Uncovering Linux Android Master Key That Makes 99% of Linux Devices Vulnerable, nearly 900 million Linux devices

The Bluebox Security research team - Bluebox Labs - recently discovered a
vulnerability in Linux Android's security model that allows a hacker to
modify APK code without breaking an application's cryptographic signature,
to turn any legitimate application into a malicious Trojan, completely
unnoticed by the app store, the phone, or the end user. The implications are
huge! This vulnerability, around at least since the release of Android 1.6
(codename: "Donut" ), could affect any Android phone released in the last 4
years1 - or nearly 900 million Linux devices2- and depending on the type of
application, a hacker can exploit the vulnerability for anything from data
theft to creation of a mobile botnet."
http://bluebox.com/corporate-blog/bluebox-uncovers-android-master-key/

OMG........... "7"? , Grufftard?......... Kohltard?..... please come and
tell us this isn't so!!!!!!!!
<chuckle>

--
Major Linux Problems on the Desktop
or Why Linux is not (yet) Ready for the Desktop,

0
Cola_Zealot (1051)

Cola Zealot wrote:

> The Bluebox Security research team - Bluebox Labs - recently discovered a
> vulnerability in Linux Android's security model that allows a hacker to
> modify APK code without breaking an application's cryptographic signature,
> to turn any legitimate application into a malicious Trojan, completely
> unnoticed by the app store, the phone, or the end user. The implications
> are huge! This vulnerability, around at least since the release of Android
> 1.6 (codename: "Donut" ), could affect any Android phone released in the
> last 4 years1 - or nearly 900 million Linux devices2- and depending on the
> type of application, a hacker can exploit the vulnerability for anything
> from data theft to creation of a mobile botnet."
> http://bluebox.com/corporate-blog/bluebox-uncovers-android-master-key/
>
> OMG........... "7"? , Grufftard?......... Kohltard?..... please come and
> tell us this isn't so!!!!!!!!
> <chuckle>

If it were microshaft, it would be monetizing it and sell it immediately
to each and every customer that pays it money. When that customer
screws with your computer with the bug that microshaft has sold to them,
you are denied any compensation from microshaft that has chosen to screw
you by proxy or from those that choose to screw you by direct means.

Installing microshaft can lead to double screwing of you by both
microshaft and by pikes that have nothing better to do other than screw you.

Wnen microshit sells the vulns, it is selling code that is building blocks
for virus, trojanic horsies, malware and anything else pykes will
have you for. All countries throw virus writers in jail but not microshaft
because they know Micorshaft is above the law.

"Cola Zealot" <Cola_Zealot@fuckoff.com> wrote in message
> The Bluebox Security research team - Bluebox Labs - recently discovered a
> vulnerability in Linux Android's security model that allows a hacker to
> modify APK code without breaking an application's cryptographic signature,
> to turn any legitimate application into a malicious Trojan, completely
> unnoticed by the app store, the phone, or the end user. The implications
> are huge! This vulnerability, around at least since the release of Android
> 1.6 (codename: "Donut" ), could affect any Android phone released in the
> last 4 years1 - or nearly 900 million Linux devices2- and depending on the
> type of application, a hacker can exploit the vulnerability for anything
> from data theft to creation of a mobile botnet."
> http://bluebox.com/corporate-blog/bluebox-uncovers-android-master-key/
>
> OMG........... "7"? , Grufftard?......... Kohltard?..... please come and
> tell us this isn't so!!!!!!!!
> <chuckle>

The Swiss-cheese malware magnet OS keeps getting worse and worse. Just when
I thought that things couldn't get any worse for Android the grand-daddy of
all malware is discovered.

It's because Google is more interested in making money than actually putting
out a secure product. They are incompetent and most likely used this "master
key" to spy on all of their customers. Being the scumbags that they are I
would not be surprised to find out that Google intentionally designed this
into the product so that they could spy on everyone and anyone.

Android Linux is INSECURE BY DESIGN. Android Linux has 1000x as many
security issues as the Windows phone.

--
It turns out that the "Dirty USSD" exploit demonstrated yesterday on Samsung
devices affects ***all Android devices*** running anything below Android

During his presentation, Borgaonkar mentioned that the same attack can be
used to "kill" SIM cards.... ... vulnerable to remote wipe or permanent
destruction of the SIM card - if they haven't been updated since June.

He added that all Android devices running Android 2.3.x (Gingerbread), 3.x
(Honeycomb), 4.0.x (Ice Cream Sandwich) and 4.1.x (Jelly Bean) are
vulnerable to this flaw if they had not been updated since June.

0
zeke1302 (4199)
7/5/2013 12:47:22 PM
Cuckoo 7 wrote:
> Cola Zealot wrote:
>
>> The Bluebox Security research team - Bluebox Labs - recently
>> discovered a vulnerability in Linux Android's security model that
>> allows a hacker to modify APK code without breaking an application's
>> cryptographic signature, to turn any legitimate application into a
>> malicious Trojan, completely unnoticed by the app store, the phone,
>> or the end user. The implications are huge! This vulnerability,
>> around at least since the release of Android
>> 1.6 (codename: "Donut" ), could affect any Android phone released in
>> the last 4 years1 - or nearly 900 million Linux devices2- and
>> depending on the type of application, a hacker can exploit the
>> vulnerability for anything from data theft to creation of a mobile
>> botnet."
>> http://bluebox.com/corporate-blog/bluebox-uncovers-android-master-key/
>>
>> OMG........... "7"? , Grufftard?......... Kohltard?..... please come
>> and tell us this isn't so!!!!!!!!
>> <chuckle>
>

> microshaft, Wnen microshit, vulns, microshaft, Micorshaft.

Please stop talking your gobbledygook balderdash, you fraudulent clown of
COLA.
Oh.. I see, your Linux based spell checker is fucked or you are illiterate,
which one is it?, tard!
bwaaaahahaaah!

0
Cola_Zealot (1051)
7/5/2013 2:51:37 PM
> Cuckoo 7 wrote:
>> Cola Zealot wrote:
>>
>>> The Bluebox Security research team - Bluebox Labs - recently
>>> discovered a vulnerability in Linux Android's security model that
>>> allows a hacker to modify APK code without breaking an application's
>>> cryptographic signature, to turn any legitimate application into a
>>> malicious Trojan, completely unnoticed by the app store, the phone,
>>> or the end user. The implications are huge! This vulnerability,
>>> around at least since the release of Android
>>> 1.6 (codename: "Donut" ), could affect any Android phone released in
>>> the last 4 years1 - or nearly 900 million Linux devices2- and
>>> depending on the type of application, a hacker can exploit the
>>> vulnerability for anything from data theft to creation of a mobile
>>> botnet."
>>> http://bluebox.com/corporate-blog/bluebox-uncovers-android-master-key/
>>>
>>> OMG........... "7"? , Grufftard?......... Kohltard?..... please come
>>> and tell us this isn't so!!!!!!!!
>>> <chuckle>
>>

>> microshaft, Wnen microshit, vulns, microshaft, Micorshaft.
>
> Please stop talking your gobbledygook balderdash, you fraudulent clown of
> COLA.
> Oh.. I see, your Linux based spell checker is fucked or you are
> illiterate, which one is it?, tard!
> bwaaaahahaaah!

His Linux based spell checker is defective useless garbage just like the
Linux based Android OS.

--
I've done for example SQL optimization and the reason I could do it better
than the best high level experts can do was because I think in hex and bits

If you know the assembler in detail, you would know what "select * from
employees" would translate into assembler and how different and yet similar
that would be from "select name from employees"

Babbling idiot "7"
March 7, 2012
<qAN5r.607$ya.432@newsfe03.ams2>

0
zeke1302 (4199)
7/5/2013 2:54:22 PM
On Fri, 5 Jul 2013 10:54:22 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:

> "Cola Zealot" <Cola_Zealot@fuckoff.com> wrote in message
>> Cuckoo 7 wrote:

>>> microshaft, Wnen microshit, vulns, microshaft, Micorshaft.
>>
>> Please stop talking your gobbledygook balderdash, you fraudulent clown of
>> COLA.
>> Oh.. I see, your Linux based spell checker is fucked or you are
>> illiterate, which one is it?, tard!
>> bwaaaahahaaah!
>
> His Linux based spell checker is defective useless garbage just like the
> Linux based Android OS.

But Chris Ahlstrom thinks 7 = Joseph Michael is "zany, a genius and
insightful".

Seriously, what is wrong with these Linux "advocates"?
--
flatfish+++
PLEASE VISIT OUR HALL OF LINUX IDIOTS:

Linux, Linux, Linux

[News] Everything in Mobile Devices is Linux, Linux, Linux....
Better Than Kindle? ,----[ Quote ] | While I'm thinking about all the things I'd do with it, this is what comes to | my mind: this thing cost around $400. There are few other devices that cost | that much these days: | | * Nokia N810 | * Asus eeePC 701 | * OLPC `---- http://justanystuff.blogspot.com/2007/12/better-than-kindle.html Here's a good early look at Android: Hands on with Android: XML Parsing ,----[ Quote ] | Here is an XML parser that I created to showcase Android’s UI. It retrieves | NBA, MLB and NFL scores off of my web server. The true beauty is ...

Why linux is linux

My Linux is not your Linux

I have Linux! I have Linux!

Linux!! Linux!!
From http://groups.google.ca/group/comp.os.linux.misc/about This month 16 t...@invalid.invalid 15 ahlstr...@launchmodem.com 14 goldee_loxnbag...@gmail.com 10 jhas...@newsguy.com 9 mil...@yoyo.org 9 hel...@deepsoft.com 9 hadronqu...@gmail.com 8 ronb02nos...@gmail.com 7 secret...@lxny.org 7 ignoramus8...@nospam.8345.invalid All time 5421 p...@oboe.it.uc3m.es 4508 michael+use...@www.heiming.de 3530 j...@dhh.gt.org 3066 hel...@deepsoft.com 2991 nike_jordan_...@yahoo.com.cn 2651 jdbe...@exit109.com 2474 gra...@visi.com 2216 nikejordangoo...@hotmail.com 1890 rkiesl...@mainmatter.com 1869 unruh-s...@physics.ubc.ca FRom http://groups.google.ca/group/comp.os.linux.setup/about Top posters This month 35 art...@sj.speakeasy.net 25 t...@invalid.invalid 21 a...@zimage.comant 15 Nico Kadel-Garcia 13 n...@youmustbejoking.demon.cu.invalid 8 dwhodg...@nomail.afraid.org 8 jhas...@newsguy.com 7 jul...@tampabay.rr.com 6 karthikbalagur...@gmail.com 5 Doug Freyburger All time 2999 p...@oboe.it.uc3m.es 1752 nka...@comcast.net 1510 scare.c...@oz.land 1458 michael+use...@www.heiming.de 1262 mjtob...@removethis_consultant.com 1132 nka...@bellatlantic.net 1128 kim...@lightlink.com 1106 nos...@nosite.zzz 1047 effla...@xnet.com 1007 m...@scrum.muc.de -- Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nl2k.ab.ca Ici doctor@nl2k.ab.ca God, Queen and country! Never Satan President Republic! Beware AntiChrist rising! http://twitter.com/rootnl2k http://www.faceboo...

[News] Review of a Unique Linux Device, Linux Grows in Embedded Devices
Meet the chumby ,----[ Quote ] | I've been pacing the chumby maternity ward for nearly a year, waiting for | this unique wireless device to see the light of day. I recently took delivery | of my own little bundle of chumby joy and, at first look, I think it will | make a great addition to my growing gadget family. `---- http://www.linux.com/feature/119766 LinuxCertified Announces Embedded and Real-Time Linux Development Training ,----[ Quote ] | Over the past few years, more and more organizations have been opting for | Linux as their embedded platform. `---- http://www.linux...

[News] [Linux] MontaVista Claims to Have Shipped 35 Million Linux Devices
MontaVista asserts mobile Linux leadership ,----[ Quote ] | MontaVista Software announced today that its commercial Linux OS has | shipped in 35 million mobile devices, including 15 million last year. | Additionally, it said it ranked fourth overall among mobile operating | system providers in terms of revenue, according to figures compiled | by Venture Development Corp. (VDC). `---- http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS2687231088.html Who Leads The Real-time Linux Niche? ,----[ Quote ] | "Linux was not designed to be a real-time system by any means and | when we started MontaVista in...

Tutors / study materials to quickly ramp-up Linux kernel / Linux device drivers for non-Linux embedded experts
Could some one point me any Linux tutor / study material which is written for embedded programmers those who are already familiar with RTOS, low level device driver programming skills? Thanks in advance! --------------------------------------- Posted through http://www.EmbeddedRelated.com 2014-02-04 19:19, t_palani skrev: > Could some one point me any Linux tutor / study material which is written > for embedded programmers those who are already familiar with RTOS, low > level device driver programming skills? > > Thanks in advance! > > Check the Free-Electrons website. They have a complete open source linux course. > > --------------------------------------- > Posted through http://www.EmbeddedRelated.com > On 02/04/2014 07:19 PM, t_palani wrote: > Could some one point me any Linux tutor / study material which is written > for embedded programmers those who are already familiar with RTOS, low > level device driver programming skills? For free and very good: http://oreilly.com/openbook/linuxdrive3/book/ Good luck! Yours sincerely, Rene ...

[News] [Linux] Linux USB Device Experience Better Than Windows USB Device Experience
Another Ubuntu Win: USB Devices ,----[ Quote ] | I had a similar experience with my Canon camera. It's so weird that | Windows is trying to make it easy with all of it's autodetecting USB | devices and searching for drivers, but then it just fails. Ubuntu | just works. `---- http://www.leonatkinson.com/index.php/another-ubuntu-win-usb-devices/ Related: Ubuntu and wireless - now better than Windows! ,----[ Quote ] | For years, Linux has had a reputation of being notoriously bad for | wireless access, whether through access points, ad-hoc, whatever. | But the new KWirelessNetwork...

[NEWS] 33 Million Linux Android devices infected in 2012, first quarter of 2013 over 10 million devices.
"33 Million Linux Android devices infected in 2012" https://www.security.nl/artikel/45891/1/'33_miljoen_Android-toestellen_besmet_in_2012'.html 'Yesterday, 17:33 by Editor In the past year, more than 32.8 million smartphones and tablets with the Linux Android operating system by malware infected. More than a 200% increase over 2011, when there were 10.8 million units became infected. Claims that the mobile security company NQ Mobile. Most infections found in China, followed by India and Russia.Most malware that was discovered last year in NQ Mobile falls into...

[News] [Linux] Japans Makes Linux More Secure, India Builds Own Linux
CREST Begins Project to Increase Linux Security and Reliability ,----[ Quote | Japan Science and Technology Agency (JST) fortifies a project aimed | at strengthening security and reliability of Linux and other embedded | OSs as part of its "CREST (Core Research for Evolutional Science | and Technology)" initiative. `---- http://techon.nikkeibp.co.jp/english/NEWS_EN/20070530/133371/ Getting to know the Indian Linux ,----[ Quote ] | Mr. Mathew added that the development team intended to localise | the OS into all 22 official Indian languages. "The move is aimed | to provide co...

[News] Amazon's DRM-laden Linux Device Faces Competition from Better Linux Devices

Linux sold at least 14 million Linux devices PER DAY ALL DAY in 2010!!!!!!!!!
Linux sold at least 14 million Linux devices PER DAY ALL DAY in 2010!!!!! ------------------------------------------------------------------------- Think of all the factories and retailers that made money on the back of Linux. Linux sold at least 14 million gadgets PER DAY ALL DAY EVERY DAY in 2010. 2011 will will be a massive bonanza for electronics factories, gadget makers, Linux software developers, and governments that support Linux industries to grab a piece of the action. This despite global recession. Obama, you should pull out all the stops to get in on the Linux a...

[News] [Linux] Linux is Coming to 3 More Devices
Intel shows more advanced ultraportable ,----[ Quote ] | Instead of Windows, the MIMD uses Midinux, a Linux operating | system for mobile devices from China's Red Flag Linux. `---- http://www.infoworld.com/article/07/06/07/Intel-shows-advanced-ultraportable_1.html Apple-TV to run Linux soon? ,----[ Quote ] | Despite early success, the project's labors are "not ready for prime | time yet," according to the Wiki page. EFI is not fully working yet, | and the instructions appear to be incomplete and apparently still | evolving. The Wiki page concludes, "I just wanna ...

[News] [Linux] New Versions of Engarde Secure Linux, Core Linux, OpenTLE (Thai Linux)
EnGarde Secure Linux 3.0.14 Released ,----[ Quote ] | A fully functional secure Linux platform distribution, this release | features a vastly improved intrusion detection Attack Monitor. `---- http://www.linuxlookup.com/2007/may/04/engarde_secure_linux_3_0_14_released Core GNU/Linux 2.0 Released! ,----[ Quote ] | Core contains nothing beyond what is required to perform these tasks. | Core is primarily designed for experienced Linux users, though it has | found an audience with those looking to learn about the internals | and operation of a Linux system. `---- http://www.coredistro.org/news-20070501 http://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=linuxtle ...

[News] Linux, Linux, Linux at Acer (Phones and Tablets)

[News] [Linux] The Linux Foundation Improves Linux Printing
Linux Foundation Improves Printing Functionality in Linux With LSB Driver Development Kit ,----[ Quote ] | "The LSB DDK is a direct result of our workgroup efforts and will | make it easier to create distribution-independent printer driver | packages," said Till Kamppeter, OpenPrinting.org manager, The | Linux Foundation. `---- http://new.marketwire.com/2.0/rel.jsp?id=741867&sourceType=1 Related: Real-time Linux simulates toner motion for printer design ,----[ Quote ] | Concurrent reports that its commercial, real-time Linux | implementation for multi-processor AMD Opter...

Linux, linux, you mutter...
Vagrants, scaliwags and bums. That's what you advocates are. Drunk old men, wearing jute pants in the alley. LeeLee Sobiesky looks elegant in this picture: http://www.leeleesobieski.com/pics/lld/lld12.jpg -- Kent East Hill for Bush '04 Death to Kent West Hillians !!! DEATH TO KENT WEST HILL wrote: > > Vagrants, scaliwags and bums. > > That's what you advocates are. > > Drunk old men, wearing jute pants in the alley. > > LeeLee Sobiesky looks elegant in this picture: > > http://www.leeleesobieski.com/pics/lld/lld12.jpg > What is sh...

[News] [Linux] Companies Keep Introducing More and More Linux Devices
Atmel Introduces an AVR32 Application Processor for Linux-based, Cost-constrained Embedded Designs ,----[ Quote ] | The new device is built to run the popular Linux operating system | in an embedded setting. Atmel provides a free port and support of | the OS and tool chain. `---- http://www.finanznachrichten.de/nachrichten-2007-06/artikel-8358750.asp Imaging Solutions Group (ISG) Announces New Remote-Eye Custom Camera Platform ,----[ Quote ] | The platform has a high performance low-power Linux CPU along with | 10/100 Ethernet, on-board JPEG compression, NTSC composite and S-Video. `--...

Porting Windows app to Linux: How to access Linux devices?
I have the task of porting a Windows application to Linux. Since the build environment (Borland C++ Builder) is highly windows-centric, Wine is my only option short of a major rewrite. I will have no problems with the regular GUI stuff, however, I need to access special hardware devices (unsupported by Wine) on the Linux system via ioctl and network sockets. My question: How can I find a way "around" Wine, accessing resources on the host running Wine? Are there special include files and service DLLs available in Wine for this? Thanks, Chris On Nov 2, 4:20=A0pm, Chris ...

[News] Many More Devices Run Linux or Support Linux

Linux Could NOT Have Invented Linux
The current view in Western technology is that Linus Torvalds invented Linux. Nothing could be further from the truth. The technical complexity and useability of Linux make it beyond the capability of what man could produce using the tools available in 1992. My theory is that Ancient Astronauts descended from the sky on 'Chariots of the Gods' and showed Linus *how* to write an Operating System. These alien visitors must have appeared as strange to the young Torvalds, and so he may have mistaken them for carpet vendors. -- w:04 On Tue, 08 Jun 2004 14:28:27 GMT, Erich Von ...

Web resources about - Uncovering Linux Android Master Key That Makes 99% of Linux Devices Vulnerable, nearly 900 million Linux devices - comp.os.linux.advocacy

Buzzfeed Cans Editor After Uncovering '40 Instances' Of Plagiarism
Buzzfeed Editor-In-Chief Ben Smith announced his decision to fire the site’s “viral politics” writer Benny Johnson after finding at least “40 ...

Sydney car dealerships raided by NSW Police, uncovering odometer tampering of used cars
Four Sydney car dealerships have been targeted in raids that uncovered&nbsp;evidence of illegal odometer tampering on 100 vehicles sold to NSW ...

More aggression to be used uncovering police brutality
&#8203;Civil libertarians are calling for Queensland's corruption watchdog to use its powers more aggressively to investigate police brutality ...

Uncovering Perth's colonial solutions to help the homeless
Life for the destitute was far from pleasant in the the Swan River Colony.

Conservatives Perfectly Suited For Uncovering Liberal Scandals
First it was the Liberals' failed promise to receive 25,000 Syrian refugees by the end of the year. Thanks to Tory pit bulls on the Hill, Justin ...

David Carr’s First Big Break Was Uncovering Police Injustice
The sudden and tragic death of New York Times columnist David Carr has us reminiscing about the legendary journalist’s career. We sat down with ...

Uncovering the big Aussie short
It was like a scene from the film The Big Short. A hedge-fund manager and an economist posed as a gay couple on a combined income of $125,000 ...

Uncovering the real value of online reviews
We've become used to the fact that for pretty much any product or service we want to buy there will be reviews available online to help us with ...

United Airlines awarded hackers millions of frequent flier miles for uncovering gaps in the company's ...
... awards as well. The Chicago-based carrier has hoped to trailblaze in the area of airline web security by offering "bug bounties" for uncovering ...

Historic Calgary Week: Uncovering hidden histories
Have you ever wondered about the history of Calgary's City Hall? Twenty lucky people will get to explore the hidden, behind-the-scenes world ...