Snit exposes defective Linux once again (Maui and LinuxMint 18)

Once again snit's excellent video demonstrates the lack of care and
attention to detail that is missing from Linux distributions.
This time he shows the inconsistency when creating files and folders. Why
is there no error message when creating a folder with the same name on
the desktop?
Why are dialog boxes giving incorrect information?
Where, oh where can my files be?
It's anybodies guess when using Maui or LinuxMint because there is no
consistency.
This garbage software Linux is hilarious.

Snit = 1
Linux = 0
Linux users = .0000000009

Look for yourself.
https://youtu.be/8-m1rYIjdNA

--
Cactus Pete
One thorny hombre'

0
Cactus
12/24/2016 6:26:11 PM
comp.os.linux.advocacy 124139 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On 12/24/16, 11:26 AM, in article o3mek3$rk9$1@dont-email.me, "Cactus Pete"
<cactusNOSPAMpete@myself.com> wrote:

> Once again snit's excellent video demonstrates the lack of care and
> attention to detail that is missing from Linux distributions.

I will make another one later dealing with more oddities of creating and
deleting file and folders... many bugs that I have shown before but which
Peter insisted I could only show with older versions.

They STILL exist.

> This time he shows the inconsistency when creating files and folders. Why
> is there no error message when creating a folder with the same name on
> the desktop?
> Why are dialog boxes giving incorrect information?
> Where, oh where can my files be?
> It's anybodies guess when using Maui or LinuxMint because there is no
> consistency.
> This garbage software Linux is hilarious.
>
> Snit = 1
> Linux = 0
> Linux users = .0000000009
>
> Look for yourself.
> https://youtu.be/8-m1rYIjdNA

To me it is not a competition... just interesting to see how far these
packages come. It does amaze me how these bugs live on year after year...
but there is some improvement.

--
"Linux desktop is why I got into Linux in the first place. I mean, I
have never, ever cared about really anything but the Linux desktop."

0
Snit
12/24/2016 6:36:40 PM
Snit wrote:

> but there is some improvement.

When are you going to improve the living conditions of your family, Snit?
That ratty mobile home has rotten siding and peeling paint.
0
Dr
12/24/2016 7:35:43 PM
Cactus Pete wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:

Yawn.  This dude never stops his nonsense.

--
Awash with unfocused desire, Everett twisted the lobe of his one remaining
ear and felt the presence of somebody else behind him, which caused terror