Ping Silver Slimer... Media Monkey Question.

So I have a test library in Media Monkey but I want to delete the
library, not the actual tunes, out of Media Monkey and substitute my
Xmas songs library that lives in z:/xmas/*

I can't seem to do it.
No matter what I deselect, MM gives me everything on Z:

I deleted the library already.

Any ideas?

--
flatfish+++
mariana trench

On 2016-12-21 10:10 PM, flatfish+++ wrote:
> So I have a test library in Media Monkey but I want to delete the
> library, not the actual tunes, out of Media Monkey and substitute my
> Xmas songs library that lives in z:/xmas/*
>
> I can't seem to do it.
> No matter what I deselect, MM gives me everything on Z:
>
> I deleted the library already.
>
> Any ideas?

File -> Add/Rescan files to the library. Make sure you select the
appropriate folders you want to include.

However, I usually do a clean-up of the library by selecting "Clean
Database" first. That erases the library (without deleting the files)
and re-adds only what you want to the library.

--
Silver Slimer
Fingerprint: e58428b2633833a3b0c9bb7e40819166642245b7

Proud bigot.
0
Silver
12/22/2016 1:03:57 PM
On Thu, 22 Dec 2016 08:03:57 -0500, Silver Slimer wrote:

> On 2016-12-21 10:10 PM, flatfish+++ wrote:
>> So I have a test library in Media Monkey but I want to delete the
>> library, not the actual tunes, out of Media Monkey and substitute my
>> Xmas songs library that lives in z:/xmas/*
>>
>> I can't seem to do it.
>> No matter what I deselect, MM gives me everything on Z:
>>
>> I deleted the library already.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>
> File -> Add/Rescan files to the library. Make sure you select the
> appropriate folders you want to include.
>
> However, I usually do a clean-up of the library by selecting "Clean
> Database" first. That erases the library (without deleting the files)
> and re-adds only what you want to the library.

Thanks.
I'll give it a try.

--
flatfish+++
mariana trench
On Thu, 22 Dec 2016 08:03:57 -0500, Silver Slimer wrote:

> On 2016-12-21 10:10 PM, flatfish+++ wrote:
>> So I have a test library in Media Monkey but I want to delete the
>> library, not the actual tunes, out of Media Monkey and substitute my
>> Xmas songs library that lives in z:/xmas/*
>>
>> I can't seem to do it.
>> No matter what I deselect, MM gives me everything on Z:
>>
>> I deleted the library already.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>
> File -> Add/Rescan files to the library. Make sure you select the
> appropriate folders you want to include.
>
> However, I usually do a clean-up of the library by selecting "Clean
> Database" first. That erases the library (without deleting the files)
> and re-adds only what you want to the library.

Worked like a charm.
What I was missing was the previous playlist was still in the main
window so when I hit play it would still play those songs.

I'm still getting used to MM as I haven't used it in years.
It's much better at playing media from my network server compared to
foobar2000.

--
flatfish+++
mariana trench
On 2016-12-22 12:15 PM, flatfish+++ wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Dec 2016 08:03:57 -0500, Silver Slimer wrote:
>
>> On 2016-12-21 10:10 PM, flatfish+++ wrote:
>>> So I have a test library in Media Monkey but I want to delete the
>>> library, not the actual tunes, out of Media Monkey and substitute my
>>> Xmas songs library that lives in z:/xmas/*
>>>
>>> I can't seem to do it.
>>> No matter what I deselect, MM gives me everything on Z:
>>>
>>> I deleted the library already.
>>>
>>> Any ideas?
>>
>> File -> Add/Rescan files to the library. Make sure you select the
>> appropriate folders you want to include.
>>
>> However, I usually do a clean-up of the library by selecting "Clean
>> Database" first. That erases the library (without deleting the files)
>> and re-adds only what you want to the library.
>
> Worked like a charm.
> What I was missing was the previous playlist was still in the main
> window so when I hit play it would still play those songs.
>
> I'm still getting used to MM as I haven't used it in years.
> It's much better at playing media from my network server compared to
> foobar2000.

It is by far the best multimedia management program I've used and it's
the one thing I could probably not live without if I moved to Linux. I
liked it so much that I even paid for the optional AAC codecs for the
software even though I could have, technically, managed with the
built-in MP3 and OGG Vorbis ones.