New Linux OS Developed in Nokia

0
newsgroups3 (79677)

On 30/09/2011 06:13, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Nokia preps Linux-based Meltemi OS for feature phones, says report

> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Nokia is developing a new Linux-based "Meltemi" operating systems to replace
> | Symbian on its feature phones, according to the Wall Street Journal.
> | Meanwhile, more details have emerged on the Linux Foundation's MeeGo-derived
> | Tizen project, which also gained a bit of industry support beyond co-sponsors
> | Intel and Samsung.
> `----

They dropped Maemo for Meego, Meego for Windows 'Phoney, and are now
starting another?  It would be nice if it saw the light of day but
although Nokia appear to be enthusiastic about using Linux for their
mobile 'phones, they don't seem to have much success in bringing a
completed product to the market.
0
wspirit (1031)
9/30/2011 12:17:51 PM

0
newsgroups3 (79677)
9/30/2011 3:40:03 PM
On 30/09/2011 16:40, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

>> They dropped Maemo for Meego, Meego for Windows 'Phoney, and are now
>> starting another?  It would be nice if it saw the light of day but
>> although Nokia appear to be enthusiastic about using Linux for their
>> mobile 'phones, they don't seem to have much success in bringing a
>> completed product to the market.

> And don't forget Symbian before that.

Most of my 'phones have been Symbian, but that was in the days when
Symbian was the most advanced OS.  They wouldn't have had the problems
they are now facing had they dropped Symbian when they should have.

So far, Maemo has been released on three tablets and one 'phone, and
Meego on one 'phone that doesn't seem to have worldwide distribution -
if it is even to be released.  They should formulate a long-term plan
and stick to it.
0
wspirit (1031)
9/30/2011 3:44:24 PM

0
newsgroups3 (79677)
9/30/2011 9:29:42 PM
On Fri, 30 Sep 2011 22:29:42 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> ____/ White Spirit on Friday 30 Sep 2011 16:44 : \____

>>> And don't forget Symbian before that.
>>
>> Most of my 'phones have been Symbian, but that was in the days when
>> Symbian was the most advanced OS.  They wouldn't have had the problems
>> they are now facing had they dropped Symbian when they should have.
>>
>> So far, Maemo has been released on three tablets and one 'phone, and
>> Meego on one 'phone that doesn't seem to have worldwide distribution -
>> if it is even to be released.  They should formulate a long-term plan
>> and stick to it.
>
> Android gives a hard time to Ubuntu and MeeGo.

Not that it makes a lot of difference, but MeeGo has also been released on
at least one netbook.

--
RonB
Registered Linux User #498581

0
newsgroups3 (79677)
10/1/2011 3:30:38 AM
Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Nokia preps Linux-based Meltemi OS for feature phones, says report
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Nokia is developing a new Linux-based "Meltemi" operating systems to
> | replace Symbian on its feature phones, according to the Wall Street
> | Journal. Meanwhile, more details have emerged on the Linux Foundation's
> | MeeGo-derived Tizen project, which also gained a bit of industry support
> | beyond co-sponsors Intel and Samsung.
> `----
>
> http://www.linuxfordevices.com/c/a/News/Toshiba-Thrive-7/?kc=rss

Sounds like Melt me OS will melt micoshaft rather than melt Mokia.

The power of Linux and open source shines through all this subterfuge.

As Mokia is findng out, all are still welcome to the house of Linux.
When proprietary fails, there is always Linux and open source
to fall back on and rescue Nokia from Mokia.

Will the micoshaft elop mole attack the Meltme OS developers taking
hold in Mokia?

It would be good to have a secret blog that described every
day management crap being handed out by the elop troll.

0
newsgroups3 (79677)

[News] New Set-top Box Runs Linux, "Linux will Be the Major OS [in This Area]"
Device Profile: SysMaster M10 set-top box ,----[ Quote ] | SysMaster used embedded Linux to build a set-top box with a dizzying array | of audio, video, networking, communications, and data capabilities. The | Tornado M10 Digital Media Center runs Linux 2.6.19, and targets phone and | IP network operators wishing to offer a wide range of services. | | [....] | | Yosifov predicts a bright future for Linux in the embedded device market. | "We believe Linux will be the major OS used in embedded system development | because of its small footprint, reliability, power, and available sof...

[News] 3 New Linux Audiocasts: Linux Basement, Linux Outlaws, Gentoo Developer

[News] 6 New Releases of BSD and GNU/Linux: NetBSD, Skolelinux, paldo, PC/OS, Scientific Linux Fermi...

[News] New OPhone OS Based on Linux; Nokia's Vision of MeeGo Phones

2008 new year of new computer -os-linux-
skfj hkwjfb kmsdnf cg http://www.freewebs.com/thuiss/ http://indianfriendfinder.com/go/g924418-pmem ...

No Problem'o, DooFuS. I can blame it all on the Linux Mint TEXT size being = too small on my 19 inch monitor. As Moi was saying... I tried two more additional downloads of elementary OS Linux. Both of them= likewise failed. While they could have been discriminating against Moi for his ZERO contribu= tion, I will be damned if I am going to PAY GOOD money for something when t= here is no guarantee that the stupid DOWNLOAD wont fail, JUST TO FIND OUT t= hat it WONT work at all on my computer hardware, let alone whether OR NOT i= t will actually do what is being claimed. Moi has NEVER experienced a download problem with Linux Mint. From what I have seen, elementary OS Linux is a scam, much like those Windo= ws come ons that claim that they can fix your computer problems merely by m= ucking with the Windows Registry. The Linux World should disown elementary OS Linux for being the Scam that i= t is. Or, can any phony distro claim to be Linux? Yeah, where are the Linu= x police? On 7/8/2015 8:22 AM, John Gohde wrote: > No Problem'o, DooFuS. I can blame it all on the Linux Mint TEXT size > being too small on my 19 inch monitor. I blame it on your small cerebrum. > The Linux World should disown elementary OS Linux for being the Scam > that it is. Or, can any phony distro claim to be Linux? Yeah, where > are the Linux police? The Linux police are outside your door right now. I'm not kidding. Look out...

os.linux.development.apps
hEy, Please Visit http://www.familypk.com Familypk About Articles, Tutorials, Learning, Block checkers, Myspace, Twist, Daily news updates, Entertainment, Horoscopes, Movies, Stories, Kids, Woman, Kitchen, Islamic names, Hair style, Fashion, Home decoration, Songs, PTCL, Games, etc..... Please Visit http://www.enttwist.com Enttwist About Articles, Tutorials, Cheat Codes, Hacking News, Games Setup, Greeting Cards, E-Cards, Telephone Directry, Web Directry, Learning, Block checkers, Myspace, Twist, Daily news updates, Entertainment, Horoscopes, Movies, ...

[News] [Linux] Linux Has Advantage in the Mobile OS World
How Linux morphed from a server to a mobile OS ,----[ Quote ] | When evaluating Linux as a possible OS candidate, it is important to | remember that the Linux "model" for mobile devices is horizontal. That | is, Linux is not presented as a vertically integrated top to bottom | solution for a mobile device supplied by one vendor. | | It's a sharp contrast to the other OS suppliers such as Microsoft | with Windows Mobile, Symbian and PalmSource. These suppliers | support a highly integrated software stack, incorporating not | only an OS but also extensive middleware and application layer | pieces. Arguably the price for such integration is lack of | flexibility and loss of control. `---- http://www.wirelessnetdesignline.com/howto/broadband/199600344;jsessionid=N1IAB5VKZRD0QQSNDLRCKH0CJUNN2JVN http://tinyurl.com/2c3z7z Microsoft taps mobiles for developing world ,----[ Quote ] | Microsoft is facing fierce competition from Linux, however, most | notably the One Laptop per Child project to ship low cost | notebooks to schools in developing nations. | | Linux vendor Red Hat unveiled a Global Desktop last week | targeting computers at small and medium sized businesses as | well as governments in third world nations. `---- http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/news/2189936/microsoft-taps-mobile-tech Related: 70 percent of smartphones use Symbian ,----[ Quote ] | At 3GSM it became clear that 70 percent of all smartphones use Symbian. | | Linux accounts for 16.9 perc...

[News] [Linux] New Versions of Engarde Secure Linux, Core Linux, OpenTLE (Thai Linux)
EnGarde Secure Linux 3.0.14 Released ,----[ Quote ] | A fully functional secure Linux platform distribution, this release | features a vastly improved intrusion detection Attack Monitor. `---- http://www.linuxlookup.com/2007/may/04/engarde_secure_linux_3_0_14_released Core GNU/Linux 2.0 Released! ,----[ Quote ] | Core contains nothing beyond what is required to perform these tasks. | Core is primarily designed for experienced Linux users, though it has | found an audience with those looking to learn about the internals | and operation of a Linux system. `---- http://www.coredistro.org/news-20070501 http://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=linuxtle ...

[News] [Linux] New and Extensive Linux Introduction/Advocacy Page
Introduction to Linux ,----[ Quote ] | The very first thing that must be understood about Linux is that | is it open-source software. Think about the open nature of a | chocolate chip cookie recipe and how all the people who use ita | re legally allowed to modify and redistribute the recipe if they | wish, provided they're given permission to do so from the author... `---- http://www.davestechsupport.com/ubuntufaq.html It's quite a good Web page, so it's worth mentioning. Verily I say unto thee, that Roy Schestowitz spake thusly: > http://www.davestechsupport.com/ubuntufaq.html > > It's quite a good Web page, so it's worth mentioning. I love the photo of the Trojan (Bad)Bunny being pushed towards the (Linux) fortress! That page is indeed a pretty slick bit of Linux promotion. -- K. http://slated.org ,---- | <This sig left intentionally blank> `---- Fedora Core release 5 (Bordeaux) on sky, running kernel 2.6.20-1.2312.fc5 00:07:59 up 41 days, 21:40, 3 users, load average: 0.01, 0.11, 0.08 "[H]omer" <spam@uce.gov> writes: > Verily I say unto thee, that Roy Schestowitz spake thusly: > >> http://www.davestechsupport.com/ubuntufaq.html >> >> It's quite a good Web page, so it's worth mentioning. > > I love the photo of the Trojan (Bad)Bunny being pushed towards the > (Linux) fortress! > > That page is indeed a pretty slick bit of Linux promotion. I particularly enjoy...

[News] [Linux] More Speculations About a Google OS Based on GNU/Linux
Google admits that it is going after Microsoft Office... Is Windows next? ,----[ Quote ] | So that brings us to the obvious question: What about the operating | system? There have been rumors for years about a Google PC and/or | Google OS that was based on Linux and aimed at providing a simple, | intuitive desktop for the masses. Naturally, that Google PC would | primarily be an Internet terminal that features Google's online | applications. `---- http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/hiner/?p=465 Still getting slapped for spyware (Dell) and news aggregators... Google stands firm behind N...

I have Linux! I have Linux!

My Linux is not your Linux

Why linux is linux

Web resources about - New Linux OS Developed in Nokia - comp.os.linux.advocacy

Least developed country - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Least developed country ( LDC ) is the name given to a country which, according to the United Nations , exhibits the lowest indicators of socioeconomic ...

Developed country - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A developed country can be defined through economic growth and security. Most commonly the criteria for evaluating the degree of development ...

Koloid - hand developed photography on the App Store on iTunes
Get Koloid - hand developed photography on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

All sizes - Buzzword Bingo: Crowdsourcing = Content developed by a group of people - Flickr - Photo Sharing ...

New Method Developed to Detect Ebola Virus - WCS - YouTube
http://www.wcs.org A group of international scientists led by the Wildlife Conservation Society (WCS) have developed a new method to study Ebola ...

Cruel Intentions is being developed into an NBC show with Sarah Michelle Gellar
Nearly two decades after the original, NBC is reprising Cruel Intentions as a television series.

High visibility clothing for females developed by Queensland woman
While they might be getting good salaries, women in the mining industry haven't had good options when it comes to their work uniforms.

Australia lagging behind rest of the developed world on early-childhood education
All over the developed world, a revolution has occurred in the way childcare services are viewed: from mere child minding&nbsp;to vital early-childhood ...

Australia ranked worst-performing developed nation on climate performance
Australia is the worst-performing developed nation when it comes to climate-change action, a survey by European non-government organisations ...

Cocaine users identified with new test developed by UK university
&#8203;A new fingerprint test has been developed that can detect cocaine use.