<snip>

0
Clogwog
1/4/2011 9:26:17 PM
comp.os.linux.advocacy 120660 articles. 14 followers. Post Follow

On Jan 4, 11:26=C2=A0pm, "Clogwog" <clog...@anon.eu> wrote:
> http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2011/jan/04/gerry-rafferty-dies-aged-63
> Great musician!
> RIP Gerry, You will be=EF=BB=BF missed!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DW=
kS169P_Eeo
> --
> <snip>

You just dated yourself.  Not the kind of Saturday night lonely date
either.

Did Gerry play with the other Gerry of the Grateful Dead?

RL
0
RayLopez99
1/5/2011 12:34:44 AM
On Tue, 4 Jan 2011 22:26:17 +0100, Clogwog wrote:

> http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2011/jan/04/gerry-rafferty-dies-aged-63
> Great musician!
> RIP Gerry, You will be missed!
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkS169P_Eeo

Too bad :(
He was also in Stealer'S Wheel I believe.
0
Juan
1/5/2011 2:29:11 AM
"Juan" <skibum8822@yahoo.com> schreef in bericht
> On Tue, 4 Jan 2011 22:26:17 +0100, Clogwog wrote:
>
>> http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2011/jan/04/gerry-rafferty-dies-aged-63
>> Great musician!
>> RIP Gerry, You will be missed!
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkS169P_Eeo
>
> Too bad :(
> He was also in Stealer'S Wheel I believe.

Yes, "Stuck in the Middle With You" was their famous hit and it was the
soundtrack for "Reservoir Dogs", a movie by Quentin Tarantino.
I liked his "City to city" solo album very much and I still do.

0
Clogwog
1/5/2011 3:03:54 PM
"RayLopez99" <raylopez88@gmail.com> schreef in bericht
On Jan 4, 11:26 pm, "Clogwog" <clog...@anon.eu> wrote:
> http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2011/jan/04/gerry-rafferty-dies-aged-63
> Great musician!
> RIP Gerry, You will be missed!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkS169P_Eeo
> --
> <snip>
>
> You just dated yourself.

So?, I'm 62, do you mind?

> Not the kind of Saturday night lonely date either.
> Did Gerry play with the other Gerry of the Grateful Dead?

Jerry Garcia, you mean, a lead guitar player!
Grateful Dead was a good band, I guess, but it's not my genre!
My younger brother was a big fan.
Maybe the two G(J)erry's played together once, I don't know.
It happens quite often when good musicians meet, something extraordinary is
going to happen!
See:
Tribute to Freddie Mercury
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7S3vpVDqQgQ
Traveling Wilbury's
http://www.travelingwilburys.com/
Prince's Trust Rock Gala's
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mg3mmv4EWV0

> RL

0
Clogwog
1/5/2011 3:39:33 PM
On Jan 5, 5:39=C2=A0pm, "Clogwog" <clog...@anon.eu> wrote:
> "RayLopez99" <raylope...@gmail.com> schreef in berichtnews:791381b4-8601-=
4018-847e-d0f518fc2836@f30g2000yqa.googlegroups.com...
> On Jan 4, 11:26 pm, "Clogwog" <clog...@anon.eu> wrote:
>
> >http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2011/jan/04/gerry-rafferty-dies-aged-63
> > Great musician!
> > RIP Gerry, You will be=EF=BB=BF missed!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=
=3DWkS169P_Eeo
> > --
> > <snip>
>
> > You just dated yourself.
>
> So?, I'm 62, do you mind?

 No, not at all.  Hope you live to 100.

I've heard his song "stuck in the middle" now that somebody mentioned
it.  Good tune.

You don't use Linux do you?  You can't hear decent music--or any
music--with that Orb codec baloney.

RL

0
RayLopez99
1/5/2011 9:51:34 PM
On Jan 5, 5:39 pm, "Clogwog" <clog...@anon.eu> wrote:
> "RayLopez99" <raylope...@gmail.com> schreef in
> berichtnews:791381b4-8601-4018-847e-d0f518fc2836@f30g2000yqa.googlegroups.com...
> On Jan 4, 11:26 pm, "Clogwog" <clog...@anon.eu> wrote:
>
> >http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2011/jan/04/gerry-rafferty-dies-aged-63
> > Great musician!
> > RIP Gerry, You will be
> > missed!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkS169P_Eeo
> > --
> > <snip>
>
> > You just dated yourself.
>
> So?, I'm 62, do you mind?
>
>  No, not at all.  Hope you live to 100.

<muffled laughter />

> I've heard his song "stuck in the middle" now that somebody mentioned
> it.  Good tune.
>
> You don't use Linux do you?  You can't hear decent music--or any
> music--with that Orb codec baloney.

I use the ubuntu 10.04 crash_O-matic sometimes, but decent music performance
is still crap.
It might take at least 5 new versions of Ubuntu to fix that, if ever!

> RL

0
Clogwog

OT: Time for some light humor
Too many bad feelings here folks time to lighten up https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/406954_4280482563446_2099852542_n.jpg -- https://www.createspace.com/3707686 On 11/19/2012 2:44 PM, philo wrote: > Too many bad feelings here folks time to lighten up > > > https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/406954_4280482563446_2099852542_n.jpg > > > > > Please, you are asking too much of the inmates in the Linux and Microsoft wards in this asylum. :) On 11/19/12 12:44 PM, in article k8e27j$32r$2@dont-email.me, "philo�"...

Re: OT: RE: [HP3000-L] Observation #2
Glenn Paden wrote: > > Terrorism is a strategy and because of that war cannot be declared on it and > it cannot be defeated. Terrorism is not a person, group of people nor a > country. Action can be taken against the use of terrorism and the people and > groups that use it however those actions must include much > more than the military force. > Again, this pains me to tell you that your sentiments are very close to President Bush's. Two months ago I quoted the President from http://www.cnn.com/2001/US/09/20/gen.bush.transcript/: "We will direct ...

CentOS Linux
It's right there on the homepage of the project - <quote> Open Letter to Lance Davis July 30, 2009 04:39 UTC This is an Open Letter to Lance Davis from fellow CentOS Developers It is regrettable that we are forced to send this letter but we are left with no other options. For some time now we have been attempting to resolve these problems: You seem to have crawled into a hole ... and this is not acceptable. You have long promised a statement of CentOS project funds; to this date this has not appeared. You hold sole control of the centos.org domain with no deputy; this is not...

[9fans] sed question (OT)
Sorry, not really the place for such questions but... I always struggle with sed, awk is easy but sed makes my head hurt. I am trying to capitalise the first tow words on each line (I could use awk as well but I have to use sed so it seems churlish to start another process). capitalising the first word on the line is easy enough: h s/^(.).*/\1/ y/abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz/ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ/ x s/^.(.*)/\1/ x G s/\n// Though there maye be a much easier/more elegant way to do this, but for the 2nd word it gets much harder. What I really want is sam's ab...

[OT] The Microsoftmobile
What if Microsoft designed cars? http://tinyurl.com/lpxeb In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com> wrote on Mon, 18 Sep 2006 17:15:01 +0100 <1617343.2eDJPJ2XUP@schestowitz.com>: > What if Microsoft designed cars? > > http://tinyurl.com/lpxeb That looks a bit like a Trabant (which is slightly appropriate at least for the Win9x variants), though perhaps a better example might be http://sunmanford.net/arrival_photo/1974redpinto.html ? :-) (If one wants one in slightly better condition: http://www.conceptcarz.com/vehicle/z9698/default.as...

OT: SCOUG
This is a little off topic. Does anyone know what's going on witn SCOUG's website? It's been down for the ast couple of days. On Thu, 25 Dec 2008 01:51:06 UTC, Peter_Flass@Yahoo.com wrote: -> This is a little off topic. Does anyone know what's going on witn -> SCOUG's website? It's been down for the ast couple of days. The person hosting the server is in the process of moving to a new place and had to take the server offline. I was told the server was being moved to someone else to host and should be back in a few days. Mark -- From th...

OT: Request for a favor 3
Yesterday I wrote regarding the problem that some people were having with= =20 the Firefox browser playing the presentation that I had put together: > I know where the problem is: telling the player where to jump in the MP= 3 file=20 > and then asking it to begin playing from there. It simply doesn't alway= s=20 > work, and I've yet to find a reliable way to get it to do so, that's wh= y=20 > almost all of the complaints were about FF. In my previous Javascript code, I had all sorts of status-checking loops = to see=20 if the RealPlayer MP3 player was re...

OT
Number 1 most requested thing on Dell's "Idea Storm" page: http://www.dellideastorm.com/ bob z. would love to be in a position where he wasn't placing all of his CAD eggs in one OS basket. bob z. p.s. I'm living for givin the devil his due > wasn't placing all of his CAD eggs in one OS basket. Ditto. Maybe someday. "Linux and x64 are two of the technologies most requested by UGS customers." http://www10.mcadcafe.com/nbc/articles/view_weekly.php?articleid=260017 Product name would be: Solinux 3dunix Lincad Modelinux "bob zee" <bobze...

OT: Note to canadian users. Bell Canada interfering with telecom links.
In case you are not aware, Bell Canada has installed some deep packet inspection technology on non-internet telecommunications links which change user data in order to disrupt applications. While at the ISP level, this would be called throttling, in this case, Bell Canada is modifying payload data in point to point virtual circuits on a service that provides no internet connectivity (GAS, tariff 5410). This is tantamount to Bell Canada looking into bank transactions between bank branches and bank data centres and deciding which transaction should be modified to cause the application to rejec...

Re: OT: Bush speaking with clarity and the "truth" FUNNY #3
Joe, is your information TRUE? NO, Seems not. There is up to 9 swift boat veterans that campaign with Kerry. "Of the 20 officers shown in the photograph, only two openly support Senator Kerry, Swift Boat Veterans for Truth said. Eleven of the officers in the photo oppose Kerry's bid for the presidency, four wish to remain uninvolved and two are deceased, the press release added. " What you refer to is a pic that Kerry uses and only 2 out of the bunch support him. 2 or even 9 is better 1. How many has Bush found that served with him in Alabama? Last count was s...

Re: OT: Christmas Day on Mars #5
The Beagle is Stranded. -----Original Message----- From: Larry Barnes [mailto:LABarnes@thecreek.com] Sent: Friday, December 26, 2003 9:56 AM To: HP3000-L@RAVEN.UTC.EDU Subject: Re: [HP3000-L] OT: Christmas Day on Mars The Beagle has landed, by all indications no fire hydrants have been found yet! -----Original Message----- From: Denys Beauchemin [mailto:denysnospamwanted@houston.rr.com] Sent: Thursday, December 25, 2003 10:26 AM To: HP3000-L@RAVEN.UTC.EDU Subject: Re: [HP3000-L] OT: Christmas Day on Mars No Mars signal from the Beagle probe. (Yet.) http://news.bbc....

Whitelists (OT maybe) #2
Hi, This might be a little OT, but someone here might know. I run a Sendmail 12.6 server on Red Hat for an ISP. Does anyone know of software that might be out there that would let me set up a customer configurable white list? What I am kind of envisioning is to have a web page where a customer could log in and setup the email addresses of people he wanted to be able to receive mail from. This would have to be configurable on a per-customer basis because many customers probably would not want to participate in the white list. Thanks, Lisa Casey ...

OT - OT - OT
http://www.405themovie.com/Home.asp -- Cliff "Cliff" <Clhuprich@aol.com> wrote in message news:7jht919fodmtt9o6mdo11ac8rqlt6jf2ad@4ax.com... > http://www.405themovie.com/Home.asp > > -- > Cliff Interesting but not very realistic at all. Lane (Lane, check for pulse. Are you alive?) Good effects. I liked Grandma best, I think I've seen her driving in front of me a few times. "Lane" <lane (no spam) at copperaccents dot com> wrote in message news:uYSdnRj7gaIQ6gLfRVn-qA@comcast.com... > > "Cliff" <Clhuprich@aol.co...

OT-Digital8 camcorders with passthrough?
Just wondering if some of the DV enthusiasts here might know if there is a website listing all the Sony (or other) models that have analogue to digital passthrough. So far I think these ones do: DCR-TRV120 DCR-TRV130 DCR-TRV230 DCR-TRV240 DCR-TRV250 DCR-TRV260 DCR-TRV280 DCR-TRV310 DCR-TRV340 DCR-TRV350 DCR-TRV460 DCR-TRV480 DCR-TRV530 DCR-TRV720 DCR-TRV730 DCR-TRV740 DCR-TRV830 That means you can play an analogue Hi8 (maybe 8mm too?) tape in the camcorder and output it via firewire to your computer. Its a great way of archiving all your old 8mm/Hi8 tapes. You don't even need a work...

Problem in Passing 1d array from VC++ to VB
Hi all, I have VB applicatoin , which calls a function in VC++ DLL Arguement of function is a one dimensional string array. Array will get filled in VC++ dll function. I have written the programme given below. But I am unable to get the array elements from VC++. Programme is given below. VC++ COM /*****************************************/ STDMETHODIMP CTest111CL::myFun(SAFEARRAY **ppOutputArray) { AFX_MANAGE_STATE(AfxGetStaticModuleState()) HRESULT hresult; SAFEARRAYBOUND aDim[1] ; aDim[0].lLbound = 0; aDim[0].cElements = 3; BSTR HUGEP *pbstr; *ppOutputArray = SafeArrayCreate(VT_B...

OT:AGW
Well the global warming debate is over, as per godwin's law... http://www.cnn.com/2008/TECH/science/03/31/gore.environment.ap/index.htm l=20=20 * To join/leave the list, search archives, change list settings, * * etc., please visit http://raven.utc.edu/archives/hp3000-l.html * You deniers will probably like number 7 on this list of geek solutions to global warming: http://www.cnn.com/2008/TECH/science/03/31/gore.environment.ap/index.html Bruce ----- Original Message ----- From: "Brice Yokem" <byokem@YAHOO.COM> To: <HP3000-L@RAVEN.UTC.EDU&g...

How to pass a function as argument in ruby?
I've searched a bit about the subject, but I don't understand it. All I want is to simply pass a function of one instance to another. In Python this works, but in ruby not. Python code would be: def x(a,b): return a+b def y(a): return a(3,4) y(x) # Result is 7 But the equivalent ruby code doesn't work: def a(x,y) return x+y end def x(b) return b(3,4) end x(a) #Gives the following error in irb: NoMethodError: undefined method `b' for main:Object from (irb):40:in `x' from (irb):42 from :0 Hi -- On Mon, 13 Feb 2006, the_crazy88 wrote:...

How to pass data between two window without Session??
hi, could any1 help me with this? [It's a ".aspx" page.] There're one button and one textbox on Page A. click the button: <Code Behind > Dim ClientScript As String = "" ClientScript += " <SCRIPT language='javascript'> " & vbCrLf ClientScript += "var features =" & ...........<--setup height,width...etc ClientScript += "window.open(B.aspx,'',features);" & vbCrLf ClientScript += " </SCRIPT> " If Not Me.IsClientScriptBlockRegistered("VBScript") Then Me.RegisterCl...

OT: Babylon 5 (way OT)
I have just started a high-def blu-ray (or higher-def DVD) petition here: http://www.petitiononline.com/B5HiDef/petition.html We may not see a major effort to recreate space scenes as is happening with Star Trek, but we may see "480p on DVD with more discs" or "1080i on Blu-Ray" if Warner Bros can be encouraged to do another digital transfer. Please consider signing the petition if you agree. Neil Rieck Kitchener/Waterloo/Cambridge, Ontario, Canada. http://www3.sympatico.ca/n.rieck/docs/babylon5-hi-def-petition.html Neil Rieck wrote: > I have just started a high...

Re: OT: Anyone listening to space shuttle? #2
How long does it take the shuttle to reach its destination once it lifts = off? Stefan >>> Gehan Gehale <gehale@gmail.com> 7/26/2005 1:57 PM >>> http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/nasatv/index.html?skipIntro=3D1=20 Live cam's of Houston control center with real time feed of audio between shuttle and ground... --=20 Gehan Gehale gehale@gmail.com=20 * To join/leave the list, search archives, change list settings, * * etc., please visit http://raven.utc.edu/archives/hp3000-l.html * ************************* The information in this ema...

Fwd: OT: 10 Commandments--- more OT
> On Sunday, December 7, 2003, at 09:48 AM, Craig Lalley wrote: > >> Fred, >> >> If you believe that then you don't believe in the Bill of Rights >> (Ammendments 1 - 10 of the constitution.) > > Your conclusion is false. See below. > > >> For your clarification: >> >> Ammendment 1 and I quote >> >> "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, >> or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of >> speech, or of the press; or the right of the p...

OT UPS
I have a friend that has an APC Smart-UPS 2200 he's selling. retails for $1,300, he's letting it go for $300. One catch, it has two groups of batteries, 4 batteries in each group. He had a battery go bad so instead of buying the very expensive replacements that you can get from www.apcc.com he just put two marine batteries in series and hooked them up to the battery terminal inside. As far as the voltage goes, it works. The oem batteries are 12V put in a series to make 24V. This matches the two marine batteries, which are 12V in series to make 24V. And it appears that the system...

OT: New Microsoft CEIO announced
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/news/ceo/index.html#b02g04t20w14 Satya Nadella is the new CEO. As Satya Nadella becomes the third CEO of Microsoft, he brings a relentless drive for innovation and a spirit of collaboration to his new role. He joined Microsoft 22 years ago because he saw how clearly Microsoft empowers people to do magical things and ultimately make the world a better place. Many companies, he says, �aspire to change the world. But very few have all the elements required: talent, resources and perseverance. Microsoft has proven that it has all three in abundance.� ...

OT: Snowing in Austin, Texas
Apologies to you "northerners: who are used to this kind of thing, but it is snowing with slight accumulations in Austin, Texas. Watch the national news tonight for video of trucks sliding sideways on the interstate. We don't know how to drive in this stuff. Richard Funny we have 18" on the ground currently "Richard Doyle" <rdoyle@manitex.com> wrote in message news:c0iu28$188002$1@ID-182008.news.uni-berlin.de... > Apologies to you "northerners: who are used to this kind of thing, but it is > snowing with slight accumulations in Austin, Texas. Watch...

Re: OT: Congratulations Canada
Shawn Gordan says:=20 > On your wise election of the conservatives, sadly our own liberals=20 > will now have to look to Venezuela to go to when they loose=20 > the next election. Yes, but isn't a conservative in Canada still to the left of Karl Marx? ;^) Tracy Johnson Measurement Specialties, Inc.=20 BT NNNN * To join/leave the list, search archives, change list settings, * * etc., please visit http://raven.utc.edu/archives/hp3000-l.html * Tracy Johnson wrote: >Shawn Gordon says: >> On your wise election of the conservatives...