Too late Google, malware apps (official apps) were downloaded at least 70,000 times.

"Google's official app market found hosting malicious Android apps- *again*
"

http://arstechnica.com/business/news/2012/04/googles-official-app-market-found-hosting-malicious-android-appsagain.ars

Hey "7" , what about your claim that Google removes malicious apps, within
seconds?, were you just lying?

Please apologize for your lie before this newsgroup.

--
Turd chrisv in COLA:
Turd chrisv lying about the iPad: "Hell, I thought all-along that it would

Turd chrisv: "I am 100% honest."

lol !

0
Henk_Ingrid (247)

Ingrid & Henk stated in post 4f8c3c16$1@news.x-privat.org on 4/16/12 8:34
AM:

> "Google's official app market found hosting malicious Android apps- *again*
> "
>
> http://arstechnica.com/business/news/2012/04/googles-official-app-market-found
> -hosting-malicious-android-appsagain.ars
>
> Hey "7" , what about your claim that Google removes malicious apps, within
> seconds?, were you just lying?
>
> Please apologize for your lie before this newsgroup.
>
> --
> Turd chrisv in COLA:
> Turd chrisv lying about the iPad: "Hell, I thought all-along that it would
> be a success."
> http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/3d83510112466afb?hl=
> nl
>
> Turd chrisv: "I am 100% honest."
>
> lol !

If you want *relative* security, use iOS and OS X (even with OS X's recent
problems it remains far less likely for its users to be hit with malware
than users of Windows).

--
🙈🙉🙊

0
usenet2 (47889)
4/16/2012 4:58:06 PM
"Snit" <usenet@gallopinginsanity.com> schreef in bericht
> Ingrid & Henk stated in post 4f8c3c16$1@news.x-privat.org on 4/16/12 8:34
> AM:
>
>> "Google's official app market found hosting malicious Android apps-
>> *again*
>> "
>>
>> http://arstechnica.com/business/news/2012/04/googles-official-app-market-found
>> -hosting-malicious-android-appsagain.ars
>>
>> Hey "7" , what about your claim that Google removes malicious apps,
>> within
>> seconds?, were you just lying?
>>
>> Please apologize for your lie before this newsgroup.
>>
>> --
>> Turd chrisv in COLA:
>> Turd chrisv lying about the iPad: "Hell, I thought all-along that it
>> would
>> be a success."
>> http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/3d83510112466afb?hl=
>> nl
>>
>> Turd chrisv: "I am 100% honest."
>>
>> lol !
>>
> If you want *relative* security, use iOS and OS X (even with OS X's recent
> problems it remains far less likely for its users to be hit with malware
> than users of Windows).

Since I'm connected with the Internet, mainly using Windows, I have never
expierienced any security problems myself.
Just like my younger brother, who's a long time Mac only user, b.t.w.

0
Henk_Ingrid (247)
4/16/2012 6:43:57 PM
Ingrid & Henk stated in post 4f8c6871$1@news.x-privat.org on 4/16/12 11:43
AM:

> "Snit" <usenet@gallopinginsanity.com> schreef in bericht
>> Ingrid & Henk stated in post 4f8c3c16$1@news.x-privat.org on 4/16/12 8:34
>> AM:
>>
>>> "Google's official app market found hosting malicious Android apps-
>>> *again*
>>> "
>>>
>>> http://arstechnica.com/business/news/2012/04/googles-official-app-market-fou
>>> nd
>>> -hosting-malicious-android-appsagain.ars
>>>
>>> Hey "7" , what about your claim that Google removes malicious apps,
>>> within
>>> seconds?, were you just lying?
>>>
>>> Please apologize for your lie before this newsgroup.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Turd chrisv in COLA:
>>> Turd chrisv lying about the iPad: "Hell, I thought all-along that it
>>> would
>>> be a success."
>>> http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/3d83510112466afb?h
>>> l=
>>> nl
>>>
>>> Turd chrisv: "I am 100% honest."
>>>
>>> lol !
>>>
>> If you want *relative* security, use iOS and OS X (even with OS X's recent
>> problems it remains far less likely for its users to be hit with malware
>> than users of Windows).
>>
> Since I'm connected with the Internet, mainly using Windows, I have never
> expierienced any security problems myself.
> Just like my younger brother, who's a long time Mac only user, b.t.w.

If you take basic precautions most people are find on Windows.  I suggest
AVG or Avira... either works great.

--
🙈🙉🙊

0
usenet2 (47889)
4/16/2012 7:10:09 PM
"Ingrid & Henk" <Henk_Ingrid@invalid.invalid> schreef in bericht
> "Google's official app market found hosting malicious Android apps-
> *again* "
>
> http://arstechnica.com/business/news/2012/04/googles-official-app-market-found-hosting-malicious-android-appsagain.ars
>
> Hey "7" , what about your claim that Google removes malicious apps, within
> seconds?, were you just lying?
>
> Please apologize for your lie before this newsgroup.

+1
No meaningless denials of the Lusotec-twit, Hardon[Moron] nor the 7 loon, so
far, *good find* , "Ingrid & Henk"!!!!

> --
> Turd chrisv in COLA:
> Turd chrisv lying about the iPad: "Hell, I thought all-along that it would
> be a success."
> http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/3d83510112466afb?hl=nl
>
> Turd chrisv: "I am 100% honest."
>
> lol !

Bald faced lying turd exposed!

lol !

0
feeblebunny (229)
4/17/2012 11:50:09 AM
"Lt Cmdr. Gaston J. Feeblebunny" <feeblebunny@invalid.wrong> writes:

> "Ingrid & Henk" <Henk_Ingrid@invalid.invalid> schreef in bericht
>> "Google's official app market found hosting malicious Android apps-
>> *again* "
>>
>> http://arstechnica.com/business/news/2012/04/googles-official-app-market-found-hosting-malicious-android-appsagain.ars
>>
>> Hey "7" , what about your claim that Google removes malicious apps, within
>> seconds?, were you just lying?
>>
>> Please apologize for your lie before this newsgroup.
>
> +1
> No meaningless denials of the Lusotec-twit, Hardon[Moron] nor the 7 loon, so
> far, *good find* , "Ingrid & Henk"!!!!
>>
>> --
>> Turd chrisv in COLA:
>> Turd chrisv lying about the iPad: "Hell, I thought all-along that it would be
>> a success."
>> http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/3d83510112466afb?hl=nl
>>
>> Turd chrisv: "I am 100% honest."
>>
>> lol !
>
> Bald faced lying turd exposed!
>
> lol !

COLA challenge #71 : find a post from 7 or turd where they're not as
dull as ditchwater or plain out telling lies or swearing or libelling
people.

0
hadronquark (21814)

Google (a Linux company) sends you 17 Bad Mobile Apps Still Up, 700,000+ Downloads So Far, from official Google Play.
http://blog.trendmicro.com/17-bad-mobile-apps-still-up-700000-downloads-so-far/ 17 Bad Mobile Apps Still Up, 700,000+ Downloads So Far "We've reported previously that malicious apps were discovered in the official Android app store, which is now known as Google Play. While those reported apps were removed, more malicious apps have been seen in the official marketplace and appear to be still victimizing users. This is just one of the important reasons why we feel that a technology like our Trend Micro Mobile App Reputation is crucial in users' overall mobile experience and ...

Growing Up On Google Apps, Linux, Fast OS Downloads, And a Few Apples
What was that about college students not even knowing what a microsoft is? (a tiny squishy thing like a worm?)? The point was that they are not scared of Redmond at all, and barely have heard about it. Too damn busy downloading the latest Linux version, and *not* needing to get any stinking permission from criminals. Friend of mine runs a huge print shop on Apple exclusively. Colleges are going Google apps and Open Office. Governments and military are flushing Winscuz down the porcelain recepticle. There's a *huge*, thriving, and literally daily updated pool of free (and unencum...

Hovsepian: Apps! Apps! Apps!
Novell CEO: Apps Are Job No. 1 for Linux http://www.cio-today.com/story.xhtml?story_id=021001VE8HV3 <<< In order for Linux to grow into the computing mainstream, the open- source OS needs more applications and a standardized approach to software certification, Novell CEO Ron Hovsepian said in his keynote Wednesday at the LinuxWorld conference and trade show in San Francisco. "The No. 1 thing that we need on Linux is applications," he said. "Whether we like it or not, the application is what drives the final customer decision," he added. >>> John Bail...

Mobile apps and privacy in about 400,000 apps on Google Play Store.
Interesting to know how a lot of mobile apps in the Google Play Store are in the hands of criminals: 18-11-2013 http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=nl&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=nl&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.trosradar.nl%2Fuitzending%2Farchief%2Fdetail%2Faflevering%2F18-11-2013%2Fmobiele-apps-en-privacy%2F%3Fp%3D1&act=url Facebook, Angry Birds, Super Bright Led Flashlight are examples of popular apps on your phone. But what apps actually do with your personal data on your phone? Privacy watchdog Bits of Freedom takes for Radar seven apps under sc...

Apple Is Growing Rotten To The Core: Official Google Voice App Blocked From App Store
http://www.techcrunch.com/2009/07/27/apple-is-growing-rotten-to-the-core-and-its-likely-atts-fault/ Apple Is Growing Rotten To The Core: Official Google Voice App Blocked From App Store by Jason Kincaid on July 27, 2009 Earlier today we learned that Apple had begun to pull all Google Voice-enabled applications from the App Store, citing the fact that they "duplicate features that come with the iPhone". Now comes even worse news: we've learned that Apple has blocked Google's official Google Voice application itself from the App Store. In other words, Google Voice - one...

Soon 1,000,000,000 iPhone/Touch Apps Downloaded
Apple has set up a count up clock to the magical 1 Billion Apps mark. They also have a nice Top 20 of all Apps bought or downloaded for free, worth a look: http://www.apple.com/itunes/billion-app-countdown/ - Mike Hofman <info@recreate68.org> wrote in news:49e0050c$0$48216$815e3792 @news.qwest.net: > Apple has set up a count up clock to the magical 1 Billion Apps mark. > They also have a nice Top 20 of all Apps bought or downloaded for free, > worth a look: > > http://www.apple.com/itunes/billion-app-countdown/ > > - > God, the "dumbing down of Am...

Once again more malware is found in the official "Google Play" app-store
The Swiss-cheese malware phone OS sure has it's share of malware problems. At least the drive-by exploits seem to be fixed for the time being. <quote> Malware on Google Play masquerades as font installing app 11 May, 2013 Malware-ridden apps are plentiful on app stores online. Security firm Webroot has detailed one such find on the Google Play store - they are calling it Android.TechnoReaper. Elaborating on the threat, the post says that the malware has two parts to it - a downloader on the Google Play store and a spyware app that it downloads. Interestingly, the do...

Linux: frozen app screws up other apps
"K3b does not work in slax 6.0.2 on my PC. It freezes on startup and other applications do not work correctly then too. Without K3b launched, othter applications work well." http://www.slax.org/forum.php?action=view&parentID=5339&highlight=freezes huh? What kind of slopware is this? On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 00:35:10 -0400, DFS wrote: > "K3b does not work in slax 6.0.2 on my PC. > It freezes on startup and other applications do not work correctly then too. > Without K3b launched, othter applications work well." > http://www.slax.org/forum.php?action=vi...

App Store app -- already have downloads
I opened the app and looked for things I needed to download. It gave me two things I had downloaded a couple of weeks ago. How do I get rid of this old information? Robert Peirce <bob@peirce-family.com> wrote: > I opened the app and looked for things I needed to download. It gave me > two things I had downloaded a couple of weeks ago. How do I get rid of > this old information? No answer. Related query. ITunes on my laptop tells me there's an app waiting somewhere, but it never downloads to either laptop or iPad. Weirdness. -- Erilar, biblioholic medievalist ...

Java apps have most flaws, Cobol apps the least
Hi, http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9222503/Java_apps_have_most_flaws_Cobol_apps_the_least_study_finds http://developers.slashdot.org/story/11/12/09/1533252/java-apps-have-the-most-flaws-cobol-the-least :) I'm surprised that Java beat C, as I would expect the most flaws in a language that allows programmers to do the most. But Java might have more bad programmers. And most CoBOL programmers have been programming for longer. -- "In no part of the constitution is more wisdom to be found, than in the clause which confides the question of war or peace to the legislat...

Google apps vs android stock apps
There is one thing that is not clear to me. Android is developed by google and android includes (i.e., google included in android) many stock apps for basic tasks. I think to, for example, mail user agent, browser, note keeper, calendar app. What is the reason, then, for google to provide alternative to these? Of course, I am not refering to third party apps available in the play store but to apps developed by google (for example, stock web browser vs chrome). Wouldn't it be better, simpler and cheaper to just develop one for every task and include it as stock app? From Di...

Linux creep wants $15,000,000 for a new distro and FOSS (cr)apps
"$0 USD raised in 9 days 0% funded 52 days left $15,000,000 USD goal Ubuntu modification with better elegant user interface for home users and professional users and servers and IT and compared with quality to Mac OS As you can see… I asked for such big moneys, why is that? Because writing quality piece of software need amount of time and moneys, I'm going to take the lead and make sure to bring you the best possible world quality software FOR FREE This project is going to change way software is produced worldwide, there won't be any paid app made by thi...

Google SketchUp
http://sketchup.google.com/ <quote> Google SketchUp is software that you can use to create, modify and share 3D models. It's easier to learn than other 3D modeling programs, which is why so many people are already using it. Google SketchUp is available for Windows 2000/XP/Vista and Mac OS X (10.4+) </quote> ** Posted from http://www.teranews.com ** Ezekiel wrote: > > > http://sketchup.google.com/ > > <quote> > Google SketchUp is software that you can use to create, modify and share > 3D models. It's easier to learn than other 3D model...

Transmit Data between Linux app and Win-app/Wine
Hi all! I have a short question concerning wine: Under Mandrake or Suse Linux I'd like to make two applications communicate with each other. The first app is a win32 program running within wine (1.0), from which I'd like to control the second app, which is a native (gcc compiled) Linux program. The reason behind this is that I'd like to set the file permissions like rwx or sgt from wincommander / totalcommander (like midnight commander in Linux), emulated by wine. Totalcommander, which is tailored for dos / windows cannot set all Linux style permissions and so ...

What is the significance of the order of Apps in the Google Play app store?
What is the significance of the order of Apps in the Google Play app store? I just went looking for a wifi analyzer and an ftp server and I realized that I have no idea how Google *organizes* the apps in the Google Play store. What's the logic of the app order that results once a query (such as "wifi ftp server" or "wifi analyzer") is typed in? On 11/28/2015 12:32 PM, Larry Diesel wrote: > What is the significance of the order of Apps in the Google Play app store? > > I just went looking for a wifi analyzer and an ftp server > and I realize...

An app to find apps
Enjoying an IPad 3 and wondered if there is an app to search for and find apps. With 600,000 apps it might make sense. In article <johg9a$dal$1@dont-email.me>, Charles <charlesschuler@comcast.net> wrote: > Enjoying an IPad 3 and wondered if there is an app to search for and find > apps. With 600,000 apps it might make sense. the app store app, along with a number of other apps that list apps of the day or other things. or just launch safari (or another browser) and search via google. On Thu, 10 May 2012 18:42:50 -0400, Charles wrote: > Enjoying ...

Mac OS apps on Linux
Hello, Can anyone tell me how to run off the shelf Mac OS X apps, eg. Pages, or any of the iLife stuff, on Linux? Since Mac OS is a BSD, it should be easy, methinks, but what's the exact software needed, and the exact procedure? Since besides the kernel, the programs would also need facilites on the part of X and whatever desktop system like Gnome or KDE, it's not just a question of the kernel itself. So - what's needed, is it possible, and how do I do it? Thanks. begin virus.txt.scr binary-nomad@hotmail.com wrote: > Hello, > Can anyone tell me how to run off the shelf M...

Crypto-Apps: Ciphers App-1 and App-2.
These ciphers are available now for free downloading from, http://www.adacryptpages.com (navigate to the bottom title boxes). Crypto-App Ciphers - Apps_1 & 2. - Personalised Cryptography for Tablets, L= aptops, Desktop, Main Frame Computers in Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8. Download App_1=20 Download App_2=20 No need to study the cryptography, the mathematics, the programming, the co= mputer science (unless you really want to and then you just peruse the othe= r title boxes on the same site) - instead, just teach yourself to run these= 'apps' as you would any other app...

App Store.app
I just updated to 10.6.6, and was playing with the App Store.app. I wanted to DL a couple of the free apps, but discovered that to DL _anything_, you need to register a credit card. Since I dislike leaving any credit card info in any vendor's database, I'm wondering if there's a way to avoid this part of the registration process, entering your credit card info ONLY when needed to make a specific purchase. -- iMac (27", 3.2 GHz Intel Core i3, 4 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD) � OS X (10.6.6) On 28/01/11 17:29, Nick Naym wrote: > I just updated to 10.6.6, and was playing with ...

os.linux.development.apps
hEy, Please Visit http://www.familypk.com Familypk About Articles, Tutorials, Learning, Block checkers, Myspace, Twist, Daily news updates, Entertainment, Horoscopes, Movies, Stories, Kids, Woman, Kitchen, Islamic names, Hair style, Fashion, Home decoration, Songs, PTCL, Games, etc..... Please Visit http://www.enttwist.com Enttwist About Articles, Tutorials, Cheat Codes, Hacking News, Games Setup, Greeting Cards, E-Cards, Telephone Directry, Web Directry, Learning, Block checkers, Myspace, Twist, Daily news updates, Entertainment, Horoscopes, Movies, ...

Counter in app class possible? (OS X app)
Mine program does hides it's window when the user press the quit (red x in the window) button. When the user clicks on the icon in the dock the application will appear again. This is done by the window.show command in the app class by activate. But I want that the program when it is hidden in the dock will check the time. When the time is for example 13:00h he must activate itself automatically. How can I do this? Billy On 12.04.2005 11:23Soir, in __W6e.63391$F66.4499553@phobos.telenet-ops.be, �Billy� <Billy@pebbels.be> wrote: > Mine program does hides it's window when the user press the quit (red x > in the window) button. > > When the user clicks on the icon in the dock the application will appear > again. This is done by the window.show command in the app class by activate. > > But I want that the program when it is hidden in the dock will check the > time. When the time is for example 13:00h he must activate itself > automatically. > > How can I do this? If you mean "when the window is minimized in the dock", then simply put a timer in the window (with mode=0, period=1000), and then, in the "Minimize" event of that window, put NameOfTimer.mode=2. In the timer, put something like: dim d as date d=new date If d.hour=13 and d.minute=0 and d.second=0 then Self.show End if Note that you have to hope that your application does not hang up while the ti...

[News] VirtualBox Downloaded 5,000,000 Times in 1.5 Years; Wubi Brings GNU/Linux

Why Make OS X Apps End with ".app?"
Is there a good reason to do that? In article <a8696178.0307241254.2149c67a@posting.google.com>, bbunny@myrealbox.com (Bunny) wrote: > Is there a good reason to do that? Why would anyone care? The Finder hides it anyway. Doug -- Doug Brown - La Grande, OR Idiot's Guide to Mac Cases - http://www.ircandy.com/maccases/ If you want to reply by email, remove "pleasenospam." and ".invalid" Bunny <bbunny@myrealbox.com> wrote: > Is there a good reason to do that? It's inherited from NeXT. It tells the Finder (and anyone else, for that matter) that the folder so named is an application bundle. In article <macg3-9F86B5.14555724072003@news.bellatlantic.net>, Doug Brown <macg3@pleasenospam.mac.com.invalid> wrote: > In article <a8696178.0307241254.2149c67a@posting.google.com>, > bbunny@myrealbox.com (Bunny) wrote: > > > Is there a good reason to do that? > > Why would anyone care? The Finder hides it anyway. > > Doug The Finder hides it, but not the APIs..and this is csm.programmer.help -- |\/| /-| |2 |< mehaase at sas dot upenn dot edu usenet@mile23.com (Paul Mitchum) wrote in message news:<1fylyja.xmoy5u1pwkjz3N%usenet@mile23.com>... > Bunny <bbunny@myrealbox.com> wrote: > > > Is there a good reason to do that? > > It's inherited from NeXT. It tells the Finder (and anyone else, for that > m...

quick question
I am trying to do a favor for an old fogie writer friend who is migrating to Linspire linux away from windoze. He's so happy that the Linspire package includes the OpenOffice Writer (in the OpenOffice suite monstrosity), that I decided to download the much nicer, smaller abiword for linux to give to him on a cd. Here is my question - When it downloaded it onto my mac, it became something like a textfile 'abiword.package.sh'. The autopackage instructions on the abiword website did not mention the '.sh' extension, only the 'package' extension. So I made another co...

Web resources about - Too late Google, malware apps (official apps) were downloaded at least 70,000 times. - comp.os.linux.advocacy

Downloaded (film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
It follows Napster from its rise in 1998, through the swarm of lawsuits that ensued and to its acquisition by Rhapsody in 2011. Some of those ...

Can I still use the Rooms app if I’ve already downloaded it? - Rooms für iPhone
Rooms will be closing its doors on December 23, 2015. After then the app will switch to read-only mode and you’ll no longer be able to post. ...

All sizes - (1) Shazam'd an REM song, (2) downloaded their best of, (3) listened it - Flickr - Photo ...

Downloaded - Trailer - YouTube
http://www.trailerobsessed.com A VH1 Documentary about the Downloading generation, and the global impact of peer-to-peer filesharing. The bands, ...

Google Maps for iPhone downloaded by 10m
Google Maps became the top free app in the Apple App Store just a few hours after it was released late on Thursday. Now, we know just how popular ...

The Life of Pablo album has been illegally downloaded 500,000 times
... West claimed he was broke and in tens of millions of dollars in debt. This could likely have something to do with half million people who downloaded ...

Snowden downloaded NSA secrets while working for Dell: sources
Edward Snowden downlaoded documents on US spying while working for Dell in April 2012, sources say.

Derek Rielly: I…uh…might have downloaded the Dallas Buyers Club
What surprises life throws at a man. Who knew that, one day, I'd be thrilled to've signed an overpriced two-year contract with Telstra's Big ...

Dallas Buyers Club: Australians who illegally downloaded movie unlikely to receive large fine, says IP ...
A IP lawyer says Australians who illegally downloaded Dallas Buyers Club should not be alarmed about receiving a letter from movie's owners. ...

Downloaded Q&A w/ Janet Pierson, Alex Winters (Dir.) Sean Parker and Shawn Fanning (Napster) - YouTube ...
Q&A w/ Janet Pierson (SXSW), Alex Winters (Dir.) Sean Parker and Shawn Fanning after a screening of DOWNLOADED, a documentary about the creation ...