Malware apps spoof Android Market to infect Android phones

http://macdailynews.com/2011/06/21/malware-apps-spoof-android-market-to-infect-android-phones/
"Google has come under fire in recent months for letting a few dozen nasty
apps into its Android market, bent on stealing data or siphoning money with
paid texts," Andy Greenberg reports for Forbes. "But one new exploitative
app doesn't need to be let in to Google's App store. It creates a fake
Market of its own."

On Wednesday 27 July 2011 20:30 Alexandrovitch Kudiroyaravtsevgovoi wrote:

> http://macdailynews.com/2011/06/21/malware-apps-spoof-android-market-to-
infect-android-phones/
> "Google has come under fire in recent months for letting a few dozen nasty
> apps into its Android market, bent on stealing data or siphoning money
> with paid texts," Andy Greenberg reports for Forbes. "But one new
> exploitative app doesn't need to be let in to Google's App store. It
> creates a fake Market of its own."

"MacDailyNews Take: Google’s ill-conceived, wannabe iOS rush-job strikes
again. Lesson: Get the real thing. Don’t settle for inferior, insecure
knockoffs."

- so it was a completely unbiased view? :-) :-)

0
bbgruff (6626)

250k+ linux android phones infected by 'Security App' from android market
BAWAWWAWWAWAAAAAA so many of these linux android phones are getting infected that even google is releasing anti virus and anti malware software for their insecure phone. BAWWWAWWAWWAAWAAAA!!!!!!!! http://socialbarrel.com/market-version-of-android-market-security-app-detected-to-have-malware/4899/ Market version of Android Market security app detected to have malware Experts from the antivirus company Symantec have found as alternate market version of Android Market Security Tool, which instead of performing anti-virus functions is loaded with malware for data theft from the owner of Android-Smartphones and Tablet PCs, said a statement by Symantec. Android Market Security Tool app was released by Google last week to repair the damage caused by hacker attacks on online application store Android Market. A modified version of the program, detected by Symantec, not only does not fulfill its primary purpose (removal of other malware from your Android system), but it also has dangerous functions. In particular, this new sample of malicious software can send personal information of smartphone owner to a remote server, as well as block incoming calls and messages from certain mobile numbers. According to unofficial information, more than 260 thousand Android smartphones and Tablet PCs were infected by this alternate 'security app' malware attack. Magnus laid this down on his screen : > BAWAWWAWWAWAAAAAA > > so many of these linux android p...

The Mother Of All Android Malware Has Arrived: Stolen Apps Released To The Market That Root Your Phone, Steal Your Data, And Open Backdoor
http://www.androidpolice.com/2011/03/01/the-mother-of-all-android-malware-has-arrived-stolen-apps-released-to-the-market-that-root-your-phone-steal-your-data-and-open-backdoor/ Openness - the very characteristic of Android that makes us love it - is a double-edged sword. Redditor lompolo has stumbled upon a perfect example of that fact; he's noticed that a publisher has taken "... 21 popular free apps from the market, injected root exploits into them and republished." The really scary part? "50k-200k downloads combined in 4 days." "Alexandrovitch Kudiroyaravtsevgovoi" <nospam.kudiroyaravtsevgovoi@nospammers.invalid> wrote in message news:201107132024.p6DKObR16311@smtp.cobalt.loc... > Openness - the very characteristic of Android that makes us love it - is a > double-edged sword. Redditor lompolo has stumbled upon a perfect example > of that fact; he's noticed that a publisher has taken "... 21 popular free > apps from the market, injected root exploits into them and republished." > The really scary part? "50k-200k downloads combined in 4 days." More proof that Linux is insecure by design. Android Linux - the OS that makes placing a phone call dangerous. Alexandrovitch Kudiroyaravtsevgovoi wrote: > http://www.androidpolice.com/2011/03/01/the-mother-of-all-android-malware-has-arrived-stolen-apps-released-to-the-market-that-root-your-phone-steal-your-data-and-open-backdoor/ > Open...

Rash of Android malware tips up, some on Android Market
http://www.electronista.com/articles/11/07/11/android.hit.by.droiddream.zitmo.hipposms.malware/ Android hit by DroidDream, Zitmo, HippoSMS malware The attack was significant as it was likely to have been published by the same author that had been caught uploading malware earlier. Why Google hadn't taken action to prevent a resubmit isn't clear, though *Google* has historically had a *consciously loose app screening policy* to provide more *liberties* to developers. "Alexandrovitch Kudiroyaravtsevgovoi" <nospam.kudiroyaravtsevgovoi@nospammers.invalid> wrote in message news:201107151919.p6FJJqR04484@smtp.cobalt.loc... > http://www.electronista.com/articles/11/07/11/android.hit.by.droiddream.zitmo.hipposms.malware/ > Android hit by DroidDream, Zitmo, HippoSMS malware > The attack was significant as it was likely to have been published by the > same author that had been caught uploading malware earlier. Why Google > hadn't taken action to prevent a resubmit isn't clear, though *Google* has > historically had a *consciously loose app screening policy* to provide > more *liberties* to developers. cell phone carriers should not allow those virus infected malware magnet Android linux phones on their networks. it should be ILLEGAL to make a cell phone with a linux android phone until they get the huge malware mess figured out. Android Linux - the OS that made making a phone call dangerous. ...

[News] Motorola Lowers Cost of Linux/Android Phone; fZiiLabs EGG Runs Linux/Android

Top 10 antivirus and anti-malware apps for Android (Android Authority)
<quote> Top 10 antivirus and anti-malware apps for Android September 16, 2013 Protection for Android devices has become a high priority over the last year or so. Malware and viruses are more rampant than ever and although being careful usually avoids the problem, sometimes people want more. A good antivirus or anti-malware app can not only bring peace of mind, but also protect your Android device from threats you may accidentally stumble upon. So in this list we'll show you the 10 best antivirus and anti-malware apps for Android. </quote> http://www.androidauthority.com/10-best-antivirus-apps-for-andro-269696/ You gotta protect the OS that the US Government calls a "malware magnet." -- "(Ezekiel) actually thought that "pagination" was just putting page numbers on documents" Another proven lie from the piece of shit liar turdv. Aug 26, 2013 <jjdn19tq3orocg2sjl5omovi3vp07723ig@4ax.com> On Tue, 17 Sep 2013 08:14:15 -0400, Ezekiel wrote: > <quote> > Top 10 antivirus and anti-malware apps for Android > September 16, 2013 > > Protection for Android devices has become a high priority over the last year > or so. Malware and viruses are more rampant than ever and although being > careful usually avoids the problem, sometimes people want more. A good > antivirus or anti-malware app can not only bring peace of mind, but also > protect you...

More than a third of Linux Android apps host malware
"MIAMI - More than *a third* of all Google Android applications contain some form of malware, according to tests conducted by BT. A security expert for the U.K. telecom service provider said it expects to test apps for other mobile operating systems and find similar results.' http://www.eetimes.com/electronics-news/4391305/More-than-a-third-of-Android-apps-host-malware Proof: Linux Android sucks by design, period! -- Fraud < http://www.angelfire.com/linux/dfs0/Fraud7.gif > 7: Does anyone *format RAM* ? Peter Kohlmann: Are you *a Snit* ? Fraud < http://www.angelfire.com/linux/dfs0/Fraud7.gif > 7: abuse complaints to: abuse@eternal-september.org Are you an internet troll *impersonating* Peter K�hlmann again? Peter Kohlmann: "Idiot" < lol > This is so funny, an "Idiot" calling another "Idiot": "Idiot" On Sat, 28 Jul 2012 17:58:05 +0200, Henk & Ingrid wrote: > "MIAMI - More than *a third* of all Google Android applications contain some > form of malware, according to tests conducted by BT. A security expert for > the U.K. telecom service provider said it expects to test apps for other > mobile operating systems and find similar results.' > > http://www.eetimes.com/electronics-news/4391305/More-than-a-third-of-Android-apps-host-malware > > Proof: Linux Android sucks by design, period! That is scary. Get ready for the L...

rooting a linux android phone by malware is TRIVIAL
those who lie for lienux can spare the 'it's an old version' bullshit. fact is that most people still run old versions of android because phone makers do not have firmware upgrades for these phones. http://blog.fortinet.com/levitator-root-on-your-android-phone/ Levitator: Root on your Android phone by Axelle Apvrille November 25, 2011 at 8:11 am A few days ago, Jon Larimer and Jon Oberheide published a vulnerability for Android platforms < 2.3.6. David Maciejak and I were curious to run it on an Android phone. Result: it runs perfectly :( ...

Security Alert: New Android Malware -- HippoSMS -- Found in Alternative Android Markets
http://esploit.blogspot.com/2011/07/new-android-malware-hipposms.html Security Alert: New Android Malware -- HippoSMS -- Found in Alternative Android Markets: "Our investigation shows that HippoSMS directly piggybacks the host app so that when the app is launched, it will immediately activate one service to send SMS messages to a hard-coded premium-rated number (1066******). After that, it registers one ContentObserver to monitor incoming SMS messages. Inside the ContentObserver, it will delete any SMS message if it starts with the number '10.' Note that the numbers such as 10086/10010 represent legitimate mobile phone service providers in China and are typically used to notify users about the services they are ordering and the information of users' current balance of their mobile phone accounts. As a result, we believe the removal of the related SMS messages is used to hide the additional charges caused from the malware." [Same old troll] [Same old dead horse] If folks used Open Source Software instead of this closed-source junk, they'd have a lot fewer problems (despite the fact that malware in Android apps is a **tiny** problem that is well under control). ...

[News] Android GNU/Linux Contest Winners; Android Market Looks Good

Android is not Linux; Android is insular.
http://arstechnica.com/open-source/reviews/2009/02/an-introduction-to-google-android-for-developers.ars > February 23, 2009 > Design philosophy > > Although Android is built on top of the Linux kernel, the platform has very little in common with the conventional desktop Linux stack. In fact, during a presentation at the Google IO conference, Google engineer Patrick Brady stated unambiguously that Android is not Linux. > Much of the Android userspace operates within the constraints of Dalvik, Google's own custom Java virtual machine. Dalvik uses its own bytecode format ca...

Another day, another major Android problem. Android Linux phones are now bricking themselves....
One week if you visit the wrong website with your Android phone it'll destroy your SIM card and wipe all the data off the phone. The next week they find a security hole the size of the pacific ocean (that's still not fixed) that lets any app get root access anytime it wants. Then there was a botnet of Android phones found a few days after that. Now Android phones are bricking themselves. It keeps getting better and better. <quote> Samsung is replacing faulty Galaxy S IIIs that are suddenly dying for no reason By Raymond Wong - Dec 21, 2012 Samsung is reportedly quietly replacing faulty Galaxy S III devices according to many users on XDA Developers. The issue appears to be related to the NAND becoming corrupted and killing off the Galaxy S III's mainboard, which causes the phone to essentially "brick" itself. </quote> http://news.yahoo.com/samsung-replacing-faulty-galaxy-iiis-suddenly-dying-no-191402501.html -- Android security at it's finest "IDG News Service - A variation of the recently disclosed attack that can wipe data from Samsung Android devices when visiting a malicious Web page can also be used to disable the SIM cards from many Android phones, researchers say." On Fri, 21 Dec 2012 15:10:09 -0500, Ezekiel wrote: > One week if you visit the wrong website with your Android phone it'll > destroy your SIM card and wipe all the data off the phone. &g...

[News] 60,000 Android/Linux Phones Sold Per Day (Android Alone)

Surge of rooting malware on the Linux-based Android OS
"At least 21 applications were found to have malware that rooted Android devices without the user's consent, sent IMEI and IMSI numbers, product IDs, model, partner, language, country and user IDs. Most worrying of all was the ability for the rogue applications to download code and run it." http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/2030169/android-security-question-malware-surge Well that didn't take long... According to cola lusers, Android == Linux. Therefore Linux == insecure by design. DFS wrote: > "At least 21 applications were found...

Android Trojan records phone calls, CA security team finds more advanced Android malware
http://findgreatstuffs.blogspot.com/2011/08/security-nightmare-and-android.html Security nightmare: A new Android Trojan is capable of recording phone conversations, according to a CA security researcher. "Alexandrovitch Kudiroyaravtsevgovoi" <nospam.kudiroyaravtsevgovoi@nospammers.invalid> writes: > http://findgreatstuffs.blogspot.com/2011/08/security-nightmare-and-android.html > > Security nightmare: A new Android Trojan is capable of recording phone > conversations, according to a CA security researcher. > > What happened to the "many eyes" and "security by design" as spouted by useless wankers like WronG and Ahlstrom? Where are their "many eyes" and contributions and "timely fixes"? -- Emacs outshines all other editing software in approximately the same way that the noonday sun does the stars. It is not just bigger and brighter; it simply makes everything else vanish - Neal Stephenson Alexandrovitch Kudiroyaravtsevgovoi wrote: > http://findgreatstuffs.blogspot.com/2011/08/security-nightmare-and- android.html > > Security nightmare: A new Android Trojan is capable of recording phone > conversations, according to a CA security researcher. Looks like you have forgotten you are anti-Android troll paid for by Appil/Micoshaft axle of evil. Android market is cleaned of problem apps within 5 minutes of a report. And android handsets connecting would have those malware apps that...

[News] Analyst Dumps Apple for Linux/Android, NPR Sets Its Android App Free/Libre

Another 120,000 Linux Android users infected with malware
How is this possible - unless Linux is insecure by design? http://www.cio.com.au/article/388858/google_clearing_up_more_android_malware/ Google clearing up more Android malware Another round of malware-packed apps on the Android Market is raising questions about Google's approach to security. Keir Thomas 03 June, 2011 06:59 Google has had to remove yet more malware-infected apps offered in its Android Market. As spotted by the Lookout Security Team, 50 applications were infected by a variation of the DroidDream malware that hit in March. Lookout is referring to the new malware as DroidDreamLight and says up to 120,000 Android users might have been affected. "Android Security" <secure@nospam.com> writes: > How is this possible - unless Linux is insecure by design? > > http://www.cio.com.au/article/388858/google_clearing_up_more_android_malware/ > > Google clearing up more Android malware > Another round of malware-packed apps on the Android Market is raising > questions about Google's approach to security. > Keir Thomas 03 June, 2011 06:59 > > Google has had to remove yet more malware-infected apps offered in its > Android Market. As spotted by the Lookout Security Team, 50 applications > were infected by a variation of the DroidDream malware that hit in March. > Lookout is referring to the new malware as DroidDreamLight and says up to > 120,000 Android users might have been affected. hey!...

[News] Linux (Android) Phones Are Going to Rule the Mobile Market

Another 620,000+ Android phones are infected with new costly malware
<quote> New Android malware took control of 620,000 phones in China to spam costly texts, collect personal data A new piece of Android malware dubbed "Bill Shocker" has been discovered in China, after infecting some 620,000 users in the country. The threat is capable of SMS spamming from the infected device, offering remote control for the malware authors, collecting personal information, and even upgrading itself to newer versions with more functionality. Once you install an infected app, Bill Shocker is downloaded to your device in the background. The malware authors can optionally take remote control of your device, including the contact list, Internet connections, dialing, and texting functions. </quote> http://thenextweb.com/google/2013/01/31/new-android-malware-took-control-of-620000-phones-in-china-to-spam-costly-texts-collect-personal-information/ -- "Windows makes you stupid" is neither pejorative nor hyperbole, it's a demonstrable fact. 4 Jan 2013 Message-ID: <bvgir9-7qo.ln1@sky.matrix> Ezekiel wrote: > <quote> > New Android malware took control of 620,000 phones in China to spam costly > texts, collect personal data > > A new piece of Android malware dubbed "Bill Shocker" has been discovered > in China, after infecting some 620,000 users in the country. The threat is > capable of SMS spamming from the infected device, offering remote ...

Google Removes 26 Apps with DroidDream Light Malware from Android Market
http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Security/Google-Removes-26-Apps-With-DroidDream-Light-Malware-from-Android-Market-662791/ The DroidDream gang is back on the Android Market, this time with a stripped-down version of the malware. Google has removed the 26 apps identified so far. On Thu, 14 Jul 2011 15:52:28 +0200, Alexandrovitch Kudiroyaravtsevgovoi wrote: > http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Security/Google-Removes-26-Apps-With-DroidDream-Light-Malware-from-Android-Market-662791/ > The DroidDream gang is back on the Android Market, this time with a > stripped-down version of the malware. Google has removed the 26 apps > identified so far. Kind of like closing the barn door after the chickens have already escaped. -- 7/14/2011 10:29:05 AM Gary Stewart Please visit our hall of Linux idiots. http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/ Watching Linux Fail: http://limuxwatch.blogspot.com/ Come laugh at Linux "advocacy" with us! http://www.youtube.com/social/blog/techrights-org Linux's dismal desktop market share: http://royal.pingdom.com/2011/05/12/the-top-20-strongholds-for-desktop-linux/ Desktop Linux: The Dream Is Dead "By the time Microsoft released the Windows 7 beta in January 2009, Linux had clearly lost its chance at desktop glory." http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/207999/desktop_linux_the_dream_is_dead.html Desktop Linux on Life Support: http://www.techradar.com/news/software/operating-systems/is-linux-on-the-desktop-dead--961508...

Web resources about - Malware apps spoof Android Market to infect Android phones - comp.os.linux.advocacy

Malware - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Malware is defined by its malicious intent, acting against the requirements of the computer user, and does not include software that causes unintentional ...

Malware - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In law , malware is sometimes known as a computer contaminant , as in the legal codes of several U.S. states. Malware is often disguised as, ...

Malware - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
and other malicious programs; the majority of active malware threats are usually worms or trojans rather than viruses. In law , malware is sometimes ...

Malwarebytes : Free anti-malware, anti-virus and spyware removal download
Malwarebytes products have a proven record of protecting computers by completely removing all forms of malware, including viruses, Trojans, spyware, ...

Malware - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Malware , short for malicious software , is software designed to disrupt computer operation, gather sensitive information, or gain unauthorized ...

Malware Removal Instructions
... is a fake antivirus program (scareware) that attempts to extort money from less computer savvy users. It's a very well documented malware family, ...

Malware Intelligence Blog. A division of MalwareIntelligence
The term " hierarchy " refers to an entity pyramidal action . Judging by the name of this new Exploit Pack of Russian origin, it seems that the ...

WARNING: Facebook Offer For $100 McDonald’s Gift Card Leads To Malware
... would most certainly not approve: Facebook posts offering free $100 gift cards to McDonald’s lead not to hamburgers and fries, but to malware ...

Making malware cleanup easier
You'll find a recommendation to install software to detect and clean up malware in almost any security guide. Although a single product isn't ...

Facebook roundup: homepage ads, Android update, measurement challenge, malware checkpoints and more
... with the highest potential. Facebook will consider providing funding, access to data assets and collaboration on pilot studies. New malware ...