OT: Is any choice harder than no choice?

Recently a poster claimed that 'Adding a second choice makes it
"harder for a consumer to choose'. " Does anyone have any scientific
evidence to back that up? Short term memory is linked to decision
making, and it is known that a human can have around 3-4 things in
short term memory at a given time, so it seems to me that adding
choice to the mixture would not make it harder. I have referenced
plenty of links to studies that seemingly back this up (although to
what extent is under dispute). So does anyone have any actual quotes
or links to back up that a single choice is harder than no choice at
all? I would appreciate it. Thanks.

--
"I forge posts and get caught." - Snit
0

On 2011-09-09, the following emerged from the brain of cc:
> Recently a poster claimed that 'Adding a second choice makes it
> "harder for a consumer to choose'. " Does anyone have any scientific
> evidence to back that up? Short term memory is linked to decision
> making, and it is known that a human can have around 3-4 things in
> short term memory at a given time, so it seems to me that adding
> choice to the mixture would not make it harder. I have referenced
> plenty of links to studies that seemingly back this up (although to
> what extent is under dispute). So does anyone have any actual quotes
> or links to back up that a single choice is harder than no choice at
> all? I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Did it ever occur to you that perhaps the lion's share of posters in
COLA are not interested in off-topic follow-up threads about an
off-topic 'debate' in another already off-topic thread?

--
We are the COLA herd. Existence as you know it is over. You will be
assimilated. Resistance is futile.
TomB wrote:

> ccretin wrote:
>>
>> (snip brain-damaged gibberish)
>
>Did it ever occur to you that perhaps the lion's share of posters in
>COLA are not interested in off-topic follow-up threads about an
>off-topic 'debate' in another already off-topic thread?

Who wants to "debate" a brain-damaged troll like ccretin?  It's not as
if he's someone who can be reasoned with.

0
chrisv (22840)
9/9/2011 5:45:21 PM
cc stated in post
1b27407b-d728-4913-a178-16f7bf063be4@h14g2000yqi.googlegroups.com on 9/9/11
10:16 AM:

> Recently a poster claimed that 'Adding a second choice makes it
> "harder for a consumer to choose'. " Does anyone have any scientific
> evidence to back that up?

The actual comments:

   Snit:
     -----
     Adding a second choice makes it "harder for a consumer to
     choose".
     -----
   cc:
     -----
     That is not true according to the Paradox of Choice and the
     studies it references. Each choice does not make it harder,
     it's only after a certain point do additional choices hurt.
     -----

But the Paradox of Choice says no such thing.  If it did, well, you would be
able to quote it doing so.

> Short term memory is linked to decision making, and it is known that a human
> can have around 3-4 things in short term memory at a given time, so it seems
> to me that adding choice to the mixture would not make it harder.

Can you show this connection between short term memory and decision making?
And can you show the connection is strong?

And what does this have to do with your claims about the Paradox of Choice
book?

> I have referenced plenty of links to studies that seemingly back this up
> (although to what extent is under dispute). So does anyone have any actual
> quotes or links to back up that a single choice is harder than no choice at
> all? I would appreciate it. Thanks.
>
> --
> "I forge posts and get caught." - Snit

If you stop lying about me I might help you.  Might.  For it to even be a
consideration, though, you must stop lying about me first *and* acknowledge
you have been lying.

It really is that simple: you are asking for help in understanding things.
If you want that help you will *have* to stop being a liar.  Got it?

--
🙈🙉🙊

0
usenet2 (47889)
9/9/2011 5:47:32 PM
On Sep 9, 1:38=A0pm, TomB <tommy.bongae...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2011-09-09, the following emerged from the brain of cc:
>
> > Recently a poster claimed that 'Adding a second choice makes it
> > "harder for a consumer to choose'. " Does anyone have any scientific
> > evidence to back that up? Short term memory is linked to decision
> > making, and it is known that a human can have around 3-4 things in
> > short term memory at a given time, so it seems to me that adding
> > choice to the mixture would not make it harder. I have referenced
> > plenty of links to studies that seemingly back this up (although to
> > what extent is under dispute). So does anyone have any actual quotes
> > or links to back up that a single choice is harder than no choice at
> > all? I would appreciate it. Thanks.
>
> Did it ever occur to you that perhaps the lion's share of posters in
> COLA are not interested in off-topic follow-up threads about an
> off-topic 'debate' in another already off-topic thread?

Did it occur to you to not to read a thread marked OT, with a subject
that actually describes the thread, started by me, if you're not
interested in one or a combination of those?

As for me, I am well aware that a lion's share of posters in COLA are
not interested in any post I make. Fuck em. This post is not for them.

--
"I forge posts and get caught." - Snit
0
scatnubbs (5405)
9/9/2011 5:47:52 PM
On Sep 9, 1:47=A0pm, Snit <use...@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote:
> cc stated in post
> 1b27407b-d728-4913-a178-16f7bf063...@h14g2000yqi.googlegroups.com on 9/9/=
11
> 10:16 AM:
>
> > Recently a poster claimed that 'Adding a second choice makes it
> > "harder for a consumer to choose'. " Does anyone have any scientific
> > evidence to back that up?

No support provided. Moving along...

--
"I forge posts and get caught." - Snit
0
scatnubbs (5405)
9/9/2011 5:48:58 PM
TomB stated in post 20110909193608.952@usenet.drumscum.be on 9/9/11 10:38
AM:

> On 2011-09-09, the following emerged from the brain of cc:
>> Recently a poster claimed that 'Adding a second choice makes it
>> "harder for a consumer to choose'. " Does anyone have any scientific
>> evidence to back that up? Short term memory is linked to decision
>> making, and it is known that a human can have around 3-4 things in
>> short term memory at a given time, so it seems to me that adding
>> choice to the mixture would not make it harder. I have referenced
>> plenty of links to studies that seemingly back this up (although to
>> what extent is under dispute). So does anyone have any actual quotes
>> or links to back up that a single choice is harder than no choice at
>> all? I would appreciate it. Thanks.
>
> Did it ever occur to you that perhaps the lion's share of posters in
> COLA are not interested in off-topic follow-up threads about an
> off-topic 'debate' in another already off-topic thread?

Sadly, cc made a claim he cannot support... so he is going to troll me over
it in as many threads as he can.

This is very much in line with the norm of COLA.

--
🙈🙉🙊

0
usenet2 (47889)
9/9/2011 5:55:48 PM
cc stated in post
b1fca3ba-bb12-4781-847e-909a23c305ed@l4g2000vbv.googlegroups.com on 9/9/11
10:48 AM:

> On Sep 9, 1:47 pm, Snit <use...@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote:
>> cc stated in post
>> 1b27407b-d728-4913-a178-16f7bf063...@h14g2000yqi.googlegroups.com on 9/9/11
>> 10:16 AM:
>>
>>> Recently a poster claimed that 'Adding a second choice makes it
>>> "harder for a consumer to choose'. " Does anyone have any scientific
>>> evidence to back that up?
>>

> No support provided. Moving along...
>
> --
> "I forge posts and get caught." - Snit

   Snit:
     -----
     Adding a second choice makes it "harder for a consumer to
     choose".
     -----
   cc:
     -----
     That is not true according to the Paradox of Choice and the
     studies it references. Each choice does not make it harder,
     it's only after a certain point do additional choices hurt.
     -----

Run!

--
🙈🙉🙊

0
usenet2 (47889)
9/9/2011 6:21:52 PM
cc stated in post
d778d7e3-2c1e-4103-8472-56ffe8833277@s12g2000yqm.googlegroups.com on 9/9/11
10:47 AM:

> On Sep 9, 1:38 pm, TomB <tommy.bongae...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 2011-09-09, the following emerged from the brain of cc:
>>
>>> Recently a poster claimed that 'Adding a second choice makes it
>>> "harder for a consumer to choose'. " Does anyone have any scientific
>>> evidence to back that up? Short term memory is linked to decision
>>> making, and it is known that a human can have around 3-4 things in
>>> short term memory at a given time, so it seems to me that adding
>>> choice to the mixture would not make it harder. I have referenced
>>> plenty of links to studies that seemingly back this up (although to
>>> what extent is under dispute). So does anyone have any actual quotes
>>> or links to back up that a single choice is harder than no choice at
>>> all? I would appreciate it. Thanks.
>>
>> Did it ever occur to you that perhaps the lion's share of posters in
>> COLA are not interested in off-topic follow-up threads about an
>> off-topic 'debate' in another already off-topic thread?
>>

> Did it occur to you to not to read a thread marked OT, with a subject
> that actually describes the thread, started by me, if you're not
> interested in one or a combination of those?
>
> As for me, I am well aware that a lion's share of posters in COLA are
> not interested in any post I make. Fuck em. This post is not for them.
>
> --
> "I forge posts and get caught." - Snit

Poor cc: nobody likes his lying.

--
🙈🙉🙊

0
usenet2 (47889)
9/9/2011 6:22:08 PM
TomB wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:

> On 2011-09-09, the following emerged from the brain of cc:
>> Recently a poster claimed that 'Adding a second choice makes it
>> "harder for a consumer to choose'. " Does anyone have any scientific
>> evidence to back that up? Short term memory is linked to decision
>> making, and it is known that a human can have around 3-4 things in
>> short term memory at a given time, so it seems to me that adding
>> choice to the mixture would not make it harder. I have referenced
>> plenty of links to studies that seemingly back this up (although to
>> what extent is under dispute). So does anyone have any actual quotes
>> or links to back up that a single choice is harder than no choice at
>> all? I would appreciate it. Thanks.
>
> Did it ever occur to you that perhaps the lion's share of posters in
> COLA are not interested in off-topic follow-up threads about an
> off-topic 'debate' in another already off-topic thread?

The following posters include so much dross (insults, lies, propaganda,
hyperbole, snivelling, deliberate misinterpretation, stalking, coprologia,
arrant fecklessnes) along with anything reasonable they might post, that I
find it better to simply ignore them as much as possible:

   Snit and his socks
   Flounder (flatfish+++) and his/her innumerable socks
   Big Squeal and his socks
   "Hadron" (who, at least, rarely resorts to the sock)
   cc (often an obdurate cretin)
   -hh (a tedious poster, nauseating to behold)
   Ezekiel (a most sour disposition)

There are also some topics I tend to ignore, having had my say and being
simply not interested in "proving" my point any longer:

   Microsoft is all bad
   Apple is all bad
   Intel is all bad
   An advocate saying something bad or incorrect

Hence, my silence on these topics means *nothing*.

Here are the posters I generally like a lot:

   TomB, a worthy user of Linux and a nice guy, even if he gives too much
         play to certain trolling morons.
   Greg, another worthy user of Linux, who gets to say words that don't get
         forwarded by mentally-ill fsckwits and is not easily distracted by
         them.
   Homer, a truly strong intelligence, even if he's too "anti" for my
         tastes.
   7, who is often quite silly and trolling, and yet has produced more
         instructive material than all of the trolls combined.
   chrisv, who, when he's not gone off on Zeke et al., presents some
         reasonable opinions and insights.

There are a few more decent posters, and it is for them that I put up
with the lying, trolling garbage that tries to take over this newsgroup.

--
BOFH excuse #129:

The ring needs another token
0
ahlstromc8504 (8208)
9/9/2011 6:33:46 PM
On Sep 9, 2:21=A0pm, Snit <use...@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote:
> cc stated in post
> b1fca3ba-bb12-4781-847e-909a23c30...@l4g2000vbv.googlegroups.com on 9/9/1=
1
> 10:48 AM:
>
> > On Sep 9, 1:47=A0pm, Snit <use...@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote:
> >> cc stated in post
> >> 1b27407b-d728-4913-a178-16f7bf063...@h14g2000yqi.googlegroups.com on 9=
/9/11
> >> 10:16 AM:

> > No support provided. Moving along...
>
> > --
> > "I forge posts and get caught." - Snit
>
> =A0=A0 Snit:
> =A0=A0 =A0 -----
> =A0=A0 =A0 Adding a second choice makes it "harder for a consumer to
> =A0=A0 =A0 choose".
> =A0=A0 =A0 -----

No support I see.

> =A0=A0 cc:
> =A0=A0 =A0 -----
> =A0=A0 =A0 That is not true according to the Paradox of Choice and the
> =A0=A0 =A0 studies it references. Each choice does not make it harder,
> =A0=A0 =A0 it's only after a certain point do additional choices hurt.
> =A0=A0 =A0 -----

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/e1bdee0038900802?=
hl=3Den&dmode=3Dsource
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/97130026d0be8203?=
hl=3Den&dmode=3Dsource
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/6399466920e2bd5e?=
hl=3Den&dmode=3Dsource
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/d57fbe92d802c5c1?=
hl=3Den&dmode=3Dsource

Once again here's you're support for your statement:
""

Please offer support for your statement: Adding a second choice makes
it "harder for a consumer to choose".

Run, little Snit. Run like the wind!

--
"I run because I got proven wrong yet again." - Snit
0

> TomB wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:
>
>> On 2011-09-09, the following emerged from the brain of cc:
>>> Recently a poster claimed that 'Adding a second choice makes it
>>> "harder for a consumer to choose'. " Does anyone have any scientific
>>> evidence to back that up? Short term memory is linked to decision
>>> making, and it is known that a human can have around 3-4 things in
>>> short term memory at a given time, so it seems to me that adding
>>> choice to the mixture would not make it harder. I have referenced
>>> plenty of links to studies that seemingly back this up (although to
>>> what extent is under dispute). So does anyone have any actual quotes
>>> or links to back up that a single choice is harder than no choice at
>>> all? I would appreciate it. Thanks.
>>
>> Did it ever occur to you that perhaps the lion's share of posters in
>> COLA are not interested in off-topic follow-up threads about an
>> off-topic 'debate' in another already off-topic thread?
>
> The following posters include so much dross (insults, lies, propaganda,
> hyperbole, snivelling, deliberate misinterpretation, stalking, coprologia,
> arrant fecklessnes) along with anything reasonable they might post, that I
> find it better to simply ignore them as much as possible:
>
>    Snit and his socks

Notice the list of accusations against me, including lies, propaganda, using
socks, etc.

Now notice the support.

None.

But do not worry - the herd will *never* call you on this.  Some will likely
back you.

>    TomB, a worthy user of Linux and a nice guy, even if he gives too much
>          play to certain trolling morons.

He also lies and sucks up a lot.

>    Greg, another worthy user of Linux, who gets to say words that don't get
>          forwarded by mentally-ill fsckwits and is not easily distracted by
>          them.
>    Homer, a truly strong intelligence, even if he's too "anti" for my
>          tastes.

What makes you think he is intelligent?  Really?  I am not calling him
stupid, but to say he is esp. intelligent... what evidence do you have?

>    7, who is often quite silly and trolling, and yet has produced more
>          instructive material than all of the trolls combined.

Can you point to any of it?

>    chrisv, who, when he's not gone off on Zeke et al., presents some
>          reasonable opinions and insights.

When?

> There are a few more decent posters, and it is for them that I put up
> with the lying, trolling garbage that tries to take over this newsgroup.

You call these *decent* posters?

LOL!

Amazing.  You are doing what you can to suck up to the herd.

--
🙈🙉🙊

0
usenet2 (47889)
9/9/2011 6:45:57 PM
cc stated in post
66cf3824-e847-4911-b61b-d993c8d496fe@t29g2000vby.googlegroups.com on 9/9/11
11:36 AM:

> On Sep 9, 2:21 pm, Snit <use...@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote:
>> cc stated in post
>> b1fca3ba-bb12-4781-847e-909a23c30...@l4g2000vbv.googlegroups.com on 9/9/11
>> 10:48 AM:

>>> No support provided. Moving along...
>>
>>> --
>>> "I forge posts and get caught." - Snit
>>
>>    Snit:
>>      -----
>>      Adding a second choice makes it "harder for a consumer to
>>      choose".
>>      -----
>
> No support I see.
>
>>    cc:
>>      -----
>>      That is not true according to the Paradox of Choice and the
>>      studies it references. Each choice does not make it harder,
>>      it's only after a certain point do additional choices hurt.
>>      -----
>>

> http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/e1bdee0038900802?hl=
> en&dmode=source
> http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/97130026d0be8203?hl=
> en&dmode=source
> http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/6399466920e2bd5e?hl=
> en&dmode=source
> http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/d57fbe92d802c5c1?hl=
> en&dmode=source
>
> Once again here's you're support for your statement:
> ""
>
> Please offer support for your statement: Adding a second choice makes
> it "harder for a consumer to choose".
>

> Run, little Snit. Run like the wind!
>
> --
> "I run because I got proven wrong yet again." - Snit

   Snit:
     -----
     Adding a second choice makes it "harder for a consumer to
     choose".
     -----
   cc:
     -----
     That is not true according to the Paradox of Choice and the
     studies it references. Each choice does not make it harder,
     it's only after a certain point do additional choices hurt.
     -----

Please try to support your claim about the Paradox of Choice.

--
🙈🙉🙊

0
usenet2 (47889)
9/9/2011 6:49:49 PM
Verily I say unto thee that "cc" drooled:

> Recently a poster claimed that 'Adding a second choice makes it
> "harder for a consumer to choose'. " Does anyone have any scientific
> evidence to back that up? Short term memory is linked to decision
> making, and it is known that a human can have around 3-4 things in
> short term memory at a given time, so it seems to me that adding
> choice to the mixture would not make it harder. I have referenced
> plenty of links to studies that seemingly back this up (although to
> what extent is under dispute). So does anyone have any actual quotes
> or links to back up that a single choice is harder than no choice at
> all? I would appreciate it. Thanks.

"Difficulty" in anything is purely subjective. What may be "difficult"
for you is not necessarily so for the rest of us. For anyone else that
wants to understand why some people can make decisions and some people
can't, I would recommend they study cognitive psychology, but in your
case it would be a futile exercise, since you'd be stumped at the first
problem of how to choose a cognitive psychology textbook.

--
K.                           |       A lively young damsel named Menzies
http://slated.org            |   Inquired: "Do you know what this thenzies?"
> TomB wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:
>
>> On 2011-09-09, the following emerged from the brain of cc:
>>> Recently a poster claimed that 'Adding a second choice makes it
>>> "harder for a consumer to choose'. " Does anyone have any scientific
>>> evidence to back that up? Short term memory is linked to decision
>>> making, and it is known that a human can have around 3-4 things in
>>> short term memory at a given time, so it seems to me that adding
>>> choice to the mixture would not make it harder. I have referenced
>>> plenty of links to studies that seemingly back this up (although to
>>> what extent is under dispute). So does anyone have any actual quotes
>>> or links to back up that a single choice is harder than no choice at
>>> all? I would appreciate it. Thanks.
>>
>> Did it ever occur to you that perhaps the lion's share of posters in
>> COLA are not interested in off-topic follow-up threads about an
>> off-topic 'debate' in another already off-topic thread?
>
> The following posters include so much dross (insults, lies, propaganda,
> hyperbole, snivelling, deliberate misinterpretation, stalking, coprologia,
> arrant fecklessnes) along with anything reasonable they might post, that I
> find it better to simply ignore them as much as possible:
>
>    Snit and his socks
>    Flounder (flatfish+++) and his/her innumerable socks
>    Big Squeal and his socks
>    "Hadron" (who, at least, rarely resorts to the sock)
>    cc (often an obdurate cretin)
>    -hh (a tedious poster, nauseating to behold)
>    Ezekiel (a most sour disposition)
>
> There are also some topics I tend to ignore, having had my say and being
> simply not interested in "proving" my point any longer:
>
>    Microsoft is all bad
>    Apple is all bad
>    Intel is all bad
>    An advocate saying something bad or incorrect
>
> Hence, my silence on these topics means *nothing*.
>
> Here are the posters I generally like a lot:
>
>    TomB, a worthy user of Linux and a nice guy, even if he gives too much
>          play to certain trolling morons.

Agree.

>    Greg, another worthy user of Linux, who gets to say words that don't get
>          forwarded by mentally-ill fsckwits and is not easily distracted by
>          them.

Agree.

>    Homer, a truly strong intelligence, even if he's too "anti" for my
>          tastes.

LOL.  Homer is probably certifiably insane, couple that with the fact
he is generally wrong about most of what he says...  IMHO, 95% of
Homer's rants aren't even worth the time to read - very much like Rex
actually - relying on what is called "proof by verbosity".  Look it up.

>    7, who is often quite silly and trolling, and yet has produced more
>          instructive material than all of the trolls combined.

Seriously, you aren't suggesting that any of his drivel is useful?  I
will admit his posts are enjoyable to read - but, mostly because they
often produce deep belly laughs because of their sheer ridiculousness.
7 is a clown.

>    chrisv, who, when he's not gone off on Zeke et al., presents some
>          reasonable opinions and insights.

Very rarely posts anything beyond *plonk*, or obscenity.  He has on
occasion shown he can post resonable opinions - but, they are very,
very, very rare.  And, any discussions with him usually quickly digress
into the former when he is at all cornered.

IMHO, there are very few left here that are capable of any sort of
reasonable discussion.

--
Tom Shelton

On 2011-09-09, the following emerged from the brain of cc:

8<

> Did it occur to you to not to read a thread marked OT, with a subject
> that actually describes the thread, started by me, if you're not
> interested in one or a combination of those?

Hmm, good point. Let's 'plonk' my first thread ever!

--
Tom Shelton stated in post j4dp52$4f9$1@dont-email.me on 9/9/11 12:23 PM:

>> Here are the posters I generally like a lot:
>>
>>    TomB, a worthy user of Linux and a nice guy, even if he gives too much
>>          play to certain trolling morons.
>
> Agree.

He can be... but he does give much to much "play" to the COLA "advocates".
I wish he could pull himself out of that.

>>    Greg, another worthy user of Linux, who gets to say words that don't get
>>          forwarded by mentally-ill fsckwits and is not easily distracted by
>>          them.
>
> Agree.
>
>>    Homer, a truly strong intelligence, even if he's too "anti" for my
>>          tastes.
>
> LOL.  Homer is probably certifiably insane, couple that with the fact
> he is generally wrong about most of what he says...  IMHO, 95% of
> Homer's rants aren't even worth the time to read - very much like Rex
> actually - relying on what is called "proof by verbosity".  Look it up.

True.

>>    7, who is often quite silly and trolling, and yet has produced more
>>          instructive material than all of the trolls combined.
>
> Seriously, you aren't suggesting that any of his drivel is useful?  I
> will admit his posts are enjoyable to read - but, mostly because they
> often produce deep belly laughs because of their sheer ridiculousness.
> 7 is a clown.

He is repetitive and functionally illiterate.

>>    chrisv, who, when he's not gone off on Zeke et al., presents some
>>          reasonable opinions and insights.
>
> Very rarely posts anything beyond *plonk*, or obscenity.  He has on
> occasion shown he can post resonable opinions - but, they are very,
> very, very rare.  And, any discussions with him usually quickly digress
> into the former when he is at all cornered.

Yes.

> IMHO, there are very few left here that are capable of any sort of
> reasonable discussion.

Again, agreed.  Sadly.

But look at all the people pointing to each other whining that they cannot
have a reasonable discussion.

I can.  I enjoy them.  And I welcome them.

Those who feel the same can join me in reasonable discussions.

--
🙈🙉🙊

0
usenet2 (47889)
9/9/2011 7:38:00 PM
Tom Shelton wrote:

>Very rarely posts anything beyond *plonk*, or obscenity.  He has on
>occasion shown he can post resonable opinions - but, they are very,
>very, very rare.

In your opinion.  In mine, you have a fscked-up view of what "rare"
is.

>And, any discussions with him usually quickly digress
>into the former when he is at all cornered.

It digresses when blatant idiocy and/or dishonesty is used against me
or others.  I treat people as they deserve to be treated.

Sorry, but I have *no* respect for fscking liars, which all the
Linux-haters in here are.

0
chrisv (22840)
9/9/2011 7:43:05 PM
On Sep 9, 2:33=A0pm, Chris Ahlstrom <ahlstr...@xzoozy.com> wrote:
> TomB wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:
>
> > On 2011-09-09, the following emerged from the brain of cc:
> >> Recently a poster claimed that 'Adding a second choice makes it
> >> "harder for a consumer to choose'. " Does anyone have any scientific
> >> evidence to back that up? Short term memory is linked to decision
> >> making, and it is known that a human can have around 3-4 things in
> >> short term memory at a given time, so it seems to me that adding
> >> choice to the mixture would not make it harder. I have referenced
> >> plenty of links to studies that seemingly back this up (although to
> >> what extent is under dispute). So does anyone have any actual quotes
> >> or links to back up that a single choice is harder than no choice at
> >> all? I would appreciate it. Thanks.
>
> > Did it ever occur to you that perhaps the lion's share of posters in
> > COLA are not interested in off-topic follow-up threads about an
> > off-topic 'debate' in another already off-topic thread?
>
> The following posters include so much dross (insults, lies, propaganda,
> hyperbole, snivelling, deliberate misinterpretation, stalking, coprologia=
,
> arrant fecklessnes) along with anything reasonable they might post, that =
> find it better to simply ignore them as much as possible:
>
> =A0 =A0Snit and his socks
> =A0 =A0Flounder (flatfish+++) and his/her innumerable socks
> =A0 =A0Big Squeal and his socks
> =A0 =A0"Hadron" (who, at least, rarely resorts to the sock)
> =A0 =A0cc (often an obdurate cretin)
> =A0 =A0-hh (a tedious poster, nauseating to behold)
> =A0 =A0Ezekiel (a most sour disposition)

You ignore by talking about us and responding third party. Do me a
favor (and yourself) and never ever mention my nym or respond to me
third party ever again. Then you will be truely ignoring me, and I
won't have to read this hypocritical bullshit from you. Win win.

--
"I forge posts and get caught." - Snit
0
scatnubbs (5405)
9/9/2011 8:36:52 PM
On Sep 9, 2:49=A0pm, Snit <use...@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote:
> cc stated in post
> 66cf3824-e847-4911-b61b-d993c8d49...@t29g2000vby.googlegroups.com on 9/9/=
11
> 11:36 AM:
>

> > On Sep 9, 2:21=A0pm, Snit <use...@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote:
> >> cc stated in post
> >> b1fca3ba-bb12-4781-847e-909a23c30...@l4g2000vbv.googlegroups.com on 9/=
9/11
> >> 10:48 AM:

> >> =A0=A0 Snit:
> >> =A0=A0 =A0 -----
> >> =A0=A0 =A0 Adding a second choice makes it "harder for a consumer to
> >> =A0=A0 =A0 choose".
> >> =A0=A0 =A0 -----
>
> > No support I see.
>
> >> =A0=A0 cc:
> >> =A0=A0 =A0 -----
> >> =A0=A0 =A0 That is not true according to the Paradox of Choice and the
> >> =A0=A0 =A0 studies it references. Each choice does not make it harder,
> >> =A0=A0 =A0 it's only after a certain point do additional choices hurt.
> >> =A0=A0 =A0 -----
>
> >http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/e1bdee00389...
> > en&dmode=3Dsource
> >http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/97130026d0b...
> > en&dmode=3Dsource
> >http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/6399466920e...
> > en&dmode=3Dsource
> >http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/d57fbe92d80...
> > en&dmode=3Dsource
>
> > Once again here's you're support for your statement:
> > ""
>
> > Please offer support for your statement: Adding a second choice makes
> > it "harder for a consumer to choose".
>
> > Run, little Snit. Run like the wind!
>
> > --
> > "I run because I got proven wrong yet again." - Snit
>
> =A0=A0 Snit:
> =A0=A0 =A0 -----
> =A0=A0 =A0 Adding a second choice makes it "harder for a consumer to
> =A0=A0 =A0 choose".
> =A0=A0 =A0 -----
> =A0=A0 cc:
> =A0=A0 =A0 -----
> =A0=A0 =A0 That is not true according to the Paradox of Choice and the
> =A0=A0 =A0 studies it references. Each choice does not make it harder,
> =A0=A0 =A0 it's only after a certain point do additional choices hurt.
> =A0=A0 =A0 -----
>
> Please try to support your claim about the Paradox of Choice.

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/e1bdee0038900802?=
=3Dhl=3D3Den&dmode=3D3Dsource
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/97130026d0be8203?=
=3Dhl=3D3Den&dmode=3D3Dsource
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/6399466920e2bd5e?=
=3Dhl=3D3Den&dmode=3D3Dsource
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/d57fbe92d802c5c1?=
=3Dhl=3D3Den&dmode=3D3Dsource

Please try and support your claim that Adding a second choice makes it
"harder for a consumer to choose".

--
"I cannot support my claim." - Snit

0
scatnubbs (5405)
9/9/2011 8:52:01 PM
On Sep 9, 3:03=A0pm, Homer <use...@slated.org> wrote:
> Verily I say unto thee that "cc" drooled:
>

> > Recently a poster claimed that 'Adding a second choice makes it
> > "harder for a consumer to choose'. " Does anyone have any scientific
> > evidence to back that up? Short term memory is linked to decision
> > making, and it is known that a human can have around 3-4 things in
> > short term memory at a given time, so it seems to me that adding
> > choice to the mixture would not make it harder. I have referenced
> > plenty of links to studies that seemingly back this up (although to
> > what extent is under dispute). So does anyone have any actual quotes
> > or links to back up that a single choice is harder than no choice at
> > all? I would appreciate it. Thanks.
>
> "Difficulty" in anything is purely subjective. What may be "difficult"
> for you is not necessarily so for the rest of us. For anyone else that
> wants to understand why some people can make decisions and some people
> can't, I would recommend they study cognitive psychology, but in your
> case it would be a futile exercise, since you'd be stumped at the first
> problem of how to choose a cognitive psychology textbook.

Way to completely misunderstand the post you fucking idiot.

--
"I forge posts." - Snit
0
On Sep 9, 3:32=A0pm, TomB <tommy.bongae...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2011-09-09, the following emerged from the brain of cc:
>
> 8<
>
> > Did it occur to you to not to read a thread marked OT, with a subject
> > that actually describes the thread, started by me, if you're not
> > interested in one or a combination of those?
>
> Hmm, good point. Let's 'plonk' my first thread ever!

Well at least you've notified us! Killfiling 101: Always let everyone
know who and when you've killfiled a poster or thread.

--
"I can't support my claims." - Snit
0

> http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/e1bdee0038900802?=hl
> =3Den&dmode=3Dsource
> http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/97130026d0be8203?=hl
> =3Den&dmode=3Dsource
> http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/6399466920e2bd5e?=hl
> =3Den&dmode=3Dsource
> http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/d57fbe92d802c5c1?=hl
> =3Den&dmode=3Dsource
>
> Please try and support your claim that Adding a second choice makes it
> "harder for a consumer to choose".
>
> --
> "I cannot support my claim." - Snit

It has already been discussed why your attempt to show evidence was based on
your own ignorance.  Why do you go around and around in cicles?

   Snit:
     -----
     Adding a second choice makes it "harder for a consumer to
     choose".
     -----
   cc:
     -----
     That is not true according to the Paradox of Choice and the
     studies it references. Each choice does not make it harder,
     it's only after a certain point do additional choices hurt.
     -----

Please try to support your claim about the Paradox of Choice.

If you cannot - and I predict you will not be able to - then I will simply
accept your white flag.  No point in trying to get you to support what you
clearly cannot.

--
🙈🙉🙊

0
usenet2 (47889)
9/9/2011 9:29:59 PM
cc stated in post
c500c73b-3b66-4a0e-bad5-d92374e2640f@o26g2000vbi.googlegroups.com on 9/9/11
1:36 PM:

> You ignore by talking about us and responding third party. Do me a
> favor (and yourself) and never ever mention my nym or respond to me
> third party ever again. Then you will be truely ignoring me, and I
> won't have to read this hypocritical bullshit from you. Win win.
>
> --
> "I forge posts and get caught." - Snit

Oh, the irony.

--
🙈🙉🙊

0
usenet2 (47889)
9/9/2011 9:30:23 PM
Tom Shelton wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:

> IMHO, there are very few left here that are capable of any sort of
> reasonable discussion.

And you're not one of them, anymore, either.  About all you're good for
is correcting misapprehensions/lies about Microsoft technology.

Sorry, that's my dispassionate view of it.

--
The correct way to punctuate a sentence that starts: "Of course it is none
of my business, but --" is to place a period after the word "but."  Don't use

> Tom Shelton wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:
>
>> IMHO, there are very few left here that are capable of any sort of
>> reasonable discussion.
>
> And you're not one of them, anymore, either.  About all you're good for
> is correcting misapprehensions/lies about Microsoft technology.
>
> Sorry, that's my dispassionate view of it.

Seems many people in COLA see themselves as being capable of a reasonable
conversation but think others are not.

Any of these who think they are capable, I welcome discussions with them.  I
know I am capable.

Non-problem solved. :)

--
🙈🙉🙊

0
usenet2 (47889)
9/9/2011 11:11:27 PM
Chris Ahlstrom wrote :
> Tom Shelton wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:
>
>> IMHO, there are very few left here that are capable of any sort of
>> reasonable discussion.
>
> And you're not one of them, anymore, either.

Hmmm...  Funny, I almost said the samething about you.  Lately, all I
see from you are "he's a wortless troll", "plonk him", or some innane
me to blather.  What happened to the old Chris?  The one that used to
actually post well thought out and reasoned responses?

> About all you're good for
> is correcting misapprehensions/lies about Microsoft technology.

Really? - the threads I've been involved in lately have been more about
"correcting misapprehensions/lies" about linux based technologies - for
instance Android.  Things like, Android having a superior security
model than iOS - a clearly false statement (and neither are ms
technologies).

And by the way, what's wrong with "correcting misapprehensions/lies"?
Has lieing and spreading disinformation become acceptable?  The fact is
Chris, I don't care who the lie or false information is about - I feel
it is better to be accurate.  So, if you don't like that - than all I
can say is sorry.  Don't read my posts.

--
Tom Shelton

Tom Shelton stated in post j4e7ht$b50$1@dont-email.me on 9/9/11 4:28 PM:

> Chris Ahlstrom wrote :
>> Tom Shelton wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:
>>
>>> IMHO, there are very few left here that are capable of any sort of
>>> reasonable discussion.
>>
>> And you're not one of them, anymore, either.
>
> Hmmm...  Funny, I almost said the samething about you.  Lately, all I
> see from you are "he's a wortless troll", "plonk him", or some innane
> me to blather.  What happened to the old Chris?  The one that used to
> actually post well thought out and reasoned responses?
>
>> About all you're good for
>> is correcting misapprehensions/lies about Microsoft technology.
>>

> Really? - the threads I've been involved in lately have been more about
> "correcting misapprehensions/lies" about linux based technologies - for
> instance Android.  Things like, Android having a superior security
> model than iOS - a clearly false statement (and neither are ms
> technologies).
>
> And by the way, what's wrong with "correcting misapprehensions/lies"?
> Has lieing and spreading disinformation become acceptable?  The fact is
> Chris, I don't care who the lie or false information is about - I feel
> it is better to be accurate.  So, if you don't like that - than all I
> can say is sorry.  Don't read my posts.

Too much of COLA is about reactions to the lies and FUD.

My posts very much included.

--
🙈🙉🙊

0
usenet2 (47889)
9/9/2011 11:39:37 PM
On Sep 9, 11:55=A0am, Snit <use...@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote:
> TomB stated in post 20110909193608....@usenet.drumscum.be on 9/9/11 10:38
> AM:
>
> > On 2011-09-09, the following emerged from the brain of cc:
> >> Recently a poster claimed that 'Adding a second choice makes it
> >> "harder for a consumer to choose'. " Does anyone have any scientific
> >> evidence to back that up? Short term memory is linked to decision
> >> making, and it is known that a human can have around 3-4 things in
> >> short term memory at a given time, so it seems to me that adding
> >> choice to the mixture would not make it harder. I have referenced
> >> plenty of links to studies that seemingly back this up (although to
> >> what extent is under dispute). So does anyone have any actual quotes
> >> or links to back up that a single choice is harder than no choice at
> >> all? I would appreciate it. Thanks.
>
> > Did it ever occur to you that perhaps the lion's share of posters in
> > COLA are not interested in off-topic follow-up threads about an
> > off-topic 'debate' in another already off-topic thread?
>
> Sadly, cc made a claim he cannot support... so he is going to troll me ov=
er
> it in as many threads as he can.
>
> This is very much in line with the norm of COLA.

As is the following "the norm of COLA", CSMA and probably many other
newsgroups you visit:

1- Adam Kesher: "Steve, IIRC Sandman's website has a member area and
login. If you forget your password, you can ask it to e-mail it to
you,
and a bot will send an e-mail.  *That* is the e-mail Snit got from
Sandman's website, and yes he's that fucked in the head and starved
for
attention that he'd claim it to be an e-mail from Sandman himself.
So,
don't get sucked into his little circus.  The e-mail, in this
particular
instance, did probably originate from Sandman.net."  27 Feb 2007

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/dac74355552b4cc7

2- Alan Baker: "People's perceptions of you are *formed* by behaviour
and not withstanding your occasional on topic posts, I wish you'd
leave
too. Please note that despite the amazing silliness that is Edwin, I
have never made the same wish of him."  27 Feb 2005

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/4a7c3ebf3fc10221

3- amicus_curious (COLA): "Where on earth do you get the idea that I
am
arguing with you, little man? Is your name "Hadron"? Shoo! Go back to
your mail order business!"  29 May 2011

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/00ee203fe6183b1b

4- Andrew J. Brehm: "You are not flamed because you speak the truth,
you
are flamed because you are a hideous troll and keep disrupting the
newsgroup."  27 Feb 2005

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/52eab53a559e00ce

5- AZ Nomad: "The fact that you routinely change your headers to
weasel
out of killfiles proves that you're an asshole."   25 Jun 2007

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/51b43d6c9613c9da

6- Andy/news/nospam: "Why do you keep these things up, Snit? Why not
just let them go away and show how responsible a member of CSMA you
are?
You could show your enemies up by being better than them, rise above
the
low level you so obviously dislike. Anything, just stop...."  26 Apr
2007

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/d6ffb6b06aa237e5

7- B.B.: "Does the From: header contain the string "Snit"? If yes,
then
troll. Otherwise, maybe. Dunno why I had my KF on you set to expire,
but
it's fixed now."  13 Mar 2005

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/8a98d179b2ff9578

8- BaJoRi: "You know it, and I know it, and everyone else who has
read
your idiocy knows it. I took your statement, showed it to be wrong,
then
added even more, just to be a dick and REALLY show you to be a fool.
You
need to judiciously snip out pertinent points because you are an
intellectually dwarfed turd-burglar."  11 Nov 2008

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.vacation.las-vegas/msg/647944511b74b82f

9- bobinnv: "I learned some time ago how much better this group can
be
if you kill file Snit. I have never understood why more people don't
do
the same.."  5 Aug 2006

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/0706dbef8ce1f903

10- Bob B.: "This has always been pretty much a free-for-all group,
but
since Snit showed up, its become almost impossible to have a decent
discussion about anything. The solution is to NOT REPLY TO SNIT. But
for
some reason, some people just can't stop feeding him."  27 Dec 2004

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/3d2f1dff196ca190

11- =C3=82=C2=B0b=C3=82=C2=B0 unny: Subject "snit makes me sad", Text "real=
ly
actually  =3D:-("

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/4e31cb49c1e2d432

12- Brian: "LOL, Has anyone ever been more universally hated on the
USENET than Snit? Too bad he craves the hatred and negative
attention.
We will read about him in the news some day soon going on a shooting
rampage. Somebody should get the pychopath some help before he VT's a
bunch of people.  29 May 2007

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/66a89e4f5c89f489

13- buzz off: "Snit is obviously mentally ill, but you and Steve
don't
help. You encourage him to post, which he doesn't need to do. We
would
all be better off if you just ignore him.  17 Nov 2004

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/2ed879f256677548

14- Carlo Coggi: "He must believe he is surrounded by 'trolls' ... in
the groups he trolls in, that is.  I wondered if the idiotrollers
like
snit would reply to this thread. Of course, I didn't see his posts,
only
your reply".  07 Aug 2006 (available only in reply)

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/5ea48f7a84115fd1

15- C Lund: "Snit is not my responsibility. Maybe it's time for you
learn how to use your kill-filter. I am assuming, of course, that
your
Usenet browser has a kill-filter."  5 Mar 2005

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/2c390a34b05b24a9

16- cc (COLA): "You are incapable of letting anything go. In fact, I
guarantee you will respond to this post in under 3 hours. Hell, I'd
be
surprised if it takes longer than 30 minutes. If I really wanted to,
could make this little side topic go on forever, because you are a
complete moron who just has to respond to anything written about or
you, even if it just means repeating yourself."  1 Feb 2010

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/3712090033411605

17- Chance Furlong: "HPT, Wally, Sandman, C Lund, Steve Carroll and
Tim
Adams are not trolls and do not troll. You, on the other hand, are a
troll."  27 Aug 2009

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/28c267f26965b43f

18- Chris Ahlstrom (COLA): "I try to go more by the contents of the
posts. Although some clowns (e.g. Snit) spew out so much chaff it is
not
worth the effort." 14 Feb 2010

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/8b6a982957c7c9d5

Chris Ahlstrom (COLA): "Actually, many of the advocates are sick to
death of Snit's never-ending puerile blather about trivialities.  The
occasional reasonable conversations are too few and far between."  6
Mar
2011

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/811326833ba71864

19- Chris Clement: "ugh....geez man.....let it go"  5 Jul 2006

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/ed093996df6547b2

20- chrisv (cola): "No, she called him 'shit', and rightly so, for
they
way he was so ignominiously birthed into a toilet at the bus depot,
and
simply refused to die, despite repeated flushes.  It's now far too
late
to *flush* him, but we can still *plonk* him..."  12 Sep 2005

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/18099f8aa067f4a5

21- Code Orange: "Then why post it? What need is there for you to
"win"
an argument? They don't like you, you don't like them. Why must you
keep
this up? What results are you expecting?"

22- CozmicDebris: "I'm done with your three year old games. The
archives
show my answers and your inability to process them. Keep posting your
list and proving that you are an idiot troll. I will not address it
any
further- you being too stupid to realize and accept that is not my
problem".  22 Nov 2007

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.cellular.attws/msg/0aa65b7a132dbfe8

23- cshenk: "I happen to believe him over you...  and I doubt I'd be
the
only person in this ng to do so. You have given people a lot of
'evidence' that you are dishonest... as 'evidenced' by the quotes
list."
..... "Why stop with Jonas? Why not call the entire list of people on
your quotes list 'liars'? After all, they have all labeled you a
liar,
troll or worse."  27 Nov 2010

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/909a59de04850ef5

24- Dave Fritzinger: "[snip of stuff I really don't care to read]
Snit,
please go away. Get a life, meet a woman, do something, but please,
please, please, GO AWAY!!!!"  2 Jun 2006

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/57bb2fc42ec0f290

25- Dawg Tail: "PC advocates, Mac advocates, Linux advocates. Almost
all
of them are making similar claims about Snit. When you have so many
diverse people who share a common perception where do you think the
problem lies? With Snit? Or almost everyone else? The answer doesn't
require an advanced degree to figure out."  30 Dec 2004

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/73edac32c3ad530b

26- Donald L McDaniel: "Jesus, snit. You're a teacher. I thought you
knew what a metaphor was, and could recognize one when it was
presented
to you. I guess I had too much confidence in you."  30 Nov 2006

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/3254ec7af27bfb0f

27- ed: "snit, you continually amaze me with how much of a liar and
loser you are. you may notice a semi-regular pattern with me where i
stop responding to your posts for stretches at a time, then start up
responding as if you were a normal person. i suppose it's tough for
the
magnitude of your 'loserdom' to stick, so it loses some of it's
sharpness when i stop responding to you. you almost always start
responding back in a semi normal way, but inevitably degenerate. it's
once again that time. i can only ask that you pass my condolences to
your wife and unborn child for having to put up with such a dishonest
fool as yourself. (well, if your wife is a loser as well, just pass
those condolences to the rug-rat to be; if not, double condolences to
her). "  30 Apr 2005

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/71f74dd6d806ce77

28- Edward Stanfield: "Snit thinks the rules that apply to honest and
honorable people apply to him.  That is absurd.  He is the biggest
liar
in Usenet history.  Mackay posted the email to prove Snit was using
sock
puppets and he still is.  Snit can not give up his socks puppets and
shills.  They are the only ones who ever support him."  28 Jan 2009

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/5b52494d96d12229

29- Edwin: "You've got to be out of your mind, Snit. You're the worst
troll this group has ever seen. You're a liar and a forger, and
you've
almost destroyed this group single-handedly. For you to post a list
of
out of context arguments, and lies, and forgeries about your enemies
labled as a "peace effort" has to be one of the craziest stunts
you've
pulled. It's all about your sick need for attention, your need to be
center stage at all times. You'd publicly eat dog turd if you thought
it
would make people look at you."  18 May 2007

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/37e4a720619642a0

30- Elijah Baley: "Seriously, Snit, you need psychiatric help. Go see
doctor."  24 Aug 2006

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/6f6c88356b54fc15

31- Elizabot v2.0.2: "I see you were unable to respond to the points
in
my post and you are back to your repetitious regurgitation mode. How
childishly typical of you, Snit."  16 Nov 2004

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/55214ccfb7414fe5

32- Fa-groon: "I don't read Snit period. He's been killfiled since
the
first day I posted here. [....] I don't want to 'do like Snit'. As
far
as I'm concerned, Snit doesn't even exist."  15 Aug 2009

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/dcfbff305ba8b7f0

33- fibercut: "That is the problem. In the years I have been coming
CSMA I have seen in the past year a real hatred among people, besides
the typical Mac vs. Windows typical argument. I feel that it is like
being in a room of really young children trying there best to best
the
other person. The one common thing among all of this seems to be you.
hate to be like this, but facts are facts. You seem to be in the
middle
of a great percentage of arguments. CSMA has become less about Macs
and
more about "look everybody, I think he lied". Is there no end then
all
this picking at each other on such a personal level. CSMA has always
been al little adversarial but you have personally crank it up to the
point that this place is no longer fun. Congratulations on stopping
CSMA
and making this place your own personal circus."  12 Jan 2006

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/bbe695bbc3424ab6

34- Geezer:
Snit: "Steve Carroll has no sense of morality"
Geezer: "Whined the guy who cannot directly address those who uncover
his lies and deceit;)"
Snit: "and no clue about the law."
Geezer: 'Said the guy who believes his unsupported opinions are
"proof".
LOL! (snip more of Snit's unsupported lies)'  1 Jan 2009

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/d0517ced5134934d

35- Geoff M. Fitton (COLA): "The Prescott Computer Guy *still*
showing
how stupid he is... What a mar00n".  30 Aug 2008

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/f9401b4b57c59865

36- George Graves: "Jason. You have started an argument with the Snit
(AKA Michael Glasser), this should not be done. He will drive you
crazy
with his twisted logic, his deep-rooted need to be ALWAYS right at
any
cost. He will move goalposts, set up strawmen, and bore you into
submission with his endless pedanticism. The only way to engage him
is
to hit and run. NEVER engage him, it's a futile, empty procedure that
will only anger you and feed him. Take my advice and STAY AWAY!"   27
Oct 2004

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/3d3af33ce25a11fd

37- gimme_this_gimme_that: "Hitting the vodka tonight Snit?"  4 Mar
2007

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/b457a7b378264794

38- Glenn Hall (COLA): "That person is like a constantly running
toilet
that won't stop. Does he ever stop talking about UI consistency? No
matter what anyone replies, he adds a few more branches to the spider
web as it grows and grows. It's a waste of time."  31 Oct 2010

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/c8dd8a244fe1eb2c

39- Greycloud: "You really shouldn't lie like that. Everyone else
notices that you are not honest and you have no honor."  21 Jan 2006

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/3b92f11a1ab00f91

40- H: "Your crappy posts are still showing up in seperate threads,
are
you doing this on purpose to piss people off? I dont ever censor
people
cause that's just retarded but if you dont fix it I'm gonna have to
cause I dont wanna see your name 40 times in a row. So uh, change
your
client or something".  12 Sep 2004

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/f36ee6b458c86499

41- Hadron (COLA): "Would you please stop the whining. FFS he has you
jumping to his every post. How many more fucking times are you going
post the same repetitive garbage? Please ..at least change the record
sometimes!!!!!!!"  13 Aug 2010

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/1e0ecbb776623473

41- Hadron (COLA): "I'm not coming to the rescue of anyone. I have
Snit
killfiled for his repeated reposts of the same text time and time
again."  24 Aug 2011

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/e99833d90612ee35

42- Henry Flam: "You on the other hand must be a deeply troubled
individual who has a fragile ego. I needn't agree nor disagree with
the
points above. I don't care about them. Your constant complaints,
whines,
rages, etc., wars with the regular Mac advocates, whom you mislabel
as
trolls, arise from your sense that any conversation or thread must
orbit
around you. People have pointed that out to you but you don't accept
that.  Snit I feel sorry for you. Please go and see a doctor about
your
solipsism. There must be a cure for you deep psychological travail."
18
Aug 2006

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/b9bb48e6e6da75c8

43- Heywood Mogroot: "*plonk*"  Aug 19 2004

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/d8afd909a308b97f

44- -hh: 'Perversion has utterly nothing to do with the definition of
"synonymous".  It is, however, a very clear example of how you
attempt
to maliciously debase against anyone who disagrees with you.  As such,
consider this to be a purposeful attempt by you to try to libel me.
This is your only warning to consider rescinding your remark, with
the
reminder that you, and you alone are responsible for that accusation,
both in the ethical as well as the full legal meaning of the word
"responsible".'  25 Feb 2008

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/5496641a3426293a

45- High Plains Thumper: "Agreed except for Snit and socks (Joe Crump
and ad nauseum). I've got Snit kill binned, because he is the classic
ad
hominem troll. At first he seems reasonable, but then it always
degrades
into name calling bullying, the responder is a liar, etc. AKA the
Snit
Circus of Pathological Lies. Perhaps the times he seems reasonable
are
when he is properly controlled by medication."  21 Sep 2010

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/249a598ec5aafe85

46- Homer (COLA): "I don't mean this as a personal insult, but I'm
perfectly serious when I say 'Snit' (Michael Glasser) is obviously
mentally ill, and needs help.  I was going to suggest that someone
alerts his wife to the problem, but I have to assume she's already
aware
of his condition, if she is in fact still living with him. It's
possible, I suppose, that he's already undergoing counselling and/or
on
medication, but if he is then it doesn't seem to be helping much.
Maybe
he just missed his 'meds' today (again, I mean that sincerely)."  26
Jan
2009

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/e061874ea94e9ce8

Homer: "Word of advice for anyone concerned: don't be tempted to get
drawn into a Snit circus, it's literally a waste of time. He's just
an
attention seeker who'll keep stringing you along, in a never-ending
circle of obtuse questions, for which he has no genuine interest in
the
answers."  14 Oct 2010

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/0d06eb2e900e3058

47- hophead: "I have been reading and occasionally posting to CSMA for
long time now, since 1995 at least. There have always been trolls and
morons, but I've never seen anything quite so disruptive as the Snit
circus. Snit will *never* back down or stop, and neither will most of
his opponents.  A good kill file is your only hope."  20 Aug 2009

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/3161a78667e299eb

48- Jamie Hart (cola): "It seems that since you are unable to offer
support for your statements, you're reduced to personal attacks on
me.
Incidentally, anyone reading this post can see that I have offered no
straw men, and have only asked you to explain how the things you
state
as facts can be true. I'm really sorry that you're taking this
attitude,
the topic is an interesting one and I thought you might have some
insights. I've snipped the rest, since you dislike long posts and
avoid
answering any of the questions I asked by saying everything was just
repeated."  6 Dec 2006

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/8e07cde31f4eecf6

49- Jason McNorton: "You're one of the many, many paranoid people on
usenet that should be confined most likely. You sit there and refresh
your screen endlessly. You post the same nonsense over and over.
Either
you're a super troll, or you're a super mess."  1 Nov 2004

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/7a8e091c0b248eb0

50- JEDIDIAH (cola): "You're simply full of shit."  27 Feb 2006

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/cdddf5fd04d9afcb

51- Jeff B.: "Yo, Snit. We're not pals. I think you're a git."  23
Dec
2005

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/0ec649345d433a2d

52- Jeff Hoppe: "This is a Macintosh Advocacy newsgroup. Not a 12-
step
recovery plan. Your medical problems or conditions won't help me
achieve
a greater understanding of my Mac. In fact, it detracts from it and
those kinds of discussions have no place in a newsgroup such as
this."

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/947a2cc0301a2862

53- Jesus: "Really, Snit. It's annoying. What are you accomplishing
besides being annoying? Is that your goal?"  25 Apr 2007

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/e3d5029d34cde243

54- Jim Lee Jr.: "Snit, read the thread's title, is Bush mentioned in
it? You (and Carroll) ought to learn to stay on topic and not hijack
threads."

55- Jim Polaski: "Why is it that nearly every thread you're involved
in
seems like it turns into some tit-for-tat, dozens of responses to OT
things and garbage? Cmon there Snit. Someone has to take the lead and
stop this crap. Try. How about it?"  25 Apr 2006

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/5b5c22490ab9649b

56- Jim Richardson (cola): "And yet again, Snit runs away, rather
than
actually provide evidence for his claims. Par for the course I
suppose."

"Evasion noted. Snit runs away again rather than produce evidence for
his claims.  At least come up with some original insults Snit! I
mean,
you *are* capable of original thoughts! Right? Snit?"  8 Feb 2008

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/e33321cc3343fc44

57- Joey Jojo Junior Shabadoo: "and Snithead has even farther to fall
-
in a few weeks he'll be out on the street after midnight, yelling at
passersby 'sucky sucky, $2...'"  23 Mar 2005

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/57cf69f66571a5a7

58- John C. Randolph: "You're nothing but a troll yourself. What are
you
bitching about?"  1 Dec 2005

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/12ba528be5ad2665

59- JohnOfArc (cola): "I'm not sure "troll" does it justice- more like
black hole! But hey, if we all promise to never again even entertain
an
unkind thought re Apple, will you take it back and lock it up?
Please??"

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/e2891b1f3984e121

60- John Q. Public: "I have not been bothered to read Snit's postings
since I figured out who he is. I don't bother to filter his posts, I
just consider the source and skip to the next one when I see his
name."

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/7d34c1bd05c877d2

61- John Slade: "I don't get posts from Snit. I wouldn't be shocked
that
he has some kind of disorder. He made up stuff about being a computer
repairman and teacher. He's just plain loony and best ignored. Let
him
deal with his disorder by medication. He's here to do one thing, get
attention from people. He says the crazy stuff just to get a
reaction.
You say you like to beat him over the head. Well that's what he's
counting on, he says stuff he knows isn't true in hopes to get a rise
out of people like you. Ignore him, you won't regret it."  3 Apr 2007

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/394a53a65c28d314

John Slade: "Snit, you have a enough problems as it is without adding
drinking booze to the list. How the hell did you manage to get out of
my
killfile? Oh well back into the cage you go, PLONK."  13 Oct 2007

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.food.wine/msg/992a796786a541d8

62- Josh McKee: "I have no strawman so therefore it has to be in your
mind. .... What is obnoxious are your posts."  26 Jul 2006

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/3665b9e002d27c44

63- K E: "I haven't read this board for awhile but I see that even
though the trolls still roam free at least the worst troll of the lot
is
mostly being ignored by readers on this bb. If the few stragglers
that
keep replying to him would just stop responding to Snit at all this
place could be worth coming back to. There's a good chance he'll pack
up
and take his trolling to more fertile ground."  22 Oct 2006

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/0b9dca7df1f677f4

64- KK: 'Whoa there, ad hominem man.  You started off your sentence
with
"Ah" like you'd just realized something profound.'  29 Oct 2008

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.fan.howard-stern/msg/6a89029a5b5be5f8

65- Kelsey Bjarnason (cola): "Funny how you simply don't bother
reading
the posts that rip your entire thesis to bleeding gobbets of putrid
excrescence. Maybe some day you'll learn how to support your
position,
instead of sticking your fingers in your ears and humming, hoping
it'll
all go away."  7 Mar 2006

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/96d064a7a5c6074a

66- Ku Karlovsky (cola): "You repeatedly chastise others for ad
hominem
attacks while in the same sentence make your own ad hominem attacks.
You
make silly claims and then avoid the subject of your silliness. You're
liar and a hypocrite and you always have been."  14 Jul 2005

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/d1e3f9ac5c72c6ee

67- Lars Trager: "Yes, you are stupid."  7 Jan 2006

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/a9bedf6689f9a54f

68- Lawrence D'Oliveiro (COLA): "You seem to be full of complaints
about
your inability to hold up your end
  of the argument, aren=C3=A2=E2=82=AC=E2=84=A2t you?"  16 Mar 2011

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/8ca5f48099696228

69- Lefty Bigfoot: "Okay, I tried to put up with it for a long time,
but
the few times you post something worth reading just aren't worth it
anymore. *plonk*"  16 Dec 2006

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/5520adae01120e83

70- Liam Slider (cola): "Maybe he's responding to the fact you've
been
an annoying little fuckwit lately. You started out with the pretense
of
trying to be fair, but lately all there is from you in COLA is
trashtalk
about Linux and you acting every bit the troll."  16 Jul 2005

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/ad7d6c42c5e4cf2f

71-libcrushersmith: "Snit also thinks Dan Rather still anchors CBS
News
and that Gitmo terrorists are innocent!  Any time Snit is cornered,
he
changes the subject and will never admit he's wrong."  28 Jan 2009

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/fbc516717f3b7ccf

72- libsnightmare: "You're a sore loser who has resorted to fifth
grade
tactics. How fucking sad - all this clown has left is to edit posts
and
post fake bullshit. You can't debate... so you lie. Once again, you
have
proved Steve Carroll right about you. Sad..."  4 May 2009

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/a80c93f80bd6bc3e

73- Linonut (cola): "Snit may be the first retraction of my general
killfile amnesty. The volume of cavilling, whining, foot-stomping,
back-tracking, goal-post shifting, and petulance generated by that
effete candy-ass beggars belief".  30 Aug 2008

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/cc4827fd7e8ad574

74- Lloyd Parsons: "Well, I don't know if Oxford is the most
cretinous,
I would think that would be reserved for Snit! ;-)"  18 Mar 2005

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/b6cd3ac4bf1e08d6

75- Lewis: "hasn't this fight been going on for like 8 years now? I
don't think anything is ever going to fix snit."  02 Mar 2010

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/98ef8bca6b3a9b34

76- Lusotec (COLA): "You have started threads on this subject many
times, and many times it has been explained to you how X copy & paste
should work and how bugs in a application are not bugs in the system,
but still you return to this subject and post the same false
statements."  09 Mar 2011

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/37032133fbe9db92

77- Marious Barrier (COLA): "I must recognize that it is the first
time
I see that kind of troll, once that start asking moderately serious
questions and since the first answer, gradually starts to degenerate
it
by, in many failed attempts of being sarcastic, inserting various
indirect insults and calling all people ignorant and unable to answer
what he asks for."  14 Oct 2010

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/c6607ea64f436821

78- Mark Kent (cola): "The problem with someone like Mr Glasser is
the
same as it is with Mr Wong, even if he were to be honest now, it
would
be impossible to determine where the honesty starts and the usual
dishonesty ends. In my primary school, one of the teachers was very
keen
on proverbs, and I recall her going over the "cry wolf" story. Mr
Glasser could "cry wolf" over and over now, and I would not come to
help
him with his sheep, because I do not know any way of determining if
he's
ever telling the truth, or indeed, if he ever has."  2 Dec 2006

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/3f30aa1b65a972b3

79- Marti Van Lin (COLA): "I paid enough attention to Snit IMHO. I
killfiled him the very first month I started lurking COLA. I find his
nitpicking and immature behavior extremely annoying. I am not going
torture myself reading his bullshit. Snit is also a proven liar.
Remember his retarded exif debacle." 08 Jul 2011

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/d12622df3671359b

80- Mayor of R'lyeh: "The fact is that he's probably pulling it to
this
post since its all about him and he managed to make me think about
him
today. A friend of mine has a toddler. I went over to her house and
videotaped her kid doing a bunch of cute toddler stuff then burned a
DVD
of it for her. While we were watching the DVD her kid got mad. He got
mad because we quit making him the center of attention and made that
kid
on the tv the center of attention. He even ran up to the tv and tried
block our view of it. That's how Snit lives his whole life."  30 Sep
2006

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/9935f4154d5a290b

81- McGarnagle: "And you know when Snit is endorsed by two of the
biggest nutjobs in AGA - RichL and El Kabong - you know he's not very
bright and a loon." 31 Oct 2008

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.guitar.amps/msg/e60a33341bff1309

82- Michelle Ronn: "The real topic here is that one someone refutes
your
'facts', you run away and ignore them. Refuting your 'facts' is
easily
done in this case. I did it, and you ignored it."  9 Feb 2007

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/c050c82720737b32

83- Mike: "Nonsense. I never see you "advocate" anything. All I see
you
doing is engage in endless semantic arguments with everyone. You're
the
TholenBot of CSMA. BTW, that's *not* a compliment!"  8 Jul 2006

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/7c5b72d70b87ffbd

84- Mike Dee: "I will no longer accuse you of lying here. Instead I
can
only say that you are a complete and delusional kook that happens to
inhabit CSMA for the time being. That you are unaware of how deranged
you actually behave further reinforces this notion. Please seek
professional help."

"The point that keeps whooshing over your head Snit, is Elizabot made
no
threat to you before you went to the police. She made a promise.
Admittedly, to your delusional spaced out paranoiac view point,
Elizabot
was suddenly "threatening" to you. In so much as you had to take your
kooky self down to your local police shop and blub on their shoulders
about how much in danger you were in [sob, whine], and they had to
waste
valuable policing time consoling you over your stupidity. I bet they
have Kook with a capital "K" written at the top of your profile,
Snit."

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/9cf45bc88a324f40

85- mmoore321: "Snit is a human car-accident and we are all
rubbernecking. We know it is bad form, but yet strangely curious.
Treat
him the same way, look but just keep moving on."  18 Aug 2006

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/f1c3041d89504c07

86- Mojo: "Actually, these facts piss everybody off because they are
off-topic, unnecessarily confrontational, extremely boring and
clearly
show that you are crying out for attention."  20 Sep 2006

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/a38f07b9a4811a80

87- Mr. Blonde: "Lastly, I can't help but comment on the fact that
your
obsession with Sandman has actually grown since you claimed to KF
him.
Killfilling someone generally implies you're ignoring that person,
yet
you piggyback onto virtually every reply to him here and and check
his
website's validation status more often than most people check their
e-mail. These are not the actions of a mentally balanced individual."

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/2b005666ab303e2b

88- MR_ED_of_Course: "Seriously, spend half a day at any pre-school
or
kindergarten and see if the kids there can't teach you a thing or two
about social behavior."  16 May 2004

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/55c03a6a0b7813a4

89- Muahman: "Ahhhh shit, another thread lost to the Snit retard
circus!!!  I actually dread seeing Snit reply to a thread because
that
automatically means it's in the toilet."  8 Jul 2009

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/92e776d521dfa701

90- Mutley (AUK): "For the record ... I'll be done when I decide that
there's more shit on your face than there is on the sole of my shoe."

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/1802ad3aa000098b

91- Nashton/Nasht0n: "Oh for crying out loud, if I wasn't convinced
that
snit is a total loser, and I rarely call people losers, I certainly
am
now. Why bother responding to his stupidities anyway?"  29 Nov 2004

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/be1a326a81441508

92- nessuno (COLA):
Chris Ahlstrom: "Have you ever noticed that threads involving Snit,
[...] are a basically a waste of time?
nessuno: "Yep. I don't read them."  29 May 2011

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/2f997598f0e25f9d

93- New Bee: "Honest and honorable? You? You've either got a wry
sense
of humor, or you're completely nuts. Either way you're just a waste
of
time, and you've done more than anybody to make this group a
cesspool.
Then you revel in wallowing in your own filth."  14 May 2007

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/2856277b085d0274

94- none of your buisiness (COLA): "I am sorry, but I am going to
have
to send you to the bin. You're perpetrating the Snit circus by
responding to all of his assinine posts. He is only here for one
reason,
to disrupt this group, & you are helping him, as well as flatfish."
04
Jan 2011

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/a9b40ce46612fdc4

95- Not Important: "I get this mental image of you and a sibling as
children in the back seat of the family car saying:
Mom, 'snits' touching me ... and you responding much as you do
now ...
I'm not touching you, you're touching me! The problem is that by now
you
should've grown out of that type of poke and complain interaction
with
others. But, of course, you've haven't learned how to interact with
others in a more 'constructive' and mutually beneficial manner even
now."  03 Jul 2007

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/d16279e9003ca8f4

96- notlisted (COLA): "I actually like Apple.  But I see you as an
asshole who spends an embarassing percentage of your life posting
derogatory comments about a computer operating system you obviously
detest, and insulting those who defend it in a newsgroup dedicated
its
advocacy.  That's almost the definition of being an asshole, and you
have half a dozen buddies who do the same thing.  You excuse what you
do
by pretending that you're merely pointing out problems in the hope
that
the system will be improved, but that's an obvious lie whether it's
you
saying it or one of your buds.  You do it because you enjoy the
feeling
it gives you, whatever that is."  07 Mar 2011

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/90b57eaa796e8b14

97- OldCSMAer: "What's he been doing? Am I going to be sorry I
killfiled
him?"  27 Nov 2006

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/23b808d9646cd257

98- OldSage: "What drives me nuts is your unrelenting ability and
desire
to argue on the head of a pin about the most trivial of things."  2
Oct
2007

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/88457f8e7c25273e

99- Oxford: "If you are using MT-Newswatcher:  Select offending
Author,
example Snit...  Go to the Filters Menu, Choose 'Kill this Author'
Click 'OK'  Then Repeat with each annoying Author of your choice.
Then
to see your work... Choose the Filter Menu again, Then 'Refilter
Articles'...  Bam! No more boring, pointless bickering about nothing.
Enjoy!!!!!"  14 Aug 2004

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/1d7f9181e95ed9ec

100- Owl (COLA): "You have interacted with me often enough to know
that
I never initiate personal attacks.  I generally respond in kind.  It
is
you who usually fall off the civility wagon first, with your
ironically
condescending canned responses that do nothing for your argument and
generally shine a spotlight on the desperation that you are so
fearful
of projecting."  5 Mar 2011

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/8debf93e05da4d26

Owl (COLA): "You are a complete idiot and extremely dishonest.
Consider
yourself permanently plonked."  29 Mar 2011

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/ba7797c5108b3c10

101- Patrick Nihill: "I mean, honestly, who would you rather discuss
something with; Dan, or someone like Zara? Or, for that matter, Snit,
for whom the work 'troll' seems so painfully inadequate?"  13 Aug 2006

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/f93db68e683ad769

102- Pawel Wojciak: "Jesus Christ, snit... <plonk> "  27 Jun 2006

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/93afdfea4d4f491a

103- PC Guy: "Forget it Snit, you're a waste of time. For someone who
talks about everyone else not being "honest and honorable" you appear
be the least honest and honorable of anyone here."  22 Apr 2007

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/36bf51df2a2662a4

104- Peter: "I've never felt the need to use the filters in
Newswatcher
but I thought Id try the Kill this Author.. option with Snit. Ten
seconds later and he's gone! Amazing."  30 Dec 2004

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/011eef01d7bcd56c

105- Peter Bjorn Perlso: "Plonked for 60 days. Now stfu and take your
argument with sandman into the private room."  13 Dec 2006

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/ae4651ec99be3c77

106- Peter Hayes: "True, but that removes Snit completely, and
someti...
err..... occasiona.... errrrr..... once in a blue moon he has
something
useful to say."  20 Mar 2007

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/8a31a47e26c5f5b7

107- Peter Jensen (cola): "Where has he ever said that they were not
different windowing environments? Message-ID, please. Experience has
told me not to trust you on anything without backing evidence."  30
Jun
2005

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/cfd5de2006d42fdc

108- Peter Kohlmann (cola): "Snot Glasser is invading this group with
his inane drivel, so he has to bear what people think about that
dishonest retard. And just for the record: You *are* a Glasser sock"
30
Jan 2010

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/f3166f6fda92641b

109- PeterBP: "Oh will you stfu".  30 Mar 2008

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/3e88e9a86cb5483e

110- Phil Earnhardt: "You're only interested in trying to get
superficial snipes and extrapolate inappropriate conclusions."  1 Nov
2004

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/ad24a97d5dc86277

111- Rapskat (cola): "For instance, your sig you reference a long
standing war you have going with some person from csma. It's like you
single out persons to target your attentions upon and then
continuously
berate them with constant barbs and goads to perpetuate their
acrimonious responses, which in turn you respond in kind, etc. ad
infinitum. Above all things, your affinity for Macs and your
overbearing
pompous nature aside, this is what convinces me that your primary
purpose for frequenting this and other groups is to troll."  07 Sep
2005

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/a09c6b8e3e63f42d

112- RichardK: "Just killfile him already."  20 Jun 2006

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/1c9e7ded2e95a582

113- Rick (cola): "Snit, you are a liar. And an ignorant one. You
trash
people that are trying their level best to cope with a horrendous
situation. And you do it without the slightest idea of what is going
on."  06 Sep 2005

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/fcad2955ac5cb03b

114- Rick G.: "Just to be plain here, I have no doubt that he is a
troll. I am tolerant of his nature, not blind to it. However, as a
troll, he is ... somewhat clumsy."  22 Mar 2005

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/198b88e3d0064a92

115- Robert F.: "Um, perhaps you misunderstand. I don't care if you
quote Mayor McCheese claiming the Earth is a flat plate perched on
the
shell of a tortoise, I was merely pointing out that you run the risk
of
looking ridiculous when you quote something patently stupid. If
that's
your goal, you're on the right track, and more power to you."  11 Jan
2006

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/4dc22433eae8803d

116- RonB (COLA): "Snit is a crank fixated on one issue, who's thing
is
twisting your words so he can win an argument against a straw man.
That's enough to killfile him." 1 Jan 2009

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.usenet.kooks/msg/ce8550d4cc5b1b42

RonB: (COLA): "Why do you bother responding to Snit? He makes no
point,
he simply gainsays whatever you say. Just another version of Hadron's
'you're a liar' mantra, which is about all he can muster nowadays."
27
May 2010

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/279210dd877d7aa0

RonB (COLA): "Original subject line now killfiled. You can only talk
about the freaking clipboard for so many million freaking messages. As
said, Snit has no common-sense, STOP mechanism. He's a mechanically
obsessive super crank and will go on forever. I'm not kidding about
this, he will *NEVER* *ever* stop."  6 Mar 2011

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/0df1e0164a8b586e

117- Rotten Apple: "You make trolls like me look like choir boys."
14
Sep 2009

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/7a92988bcbce8fdb

118- Roy Culley (cola): "You appear to be in the latter category.
Starting crossposted threads for the simple purpose of hoping to
generate a flame war. If you truly want to learn more about Linux and
how it can help you and your supposed users why aren't you requesting
help from a more technical Linux newsgroup than an advocacy group? As
the old saying goes, those who can do, those who can't teach. Your
posts
seem to confirm that saying IMHO."  12 Mar 2005

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/d521a80051e24d08

119- S'mee (Keith, rec.motorcycles): "Liar...forger and worthless.
You
must be related to our resident racist troll, he lies as much as
you."

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/ab08c00330c8b58d

120- Sandman: "He is by far the most killfiled person in the -
HISTORY-
of csma. I've never seen someone so disliked, almost hated, in a news
group before. He has the ability to turn just about any person
against
him in just a few posts. On usenet, trolls do this daily, but the
funny
part with Michael is that I actually think he DOESN'T consider
himself
be a troll - damn what -EVERYONE ELSE- is calling him. Obviously they
are wrong. Only Tholen himself can match this behaviour."  18 Mar 2005

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/51c0735c774215c2

121- sav: "You really need to take a rest somewhere nice. Honestly,
even
the nutters who hang out down on Brighton seafront made more sense
than
this. You been doing drugs or something?"  25 May 2006

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/1b251baa5c641370

122- Sean Burke: If you're dumb enough to respond to snit, you're
probably dumb enough to click on a spam attachment that promises to
remove smut from your harddrive."  21 Jan 2005

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/e166032d8959c0e1

123- Sermo Malifer (COLA):
Snit: "Why do so many people in COLA argue *against* me..."
Sermo Malifer: "Because you're a narcissistic troll who posts trash
just
to get people talking about you."  21 Jan 2009

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/5ddf14f502e9b3f1

124- spike1: "As for the original post, there's plenty of reason
thought
and criteria. The reason is snit's here. The thought is probably to
show
everyone here just how bad a troll snit is."  03 Dec 2006

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/c797d640e3b9fc12

125- ShutterBugz: "so snit-zel has some kind of problem expressing
anger, i guess. he has to vent his frustrations in other ways. and he
thinks he's making sense: well the syntax is there and he figures
he's
pretty smart. indeed, he tells us, he's done the personality tests
and
the iq tests and he's okay! aaaaahhhhh, you see he's soooooooo well
adjusted."  3 Mar 2004

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/7f9fa1cf90490298

126- Steel (COLA): "You may not like the game, but nevertheless, it's
just a game. You play a game yourself don't kid yourself."  14 Oct
2010

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/be1f49165984c350

127- Steve Carroll: "Snit isn't much more than a one trick pony and
not
telling the whole story is one of his two main tricks. His other main
trick is to outright lie. Sprinkle in a bit of denial and you've gone
long way towards defining his MO.  The idea that Snit admits to his
errors is one of the biggest jokes on usenet."  28 Feb 2010

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/0cc84ece10726aac

128- Steve Mackay: "Just killfile Snit, the dishonest piece of
elephant
dung, and all would go away. Sure, I got caught up in the "Snit
Circus",
but then the cotton candy began to sour, and CSMA begun to smell like
elephant dung."  18 Aug 2004

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/9fc11094133dfcdf

129- Steven de Mena: "Sorry, you have now lost all credibility with
me
for your rediculous argument regarding this."  26 Sep 2006

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/1c8777d39c34e293

130- Steve Travis: "Oh oh...  Now look what we've done.  Snit has
lost
all self respect and has sunk to the point of using words like
'asses'
when referring to others.  Oh, how could the morally superior snit
have
fallen so low..  Please take a moment out of your busy schedule to
feel
embarassed for him.  Or perhaps we should set up a fund to get him
more
happy glue (and the appropriate plastic bags)."  27 Mar 2005

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/3edd9ab69425a6c5

131- Stuart Krivis: "You might as well just give up and plonk him
then.
A snit is a snit is a snit and always will be."  15 Aug 2006 (post
not
available except in reply)

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/5b382420a696f140

132- Tattoo Vampire (COLA): "In other words, in another attempt to
troll, you made yourself look like a fool. Again".  28 Aug 2008

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/b2676d3540e09f38

133- thanatoid: "Is business/personal life/etc. SO bad that you had
create Snit? I really thought higher of you until Snit came in here,
in
fact I find your site very nice and wish there was a shop like yours
where I live (well, I /think/...) Or is Snit really just someone
whose
HD you accidentally wiped? Either way, it seems to have created a lot
of, for lack of a better word, unpleasantness - just from looking at
today's headers."  02 Jul 2008

http://groups.google.com/group/24hoursupport.helpdesk/msg/1c43a7415c97bfa1

134- The Lost Packet (COLA): "well, he's found a seat in my killbin,
can't be doing with him."  27 Jan 2009

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/2007526a552b3322

135- TheLetterK: "That is merely your perception, Shit. You're the
one
lacking counter evidence, and your arguments basically amount to "I'm
right, nya nya nya." No matter how many examples someone points at to
demonstrate their claim, you blindly continue to insist that they
provide no evidence, or that the evidence given is irrelevant. Worse
still, you fall back on straw men and disingenuous quote mangling to
portray the argument in your favor. You are one of the worst trolls
that
inhabit CSMA, Shit. *Edwin* is more prone to fits of reason than you
are."  23 Sep 2006

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/d488596b57132124

136- Thufir: "You can "prove" that no one has disproved your "proof"?
Again, your assertion that no one has done so is even *less*
convincing
than your claim that some PDF "proves" whatever point you're trying
make precisely because I'm familiar with your MO. That is, you're a
dumb-ass who would claim that that something is proved when it's not,
and who would ignore counter-examples disproving your contention. I
don't know what this *ages old* thread is about, but I know that
you're
full of shit."  21 Aug 2008

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/5114623055c01092

137-Tim Adams: "I'd kill file you but then I'd miss the fun. you see,
you never cease to amaze me at just how stupid you really are. Why
just
the other day I had a great laugh when I saw you, the king of liars
(in
this NG anyway) calling somebody else a liar."  13 Nov 2004

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/40c7f9407179ff2a

138- Tim Crowley: "I don't know - I think you might have more
compassion. Snit is sick. He needs help. This is the only way the
poor
sick fool can get attention. My fucking God, he's taken to hanging
out
with and supporting racist pig fuckers like MuahMuah. It is true that
no-one likes him and those that pretend they do are just using him or
don't know him - but come on- it's not his fault. He's sick. Have
some
compassion, eh? All these idiot trolls, Zara, Stew, Tommy,
MuaaaahMuaaah, and Snit - they are all so alike. I pity each and
every
one of them"  19 Apr 2006

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/67f0f174110bfa0a

139- Tim Smith: "No, he didn't, and there is no reasonable way you
could
actually believe he lied. You are purely trying to troll here."  14
Apr
2006

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/6e3cfd9240ac4871

140- Timberwoof: "Plonk, Snit."  23 Apr 2006

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/40c8df070c3e776c

141- tom_elam: "Killfile Steve C. and Snit"  07 Jul 2006

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/b50d0c973d21d995

142- TomB (COLA): "No Snit, you were flat out lying in an attempt to
make me look bad. Do you really have to sink to that level in order
'be right'? If so, you're pathetic. And I don't say this because I
like
to say it."  07 Feb 2010

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/43263f575ac40353

143- Tom Bates: "Do you have to turn any thread you post in into one
of
your Circus acts?"  20 Feb 2006

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/25f0e481b605e71f

144- Tommy: "In case you did not get it, I think the moral was: Stop
polluting the world with your infantile and obsessive "writings". You
give Mac advocacy a bad name. If that was your goal you have
succeeded!
That also goes for all that bullshit on your website"  11 Jun 2004

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/03610d2080321d33

145- Tony(UK) (COLA): "Your email address in your headers just about
sums the Linux world up. Nothing to do with the OS, it is the
*uckwits
involved in the whole arena and have posted before on this. If in
doubt,
deride, insult and attack. Look inwardly carefully before judging
me."

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/533042ed18cefba3

146- TravelinMan: "I still can't figure out what's wrong with Snit.
Most
people have him kill-filed and the few who don't mostly restrict
their
what
would keep someone in this group with all of that animosity? Must be
some kind of severe mental illness."  17 Mar 2005

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/45197fbb46d491df

147- Wally: "Because by your own admission "honor and honesty" are
nothing more than a "game" to you, as such not only do you wish to
define the rules, but no doubt you will also attempt to alter or bend
the rules when inevitably things do not go to your liking, for this
reason I doubt anyone would be foolish enough to play your game."  16
May 2004

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/b9b3ed1ee20e5220

148- White Spirit (COLA): "Snit deserves a good beat-down, Rodney
King
style. I have had to plonk the worthless piece of Snit to prevent my
monitor being defiled with the presence of his idiotic, narcissistic
tripe."  24 Aug 2011

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/2e3adbaae4bfb91d

149- WhoMe: "F michael IS a teacher, it's no wonder he's home more
than
he's anywhere near a classroom".

150- William Poaster: "Good grief. If anyone's having a mental
breakdown
it's the Prescott Computer Guy, Michael Snit Glasser. What a f#cked
up
mess he is."  29 Aug 2008

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/914d1e74855fb461

151- William R. Walsh: "Now, if you'll excuse me, and accept my
sincere
apologies for this, PLONK! Feel proud about that. You're the first
person to be plonked from my new computer!  :-)  "  10 Feb 2005

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/313c7368f6369c49

152- Woofbert: "*Plonk*"  14 Jun 2004

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/436e6b5333d747e0

153- zara: "Look - I'm not into combing through thousands of posts,
prove what was said or not said - I leave stuff like that to people
without lives, like Snit. But it is assuredly, in the record. Ping
Snit
to do a search - you will flatter him, and give meaning to his tawdry
little life."  25 Oct 2006

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/a1d4fc7120a6a538

154- Zaren Ankleweed: "And with that, Snit goes in the global
killfile.
No subject, no author, no nothing. Buh-bye".  11 Sep 2004

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/12f7c34f24d43624

155- Znu: "The Snit Circus has gotten particularly bad as of late.
When
I set up my filters to kill all of Snit's posts, plus direct replies
them (which is how I'm keeping things from now on), nearly 40% of the
most recent 1000 articles in CSMA go out the window. .... In all,
something like 50% of the traffic in this group is now related to
Snit
insanity. .... I killfile Edwin because I don't have a patience to
have
discussions with someone who deliberately tries to waste my time. But
watching *other people* tie him knots can be entertaining. The
Snit-related posts are not like this. They are endless repetitions of
the exact same material and/or arguments dating back *years* about
who
said what."  20 Apr 2008

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/9244dd79c682b2d6

Archived here:

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/85eb8039aa570cce

0
fretwizzer (2810)

Choices, choices, choices ...
Lectoribus Salutem, I was directed to this forum from comp.arch by one of your regulars, Joe Seigh, because of the following question: Given that you want to have a RA*S* (i.e., Reliable, Available and *Scalable* OS), how would you perform the following task on a ~100 CPU SMP machine: "Measure the number of instances of <some> kernel event" 1. You create a system wide single counter protected by a single system wide lock to keep track of the occurences of said event. 2. You create a processor-local counter of said event, and, in case you want to summarize system wide, sum the counters in the user space application and present them to the user. Please, discuss. Note that I'm not a regular of your newsgroup, so it's advisable to cc me if you have an answer different from the obvious .... -- Toon Moene - e-mail: toon@moene.indiv.nluug.nl - phone: +31 346 214290 Saturnushof 14, 3738 XG Maartensdijk, The Netherlands Maintainer, GNU Fortran 77: http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/g77_news.html A maintainer of GNU Fortran 95: http://gcc.gnu.org/fortran/ > 2. You create a processor-local counter of said event, and, in case > you want to summarize system wide, sum the counters in the user > space application and present them to the user. This would be one way to go. The contention on a single system wide lock would be very bad. If the counter is small enough to be modified by atomic ops.....

Time for me to upgrade... Choices, choices, choices??
Hi there all you tech heads. I am after advice from "those in the know" about a box upgrade that I'm considering. Having being through this once before (and fluffing it with a 733 P3 just after P4 release) and missing any opportunity to make a meaningful (cpu only) upgrade. I "NEED" to spend as little as possible on my initial upgrade of Case, m/b, cpu (low budget), 512mb ddr & hdd. I have a reasonable appreciation of the value of higher fsb, P4 hyper threading and 64 bit 754 XP's, but don't have much of an idea as to the comparative value of the 462 XP's 400fsb, particularly as relates to P4 hyper threading and the likelihood of continuing production of faster (compatible architecture) cpu's that might be supported by my new m/b. i.e.... I understand the risk of architecture redundancy if I get it wrong and am trying to weigh the risk against the savings in cost for the three different options. Search and cost comparisons of local supply options for m/bs that support the potential advances of the three options (together with a desire to get 'off board graphics') are limiting me to low speed cpu's around 1600 - 2000 with lower fsb. This will be my most meaningful upgrade (other than graphics, sound and ram), and I would like to be in the hunt for a 3300+ + upgrade (if available). I guess my question is simply..... are 462 XP's with dual channel cpu's competitive enough (in your collective opinions) with ...

Browser choice should also extend to OS choice
Browser choice should also extend to OS choice ---------------------------------------------- The EU has ruled that its citizens should have browser choice because micoshaft had behaved as an illegal monopoly, and that choice quickly allowed many other browsers to go mainstream. The same is overdue for OS. Micoshaft has illegally twisted suppliers in Taiwan to restrict choice of OS preload. What used to be plentiful cheap netbooks with Linux has been replaced with ugly slow booting windummy OSen on machines that cannot properly run that OSen. Linux on the other hand can. So the EU are still asleep drunk on tax payer money and evading all responsible legal obligations. Even though they know Linux sells very well outside of EU, they have accepted bribes and collusion with micoshaftees to keep Linux from EU and its people so that micoshaft may live. Since browser choice has worked well to create more commerce and wealth, so should OS choice. At boot time on a new machine, you should be presented with a choice of which OSes you want to install and they should happily cooexist with other OSen like what Linux does. Companies like Micoshaft should be fined millions of dollars per day until they fix their OSen so that it can be installed and booted without deleting other OS on a PC. In theory all manufacturers of OSen like RHAT, Ubuntu, Mandriva, Gentoo etc can request micoshaft to repair this issue and micoshaft is obliged to do so inside EU. If they don't fix it, the EU i...

[News] GNU/Linux as the Choice for Those Who Love Choice

[News] Hadrons Running on GNU/Linux, "Linux is our OS of choice"

[News] The Choice of Having No Choice
Microsoft's Ballmer preaches gospel of the rich client ,----[ Quote ] | With Microsoft and Intel we are the holy trinity - Jerry Sanders III, | ex-CEO of AMD | | [...] | | Microsoft is a rich server and Intel and AMD are rich clients. The | rest of us are unlikely to be enriched by their "innovations" | because pretty soon if you want to buy a PC you're going to be | practically forced to buy one with Vista, and with dual cores, | quadruple cores and the rest, simply because the vendors, the | distribution chain, the ISVs and the ODMs are all firmly pledged | to keep thei...

On OS choice
am very disturbed that there are people posting on various forums that Microsoft has been good for the computer industry and that people choose to run Windows. Anyone who thinks that PC users choose to run Windows should go look at the conclusions of law in the Microsoft antitrust trial. http://usvms.gpo.gov/ms-conclusions.html The following excerpt outlines clearly what the state of OS choice/ competition was in 2000, and IMHO still is today. Anyone who thinks that Microsoft has advanced the state of computing by creating one common platform should pay special attention to the part on pric...

Choices$Write,Choices$Path
From Justin >Choices$Write is, generally, set once. Together with Choices$Path it >provides your configuration settings. If they're changed together (or even >independently) then your application won't see the files it saw before, >but it also should be robust and just use the new area. It might not be a >common operation, but you support it because your program is resillient to >such changes. > >[snip] > >> By using a primary Choices variable Myprog$Choices, the user could >> drag the choices destination to RAM or Memphis or set it to default >> Choices$Write. > >No. You read from Choices:<path> and you write to <Choices$Write>.<path>, >and that's the end of the story, pretty much. You absolutely should not >have a single variable pointing to the configuration. A single >variable does not allow you to differentiate between the place that you >read from, and the place that you write to. The two may be different. The >read area may be read only. The read area may be the default >configuration, and the write area is the user-specific configuration. > >You do it that way and everything works for everyone. There are no >special cases where one applications chooses to do it differently because >the author thought they were so special that the rules didn't apply to >them. If you are that special, you make damned sure that you ...

[News] Do OS X and Vista Give Users As Much Choice As Linux?
Install KDE Desktop in Debian Etch ,----[ Quote ] | once it opens the session menu you need to select KDE and click on change | session | | [...] | | Next one is system behaviour and click on next | | [...] | | Select Eyecandy-o-meter and click on next | | [...] | | Select your KDE desktop theme and click on next `---- http://www.debianadmin.com/install-kde-desktop-in-debian-etch.html See the screenshots. ...

Laptop OS: the choice is yours
http://www.xtremenotebooks.com/index.php?section=catagory&include_type=16_inch Now cola has one less excuse. On Sat, 29 Nov 2008 21:49:01 -0500, DFS wrote: > http://www.xtremenotebooks.com/index.php?section=catagory&include_type=16_inch > > Now cola has one less excuse. Those are some super high end laptops alright! After takin' a swig o' grog, Gary M. Stewart belched out this bit o' wisdom: > On Sat, 29 Nov 2008 21:49:01 -0500, DFS wrote: > >> http://www.xtremenotebooks.com/index.php?section=catagory&include_type=16_inch >> >&...

[News] [Linux] Linux the Platform of Choice for Network Processor
Dual-core network processors sample with Linux ,----[ Quote ] | The OpenWRT BSP includes the open U-Boot bootloader, a Linux | 2.6-series kernel, filesystem, drivers, web-based configuration system, | make files, and a VoIP-enabled PBX application. `---- http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS3501901164.html Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com> espoused: > Dual-core network processors sample with Linux > > ,----[ Quote ] >| The OpenWRT BSP includes the open U-Boot bootloader, a Linux >| 2.6-series kernel, filesystem, drivers, web-based configuration system, >...

logic of limiting choices and forcing choices
Hi, I just can not find the set based sql approach to the following application logic: I have a table of choices with id and text, say: 1 coffee 2 tea 3 water 4 juice Now some users have restrictions, for example user 1 is disallowed coffeine. Some Users are forced one choice - user 2 is only allowed water, so there is another type of restriction. This would yield table choicerestrictions (userid, choiceid, tor): 1 2 exclude 1 2 exclude 2 3 force Is this a known application pattern I can read about somewhere? How could I get a result set in one select? This would be far better than doing it in the application. Table design: the force entry in choicerestrictions would be equivalent to exclude choices 1,2 and 4. I prefer a force entry, because it states the logic, and is better when you insert 5 milk into choices. Thanks for your comments. /Str. M. Strobel wrote: > I just can not find the set based sql approach to the following > application logic: > > I have a table of choices with id and text, say: > 1 coffee > 2 tea > 3 water > 4 juice > > Now some users have restrictions, for example user 1 is > disallowed coffeine. Some Users are forced one choice - user 2 is > only allowed water, so there is another type of restriction. > > This would yield table choicerestrictions (userid, choiceid, tor): > 1 2 exclude > 1 2 exclude > 2 3 force > > Is this a known applic...

[News] [Linux] More Users and More Choice in Linux Makes Users Happier
A Linux User in Vista-land: Finishing Up ,----[ Quote ] | And finally, Vista has not gotten it straight with multiple users. In linux | you can simply switch users, over multiple f’s (f7-f11 for X users, | f1-f6 for terminal users). With Vista switching back and forth between | users is nowhere near as quick. Its logout, select user, enter password, | and then see other desktop, with 1-2 second gaps between each of these | operations. `---- http://nosrednaekim.wordpress.com/2007/06/19/a-linux-user-in-vista-land-finishing-up/ Zen of Linux ,----[ Quote ] | The beauty of Linux is that the...

[News] [Linux] Platform of Choice for Mobile Device May Be Linux
Will 2008 be the year of mobile Linux? ,----[ Quote ] | These three operating systems are the world leaders, while players | in the U.S. include BlackBerry and Palm. It seems Linux is a | recurring theme in these articles and it looks like 2008 may | shape up to be the year of the Linux mobile operating system. `---- http://blogs.zdnet.com/mobile-gadgeteer/?p=359 Related: OpenMoko Interface - I'm Loving It! ,----[ Quote ] | It reminds me of one of my favorite Window manager, Enlightenment | with its brushed metal background and such. Looking at OpenMoko, | makes me wanting iPhone les...

OT: Choice or Biology
> > do you have some sources for this information that this condition is > > biological? A good book, although a few years old (1996) is Chandler Burr's "A Separate Creation: The Search for the Biological Origins of Sexual Orientation". Since Wirt mentioned Joan Roughgarden, it's worth mentioning that there's a book out now that's really got her knickers in a knot: Michael Bailey's "The Man Who Would Be Queen: The Science of Gender-Bending and Transsexualism." It doesn't have much about the biological basis of homosexuality, bu...

Choices
I am new to freeBSD. What should I consider using for web server work, 4.x or 5.x. What are the advantages of on over the other? Thanks Deke wrote: > I am new to freeBSD. What should I consider using for web server work, > 4.x or 5.x. What are the advantages of on over the other? Choose 5.3. If you find that something doesn't work (ie. the hardware doesn't work, or some software don't work), then try 4.10. 4.x is the "old technology" stable branch. Everything that works there is good and stable. 5.x is the "new technology" branch. This means that there are a some things in it that you won't find in 4.x. Things like drivers, new filesystems (ufs2, devfs). Good luck! -- Torfinn Ingolfsen, Norway Deke <Deke@nospam.com> writes: > I am new to freeBSD. What should I consider using for web server work, > 4.x or 5.x. What are the advantages of on over the other? > > Thanks For a server I would suggest 4.x, unless your hardware/application requires features from the 5 branch, but you should be thinking of upgrading to 5.x in the next 1-2 years -- Justin Murdock ...

[OT] VDH On Choices
"There is a great divide unfolding between the engine of history and the dumbfounded spectators who are apparently furious at what is going on before their eyes. Mr. Bush's flight suit, Abu Ghraib, claims of "no al Qaeda-Saddam ties," Joe Wilson, and still more come and go while millions a world away inch toward consensual government and civilization. For over a year now, we have witnessed a level of invective not seen since the summer of 1864 - much of it the result of a dying 60's generation's last gasps of lost self-importance. Instead of the "innocent" Rosenbergs and "framed" Alger Hiss we now get the whisk-the-bin-Laden-family-out-of-the-country conspiracy. Michael Moore is a poor substitute for the upfront buffoonery of Abbie Hoffman." http://www.nationalreview.com/hanson/hanson200407090835.asp Cuss and discuss. -- Why settle for the lesser evil? Cthulhu for President 2004 Mayor of R'lyeh wrote: > "There is a great divide unfolding between the engine of history and > the dumbfounded spectators who are apparently furious at what is going > on before their eyes. Mr. Bush's flight suit, Abu Ghraib, claims of > "no al Qaeda-Saddam ties," Joe Wilson, and still more come and go > while millions a world away inch toward consensual government and > civilization. > > For over a year now, we have witnessed a level of invective not seen > since the summer of 1864 - much ...

Choice on desktop Linux
We often hear about choice on desktop Linux. And there are no doubt areas where there is plenty of choice: say ways to manage tasks with virtual desktops and the like. And the choice of having something cheap. But what else? What choices does a desktop Linux system offer that the competition does not? The competing systems *clearly* offer a *massive* amount of choice Linux fails to (we can go into detail here if anyone cares, but I would prefer to keep the focus on desktop Linux choice). So where is the list: choices that enhance productivity, efficiency, and error-reduction. Not saying none exist but would love to see what the "advocates" can come up with. My guess: damned little. -- Never be afraid to raise your voice for honesty and truth and compassion against injustice and lying and greed. If people all over the world... would do this, it would change the earth. -- William Faulkner On Thursday, December 26, 2013 3:21:52 PM UTC-5, Snit wrote: > We often hear about choice on desktop Linux. And there are no doubt areas > > where there is plenty of choice: say ways to manage tasks with virtual > > desktops and the like. And the choice of having something cheap. > > > > But what else? What choices does a desktop Linux system offer that the > > competition does not? The competing systems *clearly* offer a *massive* > > amount of choice Linux fails to (we can go into detail here if...

OT: The Proper Choice
I read this on Friday and though that I would share. Regardless of individual personal thoughts or ideals, we all have the ability to make choices. The best possible New Year's Resolution. Simple .. I stole it from Og Mandino many years ago. "Use wisely your power of choice." The greates influences on the direction your life takes during this year will come from the choices you make every single day of our life. Your lifestyle, your standard of living ... your very happiness or despair is a direct result of the cumulative effect of the choices that you make. Every cho...

What are my choices?
I'm in the middle of building a database in access 2002 for a client of mine. I just wanted to know what my choices were to make this database accessable from multiple clients at once. His network is a windows 2000 domain with about 8 workstations that will use this database. I read about an MDE file, but I when i tried to make it froze up my system. What are my choices? The first and most important this is to split the front-end and the back-end of the database: Simplefied Concept: back-end (BE) = tables, design does not change front-end (FE) = everything else (code, forms, queries,...

OT: Choice or Biology
This, to me, is another excuse to justify ones choice. Some scientific studies will remain a theory because of the blinders they apply to justify their research. -----Original Message----- From: Kim Borgman [mailto:kborgman@nwscorp.com] Sent: Thursday, December 11, 2003 11:22 AM To: HP3000-L@RAVEN.UTC.EDU Subject: Re: [HP3000-L] Choice or Biology From the 11/30 issue of the Indianapolis star, article by Ronald Kotulak of the Chicago Tribune. I will print excerpts here, I'm sure someone can find the article online. "university of Chicago scientists have used hig...

selecting a subset of choices based on a first choice
Hello, I having trouble finding information on what I would like to do in Access probably because I do not know the right keywords. I am designing a that uses genus and species of plants in two of the fields (names genus and species). Since there is a limited number of species for a given genus, I would like the second field on the form have only the values that match that genus. For example, if my table looks like this: genus1, species1 genus1, species2 genus1, species3 genus2, species4 I would like to make it possible that if you select genus1, the next fields pull down menu would onl...

Choices
I mentioned humans as echoing machines. The following is an addition to that thought. In the process from input to output we have choices. Choice 1: absorption Choice 2: reflection With choice 1 something might change. With choice 2 nothing changes. Of course those processes are mingled. I'm interested in the changes. Example: input is a signal that says make zero one. Absorption: a zero changes to one or a one remains a one Reflection: a zero remains a zero. In addition I recall the echo where a one becomes a zero. Important is the notion of resistence. If a dumb machine just chan...

Choice
I don't know where to take a good also objective answer...so I ask it here... I use linux for years, big fun... I use it for office, multimedia, and some c++ small projects... office for economical studies multimedia like writing dvd and playing xvids after having transcoded the dvds Games.Yes in Linux. BUT. I saw OpenSolaris. Can it do it? Better than linux in performance? I start to hate the performance of modern distros like, fedora or...mandriva...either they won't work or they work with all the -g in gcc and various misworks.Not to mention the libxxx problem......

Web resources about - OT: Is any choice harder than no choice? - comp.os.linux.advocacy

Choice - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... style . The references used may be made clearer with a different or consistent style of citation , footnoting , or external linking . Choice ...

Heidi Klum in Versace at the Kids’ Choice Awards: ridiculous or cute?
These are photos from the Kids’ Choice Awards, held on Saturday night in LA and hosted by Blake Shelton. You can see the list of winners here ...

Gwen Stefani's Sons Attend the Kids' Choice Awards to Support Blake Shelton
The 'Misery' singer couldn't make the Nickelodeon award show, so she sent her kids!

Zendaya Inspires At 2016 Kids’ Choice Awards, Feuds With Julie Klausner On Twitter
Zendaya took home the award for favorite female TV star in a kids’ show at the 2016 Kids’ Choice Awards, and gave an inspiring speech to both ...

Joe Jonas & DNCE Arrive at the Kids Choice Awards 2016 Orange Carpet
DNCE makes some bold fashion choices while at the 2016 Kids’ Choice Awards held at The Forum in Los Angeles on Saturday afternoon (March 12). ...

2016 Kids’ Choice Awards Breaking News and Photos - Just Jared Jr.
We don’t know about you, but we had such a blast watching the 2016 Kids’ Choice Awards tonight — it was so much fun! But you know what wasn’t ...

Mario And Luigi At The 2016 Kids' Choice Awards
Nintendo’s favorite son and his brother or whatever took the stage at last night’s Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards, followed by a live-action ...

Southern California's Paul J. Watford is among Obama's top choices for Supreme Court
Los Angeles Times Southern California's Paul J. Watford is among Obama's top choices for Supreme Court Los Angeles Times Judge Paul J. Watford, ...

William Daley of Chicago Political Clan Wonders About Donald Trump’s Choice of Venues
William M. Daley, a son of Chicago's legendary mayor Richard J. Daley, believed Donald Trump's choice of a diverse Chicago campus for a rally ...