Microsoft: 'Kin not a Microsoft phone'

http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=5876&tag=wrapper;col1

I guess they once again found a few idiots that want to build the
phones AND take the risk if they flop.

I don't understand them being utterly blind to the fact that Microsoft
always wins with this model: if the phone is a hit THEY benefit, but if
it flops they'll just shrug and'll say: 'better luck next time.' But
the manufacturer takes the HIT and is left with thousands if not
millions of phones they'll have to sell at a loss.

After Zune flopped Microsoft couldn't find anyone that wanted to build
the phones and sell them under their own brand name. Instead Microsoft
had to turn to OEM manufacturers to churn out the Zunes for them.
However, if Zune flops it's MICROSOFT who will be bleeding, not the
OEM's. Needless to say, it now looks like Zune will be going the way of
the dodo since M$ lost tens of millions selling them.

I'd have thought that the same thing would happen to the 'Pink' (gay)
phone, but I guess the idiots still willing to make them will need one
more costly flop to convince them this is a bad rap for them.

0
Non
4/16/2010 1:40:43 AM
comp.os.linux.advocacy 120925 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

[News] [Rival] Microsoft CEO Lies About Windows Vista

[News] Microsoft Launches "Get the Facts" Attack on Red Hat Linux Virtualisation

Microsoft to increase revenues by 40%-60%
Perhaps even more since this will absolutely revolutionize advertising. http://www.rajuabju.com/warezirc/blue_screen.htm - "Tom Gordon, Director of Marketing for Anheuser-Busch, confirmed today that the beverage giant will be among the first advertisers, "We think it's a tremendous opportunity," said Gordon. "Picture this, you're working late at night on a crucial project. Your computer crashes. You've lost all your important work. It's definitely time for a beer, and we'll be there to remind you that the beer should be a beechwood-aged Budweiser...

MICROSOFT SYNC
http://www.syncmyride.com/#/home/ No maccies - Apple doesn't have that. But maybe in the far distant future.............................. In article <TcGsk.13869$bx1.8328@bignews1.bellsouth.net>, "Mocassin Joe" <jmocasanto@comcast.net> wrote: > http://www.syncmyride.com/#/home/ > > No Mac users, Apple doesn't have that. But maybe in the far distant > future. I bet you would synch a "ride" with Ballmer. "Chance Furlong" <t-bone@megakatcity.com> wrote in message news:t-bone-7CF295.18064525082008@unlimited.newshos...

If Microsoft had Invented ...

[News] Microsoft's Clown Continues to Drain Taxpayers' Money
Six-month losses widen at iSoft ,----[ Quote ] | ISoft, the medical software firm being investigated for alleged | accounting irregularities, has seen its sales fall over the past six | ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ | months. `---- http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6167969.stm Context: Microsoft in the NHS ,----[ Quote ] | Microsoft is one of the key technology firms in the �6.2 billion NHS | IT programme. It is working particularly closely with iSOFT ... `---- ^^^^^ http://www.e-health-insider.com/comment_and_analysis/index.cfm?ID=69 No...

[News] [Rival] Microsoft Investor Says Microsoft's Strategy Not Working

Anyone familar with the Microsoft Outlook Connector from Microsoft?
I have a problem, ever since requesting a new certificate, I can't use my connector anymore? Is there something I can do to remedy that? The Admins swear nothing has changed on the Notes Server to limit access of any kind to the system, so any help would be appreciated.... Thanks Paul ...

[News] Microsoft Acknowledges Problems with Its Headsets
This is a long ongoing issue... Microsoft Finally Addressing Headset Woes ,----[ Quote ] | I spoke to the accessories team regarding the feedback from some members | who have experienced issues while using the Xbox 360 Wireless Headset, | including difficulty syncing the headset to the console, reception | interference and audio sensitivity. `---- http://www.2old2play.com/News/Microsoft__Finally_Addressing_Headset_Woes Just something to keep in mind next time a complaint about the Wii or PS3 is raised. The Xbox has many creases, which its manufacturer hopes to just sweep under the carpet. ...

Has the shine come off of Microsoft?
Has the shine come off of Microsoft? Whether you agree with this article or not, it is still a good read. http://abcnews.go.com/Business/print?id=508399 Neil Rieck Kitchener/Waterloo/Cambridge, Ontario, Canada. http://www3.sympatico.ca/n.rieck/links/cool_openvms.html Neil Rieck wrote: > Has the shine come off of Microsoft? > http://abcnews.go.com/Business/print?id=508399 I concur almost entirely. What is not sure is whether Microsoft is dying of old age, or just seing its overblown monopoly reduced to more sustainable levels. Neil Rieck wrote: > > Has the shine come off of...

Microsoft Origami: Disappointing Product
http://news.com.com/2061-11199_3-6047156.html?part=rss&tag=6047156&subj=news ,----[ Quote ] | "Hoping for one portable machine that could handle video, audio, photos, | word processing, games and Web access, many technophiles were disappointed | with what we saw. And if Microsoft is working toward a device like this, | it's taking baby steps to get there." `---- ...

[News] [Rival] Google Steps on Microsoft's Turf, Microsoft Still Longing for Yahoo?

[News] [Rival] Microsoft extends it's Patent Protection Racket ... with Olympus
Microsoft Signs Another Patent Deal Amid Calls for Remedies ..---- | A group of stories show that Microsoft still exploits a broken | system, as does Acacia (possible proxy) `---- http://boycottnovell.com/2007/10/17/patent-olympus-maskin-acacia/ They just don't give up, do they? What's wrong with just making good products, selling them, and letting customers decide whether or not they like it, rather than this lock-in policy of reselling other companies' software, then enforcing customer "loyalty" with draconian measures like proprietary formats and patents? -- K...

Microsoft
I knew Microsoft made you crazy. http://media.ebaumsworld.com/microsoftdance.mpg yours S soup wrote: > I knew Microsoft made you crazy. > http://media.ebaumsworld.com/microsoftdance.mpg Is he running for president too? -- Your Free Insult: Thou tattooing, astricting, pupillary clotpole sallying gudgeon. Fearing a spontaneous XP reboot, soup mumbled this incantation: > I knew Microsoft made you crazy. > http://media.ebaumsworld.com/microsoftdance.mpg We haven't heard much from old Steve Blammer lately. Sounds like his mouthpiece, the flaming jerk Darl McBride, is do...

[News] Microsoft Patch Introduces Serious Security Flaw
IE patch carries security bug ,----[ Quote ] | There's more trouble with Microsoft's latest Internet Explorer patch: | It introduces a serious new security flaw on some Windows systems. | | The vulnerability could let miscreants hijack a Windows PC running IE 6 | with Service Pack 1 and the MS06-042 update installed, Microsoft said in | a security advisory published on Tuesday. `---- http://news.zdnet.com/2100-1009_22-6108490.html No wonder the population of PC's is being 'zombified' at such enormous rates < http://news.zdnet.com/2100-1009_22-6108409.html >. In c...

Mobile Phone Management In Linux : Wammu
At first try Wammu hung when I plugged in my USB cable for my mobile phone (K750i). I rebooted and it ... worked. No more freezing. And it works and works well : recommended. It's not as good as FMA which I used on XP years ago but it's a damn site better than some other rubbish that litters the OSS corridors. Hadron wrote: > At first try[*SLAP*] (snip remaining Quack B.S.) -- Regards, [tv] ....Ultimate office automation: networked coffee machines. Owner/Proprietor, Cheesus Crust Pizza Company Good to the last supper ...

[News] Microsoft's BSA Puppet Fights for Software Patents in EU

FA (last day!): ORIGINAL Microsoft Sidewinder Game Pad, Perfect Cond. (DB15)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8117849781 ...

[News] [Rival] Microsoft Insecurity Costs Users -- Not Microsoft -- Billions

Panasonic Door Phone
I'm planning to buy a Panasonic KXTEA308E telephone system for home use (I work from home). I also intend to buy a KX-T30865e door phone. The Panasonic proprietary part looks too modern (my building is old) so I intend to take out the PCB and re-house it in a sympathetic oak box. I'm going to run four wires to the box: two for the phone connection and two for the bell push, which will operate a standalone door bell in the conventional way. (I don't need the phone extensions to ring when someone pushes the button.) Is the above feasible? I wondered if anyone had tried something si...

Microsoft Excel replace routine
How do I find a certain pattern of characters...(such as ,12.3,) and replace it with another pattern of characters...(such as ;12.3;). In this example, I want to preserve the data "12.3" but change the delimeter "," to ";". HOW? Sam Grant ...

IBM Creates 'Microsoft-Free' Desktop
From The Wall Street Journal: http://tinyurl.com/6dqbla Cuss and discuss. IBM Creates 'Microsoft-Free' Desktop Applications for Thin Clients Would Operate From Back-Office Server By WILLIAM M. BULKELEY DECEMBER 4, 2008 International Business Machines Corp. is hoping to convince corporate customers that they no longer need Microsoft Corp. IBM says it has created a "Microsoft-free" virtual desktop, a complete suite of applications that run on a backroom server and don't require Microsoft software or costly desktop hardware. The software package, available immediat...

[News] Students Love GNU/Linux, Microsoft Teaches with FreeBSD
Attracting Students to C# With FreeBSD ,----[ Quote ] | Giga Information Group analyst Rob Enderle says Microsoft is trying to | win the hearts and minds of computer science college students who are | currently enamored of Linux and open source. | | Giga's Enderle maintains Microsoft chose FreeBSD because it's "viewed | as being neutral, whereas Linux is viewed as being a competing | platform." `---- http://redmondmag.com/news/article.asp?EditorialsID=2004 On 2006-09-11, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com> wrote: >| Giga Information Group analyst Rob End...

[News] Novell Collapse Carries on After Microsoft Deal

Calif. Cities, Counties Sue Microsoft
http://www.forbes.com/technology/enterprisetech/feeds/ap/2004/08/28/ap1522272.html Associated Press Calif. Cities, Counties Sue Microsoft 08.28.2004, 05:55 AM Several California cities and counties have sued Microsoft Corp., accusing the software giant of illegally charging inflated prices for its products because of monopoly control of the personal computer operating systems market. ...