Old: Microsoft's PR "Spooks"/"Spies"/"Owners"/"Buddies"

Microsoft Critics Assigned PR "Spooks"

,----[ Quote ]
| San Jose Mercury technology reporter Dan Gilmore recently discovered he's
| been assigned a special "owner" at one of Microsoft's public relations firms,
| Waggener-Edstrom. These spin-masters are attached to troublesome journalists
| like Gilmore who have the temerity to write uncomplimentary articles about
| the company or its products.
|
| The really irksome reporters, according to documents spirited from the
| Waggener-Edstrom offices, are also assigned "buddies" at Microsoft itself.
| John Dodge, the editor of PC Week, has a special buddy at Microsoft, and Mary
| Jo Foley at Smart Reseller, is the subject of a "Mary Jo six month plan.''
|
| These "owners" and "buddies" are just there to "help" the journalists, of
| course. How dare we think otherwise?
`----

http://www.vcnet.com/bms/departments/dirtytricks.shtml

Related:

,----[ Quote ]
| "It also was strange to see just how many resources are aligned
| against me when I write a story about Microsoft."
`----

http://blog.wired.com/business/2007/03/enough_about_me.html

Tim Bray: Life Is Complicated

,----[ Quote ]
| Those with long memories might suggest a parallel between Rick’s position and
| mine when in 1997, I was sitting on the XML Working Group and co-editing the
| spec, on a pro bono basis as an indie consultant. Netscape hired me to
| represent their interests, and when I announced this, controversy ensued.
| Which is a nice way of saying that Microsoft went berserk; tried
| unsuccessfully to get me fired as co-editor, and then launched a vicious,
| deeply personal extended attack in which they tried to destroy my career and
| took lethal action against a small struggling company because my wife worked
| there. It was a sideshow of a sideshow of the great campaign to bury Netscape
| and I’m sure the executives have forgotten; but I haven’t.
`----

http://www.tbray.org/ongoing/When/200x/2007/01/24/Mixup

Q&A: Former Mass. CIO feels 'bittersweet pride' after battles with Microsoft,
legislature

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9012760&source=rss_news50

,----[ Quote ]
| Quinn:  Almost to a person, to anybody involved or who knows about
| the ODF issue, they attributed the story to Microsoft, right, wrong
| or otherwise. Senator Pacheco may be a bully but I do not believe he
| is disingenious and would stoop to such a tactic. Senator Pacheco and
| Secretary Galvin's office remain very heavily influenced by the
| Microsoft money and its lobbyist machine, as witnessed by their
| playbook and words, in my opinion.
`----

newsgroups3 (79677)

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Microsoft Critics Assigned PR "Spooks"

Well that explains Timmy's stalking behaviour. He's been "assigned" to
you. I wonder how he'd feel if we "assigned" someone to him? Actually,
I don't think it'd be worth the effort. It'd make very dull reading.

--
K.
http://slated.org

..----
|     ~ Cory Doctorow, The Guardian.  http://tinyurl.com/22bgx8
`----

 18:30:32 up 86 days, 16:06,  4 users,  load average: 0.09, 0.08, 0.08
0
spam95 (5695)
3/16/2008 6:30:46 PM
On Sun, 16 Mar 2008 18:30:46 +0000, [H]omer wrote:

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Microsoft Critics Assigned PR "Spooks"
>
> Well that explains Timmy's stalking behaviour. He's been "assigned" to
> you. I wonder how he'd feel if we "assigned" someone to him? Actually,
> I don't think it'd be worth the effort. It'd make very dull reading.

You idiots keep claiming Tim is stalking you.
Where is your proof of this claim?

In fact where is proof for a lot of your claims?

--
Moshe Goldfarb
Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/2008/01/moshe-goldfarb-troll.html
http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/2007/01/flatfish-troll.html
0
s_h_it (33)
3/16/2008 10:30:03 PM
____/ [H]omer on Sunday 16 March 2008 18:30 : \____

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Microsoft Critics Assigned PR "Spooks"
>
> Well that explains Timmy's stalking behaviour. He's been "assigned" to
> you. I wonder how he'd feel if we "assigned" someone to him? Actually,
> I don't think it'd be worth the effort. It'd make very dull reading.

He (or she) carefully reads every single word I write in my sites. They try to
find dirt.

I'll post more about this shortly (ignore arbitrary other agents that bark
words like "looney" or "tinfoil", which is the classic old technique even
Slashdot regulars complain about).

--
                ~~ Best of wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Viruses to Linux are like cancer to a shark
 03:05:02 up 52 days, 12:59,  4 users,  load average: 1.99, 1.87, 1.59
newsgroups3 (79677)
3/17/2008 3:10:36 AM
In article <5745873.CEg3HyG3vW@schestowitz.com>,
 Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com> wrote:
> He (or she) carefully reads every single word I write in my sites. They try to
> find dirt.
>
> I'll post more about this shortly (ignore arbitrary other agents that bark
> words like "looney" or "tinfoil", which is the classic old technique even
> Slashdot regulars complain about).

Let me get this straight.  You spam links to your site all over the
place.  But people aren't suppose to actually go and read your site?

You seem rather unclear on the purpose of having a blog.  You seem to
have confused it with a diary.

--
--Tim Smith
0
Tim Smith <reply_in_group@mouse-potato.com> writes:

> In article <5745873.CEg3HyG3vW@schestowitz.com>,
>  Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com> wrote:
>> He (or she) carefully reads every single word I write in my sites. They try to
>> find dirt.
>>
>> I'll post more about this shortly (ignore arbitrary other agents that bark
>> words like "looney" or "tinfoil", which is the classic old technique even
>> Slashdot regulars complain about).
>
> Let me get this straight.  You spam links to your site all over the
> place.  But people aren't suppose to actually go and read your site?

Which surprise me when you think that he was using it to plant trojans
on other peoples machines.

> You seem rather unclear on the purpose of having a blog.  You seem to
> have confused it with a diary.

Roy expects to speak. Discussion is not an option.

He is quite mad.
0
hadronquark2 (7213)
3/17/2008 4:29:12 AM
Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com> espoused:
> ____/ [H]omer on Sunday 16 March 2008 18:30 : \____
>
>> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>
>>> Microsoft Critics Assigned PR "Spooks"
>>
>> Well that explains Timmy's stalking behaviour. He's been "assigned" to
>> you. I wonder how he'd feel if we "assigned" someone to him? Actually,
>> I don't think it'd be worth the effort. It'd make very dull reading.
>
> He (or she) carefully reads every single word I write in my sites. They try to
> find dirt.
>
> I'll post more about this shortly (ignore arbitrary other agents that bark
> words like "looney" or "tinfoil", which is the classic old technique even
> Slashdot regulars complain about).

It is very odd behaviour, it it not?  I hope that Timmy's paid enough to
make it worthwhile.  I wonder how he sleeps at night?

mark.kent (15323)
3/17/2008 9:28:38 AM
On Mon, 17 Mar 2008 09:28:38 +0000, Mark Kent wrote:

> Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com> espoused:
>> ____/ [H]omer on Sunday 16 March 2008 18:30 : \____

>>> Well that explains Timmy's stalking behaviour. He's been "assigned" to
>>> you. I wonder how he'd feel if we "assigned" someone to him? Actually,
>>> I don't think it'd be worth the effort. It'd make very dull reading.
>>
>> He (or she) carefully reads every single word I write in my sites. They try to
>> find dirt.
>>
>> I'll post more about this shortly (ignore arbitrary other agents that bark
>> words like "looney" or "tinfoil", which is the classic old technique even
>> Slashdot regulars complain about).
>>

> It is very odd behaviour, it it not?  I hope that Timmy's paid enough to
> make it worthwhile.  I wonder how he sleeps at night?

That's interesting condiering you are a Microsoft Partner Mark Kent.
How do YOU sleep at night, hypocrite.

"At BT Global, our crown jewels are the services we supply to our
customers. With jNetX we own the intellectual property for our services,
allowing us to evolve the services as and when required."

Mark Kent
Head of Technology Strategy

http://www.jnetx.com/index.php?id=products

https://solutionfinder.microsoft.com/SDK/Solutions/SolutionDetailsView.aspx?solutionid=9bf1884cf9354bbeb110ba73b82dbdb4

http://download.microsoft.com/download/1/2/b/12bedb1a-0b15-4fe9-be7b-275fb83964d4/Jnetx_Sandbox_Demo.pptx

--
Moshe Goldfarb
Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/
0
brick.n.straw (6130)
3/17/2008 3:09:43 PM
On Sun, 16 Mar 2008 20:36:01 -0700, Tim Smith wrote:

> In article <5745873.CEg3HyG3vW@schestowitz.com>,
>  Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com> wrote:
>> He (or she) carefully reads every single word I write in my sites. They try to
>> find dirt.
>>
>> I'll post more about this shortly (ignore arbitrary other agents that bark
>> words like "looney" or "tinfoil", which is the classic old technique even
>> Slashdot regulars complain about).
>
> Let me get this straight.  You spam links to your site all over the
> place.  But people aren't suppose to actually go and read your site?
>
> You seem rather unclear on the purpose of having a blog.  You seem to
> have confused it with a diary.

Roy Schestowitz is also unclear as to what the purpose of digg.com is.

Discussion Roy, it's about discussion.

It's NOT about SPAMMING your crap flood there every day and then claiming
you no longer have the time to comment on articles.

That in and of itself shows exactly what you are up to Roy Schestowitz.