock distros in a
matter of weeks.  The vast majority of users can't and won't tolerate the
overhead of reengineering, or helping to find/resolve bugs in software
they use.

I've been playing with the Linux kernel since the 0.99 kernel days in the
early 90s and I USED MINIX!  How many of the zealots can say that?  I've
installed and used just about every major distro that's come out, dating
back to the MIT TSX-11 archive, and have created countless LFS (linux
from scratch installations) for various tasks over the years.  I think
I'm in a position to have some valid negative opinions about the crap
that is showing up in recent distro releases.

Until opensource initiatives develop and follow some draconian hard core
processes to rule how software is developed and supported then there will
continue to be much crap that doesn't work right in Linux distros.

But I must cut it short here because I now have to figure out why yet
another application gui menu that relies upon gnome libs is failing...oh
yeah!  It's a frackin bug that's been reported for over three god damned
years that still hasn't been fixed because either someone doesn't want to
take responsibility for it, or it's "too hard" to fix!!!  But yeah,
there's a work-around.  I just have to resize the window every time I use
a function from the pulldown.  Definitely some quality engineering
there!   Good job guys! (audacity bug -- top level menu disappears; do a
web search)

I don't even file bugzilla reports anymore.  They're useless, as the
developers never take responsibility to fix the bugs and 6-12 months
later I get an email that they are closing the report and that I should
refile if I believe it still exists.  What's the point when bug reports
are ignored? and the insulting thing about it is that the vast majority
of the bugs I find wouldn't exist if the projects did real regression
testing before releasing...but hey, who wants to test when you've got the
internet public to do it for you?

-Rob
0
noone6680 (136)
3/8/2013 3:41:24 AM
On 3/7/2013 8:41 PM, Rob wrote:
> [...]
> take responsibility for it, or it's "too hard" to fix!!!  But yeah,
> there's a work-around.  I just have to resize the window every time I use
> a function from the pulldown.  Definitely some quality engineering
> there!   Good job guys! (audacity bug -- top level menu disappears; do a
> web search)
>
> I don't even file bugzilla reports anymore.  They're useless, as the
> developers never take responsibility to fix the bugs and 6-12 months
> later I get an email that they are closing the report and that I should
> refile if I believe it still exists.  What's the point when bug reports
> are ignored? and the insulting thing about it is that the vast majority
> of the bugs I find wouldn't exist if the projects did real regression
> testing before releasing...but hey, who wants to test when you've got the

Hi Rob.  Sounds pretty much my position as well.  The zealots don't take
kindly to any criticism of their "Altar OS" that they worship under.
That's why I use three different platforms... OS X, Win7, and OpenVMS.
And I have linux installed under a VM in Win7.

0
mist (19747)
3/8/2013 5:37:14 AM
Rob <noone@all.com> writes:

> On Sun, 27 Jan 2013 16:52:14 -0500, flatfish+++ wrote:
>
>> I was hoping some Linux advocate would come along and say something
>> like, "well some of that stuff is valid and we should work together
>> to change and improve Linux".
>>
>> But nope.
>>
>> All denials.
>>
>> And yea, you Linux loons got set up by little old me.
>>
>> Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
>
> Actually a LOT of his criticisms are valid.  There are some awesome open
> source projects that work well, are well supported, well designed, and
> really do what they are intended to do: postgresql, firefox, trolltech/
> Qt, the gcc toolchain, etc.
>
> and then there is the total shit that intellectual crybabies push down
> our throat because they've invented a newer, more complex, mousetrap that
> massages their little egos: systemd, pulse, nouveau, gnome, et al.

I find Gnome works very well and does what I want : provides a working,
efficient GUI for launching the apps I need to use daily. It works with
xmonad and is not total bloatware like KDE.

--
A certain COLA "advocate" faking his user-agent in order to pretend to be a Linux
user: User-Agent: Outlook 5.5 (WinNT 5.0), User-Agent: slrn/0.9.8.0
(Linux), Message-ID: <wPGdnd3NnOM0ACfdRVn-hw@comcast.com>
0
hadronquark (21814)
3/8/2013 7:07:16 AM
After swilling some grog, Rob belched this bit o' wisdom:

> On Sun, 27 Jan 2013 16:52:14 -0500, flatfish+++ wrote:
>
>> <bullshit snipped>
>
> Actually a LOT of his criticisms are valid.  There are some awesome open
> source projects that work well, are well supported, well designed, and
> really do what they are intended to do: postgresql, firefox, trolltech/
> Qt, the gcc toolchain, etc.
>
> <anonymous propagandistic bullshit snipped>

Stick with Windoze or Mac, boy.  And then you can troll their forums
with your "issues".

--
The worst programs are the ones where the programmers doing the original
work don't lay a solid foundation, and then they're not involved in the
On Thu, 07 Mar 2013 22:37:14 -0700, GreyCloud wrote:

> [...]
>> web search)
>>
>> I don't even file bugzilla reports anymore.  They're useless, as the
>> developers never take responsibility to fix the bugs and 6-12 months
>> later I get an email that they are closing the report and that I should
>> refile if I believe it still exists.  What's the point when bug reports
>> are ignored? and the insulting thing about it is that the vast majority
>> of the bugs I find wouldn't exist if the projects did real regression
>> testing before releasing...but hey, who wants to test when you've got the
>> internet public to do it for you?
>>
>> -Rob
>>

> Hi Rob.  Sounds pretty much my position as well.  The zealots don't take
> kindly to any criticism of their "Altar OS" that they worship under.
> That's why I use three different platforms... OS X, Win7, and OpenVMS.
> And I have linux installed under a VM in Win7.

Attack the alter of Stallman and you will be attacked as well.

--
flatfish+++
PLEASE VISIT OUR HALL OF LINUX IDIOTS:
http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/
0
phlatphish (6976)
3/8/2013 3:06:13 PM
On Fri, 08 Mar 2013 08:07:16 +0100, Hadron wrote:

> Rob <noone@all.com> writes:
>
>> On Sun, 27 Jan 2013 16:52:14 -0500, flatfish+++ wrote:
>>
>>> I was hoping some Linux advocate would come along and say something
>>> like, "well some of that stuff is valid and we should work together
>>> to change and improve Linux".
>>>
>>> But nope.
>>>
>>> All denials.
>>>
>>> And yea, you Linux loons got set up by little old me.
>>>
>>> Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
>>
>> Actually a LOT of his criticisms are valid.  There are some awesome open
>> source projects that work well, are well supported, well designed, and
>> really do what they are intended to do: postgresql, firefox, trolltech/
>> Qt, the gcc toolchain, etc.
>>
>> and then there is the total shit that intellectual crybabies push down
>> our throat because they've invented a newer, more complex, mousetrap that
>> massages their little egos: systemd, pulse, nouveau, gnome, et al.
>>

> I find Gnome works very well and does what I want : provides a working,
> efficient GUI for launching the apps I need to use daily. It works with
> xmonad and is not total bloatware like KDE.

Same here.
As you state, most people use the GUI for launching apps and not much
more.
Gnome is better than kde IMHO.

--
flatfish+++
PLEASE VISIT OUR HALL OF LINUX IDIOTS:
http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/
0
phlatphish (6976)
3/8/2013 3:06:57 PM
On Fri, 8 Mar 2013 06:19:57 -0500, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

> After swilling some grog, Rob belched this bit o' wisdom:
>
>> On Sun, 27 Jan 2013 16:52:14 -0500, flatfish+++ wrote:
>>
>>> <bullshit snipped>
>>
>> Actually a LOT of his criticisms are valid.  There are some awesome open
>> source projects that work well, are well supported, well designed, and
>> really do what they are intended to do: postgresql, firefox, trolltech/
>> Qt, the gcc toolchain, etc.
>>
>> <anonymous propagandistic bullshit snipped>
>
> Stick with Windoze or Mac, boy.  And then you can troll their forums
> with your "issues".

Like you do Ahlstrom?

After all you use Windows to earn your living.

Lol!

That post knocked you down a few levels, didn't it Ahlstrom.

--
flatfish+++
PLEASE VISIT OUR HALL OF LINUX IDIOTS:
http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/
0
phlatphish (6976)
3/8/2013 3:10:31 PM
On Fri, 08 Mar 2013 10:06:57 -0500, flatfish+++ wrote:

> On Fri, 08 Mar 2013 08:07:16 +0100, Hadron wrote:
>
>> Rob <noone@all.com> writes:

>>> Actually a LOT of his criticisms are valid.  There are some awesome
>>> open source projects that work well, are well supported, well
>>> designed, and really do what they are intended to do: postgresql,
>>> firefox, trolltech/ Qt, the gcc toolchain, etc.
>>>
>>> and then there is the total shit that intellectual crybabies push down
>>> our throat because they've invented a newer, more complex, mousetrap
>>> that massages their little egos: systemd, pulse, nouveau, gnome, et
>>> al.
>>>

>> I find Gnome works very well and does what I want : provides a working,
>> efficient GUI for launching the apps I need to use daily. It works with
>> xmonad and is not total bloatware like KDE.
>
> Same here.
> As you state, most people use the GUI for launching apps and not much
> more.
> Gnome is better than kde IMHO.

Why is so? I find KDE far superior then Gnome 2,3...
But I use both (KDE & Gnome 3) + Unity....
When I am bored with one I choose other...

0
mel2515 (279)
3/8/2013 3:14:27 PM
On Fri, 8 Mar 2013 15:14:27 +0000 (UTC), Melzzzzz wrote:

> On Fri, 08 Mar 2013 10:06:57 -0500, flatfish+++ wrote:

>>> I find Gnome works very well and does what I want : provides a working,
>>> efficient GUI for launching the apps I need to use daily. It works with
>>> xmonad and is not total bloatware like KDE.
>>
>> Same here.
>> As you state, most people use the GUI for launching apps and not much
>> more.
>> Gnome is better than kde IMHO.
>
> Why is so? I find KDE far superior then Gnome 2,3...
> But I use both (KDE & Gnome 3) + Unity....
> When I am bored with one I choose other...

That's fine.
Whatever floats your boat :)

--
flatfish+++
PLEASE VISIT OUR HALL OF LINUX IDIOTS:
http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/
0
phlatphish (6976)
3/8/2013 3:50:51 PM
On 2013-03-08, Rob <noone@all.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 27 Jan 2013 16:52:14 -0500, flatfish+++ wrote:
>
>> I was hoping some Linux advocate would come along and say something
>> like, "well some of that stuff is valid and we should work together
>> to change and improve Linux".

    Troll talking points?

    Not bloody likely.

    Whining about GNOME and Pulse really isn't terribly productive.

[deletia]

> Until opensource initiatives develop and follow some draconian hard core
> processes to rule how software is developed and supported then there will

    Now this is just funny.

    Very little software is actually developed like this. Right here you're
just trying to perpetrate the myth that "MacOS is better" or "Windows is better"
or "professional software is better". Well it isn't. It's subject to a great
deal of nonsense contrary to good engineering.

    You just don't see it because everything occurs behind the curtain.

    You're also just spouting a lot of nonsense propaganda about software quality.

    The whole point of an Open System is that you aren't subject to the Communist
or Fascists approach of central management. Interesting things get built because
people are free to solve interesting problems in any manner that suits them.

    Without this, the whole PC desktop as you know it would never have existed.

    All of it's killer apps would never have existed.

    Never mind "opens source".

    Your fascist nonsense is ananthema to general purpose computing in general.

--
       Unfortunately, the universe will not conform itself to
your fantasies. You have to manage based on what really happens        |||
On 3/8/2013 12:07 AM, Hadron wrote:
> Rob <noone@all.com> writes:
>
>> On Sun, 27 Jan 2013 16:52:14 -0500, flatfish+++ wrote:
>>
>>> I was hoping some Linux advocate would come along and say something
>>> like, "well some of that stuff is valid and we should work together
>>> to change and improve Linux".
>>>
>>> But nope.
>>>
>>> All denials.
>>>
>>> And yea, you Linux loons got set up by little old me.
>>>
>>> Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
>>
>> Actually a LOT of his criticisms are valid.  There are some awesome open
>> source projects that work well, are well supported, well designed, and
>> really do what they are intended to do: postgresql, firefox, trolltech/
>> Qt, the gcc toolchain, etc.
>>
>> and then there is the total shit that intellectual crybabies push down
>> our throat because they've invented a newer, more complex, mousetrap that
>> massages their little egos: systemd, pulse, nouveau, gnome, et al.
>>

> I find Gnome works very well and does what I want : provides a working,
> efficient GUI for launching the apps I need to use daily. It works with
> xmonad and is not total bloatware like KDE.

I'm find that out as well with Gnome.  Pretty much ditched that witch
called KDE>

0
mist (19747)
3/8/2013 7:18:50 PM
On 3/8/2013 4:19 AM, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
> After swilling some grog, Rob belched this bit o' wisdom:
>
>> On Sun, 27 Jan 2013 16:52:14 -0500, flatfish+++ wrote:
>>
>>> <bullshit snipped>
>>
>> Actually a LOT of his criticisms are valid.  There are some awesome open
>> source projects that work well, are well supported, well designed, and
>> really do what they are intended to do: postgresql, firefox, trolltech/
>> Qt, the gcc toolchain, etc.
>>
>> <anonymous propagandistic bullshit snipped>
>
> Stick with Windoze or Mac, boy.  And then you can troll their forums
> with your "issues".

0
mist (19747)
3/8/2013 7:20:04 PM
flatfish+++ wrote:
> On Fri, 8 Mar 2013 15:14:27 +0000 (UTC), Melzzzzz wrote:

>>> Same here.
>>> As you state, most people use the GUI for launching apps and not
>>> much more.
>>> Gnome is better than kde IMHO.
>>
>> Why is so? I find KDE far superior then Gnome 2,3...
>> But I use both (KDE & Gnome 3) + Unity....
>> When I am bored with one I choose other...
>
> That's fine.
> Whatever floats your boat :)

"Melzzzzz" is trying to explain that not one of his crippled desktop
environments works to meet his expectations.
Nice Linux nuke!

0
Cola_Zealot (1051)
3/8/2013 7:40:39 PM
On Fri, 08 Mar 2013 03:41:24 +0000, Rob wrote:

> Actually a LOT of his criticisms are valid.  There are some awesome open
> source projects that work well, are well supported, well designed, and
> really do what they are intended to do: postgresql, firefox, trolltech/
> Qt, the gcc toolchain, etc.
>
> and then there is the total shit that intellectual crybabies push down
> our throat because they've invented a newer, more complex, mousetrap
> that massages their little egos: systemd, pulse, nouveau, gnome, et al.

I've found that systemd works rather well, as do nouveau and gnome2. I'm
not a fan of gnome 3, but I know people that really like it. Everyone has
different preferences...

> I've been playing with the Linux kernel since the 0.99 kernel days in
> the early 90s and I USED MINIX!  How many of the zealots can say that?
> I've installed and used just about every major distro that's come out,
> dating back to the MIT TSX-11 archive, and have created countless LFS
> (linux from scratch installations) for various tasks over the years.  I
> think I'm in a position to have some valid negative opinions about the
> crap that is showing up in recent distro releases.

Everyone has opinions. Whether yours are valid or not isn't really
related to you having used Minix.

> Until opensource initiatives develop and follow some draconian hard core
> processes to rule how software is developed and supported then there
> will continue to be much crap that doesn't work right in Linux distros.

It looks like you've got your work cut out for you then. When can we
expect a first draft of your proposals? Do you have a project website?

On Fri, 8 Mar 2013 20:40:39 +0100, Cola Zealot wrote:

> flatfish+++ wrote:

>>> Why is so? I find KDE far superior then Gnome 2,3...
>>> But I use both (KDE & Gnome 3) + Unity....
>>> When I am bored with one I choose other...
>>
>> That's fine.
>> Whatever floats your boat :)
>
> "Melzzzzz" is trying to explain that not one of his crippled desktop
> environments works to meet his expectations.
> Nice Linux nuke!

I always wished I could combine windowmaker, enlightenment and gnome
and take the best parts of each.

--
flatfish+++
PLEASE VISIT OUR HALL OF LINUX IDIOTS:
http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/
0
phlatphish (6976)
3/8/2013 9:05:14 PM
On 2013-03-08, Melzzzzz <mel@zzzzz.com> claimed:

> Why is so? I find KDE far superior then Gnome 2,3...
> But I use both (KDE & Gnome 3) + Unity....
> When I am bored with one I choose other...

I tried again to use KDE 4 (Netrunner 12.12.1). This time it lasted 2
weeks.

Unlike before, I was able to start getting used to it. However, I found
it was sucking up (or leaking) memory like crazy.  This machine has 4G,
a dual-core processor and a couple of snappy drives.  Still, I found
myself rebooting every 2 days or it would be so unresponsive on the
third that I'd either need a long, long time to get it to reboot, or
I'd have to force it to shut down the hard way in order to recover in a
reasonable amount of time.

Same machine running SolusOS 1.7 (Gnome 2) and it's well past 2 weeks
without a reboot.

That was the fourth or fifth try. I'll give KDE another shot sometime
down the road.

I liked the old KDE. But I had trouble getting acquainted with the new
one since, to me, it was getting in my way too much.  (Gnome can do
that, too, sometimes.)

--
I had a life once... now I have a computer.
Dell Inspiron 530, SolusOS 1.7
On Fri, 8 Mar 2013 18:21:25 -0600, Sinister Midget wrote:

> I liked the old KDE. But I had trouble getting acquainted with the new
> one since, to me, it was getting in my way too much.  (Gnome can do
> that, too, sometimes.)

Same here.
It's gone downhill IMHO.

--
flatfish+++
PLEASE VISIT OUR HALL OF LINUX IDIOTS:
http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/
0
phlatphish (6976)
3/9/2013 1:14:55 AM
After swilling some grog, Sinister Midget belched this bit o' wisdom:

> On 2013-03-08, Melzzzzz <mel@zzzzz.com> claimed:
>
>> Why is so? I find KDE far superior then Gnome 2,3...
>> But I use both (KDE & Gnome 3) + Unity....
>> When I am bored with one I choose other...
>
> I tried again to use KDE 4 (Netrunner 12.12.1). This time it lasted 2
> weeks.
>
> Unlike before, I was able to start getting used to it. However, I found
> it was sucking up (or leaking) memory like crazy.  This machine has 4G,
> a dual-core processor and a couple of snappy drives.  Still, I found
> myself rebooting every 2 days or it would be so unresponsive on the
> third that I'd either need a long, long time to get it to reboot, or
> I'd have to force it to shut down the hard way in order to recover in a
> reasonable amount of time.
>
> Same machine running SolusOS 1.7 (Gnome 2) and it's well past 2 weeks
> without a reboot.
>
> That was the fourth or fifth try. I'll give KDE another shot sometime
> down the road.
>
> I liked the old KDE. But I had trouble getting acquainted with the new
> one since, to me, it was getting in my way too much.  (Gnome can do
> that, too, sometimes.)

My current desktop is XFce, trimmed down to be almost as spare as my
Fluxbox setup.  Have compositing turned on, so it looks a bit like
Windows 7 Ultimate :-D

--
The obvious mathematical breakthrough would be development of an easy way to
factor large prime numbers.
flatfish+++ wrote:
> On Fri, 8 Mar 2013 20:40:39 +0100, Cola Zealot wrote:
>
>> flatfish+++ wrote:

>>> That's fine.
>>> Whatever floats your boat :)
>>
>> "Melzzzzz" is trying to explain that not one of his crippled desktop
>> environments works to meet his expectations.
>> Nice Linux nuke!
>
> I always wished I could combine windowmaker, enlightenment and gnome
> and take the best parts of each.

Good idea!!!
Ask "our" genius "worldclass programmer" Dummkopf Kohlmann to combine them,
bwahahahaah!

0
Cola_Zealot (1051)
3/9/2013 10:50:39 AM
On 2013-03-09, Chris Ahlstrom <OFeem1987@teleworm.us> claimed:
> After swilling some grog, Sinister Midget belched this bit o' wisdom:

>> That was the fourth or fifth try. I'll give KDE another shot sometime
>> down the road.
>>
>> I liked the old KDE. But I had trouble getting acquainted with the new
>> one since, to me, it was getting in my way too much.  (Gnome can do
>> that, too, sometimes.)
>
> My current desktop is XFce, trimmed down to be almost as spare as my
> Fluxbox setup.  Have compositing turned on, so it looks a bit like
> Windows 7 Ultimate :-D

I'm thinking about trying Sparky (XFCE or LXDE choices out of the box)
or the CEBIT KANOTIX release (KDE, I think, with some things that are
supposedly not in the usual releases).

This install annoys me because there's no tray. I chose generic "gnome"
in Synpatic and it still didn't come up with anything containing a
tray. But it _did_ want to add the mono infection as part of what it
wanted to install. Without a tray, it puts the icons up next to the
menu (almost like they're on the desktop, only worse). Not all of
them, thogh. Amarok will put an icon there. Fatrat won't. Not Deluge,
either. Cairo Dock is available, but it's separate and it's a
workaround. Needless to say, this is enough to make me want to move on.
Maybe this week, maybe next.

I've pretty much settled (for now) on XFCE, LXDE or Gnome 2 (I don't
like 3) for now.  The machine can handle the heftier ones, but I really
prefer lighter without going too light.  I don't mind trying the others
out for awhile because I might be surprised and decide I like them
enough to toss in the choices.

--
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when open.
Dell Inspiron 530, SolusOS 1.7
Friends don't let friends use Windows
0
fardblossom (4529)
3/9/2013 1:43:28 PM
On 3/8/2013 7:21 PM, Sinister Midget wrote:
> On 2013-03-08, Melzzzzz <mel@zzzzz.com> claimed:
>
>> Why is so? I find KDE far superior then Gnome 2,3...
>> But I use both (KDE & Gnome 3) + Unity....
>> When I am bored with one I choose other...
>
> I tried again to use KDE 4 (Netrunner 12.12.1). This time it lasted 2
> weeks.
>
> Unlike before, I was able to start getting used to it. However, I found
> it was sucking up (or leaking) memory like crazy.  This machine has 4G,
> a dual-core processor and a couple of snappy drives.  Still, I found
> myself rebooting every 2 days or it would be so unresponsive on the
> third that I'd either need a long, long time to get it to reboot, or
> I'd have to force it to shut down the hard way in order to recover in a
> reasonable amount of time.

heh!

Knowing the unreliable, bit-rotting, kludgey, flaky slopware would be
savaged by non-advocates, I bet you had to do 5 shots to get up the
courage to tell us about this shitware experience.

Then again, you are a killfiling chickenshit who can't stand to read the
truth about your precious Linux, so you probably won't see it.

But if you do see this: thanks for the ammo, Gidget.  You can bet I'll
use it against Linux (and you if possible).

> Same machine running SolusOS 1.7 (Gnome 2) and it's well past 2 weeks
> without a reboot.

2 weeks is an eternity for some Linux victim uptimes.  In fact, one-half
or a full day of uptime is enough to get them really excited:

"My system has been up after I followed these steps for the better half
of the day! It's unbelieveable!"
#13 at http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=975558

"Still one day on and no crashes....!!"
#276 at
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?s=158160f81178b8d9cbb70b1bd9a9c56a&t=976287&highlight=freeze&page=28

"...two days [uptime] would be awesome
#652 at
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?s=4fad695c6c85eac8b863734db5d36677&t=1135055&highlight=freeze&page=66

> That was the fourth or fifth try. I'll give KDE another shot sometime
> down the road.
>
> I liked the old KDE. But I had trouble getting acquainted with the new
> one since, to me, it was getting in my way too much.  (Gnome can do
> that, too, sometimes.)

Old age is getting in your way, Gidget.

0
nospam2091 (10001)
3/9/2013 3:08:15 PM
On 3/9/2013 3:50 AM, Cola Zealot wrote:
> flatfish+++ wrote:

>>> "Melzzzzz" is trying to explain that not one of his crippled desktop
>>> environments works to meet his expectations.
>>> Nice Linux nuke!
>>
>> I always wished I could combine windowmaker, enlightenment and gnome
>> and take the best parts of each.
>
> Good idea!!!
> Ask "our" genius "worldclass programmer" Dummkopf Kohlmann to combine
> them, bwahahahaah!

All we'd see is his version of a vienna sausage.

0
mist (19747)
3/9/2013 5:03:37 PM
On 2013-03-09, Sinister Midget <fardblossom@gmail.com> claimed:

> This install annoys me because there's no tray. I chose generic "gnome"
> in Synpatic and it still didn't come up with anything containing a
> tray.

For some odd reason I restarted the machine (after testing Kanotix) and
now there's a tray.  Really weird.  Because it isn't the first time I
rebooted it and there wasn't one before.

--
Why do we read left to right yet turn pages right to left?
Dell Inspiron 530, SolusOS 1.7
Friends don't let friends use Windows
0
fardblossom (4529)
3/9/2013 8:51:30 PM
On 3/9/2013 3:51 PM, Sinister Midget wrote:
> On 2013-03-09, Sinister Midget <fardblossom@gmail.com> claimed:
>
>> This install annoys me because there's no tray. I chose generic "gnome"
>> in Synpatic and it still didn't come up with anything containing a
>> tray.
>
> For some odd reason I restarted the machine (after testing Kanotix) and
> now there's a tray.  Really weird.  Because it isn't the first time I
> rebooted it and there wasn't one before.

What's the complaint - don't you like your hobbyware to be randomly bad,
instead of consistently bad?

0
nospam2091 (10001)
3/10/2013 2:49:12 PM
flatfish+++ <phlatphish@yahoo.com> writes:

> On Fri, 8 Mar 2013 15:14:27 +0000 (UTC), Melzzzzz wrote:

>>> Same here.
>>> As you state, most people use the GUI for launching apps and not much
>>> more.
>>> Gnome is better than kde IMHO.
>>
>> Why is so? I find KDE far superior then Gnome 2,3...
>> But I use both (KDE & Gnome 3) + Unity....
>> When I am bored with one I choose other...
>
> That's fine.
> Whatever floats your boat :)

Bored? WTF? This moron seems to think he can kid us. The point of the DE
is to provide an easy consistent interface to your apps and data and for
those apps to conform. Bored? Clearly he never does any real work.

--
A certain COLA "advocate" faking his user-agent in order to pretend to be a Linux
user: User-Agent: Outlook 5.5 (WinNT 5.0), User-Agent: slrn/0.9.8.0
(Linux), Message-ID: <wPGdnd3NnOM0ACfdRVn-hw@comcast.com>
0
hadronquark (21814)
3/11/2013 4:23:55 PM
On Fri, 08 Mar 2013 06:19:57 -0500, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

> After swilling some grog, Rob belched this bit o' wisdom:
>
>> On Sun, 27 Jan 2013 16:52:14 -0500, flatfish+++ wrote:
>>
>>> <bullshit snipped>
>>
>> Actually a LOT of his criticisms are valid.  There are some awesome
>> open source projects that work well, are well supported, well designed,
>> and really do what they are intended to do: postgresql, firefox,
>> trolltech/ Qt, the gcc toolchain, etc.
>>
>> <anonymous propagandistic bullshit snipped>
>
> Stick with Windoze or Mac, boy.  And then you can troll their forums
> with your "issues".

Boy?

CP/M, RT11, RSX, RSTS/E, OS/360...You're probably just a script kiddie
who doesn't even know what whose are, and I'll wager I've been at it a
helluvalot longer than you.  Hell I was probably cracking 110 baud dialup
connections on a model 33 teletype years before the night your mama
failed her pee test and wondered who the father was from the drunken
gangbang.
0
noone6680 (136)
3/12/2013 2:06:04 AM
On 3/11/2013 10:06 PM, Rob wrote:
> On Fri, 08 Mar 2013 06:19:57 -0500, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
>
>> After swilling some grog, Rob belched this bit o' wisdom:

>>> Actually a LOT of his criticisms are valid.  There are some awesome
>>> open source projects that work well, are well supported, well designed,
>>> and really do what they are intended to do: postgresql, firefox,
>>> trolltech/ Qt, the gcc toolchain, etc.
>>>
>>> <anonymous propagandistic bullshit snipped>
>>
>> Stick with Windoze or Mac, boy.  And then you can troll their forums
>> with your "issues".
>
> Boy?
>
> CP/M, RT11, RSX, RSTS/E, OS/360...You're probably just a script kiddie
> who doesn't even know what whose are, and I'll wager I've been at it a
> helluvalot longer than you.  Hell I was probably cracking 110 baud dialup
> connections on a model 33 teletype years before the night your mama
> failed her pee test and wondered who the father was from the drunken
> gangbang.

Creepy Chris is a middle-age career Windows QA goob (facts) who wants to
be a 1337 Linux haxor but is too scared and suburban-settled-in to
actually follow his dream.  And his wife has him on a seriously short leash.

He thinks of himself as a Li
0
nospam2091 (10001)
3/12/2013 2:12:34 AM
On 3/11/2013 10:06 PM, Rob wrote:
> On Fri, 08 Mar 2013 06:19:57 -0500, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
>
>> After swilling some grog, Rob belched this bit o' wisdom:

>>> Actually a LOT of his criticisms are valid.  There are some awesome
>>> open source projects that work well, are well supported, well designed,
>>> and really do what they are intended to do: postgresql, firefox,
>>> trolltech/ Qt, the gcc toolchain, etc.
>>>
>>> <anonymous propagandistic bullshit snipped>
>>
>> Stick with Windoze or Mac, boy.  And then you can troll their forums
>> with your "issues".
>
> Boy?
>
> CP/M, RT11, RSX, RSTS/E, OS/360...You're probably just a script kiddie
> who doesn't even know what whose are, and I'll wager I've been at it a
> helluvalot longer than you.  Hell I was probably cracking 110 baud dialup
> connections on a model 33 teletype years before the night your mama
> failed her pee test and wondered who the father was from the drunken
> gangbang.

Creepy Chris is a middle-age career Windows QA goob (facts) who wants to
be a 1337 Linux haxor but is too scared and suburban-settled-in to
actually follow his dream.  And his wife has him on a seriously short leash.

He thinks of himself as a Linux advocate, though.

0
nospam2091 (10001)
3/12/2013 2:14:10 AM
On 12 Mar 2013 02:06:04 GMT, Rob wrote:

> On Fri, 08 Mar 2013 06:19:57 -0500, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
>
>> After swilling some grog, Rob belched this bit o' wisdom:

>>> Actually a LOT of his criticisms are valid.  There are some awesome
>>> open source projects that work well, are well supported, well designed,
>>> and really do what they are intended to do: postgresql, firefox,
>>> trolltech/ Qt, the gcc toolchain, etc.
>>>
>>> <anonymous propagandistic bullshit snipped>
>>
>> Stick with Windoze or Mac, boy.  And then you can troll their forums
>> with your "issues".
>
> Boy?
>
> CP/M, RT11, RSX, RSTS/E, OS/360...You're probably just a script kiddie
> who doesn't even know what whose are, and I'll wager I've been at it a
> helluvalot longer than you.  Hell I was probably cracking 110 baud dialup
> connections on a model 33 teletype years before the night your mama
> failed her pee test and wondered who the father was from the drunken
> gangbang.

Typical Linux nut....
FWIW I experienced CP/M and OS/360 and 370.... The others I never
heard of.

So what good is that buzzword knowledge doing you these days wRonG?

You mostly talk about Apple.

I left the IT corporate world many years ago because I saw the
writing on the wall, ie:working for the man, making millions for him
and nothing but a meager salary for myself.

I started my own business and have never regretted it.

But like I said, you seem to be obsessed with Apple and I truly doubt
you could describe how an interrupt under OS/360 or 370 works with
regards to a PSW..... Go ahead and Google for it.. I don't have to...
I still remember it.

I now return you to the Apple hate channel you so admire.

--
flatfish+++
PLEASE VISIT OUR HALL OF LINUX IDIOTS:
http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/
0
phlatphish (6976)
3/12/2013 2:15:35 AM
On 3/11/2013 8:06 PM, Rob wrote:
> On Fri, 08 Mar 2013 06:19:57 -0500, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
>
>> After swilling some grog, Rob belched this bit o' wisdom:

>>> Actually a LOT of his criticisms are valid.  There are some awesome
>>> open source projects that work well, are well supported, well designed,
>>> and really do what they are intended to do: postgresql, firefox,
>>> trolltech/ Qt, the gcc toolchain, etc.
>>>
>>> <anonymous propagandistic bullshit snipped>
>>
>> Stick with Windoze or Mac, boy.  And then you can troll their forums
>> with your "issues".
>
> Boy?
>
> CP/M, RT11, RSX, RSTS/E, OS/360...You're probably just a script kiddie
> who doesn't even know what whose are, and I'll wager I've been at it a
> helluvalot longer than you.  Hell I was probably cracking 110 baud dialup
> connections on a model 33 teletype years before the night your mama
> failed her pee test and wondered who the father was from the drunken
> gangbang.

LOL!!

When I was at the old IBMs, his mama was still wiping his nose.  Today
he wants to wipe pee-pees.

0
mist (19747)
3/12/2013 2:24:46 AM
On 3/11/2013 10:15 PM, flatfish+++ wrote:
> On 12 Mar 2013 02:06:04 GMT, Rob wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 08 Mar 2013 06:19:57 -0500, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
>>
>>> After swilling some grog, Rob belched this bit o' wisdom:

>>> Stick with Windoze or Mac, boy.  And then you can troll their forums
>>> with your "issues".
>>
>> Boy?
>>
>> CP/M, RT11, RSX, RSTS/E, OS/360...You're probably just a script kiddie
>> who doesn't even know what whose are, and I'll wager I've been at it a
>> helluvalot longer than you.  Hell I was probably cracking 110 baud dialup
>> connections on a model 33 teletype years before the night your mama
>> failed her pee test and wondered who the father was from the drunken
>> gangbang.
>
> Typical Linux nut....
> FWIW I experienced CP/M and OS/360 and 370.... The others I never
> heard of.
>
> So what good is that buzzword knowledge doing you these days wRonG?

You mistook Rob for wRonG.

0
nospam2091 (10001)
3/12/2013 3:16:23 AM
On Mon, 11 Mar 2013 23:16:23 -0400, DFS wrote:

> On 3/11/2013 10:15 PM, flatfish+++ wrote:

>>> Boy?
>>>
>>> CP/M, RT11, RSX, RSTS/E, OS/360...You're probably just a script kiddie
>>> who doesn't even know what whose are, and I'll wager I've been at it a
>>> helluvalot longer than you.  Hell I was probably cracking 110 baud dialup
>>> connections on a model 33 teletype years before the night your mama
>>> failed her pee test and wondered who the father was from the drunken
>>> gangbang.
>>
>> Typical Linux nut....
>> FWIW I experienced CP/M and OS/360 and 370.... The others I never
>> heard of.
>>
>> So what good is that buzzword knowledge doing you these days wRonG?
>

> You mistook Rob for wRonG.

That I did.... Apologies.... I really need to keep a score card with
these Linux loons...

My comments about describing an interrupt under OS/360 or 370 as far
as the PSW stand though....

Rob has no clue...

He will Google it.

I lived it.

--
flatfish+++
PLEASE VISIT OUR HALL OF LINUX IDIOTS:
http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/
0
phlatphish (6976)
3/12/2013 3:31:27 AM
Rob <noone@all.com> writes:

> On Fri, 08 Mar 2013 06:19:57 -0500, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
>
>> After swilling some grog, Rob belched this bit o' wisdom:

>>> Actually a LOT of his criticisms are valid.  There are some awesome
>>> open source projects that work well, are well supported, well designed,
>>> and really do what they are intended to do: postgresql, firefox,
>>> trolltech/ Qt, the gcc toolchain, etc.
>>>
>>> <anonymous propagandistic bullshit snipped>
>>
>> Stick with Windoze or Mac, boy.  And then you can troll their forums
>> with your "issues".
>
> Boy?
>
> CP/M, RT11, RSX, RSTS/E, OS/360...You're probably just a script kiddie
> who doesn't even know what whose are, and I'll wager I've been at it a
> helluvalot longer than you.  Hell I was probably cracking 110 baud dialup
> connections on a model 33 teletype years before the night your mama
> failed her pee test and wondered who the father was from the drunken
> gangbang.

Don't mention "pee" to Creepy.

--
A certain COLA "advocate" faking his user-agent in order to pretend to be a Linux
user: User-Agent: Outlook 5.5 (WinNT 5.0), User-Agent: slrn/0.9.8.0
(Linux), Message-ID: <wPGdnd3NnOM0ACfdRVn-hw@comcast.com>
0
hadronquark (21814)
3/12/2013 3:54:13 AM
You ( Rob│noone ) wrote: <<

  the vast majority of the bugs I find wouldn't exist if
  the projects did real regression testing before releasing...

  but hey, who wants to test when you've got
  the internet public to do it for you ?  >>

To my great shame, I recently released untested code to my testers.
Testing code is boring, but I MUST do it.

Mozilla Thunderbird and Microsoft Visual Studio have HUGE bugs
( well known, serious bugs ) that NO ONE CAN FIX.

I wrote my own email/Usenet client ( Jeff-Relf.Me/X.HTM ),
but I've yet to write my own C++/debugger⋅aware editor ! !
I shouldn't have to, you'd think, but I do; so, there it is... crap !
0
Jeff
3/12/2013 4:54:17 AM
After swilling some grog, Rob belched this bit o' wisdom:

> On Fri, 08 Mar 2013 06:19:57 -0500, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
>
>> Stick with Windoze or Mac, boy.  And then you can troll their forums
>> with your "issues".
>
> Boy?
>
> CP/M, RT11, RSX, RSTS/E, OS/360...
         ^     ^
         |      --- RSX-11, you mean

          --------- Used that one too.  Programmed it to run auditory
                    experiments.

> <drivel snipped>

You need to take Bill's advice, son.

--
Reinvent yourself!
   -- Bill Gates
On 3/12/2013 4:25 AM, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
> After swilling some grog, Rob belched this bit o' wisdom:
>
>> On Fri, 08 Mar 2013 06:19:57 -0500, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
>>
>>> Stick with Windoze or Mac, boy.  And then you can troll their forums
>>> with your "issues".
>>
>> Boy?
>>
>> CP/M, RT11, RSX, RSTS/E, OS/360...
>           ^     ^
>           |      --- RSX-11, you mean
>            --------- Used that one too.  Programmed it to run auditory
>                      experiments.
>
>> <drivel snipped>
>
> You need to take Bill's advice, son.

You need to know DECs OSes, boy.
RT-11 stands for Real Time os built by DEC.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RT-11

0
mist (19747)
3/12/2013 4:53:49 PM
Rob wrote:

> CP/M, RT11, RSX, RSTS/E, OS/360...You're probably just a script kiddie
> who doesn't even know what whose are, and I'll wager I've been at it a
> helluvalot longer than you.  Hell I was probably cracking 110 baud dialup
> connections on a model 33 teletype years before the night your mama

 through an acoustinc modem. I was doing remote deugging Oslo-Hamburg on a
setup like that. How things change :-)

0
bjornst (237)