Plankton Android Trojan Found in 10 Apps on Android Market

http://www.osnews.com/story/24841/Plankton_Android_Trojan_Found_in_10_Apps_on_Android_Market
Ten more applications have been pulled from the Google's official Android
Market following a notification that they contained a new kind of Android
malware.

0
karitlaine (1051)
7/21/2011 10:25:57 PM
Kari Laine wrote:

> NotDashEscaped: You need GnuPG to verify this message
>
> On 07/21/2011 11:40 PM, Alexandrovitch Kudiroyaravtsevgovoi wrote:

http://www.osnews.com/story/24841/Plankton_Android_Trojan_Found_in_10_Apps_on_Android_Market

>> Ten more applications have been pulled from the Google's official
>> Android Market following a notification that they contained a new kind
>> of Android malware.
>
> Google really should get in the habit of vetting apps BEFORE they are
> added to market...

Can't do that when you got 100,000 apps, and updates are pushed
by developers every minute of every day.

Making everything open source is the best thing to fix all the bugs
and dangerous features.
"7" <email_at_www_at_enemygadgets_dot_com@enemygadgets.com> schreef in
bericht news:Hj2Wp.28504$wK7.26389@newsfe13.ams2...
> Kari Laine wrote:

>> NotDashEscaped: You need GnuPG to verify this message
>>
>> On 07/21/2011 11:40 PM, Alexandrovitch Kudiroyaravtsevgovoi wrote:
>>>
> http://www.osnews.com/story/24841/Plankton_Android_Trojan_Found_in_10_Apps_on_Android_Market
>>>
>>> Ten more applications have been pulled from the Google's official
>>> Android Market following a notification that they contained a new kind
>>> of Android malware.
>>
>> Google really should get in the habit of vetting apps BEFORE they are
>> added to market...
>

> Can't do that when you got 100,000 apps, and updates are pushed

Mmmm, let's see 800 / 10,000 apps have malware.
http://technolog.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/07/21/7135254-android-apps-leakers-when-it-comes-to-security
Oops, that's *8000* infected apps according to your claim.
Nice selfnuke "7".

> by developers every minute of every day.
>
> Making everything open source is the best thing to fix all the bugs
> and dangerous features.

0
clogwog (1758)

250k+ linux android phones infected by 'Security App' from android market
BAWAWWAWWAWAAAAAA so many of these linux android phones are getting infected that even google is releasing anti virus and anti malware software for their insecure phone. BAWWWAWWAWWAAWAAAA!!!!!!!! http://socialbarrel.com/market-version-of-android-market-security-app-detected-to-have-malware/4899/ Market version of Android Market security app detected to have malware Experts from the antivirus company Symantec have found as alternate market version of Android Market Security Tool, which instead of performing anti-virus functions is loaded with malware for data theft from the owner of Android-Smartphones and Tablet PCs, said a statement by Symantec. Android Market Security Tool app was released by Google last week to repair the damage caused by hacker attacks on online application store Android Market. A modified version of the program, detected by Symantec, not only does not fulfill its primary purpose (removal of other malware from your Android system), but it also has dangerous functions. In particular, this new sample of malicious software can send personal information of smartphone owner to a remote server, as well as block incoming calls and messages from certain mobile numbers. According to unofficial information, more than 260 thousand Android smartphones and Tablet PCs were infected by this alternate 'security app' malware attack. Magnus laid this down on his screen : > BAWAWWAWWAWAAAAAA > > so many of these linux android p...

Running Android Apps in Windows 7 with Bluestacks App Player,,Read more: http://www.cnx-software.com/2011/10/13/running-android-apps-in-windows-7-with-bluestacks-app-player/#ixzz38290JMar
http://www.cnx-software.com/2011/10/13/running-android-apps-in-windows-7-with-bluestacks-app-player/ ...

Malware apps spoof Android Market to infect Android phones
http://macdailynews.com/2011/06/21/malware-apps-spoof-android-market-to-infect-android-phones/ "Google has come under fire in recent months for letting a few dozen nasty apps into its Android market, bent on stealing data or siphoning money with paid texts," Andy Greenberg reports for Forbes. "But one new exploitative app doesn't need to be let in to Google's App store. It creates a fake Market of its own." On Wednesday 27 July 2011 20:30 Alexandrovitch Kudiroyaravtsevgovoi wrote: > http://macdailynews.com/2011/06/21/malware-apps-spoof-android-market-to- infect-android-phones/ > "Google has come under fire in recent months for letting a few dozen nasty > apps into its Android market, bent on stealing data or siphoning money > with paid texts," Andy Greenberg reports for Forbes. "But one new > exploitative app doesn't need to be let in to Google's App store. It > creates a fake Market of its own." "MacDailyNews Take: Google’s ill-conceived, wannabe iOS rush-job strikes again. Lesson: Get the real thing. Don’t settle for inferior, insecure knockoffs." - so it was a completely unbiased view? :-) :-) ...

Top 10 antivirus and anti-malware apps for Android (Android Authority)
<quote> Top 10 antivirus and anti-malware apps for Android September 16, 2013 Protection for Android devices has become a high priority over the last year or so. Malware and viruses are more rampant than ever and although being careful usually avoids the problem, sometimes people want more. A good antivirus or anti-malware app can not only bring peace of mind, but also protect your Android device from threats you may accidentally stumble upon. So in this list we'll show you the 10 best antivirus and anti-malware apps for Android. </quote> http://www.androidauthority.com/10-best-antivirus-apps-for-andro-269696/ You gotta protect the OS that the US Government calls a "malware magnet." -- "(Ezekiel) actually thought that "pagination" was just putting page numbers on documents" Another proven lie from the piece of shit liar turdv. Aug 26, 2013 <jjdn19tq3orocg2sjl5omovi3vp07723ig@4ax.com> On Tue, 17 Sep 2013 08:14:15 -0400, Ezekiel wrote: > <quote> > Top 10 antivirus and anti-malware apps for Android > September 16, 2013 > > Protection for Android devices has become a high priority over the last year > or so. Malware and viruses are more rampant than ever and although being > careful usually avoids the problem, sometimes people want more. A good > antivirus or anti-malware app can not only bring peace of mind, but also > protect you...

Security Alert: New Android Malware -- HippoSMS -- Found in Alternative Android Markets
http://esploit.blogspot.com/2011/07/new-android-malware-hipposms.html Security Alert: New Android Malware -- HippoSMS -- Found in Alternative Android Markets: "Our investigation shows that HippoSMS directly piggybacks the host app so that when the app is launched, it will immediately activate one service to send SMS messages to a hard-coded premium-rated number (1066******). After that, it registers one ContentObserver to monitor incoming SMS messages. Inside the ContentObserver, it will delete any SMS message if it starts with the number '10.' Note that the numbers such as 10086/10010 represent legitimate mobile phone service providers in China and are typically used to notify users about the services they are ordering and the information of users' current balance of their mobile phone accounts. As a result, we believe the removal of the related SMS messages is used to hide the additional charges caused from the malware." [Same old troll] [Same old dead horse] If folks used Open Source Software instead of this closed-source junk, they'd have a lot fewer problems (despite the fact that malware in Android apps is a **tiny** problem that is well under control). ...

[News] Android GNU/Linux Contest Winners; Android Market Looks Good

Android is not Linux; Android is insular.
http://arstechnica.com/open-source/reviews/2009/02/an-introduction-to-google-android-for-developers.ars > February 23, 2009 > Design philosophy > > Although Android is built on top of the Linux kernel, the platform has very little in common with the conventional desktop Linux stack. In fact, during a presentation at the Google IO conference, Google engineer Patrick Brady stated unambiguously that Android is not Linux. > Much of the Android userspace operates within the constraints of Dalvik, Google's own custom Java virtual machine. Dalvik uses its own bytecode format ca...

[News] Analyst Dumps Apple for Linux/Android, NPR Sets Its Android App Free/Libre

Android Trojan found.......
<http://blog.mylookout.com/2010/12/geinimi_trojan/> I have Lookout so don't be going off. -- posted with a Droid Big Steel <fake@fake.com> writes: > <http://blog.mylookout.com/2010/12/geinimi_trojan/> > > I have Lookout so don't be going off. Now, anyone even half IT savvy knew this would come. The interesting part :- ,---- | A new Trojan affecting Android devices has recently emerged in | China. Dubbed “Geinimi” based on its first known incarnation, this | Trojan can compromise a significant amount of personal data on a user’s | pho...

Tool injects Linux backdoor in legitimate Linux Android apps
https://www.security.nl/artikel/47093/1/Tool_injecteert_backdoor_in_legitieme_Android-apps.html On forums for cybercriminals is a program which offered the possibility of an open source backed by legitimate Linux Android apps to add. The backdoor is called Linux 'Android RAT' and is a remote access tool (RAT) that allows attackers an infected device can control remotely. Thus Linux AndroRAT telephone eavesdropping and intercepting SMS messages. In addition, the route the GPS coordinates and activate the camera and microphone. To spread Linux AndroRAT there is now a new tool called Linux Androrat appeared APK Binder. This can add cybercriminals with limited knowledge of the Linux AndoRAT legitimate Linux Android apps. Infections Once an unsuspecting user installs the infected app is installed simultaneously Linux AndroRAT. Anti-virus company Symantec discovered 23 cases in which legitimate apps from the remote access tool were provided. Worldwide, it is a few hundred infections, mainly in the United States, and turkey. "The development of remote access tools on the Android platform was predicted," says Andrea Lelli Symantec. "Although Linux AndroRAT still not very refined, it has the growing popularity and open source code has the potential to be a dangerous threat." -- Major Linux Problems on the Desktop or Why Linux is not (yet) Ready for the Desktop, 2013 edition http://bit.ly/gBOiz6 ...

[News] Motorola Lowers Cost of Linux/Android Phone; fZiiLabs EGG Runs Linux/Android

Android Apps Running on Non-Android Platforms
http://www.openmobileww.com/#!acl/c1o3z http://www.openmobileww.com/#!acl-for-linux/c187a ...

Rash of Android malware tips up, some on Android Market
http://www.electronista.com/articles/11/07/11/android.hit.by.droiddream.zitmo.hipposms.malware/ Android hit by DroidDream, Zitmo, HippoSMS malware The attack was significant as it was likely to have been published by the same author that had been caught uploading malware earlier. Why Google hadn't taken action to prevent a resubmit isn't clear, though *Google* has historically had a *consciously loose app screening policy* to provide more *liberties* to developers. "Alexandrovitch Kudiroyaravtsevgovoi" <nospam.kudiroyaravtsevgovoi@nospammers.invalid> wrote in message news:201107151919.p6FJJqR04484@smtp.cobalt.loc... > http://www.electronista.com/articles/11/07/11/android.hit.by.droiddream.zitmo.hipposms.malware/ > Android hit by DroidDream, Zitmo, HippoSMS malware > The attack was significant as it was likely to have been published by the > same author that had been caught uploading malware earlier. Why Google > hadn't taken action to prevent a resubmit isn't clear, though *Google* has > historically had a *consciously loose app screening policy* to provide > more *liberties* to developers. cell phone carriers should not allow those virus infected malware magnet Android linux phones on their networks. it should be ILLEGAL to make a cell phone with a linux android phone until they get the huge malware mess figured out. Android Linux - the OS that made making a phone call dangerous. ...

WinPhone7 is the most stable smartphone OS. Android Linux is the least stable smartphone OS.
"Out of the six modern smartphone operating systems, Android is clearly the least stable of them all. I have seen numerous low memory issues, force close warnings, random resets, freezes on apps and connections, and more. With so many different manufacturers, different versions of the OS out and available, and thousands of apps that are clearly not built well enough to prevent issues Android is clearly in last in the stability department." http://www.zdnet.com/blog/cell-phones/microsofts-windows-phone-7-is-the-most-stable-mobile-phone-os/6456 Android Linux is bumbleware? Say it ain't so! On 02/02/2012 09:07 PM, DFS wrote: > "Out of the six modern smartphone operating systems, Android is > clearly the least stable of them all. I have seen numerous low > memory issues, force close warnings, random resets, freezes on apps > and connections, and more. With so many different manufacturers, > different versions of the OS out and available, and thousands of > apps that are clearly not built well enough to prevent issues Android > is clearly in last in the stability department." > > http://www.zdnet.com/blog/cell-phones/microsofts-windows-phone-7-is-the-most-stable-mobile-phone-os/6456 > > Android Linux is bumbleware? Say it ain't so! [quote] Fellow Microsoft MVP�s [...] and Matt Miller [/quote] http://www.coolsmartphone.com/2011/01/21/windows-phone-7-a-year-after-launch/ Yup, a really unbiased article (...

[News] More ARM Hits the Market (Almost Linux Only), Android/Linux Takes on Landline Phones

[News] Tor Comes to Android, More Linux/Android Phones

More infected Apps on Android Market
http://thegamershub.net/2011/07/more-infected-apps-on-android-market/ Yup, that's right. The Google Android market has been found to have yet more infected apps. [Same old troll] [Beating the same old dead horse] On Fri, 15 Jul 2011 11:32:09 -0700 (PDT), JeffM wrote: > [Same old troll] > [Beating the same old dead horse] Still frothing and writhing they are. Hysterical! Come join us and watch the show. Popcorn and beer optional! -- 7/15/2011 2:35:19 PM Gary Stewart Please visit our hall of Linux idiots. http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/ Watching Linux Fail: http://limuxwatch.blogspot.com/ Come laugh at Linux "advocacy" with us! http://www.youtube.com/social/blog/techrights-org Linux's dismal desktop market share: http://royal.pingdom.com/2011/05/12/the-top-20-strongholds-for-desktop-linux/ Desktop Linux: The Dream Is Dead "By the time Microsoft released the Windows 7 beta in January 2009, Linux had clearly lost its chance at desktop glory." http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/207999/desktop_linux_the_dream_is_dead.html Desktop Linux on Life Support: http://www.techradar.com/news/software/operating-systems/is-linux-on-the-desktop-dead--961508 When I use the term Linux I am speaking of desktop Linux unless otherwise stated. On 7/15/2011 2:32 PM, JeffM wrote: > [Same old troll] > [Beating the same old dead horse] The horse the bucked you and the rest of the Android users off of its back. ...

Linux Ubuntu 10.10 and Ubuntu 10.04 LTS. the Linux "Swiss cheese" OS
http://www.ubuntu.com/usn/usn-1195-1/ 22 vulnerabilities, nice "patch day", bwahahahahahaaah!, Linux = insecure by design!!!!!!!!!!!! -- Desktop Linux: The Dream Is Dead "By the time Microsoft released the Windows 7 beta in January 2009, Linux had clearly lost its chance at desktop glory." http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b5/Operating_system_usage_share.svg [............] "Ultimately, Linux is doomed on the desktop because of a critical lack of content. And that lack of content owes its existence to two key factors: the fragmentation of the Linux platform, and the fierce ideology of the open-source community at large." http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/207999/desktop_linux_the_dream_is_dead.html Clog_-_wog (®) wrote: > http://www.ubuntu.com/usn/usn-1195-1/ > > 22 vulnerabilities, nice "patch day", bwahahahahahaaah!, Linux = insecure > by design!!!!!!!!!!!! > Can you please explain to me how a library that is maintained mainly by apple (and lately google and some other companies) make linux "insecure by design"? No really, explain it to me: What design exactly is in what way exactly insecure? chris stated in post j38kls$5sc$1@inf2.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de on 8/26/11 10:20 AM: > Clog_-_wog (®) wrote: > >> http://www.ubuntu.com/usn/usn-1195-1/ >> >> 22 vulnerabilities, nice "patch day", bwahahahahahaaah!, Linux = insecure >...

175 million people use compromised Linux Android Viber app, 50 million smartphones leak by Viber app.
"50 million smartphones leak by Viber app Yesterday, 17:00 by editor A popular app that is installed on at least 50 million Linux Android smartphones and tablets allows attackers to bypass the lock screen and full control over the device can get. The problem is in the Viber app, which allows users free to send messages and pictures and can call. Globally, 175 million people use the app. On Google Play, the app between 50 and 100 million once downloaded. To bypass the lock, an attacker must send a message to the victim-Viber. This Viber the keyboard appears. Eventually, this makes it possible to obtain full control.access The vulnerability has been tested on HTC Sensation XE, Google Nexus 4, Samsung Galaxy S2 and Sony Xperia Z The Vietnamese anti-virus company Bkav discovered the problem and warned the developer of Viber, but has still received no response.Users are advised to keep their phone with them and to give to anyone. Also, one should install the update once available." https://www.security.nl/artikel/45994/1/50_miljoen_smartphones_lek_door_Viber-app.html Well, of course COLA morons like Kohltard and Grufftard are going to claim that the *175 million users* are to blame *NOT* the OS! -- Major Linux Problems on the Desktop or Why Linux is not (yet) Ready for the Desktop, 2013 edition http://bit.ly/gBOiz6 "Cola Zealot" <Cola_Zealot@fuckoff.com> wrote in message news:51783cba$0$11999$6e1ede2f@read.c...

About that Android fragmentation (or why the app market sucks)
http://eliainsider.com/2010/08/03/market-share-doesnt-equal-product-sales/ The problem is, from a developer perspective, market share doesn=92t equal sales. Sure, number of devices sold plays a part in the decision but it isn=92t the only one and, frankly, not even at the top of the list. So a customer wrote and asked when we were going to develop for Android. This is what I told him: ...... That is a business decision. The technical issue that concerns me the most is Android=92s fracturing. We dealt with this in the Palm world as the OS got licensed to 7-10 hardware manufactur...

Android Linux OS being sold with netbooks
Android Linux OS being sold with netbooks ----------------------------------------- http://www.ebuyer.com/product/242282 I expect micoshaftees to do the monopoly anti-trust thing and contact Ebuyer and Acer to stop selling Linux and android and threaten to sue them. In EU that is not possible - under anti-trust agreements filed with EU commission, if they did that, the payola this time will be huge after the 600 million last time. Barnes and Noble could take note of this with their Nook and file anti-trust complaints in the EU over the lawsuits brought on by micoshaft against them. Google could also spread the case into EU as they are an indirect target. At the very least between them and lawyers, they should be able to collect 1 billion dollars from micoshaft for abusive anti-trust patent litigation aimed at stifling market competition - hopefully 3 billion if the EU decides to award tripple damages. ...

Trusteer Malware Found in the Android Market
http://thegadgets.net/2011/07/16/trusteer-malware-found-in-the-android-market/ The cybercriminals known as Zbot, or Zeus, have infected the Android Market with a sneaky new app that is hijacking banking information. The malware disguises itself as a mobile banking app called "Rapport," which has been removed from the Android market, but can still be downloaded via an online survey. [Same old troll] [Same old dead horse] If folks used Open Source Software instead of this closed-source junk, they'd have a lot fewer problems (despite the fact that malware in Android apps is a **tiny** problem that is well under control). On 7/16/2011 5:12 PM, JeffM wrote: > [Same old troll] > [Same old dead horse] > > If folks used Open Source Software instead of this closed-source junk, > they'd have a lot fewer problems (despite the fact that > malware in Android apps is a **tiny** problem that is well under > control). LOL! And he jumped over the moon on his tiny cow. ...

Android apps run on any desktop OS?
http://mobile.slashdot.org/story/14/09/20/0250209/android-apps-now-unofficially-able-to-run-on-any-major-desktop-os " A developer who goes by the handle Vladikoff has tweaked Google's App Runtime for Chrome (ARC) to allow any Android app to run on any major desktop operating system, not just the handful announced last week which were also limited to Chrome OS. His tweaked version of ARC is re-packaged as ARChon. The install isn't very straightforward, and you have to be in developer mode on Chrome. But there's a support forum on reddit. The extension will work on any O...

Android KILLS the competition
BAAWWWAWAAAAA!!!!! linsux - I hate it already! http://www.fiercewireless.com/story/limo-foundation-androids-first-victim/2011-02-03 Is the LiMo Foundation Android's first victim? Remember the LiMo Foundation? Founded in 2007, the LiMo Foundation's goal was to establish "a globally competitive, Linux-based software platform for mobile devices." By the end of 2009, the group had commitments from half a dozen global operators and close to 50 LiMo Platform-powered devices on the market. "We expect Mobile World Congress 2011 to be nothing short of a...

Web resources about - Plankton Android Trojan Found in 10 Apps on Android Market - comp.os.linux.advocacy

Template:Plankton - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Plankton put on a show at Lake Victoria
Microscopic plankton have given Lake Victoria on the Gippsland Lakes an electric blue trim.

Huge study of tiny plankton a 'treasure trove'
Scientists have unveiled the most comprehensive analysis ever undertaken of the world's ocean plankton, the tiny organisms that serve as food ...

New plankton species discovered in South China Sea
New plankton species discovered in South China Sea

A Plankton Of Action
David Biello profiles Victor Smetacek, a marine biologist who devised a scheme to use plankton to help cool the earth: Much of the oxygen we ...

Cambrian hunter switched to a plankton diet
Artist's conception of Tamisiocaris borealis lunching. Bob Nicholls/Bristol University The fossilized organisms of the Cambrian period some ...

Ocean's hidden world of plankton revealed in 'enormous database'
... organisms has been revealed in a series of papers published in the journal Science . An international team has been studying samples of plankton ...

Scientists hunt plankton, find plastic
Tara Oceans expedition scans 70,000 miles of ocean, finds about 7.5M new species at bottom of food chain - and a lot of trash

Sea plankton found on the outer surface of the ISS
Astronauts collecting samples on the International Space Station have found traces of sea plankton, and are baffled as to how it got there.

CNN.com - Plummeting plankton linked to warmer oceans - August 21, 2002
... in northern oceans, according to a satellite checkup of planetary health. This image from NASA's SeaWiFs satellite documents summer phytoplankton ...