moment ago in comp.os.linux.advocacy:

> Dear Friend,
>
> I have found some great articles at:

<URLs snipped>
> Read them all.
>
> Thanks

Not without a summary, I ain't.
--
Spanking brand new high end desktop computer: £1700
Spanking brand new colour laser printer/scanner/copier/fax: £600
Vista Ultimate: £369
The look on your face when nothing works: priceless
0
james199 (2531)
6/19/2007 10:48:30 AM
Verily I say unto thee, that Jim spake thusly:
>  mahmar07@gmail.com came up with this when s/he headbutted the keyboard a
> moment ago in comp.os.linux.advocacy:
>
>> Dear Friend,
>>
>> I have found some great articles at:
>>
> <URLs snipped>
>> Read them all.
>>
>> Thanks
>
> Not without a summary, I ain't.

It's worse than that, it's spam Jim, spam Jim, spam Jim.

http://slated.org

..----
| "People are not happy in stinking hellholes of abject poverty, what
| is true is that once you cross subsistence ... additional increases
| in wealth have virtually no effect on well-being ... This is worth
| knowing in case you have a choice between "X" and making more
| money, almost certainly "X" is what you should choose."
|   - Barry Schwartz
`----

Fedora release 7 (Moonshine) on sky, running kernel 2.6.21-1.3194.fc7
 02:03:12 up 14 days, 13:48,  5 users,  load average: 1.55, 1.72, 1.85
0
spam95 (5695)

the new computer -os-linux+advocacy in 2008
gwedfw edhklsc jfdh fefgh n http://www.freewebs.com/thuiss/ http://indianfriendfinder.com/go/g924418-pmem ...

No Problem'o, DooFuS. I can blame it all on the Linux Mint TEXT size being = too small on my 19 inch monitor. As Moi was saying... I tried two more additional downloads of elementary OS Linux. Both of them= likewise failed. While they could have been discriminating against Moi for his ZERO contribu= tion, I will be damned if I am going to PAY GOOD money for something when t= here is no guarantee that the stupid DOWNLOAD wont fail, JUST TO FIND OUT t= hat it WONT work at all on my computer hardware, let alone whether OR NOT i= t will actually do what is being claimed. Moi has NEVER experienced a download problem with Linux Mint. From what I have seen, elementary OS Linux is a scam, much like those Windo= ws come ons that claim that they can fix your computer problems merely by m= ucking with the Windows Registry. The Linux World should disown elementary OS Linux for being the Scam that i= t is. Or, can any phony distro claim to be Linux? Yeah, where are the Linu= x police? On 7/8/2015 8:22 AM, John Gohde wrote: > No Problem'o, DooFuS. I can blame it all on the Linux Mint TEXT size > being too small on my 19 inch monitor. I blame it on your small cerebrum. > The Linux World should disown elementary OS Linux for being the Scam > that it is. Or, can any phony distro claim to be Linux? Yeah, where > are the Linux police? The Linux police are outside your door right now. I'm not kidding. Look out...

[News] Tips for Linux Advocacy (from Linux-hostile Site)

ROX Linux and ROX on OS X and arm linux
Hi I've just just done some searches on Google for ROX linux, and ROX on other platforms. I've not managed to find anything. Is ROX available for OS X? Is ROX available for Acorn\Iyonix Arm linux? Did ROX Linux ever come to anything? I was a member of the mailing list a while ago, it started off interesting and then seemed to go off on a tangent then it all went quiet. It seemed like an excellent idea, a linux distro structured like RISC OS. It would have been an ideal compliment to a RISC OS system, same UI but different set of applications (probably not quite so consistent as we are used to though). It could also have been a life boat if RISC OS were ever to grind to a halt. Presumably some sorts of common apps (python perhaps) would have been possible and if RISCOSE or similar were to be developed too, the possibilities would be even greater. Do others consider it would have been desirable? -- Jess Iyonix contact http://jess.itworkshop-nexus.net Hotmail is my spam trap - don't email valid - mailto:nospam@jess.itworkshop-nexus.net In message <729a59544e.jess@itworkshop.invalid> Jess <phantasm_39@hotmail.com> wrote: > Hi > > I've just just done some searches on Google for ROX linux, and ROX on > other platforms. > These starting points might help. http://www.google.co.uk/search?sourceid=navclient&q=ROX filer desktop http://rox.sourceforge.net/phpwiki/ http://rox.sourceforg...

[News] [Linux] Linux Has Advantage in the Mobile OS World
How Linux morphed from a server to a mobile OS ,----[ Quote ] | When evaluating Linux as a possible OS candidate, it is important to | remember that the Linux "model" for mobile devices is horizontal. That | is, Linux is not presented as a vertically integrated top to bottom | solution for a mobile device supplied by one vendor. | | It's a sharp contrast to the other OS suppliers such as Microsoft | with Windows Mobile, Symbian and PalmSource. These suppliers | support a highly integrated software stack, incorporating not | only an OS but also extensive middleware and application layer | pieces. Arguably the price for such integration is lack of | flexibility and loss of control. `---- http://www.wirelessnetdesignline.com/howto/broadband/199600344;jsessionid=N1IAB5VKZRD0QQSNDLRCKH0CJUNN2JVN http://tinyurl.com/2c3z7z Microsoft taps mobiles for developing world ,----[ Quote ] | Microsoft is facing fierce competition from Linux, however, most | notably the One Laptop per Child project to ship low cost | notebooks to schools in developing nations. | | Linux vendor Red Hat unveiled a Global Desktop last week | targeting computers at small and medium sized businesses as | well as governments in third world nations. `---- http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/news/2189936/microsoft-taps-mobile-tech Related: 70 percent of smartphones use Symbian ,----[ Quote ] | At 3GSM it became clear that 70 percent of all smartphones use Symbian. | | Linux accounts for 16.9 perc...

I have Linux! I have Linux!

linux os
Hi all, is anyone actually running Radius server? Is it difficult to set it up? T ...

Which Linux OS
We would like to do some initial investigation of Oracle on Linux? Is there is a Free / low cost version of Linux that I can use for my eval, or must I purchase the Redhat Enterprise AS? Thanx, Gerald S. wrote: > We would like to do some initial investigation of Oracle on Linux? > > Is there is a Free / low cost version of Linux that I can use for my eval, > or must I purchase the Redhat Enterprise AS? > > Thanx, > > I've found Debian works well for testing, esp. considering that it's for testing, and not production (no support). Bricklen wrote: > Gerald S. wrote: > >> We would like to do some initial investigation of Oracle on Linux? >> >> Is there is a Free / low cost version of Linux that I can use for my >> eval, >> or must I purchase the Redhat Enterprise AS? >> >> Thanx, >> >> > I've found Debian works well for testing, esp. considering that it's for > testing, and not production (no support). Bricklen, if you've got any tips for installing onto Debian, I'd love to hear them. (Actually, I'd quite like a CD set of Debian, too, while you're at it!!). Best Regards HJR On Tue, 11 May 2004 16:23:44 +0000, Gerald S. banged his/her head on the keyboard and created this message for all mankind/womankind: > We would like to do some initial investigation of Oracle on Linux? > > Is there is a Free / low cost version of Linux that...

My Linux is not your Linux

How-To...Linux Advocacy...
This is a new How-To WRT Linux advocacy. 1. Never admit Linux's faults. Learn to LIE for LIEnux. If you can't come up with a good lie, then ignore the post and don't refute it. 2. Blame the user. 3. Blame hardware. Ignore replies where the person claims the same hardware works fine with Windows. 4. Blame Microsoft. Everyone hates Microsoft so this is usually a good tactic. 5. Pull the distribution dance. If the person has problems with Mandriva (and who hasn't?) suggest Ubuntu etc.... You have 500+ different excuses so you can really run the table with this one. Keep the opponent guessing! 6. Deny, deny, deny... NEVER admit Linux has a problem...Never.... Argue tooth and nail until the Linux cabal and Calvary shows up to circle the wagons around you. 7. If you can't deny, deny, deny then just ignore the thread and let it stand as is... This works well when you have lying, so called LIEnux advocates who are obviously lying... This way the opposition can't accuse you of siding with known liars. There are 10k more..... Feel free to add... -- flatfish+++ Please visit our hall of Linux idiots. http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/ Watching Linux Fail: http://limuxwatch.blogspot.com/ Linux's dismal desktop market share: http://royal.pingdom.com/2011/05/12/the-top-20-strongholds-for-desktop-linux/ Desktop Linux: The Dream Is Dead "By the time Microsoft released the Windows 7 beta in January 2009, Linux had clearly lost its chance at de...

Linux Brochure Project (LBP)--Linux Advocacy & Publicity
Your organization may be interested in the Linux Brochure Project hosted on SourceForge. This project was developed because the Victoria Linux User Group (VLUG) wanted to produce their brochure using open source tools rather than proprietary ones. We registered it at SourceForge so that any Linux LUG and other advocacy groups could use the software to produce their own brochure. This project has been written up by LWN (http://lwn.net/Articles/51938/). See below for project details. Barbara Irwin Publicity Coordinator, VLUG ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ The Linux Brochure Project (LBP) is GPLed data and software which is used to document key Linux information in a standard-size brochure (two sides of a single letter-sized or A4 sheet of paper that is Z-folded into the six mini-pages of the brochure). Four key features of this project make it an excellent advocacy and publicity tool for LUGS and Linux organizations: 1) the project data and software are GPLed; 2) all software tools used to build the LBP brochures are open source; 3) the brochure can be customized to fit individual requirements of LUGs and other Linux organizations; and 4) the software produces an attractive brochure. Currently there are two versions of the brochure -- a "Linus" version, which features famous quotes from Linus and a VLUG version, which has been adopted as the Victoria Linux Users Group official brochure...

[News] [Linux] More Speculations About a Google OS Based on GNU/Linux
Google admits that it is going after Microsoft Office... Is Windows next? ,----[ Quote ] | So that brings us to the obvious question: What about the operating | system? There have been rumors for years about a Google PC and/or | Google OS that was based on Linux and aimed at providing a simple, | intuitive desktop for the masses. Naturally, that Google PC would | primarily be an Internet terminal that features Google's online | applications. `---- http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/hiner/?p=465 Still getting slapped for spyware (Dell) and news aggregators... Google stands firm behind News search site ,----[ Quote ] | All along, Google has defended News saying that it is protected by | the fair use principle -- because it only reproduces headlines, text | snippets and thumbnail images -- and that it provides great benefit | to media Web sites by sending them readers. `---- http://www.computerworld.com.au/index.php/id;535941450;fp;;fpid;;pf;1 ...

Where is the Linux Advocacy?
Reading this group it should have been named "linux suicide group." or "Depressed Linux users" or maybe "Windows Advocacy?" It is like every group becomes camping site for the adversaries of the groups subjects. Well I for one have Linux Ubuntu 11.04 and it kicks some serious ass on both Windows and Mac. The Unity GUI is surpassing the other two. It can self-repair and it can be made to change GUI in the upstart or from the shut down menu. When more instances of a program is open in the dock, then the dock will mark how many and when you press the button all instances will spread out on the desktop, where You can choose. A speciality is the "Windows install" option where Ubuntu is installed as a program in Windows. It integrates a disc image of the Linux system, embedded in the NTFS Windows-file system and can be removed in the "Programs" uninstall option. It will take about 3 seconds. Then another distro can be ready for install. By installing virtual Clonedrive in Windows You don't even need to burn an install disk. You just mount the iso file and install from the Windows desktop. Can Windows and OS X do that???NO!!! Jens On May 7, 11:48=A0pm, Lyrik <jenserikb...@gmail.com> wrote: > Reading this group it should have been named "linux suicide group." or > "Depressed Linux users" or maybe "Windows Advocacy?" > It is like every group becomes camping site for the adversaries ...

Why linux is linux

Palm OS (Renamed "Garnet OS") and a Linux Future
IT Sstandrads Hijack Threatens European Economix Competitiveness ,----[ Quote ] | To stop Europe being rail-roaded into an inadequate standard, the | ODF Alliance urges national supporters who have issues to raise | contradictions of ECMA's standard with existing standards to | encourage their national ISO representatives to raise formal | contradictions as quickly as possible, certainly | before 5th February 2007. `---- http://sourcewire.com/releases/rel_dis ...

[News] [Linux] Man Chooses Linux Over Mac OS X, Windows
Which OS for Ruby on Rails development? ,----[ Quote ] | I've had experience using Linux servers (no GUIs), so I figured I | could always drop back to the command line if something broke and | I've had to once or twice during installations. But overall I have | been pleasantly surprised at how civil an experience it has been. `---- http://falkayn.blogspot.com/2007/05/which-os-for-ruby-on-rails-development.html ...

[News] A Look at Element OS and Introduction to Peppermint OS (GNU/Linux)

COLA is full of fanatic Linux Zealots. Look Elsewhere for Linux Advocacy.
I tried a little experiment and that was to post to COLA making certain to agree with the usual morons like Schestowitz, [Homer], Terry Porter and so forth. I was very careful to make certain that I did not set them off by posting controversial information. IOW I became a COLA "Stepford wife" for a week or so. It was extremely difficult to accomplish because the list of so called Linux "advocates", at least that is what they call themselves, is small in number but high on their own special form of bullshit. Then *ON PURPOSE* , that part is important for those who like to...

[News] Linux Workshop Planned in Cambridge, VxWorks OS Lags Behind Linux

[News] Linux 2.6.32 in Review, "Linux is Not an OS"

[News] New Releases of GNU/Linux: Salix OS, KahelOS, Berry Linux

[News] Hadrons Running on GNU/Linux, "Linux is our OS of choice"