Spamowitz's bullshit on censorious Dietrich's site: "Why Advocacy of Linux Must Not Tolerate Censorship"

http://www.linuxadvocates.com/2013/03/why-advocacy-of-linux-must-not-tolerate.html

First off, the owner of this site - Dietrich Schmitz - is a censorious
chump who bans people left and right from his Google+ site.  Who does he
think he's fooling by running such an article?

A thousand to one if you post a dissenting comment /anywhere/ on
www.linuxadvocates.com., on any article, it will be removed.

And the author, Dr. Roy Spamowitz, is a hypocrite fool as well.  He
bemoans the use of the terms 'trolls' and 'shills', both of which are
terms he used hundreds of times here on cola.  Today, Spamowitz
continues to use 'shills':

http://techrights.org/wiki/index.php?title=Special:Search&ns0=1&redirs=1&search=shills&limit=20&offset=0

His use of 'trolls' appears to be limited to 'patent trolls' but not always:

http://techrights.org/wiki/index.php?title=Special:Search&limit=20&offset=20&ns0=1&redirs=0&search=trolls

Bottom line: a hypocritical article written by a hypocrite and hosted on
a site run by a censorious hypocrite.

0
nospam2091 (10001)

On 3/28/13 6:23 PM, in article kj2qb6$jh2$1@dont-email.me, "DFS"
<nospam@dfs.com> wrote:

> http://www.linuxadvocates.com/2013/03/why-advocacy-of-linux-must-not-tolerate.
> html
>
> First off, the owner of this site - Dietrich Schmitz - is a censorious
> chump who bans people left and right from his Google+ site.

At least in my case it was *very* clear he did so in response to COLA
"advocates" sending him multiple lies and accusations and insults about me.
He did not want to get involved so he sides with the "masses"... the herd.
He *never* was able to show a single thing I said which was untrue or
anti-Linux... instead speaking of some bizarre "background check" which I am
sure he does not do for each person in his group... the story was clearly
absurd.

I do not really blame him for that - who outside of COLA would want to get
involved in the BS the COLA herd spews? He did go *far* out of bounds,
though, for threatening to contact my ISP and *employer* because I allowed
a neighbor to use my WiFi as a backup 'net connection. That was just
over-the-top insane of him.

The herd has not harassed him on his website about me... and thus he does
not block my posts (even thanks me for some of them). While he and I do
disagree on many things, we both want to see open source software do well
and improve.

--
* cc was unable to post a set of data that went back to 2007.
* cc is unable to post an Excel Workbook or otherwise back his claims.

0
usenet2 (47889)
3/29/2013 1:57:24 AM
On Thu, 28 Mar 2013 21:23:44 -0400, DFS wrote:

> http://www.linuxadvocates.com/2013/03/why-advocacy-of-linux-must-not-tolerate.html
>
> First off, the owner of this site - Dietrich Schmitz - is a censorious
> chump who bans people left and right from his Google+ site.  Who does he
> think he's fooling by running such an article?
>
> A thousand to one if you post a dissenting comment /anywhere/ on
> www.linuxadvocates.com., on any article, it will be removed.
>
> And the author, Dr. Roy Spamowitz, is a hypocrite fool as well.  He
> bemoans the use of the terms 'trolls' and 'shills', both of which are
> terms he used hundreds of times here on cola.  Today, Spamowitz
> continues to use 'shills':
>
> http://techrights.org/wiki/index.php?title=Special:Search&ns0=1&redirs=1&search=shills&limit=20&offset=0
>
> His use of 'trolls' appears to be limited to 'patent trolls' but not always:
>
> http://techrights.org/wiki/index.php?title=Special:Search&limit=20&offset=20&ns0=1&redirs=0&search=trolls
>

> Bottom line: a hypocritical article written by a hypocrite and hosted on
> a site run by a censorious hypocrite.

Roy Schestowitz is an opportunist. His main goal in life is to
splatter his name every place he possibly can. He fools some people
but most are not sucked in by his con job.

--
flatfish+++
PLEASE VISIT OUR HALL OF LINUX IDIOTS:
"flatfish+++" <phlatphish@yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 28 Mar 2013 21:23:44 -0400, DFS wrote:
>
>> http://www.linuxadvocates.com/2013/03/why-advocacy-of-linux-must-not-tolerate
>> .html
>>
>> First off, the owner of this site - Dietrich Schmitz - is a censorious
>> chump who bans people left and right from his Google+ site.  Who does he
>> think he's fooling by running such an article?
>>
>> A thousand to one if you post a dissenting comment /anywhere/ on
>> www.linuxadvocates.com., on any article, it will be removed.
>>
>> And the author, Dr. Roy Spamowitz, is a hypocrite fool as well.  He
>> bemoans the use of the terms 'trolls' and 'shills', both of which are
>> terms he used hundreds of times here on cola.  Today, Spamowitz
>> continues to use 'shills':
>>
>> http://techrights.org/wiki/index.php?title=Special:Search&ns0=1&redirs=1&sear
>> ch=shills&limit=20&offset=0
>>
>> His use of 'trolls' appears to be limited to 'patent trolls' but not always:
>>
>> http://techrights.org/wiki/index.php?title=Special:Search&limit=20&offset=20&
>> ns0=1&redirs=0&search=trolls
>>

>> Bottom line: a hypocritical article written by a hypocrite and hosted on
>> a site run by a censorious hypocrite.
>
> Roy Schestowitz is an opportunist. His main goal in life is to
> splatter his name every place he possibly can. He fools some people
> but most are not sucked in by his con job.

Roy's use of the term "shill" just from this year:

<https://www.google.com/search?q=site:http://techrights.org+shill>

I posted a link earlier saying I had examples from just this year, but that
was not accurate. Still, it is clearly one of his favorite words. Insane how
he would say it is a term he does not think should be used.

--
Questions about the Skype call between cc, Onion Knight, and myself:
1) Why did cc have no recollection of the "outliers" files I showed him?

0
usenet2 (47889)

O.T. What's the right forum to ask general purpose linux Q's ==> Like "How do I launch an internet browser from a linux box?"
I am just getting into linux. Sorry for the newbie Q's. But I really do need to stop running back 'n forth between linux & window$ box just to google for something when I need to. I'm ready to make the transition from windoze to linux and need to learn how to do the routine tasks I'm already familiar with in window$ platform. I've been told this is the group for security questions only. I understand that, and will make every effort to air my Q's in the appropriate groups. Thank-you. On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 10:49:36 -0500, MLH wrote: > I am just getti...

Linux "Advocacy" at it's Finest !
This reads like it came right out of the COLA Linturd playbook! No wonder desktop Linux is ignored by most. Question: "Why does linux suck so much? cant do nothing in it virtual box is a joke, all the links to install windows shockwave player are dead ends. it is sad that all i want to do is play diner dash and i have to jump through hoops and still nothing works! i refuse to use windows because i have had a lot of problems in the past with it on my computer." Answers (summary): 1. because u dont know what ur doing. 2. If you want to play games, use Windows. 3. Because it has t...

Linux shitware: "it's GREAT, it's brilliant... when it works" LMFAO!!!
"PCLinux is brilliant and definitly one of if not the top Linux distro, but only when its actually working." http://www.pclinuxos.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=58&topic=39498.0 "I have loaded and reloaded and reloaded. Mepis works GREAT! However, it freezes every morning when I get back on it." http://mepislovers.org/forums/showthread.php?t=10675&highlight=freezes "Never give up on openSUSE!!!!!!!!! It is frustrating, but gets better when the system actually works." http://www.suseforums.net/index.php?showtopic=41708&hl= LMFAO!!! ...

If this is "Linux Advocacy" what's up with all of the Microsoft topics being posted?
WTF??? Where exactly is the "Linux Advocacy" in any of this? Another Call for Sacking/Changing of Microsoft Management Microsoft/MSN Press Attacks Vista, Microsoft Trashes XP Microsoft XBox 360 Implosion Microsoft Admits Struggling in Google's Turf Microsoft Still Covets Yahoo and Negotiates Microsoft Afraid of Free Software, Pompous Patent Troll Myhrvold Awaits India Files an Appeal Against Microsoft OOXML!!! Windows 7apourware is Vista-level Disaster All Over Again Another Microsoft General Manager Jumps Sheep [sic] Microsoft/Novell's Risk with Moonlight Gargbage How Mi...

Hadron Quark's "true Linux advocacy"
>> Hadron Quacked: >>> >>> Of course the standard should be used in schools since its the, err, >>> standard. LOL This is a keeper. What a M$-loving POS. I guess the M$ fanboi is too fscking *stupid* to realized that there *should be no* "standard" tool, and, outside of the "desktop" niche, there *is no* "standard" tool. But oh my gosh, we just *can't* teach students computer skills on anything but Windows. It's "the standard"! Not even with tight budgets at schools, should Free software be ...

[News] [Rival] "Linux" a Forbidden Word After Microsoft's "Jihad" Against It (Bill Gates' Words)

What's with the "OK's?"
Picked up ToEE from EB for 10$. Installed it, hated the 3d/2d engine, loathed the pathfinding with more than 5 members, was quite sceptical of the interface, but had some fun with the combat engine which is fairly addicting, but was shocked that yet again a fantasy RPG has characters that say "OK." I understand that the characters in these games must speak english and that it has to be reasonably vernacular to appeal to everyone the publishers/developers want to buy the game, but OK is a colloquialism in the Fantasy RPG context I cannot abide. My frustrating few minutes with Never...

Linux nuts: "there's no malware in Linux land" (then explain this book?)

Looking for Custom Function Similar to Howard's "Title" and David's "SmarterProper"
Hi, gang - I'm looking for a custom function that would capitalize names and addresses similar to Howard Schlossberg "Title" and David Tremmel's "SmarterProper," both of which are listed on Brian Dunning's cf site. The difference is that instead of having a parameter that specifies a "prefix" list indicating where a capital letter should always be inserted in a word (such as after the prefixes "Mc" or "Mac"), I'd like a parameter that specifies exception words that should always be capitalized as provided in an exceptions list....

What do the authors in The Little Schemer mean by the "function's structure" and "argument's structure"?
Hi all, I finished reading The Little Schemer a few days ago and one of the answers was not clear to me. It's on page 40, 3rd from the top. It's about simplifying the rember function (which removes the first occurrence of an element from a list). The question asks "So why don't we simplify right away?" and the answer is "Because then a function's structure does not coincide with its argument's structure." Any ideas what "a function's structure" and "argument's structure" are? And how do they coincide or not coincide? Here...

[News] [Linux] Microsoft's Anti-Linux Tactics Named "Scareware"
From vapourware to scareware, Microsoft keeps innovating ,----[ Quote ] | Microsoft talks a lot about innovation. It innovated the Xbox, several | years after everyone else; it innovated the Zune, several years after | everyone else; it innovated the GUI, several years after Apple (okay, | and Xerox); it innovated Hotmail ... oh, alright, it bought Hotmail. | Bill Gates famously missed the internet revolution and then innovated | the web browser, several years after Netscape. | | [...] | | In the meantime, though, the company that brought us vapourware has | innovated yet another new produc...

Linux user: "I cling to my Microsoft OS for it's stability"
"I hug my pup daily for it's speed and freedom but I cling to my Microsoft OS for it's stability." http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=28030&start=15&sid=6515eb0dcd9400d3865e5c61d9daf887 "DFS" <nospam@dfs_.com> writes: > "I hug my pup daily for it's speed and freedom but I cling to my Microsoft > OS for it's stability." > > http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=28030&start=15&sid=6515eb0dcd9400d3865e5c61d9daf887 > > My god. Those loonies really do love their distro because of it'...

Web resources about - Spamowitz's bullshit on censorious Dietrich's site: "Why Advocacy of Linux Must Not Tolerate Censorship" - comp.os.linux.advocacy