Top 10 antivirus and anti-malware apps for Android (Android Authority)

<quote>
Top 10 antivirus and anti-malware apps for Android
September 16, 2013

Protection for Android devices has become a high priority over the last year
or so. Malware and viruses are more rampant than ever and although being
careful usually avoids the problem, sometimes people want more. A good
antivirus or anti-malware app can not only bring peace of mind, but also
protect your Android device from threats you may accidentally stumble upon.
So in this list we'll show you the 10 best antivirus and anti-malware apps
for Android.
</quote>

http://www.androidauthority.com/10-best-antivirus-apps-for-andro-269696/

You gotta protect the OS that the US Government calls a "malware magnet."

--
"(Ezekiel) actually thought that "pagination" was just putting page numbers
on documents"

Another proven lie from the piece of shit liar turdv.
Aug 26, 2013
<jjdn19tq3orocg2sjl5omovi3vp07723ig@4ax.com>

0
zeke1302 (4199)

On Tue, 17 Sep 2013 08:14:15 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:

> <quote>
> Top 10 antivirus and anti-malware apps for Android
> September 16, 2013
>
> Protection for Android devices has become a high priority over the last year
> or so. Malware and viruses are more rampant than ever and although being
> careful usually avoids the problem, sometimes people want more. A good
> antivirus or anti-malware app can not only bring peace of mind, but also
> protect your Android device from threats you may accidentally stumble upon.
> So in this list we'll show you the 10 best antivirus and anti-malware apps
> for Android.
> </quote>
>
> http://www.androidauthority.com/10-best-antivirus-apps-for-andro-269696/
>

> You gotta protect the OS that the US Government calls a "malware magnet."

But...... The COLA loons claim Android malware isn't a problem.

Somebody isn't telling the truth.

Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

--
flatfish+++
Thinking of trying Linux?

PLEASE VISIT OUR HALL OF LINUX IDIOTS:
http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/
0
phlatphish (6977)
9/17/2013 2:09:01 PM
On 9/17/2013 6:14 AM, Ezekiel wrote:
> <quote>
> Top 10 antivirus and anti-malware apps for Android
> September 16, 2013
>
> Protection for Android devices has become a high priority over the last year
> or so. Malware and viruses are more rampant than ever and although being
> careful usually avoids the problem, sometimes people want more. A good
> antivirus or anti-malware app can not only bring peace of mind, but also
> protect your Android device from threats you may accidentally stumble upon.
> So in this list we'll show you the 10 best antivirus and anti-malware apps
> for Android.
> </quote>
>
> http://www.androidauthority.com/10-best-antivirus-apps-for-andro-269696/
>

> You gotta protect the OS that the US Government calls a "malware magnet."

So much for the advocates claim of "Linux is immune to viruses and
malware".  Nothing but a bunch of linturds.

0
mist (19747)

List of Best Antivirus and Anti Malware Android Security Apps
http://dandroidtabletpc.com/list-of-best-antivirus-and-anti-malware-android-security-apps.html/ As you know Android is not secure at all. If you are unlucky your Android smartphones or Android tablet can be infected by Android malware which is terrible !!! Here is a list of the best security Android apps that can secure your Android-based mobile phones such as Motorola Droid, HTC Incredible, Samsung Galaxy and Nexus. To download the applications simply use the QR-code for any given app or just click the link. Alexandrovitch Kudiroyaravtsevgovoi wrote: > http://dandroidtabletpc.com/...

Running Android Apps in Windows 7 with Bluestacks App Player,,Read more: http://www.cnx-software.com/2011/10/13/running-android-apps-in-windows-7-with-bluestacks-app-player/#ixzz38290JMar
http://www.cnx-software.com/2011/10/13/running-android-apps-in-windows-7-with-bluestacks-app-player/ ...

Setting Up An Android App Build Environment With Eclipse, Android SDK, PhoneGap (Ubuntu 10.10)
<http://www.howtoforge.com/setting-up-an-android-app-build-environment-with-eclipse-android-sdk-phonegap-ubuntu-10.10> <quote> This tutorial describes how you can set up a development environment for building Android apps on an Ubuntu 10.10 desktop using Eclipse, the Android SDK, and PhoneGap. I will describe how to build Android apps from the command line with PhoneGap and from the GUI with Eclipse and PhoneGap and how to test them in an Android emulator and on a real Android device. PhoneGap allows you to develop your Android applications using web technologies such as ...

Plankton Android Trojan Found in 10 Apps on Android Market

Malware apps spoof Android Market to infect Android phones
http://macdailynews.com/2011/06/21/malware-apps-spoof-android-market-to-infect-android-phones/ "Google has come under fire in recent months for letting a few dozen nasty apps into its Android market, bent on stealing data or siphoning money with paid texts," Andy Greenberg reports for Forbes. "But one new exploitative app doesn't need to be let in to Google's App store. It creates a fake Market of its own." On Wednesday 27 July 2011 20:30 Alexandrovitch Kudiroyaravtsevgovoi wrote: > http://macdailynews.com/2011/06/21/malware-apps-spoof-android-market-to- ...

Bogus Apps Litter Linux Android With Malware
http://www.security.nl/image/4698 http://www.technewsworld.com/story/Bogus-Apps-Litter-Android-With-Malware-76443.html Android is one of the most popular mobile operating systems in the world. As a result, it's also one of the most popular mobile operating systems to be targeted by malware writers. Malware aimed at Google's Android platform increased sixfold during the quarter that ended in September, according to a report released Monday by Trend Micro. "What had been around 30,000 malicious and potentially dangerous or high-risk Android apps in June increased to al...

More than a third of Linux Android apps host malware
"MIAMI - More than *a third* of all Google Android applications contain some form of malware, according to tests conducted by BT. A security expert for the U.K. telecom service provider said it expects to test apps for other mobile operating systems and find similar results.' http://www.eetimes.com/electronics-news/4391305/More-than-a-third-of-Android-apps-host-malware Proof: Linux Android sucks by design, period! -- Fraud < http://www.angelfire.com/linux/dfs0/Fraud7.gif > 7: Does anyone *format RAM* ? Peter Kohlmann: Are you *a Snit* ? Fraud < http:/...

Android is not Linux; Android is insular.
http://arstechnica.com/open-source/reviews/2009/02/an-introduction-to-google-android-for-developers.ars > February 23, 2009 > Design philosophy > > Although Android is built on top of the Linux kernel, the platform has very little in common with the conventional desktop Linux stack. In fact, during a presentation at the Google IO conference, Google engineer Patrick Brady stated unambiguously that Android is not Linux. > Much of the Android userspace operates within the constraints of Dalvik, Google's own custom Java virtual machine. Dalvik uses its own bytecode format ca...

250k+ linux android phones infected by 'Security App' from android market
BAWAWWAWWAWAAAAAA so many of these linux android phones are getting infected that even google is releasing anti virus and anti malware software for their insecure phone. BAWWWAWWAWWAAWAAAA!!!!!!!! http://socialbarrel.com/market-version-of-android-market-security-app-detected-to-have-malware/4899/ Market version of Android Market security app detected to have malware Experts from the antivirus company Symantec have found as alternate market version of Android Market Security Tool, which instead of performing anti-virus functions is loaded with malware for data theft from the owner of...

Surge of rooting malware on the Linux-based Android OS
"At least 21 applications were found to have malware that rooted Android devices without the user's consent, sent IMEI and IMSI numbers, product IDs, model, partner, language, country and user IDs. Most worrying of all was the ability for the rogue applications to download code and run it." http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/2030169/android-security-question-malware-surge Well that didn't take long... According to cola lusers, Android == Linux. Therefore Linux == insecure by design. DFS wrote: > "At least 21 applications were found...

[News] Analyst Dumps Apple for Linux/Android, NPR Sets Its Android App Free/Libre

Android on top
<quote> As per findings of the Kaspersky Security Bulletin 2012, ninety-nine percent of newly discovered mobile malicious programs target the Android platform In 2012, Kaspersky Lab identified an average of 6300 new mobile malware samples every month. Overall, in 2012, the number of known malicious samples for Android increased more than eight times. </quote> http://tech2.in.com/news/general/ninetynine-percent-of-fresh-malware-programs-attack-android-report/749712 -- "I suggest (Linus) Torvalds cures whatever disease /he/ is suffering from, before he los...

As Android gets popular, so does Android malware
http://www.cnn.com/2011/TECH/mobile/08/04/lookout.threat.report.gahran/ (CNN) -- As Android devices get more popular, they're becoming a more attractive target for cybercriminals. Consequently, if you use an Android smartphone you are now 2.5 times more likely to encounter malware (malicious software) than you were six months ago. On Fri, 5 Aug 2011 19:17:28 +0200, Alexandrovitch Kudiroyaravtsevgovoi wrote: > http://www.cnn.com/2011/TECH/mobile/08/04/lookout.threat.report.gahran/ > > (CNN) -- As Android devices get more popular, they're becoming a more > attractiv...

[NEWS] Game developers still not sold on Linux Android: Linux Android gaming stinks.
http://www.techhive.com/article/2032740/game-developers-still-not-sold-on-android.html "Even today, you'd be hard-pressed to find a game that's exclusive to the Linux-based platform, or a developer willing to profess an undying affection for Android. People might make Android games, but they don't seem like it." "Android gaming stinks Such overwhelming positivity for the Google Play Store is not universal, of course. Pocket Tactics editor Owen Faraday, who expounded on Android gaming for Wired sometime ago, called the marketplace "a desolate wast...

[News] Motorola Lowers Cost of Linux/Android Phone; fZiiLabs EGG Runs Linux/Android

Tool injects Linux backdoor in legitimate Linux Android apps
https://www.security.nl/artikel/47093/1/Tool_injecteert_backdoor_in_legitieme_Android-apps.html On forums for cybercriminals is a program which offered the possibility of an open source backed by legitimate Linux Android apps to add. The backdoor is called Linux 'Android RAT' and is a remote access tool (RAT) that allows attackers an infected device can control remotely. Thus Linux AndroRAT telephone eavesdropping and intercepting SMS messages. In addition, the route the GPS coordinates and activate the camera and microphone. To spread Linux AndroRAT there is now a new tool called Linux Androrat appeared APK Binder. This can add cybercriminals with limited knowledge of the Linux AndoRAT legitimate Linux Android apps. Infections Once an unsuspecting user installs the infected app is installed simultaneously Linux AndroRAT. Anti-virus company Symantec discovered 23 cases in which legitimate apps from the remote access tool were provided. Worldwide, it is a few hundred infections, mainly in the United States, and turkey. "The development of remote access tools on the Android platform was predicted," says Andrea Lelli Symantec. "Although Linux AndroRAT still not very refined, it has the growing popularity and open source code has the potential to be a dangerous threat." -- Major Linux Problems on the Desktop or Why Linux is not (yet) Ready for the Desktop, 2013 edition http://bit.ly/gBOiz6 ...

Rash of Android malware tips up, some on Android Market
http://www.electronista.com/articles/11/07/11/android.hit.by.droiddream.zitmo.hipposms.malware/ Android hit by DroidDream, Zitmo, HippoSMS malware The attack was significant as it was likely to have been published by the same author that had been caught uploading malware earlier. Why Google hadn't taken action to prevent a resubmit isn't clear, though *Google* has historically had a *consciously loose app screening policy* to provide more *liberties* to developers. "Alexandrovitch Kudiroyaravtsevgovoi" <nospam.kudiroyaravtsevgovoi@nospammers.invalid> wrote in m...

Linux malware in the wild: Rooting Exploit for Linux Android Works Silently
http://blogs.mcafee.com/mcafee-labs/rooting-exploit-for-android "The malware binary is packaged with a legitimate application. In this case, the malicious exploit code comes with "Daily Beauties," which showcases pictures of celebrities that are updated periodically. Attackers use this repacking approach to hide their malware within genuine applications, which users will download and install." BWAHAHAHAHAHAAAAH, Linux Android the crappiest, malware infested OS strikes *AGAIN* -- Desktop Linux: The Dream Is Dead "By the time Microsoft released the Windows 7 bet...

Android Apps Running on Non-Android Platforms
http://www.openmobileww.com/#!acl/c1o3z http://www.openmobileww.com/#!acl-for-linux/c187a ...

WinPhone7 is the most stable smartphone OS. Android Linux is the least stable smartphone OS.
"Out of the six modern smartphone operating systems, Android is clearly the least stable of them all. I have seen numerous low memory issues, force close warnings, random resets, freezes on apps and connections, and more. With so many different manufacturers, different versions of the OS out and available, and thousands of apps that are clearly not built well enough to prevent issues Android is clearly in last in the stability department." http://www.zdnet.com/blog/cell-phones/microsofts-windows-phone-7-is-the-most-stable-mobile-phone-os/6456 Android Linux is bumbleware? Say it ain't so! On 02/02/2012 09:07 PM, DFS wrote: > "Out of the six modern smartphone operating systems, Android is > clearly the least stable of them all. I have seen numerous low > memory issues, force close warnings, random resets, freezes on apps > and connections, and more. With so many different manufacturers, > different versions of the OS out and available, and thousands of > apps that are clearly not built well enough to prevent issues Android > is clearly in last in the stability department." > > http://www.zdnet.com/blog/cell-phones/microsofts-windows-phone-7-is-the-most-stable-mobile-phone-os/6456 > > Android Linux is bumbleware? Say it ain't so! [quote] Fellow Microsoft MVP�s [...] and Matt Miller [/quote] http://www.coolsmartphone.com/2011/01/21/windows-phone-7-a-year-after-launch/ Yup, a really unbiased article (...

INSECURE by design. The holy-grail of all malware found for Android Swiss-Cheese malware OS
What a piece of shit OS. Android makes making a phone call dangerous. <giggle> <quote> Uncovering Android Master Key That Makes 99% of Devices Vulnerable Bluebox Labs - recently discovered a vulnerability in Android's security model that allows a hacker to modify APK code without breaking an application's cryptographic signature, to turn any legitimate application into a malicious Trojan, completely unnoticed by the app store, the phone, or the end user. The implications are huge! This vulnerability, around at least since the release of Android 1.6 (code...

Android is Android on all phones?
I just bought my first smart phone. Maker is BLU. My question is: how does the operation of this phone by this manufacturer compare to the operation on say a Samsung or other maker? Do things change from Android version to version, radically? I have 4.4.2 if that makes a diff. I have the manual and all, it's not a question of how to operate it, even though I'm having a learning curve of using the phone features and getting calls when the phone is asleep/standby whatever it's called. Thanks. Per Big_Al: >I just bought my first smart phone. Maker is BLU. >...

Linux Android the malware magnet
https://www.security.nl/image/5767 The amount of Linux Android malware has boomed over the past six months, bringing the number of copies this month discovered the limit of 1 million will pass. That leaves the German research AV-Test.org opposite Security.NL know. In December, there were 250,000 copies found, but the last half year passed the total number of 900,000 copies."This number will start July 1 million pass," said Andreas Marx of AV-Test. https://www.security.nl/artikel/46947/1/'Android-malware_passeert_1_miljoen_exemplaren_in_juli'.html Get Linux ...

Android Linux is a Malware Magnet.
http://news.cnet.com/8301-1009_3-57328575-83/androids-a-malware-magnet-says-mcafee/ "The amount of malicious software hitting Android devices in the third quarter jumped almost 37 percent, boding that 2011 will be the busiest year ever for malware." http://blogs.cio.com/security/16631/androids-success-makes-it-malware-magnet "Google�s Android OS has become a malware magnet. Its dominance as a smartphone platform is turning it into a much bigger security risk compared to place Apple�s iPhone. Since July there has been a 472 percent increase in spyware and viruses targeting An...

Web resources about - Top 10 antivirus and anti-malware apps for Android (Android Authority) - comp.os.linux.advocacy

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
1.75.0.1300 / April 9, 2013 ; 9 months ago ( 2013-04-09 ) Made by Malwarebytes Corporation, it was first released in January 2008. It is available ...

Facebook Adds ESET to Its Anti-Malware Arsenal
... with its announcement Wednesday that it reached an agreement with information-technology-security vendor ESET to incorporate its anti- malware ...

anti-malware - ARN
The source for IT industry news, views and analysis across the channel, business and technology

Malwarebytes questions poor showing in anti-malware protection-evaluation lab testing
Dennis Technology Labs (DTL), which tests anti-malware products for effectiveness in protection, for the first time included the free version ...

Cylance, Blue Coat Systems Bring Next-Generation Anti-Malware Technology to Network Security
CSO Australia - News, Industry Blogs, Tools and Resources for Data Security Executives

Malwarebytes questions poor showing in anti-malware protection-evaluation lab testing
Dennis Technology Labs (DTL), which tests anti-malware products for effectiveness in protection, for the first time included the free version ...

Facebook Adds ESET to Its Anti-Malware Arsenal - SocialTimes
... with its announcement Wednesday that it reached an agreement with information-technology-security vendor ESET to incorporate its anti- malware ...

Rating the best anti-malware solutions
AV-Comparatives' December 2009 report has been released and there are eight …

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware makes scan results easier to read, fixes major bugs
Malwarebytes Corporation has shipped Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.0.2 , a minor but important update to its security tool that provides a second ...

Qualcomm, Inc. Unveils Anti-Malware Snapdragon Smart Project System
The hardware-based layer of Smart Protect will make it very difficult for hackers to penetrate; Bidness Etc looks at the effectiveness of Qualcomm ...