f



OT: Gerry Rafferty passed away!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2011/jan/04/gerry-rafferty-dies-aged-63
Great musician!
RIP Gerry, You will be missed!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkS169P_Eeo
-- 
<snip> 

0
Clogwog
1/4/2011 9:26:17 PM
comp.os.linux.advocacy 123089 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

6 Replies
345 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 35

On Jan 4, 11:26=C2=A0pm, "Clogwog" <clog...@anon.eu> wrote:
> http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2011/jan/04/gerry-rafferty-dies-aged-63
> Great musician!
> RIP Gerry, You will be=EF=BB=BF missed!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DW=
kS169P_Eeo
> --
> <snip>

You just dated yourself.  Not the kind of Saturday night lonely date
either.

Did Gerry play with the other Gerry of the Grateful Dead?

RL
0
RayLopez99
1/5/2011 12:34:44 AM
On Tue, 4 Jan 2011 22:26:17 +0100, Clogwog wrote:

> http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2011/jan/04/gerry-rafferty-dies-aged-63
> Great musician!
> RIP Gerry, You will be missed!
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkS169P_Eeo

Too bad :(
He was also in Stealer'S Wheel I believe.
0
Juan
1/5/2011 2:29:11 AM
"Juan" <skibum8822@yahoo.com> schreef in bericht 
news:5c9dzaro5p1i.12n82pbrkk34e.dlg@40tude.net...
> On Tue, 4 Jan 2011 22:26:17 +0100, Clogwog wrote:
>
>> http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2011/jan/04/gerry-rafferty-dies-aged-63
>> Great musician!
>> RIP Gerry, You will be missed!
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkS169P_Eeo
>
> Too bad :(
> He was also in Stealer'S Wheel I believe.


Yes, "Stuck in the Middle With You" was their famous hit and it was the 
soundtrack for "Reservoir Dogs", a movie by Quentin Tarantino.
I liked his "City to city" solo album very much and I still do. 

0
Clogwog
1/5/2011 3:03:54 PM
"RayLopez99" <raylopez88@gmail.com> schreef in bericht 
news:791381b4-8601-4018-847e-d0f518fc2836@f30g2000yqa.googlegroups.com...
On Jan 4, 11:26 pm, "Clogwog" <clog...@anon.eu> wrote:
> http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2011/jan/04/gerry-rafferty-dies-aged-63
> Great musician!
> RIP Gerry, You will be missed!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkS169P_Eeo
> --
> <snip>
>
> You just dated yourself.

So?, I'm 62, do you mind?

> Not the kind of Saturday night lonely date either.
> Did Gerry play with the other Gerry of the Grateful Dead?

Jerry Garcia, you mean, a lead guitar player!
Grateful Dead was a good band, I guess, but it's not my genre!
My younger brother was a big fan.
Maybe the two G(J)erry's played together once, I don't know.
It happens quite often when good musicians meet, something extraordinary is 
going to happen!
See:
Tribute to Freddie Mercury
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7S3vpVDqQgQ
Traveling Wilbury's
http://www.travelingwilburys.com/
Prince's Trust Rock Gala's
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mg3mmv4EWV0

> RL


0
Clogwog
1/5/2011 3:39:33 PM
On Jan 5, 5:39=C2=A0pm, "Clogwog" <clog...@anon.eu> wrote:
> "RayLopez99" <raylope...@gmail.com> schreef in berichtnews:791381b4-8601-=
4018-847e-d0f518fc2836@f30g2000yqa.googlegroups.com...
> On Jan 4, 11:26 pm, "Clogwog" <clog...@anon.eu> wrote:
>
> >http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2011/jan/04/gerry-rafferty-dies-aged-63
> > Great musician!
> > RIP Gerry, You will be=EF=BB=BF missed!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=
=3DWkS169P_Eeo
> > --
> > <snip>
>
> > You just dated yourself.
>
> So?, I'm 62, do you mind?

 No, not at all.  Hope you live to 100.

I've heard his song "stuck in the middle" now that somebody mentioned
it.  Good tune.

You don't use Linux do you?  You can't hear decent music--or any
music--with that Orb codec baloney.

RL

0
RayLopez99
1/5/2011 9:51:34 PM
"RayLopez99" <raylopez88@gmail.com> schreef in bericht 
news:d56b152b-294e-4544-863d-63044d547411@m11g2000vbs.googlegroups.com...
On Jan 5, 5:39 pm, "Clogwog" <clog...@anon.eu> wrote:
> "RayLopez99" <raylope...@gmail.com> schreef in 
> berichtnews:791381b4-8601-4018-847e-d0f518fc2836@f30g2000yqa.googlegroups.com...
> On Jan 4, 11:26 pm, "Clogwog" <clog...@anon.eu> wrote:
>
> >http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2011/jan/04/gerry-rafferty-dies-aged-63
> > Great musician!
> > RIP Gerry, You will be 
> > missed!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkS169P_Eeo
> > --
> > <snip>
>
> > You just dated yourself.
>
> So?, I'm 62, do you mind?
>
>  No, not at all.  Hope you live to 100.
>
<muffled laughter />
>
> I've heard his song "stuck in the middle" now that somebody mentioned
> it.  Good tune.
>
> You don't use Linux do you?  You can't hear decent music--or any
> music--with that Orb codec baloney.

I use the ubuntu 10.04 crash_O-matic sometimes, but decent music performance 
is still crap.
It might take at least 5 new versions of Ubuntu to fix that, if ever!

> RL



0
Clogwog
1/6/2011 3:31:16 PM
Reply: