sockstat

Stumbled across this little command-line app, ported from FreeBSD:

   sockstat

The output is a bit like netstat -t -p.

sockstat doesn't do reverse DNS lookup, but netstat doesn't always show all
of the apps that are connected (e.g. firefox-bin!).

Another interesting package is socat, which looks like it is similar
to Windows' com2com.

--
I will not play at tug o' war.
I'd rather play at hug o' war,
Where everyone hugs
Instead of tugs,
Where everyone giggles
And rolls on the rug,
Where everyone kisses,
And everyone grins,
And everyone cuddles,
And everyone wins.
		-- Shel Silverstein, "Hug o' War"
0
Chris
5/27/2010 1:31:45 AM
comp.os.linux.advocacy 123137 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Chris Ahlstrom pulled this Usenet boner:

> Stumbled across this little command-line app, ported from FreeBSD:
>
>    sockstat
>
> The output is a bit like netstat -t -p.
>
> sockstat doesn't do reverse DNS lookup, but netstat doesn't always show all
> of the apps that are connected (e.g. firefox-bin!).
>
> Another interesting package is socat, which looks like it is similar
> to Windows' com2com.

Actually, I meant com0com:

   http://com0com.sourceforge.net/

It's for Windows, but GPL'ed.  We used it so that to connect a serial port
on a virtual machine to a serial port on the actual host computer.

OSS crapware:   :-)

--
I think it's a new feature.  Don't tell anyone it was an accident.  :-)
		-- Larry Wall on s/foo/bar/eieio in <10911@jpl-devvax.JPL.NASA.GOV>
Chris Ahlstrom <ahlstromc@launchmodem.com> wrote:
> Stumbled across this little command-line app, ported from FreeBSD:
>
>   sockstat
>
> The output is a bit like netstat -t -p.
>
> sockstat doesn't do reverse DNS lookup, but netstat doesn't always show all
> of the apps that are connected (e.g. firefox-bin!).
>
> Another interesting package is socat, which looks like it is similar
> to Windows' com2com.

I like
$ sudo lsof -i

0
owl
5/29/2010 7:01:25 AM
owl pulled this Usenet boner:

> Chris Ahlstrom <ahlstromc@launchmodem.com> wrote:
>> Stumbled across this little command-line app, ported from FreeBSD:
>>
>>   sockstat
>>
>> The output is a bit like netstat -t -p.
>>
>> sockstat doesn't do reverse DNS lookup, but netstat doesn't always show all
>> of the apps that are connected (e.g. firefox-bin!).
>>
>> Another interesting package is socat, which looks like it is similar
>> to Windows' com2com.
>
> I like
> $ sudo lsof -i

Shows all the LISTENing ports, though.

How to beknight a troll:

--
I will make you shorter by the head.
		-- Elizabeth I
Chris Ahlstrom <ahlstromc@launchmodem.com> wrote:
> owl pulled this Usenet boner:

> > Chris Ahlstrom <ahlstromc@launchmodem.com> wrote:
> >> Stumbled across this little command-line app, ported from FreeBSD:
> >>
> >>   sockstat
> >>
> >> The output is a bit like netstat -t -p.
> >>
> >> sockstat doesn't do reverse DNS lookup, but netstat doesn't always show all
> >> of the apps that are connected (e.g. firefox-bin!).
> >>
> >> Another interesting package is socat, which looks like it is similar
> >> to Windows' com2com.
> >
> > I like
> > $ sudo lsof -i

> Shows all the LISTENing ports, though.