The Source for Floppy Disks, Diskette Drives, and Disc Duplication

http://floppydisk.com/index.htm

http://www.pcworld.com/article/149878/apple_imac.html

"Apple launched the Sony 3.5-inch disk drive with the Macintosh in
1984--and 14 years later, the company killed it with the iMac, which
included no floppy drive whatsoever."

Contrary to PC World and iCultists, floppy disks are still sold and in
use 16 years after Apple "killed" them.
0
Nobody

On 23 Nov 2014 13:39, Nobody wrote:

> http://floppydisk.com/index.htm
>

> http://www.pcworld.com/article/149878/apple_imac.html
>
> "Apple launched the Sony 3.5-inch disk drive with the Macintosh in
> 1984--and 14 years later, the company killed it with the iMac, which
> included no floppy drive whatsoever."
>
> Contrary to PC World and iCultists, floppy disks are still sold and in
> use 16 years after Apple "killed" them.

While it is true that you can still buy them, and that some do
still use them, the reality is almost no new computers come with
floppy drives unless you specifically ask for it.

So technically you are correct, but don't let reality get in your way!!  :)

--
Lloyd

0
Lloyd
11/23/2014 7:57:36 PM
On 11/23/2014 2:39 PM, Nobody wrote:

> http://floppydisk.com/index.htm
>

> http://www.pcworld.com/article/149878/apple_imac.html
>
> "Apple launched the Sony 3.5-inch disk drive with the Macintosh in
> 1984--and 14 years later, the company killed it with the iMac, which
> included no floppy drive whatsoever."
>
> Contrary to PC World and iCultists, floppy disks are still sold and in
> use 16 years after Apple "killed" them.

huh?

"killed" as in killed it in their own systems, not in the rest of the world.

Another bit of cluelessness and misunderstanding brought to us by Nobody.

0
DFS
11/23/2014 7:59:46 PM
On 11/23/14, 12:39 PM, in article YJqcw.191404$5U6.82068@fx01.iad, "Nobody"
<nobody@invalid.com> wrote:

> http://floppydisk.com/index.htm
>

> http://www.pcworld.com/article/149878/apple_imac.html
>
> "Apple launched the Sony 3.5-inch disk drive with the Macintosh in
> 1984--and 14 years later, the company killed it with the iMac, which
> included no floppy drive whatsoever."
>
> Contrary to PC World and iCultists, floppy disks are still sold and in
> use 16 years after Apple "killed" them.

When Apple got rid of them they did not have a good replacement for "sneaker
net"... but now flash drives fit that need much better.

As a side note: as far as I know Apple was the first to have a software
eject button for floppies - on the Apple IIgs. Later PCs used that idea for
CDs... and Apple got rid of it for the Macs. Why? Never made any sense to me
why Apple did that. Even on their newest external CD/DVD drives they do not
have an eject button. Yes, there are multiple other ways to eject media, but
just being able to reach for it and press a button is an excellent choice
Apple (I think) introduced and then tossed out. I have always thought that
was a mistake.

Then again, with flash drives that is no longer a realistic option, so the
habits formed from the other type of media work fairly well there (though
the media is not ejected from the port, of course). I still think any media
which can be physically ejected should have a physical button to eject it -
though there might be a pause for the software to make things ready.

--
* Mint MATE Trash, Panel, Menu:     <http://youtu.be/C0y74FIf7uE>
* Mint KDE bugs or Easter eggs?     <http://youtu.be/CU-whJQvtfA>

0
Snit
11/23/2014 10:07:41 PM
Nobody wrote:

> http://floppydisk.com/index.htm
>

> http://www.pcworld.com/article/149878/apple_imac.html
>
> "Apple launched the Sony 3.5-inch disk drive with the Macintosh in
> 1984--and 14 years later, the company killed it with the iMac, which
> included no floppy drive whatsoever."
>
> Contrary to PC World and iCultists, floppy disks are still sold and in
> use 16 years after Apple "killed" them.

http://www.officedepot.com/a/browse/diskettes/N=5+509650/
0
Nobody
11/23/2014 11:54:21 PM
On Sunday, November 23, 2014 12:57:40 PM UTC-7, Lloyd Parsons wrote:
> On 23 Nov 2014 13:39, Nobody wrote:
> >

> > http://floppydisk.com/index.htm
> >

> > http://www.pcworld.com/article/149878/apple_imac.html
> >
> > "Apple launched the Sony 3.5-inch disk drive with the Macintosh in
> > 1984--and 14 years later, the company killed it with the iMac, which
> > included no floppy drive whatsoever."
> >
> > Contrary to PC World and iCultists, floppy disks are still sold and in
> > use 16 years after Apple "killed" them.
> >
> While it is true that you can still buy them, and that some do
> still use them, the reality is almost no new computers come with
> floppy drives unless you specifically ask for it.
>
> So technically you are correct, but don't let reality get in your way!!  :)
>
> --
> Lloyd

He never did adjust to the fact that little ol' Apple actually has some pull in the computer world  (that's really all this is about).
0
Steve
11/24/2014 4:17:37 PM
In article <bf6c755a-28b4-400b-bb29-64f3113b01a7
@googlegroups.com>, fretwizzer@gmail.com says...

> On Sunday, November 23, 2014 12:57:40 PM UTC-7, Lloyd Parsons wrote:
> > On 23 Nov 2014 13:39, Nobody wrote:
> > >

> > > http://floppydisk.com/index.htm
> > >

> > > http://www.pcworld.com/article/149878/apple_imac.html
> > >
> > > "Apple launched the Sony 3.5-inch disk drive with the Macintosh in
> > > 1984--and 14 years later, the company killed it with the iMac, which
> > > included no floppy drive whatsoever."
> > >
> > > Contrary to PC World and iCultists, floppy disks are still sold and in
> > > use 16 years after Apple "killed" them.
> > >
> > While it is true that you can still buy them, and that some do
> > still use them, the reality is almost no new computers come with
> > floppy drives unless you specifically ask for it.
> >
> > So technically you are correct, but don't let reality get in your way!!  :)
> >
> > --
> > Lloyd
>
> He never did adjust to the fact that little ol' Apple actually has some pull in the computer world  (that's really all this is about).

This is a snit forgery,

0
WaRmNfUzZy
11/24/2014 5:07:11 PM
"Lloyd Parsons" <lloydp21@live.com> wrote in message
> On 23 Nov 2014 13:39, Nobody wrote:
>>

>> http://floppydisk.com/index.htm
>>

>> http://www.pcworld.com/article/149878/apple_imac.html
>>
>> "Apple launched the Sony 3.5-inch disk drive with the Macintosh in
>> 1984--and 14 years later, the company killed it with the iMac, which
>> included no floppy drive whatsoever."
>>
>> Contrary to PC World and iCultists, floppy disks are still sold and in
>> use 16 years after Apple "killed" them.
>>
> While it is true that you can still buy them, and that some do
> still use them, the reality is almost no new computers come with
> floppy drives unless you specifically ask for it.
>
> So technically you are correct, but don't let reality get in your way!!
> :)

LOL. Leave it to some moronic "advocate" to drool over *floppy disks* and
how Apple doesn't support them any more. Anything to cling on to that 1970's
technology

In this day and age a floppy disk is about as useful as a punch-card or
paper-tape. For $10-$12 you can get a 32-gig thumbdrive with USB 3.0.

A $10 thumbdrive holds more than 22,000 high density floppies, over USB 3.0
it can read data thousands of times faster. When it comes to reliability
there's no comparison either.

I always wondered what sort of moron still uses (let alone "advocates")
floppy disks. The "Nobody" idiot came along and showed what sort of moron
still uses this ancient junk. I'm sure that because of his "floppy disk
advocacy" a lot of COLA "advocates" will be switching back to floppy disks
real soon.

BTW - Just because you can still buy some ancient technology (like floppy
disks) doesn't mean that it's somehow useful. If you look around you can
still buy blank punched cards and paper tape.

The world has moved on. Who the fuck cares about punched cards, paper tape
and floppy disks. Good riddance to that obsolete trash.

--
"Apple products seem mostly for product placement in movies and television
shows..."

July 20, 2013
The Nobody idiot

0
Ezekiel
11/24/2014 5:13:04 PM
On Mon, 24 Nov 2014 12:13:04 -0500, Ezekiel wrote:

> "Lloyd Parsons" <lloydp21@live.com> wrote in message
>> On 23 Nov 2014 13:39, Nobody wrote:
>>>

>>> http://floppydisk.com/index.htm
>>>

>>> http://www.pcworld.com/article/149878/apple_imac.html
>>>
>>> "Apple launched the Sony 3.5-inch disk drive with the Macintosh in
>>> 1984--and 14 years later, the company killed it with the iMac, which
>>> included no floppy drive whatsoever."
>>>
>>> Contrary to PC World and iCultists, floppy disks are still sold and in
>>> use 16 years after Apple "killed" them.
>>>
>> While it is true that you can still buy them, and that some do
>> still use them, the reality is almost no new computers come with
>> floppy drives unless you specifically ask for it.
>>
>> So technically you are correct, but don't let reality get in your way!!
>> :)
>>

> LOL. Leave it to some moronic "advocate" to drool over *floppy disks* and
> how Apple doesn't support them any more. Anything to cling on to that 1970's
> technology
>
> In this day and age a floppy disk is about as useful as a punch-card or
> paper-tape. For $10-$12 you can get a 32-gig thumbdrive with USB 3.0.
>
> A $10 thumbdrive holds more than 22,000 high density floppies, over USB 3.0
> it can read data thousands of times faster. When it comes to reliability
> there's no comparison either.
>
> I always wondered what sort of moron still uses (let alone "advocates")
> floppy disks. The "Nobody" idiot came along and showed what sort of moron
> still uses this ancient junk. I'm sure that because of his "floppy disk
> advocacy" a lot of COLA "advocates" will be switching back to floppy disks
> real soon.
>
> BTW - Just because you can still buy some ancient technology (like floppy
> disks) doesn't mean that it's somehow useful. If you look around you can
> still buy blank punched cards and paper tape.
>
> The world has moved on. Who the fuck cares about punched cards, paper tape
> and floppy disks. Good riddance to that obsolete trash.

As DFS would say "keep the hope alive"!
Bwaaaaaaaaaa!

--
flatfish+++

Linux: The Operating System That Put The City Of Munich Out Of
Business.
Before Switching To Linux Read This:
http://linuxfonts.narod.ru/why.linux.is.not.ready.for.the.desktop.current.html
0
us
11/24/2014 5:18:39 PM
On 24/11/2014 12:07 PM, WaRmNfUzZy wrote:
> In article <bf6c755a-28b4-400b-bb29-64f3113b01a7
> @googlegroups.com>, fretwizzer@gmail.com says...

>>> While it is true that you can still buy them, and that some do
>>> still use them, the reality is almost no new computers come with
>>> floppy drives unless you specifically ask for it.
>>>
>>> So technically you are correct, but don't let reality get in your way!!  :)
>>>
>>> --
>>> Lloyd
>>
>> He never did adjust to the fact that little ol' Apple actually has some pull in the computer world  (that's really all this is about).
>
> This is a snit forgery,

Your mom's stinky vagina is a Snit forgery.

--
Sir Slimer
OpenMedia Supporter
On 24/11/2014 12:13 PM, Ezekiel wrote:
> "Lloyd Parsons" <lloydp21@live.com> wrote in message
>> On 23 Nov 2014 13:39, Nobody wrote:
>>>

>>> http://floppydisk.com/index.htm
>>>

>>> http://www.pcworld.com/article/149878/apple_imac.html
>>>
>>> "Apple launched the Sony 3.5-inch disk drive with the Macintosh in
>>> 1984--and 14 years later, the company killed it with the iMac, which
>>> included no floppy drive whatsoever."
>>>
>>> Contrary to PC World and iCultists, floppy disks are still sold and in
>>> use 16 years after Apple "killed" them.
>>>
>> While it is true that you can still buy them, and that some do
>> still use them, the reality is almost no new computers come with
>> floppy drives unless you specifically ask for it.
>>
>> So technically you are correct, but don't let reality get in your way!!
>> :)
>>

> LOL. Leave it to some moronic "advocate" to drool over *floppy disks* and
> how Apple doesn't support them any more. Anything to cling on to that 1970's
> technology

But we all have so much important information on those 1.44MB disks. So
important in fact that we never bothered to transfer it onto a more
reliable media over the years.

> In this day and age a floppy disk is about as useful as a punch-card or
> paper-tape. For $10-$12 you can get a 32-gig thumbdrive with USB 3.0.

But I spent 30$ for 25 diskettes at Staples in 1990! If I upgrade, that
money will have gone to waste!

> A $10 thumbdrive holds more than 22,000 high density floppies, over USB 3.0
> it can read data thousands of times faster. When it comes to reliability
> there's no comparison either.

My floppy disk drive works fine as do my disks. Works for me, must be you!

> I always wondered what sort of moron still uses (let alone "advocates")
> floppy disks. The "Nobody" idiot came along and showed what sort of moron
> still uses this ancient junk. I'm sure that because of his "floppy disk
> advocacy" a lot of COLA "advocates" will be switching back to floppy disks
> real soon.

You can't be a REAL GNU/Linux advocate unless you installed Arch Linux
from a couple of hundred diskettes!

> BTW - Just because you can still buy some ancient technology (like floppy
> disks) doesn't mean that it's somehow useful. If you look around you can
> still buy blank punched cards and paper tape.

But do those punch cards hold GNU/Linux? I think not!

> The world has moved on. Who the fuck cares about punched cards, paper tape
> and floppy disks. Good riddance to that obsolete trash.

Stop wintrolling, wintroll.

--
Sir Slimer
OpenMedia Supporter
>> > While it is true that you can still buy them, and that some do
>> > still use them, the reality is almost no new computers come with
>> > floppy drives unless you specifically ask for it.
>> >
>> > So technically you are correct, but don't let reality get in your way!!  :)
>>
>> He never did adjust to the fact that little ol' Apple actually has some pull in the computer world  (that's really all this is about).

Apple doesn't have jack-shit for "pull" in in the PC market.

Certainly, the world at large ignored Apple's "lead" on floppy disks.
Floppy disks are dying at their own natural pace, unaffected by Apple.

--
"not having a clue of what you're talking about never interfered with
your sucking up before you ignorant shit stain."  -  Ezekreep
" flatfish+++" <phlatphish@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> On Mon, 24 Nov 2014 12:13:04 -0500, Ezekiel wrote:
>
>> "Lloyd Parsons" <lloydp21@live.com> wrote in message

>>> While it is true that you can still buy them, and that some do
>>> still use them, the reality is almost no new computers come with
>>> floppy drives unless you specifically ask for it.
>>>
>>> So technically you are correct, but don't let reality get in your way!!
>>> :)
>>>

>> LOL. Leave it to some moronic "advocate" to drool over *floppy disks* and
>> how Apple doesn't support them any more. Anything to cling on to that
>> 1970's
>> technology
>>
>> In this day and age a floppy disk is about as useful as a punch-card or
>> paper-tape. For $10-$12 you can get a 32-gig thumbdrive with USB 3.0.
>>
>> A $10 thumbdrive holds more than 22,000 high density floppies, over USB
>> 3.0
>> it can read data thousands of times faster. When it comes to reliability
>> there's no comparison either.
>>
>> I always wondered what sort of moron still uses (let alone "advocates")
>> floppy disks. The "Nobody" idiot came along and showed what sort of moron
>> still uses this ancient junk. I'm sure that because of his "floppy disk
>> advocacy" a lot of COLA "advocates" will be switching back to floppy
>> disks
>> real soon.
>>
>> BTW - Just because you can still buy some ancient technology (like floppy
>> disks) doesn't mean that it's somehow useful. If you look around you can
>> still buy blank punched cards and paper tape.
>>
>> The world has moved on. Who the fuck cares about punched cards, paper
>> tape
>> and floppy disks. Good riddance to that obsolete trash.
>
> As DFS would say "keep the hope alive"!
> Bwaaaaaaaaaa!

When we sold this house this summer and moved into Boston I found two old
floppy drives in a box in the garage. No idea if they even worked or not but
I simply threw them into the dumpster without even thinking about it.

It's nearly 2015... who the hell gives a shit about floppy disks? And how
stupid is someone who starts one/two new threads drooling over how floppy
disks are still relevant.

Fact is that if you're still using floppy disks then you probably pulled
your computer out of a dumpster behind the thrift shop.

--
"Apple is not really a computer company..."

JEDIDIAH who's too stupid to realize that just Apple's Mac business alone
would easily make it a Fortune 500 company.

Jan 30, 2014
<slrnleldns.8gc.jedi@nomad.mishnet>

0
Ezekiel
11/24/2014 5:25:07 PM
"Sir Slimer" <slvrslmr@lv.c> wrote in message
> On 24/11/2014 12:13 PM, Ezekiel wrote:
>> "Lloyd Parsons" <lloydp21@live.com> wrote in message

>>> While it is true that you can still buy them, and that some do
>>> still use them, the reality is almost no new computers come with
>>> floppy drives unless you specifically ask for it.
>>>
>>> So technically you are correct, but don't let reality get in your way!!
>>> :)
>>>

>> LOL. Leave it to some moronic "advocate" to drool over *floppy disks* and
>> how Apple doesn't support them any more. Anything to cling on to that
>> 1970's
>> technology
>
> But we all have so much important information on those 1.44MB disks. So
> important in fact that we never bothered to transfer it onto a more
> reliable media over the years.

Even when floppy disks were relatively common, they were painfully slow and
unreliable. There were dozens of times when the drive would sit there and
"hunt" before finally giving up with a read error.

In today's world what exactly are you going to put onto a floppy anyway? One
third of a song? Or maybe 500 msec of low definition video. Each of my
photos are in the 4-meg range so you can't even fit a photo on that ancient
technology.

>> In this day and age a floppy disk is about as useful as a punch-card or
>> paper-tape. For $10-$12 you can get a 32-gig thumbdrive with USB 3.0.
>
> But I spent 30$ for 25 diskettes at Staples in 1990! If I upgrade, that
> money will have gone to waste!
>
>> A $10 thumbdrive holds more than 22,000 high density floppies, over USB
>> 3.0
>> it can read data thousands of times faster. When it comes to reliability
>> there's no comparison either.
>
> My floppy disk drive works fine as do my disks. Works for me, must be you!

Apple did the right thing getting rid of the floppy from their computers.
Fortunately for everyone who uses a computer the other manufacturers had
enough brains to follow suit and not include that worthless junk on their
machines. There's no need for floppies in today's world because there are
faster, cheaper more reliable alternatives that have the storage capacity
needed in today's world.

>> I always wondered what sort of moron still uses (let alone "advocates")
>> floppy disks. The "Nobody" idiot came along and showed what sort of moron
>> still uses this ancient junk. I'm sure that because of his "floppy disk
>> advocacy" a lot of COLA "advocates" will be switching back to floppy
>> disks
>> real soon.
>
> You can't be a REAL GNU/Linux advocate unless you installed Arch Linux
> from a couple of hundred diskettes!

And chances are that disk #19 is going to have some read errors.

>> BTW - Just because you can still buy some ancient technology (like floppy
>> disks) doesn't mean that it's somehow useful. If you look around you can
>> still buy blank punched cards and paper tape.
>
> But do those punch cards hold GNU/Linux? I think not!
>
>> The world has moved on. Who the fuck cares about punched cards, paper
>> tape
>> and floppy disks. Good riddance to that obsolete trash.
>
> Stop wintrolling, wintroll.

I'm anti-floppy. And proud of it.

--
"about 70% of the iPads quit working on 3G when upgraded to iOS 7."
The RonB (wRonG) liar.

0
Ezekiel
11/24/2014 5:32:54 PM
On 24/11/2014 12:25 PM, Ezekiel wrote:
> " flatfish+++" <phlatphish@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> On Mon, 24 Nov 2014 12:13:04 -0500, Ezekiel wrote:
>>
>>> "Lloyd Parsons" <lloydp21@live.com> wrote in message

>>> LOL. Leave it to some moronic "advocate" to drool over *floppy disks* and
>>> how Apple doesn't support them any more. Anything to cling on to that
>>> 1970's
>>> technology
>>>
>>> In this day and age a floppy disk is about as useful as a punch-card or
>>> paper-tape. For $10-$12 you can get a 32-gig thumbdrive with USB 3.0.
>>>
>>> A $10 thumbdrive holds more than 22,000 high density floppies, over USB
>>> 3.0
>>> it can read data thousands of times faster. When it comes to reliability
>>> there's no comparison either.
>>>
>>> I always wondered what sort of moron still uses (let alone "advocates")
>>> floppy disks. The "Nobody" idiot came along and showed what sort of moron
>>> still uses this ancient junk. I'm sure that because of his "floppy disk
>>> advocacy" a lot of COLA "advocates" will be switching back to floppy
>>> disks
>>> real soon.
>>>
>>> BTW - Just because you can still buy some ancient technology (like floppy
>>> disks) doesn't mean that it's somehow useful. If you look around you can
>>> still buy blank punched cards and paper tape.
>>>
>>> The world has moved on. Who the fuck cares about punched cards, paper
>>> tape
>>> and floppy disks. Good riddance to that obsolete trash.
>>
>> As DFS would say "keep the hope alive"!
>> Bwaaaaaaaaaa!
>>

> When we sold this house this summer and moved into Boston I found two old
> floppy drives in a box in the garage. No idea if they even worked or not but
> I simply threw them into the dumpster without even thinking about it.

They held 256-colour naked GIFs of the previous owners. You did society
a favour.

> It's nearly 2015... who the hell gives a shit about floppy disks? And how
> stupid is someone who starts one/two new threads drooling over how floppy
> disks are still relevant.
>
> Fact is that if you're still using floppy disks then you probably pulled
> your computer out of a dumpster behind the thrift shop.

And prevented John Gohde from buying it.

--
Sir Slimer
OpenMedia Supporter
On Mon, 24 Nov 2014 12:32:54 -0500, Ezekiel wrote:

> [...]
>>> floppy disks. The "Nobody" idiot came along and showed what sort of moron
>>> still uses this ancient junk. I'm sure that because of his "floppy disk
>>> advocacy" a lot of COLA "advocates" will be switching back to floppy
>>> disks
>>> real soon.
>>
>> You can't be a REAL GNU/Linux advocate unless you installed Arch Linux
>> from a couple of hundred diskettes!
>
> And chances are that disk #19 is going to have some read errors.
>

>>> BTW - Just because you can still buy some ancient technology (like floppy
>>> disks) doesn't mean that it's somehow useful. If you look around you can
>>> still buy blank punched cards and paper tape.
>>
>> But do those punch cards hold GNU/Linux? I think not!
>>
>>> The world has moved on. Who the fuck cares about punched cards, paper
>>> tape
>>> and floppy disks. Good riddance to that obsolete trash.

Floppies were always time bombs.
I remember installing OS/2 from like 30 3.5 inch floppies and it
crapping out on floppy #26 or something.
Not fun.

I'm glad they are gone and I hope they stay gone.

Only in the Linux world do you hear people talking about such ancient
technology.
--
flatfish+++

Linux: The Operating System That Put The City Of Munich Out Of
Business.
Before Switching To Linux Read This:
http://linuxfonts.narod.ru/why.linux.is.not.ready.for.the.desktop.current.html
0
us
11/24/2014 5:39:23 PM
On 24/11/2014 12:32 PM, Ezekiel wrote:

>> But we all have so much important information on those 1.44MB disks. So
>> important in fact that we never bothered to transfer it onto a more
>> reliable media over the years.
>
> Even when floppy disks were relatively common, they were painfully slow and
> unreliable. There were dozens of times when the drive would sit there and
> "hunt" before finally giving up with a read error.
>
> In today's world what exactly are you going to put onto a floppy anyway? One
> third of a song? Or maybe 500 msec of low definition video. Each of my
> photos are in the 4-meg range so you can't even fit a photo on that ancient
> technology.

Back when 1.44MB was pretty much the only thing available for mobile
media, I used to wish something better would come along. My disks would
ALWAYS corrupt and become unusable because of bad sectors and the like.
That media never seemed to last more than six months before croaking.

>>> I always wondered what sort of moron still uses (let alone "advocates")
>>> floppy disks. The "Nobody" idiot came along and showed what sort of moron
>>> still uses this ancient junk. I'm sure that because of his "floppy disk
>>> advocacy" a lot of COLA "advocates" will be switching back to floppy
>>> disks
>>> real soon.
>>
>> You can't be a REAL GNU/Linux advocate unless you installed Arch Linux
>> from a couple of hundred diskettes!
>
> And chances are that disk #19 is going to have some read errors.

LOL, that ALWAYS happened. You just brought back such terrible memories.
The only disks I had which would never corrupt were the ones on which
operating systems were shipped. I wouldn't be surprised if those disks
still worked today if I still had them. I'm not sure why but any virgins
disks I bought in the store would never do as well.

--
Sir Slimer
OpenMedia Supporter
chrisv wrote:

> >> He never did adjust to the fact that little ol' Apple actually
> >> has some pull in the computer world  (that's really all this is about).
>
> Apple doesn't have jack-shit for "pull" in in the PC market.
>
> Certainly, the world at large ignored Apple's "lead" on floppy disks.
> Floppy disks are dying at their own natural pace, unaffected by Apple.

Oh, so then chrisv is still using 5.25" floppies?

After all, the transition from 5.25" to 3.5" started with
the original Mac in 1984.

And here's some more:

<http://techland.time.com/2014/01/24/mac-thirtieth-anniversary/>

FYI, the Web's HTML and spin-offs (XML, etc) have been
attributed as functionally derivative work of (then-Apple
Employee) Bill Atkinson's 'HyperCard' and HyperText language.

-hh
0
hh
11/24/2014 5:51:04 PM
Ezekiel wrote:

> In today's world what exactly are you going to
> put onto a floppy anyway? One third of a song?

The reality is nothing that you wouldn't just email.

Granted, there still are uses for 'sneakernet',
but burned optical media and/or USB Thumb Drives
have quite thoroughly obsoleted the value of
having a floppy disk drive ... be it a 3.5" one,
or a 5.25" or 8" one.

-hh
0
hh
11/24/2014 5:53:58 PM
On 24/11/2014 12:39 PM,  flatfish+++ wrote:
> On Mon, 24 Nov 2014 12:32:54 -0500, Ezekiel wrote:
>
>> "Sir Slimer" <slvrslmr@lv.c> wrote in message

>>> But we all have so much important information on those 1.44MB disks. So
>>> important in fact that we never bothered to transfer it onto a more
>>> reliable media over the years.
>>
>> Even when floppy disks were relatively common, they were painfully slow and
>> unreliable. There were dozens of times when the drive would sit there and
>> "hunt" before finally giving up with a read error.
>>
>> In today's world what exactly are you going to put onto a floppy anyway? One
>> third of a song? Or maybe 500 msec of low definition video. Each of my
>> photos are in the 4-meg range so you can't even fit a photo on that ancient
>> technology.

>>> But I spent 30$ for 25 diskettes at Staples in 1990! If I upgrade, that
>>> money will have gone to waste!

>>> My floppy disk drive works fine as do my disks. Works for me, must be you!
>>
>> Apple did the right thing getting rid of the floppy from their computers.
>> Fortunately for everyone who uses a computer the other manufacturers had
>> enough brains to follow suit and not include that worthless junk on their
>> machines. There's no need for floppies in today's world because there are
>> faster, cheaper more reliable alternatives that have the storage capacity
>> needed in today's world.

>>> You can't be a REAL GNU/Linux advocate unless you installed Arch Linux
>>> from a couple of hundred diskettes!
>>
>> And chances are that disk #19 is going to have some read errors.

>>> But do those punch cards hold GNU/Linux? I think not!

>>> Stop wintrolling, wintroll.
>>
>> I'm anti-floppy. And proud of it.
>
> Floppies were always time bombs.
> I remember installing OS/2 from like 30 3.5 inch floppies and it
> crapping out on floppy #26 or something.
> Not fun.
>
> I'm glad they are gone and I hope they stay gone.
>
> Only in the Linux world do you hear people talking about such ancient
> technology.

They're kind of like those jocks from high school who spend the rest of
their lives trying to relive high school because it was the only time
during which they were important. After that, those "nerds" they made
fun of not only got the job but they got the girl.

I assume the GNU/Linux fanatics had some sort of special moment with
floppies for them to want them to live forever. First masturbation
session, perhaps?

--
Sir Slimer
OpenMedia Supporter
> On 24/11/2014 12:32 PM, Ezekiel wrote:
>
>>> But we all have so much important information on those 1.44MB disks. So
>>> important in fact that we never bothered to transfer it onto a more
>>> reliable media over the years.
>>
>> Even when floppy disks were relatively common, they were painfully slow
>> and
>> unreliable. There were dozens of times when the drive would sit there and
>> "hunt" before finally giving up with a read error.
>>
>> In today's world what exactly are you going to put onto a floppy anyway?
>> One
>> third of a song? Or maybe 500 msec of low definition video. Each of my
>> photos are in the 4-meg range so you can't even fit a photo on that
>> ancient
>> technology.
>
> Back when 1.44MB was pretty much the only thing available for mobile
> media, I used to wish something better would come along. My disks would
> ALWAYS corrupt and become unusable because of bad sectors and the like.
> That media never seemed to last more than six months before croaking.

I always bought good quality floppy disks and they sucked too. People used
floppy disks back in the 90's because that was basically your only choice
for removable media. If you wanted to move files/data then your choice was
either a floppy or a floppy. There wasn't much else.

Now there is technology that is several orders of magnitude better than a
floppy. A simple thumb-drive for example blow an ancient floppy disk away in
absolutely every measurable criteria.

>>> You can't be a REAL GNU/Linux advocate unless you installed Arch Linux
>>> from a couple of hundred diskettes!
>>
>> And chances are that disk #19 is going to have some read errors.
>
> LOL, that ALWAYS happened. You just brought back such terrible memories.
> The only disks I had which would never corrupt were the ones on which
> operating systems were shipped. I wouldn't be surprised if those disks
> still worked today if I still had them. I'm not sure why but any virgins
> disks I bought in the store would never do as well.

For a brief time recordable CD's and then recordable DVD's took the place of
floppy disks. I still have a recordable DVD on my desktop and laptop but it
doesn't get much use.  It's just a matter of time before those become as
obsolete as the floppy.

--
It takes a special breed of dishonest idiot, like "Ezekiel", to twist
"founder" into "fail".

    [FOUNDER (verb) - To become wrecked; *fail* utterly:
    "The project foundered because public support was lacking."]

chrisv - making a fool of Zeke again.
Mar 22, 2012

0
Ezekiel
11/24/2014 5:57:40 PM
"-hh" <recscuba_google@huntzinger.com> wrote in message

>> Apple doesn't have jack-shit for "pull" in in the PC market.
>>
>> Certainly, the world at large ignored Apple's "lead" on floppy disks.
>> Floppy disks are dying at their own natural pace, unaffected by Apple.
>
> Oh, so then chrisv is still using 5.25" floppies?
>
> After all, the transition from 5.25" to 3.5" started with
> the original Mac in 1984.
>
> And here's some more:
>
> <http://techland.time.com/2014/01/24/mac-thirtieth-anniversary/>
>
> FYI, the Web's HTML and spin-offs (XML, etc) have been
> attributed as functionally derivative work of (then-Apple
> Employee) Bill Atkinson's 'HyperCard' and HyperText language.

LOL - when a moron like chrisv/turdv makes a technical claim then you know
the exact opposite is true.

Besides the 5.25" to 3.5"  floppy you mentioned there's a lot more. Seems
that a GUI is pretty standard these days... what computer company pioneered
much of the GUI that people use today?  Most computers also have a mouse (or
touchpad or other "pointing" device). And this was brought to the masses by
who again?

Looking at Dell, Lenovo, etc there seem to be an awful lot of computers that
try to mimic the form factor of the iMac...  Nah!  That's also has to be a
big coincidence because turdv just told us that Apple has no influence on
the computer industry.

--
This reminds me of a Relf classic.

    "Testing is how you know
     if the  code works or not,
     not compile-time warnings."
     -  Jeff Relf

Heh.  One doesn't need to be a pro, to know how stupid that is...

Heh. One doesn't need to be a pro to know what a clueless moron turdv is.
June 13, 2014
<d6plp958n3o545aqg62banloa9sip3ds6n@4ax.com>

0
Ezekiel
11/24/2014 6:03:54 PM
On 24/11/2014 12:51 PM, -hh wrote:

>> Apple doesn't have jack-shit for "pull" in in the PC market.
>>
>> Certainly, the world at large ignored Apple's "lead" on floppy disks.
>> Floppy disks are dying at their own natural pace, unaffected by Apple.
>
> Oh, so then chrisv is still using 5.25" floppies?

Yes, and we're all *fsckwits* for not doing the same.

--
Sir Slimer
OpenMedia Supporter
On 2014-11-24, chrisv <chrisv@nospam.invalid> wrote:

>>> He never did adjust to the fact that little ol' Apple actually has some pull in the computer world  (that's really all this is about).
>
> Apple doesn't have jack-shit for "pull" in in the PC market.
>
> Certainly, the world at large ignored Apple's "lead" on floppy disks.
> Floppy disks are dying at their own natural pace, unaffected by Apple.

     Agreed. Apple punishes it's end users but that doesn't really have
any relevance for the rest of us. The other 90% of the hardware market
does whatever it wants and doesn't go out of it's way to eliminate choice.
They can't. Someone else will come along and "push them down the stairs" if
they do that.

     Apple has a captive market willing to be abused.

     You can't say that about the rest of it.

     I have systems with PS/2 ports and USB3 ports. One does not interfere
with the other. You don't need to turn the user's legacy peripherals into
land fill fodder just to support the latest shiny shiny.

     Floppies weren't made obsolete until tech caught up. Meanwhile, Apple
users were scrambling to deal with being f*cked over. That included buying
after market USB floppy drives.

--
    Apple: Because only pirates are power users.                     |||
                                                                    / | \
> Ezekiel wrote:
>>
>> In today's world what exactly are you going to
>> put onto a floppy anyway? One third of a song?
>
> The reality is nothing that you wouldn't just email.
>
> Granted, there still are uses for 'sneakernet',
> but burned optical media and/or USB Thumb Drives
> have quite thoroughly obsoleted the value of
> having a floppy disk drive ... be it a 3.5" one,
> or a 5.25" or 8" one.

I've posted this here before but topics like this remind me of the story.

We've lived in Boston since the 90's and there are quite a few colleges and
universities here (Harvard, MIT, Tufts, etc). There was a story on all the
local news channels 3-4 years ago where a graduate student had her laptop
stolen from her car.

The girl didn't even want her laptop back - she just wanted her doctoral
dissertation that was on the HDD that she had been working on for a couple
of years.

I have no idea if she ever got her laptop back or not but when I saw the
story I'm thinking that maybe she's smart and gets good grades but she's
incredibly foolish. But a USB drive for $15 and backup your files. Take your
dissertation and email it to yourself which effectively creates a backup.

Even if her laptop wasn't stolen things break. The HDD can die. It's just an
accident waiting to happen (and it did happen) by storing *everything*
that's important on a laptop and not backing it up.

--
"It is laughable! Ezekiel and flatfish often use the term profit instead of
revenue and pretend to know business matters"

Some liar/advocate calling itself "sbd"

<m26q6d$lug$1@dont-email.me>
Oct 21, 2014

0
Ezekiel
11/24/2014 6:11:18 PM
On 24/11/2014 12:57 PM, Ezekiel wrote:

>> Back when 1.44MB was pretty much the only thing available for mobile
>> media, I used to wish something better would come along. My disks would
>> ALWAYS corrupt and become unusable because of bad sectors and the like.
>> That media never seemed to last more than six months before croaking.
>
> I always bought good quality floppy disks and they sucked too. People used
> floppy disks back in the 90's because that was basically your only choice
> for removable media. If you wanted to move files/data then your choice was
> either a floppy or a floppy. There wasn't much else.
>
> Now there is technology that is several orders of magnitude better than a
> floppy. A simple thumb-drive for example blow an ancient floppy disk away in
> absolutely every measurable criteria.

Quality of the media doesn't matter to GNUslims. After all, they use
GNU/Linux which is the best indication that quality is not a concern.

>> LOL, that ALWAYS happened. You just brought back such terrible memories.
>> The only disks I had which would never corrupt were the ones on which
>> operating systems were shipped. I wouldn't be surprised if those disks
>> still worked today if I still had them. I'm not sure why but any virgins
>> disks I bought in the store would never do as well.
>
> For a brief time recordable CD's and then recordable DVD's took the place of
> floppy disks. I still have a recordable DVD on my desktop and laptop but it
> doesn't get much use.  It's just a matter of time before those become as
> obsolete as the floppy.

Well, I actually have to go buy a spindle of CDs if you can believe
that. I bought the Metallica collection from a friend of mine and the
CDs are in bad shape so I figured I'd download the FLACs of the albums
and make an audio CD to replace them. Since I purchased the content, I
don't see why it would be an issue for me to do such a thing.

--
Sir Slimer
OpenMedia Supporter
> On 24/11/2014 12:39 PM,  flatfish+++ wrote:
>> On Mon, 24 Nov 2014 12:32:54 -0500, Ezekiel wrote:
>>
>> Floppies were always time bombs.
>> I remember installing OS/2 from like 30 3.5 inch floppies and it
>> crapping out on floppy #26 or something.
>> Not fun.
>>
>> I'm glad they are gone and I hope they stay gone.
>>
>> Only in the Linux world do you hear people talking about such ancient
>> technology.
>
> They're kind of like those jocks from high school who spend the rest of
> their lives trying to relive high school because it was the only time
> during which they were important. After that, those "nerds" they made fun
> of not only got the job but they got the girl.
>
> I assume the GNU/Linux fanatics had some sort of special moment with
> floppies for them to want them to live forever. First masturbation
> session, perhaps?

You have to remember who started the "floppy disks are great" advocacy. It
was the same Nobody idiot who thinks that the AIX operating system is an
Apple product.

His life is so busy and meaningful now that he doesn't have time for menial
things. He's too busy advocating the virtues of floppy disks!

--
"I'm sure people would gladly pay Apple three or four times the price of an
Galaxy Note 4 ...."

(Zeke) "three to four times the price" -
        yes, you really are that stupid.

(Nobody) "One can not help but notice the
          complete lack of any figures to
          back up your insults."

The Nobody idiot - claiming that an Apple phone costs "three to four times"
the price of a Galaxy Note 4.

Oct 2, 2014
<4Z8Xv.381574$1s.59297@fx05.iad>

0
Ezekiel
11/24/2014 6:17:44 PM
> On 24/11/2014 12:57 PM, Ezekiel wrote:
>

>> For a brief time recordable CD's and then recordable DVD's took the place
>> of
>> floppy disks. I still have a recordable DVD on my desktop and laptop but
>> it
>> doesn't get much use.  It's just a matter of time before those become as
>> obsolete as the floppy.
>
> Well, I actually have to go buy a spindle of CDs if you can believe that.
> I bought the Metallica collection from a friend of mine and the CDs are in
> bad shape so I figured I'd download the FLACs of the albums and make an
> audio CD to replace them. Since I purchased the content, I don't see why
> it would be an issue for me to do such a thing.

The storage closet in my office also has a stack of recordable CDs and DVDs.
I've had those stacks for several years and the pace that I use them is
slowing down each and every year.

I burned a few disks in the last few months but that was the first time in
quite a while. They're not dead yet and I'm not claiming they are. But the
writing is on the wall and over time this form of media will continue to
become less and less relevant to most people.

--
<quote>
Stallman suggests paying the check. Before the waiter can take it away,

Instead of bearing the image of a George Washington or Abe Lincoln, the
bill's front side bears the image of a cartoon pig. Instead of the United
States of America, the banner above the pig reads "United Swines of
Avarice." The bill is for zero dollars, and when the waiter picks up the
money, Stallman makes sure to tug on his sleeve.

"I added an extra zero to your tip," Stallman says, yet another half smile
creeping across his lips.
</quote>

0
Ezekiel
11/24/2014 6:37:04 PM
On Mon, 24 Nov 2014 13:17:44 -0500, Ezekiel wrote:

> "Sir Slimer" <slvrslmr@lv.c> wrote in message
>> On 24/11/2014 12:39 PM,  flatfish+++ wrote:
>>> On Mon, 24 Nov 2014 12:32:54 -0500, Ezekiel wrote:
>>>
>>> Floppies were always time bombs.
>>> I remember installing OS/2 from like 30 3.5 inch floppies and it
>>> crapping out on floppy #26 or something.
>>> Not fun.
>>>
>>> I'm glad they are gone and I hope they stay gone.
>>>
>>> Only in the Linux world do you hear people talking about such ancient
>>> technology.
>>
>> They're kind of like those jocks from high school who spend the rest of
>> their lives trying to relive high school because it was the only time
>> during which they were important. After that, those "nerds" they made fun
>> of not only got the job but they got the girl.
>>
>> I assume the GNU/Linux fanatics had some sort of special moment with
>> floppies for them to want them to live forever. First masturbation
>> session, perhaps?
>>

> You have to remember who started the "floppy disks are great" advocacy. It
> was the same Nobody idiot who thinks that the AIX operating system is an
> Apple product.
>
> His life is so busy and meaningful now that he doesn't have time for menial
> things. He's too busy advocating the virtues of floppy disks!

Edwin, the Nobody nym here in COLA, has been displaying his ignorance
since the days when he used to post in CSMA.

He's not the brightest bulb in the box.

--
flatfish+++

Linux: The Operating System That Put The City Of Munich Out Of
Business.
Before Switching To Linux Read This:
http://linuxfonts.narod.ru/why.linux.is.not.ready.for.the.desktop.current.html
0
us
11/24/2014 8:02:46 PM
JEDIDIAH wrote:
> On 2014-11-24, chrisv <chrisv@nospam.invalid> wrote:
>
> > Apple doesn't have jack-shit for "pull" in in the PC market.
> >
> > Certainly, the world at large ignored Apple's "lead"
> > on floppy disks.  Floppy disks are dying at their own
> > natural pace, unaffected by Apple.
>
> Agreed. Apple punishes it's end users but that doesn't
> really have any relevance for the rest of us.

Care to show us a new laptop that one can buy today which
still has a built-in floppy drive featured, JED?  I'm sure
that you might be able to find one or two, but you'll
search through hundreds without any while searching for it.

> The other 90% of the hardware market does whatever it wants
> and doesn't go out of it's way to eliminate choice.

Which often includes copying Apple's lead.  However, the
WinTel market tries to compete by offering more "features"
than the next guy, even if said features are of marginal
incremental value or even pragmatically useless.  Having a
ton of built-in USB ports is an example of the former and
still holding onto stuff like PS/2 ports is an example of
the latter.

And the reason why the WinTels try to compete on hardware
features is because they're all using the same OS, so they
don't have any source of product differentiation there.

> I have systems with PS/2 ports and USB3 ports. One does
> not interfere with the other.

Actually, deep down they do interfere, because the CPU's
backplane has only so many channels with which to allocate.

> You don't need to turn the user's legacy peripherals into
> land fill fodder just to support the latest shiny shiny.

Just how long is some "legacy" peripheral's useful lifetime
actually going to be?  YMMV, but very few people still have
PS/2 mice that have survived 25 years of use...odds are that
they've literally worn out by now.

> Floppies weren't made obsolete until tech caught up.

When the iMac first shipped, the 1.44MB max capacity of
a 3.5" floppy disk could be transmitted via 56K modem in
less than four (4) minutes...and by the next year with
the rollout of 802.11b WiFi, it dropped to just a few seconds
and was faster than one could get the same data read off
of a floppy.

> Meanwhile, Apple users were scrambling to deal with
> being f*cked over. That included buying after market
> USB floppy drives.

There was some 'fear of the unknown' which did occur and
to that end, there were a good number of people who decided
to hedge their bets by spending a whopping $20 for a USB
external 3.5" floppy drive.  However, people learned quite
quickly that faster internet connections made the use case
concerns quite obsolete.  For the average and non-insane
consumer, they've probably touched a floppy for actual
productive IT application less than a parametric five times
within the last decade...and in most of those instances, it
was probably because they found an old floppy in a drawer
and decided to take a quick look before throwing it out.

-hh
0
hh

OS/2 and floppy disk drives
What does OS/2, specifically Warp 4.52, have to do with floppy disk drives? For some years now, I've had an intermittent problem with booting on one of my OS/2 systems. The system starts with a SCSI bus scan, during which the access indicators on each of the SCSI devices will blink, followed by the access indicator on the floppy disk drive coming on. Sometimes the boot process hangs at that point. Yes, I realize that OS/2 isn't involved at this point. Read on. Usually the cure is to try again, and the boot process will get past that sticking point, immediately going thr...

Floppy disks and floppy drives.
Sorting through some old boxes of stuff that has been screaming out to be sorted. I find a couple dozen floppy drives and literally hundreds of floppy disks (which I'm currently processing). Was curious to know if they still had a place in this day 'n' age of micro storage cards and dvd+rws. Would love to know if I could do anything with them apart from stripping the drives for their motors. TR Trail Rat wrote: > >Sorting through some old boxes of stuff that has been screaming out to >be sorted. I find a couple dozen floppy drives and literally hund...

Re: Boot from USB PRM (Partitioned Removable Media ) failed after loading OS2LVM.DMD error: "OS/2 is unable to operate OS/2 is unable to operate your hard disk or diskette drive"
For the knowledge base: add to the thread 3 month old Done a test with an T41 ( with USB 2.0 port ) and USB 2.0 Cardreader! Result: Error "OS/2 is unable ......" Next step in test: 1. Downgrade the drive to the level Mike Luther works with!! Do a test boot form CF Card 2. recreate the test results ( Mike Luther) with boot form usb diskette. kind regards Rainer Rainer Stroebel schrieb: > > For the knowledge base: add to the thread 3 month old cross post of the info from comp.os.so2.apps Thread : How to boot OS/2 4.52 (to a ...

Question:Can I boot from a floppy disk and install Linux from an external USB2.0 Drive
Hi, If I had made a linux file system on external USB2.0 drive then download the latest version of the Linux installation image files on it for friend's brand new machine Linux installtion, is there a specific boot floppy disk with USB driver built in for external USB drive installation. I knew the network boot disk can allow to do that installation on the local area network using the mounting way. But if this brand new machine is just a stand alone machine. If there is a way to do the installation using USB drive, then I can avoid the tedious buring CD image process and...

Boot from USB PRM (Partitioned Removable Media ) failed after loading OS2LVM.DMD error: "OS/2 is unable to operate your hard disk or diskette drive"
Hardware: IBM ThinkPad T23 Software: OS/2 MCP2 with current fix pak and driver level 1. create a maintance partiton on my primary HDD with bootabel 4.3 minium features: only boot to cmd prompt, no wps support USB Support basic and USBMSD.ADD Test the system - system is in Boot Manager Menue 2. take a CF 1 GB Card and create a partiton on the medium How to it: readme.tx from LVM fixpak / Update 14.105 (XR0L002) 3. the PRM partition has a drive letter of C: in my configuration 4. xcopy y:*.* c:*.* /H /O /T /S /E /R /V y...

Boot from USB PRM (Partitioned Removable Media ) failed after loading OS2LVM.DMD error: "OS/2 is unable to operate your hard disk or diskette drive"
cross post - please look at the thread in comp.os.os2.bugs Rainer ...

Diskette drive 0 seek failure, Please insert a disk into drive a:
Hello, I recently bought a Dell Dimension 4600 computer off of ebay. It was about 2/3rds of the new price, but it came with no floppy. Dell sales assured me that any floppy would work, so I bought a cable and floppy from the local store. The first time I installed it, I got it wrong. The light stayed on, so the cable was reversed. I corrected this. I also changed the BIOS as the owner's manual said. But there are still problems. When I boot, there is a message: Diskette drive 0 seek failure The system will boot to XP. In explorer, it will find the A: drive. I will inser...

Floppy disk drives
Has any one hacked the motors and drivers used in a floppy disk drive. Any information would be very much appreciated. Thank you. ...

Duplicate Linux Disk
I've a running fedora 4 on /dev/sda. I intend to duplicate to another disk /dev/sdb in case the first disk faulty. I did a tar from /dev/ sda1 to /dev/sdb1 and dd if=/dev/sda of=/dev/sdb bs=512 count =1 to copy over the MBR. But when I swap the entire disk from /dev/sdb to / dev/sda. The duplicate disk unable to boot. Is there any additional command in order for the duplicate disk to be bootable. Thanks. On 2 May 2007 23:29:35 -0700, yongtm@yahoo.com wrote: > I've a running fedora 4 on /dev/sda. I intend to duplicate to another > disk /dev/sdb in case the first disk...

Linux users have to install by pushing floppy after floppy into drive says MICROS~1
EV1Servers.net Leading Hosted Service Provider Deploys Windows-based Hosting Solutions Faster than Linux-based Solutions case study Posted: September 15, 2003 "Automated Deployment Services (ADS)�a powerful new server purposing tool in Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition" "Business managers at EV1 Servers.net knew that there was a demand for a Microsoft Windows-based hosted service offering" "Executives at the company were well aware that customers were making inquiries about purchasing dedicated hosting services built on the Microsoft� Windows� operat...

Sources for OS discs?
Hi all, I have a 6.5 base set of CDs, but it's not complete. It's missing the dev disks. Is there a good source from which I could buy these disks? Ebay seems to be lacking in Irix discs as of late... Thanks, Mike ...

floppy disk drive
Hi, are there any new HD drives available for to use in a TT? Und TTsch� ps ...

Linux users have to install by pushing floppy after floppy into drive says MICROS~1
EV1Servers.net Leading Hosted Service Provider Deploys Windows-based Hosting Solutions Faster than Linux-based Solutions case study Posted: September 15, 2003 "Automated Deployment Services (ADS)�a powerful new server purposing tool in Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition" "Business managers at EV1 Servers.net knew that there was a demand for a Microsoft Windows-based hosted service offering" "Executives at the company were well aware that customers were making inquiries about purchasing dedicated hosting services built on the Microsoft� Windows� operat...

os.linux.advocacy
Dear Friend, I have found some great articles at: http://www.familyandtwist.com/ http:www.articlestwist.com/ http://www.downloadstwist.com/ http://www.wallpaperstwist.com/ Read them all. Thanks mahmar07@gmail.com came up with this when s/he headbutted the keyboard a moment ago in comp.os.linux.advocacy: > Dear Friend, > > I have found some great articles at: > <URLs snipped> > Read them all. > > Thanks Not without a summary, I ain't. -- Spanking brand new high end desktop computer: £1700 Spanking brand new colour laser printer/scanner/copier/fax...

Web resources about - The Source for Floppy Disks, Diskette Drives, and Disc Duplication - comp.os.linux.advocacy

Duplication - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Symmetry , has two meanings. The first is a vague sense of harmonious and beautiful proportion and balance. The second is an exact mathematical ...

Queensland Election: LNP promises Sunshine Coast train line duplication
... rail line. The Sunshine Coast would get an extra 150 train services a week under an LNP plan to duplicate part of the rail line. A line duplication ...

Commission of Audit and duplication
Do you think there is unecessary duplication across state and federal services?

'Role duplication' drives redundancies at M2
... 150 people redundant, the company announced this morning. In a statement issued to the ASX the company said that it had identified "role duplication" ...

Duplication for NBN in Canberra?
NBN might double up in the ACT. And one observer is not happy about it.

Blizzard fixes Diablo III gold duplication bug, but the damage may be done
... would get twice as much gold returned to them, creating an easy source of infinite in-game currency. Blizzard made players aware of the duplication ...

About Entities, Aggregates and Data Duplication.
... so far, for this class, except validation (which as Udi Dahan would say, doesn't necessarily belong to the domain layer) but the smell of duplication ...

SMX West 2012: Duplication, Aggregation, Syndication, Affiliates, Scraping & Info Architecture
... brand, coupons, discounts and bundles, pricing policy, nearest stores, email notifications) photos, videos and other assets Read more of Duplication, ...

Redraw Cuyahoga County to erase duplication and save money: Joe Frolik - cleveland.com
Break out your crayons, pencils and creativity. Cuyahoga County needs a new map. But first, let's talk about why we need a new map. The bottom ...