--
<snip>

0
Reply Clogwog 1/4/2011 9:26:17 PM

See related articles to this posting

On Jan 4, 11:26=C2=A0pm, "Clogwog" <clog...@anon.eu> wrote:
> http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2011/jan/04/gerry-rafferty-dies-aged-63
> Great musician!
> RIP Gerry, You will be=EF=BB=BF missed!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DW=
kS169P_Eeo
> --
> <snip>

You just dated yourself.  Not the kind of Saturday night lonely date
either.

Did Gerry play with the other Gerry of the Grateful Dead?

RL
0
Reply RayLopez99 1/5/2011 12:34:44 AM

On Tue, 4 Jan 2011 22:26:17 +0100, Clogwog wrote:

> http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2011/jan/04/gerry-rafferty-dies-aged-63
> Great musician!
> RIP Gerry, You will be missed!
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkS169P_Eeo

Too bad :(
He was also in Stealer'S Wheel I believe.
0
Reply Juan 1/5/2011 2:29:11 AM

"Juan" <skibum8822@yahoo.com> schreef in bericht
> On Tue, 4 Jan 2011 22:26:17 +0100, Clogwog wrote:
>
>> http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2011/jan/04/gerry-rafferty-dies-aged-63
>> Great musician!
>> RIP Gerry, You will be missed!
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkS169P_Eeo
>
> Too bad :(
> He was also in Stealer'S Wheel I believe.

Yes, "Stuck in the Middle With You" was their famous hit and it was the
soundtrack for "Reservoir Dogs", a movie by Quentin Tarantino.
I liked his "City to city" solo album very much and I still do.

0
Reply Clogwog 1/5/2011 3:03:54 PM

"RayLopez99" <raylopez88@gmail.com> schreef in bericht
On Jan 4, 11:26 pm, "Clogwog" <clog...@anon.eu> wrote:
> http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2011/jan/04/gerry-rafferty-dies-aged-63
> Great musician!
> RIP Gerry, You will be missed!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkS169P_Eeo
> --
> <snip>
>
> You just dated yourself.

So?, I'm 62, do you mind?

> Not the kind of Saturday night lonely date either.
> Did Gerry play with the other Gerry of the Grateful Dead?

Jerry Garcia, you mean, a lead guitar player!
Grateful Dead was a good band, I guess, but it's not my genre!
My younger brother was a big fan.
Maybe the two G(J)erry's played together once, I don't know.
It happens quite often when good musicians meet, something extraordinary is
going to happen!
See:
Tribute to Freddie Mercury
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7S3vpVDqQgQ
Traveling Wilbury's
http://www.travelingwilburys.com/
Prince's Trust Rock Gala's
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mg3mmv4EWV0

> RL

0
Reply Clogwog 1/5/2011 3:39:33 PM

On Jan 5, 5:39=C2=A0pm, "Clogwog" <clog...@anon.eu> wrote:
> "RayLopez99" <raylope...@gmail.com> schreef in berichtnews:791381b4-8601-=
4018-847e-d0f518fc2836@f30g2000yqa.googlegroups.com...
> On Jan 4, 11:26 pm, "Clogwog" <clog...@anon.eu> wrote:
>
> >http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2011/jan/04/gerry-rafferty-dies-aged-63
> > Great musician!
> > RIP Gerry, You will be=EF=BB=BF missed!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=
=3DWkS169P_Eeo
> > --
> > <snip>
>
> > You just dated yourself.
>
> So?, I'm 62, do you mind?

 No, not at all.  Hope you live to 100.

I've heard his song "stuck in the middle" now that somebody mentioned
it.  Good tune.

You don't use Linux do you?  You can't hear decent music--or any
music--with that Orb codec baloney.

RL

0
Reply RayLopez99 1/5/2011 9:51:34 PM

On Jan 5, 5:39 pm, "Clogwog" <clog...@anon.eu> wrote:
> "RayLopez99" <raylope...@gmail.com> schreef in
> berichtnews:791381b4-8601-4018-847e-d0f518fc2836@f30g2000yqa.googlegroups.com...
> On Jan 4, 11:26 pm, "Clogwog" <clog...@anon.eu> wrote:
>
> >http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2011/jan/04/gerry-rafferty-dies-aged-63
> > Great musician!
> > RIP Gerry, You will be
> > missed!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkS169P_Eeo
> > --
> > <snip>
>
> > You just dated yourself.
>
> So?, I'm 62, do you mind?
>
>  No, not at all.  Hope you live to 100.

<muffled laughter />

> I've heard his song "stuck in the middle" now that somebody mentioned
> it.  Good tune.
>
> You don't use Linux do you?  You can't hear decent music--or any
> music--with that Orb codec baloney.

I use the ubuntu 10.04 crash_O-matic sometimes, but decent music performance
is still crap.
It might take at least 5 new versions of Ubuntu to fix that, if ever!

> RL

0
Reply Clogwog 1/6/2011 3:31:16 PM
comp.os.linux.advocacy 118724 articles. 13 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

OT: Gerry Rafferty, RIP
A sad farewell to a great musician and fellow Scot, Gerry Rafferty: http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/home-news/scots-singer-gerry-rafferty-dies-after-long-illness-age-63-1.1077979 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkS169P_Eeo (Baker Street) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sedPivIxfM (Right Down the Line) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMAIsqvTh7g (Stuck in the Middle) -- K. | Ancient Chinese Proverb: http://slated.org | "The road to Hell is paved with Fedora 8 (Werewolf) on sky | ignorant twits who know nothing kernel 2.6.31.5, up 11 d...

OT: Warren Spahn passes away at 82
Warren Spahn died today at 82 - one of the greatest pitchers in the history of baseball. The 45 remaining living Hall of Famers: Hank Aaron Luis Aparicio Ernie Banks Johnny Bench Yogi Berra George Brett Lou Brock Rod Carew Steve Carlton Gary Carter Bob Feller Rollie Fingers Carlton Fisk Whitey Ford Bob Gibson Reggie Jackson Fergie Jenkins Al Kaline Harmon Killebrew Ralph Kiner Sandy Koufax Juan Marichal Willie Mays Willie McCovey Joe Morgan Eddie Murray Stan Musial Phil Niekro Jim Palmer Tony P�rez Gaylord Perry Kirby Puckett Robin Roberts Frank Robinson...

OT: S Craig Taylor passed away
Hi, A designer best known for Flat Top and Wooden Ships & Iron Men. His death made me realize that today we're a hobby where it was pretty easy to contact the designer of a game or bump into him at a convention or such, but that 20 years from now this won't be the case anymore. The Old Guard is passing away - such is life I guess. Greetz, Eddy Sterckx In article <155222a8-fcf3-4427-9ecc-efc328355913 @ez26g2000vbb.googlegroups.com>, eddysterckx@hotmail.com says... > Hi, > > A designer best known for Flat Top and Wooden Ships & Iron Men. >...

OT: Al Lewis (Grandpa Munster) passes away...
For those who remember the TV show "Munsters" - http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/O/OBIT_LEWIS?SITE=NJASB&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT * To join/leave the list, search archives, change list settings, * * etc., please visit http://raven.utc.edu/archives/hp3000-l.html * ...

MisterP passed away.
Some here are already aware. Longtime COLA reader and sometimes-poster MisterP (Patrick Klee) passed away April 8th after prolonged heart problems. His father notified us last night -- he went into the hospital and was being treated with an experimental drug, felt fine for a little while, mentioned feeling crummy, was put to bed, and was gone when they went to take his blood pressure. He was 26. Obituary: http://www.legacy.com/Kansas/LegacySubPage2.asp?Page=LifeStory&PersonId=2120957 -- Jon Portnoy avenj/irc.freenode.net, irc.oftc.net On 2004-04-15, Jon Portnoy <jdpNOSPAM@oppr...

[OT] Away For A Bit
Just a brief note, I'll be off travelling for the next few weeks and my Internet access - and participation here and in other fora - might be a bit spotty. Catch you all in a while. DD <docdwarf@panix.com> wrote in message news:e3hkvc$brd$1@reader1.panix.com... > > Just a brief note, I'll be off travelling for the next few weeks and my > Internet access - and participation here and in other fora - might be a > bit spotty. Catch you all in a while. > > DD > Bon Voyage, old cough drop! Hope you get the bit you're going away for... :-) Pete. ...

OT to good to pass up
Yea it could be ripped right from some some right wing website I dont know or care so skip the comments. ------------------------------------------------------------------------- HOW GOVERNMENT WORKS Once upon a time the  government had a vast scrap yard in the middle of a desert. Congress said,  "someone may steal from it at night." So they created a night watchman position  and hired a person for the  job.                                         &...

OT but too good to pass up.
I don;t know where it came from and could care less..... Mitch Remarkable Obituary Today we mourn the passing of a beloved old friend, Mr. Common Sense. Mr. Sense had been with us for many years. No one knows for sure how old he was since his birth records were long ago lost in bureaucratic red tape. He will be remembered as having cultivated such value lessons as knowing when to come in out of the rain, why the early bird gets the worm and that life isn't always fair. Common Sense lived by simple, sound financial policies (don't spend more than you earn) and r...

Steve Jobs Passes Away
Very sad day... rhohler wrote: > Very sad day... > Indeed. :-( ...

Jim Butterfield passed away
Jim Butterfield, who wrote countless articles and books on the 6502, died from cancer June 30, 2007. Details are in comp.sys.cbm. Paul Guertin pg@sff.net Paul Guertin schrieb: > Jim Butterfield, who wrote countless articles and books on the 6502, > died from cancer June 30, 2007. Details are in comp.sys.cbm. Thanks for informing us here! I've read several articles from him back then and when the retro bug bit me a few years ago I found lots of new stuff, sometimes even personal stories. Reading these stories it became clear that he had what other programmers / persons were miss...

Bob Bergeron passed away
To our colleagues who worked with us at the NAS in the High-Speed Processor (HSP) group, I just got the report that Bob passed away overnight. I have no details yet about whether there will be a memorial like Woodrow's. Email me here or at work if you need more details. -- ...

Michael Jackson Passed Away
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Pop giant Michael Jackson, who took to the stage as a child star and went on to set the world dancing to the thumping rhythms of his music for decades, died Thursday, TMZ website reported. He was 50. "We've just learned Michael Jackson has died," TMZ said. "Michael suffered a cardiac arrest earlier this afternoon and paramedics were unable to revive him. We're told when paramedics arrived Jackson had no pulse and they never got a pulse back," the entertainment site said. There was no official confirmation of the reported death and spokesp...

Passing away of Azriel Rosenfeld
I hope it is appropriate to pass on the following message ... Message from International Association for Pattern Recognition We are deeply saddened to inform you that Professor Azriel Rosenfeld passed away on 22 February 2004 in Maryland. Our pattern recognition community has lost one of its pioneers and founding fathers. The loss is immense, and we are unable to say in just a few words - or even fully understand - how much his life-long dedication to the field and his service to the IAPR have meant for each one of us. There will certainly be several opportunities, in the coming months, to h...

Ryan Suenaga passes away
We lost another great from our slowly shrinking group of Apple II hobbyists.... FROM A2CENTRAL.COM : Ryan Suenaga passes away By: Ken Gagne Apple II writer, editor, podcaster, programmer, advocate, and friend Ryan Suenaga passed away yesterday. The Hawai=92i Star Advertiser reports that Ryan was hiking the Olomana Trail with friends when he suffered a fatal fall. Ah, bad news I've just read on a2central.com I didn't know Ryan personally but was very impressed by what Ryan did for the Apple II community. I've also understood from the different messages that ...

Stan Schembri has passed away
sorry to be the bringer of bad news but I have just been made aware of stan's passing. Taken from c64.com � September 25th, 2009 - Stan Schembri has passed away Stan Schembri, who programmed C64 super hits like Barbarian and Cauldron 2, passed away in his sleep on September 17th. He will be sorely missed by the whole C64.COM crew. Here's some words from his old friends: Paul 'DOKK' Docherty: Hard to forget Stan. We shared the best of times and worst of times together at System 3, and he stood by me even when I didn't deserve it. I'm truly sorry to hear ab...

OT
"David W. Fenton, age 49, of Weehawken, New Jersey, formerly of=20 Chesterfield, IL passed away Tuesday, Nov. 1, 2011 at his residence...." http://www.davis-andersonfuneralhome.com/obits/obituaries.php/obitID/4357= 07/obit/David-W-Fenton http://arnoldzwicky.wordpress.com/2011/11/03/david-fenton/ ------------- I am sure we all will miss his character among the groups. He was still fairly recent active in StackOverflow, and here. David was just about always looking to correct any post I made, but that = was=20 his passion getting the best of him and he simply wanted to people to ...

Terry Shannon passed away
I received the news this morning. Terry Shannon passed away Monday, May 30th. He was cremated Wednesday. -- Ken _____________________________________ Kenneth R. Farmer <>< 336-736-7376 OpenVMS.org: http://www.OpenVMS.org dba.OpenVMS.org: http://dba.OpenVMS.org dcl.OpenVMS.org: http://dcl.OpenVMS.org Kenneth Farmer wrote: > > I received the news this morning. Terry Shannon passed away Monday, May > 30th. He was cremated Wednesday. Mr Shannon had been instrumental in marketing of VMS throughout the 1980s and 1990s. His contributions were very valuable. Ever...

Don Maslin has passed away.
http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20040910/news_1m10obitkp.html DONALD A. MASLIN Nov. 2, 1927-Aug. 28, 2004 Donald A. Maslin, 76, of La Jolla died Aug. 28. He was born in New Haven, Conn., and was a combat systems department head for the Navy. He served in the Coast Guard and was a member of the San Diego Computer Society. "Gene" <geneb@deltasoft.com> wrote in message news:19j3d.5$hI4.375@bcandid.telisphere.com... > http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20040910/news_1m10obitkp.html It seems amazing that such a life can be summarized in so few words. ...

[OT] Backing Away From The Bullshit...
....and looking for a clear route to the tall grass. http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,20867,20332352-601,00.html Radical envirowhacko group the IPCC has lowered the global warming alert level from 'We're all gonna die!' to 'We're all gonna be damn uncomfortable'. They are, of course, doing this because the issue has simply failed to gain any traction outside of envirowhacko extremist groups. They realize now that there aren't going to be any changes that they can point to and claim that because of them nothing happened when nothing happens. They reali...

Don Gregory passing away
I heard through the grapevine today that Don Gregory (A Series fame) passed away suddenly over the weekend. Apparently complications brought on by undiscovered cancer. He will be missed. Regrets, Joe Rich - TeamQuest Here in comp.sys.unisys, jar@nospam.teamquest.com (Joseph A. Rich) spake unto us, saying: >I heard through the grapevine today that Don Gregory (A Series fame) passed >away suddenly over the weekend. Apparently complications brought on by >undiscovered cancer. He will be missed. Very sad. :-( My condolences to his friends and family. I have three of his boo...

Peter Alfke has passed away
Those who've been on this newsgroup for any period of time will remember Peter Alfke, the Xilinx legend, and his infectious enthusiasm. He was a great help as I got into FPGA design 8 years ago, as I embarked on the academic track. I met him at a number of conferences, and he was just as wonderful in person. He gave some real life to the newsgroup and has been sorely missed since he stopped posting. A tweet that carried the news: https://twitter.com/xilinxtraining/status/126857481812066304 Our condolences to his family and friends; he will be sorely missed. Suhaib. On 20/10/2011 06:33,...

OT: Douglas Engelbart passes.
Now there is someone that was decades ahead of his time. Anyone familiar with "The Mother Of All Demos" (search YouTube) will know what I mean. RIP. Here's a link: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/07/03/douglas_engelbart_mouse_creator/ ...

George Michael passes away
Founding Chair of the SC'xy conferences died in his sleep last evening. -- ...

[OT] FYI: Going away for a while
After "Tim Martin" and Ed Letourneau contacted my ISP about my continous shilling for eCS in OS/2 newsgroups, my ISP has promptly decided to pull my account. As word spread of my virtual de-pantsing, my employer marched me to the door the next business day. I was also subsequently thrown out of my apartment and my car was taken away. Now I am forced to leave the icebox of the northeast US and try to begin a new life across the country where hopefully no one has heard of the humiliation I have suffered here. It will take me a few weeks to create a new fake identity...