Two Fortune articles: "Gates without Microsoft" & "Microsoft without Gates"

http://money.cnn.com/2008/06/20/technology/gates_after_microsoft.fortune/index.htm

http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/gates/2008/index.html

-RFH

0
ramon (1518)

____/ Ramon F Herrera on Tuesday 24 June 2008 05:07 : \____

http://money.cnn.com/2008/06/20/technology/gates_after_microsoft.fortune/index.htm

> http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/gates/2008/index.html
>
> -RFH

Some interesting private conversation I received by E-mail:

__

Here is an interesting slide show narrated by Gates.  Note how he talks
constantly about competition, and note, too, how he remarks that he was in a
private school in 8th grade.

http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/storysupplement/gates_microsoft/index.html

This is the story of a man born a tyrannt with a silver spoon in his mouth.

He's just burning up media attention away from important issues and many
security problems with his products.

I'd prefer coverage not be wasted on the botnet king as he transitions
officially to politics.

Ensure access to your data in the future
http://opendocumentfellowship.com/about_us/contribute

IMHO it is good to know some details as to his private, privileged life, for
the purpose of dispelling the notion that Gates somehow cobbled together
Microsoft by himself in his garage.  He didn't.  His dad funded it, along with
his dad's super-wealthy friends.

And apparently his mom hooked him up with the IBM deal where he sold Qdos to
IBM.  That was IMHO his first and last business transaction, and not even his
own. Every move since inheriting that monopoly has been to extend it using his
college dropout skills of poker and Risk.
I haven't looked in detail at the article, but have any given details about MS'
main product: myths and dreams.
Any techno-buddhists you can contact?  It seems that the MS products (myth and
dreams) cultivate desire, ignorance and, too often out of frustration, hate.

____

None of the above is my own words (it's an ongoing discussion), but I could not
agree more.

- --
                ~~ Best of wishes

Microsoft: a device for converting public ignorance into cash
 08:05:02 up 70 days,  6:17,  6 users,  load average: 0.92, 2.03, 2.19
0
newsgroups3 (79677)
6/24/2008 7:11:33 AM
On Tue, 24 Jun 2008 08:11:33 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> IMHO it is good to know some details as to his private, privileged life, for
> the purpose of dispelling the notion that Gates somehow cobbled together
> Microsoft by himself in his garage.  He didn't.  His dad funded it, along with
> his dad's super-wealthy friends.
>
> And apparently his mom hooked him up with the IBM deal where he sold Qdos to
> IBM.  That was IMHO his first and last business transaction, and not even his
> own. Every move since inheriting that monopoly has been to extend it using his
> college dropout skills of poker and Risk.
> I haven't looked in detail at the article, but have any given details about MS'
> main product: myths and dreams.
> Any techno-buddhists you can contact?  It seems that the MS products (myth and
> dreams) cultivate desire, ignorance and, too often out of frustration, hate.

So?
You seem jealous.
What have *you* done with *your* life Schestowitz?
Apparently from your resume you have some intelligence and could make a
difference in the medical world.
So WTF are you doing sitting at a keyboard spamming 24x7 into groups that
don't matter a can of beans in the scheme of things.

BTW you really need a dose of the real world and how business operates.
I'll give you a hint, forget a good portion of what you learned in school
unless it is along the lines of f=ma.

Get your ass out of school and start pulling your weight for a change
instead of sponging off of others and maybe, just maybe, you might make
something of yourself.

> None of the above is my own words (it's an ongoing discussion), but I could not
> agree more.

That's the only reason I replied.
If it were your words I probably would just consider it to be wrong and
ignored it.

--
Moshe Goldfarb
Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots: