Microsoft: 'Kin not a Microsoft phone'

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=5876&tag=wrapper;col1

I guess they once again found a few idiots that want to build the
phones AND take the risk if they flop.

I don't understand them being utterly blind to the fact that Microsoft
always wins with this model: if the phone is a hit THEY benefit, but if
it flops they'll just shrug and'll say: 'better luck next time.' But
the manufacturer takes the HIT and is left with thousands if not
millions of phones they'll have to sell at a loss.

After Zune flopped Microsoft couldn't find anyone that wanted to build
the phones and sell them under their own brand name. Instead Microsoft
had to turn to OEM manufacturers to churn out the Zunes for them.
However, if Zune flops it's MICROSOFT who will be bleeding, not the
OEM's. Needless to say, it now looks like Zune will be going the way of
the dodo since M$ lost tens of millions selling them.

I'd have thought that the same thing would happen to the 'Pink' (gay)
phone, but I guess the idiots still willing to make them will need one
more costly flop to convince them this is a bad rap for them.

0
Reply Non 4/16/2010 1:40:43 AM

See related articles to this posting

comp.os.linux.advocacy 118853 articles. 13 followers. Post

Microsoft: 'Kin not a Microsoft phone'
http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=5876&tag=wrapper;col1 I guess they once again found a few idiots that want to build the phones AND take the risk if they flop. I don't understand them being utterly blind to the fact that Microsoft always wins with this model: if the phone is a hit THEY benefit, but if it flops they'll just shrug and'll say: 'better luck next time.' But the manufacturer takes the HIT and is left with thousands if not millions of phones they'll have to sell at a loss. After Zune flopped Microsoft couldn't find anyone that wan...

Microsoft protects me against ... Microsoft
<David de Leeuw <...@medic.bgu.ac.il>> Tue, 17 Jul 2007 08:07:19 +0200 After the latest monthly automatic updates for Windows XP, I got the following message on my screen: Data Execution Prevention: Microsoft Windows To help protect you computer, Windows has closed this program. Name: Windows Explorer Publisher: Microsoft Corporation Data Execution Prevention helps protect against damage from viruses and other security threats. What should I do? ----------------- Here is the screen picture: http://fohs.b...

microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress,microsoft.public.exchange2000.applications,microsoft.public.exchange2000.admin,microsoft.public.exchange.clients
I'm using Ms "outlook" as client programm, "Ms Exchange 2000 + Ex2kSP3 on Windows 2000 + SP4" mail server connectivity "outlook-Exchange" Earlier Used the same method with out any service pack installed to Exchange. Now formatted the system and reinstalled with the configurations mentioned above. Also using trend micro Scanmail program. Only difference from earlier configuration is Ex2kSP3 and also introduced "Relay Restrictions" to unauthenticated client. Previously there was no any complains about winmail.dat or any such. ...

[News] [Rival] Microsoft Seniors Leave Microsoft, Then Join Microsoft Rivals
Former Softie getting the old band back together? ,----[ Quote ] | Fitzgerald resigned from Microsoft in January 2008 and neither Microsoft nor | Fitzgerald himself would comment on where he was going. | | [...] | | Wonder if any other former Softies will resurface at Pi/EMC, going | head-to-head with Microsoft…. `---- http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=1332 Recent: Microsoft's Vista Blogger Quits As Redmond Exodus Builds ,----[ Quote ] | Earlier this year, Microsoft Business Division president Jeff Raikes said he | would retire in September, to be replaced by former Juniper ...

[News] [Rival] Microsoft Poster Child Dumps Microsoft (Microsoft is Doomed)

New RELEASE: Microsoft Microsoft Simulator
An action packed game which immerses you into the fun size world of Microsoft. Glenn Fry from the New York Times states: -------------------------------------------- "The Microsoft Microsoft simulator will have you throwing your toys around within NANO-SECONDs " Peter Gabriel from the Boston Herald proclaims: ------------------------------------------------ "I never understood Microsoft, but now with the Microsoft Microsoft simulator, I've taken over my neighbors house and even his wife!!!" And Steve Lukather from the Washington Post elates: -----...