Microsoft: 'Kin not a Microsoft phone'

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=5876&tag=wrapper;col1

I guess they once again found a few idiots that want to build the
phones AND take the risk if they flop.

I don't understand them being utterly blind to the fact that Microsoft
always wins with this model: if the phone is a hit THEY benefit, but if
it flops they'll just shrug and'll say: 'better luck next time.' But
the manufacturer takes the HIT and is left with thousands if not
millions of phones they'll have to sell at a loss.

After Zune flopped Microsoft couldn't find anyone that wanted to build
the phones and sell them under their own brand name. Instead Microsoft
had to turn to OEM manufacturers to churn out the Zunes for them.
However, if Zune flops it's MICROSOFT who will be bleeding, not the
OEM's. Needless to say, it now looks like Zune will be going the way of
the dodo since M$ lost tens of millions selling them.

I'd have thought that the same thing would happen to the 'Pink' (gay)
phone, but I guess the idiots still willing to make them will need one
more costly flop to convince them this is a bad rap for them.

0
Reply Non 4/16/2010 1:40:43 AM

See related articles to this posting
comp.os.linux.advocacy 117255 articles. 8 followers. Post

Microsoft: 'Kin not a Microsoft phone'
http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=5876&tag=wrapper;col1 I guess they once again found a few idiots that want to build the phones AND take the risk if they flop. I don't understand them being utterly blind to the fact that Microsoft always wins with this model: if the phone is a hit THEY benefit, but if it flops they'll just shrug and'll say: 'better luck next time.' But the manufacturer takes the HIT and is left with thousands if not millions of phones they'll have to sell at a loss. After Zune flopped Microsoft couldn't find anyone that wan...

[News] [Rival] Kill Kin: Why Microsoft's 'New' Phones Are Dead on Arrival

[News] Samsung Sells Linux (Ballnux) Phones at Almost 100 Times The Pace of Microsoft "KIN", Makes Linux TVs

[News] Microsoft's Patent Sellout LG Produces Microsoft-taxed Android Phones

[News] Microsoft's Patent Sellouts in Korea Sell Ballnux Devices and Phones (Taxed by Microsoft)

[News] Microsoft's Phone Gets Terrible Reviews and Allegedly Sells Just 500 Units (Microsoft Not Denying Yet)

Microsoft Kin v2?
http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/36366/wp7-launch-a-damp-squib "Pocket-lint arrived at 7am to see the doors open and the queues of people pour in. A queue of two people, in fact. The first of which, Andrew Willett, queued from 5.45am. If you turned up at the Apple Store at 5.45am the day the iPhone 4 went live, you wouldn't have even made it on to Regent Street. You would have been around the corner on Hanover Street. The shop was packed. But it was packed with press and PR peeps. Maybe the excitement levels will rise later in the day when Johnny Vaughan and Lisa Snowd...

Microsoft kills Kin
Some of the trolls were telling me I was completely off base for suggesting that the drop of the price of a Kin to zero was perhaps evidence that it wasn't selling well... <http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/30/microsoft-kin-is-dead/> -- "The iPhone doesn't have a speaker phone" -- "I checked very carefully" -- "I checked Apple's web pages" -- Edwin on the iPhone "It is Mac OS X, not BSD.' -- 'From Mac OS to BSD Unix." -- "It's BSD Unix with Apple's APIs and GUI on top of it' -- 'nothing but BSD...

New Microsoft Phone
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=581&ncid=581&e=1&u=/nm/20030915/tc_nm/telecoms_orange_motorola_microsoft_dc In article <0Un9b.668$K3.5718@newsfeed.avtel.net>, "John" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote: > http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=581&ncid=581&e=1&u=/nm/2003091 > 5/tc_nm/telecoms_orange_motorola_microsoft_dc > > Does it have a Blue Screen? Does it support ALL MS viruses and worms? Can you actually complete a call between crashes? -- Enough <enough@idontcare.com> John wrote: > http...

Microsoft launches My Phone ..
Feb 2009 .. Microsoft is readying a new cloud service called My Phone that enables users of Windows Mobile 6 or later to sync contacts, calendar appointments, photos, and other information with the My Phone web site http://www.daniweb.com/blogs/entry3945.html July 2008 .. MobileMe automatically sends new email, contacts, and calendar events to your Mac, PC, iPhone and iPod touch using a secure online server or �cloud� http://www.apple.com/mobileme/guidedtour/ You have my sympathy. Maybe it will re-enter soon. ...