The Windows users are coming to Linux! Run!

"I am planning on learning C++ and i am currently using Fedora12. Could
any of you post a step by step tutorial on how to start? I can't seem to
reach that point in which i type my C++ code and click a few buttons
like on windows. Please help."

hah!
0
DFS
5/16/2010 2:54:01 PM
comp.os.linux.advocacy 120986 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On 05/16/2010 09:54 AM, DFS wrote:
> "I am planning on learning C++ and i am currently using Fedora12. Could
> any of you post a step by step tutorial on how to start? I can't seem to
> reach that point in which i type my C++ code and click a few buttons
> like on windows. Please help."
>
> http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=245194
>

> hah!

LOL

reminds me of the first computer repair I ever did for a "customer"

my comment was

"Sheesh, if I can't figure out how to even open the case, maybe I should
not be attempting to fix your machine."

Anyway I figured it out and got it fixed.

It turned out to be soda in the keyboard.
0
philo
5/16/2010 3:08:32 PM
Micoshaft Appil asstroturfing fraudster with a big girlie butt
pounding the sock DFS wrote on behalf of Half Wits from Micoshaft Appil
Traffic Light Department of Marketing:

> "I am planning on learning C++ and i am currently using Fedora12. Could
> any of you post a step by step tutorial on how to start? I can't seem to
> reach that point in which i type my C++ code and click a few buttons
> like on windows. Please help."
>
> http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=245194
>

> hah!

Thats the trouble with windummies. Clicking a few buttons is a lot
slower than simply typing the whole thing into a console window.
The second time you need to compile, just press up arrow and <CR>
instead of clicking a few more buttons.

I have complex commands all automated into
shell scripts running under gambas.
So I only press one button for this kind of stuff.

Under windump OSen, thats gonna cost you $1000+ and a lot
of time clicking licensing buttons and a whole load of
proprietary nonsense before you are anywhere near ready.

Under Linux and Ubuntu, synaptic its just four clicks and 2 minutes.
And I can install this across a dozen machine in under 30 minutes
which would otherwise have cost me $12000+, a lot of management time
getting POs authorized, a week to get the stuff delivered, and
several days to get all the machines operational because each
machine will fight you with some nonsense that requires further tech
support.

In any case the tech support would be worthless and not professional.
No one has micoshaft source code to support windump OSen or its products.
Its all based on ad-libbing nonsense.
You really can't pay for that.

In all give me Linux, I will bash out the brains of windummies with it.

On 5/16/2010 11:08 AM, philo wrote:
> On 05/16/2010 09:54 AM, DFS wrote:
>> "I am planning on learning C++ and i am currently using Fedora12. Could
>> any of you post a step by step tutorial on how to start? I can't seem to
>> reach that point in which i type my C++ code and click a few buttons
>> like on windows. Please help."
>>
>> http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=245194
>>

>> hah!
>

> LOL
>
> reminds me of the first computer repair I ever did for a "customer"
>
> my comment was
>
> "Sheesh, if I can't figure out how to even open the case, maybe I should
> not be attempting to fix your machine."
>
> Anyway I figured it out and got it fixed.
>
> It turned out to be soda in the keyboard.

Some keyboards can literally be washed in the dishwasher.  Did you try that?

0
DFS
5/16/2010 3:28:49 PM
On 2010-05-16, the following emerged from the brain of DFS:
> On 5/16/2010 11:08 AM, philo wrote:
>> On 05/16/2010 09:54 AM, DFS wrote:
>>> "I am planning on learning C++ and i am currently using Fedora12. Could
>>> any of you post a step by step tutorial on how to start? I can't seem to
>>> reach that point in which i type my C++ code and click a few buttons
>>> like on windows. Please help."
>>>
>>> http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=245194
>>>

>>> hah!
>>

>> LOL
>>
>> reminds me of the first computer repair I ever did for a "customer"
>>
>> my comment was
>>
>> "Sheesh, if I can't figure out how to even open the case, maybe I should
>> not be attempting to fix your machine."
>>
>> Anyway I figured it out and got it fixed.
>>
>> It turned out to be soda in the keyboard.
>

> Some keyboards can literally be washed in the dishwasher.  Did you try that?

In the /dishwasher/? Are you serious?

I really can't imagine putting my HHKB in a dishwasher. I just take it
apart a couple times a year to clean it out. I don't think the USB hub
in it can survive a dishwasher.

--
BOFH excuse #182:

endothermal recalibration
0
TomB
5/16/2010 3:55:33 PM
On 05/16/2010 10:28 AM, DFS wrote:
> On 5/16/2010 11:08 AM, philo wrote:
>> On 05/16/2010 09:54 AM, DFS wrote:
>>> "I am planning on learning C++ and i am currently using Fedora12. Could
>>> any of you post a step by step tutorial on how to start? I can't seem to
>>> reach that point in which i type my C++ code and click a few buttons
>>> like on windows. Please help."
>>>
>>> http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=245194
>>>

>>> hah!
>>

>> LOL
>>
>> reminds me of the first computer repair I ever did for a "customer"
>>
>> my comment was
>>
>> "Sheesh, if I can't figure out how to even open the case, maybe I should
>> not be attempting to fix your machine."
>>
>> Anyway I figured it out and got it fixed.
>>
>> It turned out to be soda in the keyboard.
>

> Some keyboards can literally be washed in the dishwasher. Did you try that?

I literally have boxes of used keyboards and that piece of junk was tossed.

BTW: What happened was the machine either booted up and froze...

I took it apart to see if all cards were seated properly and all fans
were working. The woman and her boyfriend watched as I spent about an
hour trying everything I could think of. Then I said I'd have to take it
back to the "shop". As soon as I unplugged the keyboard and held it
vertically, a *lot* of soda spilled out!

She glared at her boyfriend (who was a big drunk and she soon threw out)
and asked him if he has spilled one of his drinks into the keyboard the
night before.
At least he gave her an honest answer and said, " I don't recall doing so."

LOL
0
philo
5/16/2010 3:58:51 PM
"7" the fucking loud mouthed fucked pansy arsed fucker of a fuck and horny
ten-peckered billy goat <website_has_email@www.enemygadgets.com> wrote
> Micoshaft Appil asstroturfing fraudster with a big girlie butt
> pounding the sock DFS wrote on behalf of Half Wits from Micoshaft Appil
> Traffic Light Department of Marketing:
>

>> "I am planning on learning C++ and i am currently using Fedora12. Could
>> any of you post a step by step tutorial on how to start? I can't seem to
>> reach that point in which i type my C++ code and click a few buttons
>> like on windows. Please help."
>>
>> http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=245194
>>

>> hah!
>

> Thats the trouble with *Linux* *loons*

I agree with this poast!

0
Clogwog
5/16/2010 4:48:40 PM
Verily I say unto thee, that philo spake thusly:
> On 05/16/2010 09:54 AM, DFS wrote:

>> "I am planning on learning C++ and i am currently using Fedora12.
>> Could any of you post a step by step tutorial on how to start? I
>> can't seem to reach that point in which i type my C++ code and
>> click a few buttons like on windows. Please help."
>>
>> http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=245194
>>
>> hah!
>
> LOL

Only a Windows user would ask to "learn" a new programming language by
clicking buttons. I pray that he goes "learn" elsewhere.

No wonder DFS posted this. It must've been like looking in the mirror.

--
K.
http://slated.org

..----
| When all else fails, MOVE.L 4.W,A6 and JSR -726(A6)
`----

Fedora release 8 (Werewolf) on sky, running kernel 2.6.31.5
 18:33:27 up 48 days,  4:23,  2 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.06, 0.07
0
Homer
5/18/2010 5:33:42 PM
DFS wrote:

> On 5/16/2010 11:08 AM, philo wrote:
>> On 05/16/2010 09:54 AM, DFS wrote:
>>> "I am planning on learning C++ and i am currently using Fedora12. Could
>>> any of you post a step by step tutorial on how to start? I can't seem to
>>> reach that point in which i type my C++ code and click a few buttons
>>> like on windows. Please help."
>>>
>>> http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=245194
>>>

>>> hah!
>>

>> LOL
>>
>> reminds me of the first computer repair I ever did for a "customer"
>>
>> my comment was
>>
>> "Sheesh, if I can't figure out how to even open the case, maybe I should
>> not be attempting to fix your machine."
>>
>> Anyway I figured it out and got it fixed.
>>
>> It turned out to be soda in the keyboard.
>

> Some keyboards can literally be washed in the dishwasher.  Did you try
> that?

As long as you don't expect it to work afterwards -- sure, you can wash it
in a dishwasher. Heck, put your Windows computer in there as well, to get
rid of Microsoft crud, viruses and all the other rubbish usually found on
Windows computers -- although most users won't notice any difference
afterwards.

Joking apart, I see a dozen or so drenched electronic devices annually, from
cell phones to iPods to audio mixers and power amps, and often the only way
to prevent a total loss is to disassemble it completely as quickly as
possible, clean and dry out all separate parts -- preferably using a
compressor to blow out any water from between crevices and other
inseparable parts, and then assemble again. Sometimes, a hot-air gun can be
useful to heat up the whole shazzam just over the boiling point of water,
but this method can be quite risky if you don't know what you're doing.

Most keyboards have these fragile conductor patterns on foil substrate,
which can dissolve within mere days when wet, or even hours with
electricity connected. The preferred method is to very gently peel apart
the (usually three) layers of foil as far as possible, and dry everything.

So in case of a 'little accident', proceed as follows:
- Immediately disconnect the device from any source of electricity; this
includes removing the battery.
- Find a repair technician ASAP, or (if you're handy) disassemble the device
ASAP. Waiting for even a day or two, three can make the damage irreparable.
- Clean the parts, paying special attention to trapped liquid between layers
of foil or PCB's and chips. Use a compressor and/or a hot-air gun to
blow/boil liquid from between parts you can't separate.
- Assemble and test.

Richard Rasker
--
http://www.linetec.nl
0
On May 16, 10:54=A0am, DFS <nospam@dfs_.com> wrote:
> "I am planning on learning C++ and i am currently using Fedora12. Could
> any of you post a step by step tutorial on how to start? I can't seem to
> reach that point in which i type my C++ code and click a few buttons
> like on windows. Please help."

> http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=3D245194

> hah!

This does remind me a bit of those early days when all the AOL users
first "discovered" that they could post e-mail and usenet news via e-
mail.  For quite some time, we were getting inundated with spam,
multilevel marketing "opportunities", chain letters, and offers to
help some nice lady in Nigeria cash a check for dead husband's oil
company.

Many of those early users didn't know any better.

In the same way, most of the new Windows users won't know about bash,
python, ruby, or even how to code PHP pages on Apache.

On the other hand, they will be able to use many of the thousands of
point-and-click applications WRITTEN IN python, java, Ruby, and tcl.
That talk to back-ends they don't even need to know about.

0
Rex
5/18/2010 9:54:52 PM
On 5/18/2010 5:31 PM, Richard Rasker wrote:
> DFS wrote:

>>> LOL
>>>
>>> reminds me of the first computer repair I ever did for a "customer"
>>>
>>> my comment was
>>>
>>> "Sheesh, if I can't figure out how to even open the case, maybe I should
>>> not be attempting to fix your machine."
>>>
>>> Anyway I figured it out and got it fixed.
>>>
>>> It turned out to be soda in the keyboard.
>>

>> Some keyboards can literally be washed in the dishwasher.  Did you try
>> that?
>
> As long as you don't expect it to work afterwards -- sure, you can wash it
> in a dishwasher.

Seems like you just need to let it dry for 2+ days.

"After its ordeal in the dishwasher, I let it air dry for a week. Then I
plugged it in and started to type. I tested the space bar, the return
key, all the numbers and letters. It seemed perfect."
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=11029793

"after a second full day of outdoor drying, I�m pleased to report that
keyboard is in perfect working order (typing on it now). And it
literally looks like it just came out of the box. Shiny perfect
sparkling white."
http://birdhouse.org/blog/2006/10/23/keyboard-in-the-dishwasher/

> Heck, put your Windows computer in there as well, to get
> rid of Microsoft crud, viruses and all the other rubbish usually found on
> Windows computers -- although most users won't notice any difference
> afterwards.

Replace it with Ubuntu... give yourself a good soaking.

0
DFS
5/18/2010 10:46:32 PM
DFS wrote:

> On 5/18/2010 5:31 PM, Richard Rasker wrote:
>> DFS wrote:

>>> Some keyboards can literally be washed in the dishwasher.  Did you try
>>> that?
>>
>> As long as you don't expect it to work afterwards -- sure, you can wash
>> it in a dishwasher.
>

> Seems like you just need to let it dry for 2+ days.
>
> "After its ordeal in the dishwasher, I let it air dry for a week. Then I
> plugged it in and started to type. I tested the space bar, the return
> key, all the numbers and letters. It seemed perfect."
> http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=11029793
>

> "after a second full day of outdoor drying, I’m pleased to report that
> keyboard is in perfect working order (typing on it now). And it
> literally looks like it just came out of the box. Shiny perfect
> sparkling white."
> http://birdhouse.org/blog/2006/10/23/keyboard-in-the-dishwasher/

These people have been quite lucky; each year, I have to chuck quite a few
devices because of dissolved conductors, caused by plain water spillage.

Then again, there are indeed cases where just letting things dry up have
been successful -- one guy once asked me to repair a TV he had literally
fished out of the river, set to dry for a week or two and then switched
on -- and it worked fine first go.
My repair was resoldering some bad connections, a year or two later, and I
could indeed see traces of water and algae in the cabinet. Pretty amazing.

But disconnecting the power source greatly reduces the speed at which
conductors get eaten away, so with a bit of luck, any water has evaporated
before terminal damage is done.

>> Heck, put your Windows computer in there as well, to get
>> rid of Microsoft crud, viruses and all the other rubbish usually found on
>> Windows computers -- although most users won't notice any difference
>> afterwards.
>
> Replace it with Ubuntu... give yourself a good soaking.

I couldn't agree more. Switching to Linux sure felt like a wonderfully warm,
clean and pleasantly scented bath after leaving behind the noisome cesspit
called Windows.

Richard Rasker
--
http://www.linetec.nl
0

Two users Hotsyncing On Same PC
I had one Zire 71 hotsyncing (USB) on an XP. Now I have a second user ( Zire 71) wanting to hotsync under their user acc't on the same XP machine. The problem is when hotsync mgr is started for the new user on their acct login there is no USB hotsync connection choice, only serial, modem and network. While the original user under there login does have the USB choice of hotsync connection available. Do you have to install all the desktop software again when you add a new user who is hotsyncing under thereown XP account as opposed to just starting up the hotsync mgr from the pro...

pass an object to a new window
On IE there is a way to open a window from one page and pass an object to it, when you use showModalDialog. Is there a way to do the same on NS/Mozilla/FireFox? On IE: window.showModalDialog(URL, FreeArgument, Ornaments); FreeArgument. You can use this optional parameter to pass a value of any type to the open dialog box. You can pass a scalar, a string, an array of values, an object, etc. You access this value in the new window by referring to the dialogArguments property of the new window object. Thanks In article <75467213.0502161408.325465ce@posting.google.com>, mitch.tzonev@sr...

[News] Red Hat Wants Capitalisation (Heaps of Linux Announcements from Red Hat Released)
Red Hat strategy spans virtualized, cloud and appliance deployments ,----[ Quote ] | Red Hat Executive Vice President of Engineering Paul Cormier on Nov. 7 | predicted that Red Hat’s new Linux Automation strategy, which allows Red | Hat-certified applications to run anywhere, at any time, will help the | company to more than double its current server market share. In addition, he | said, Red Hat Enterprise Linux will have “over 50 percent of server market | share by 2015.” ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ `---- http://www.linux-watch.com/news/NS9306197843.html Red Hat partners...

Calling data windows from data windows?
Hi to all! Please, let me clear out some basic things about calling windows: - a DataWindow, named BrowseDates i have a button with a method for calling a DataDialog, named AddingAccounts, which looks like: METHOD DNewAccountButton() CLASS BrowseDates LOCAL oAddingAccounts AS AddingAccounts oAddingAccounts := AddingAccounts{} oAddingAccounts:Setup(SELF:Server:TableDate) oAddingAccounts:Show() SELF:Owner:AddChildWindow( oAddingAccounts ) RETURN SELF - This far, everything is ok, and a new windows shows up. But, on a dataDialog I have a button for calling another dataWindow, c...

partial expect for windows
I understand that the main problem with new versions os expect for windows is with the spawn command. Has anyone got working code (eg tcl source) that implmements expect in newer tcl versions on windows WITHOUT spawn (ie using an already open channel, such as a serial port)? thanks ...

Tip for HPUserEdit users
I discovered something today that may be useful to others. I regularly use HPUserEdit 4. I have found it to be a great, simple environment to use for writing and documenting programs. The program interfaces with EMU48 for the HP48/49, but not the 49G+. I copied the EMU48.DLL from debug4x and it works almost perfectly with the emulated 49G+. The only glitch is that when copying your program to the emulator, HPUserEdit pushes a string containing your program followed by a command. "<< your program here >>" STR-> It then "presses" the EVAL button to execu...

Windows XP and Singlelineedits with background
VO 2806 (and also VO 2.5 with XP-Additions) When the XP-Style is enabled and I am using singlelineedits with a background the border is not displayed correctly. When hovering with the mouse over the control the sle is displayed correctly or when disabling/controle the control after setting the background. Does some has an idea what to change apart from calling disable/enable after setting the background? Arne Ortlinghaus ACS Data Systems 2806! Is this the long awaited 30 April release?????? Sorry but can you please retype your message? I am not completely sure ...

Mobile Me / Windows Live
I am not a Windows type of guy and have always hated Hotmail but things seem to be changing with Windows Live: - POP3 access on free account - Nnlimited email storage - Sky Drive with 25 gig of storage free Seems to be something of a threat to Mobile Me. I wonder how apple will respond? In article <0001HW.C5C02DCE0002520CB01AD9AF@europe.newsdemon.com>, Skipper <mail@xxx.co.uk> wrote: > I am not a Windows type of guy and have always hated Hotmail but things seem > to be changing with Windows Live: > - POP3 access on free account > - Nnlimited email storage > -...

Weekly Statistics for comp.os.linux.advocacy. 4/9/2009 #2
Weekly Statistics for comp.os.linux.advocacy. 4/9/2009 Number of threads ................... 420 Number of articles .................. 2394 Average articles per thread ......... 5.70 Number of unanswered posts .......... 290 Top Threads Ranking Articles Subject ------- -------- ---------------------------- 1 176 Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft is Dying in Debt... Shuts Down MSN Encarta 2 169 When 13-year old Tux-playing girls speak, the Linux "community" listens 3 128 IBM takeover of Sun Micro just days away 4 73 Re: Wh...

=?windows-1252?Q?www=2Eelectronics=2Dmac=2Dsony=2Ecom_Toshiba_Satellite_A215=2D?= =?windows-1252?Q?S6804_15=2E4=22_Laptop_=28AMD_Turion_64_X_2_Dual_Core_TL=2D60_Process?= =?windows-1252?Q?or=2C_
http://www.electronics-mac-sony.com Contact us : 7*24 hour On-line service: MSN/Email:electronics-2008-china@hotmail.com Our website:http://www.electronics-mac-sony.com/goods.php?id=3D712 Product Features and Technical Details Product Features * Bright 15.4-inch LCD stylishly accented with an onyx blue metallic LCD cover and integrated Webcam * 2.0 GHz AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-60 processor, 250 GB hard drive, 2 GB RAM (4 GB max), dual-layer DVD writer with LabelFlash printing * 54g Atheros Wi-Fi (802.11b/g); 10/100 Ethernet; ATI Radeon X1200 graphics card with up to 319 MB of shared m...

Allowing R/O users access
I have a couple of lulus here but I'll address the other one in "Queries". This one pertains to allowing users with read-only access to use the database whilst a person with admin access is using it. The way it stands right now, if an admin user is in it the r/o user gets a prompt that the DB is locked. Bear in mind, I am only allowed to use system security, NOT Access security. Any takers -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/databases-ms-access/200602/1 Gary T via AccessMonster.com wrote: > I have a couple of lulus here...

[ace-users] ACE_Service_Config::process_directive() hang
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------030904000401010007090003 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi, I have installed ACE_1.5.7 on Fedora Core 6 with gcc 4.1.1 and I am having trouble loading dynamic services in my applications. My processes hang when I call ACE_Service_Config::process_directive() I realized the same problem occurs in two similar tests distributed with ACE (Service_Config_Test and Framework_Component_Test) I have attached a Problem Report Form about this problem along with 2 ...

window-handlers on windows
hi (this is my first post to this ng; so if it is the wrong ng, please direct me to the one i need...) my problem not necessarily bound to C++ (but could also be C), but since my application is in C++, i post it here. i want to draw from application A into a window that has been created by an application B (in my case: i want to render an openGL-scene into a a browser-window) under linux i can get a handle of type "Window" from the Xserver, into which i can draw (assumed that i have permissions) under windows the only such handle i have found is HWND, which is a pointer to a ...

Showing all tooltips in a window
It would be a nice affect for beginners or demos that the tooltips of all controls in a window are displayed (or maybe one after another). Is there a possibility to do this? Arne Ortlinghaus ACS Data Systems Arne, Actually no, I don't think so. Tool tips are invariably too short and controls too close together for something like this. And it would be seen as a gimmick and most would want to turn it off very quickly. I think the best thing to do is produce a well documented (including image shots with annotations) help manual and link it in solidly to your windo...

Windows 2000 over Windows ME install?
Greetings, I have a computer which has Windows ME currently installed on it. I have a license of Windows 2000 sitting around doing nothing, and I'd like to install the Win2k over ontop of the WinME. Will I have to wipe out the WinME completely and start from scratch on the Win2k install, or can I safely install the Win2k over the top of WinME? Thanks in advance, -Geoff I think Win2k can be upgraded only from WinNT. You will have to do a clean install. Geoff Cashman wrote: > > Greetings, > > I have a computer which has Windows ME currently instal...

Remote printing OS to Windows interface
Hi, I've just installed a remote printer in OS507 - the printer is on a Windows box, and unix can lp to it OK. There doesn't seem to be an interface file in /var/spool/lp/admins/lp/interfaces for this printer. Is it somewhere different or do we get no control over the print job this way? Relevant info - I had to uninstall cups before installing remote printing, and I haven't reinstalled. I've never used cups before - will it help? - I use a simple tailored interface file which among other things sends some pcl to the laser to change the font. thanks in advance -Rob robat...

Merge samba and unix user account in openldap
Hi! I have the following challenge: In my ldap server I have sambausers in ou=Samba,dc=blabla,dc=com and unix/linux users in ou=People,dc=blabla,dc=com. I need to get all the Samba users into ou=People, but that is not the main problem. I can make an ldif of the ou=Samba, do a search/replace operation and ldapadd the file back. But the problem is that a lot of the users exists in both ou=People and ou=Samba. What I want to do is to merge these, so that everything will reside in one place for each user. What is the best approach to fix this situation? -- Rolf Arne Schulze Min Weblog: htt...

10g 64 bit on AMD64/Linux--which Linux?
Question for the early adopters out there: how is is 64 bit 10g on 64 bit Linux working out? Is our best bet Redhat, Suse, or pass on Linux for now? We're currently running 32 bit 8.1.7.4 with a 3GB SGA on a Sun V880, Solaris 8. In the next few months we want to upgrade hardware and software to get more processing power per CPU and to allow a bigger block cache. We'd like to jump to 64 bit Oracle 10g. Sun's V40z looks very good to us on the hardware side. However AMD64 isn't supported on Solaris 10 until 10gR2, the release of which might not meet our timeline. Opinions w...

=?windows-1252?Q?Special_Track_=93Computational_Bioimaging_and_Visual?= =?windows-1252?Q?ization=94_within_the_ISVC08_USA_=2D_Announce_=26_Call_for_Papers?=
----------------------------------------------------------------------------= ------------------------------------------------------------- (Apologies for cross-posting) Special Track =93Computational Bioimaging and Visualization=94 International Symposium on Visual Computing (ISVC08) Las Vegas, Nevada, USA, December 1-3, 2008 http://www.isvc.net We would appreciate if you could distribute this information by your colleagues and co-workers. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------= ------------------------------------------------------------- Dear Colle...

RE: [ace-users] ACE_FILE&ACE_Mem_Map not support 64 bit file
I assume you are using a 64-bit compiled app to mem map the file. If so, then it could be a problem with the underlying OS mem map system calls. You could mem map regions of the file in 2GB increments using one ACE_Mem_Map object per increment. -----Original Message----- From: owner-ace-users@cse.wustl.edu [mailto:owner-ace-users@cse.wustl.edu] On Behalf Of zhuzhp_ace Sent: Monday, August 15, 2005 10:35 PM To: ace-users@cs.wustl.edu Subject: [ace-users] ACE_FILE&ACE_Mem_Map not support 64 bit file ACE VERSION: 5.4 HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM:windows/linux ...

3dmax like paned windows
Does anyone know how to create pure tcl paned-widown like 3d Max which has a handle allows you to grid the 4 windows at one instance. In panedWindow you can either seperate vertical or horizontal. 3d Max however allows you to scale the window in both direction at the same time. If not one available, can anyone layout what kind of knowledge I NEED to know in order to create one. Thanks, Alex tak wrote: > Does anyone know how to create pure tcl paned-widown like 3d Max which > has a handle allows you to grid the 4 windows at one instance. > > In panedWindow you can either seper...

Southampton Acorn Users Group
The next meeting of the Southampton Acorn Users Group will be on Monday April 16th from 19:00 until 21:00 at Itchen College, Middle Road, Bitterne, Southampton. We will probably be in room S1. Admission is free and all are welcome. I'm sure you will all have realised that this is because our usual meeting date of the second Monday clashes this year with Easter Monday, when the college is closed. Dave -- n.g.boalch@durham.ac.uk, Backup Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce Submissions to <URL:mailto:csaa@owlart.net> Related mail to <URL:mailto:csaa-request@owlart.net> ...

=?windows-1256?B?2sfM4SDk5NTRIMrdx9Xt4SDH4craz+3hIMfh5g==?= =?windows-1256?B?0sfR7SDH4czP7c8gx+HQ7SDT7crjIMfhx9rhx+Qg2uQ=?= =?windows-1256?B?yQ==?=
2sfM4SDk5NTRIMrdx9Xt4SDH4craz+3hIMfh5tLH0e0gx+HMz+3PIMfh0O0g0+3K4yDH4cfa4cfk INrkyQoKaHR0cDovL25hdGlndGFzN2FiLmJsb2dzcG90LmNvbS8yMDEzLzA0L2Jsb2ctcG9zdF83 NDM1Lmh0bWw= ...

[News] Graphics/Pictures in Ubuntu GNU/Linux, Wallpapers, Design Appeal

Root Window & Windows within Windows
Even (on 98) if you replace the shell explorer.exe you are left with the root window. Explorer.exe does a good job of adding content to the root window. It places icons on your desktop and gives you a task bar. The only ability I am aware of that programmers have to add content to the root window (aside from replacing explorer.exe), is with Active Desktop. I feel that active desktop should be a program we can write ourselves. We should be able to write our own programs that are drawn directly to the root window, just like active desktop windows are. Even when you replace ...