Microsoft: 'Kin not a Microsoft phone'

I guess they once again found a few idiots that want to build the
phones AND take the risk if they flop.

I don't understand them being utterly blind to the fact that Microsoft
always wins with this model: if the phone is a hit THEY benefit, but if
it flops they'll just shrug and'll say: 'better luck next time.' But
the manufacturer takes the HIT and is left with thousands if not
millions of phones they'll have to sell at a loss.

After Zune flopped Microsoft couldn't find anyone that wanted to build
the phones and sell them under their own brand name. Instead Microsoft
had to turn to OEM manufacturers to churn out the Zunes for them.
However, if Zune flops it's MICROSOFT who will be bleeding, not the
OEM's. Needless to say, it now looks like Zune will be going the way of
the dodo since M$ lost tens of millions selling them.

I'd have thought that the same thing would happen to the 'Pink' (gay)
phone, but I guess the idiots still willing to make them will need one
more costly flop to convince them this is a bad rap for them.

4/16/2010 1:40:43 AM
comp.os.linux.advocacy 123585 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow