I'm wondering if this problem is happening while I'm running
transmission....

If not I hope they release the fix in 10.04.1"

#604 at
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1478787&page=61

Keep hope alive!

What you're experiencing is the result of low pay, laziness and apathy,
traits common amongst Linux "developers".

0
DFS

Ubuntu Lurid crapware: "extremely disappointing...won't boot...won't recover...no terminal mode... Nothing"
#1167 at http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1465548&page=117 Linux == guaranteed disappointment. On Tue, 06 Jul 2010 12:17:41 -0400, DFS wrote: > #1167 at > http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1465548&page=117 > > > Linux == guaranteed disappointment. No, it doesn't. -- Rick On 2010-07-06, the following emerged from the brain of Rick: > On Tue, 06 Jul 2010 12:17:41 -0400, DFS wrote: > >> #1167 at >> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1465548&page=117 >> >> >> Linux == guaranteed disappoi...

Ubuntu Lurid crapware: "hibernate hangs...ethernet disabled...no network...shutdown hangs...CD won't write...printer won't print"
"I wanted to upgrade but couldn't, for reasons not understood having to do with repository stuff. So I installed new ubuntu in dual boot with old ubuntu. Installed OK on my old e-machine. Then I decided to hibernate. Hung. Turned off power. Now the ethernet card is disabled on boot and I cannot get to network. Even if I ifconfig the card. Also, shutdown hangs like hibernate did. I have no clue how to fix this. Fortunately, old ubuntu still comes up and gets to network or I wouldn't be here. Unfortunately, cd rw won't write and printer won't print since ...

Linux crapware victim: Mepis8 'collapsed'... webcams don't work on Ubuntu 12.04..."Don't tell me to build a kernel..."
"I need my webcam to work with flash on web pages so that I can speak to family members overseas (Kopete and suchlike). I used mepis8 for years and everything was perfect, my webcams (three different makes), printers and anything else I cared to plug in worked from the off. lovely!! Then mepis8 collapsed suddenly and nothing worked. I tried the newer mepis variants and every other linux distro that I came across to solve the problem, but nothing works. I'm now using ubuntu 12.04, because it's not windows I suppose, but it's far from what I need. ...

Ubuntu Lurid crapware: "most problematic yet...nothing but a headache...won't automount external drives...won't recognize CD/DVD...Firefox drops connectivity"
"I have been using Ubuntu since Intrepid, and this has been by far the most problematic version yet! I had the best luck with Jaunty, but Karmic had the safely remove hardware option. Since Lucid is a "LTS" version I figured that I would be trouble free for 3 years... The first thing that was more of an annoyance was that the min. max., and close buttons were all on the left side. I remember a poll here where something like 75% of the people didn't like it. I was hoping that the Beta version would have gotten rid of it, but they didn't. It's not that big of a...

Documented
"All upgraded OK, but then noticed no sound, and no video. After following some online advice with hardware drivers tried to update Nvidia, and I then lost the GUI. Can get back by editing out Nvidia for Vesa in xorg.conf, but have to each time I start, and graphics too low to run much. Was going to back a few things up and re-install Jaunty, and now find USB memory stick will not work. Tried downloading and installing latest Nvidia driver, but got lots of error messages regarding kernels and headers that I can't resolve. Now will not even shutdown properly." #...

Ubuntu Lurid crapware: "sound stopped working..video unstable...can't read USB sticks...battery meter inaccurate...shutdown doesn't work"
"Sound - worked then stopped working (just one boot up the controls were gone and no sound came from anywhere), now fixed with the removal of pulse (this is a standard issue with ubuntu since 8.04). still have an issue with going to system->prefs->sound, its just hangs waiting for sound system. Video - Nvidia card but unstable video and no openGL until attention given to correct driver - the standard install looked pretty grim. USB sticks cannot read, get permission denied errors. Battery meter seems wildly inaccurate, claims 7 hours then dies in 2. Shutdown see...

At first the crapware didn't work, then the crapware did work, now the crapware won't work again
"when i installed fedora9 i could login as root, but had problems with installing updates and my printer did not work, today for some strange reason my updates worked, and after that my printer worked. but now my display is not right, and when i make the change from my user side it does not take. i can not login to the root now.." #8 at http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=202644 Linux just works <doesn't> works <doesn't> .... RonB wrote: > DFS wrote: > >> "when i installed fedora9 i could login as root, but had problems with...

Karmic Krapware: "no sound...no video... lost the GUI... USB stick won't work...won't shutdown properly"
"All upgraded OK, but then noticed no sound, and no video. After following some online advice with hardware drivers tried to update Nvidia, and I then lost the GUI. Can get back by editing out Nvidia for Vesa in xorg.conf, but have to each time I start, and graphics too low to run much. Was going to back a few things up and re-install Jaunty, and now find USB memory stick will not work. Tried downloading and installing latest Nvidia driver, but got lots of error messages regarding kernels and headers that I can't resolve. Now will not even shutdown properly." #764 at http...

Ubuntu Lurid crapware: "very serious bug...crashes won't stop...I have to abandon Ubuntu"
"This is very serious bug. I've been using Ubuntu LTS for years with only minor problems and for real work not distro hoping. This is the first time (on the same computer) I have to abandon Ubuntu because the crashes won't stop (Ubuntu 10.04). I have done all the updates, tried kernel 2.6.32.21, 2.6.32.22, 2.6.32.23, 2.6.32.24 no luck, all freeze. At the begining I thought it was the X.org freezing, but now I think it is the whole system. Today I was typing a text and listening to music and only after 5 minutes it froze again. I was listening to an mp3 song wi...

Ubuntu Lurid crapware victim: "SATA drives not visible... 2nd DVD won't mount... mouse buttons randomly reassigned... slow boot... not a good experience"
"Initially, all 3 SATA HD's refused to be seen and the install failed until they were all disconnected and i was only able to install on the IDE drive solely (i've tried!). Additionally, Lucid will not mount either the floppy nor the second DVD drive - it will only see the CD drive & not the DVD either separately or together. Additionally, my Logitech MS700 randomly has had its buttons reassigned after booting (scroll = size and forward/back = search) however, this could be caused by a conflict with the (newer) Firefox as a reinstall of FF fixes this - i...

Ubuntu crapware: "great until it quit working...I won't be installing or recommending it"
"Overall, up until the point at which it quit working, my experience with Ubuntu had been great as well, that's exactly why I am so disappointed, I had already gotten to the point where I liked it enough, that after years of Windows, I was ready to accept it as my default OS. If I had hated it, it wouldn't have mattered, I would never have posted, and would have just moved on...do you see where i'm coming from? And like many others here, I had already begun to sing the praises of Ubuntu and started recommending it to friends, family etc. But i'm done now, ...

Willie won't, Willie won't, won't go!
Ah yes, some 70s nostalgia tunes. ...

Ubuntu Lurid crapware: "I'm going back to Windows if I can't get this sorted soon"
"Ubuntu will not let me change the screen resolution for some reason. I had two monitors connected to my system which fixed the problem but I have to give it back to the owner. So there is something else going on that I don't know how to fix. I checked the version before I posted and it shows Gnome 2.4 even after showing the 10.4 updates were downloading. Guess I'm going back to Windows if I can't get this sorted soon." #3 at http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1541458 Lusotec, I'm thinking it's a hardware issue. "Whatever the...

Ubuntu Lurid crapware: "if it works, you're one of the lucky ones... don't make any changes whatsoever"
"If you have a machine that Ubuntu 10.04 actually works on, then you should get plenty of use out of it, congrats, you are one of the lucky ones, just whatever you do, don't change any hardware or anything else without first backing up everything on any and all partitions and OS'es installed on said computer. If Ubuntu won't work on your machine...well...try all the fixes if you want, or read the thousands of posts on the subject and come to the conscious decision to try something else, plenty more Linux OS'es out there. But this one is hit-or-miss for now...

Web resources about - Ubuntu Lurid crapware: "random freezes...get new kernel...now wireless won't work...drivers won't activate" - comp.os.linux.advocacy