f



The Ten Commandments for Linux Distributions. (What Linux is REALLY like!)

Another example of how lame Linux is. This poor guy could easily do all
that he listed with one copy of Windows XP yet he needs 5 or more Linux
distributions to do the same.

The problem with Linux is the old distribution shuffle that is a necessary
evil because no distribution can do all that this guy asks,
and he isn't asking much.

He is wasting so much time switching Linux distributions it's a wonder he
has time to do anything else.

But that's what Linux is about, wasting time.

Linux is free if you don't value your time.



http://www.yoper.com/forum2/index.php?showtopic=4866

The Ten Commandments for Linux Distributions

1) Thou shalt recognize the printer.
2) Thou shalt receive pictures from a digital camera.
3) Thou shalt acknowledge the Video Card & Monitor.
4) Thou shalt identify the Hard Disk.
5) Thou shalt approve the CPU and the Motherboard.
6) Thou shalt connect to the Internet.
7) Thou shalt work with any CD & DVD rom.
8) Thou shalt have all movie codecs to watch all the porn we have.
9) Thou shalt be easy to install.
10) Thou shalt not crash.

I'm getting mad here I guess. 
I'm in a situation where I have to use

Suse to listen to the radio and print; 

Yoper to watch movies & online tvand radio stations;

Mepis to burn a CD;

Slackware to download pictures from my digital camera,
Knoppix and Slax when everything else goes wrong.

Meanwhile my experience with Gentoo was quite painful, I somehow
succeeded to install it; but afterwards while downloading & installing
some new things I screwed up the whole system.

Debian systems (apt-get) helps you to download a lot of programs,
but sometimes you can mess up things by downloading too much.

Fedora Core & Mandrake are lame as hell.

I ended up trying Rock Linux but I guess it is hard
to find and install every single document the operating system needs.

I'm bored out of my mind to install a new distribution almost every week.
 
(I even tried Ubuntu & Libranet !)

Please, please and please; just obey these commandments.

Thank you.

`NeRVaL



Let the lies from the LIEnix community begin.
foamy
0
flipal (334)
10/26/2004 7:17:29 PM
comp.os.linux.advocacy 124139 articles. 3 followers. Post Follow

25 Replies
583 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 50

On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 15:17:29 -0400, foamy wrote:

<snip> 

Well he's in an unusual situation...I don't have any of the problems he
talks about myself.

0
liam8 (4986)
10/26/2004 7:22:47 PM
foamy wrote:

> Another example of how lame Linux is. This poor guy could easily do all
> that he listed with one copy of Windows XP yet he needs 5 or more Linux
> distributions to do the same.
> 
> The problem with Linux is the old distribution shuffle that is a necessary
> evil because no distribution can do all that this guy asks,
> and he isn't asking much.
> 
> He is wasting so much time switching Linux distributions it's a wonder he
> has time to do anything else.
> 
> But that's what Linux is about, wasting time.
> 
> Linux is free if you don't value your time.
> 
> 
> 
> http://www.yoper.com/forum2/index.php?showtopic=4866
> 
> The Ten Commandments for Linux Distributions

Using Mandrake 10.0 Offical:

> 
> 1) Thou shalt recognize the printer.

HP photosmart P1000 reconized and configured correctly

> 2) Thou shalt receive pictures from a digital camera.

Don't have a camera so no commnet.

> 3) Thou shalt acknowledge the Video Card & Monitor.

MutiSync monitor and cheap Rage 128 Ultra TR video card reconized and
confiugred correctly.

> 4) Thou shalt identify the Hard Disk.

Western Digital Corp. AC28400R
Western Digital Corp. AC35100L
Seagate Technology 80021A

All identified and configured correctly.

> 5) Thou shalt approve the CPU and the Motherboard.

Athlon CPU and Gigabite motherboard both identified and configured correcly

> 6) Thou shalt connect to the Internet.

First time every time. Realtek 8139too & National Semi DP83810 10/100
Ethernet. Oh, yeah, it's also a router.


> 7) Thou shalt work with any CD & DVD rom.

My cheap generic CDROM works great. 

> 8) Thou shalt have all movie codecs to watch all the porn we have.

No problem with codecs. Any videos I have run fine. 

> 9) Thou shalt be easy to install.

Definatly. The install is easy and I don't have to install a ton of
addtional software to replace defective apps like OE and IE or missing apps
like Officesuites. 

> 10) Thou shalt not crash.

With Linux, that is a given.

> 

> Let the lies from the LIEnix community begin.

Everything I stated was the truth. 
> foamy

-- 
Wow, not only can't the Mutt nuts back up the claim that Mutt is widely
used, it seems they can't even prove that Mutt is used by 0.1% of email
users! What a laugh!
0
noting (1244)
10/26/2004 7:31:39 PM
Liam Slider wrote:

> On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 15:17:29 -0400, foamy wrote:
> 
> <snip>
> 
> Well he's in an unusual situation...I don't have any of the problems he
> talks about myself.

No problem here either. 

-- 
Wow, not only can't the Mutt nuts back up the claim that Mutt is widely
used, it seems they can't even prove that Mutt is used by 0.1% of email
users! What a laugh!
0
noting (1244)
10/26/2004 7:33:31 PM
foamy wrote:

> Another example of how lame Linux is. This poor guy could easily do all
> that he listed with one copy of Windows XP yet he needs 5 or more Linux
> distributions to do the same.
> 
> The problem with Linux is the old distribution shuffle that is a necessary
> evil because no distribution can do all that this guy asks,
> and he isn't asking much.
> 
> He is wasting so much time switching Linux distributions it's a wonder he
> has time to do anything else.
> 
> But that's what Linux is about, wasting time.
> 
> Linux is free if you don't value your time.
> 
> 
> 
> http://www.yoper.com/forum2/index.php?showtopic=4866
> 
> The Ten Commandments for Linux Distributions
> 
> 1) Thou shalt recognize the printer.
> 2) Thou shalt receive pictures from a digital camera.
> 3) Thou shalt acknowledge the Video Card & Monitor.
> 4) Thou shalt identify the Hard Disk.
> 5) Thou shalt approve the CPU and the Motherboard.
> 6) Thou shalt connect to the Internet.
> 7) Thou shalt work with any CD & DVD rom.
> 8) Thou shalt have all movie codecs to watch all the porn we have.
> 9) Thou shalt be easy to install.
> 10) Thou shalt not crash.
> 
> I'm getting mad here I guess.
> I'm in a situation where I have to use
> 
> Suse to listen to the radio and print;
> 
> Yoper to watch movies & online tvand radio stations;
> 
> Mepis to burn a CD;
> 
> Slackware to download pictures from my digital camera,
> Knoppix and Slax when everything else goes wrong.
> 
> Meanwhile my experience with Gentoo was quite painful, I somehow
> succeeded to install it; but afterwards while downloading & installing
> some new things I screwed up the whole system.
> 
> Debian systems (apt-get) helps you to download a lot of programs,
> but sometimes you can mess up things by downloading too much.
> 
> Fedora Core & Mandrake are lame as hell.

Maybe you have cheap unbranded hardware?!

> 
> I ended up trying Rock Linux but I guess it is hard
> to find and install every single document the operating system needs.
> 
> I'm bored out of my mind to install a new distribution almost every week.
>  
> (I even tried Ubuntu & Libranet !)
> 
> Please, please and please; just obey these commandments.
> 
> Thank you.
> 
> `NeRVaL
> 
> 
> 
> Let the lies from the LIEnix community begin.
> foamy

0
leocor (2)
10/26/2004 7:36:24 PM
I've not any problems along those lines with any distro I've installed:
SuSE, Mandrake, Slack, Gentoo, . . .

0
ray65 (5421)
10/26/2004 7:52:17 PM
On 2004-10-26, foamy <flipal@woil1093.com> wrote:
> Another example of how lame Linux is. This poor guy could easily do all
> that he listed with one copy of Windows XP yet he needs 5 or more Linux
> distributions to do the same.
>
> The problem with Linux is the old distribution shuffle that is a necessary
> evil because no distribution can do all that this guy asks,
> and he isn't asking much.
>
> He is wasting so much time switching Linux distributions it's a wonder he
> has time to do anything else.

What's a 30 minute distro install?

[deletia]

The GUTS of any Linux distribution are the same. If something can work
in Slackware, it WILL WORK THE SAME EXACT WAY in any other distribution.
The same is true in general for other distributions. However, some like
to add their own eye candy (like YAST).

> Meanwhile my experience with Gentoo was quite painful, I somehow
> succeeded to install it; but afterwards while downloading & installing
> some new things I screwed up the whole system.
>
> Debian systems (apt-get) helps you to download a lot of programs,
> but sometimes you can mess up things by downloading too much.

	Odd that I haven't managed that yet despite apt-getting applications 
to do all the things you're whining about. Although, I did have to build
Lives and mplayer myself. However, these were both no brainers since apt-get
was great at getting whatever any other dependencies.

[deletia]

-- 
        Negligence will never equal intent, no matter how you 
attempt to distort reality to do so. This is what separates         ||| 
the real butchers from average Joes (or Fritzes) caught up in      / | \
events not in their control.


                                                     
0
jedi (14754)
10/26/2004 8:19:02 PM
On 2004-10-26, foamy <flipal@woil1093.com> wrote:
> Another example of how lame Linux is. This poor guy could easily do all
> that he listed with one copy of Windows XP yet he needs 5 or more Linux

	All that and a bag of chips too... (IOW malware)

> distributions to do the same.
>
> The problem with Linux is the old distribution shuffle that is a necessary
> evil because no distribution can do all that this guy asks,
> and he isn't asking much.
>
> He is wasting so much time switching Linux distributions it's a wonder he
> has time to do anything else.
>
> But that's what Linux is about, wasting time.
>
> Linux is free if you don't value your time.
>
>
>
> http://www.yoper.com/forum2/index.php?showtopic=4866
>
> The Ten Commandments for Linux Distributions

Debian Sarge.

>
> 1) Thou shalt recognize the printer.
	
	My PCL printer works fine, just as my previous PCL printer
before it.

> 2) Thou shalt receive pictures from a digital camera.

	My Kodak works just dandy.
	My Cannon DV camera works just dandy too.

> 3) Thou shalt acknowledge the Video Card & Monitor.

	I've worked with a menagerie of cards and monitors from ISA to
VL to PCI to AGP as well as dedicated Voodoo cards. Debian exploits the
vid chipset in my laptop just fine.

> 4) Thou shalt identify the Hard Disk.

	IDE, SCSI & Firewire have never been a problem for me in any 
distribution. This includes primordial versions of Slack and Redhat.
	
> 5) Thou shalt approve the CPU and the Motherboard.
> 6) Thou shalt connect to the Internet.

	Linux had this licked before Windows did.

> 7) Thou shalt work with any CD & DVD rom.

	I've yet to find one that hasn't. 

> 8) Thou shalt have all movie codecs to watch all the porn we have.

	/usr/lib/win32

> 9) Thou shalt be easy to install.

	Been there. Have the tourista t-shirt.
	
> 10) Thou shalt not crash.

[deletia]

-- 
        Negligence will never equal intent, no matter how you 
attempt to distort reality to do so. This is what separates         ||| 
the real butchers from average Joes (or Fritzes) caught up in      / | \
events not in their control.


                                                     
0
jedi (14754)
10/26/2004 8:24:53 PM
[snips]

On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 12:31:39 -0700, Ralph wrote:

> Using Mandrake 10.0 Offical:
> 
>> 
>> 1) Thou shalt recognize the printer.
> 
> HP photosmart P1000 reconized and configured correctly
> 

My HP was, too.

>> 2) Thou shalt receive pictures from a digital camera.
> 
> Don't have a camera so no commnet.

I have a couple.  The usb digital still cam mounts at plugin and is just
magically ready to use.  To use the digital camcorder required the
installation of something else - dv, I think - but that was that; could
happily pull videos off the cam, no problem.

>> 3) Thou shalt acknowledge the Video Card & Monitor.
> 
> MutiSync monitor and cheap Rage 128 Ultra TR video card reconized and
> confiugred correctly.

As were mine, but for some reason, Mandrake seems to have an issue with
Matrox and DRI - it's nigh-on impossible to get DRI working.  On the other
hand, that only matters if you're planning on using it as a gaming box.

>> 4) Thou shalt identify the Hard Disk.
> 
> Western Digital Corp. AC28400R
> Western Digital Corp. AC35100L
> Seagate Technology 80021A

No idea what drives I was running when I used 'Drake, but didn't really
matter - I've never had any issue with drives in Linux that weren't
hardware faults - and duplicated by Windows.  (Specifically, one mobo that
cannot handle more than one device per IDE channel, when it should handle
two.)


>> 5) Thou shalt approve the CPU and the Motherboard.
> 
> Athlon CPU and Gigabite motherboard both identified and configured
> correcly

Don't know about "configured".  The onboard devices - usb, sound, etc -
all worked.


>> 6) Thou shalt connect to the Internet.
> 
> First time every time. Realtek 8139too & National Semi DP83810 10/100
> Ethernet. Oh, yeah, it's also a router.

Indeed.  8139too and some weirder one - either way, works fine.

>> 7) Thou shalt work with any CD & DVD rom.
> 
> My cheap generic CDROM works great.

My HP DVD burner works fine, too.

>> 8) Thou shalt have all movie codecs to watch all the porn we have.
> 
> No problem with codecs. Any videos I have run fine.

Yes problem with codecs - one does have to, often, install an extra
package or two; WMPs ability to "reach out and touch someone" to get
codecs on the fly is an improvement over this... but WMP's almost complete
lack of codecs to _be_ downloaded this way results in a net minus.

>> 9) Thou shalt be easy to install.
> 
> Definatly. The install is easy and I don't have to install a ton of
> addtional software to replace defective apps like OE and IE or missing
> apps like Officesuites.

'Drake, SuSE et all are mindlessly easy to install.  Some - Gentoo for
example - actually reuire a modicum of knowledge of your machine,
networking concepts and the like _and_ the ability to read... but you can
easily choose a distro which suits your abilities.

>> 10) Thou shalt not crash.
> 
> With Linux, that is a given.

Assuming the hardware works - I've had flaky RAM take down a Linux box,
for example.  But apart from that, Linux, once installed, should stay up
and running until told otherwise.  And generally does.


0
kelseyb (715)
10/26/2004 8:27:27 PM
On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 12:33:31 -0700, Ralph wrote:

> Liam Slider wrote:
> 
>> On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 15:17:29 -0400, foamy wrote:
>> 
>> <snip>
>> 
>> Well he's in an unusual situation...I don't have any of the problems he
>> talks about myself.
> 
> No problem here either.

Interesting how the zealot LIEnix community rarely seems to have any
troubles with Linux but has countless problems with Windows.
foamy
0
flipal (334)
10/26/2004 8:39:26 PM
foamy wrote:

> On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 12:33:31 -0700, Ralph wrote:
> 
>> Liam Slider wrote:
>> 
>>> On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 15:17:29 -0400, foamy wrote:
>>> 
>>> <snip>
>>> 
>>> Well he's in an unusual situation...I don't have any of the problems he
>>> talks about myself.
>> 
>> No problem here either.
> 
> Interesting how the zealot LIEnix community rarely seems to have any
> troubles with Linux but has countless problems with Windows.
> foamy

Funny how you read that I was claiming having problems with windows into my
reply. I like Linux because it does everything I need reliably, cheaper and
more secure than Windows. I did NOT claim to have "countless problems with
windows". 

-- 
Wow, not only can't the Mutt nuts back up the claim that Mutt is widely
used, it seems they can't even prove that Mutt is used by 0.1% of email
users! What a laugh!
0
noting (1244)
10/26/2004 9:02:39 PM
On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 14:02:39 -0700, Ralph wrote:

> foamy wrote:
> 
>> On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 12:33:31 -0700, Ralph wrote:
>> 
>>> Liam Slider wrote:
>>> 
>>>> On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 15:17:29 -0400, foamy wrote:
>>>> 
>>>> <snip>
>>>> 
>>>> Well he's in an unusual situation...I don't have any of the problems he
>>>> talks about myself.
>>> 
>>> No problem here either.
>> 
>> Interesting how the zealot LIEnix community rarely seems to have any
>> troubles with Linux but has countless problems with Windows.
>> foamy
> 
> Funny how you read that I was claiming having problems with windows into my
> reply. I like Linux because it does everything I need reliably, cheaper and
> more secure than Windows. I did NOT claim to have "countless problems with
> windows".

The LIEnux community in general.
Not you in particular.
foamy
0
flipal (334)
10/26/2004 9:06:19 PM
On 2004-10-26, foamy <flipal@woil1093.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 12:33:31 -0700, Ralph wrote:
>
>> Liam Slider wrote:
>> 
>>> On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 15:17:29 -0400, foamy wrote:
>>> 
>>> <snip>
>>> 
>>> Well he's in an unusual situation...I don't have any of the problems he
>>> talks about myself.
>> 
>> No problem here either.
>
> Interesting how the zealot LIEnix community rarely seems to have any
> troubles with Linux but has countless problems with Windows.
> foamy

	A Linux kernel pretty much comes with ALL the available device
drivers. This means that it will either work, or not. There is no futzing
with driver disks, trying to figure out what your hardware is so that you
can install the right driver or any other WinDOS style shenanigans.

	A Linux user is also much more likely to determine that something
is not crap before buying it. This avoids quite a bit of trouble regardless
of platform.

-- 
        Negligence will never equal intent, no matter how you 
attempt to distort reality to do so. This is what separates         ||| 
the real butchers from average Joes (or Fritzes) caught up in      / | \
events not in their control.


                                                     
0
jedi (14754)
10/26/2004 9:24:31 PM
foamy wrote:

> On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 14:02:39 -0700, Ralph wrote:
> 
>> foamy wrote:
>> 
>>> On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 12:33:31 -0700, Ralph wrote:
>>> 
>>>> Liam Slider wrote:
>>>> 
>>>>> On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 15:17:29 -0400, foamy wrote:
>>>>> 
>>>>> <snip>
>>>>> 
>>>>> Well he's in an unusual situation...I don't have any of the problems
>>>>> he talks about myself.
>>>> 
>>>> No problem here either.
>>> 
>>> Interesting how the zealot LIEnix community rarely seems to have any
>>> troubles with Linux but has countless problems with Windows.
>>> foamy
>> 
>> Funny how you read that I was claiming having problems with windows into
>> my reply. I like Linux because it does everything I need reliably,
>> cheaper and more secure than Windows. I did NOT claim to have "countless
>> problems with windows".
> 
> The LIEnux community in general.
> Not you in particular.
> foamy

Ahh, so you are judging *ME* by classifying me by the actions of OTHERS. How
prejudice of you. 

-- 
Wow, not only can't the Mutt nuts back up the claim that Mutt is widely
used, it seems they can't even prove that Mutt is used by 0.1% of email
users! What a laugh!
0
noting (1244)
10/26/2004 9:32:22 PM
On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 14:32:22 -0700, Ralph wrote:


> Ahh, so you are judging *ME* by classifying me by the actions of OTHERS. How
> prejudice of you.

Look you stupid git, it's a general comment.
If the shoe fits, wear it.
Seems it really hit a nerve with you so.......
foamy
0
flipal (334)
10/26/2004 9:44:01 PM
begin  It was on or about Tue, 26 Oct 2004 14:22:47 -0500, that Liam
Slider was seen to post:

> On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 15:17:29 -0400, foamy wrote:
> 
> <snip>
> 
> Well he's in an unusual situation...I don't have any of the problems he
> talks about myself.

Not have I, on any of my machines. foamy's just frothing again. 

-- 
Linux on the Microsoft Xbox
http://sourceforge.net/projects/xbox-linux/
http://www.xbox-linux.org/
0
willpoast (5106)
10/26/2004 10:09:22 PM
foamy wrote:

> 
> But that's what Linux is about, wasting time.

Well, it's sure wasted a lot of YOUR time lately, sunshine.
Care to give us an estimate of how much time you've spent trolling the
Linux groups with your juvenile ramblings this past week? 

Bill

0
bbgruff (6628)
10/26/2004 10:28:07 PM
foamy wrote:


> But that's what Linux is about, wasting time.
> 
> Linux is free if you don't value your time.
>
>
> 
> http://www.yoper.com/forum2/index.php?showtopic=4866
> 
> The Ten Commandments for Linux Distributions


Let's see how I do here, this is with Debian Sid/KDE

> 1) Thou shalt recognize the printer.

Epson Stylus Color 880

Windows Drivers on disk - nope
Linux Drivers on disk - yes

> 2) Thou shalt receive pictures from a digital camera.

Fuji Finepix

Windows detects device- yes
Linux detects device- yes

> 3) Thou shalt acknowledge the Video Card & Monitor.

Nvidia 6800GT

Windows Drivers on disk - nope
Linux Drivers on disk - nope

> 4) Thou shalt identify the Hard Disk.

Seagate 200GB SATA

Windows sees for install- yes
Linux sees for install - yes

> 5) Thou shalt approve the CPU and the Motherboard.

Athlon 64 3000

Windows Drivers on disk - nope
Linux Drivers on disk- yes

> 6) Thou shalt connect to the Internet.

NForce Gigabit NIC

Windows Drivers on disk - nope
Linux Drivers on disk - yes

> 7) Thou shalt work with any CD & DVD rom.

Lite-On 8x DVD+-R/RW

Windows Drivers on disk - yes, need to purchase burning software though
Linux Drivers on disk - yes, k3b is free

> 8) Thou shalt have all movie codecs to watch all the porn we have.

Windows codecs - no, need anything that is not proprietary to MS.
Linux codecs - no, need codecs supplied with Xine or Mplayer

> 9) Thou shalt be easy to install.

Windows - yes
Linux - yes - albeit I'm used to Debian's New Installer

> 10) Thou shalt not crash.

Windows - I still have XP to play a few games, and it's pretty stable. 
Linux - Never crashes.

I can have Debian sid installed and ready to go with video, openoffice,
cd/dvd burning, and video drivers in about 90 minutes. It takes me about 4
hours to perform the same tasks with Windows, mainly because of the
constant reboots when installing drivers and patches. I value my time,
Windows wastes my time.

robnix
0
robnix (15)
10/26/2004 10:32:13 PM
foamy wrote:

> The Ten Commandments for Linux Distributions
> 
> 1) Thou shalt recognize the printer.
> 2) Thou shalt receive pictures from a digital camera.
> 3) Thou shalt acknowledge the Video Card & Monitor.
> 4) Thou shalt identify the Hard Disk.
> 5) Thou shalt approve the CPU and the Motherboard.
> 6) Thou shalt connect to the Internet.
> 7) Thou shalt work with any CD & DVD rom.
> 8) Thou shalt have all movie codecs to watch all the porn we have.
> 9) Thou shalt be easy to install.
> 10) Thou shalt not crash.

Windopes doesn't do any of this!

To make your first 8 commandments work,
you will need 8 additional CDs!
The last two commands - forget it!
No amount of CDs can fix commandments 9 and 10.


0
10/26/2004 10:34:51 PM

foamy wrote:

<snipped wintroll crap>

This one is a known wintroll that FUDs Linux.

-- 
---------------------------------
Th3 G0ld3n Yrs Sux0r

0
mist (19747)
10/26/2004 11:31:52 PM
At about the time of 10/26/2004 12:17 PM, foamy stated the following:

> 
> http://www.yoper.com/forum2/index.php?showtopic=4866
> 
> The Ten Commandments for Linux Distributions
> 
> 1) Thou shalt recognize the printer.
> 2) Thou shalt receive pictures from a digital camera.
> 3) Thou shalt acknowledge the Video Card & Monitor.
> 4) Thou shalt identify the Hard Disk.
> 5) Thou shalt approve the CPU and the Motherboard.
> 6) Thou shalt connect to the Internet.
> 7) Thou shalt work with any CD & DVD rom.
> 8) Thou shalt have all movie codecs to watch all the porn we have.
> 9) Thou shalt be easy to install.
> 10) Thou shalt not crash.
> 

I don't fully agree with your 'Ten Commandments', but I want to add one:

11) Thou shalt include the 'man' command.

I'm still irked about that one.


-- 
The COLA Quality Control Committee
0
COLA-CC (30)
10/27/2004 4:42:33 AM
foamy wrote:

> On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 14:32:22 -0700, Ralph wrote:
> 
> 
>> Ahh, so you are judging *ME* by classifying me by the actions of OTHERS.
>> How prejudice of you.
> 
> Look you stupid git, it's a general comment.

Directed at ME. I did NOT make the claims you referred to so it was
INAPPROPRIATE to direct that criticism at me. 

> If the shoe fits, wear it.

Ah so you will just throw insults around HOPING to find someone it applies
to regardes if it actaul applys to the person you are directing it to, eh? 

> Seems it really hit a nerve with you so.......

Not at all, I am just correcting your rude, prejudicial behavior. 

> foamy

-- 
Wow, not only can't the Mutt nuts back up the claim that Mutt is widely
used, it seems they can't even prove that Mutt is used by 0.1% of email
users! What a laugh!
0
noting (1244)
10/27/2004 7:08:36 AM
On 2004-10-27, COLA Quality Control Comittee <COLA-CC@linux.org> wrote:
> At about the time of 10/26/2004 12:17 PM, foamy stated the following:
>
>> 
>> http://www.yoper.com/forum2/index.php?showtopic=4866
>> 
>> The Ten Commandments for Linux Distributions
>> 
>> 1) Thou shalt recognize the printer.
>> 2) Thou shalt receive pictures from a digital camera.
>> 3) Thou shalt acknowledge the Video Card & Monitor.
>> 4) Thou shalt identify the Hard Disk.
>> 5) Thou shalt approve the CPU and the Motherboard.
>> 6) Thou shalt connect to the Internet.
>> 7) Thou shalt work with any CD & DVD rom.
>> 8) Thou shalt have all movie codecs to watch all the porn we have.
>> 9) Thou shalt be easy to install.
>> 10) Thou shalt not crash.
>> 
>
> I don't fully agree with your 'Ten Commandments', but I want to add one:
>
> 11) Thou shalt include the 'man' command.
>
> I'm still irked about that one.

	Yup, far too many newer apps in their rush to pander to Apple
cheerleader sensibilities have begun to forsake man. I'll have to make a
shell script to process the package list, extract the basic descriptions and
create skeleton manpages. (assuming it hasn't already been done)

-- 
        Negligence will never equal intent, no matter how you 
attempt to distort reality to do so. This is what separates         ||| 
the real butchers from average Joes (or Fritzes) caught up in      / | \
events not in their control.


                                                     
0
jedi (14754)
10/27/2004 7:26:49 AM
On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 00:08:36 -0700, Ralph wrote:

Nothing of value...

You're a mental case.
Get help fast.
foamy

0
flipal (334)
10/27/2004 5:27:23 PM
foamy wrote:

> On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 00:08:36 -0700, Ralph wrote:
> 
> Nothing of value...
> 

You are right, Nothing of value followd

> You're a mental case.
> Get help fast.
> foamy

0
noting (1244)
10/27/2004 8:54:11 PM
On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 13:54:11 -0700, Ralph wrote:

> foamy wrote:
> 
>> On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 00:08:36 -0700, Ralph wrote:
>> 
>> Nothing of value...
>> 
> 
> You are right, Nothing of value followd

You spelled followed wrong.
Poor Cybear.
How can we help?
foamy
0
flipal (334)
10/27/2004 8:56:56 PM
Reply: