Why linux is linux

We don't destroy, we create.

We don't imitate, we build.

We are not a network, we are a personal OS.

--
http://www.texeme.com

0
jabailo2 (6594)

Hi John,

Attempting to Speak for Linux, You wrote: <<

  We don't destroy, we create.

  We don't imitate, we build.

  We are not a network, we are a personal OS. >>

Linux is more like this: <<

  Like everything else, we consume and are consumed.

  We exchange ideas with everyone,
  to the point where it's almost impossible to track.

  We are artisans, not mass producers. >>

0
me4 (19624)
10/19/2004 4:16:35 AM
Jeff Relf wrote:

> Linux is more like this: <<
>
>   Like everything else, we consume and are consumed.
>
>   We exchange ideas with everyone,
>   to the point where it's almost impossible to track.
>
>   We are artisans, not mass producers. >>

You know linux, Jeff.

You know linux.

--
http://www.texeme.com

0
jabailo2 (6594)
10/19/2004 4:26:15 AM
Jeff Relf wrote:

>   We are artisans, not mass producers. >>

Can we undo the damage?

Of the m$ producers?

--
http://www.texeme.com

0
jabailo2 (6594)
10/19/2004 4:28:06 AM
Hi John,

Re:  My categorization of Linux as: <<

  Like everything else, it consumes and is consumed.

  It exchange ideas with everyone,
  to the point where it's almost impossible to track.

  It's artistic, not mass produced. >>

You replied: <<

  You know Linux, Jeff.

  You know Linux. >>

Thanks John,

  I knew nothing about Linux before I met you.

  No one else here is half as good as you are at explaining it.

0
me4 (19624)
10/19/2004 4:43:36 AM
Hi John,

Re:  Linux artistry vs. Microsoft's mass production,

You asked me: <<

  Can we undo the damage ?  Of the m$ producers ? >>

Can we undo Wal*Mart and Frys ?

It's the same question.

0
me4 (19624)
10/19/2004 4:50:17 AM
Jeff Relf wrote:

> Can we undo Wal*Mart and Frys ?

We wouldn't want to.

--
http://www.texeme.com

0
jabailo2 (6594)
10/19/2004 5:31:46 AM
Hi John,

Why are Wal*Mart and Frys good but Microsoft is bad ?

0
me4 (19624)
10/19/2004 7:57:07 PM
On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 19:57:07 +0000, Jeff Relf wrote:

> Hi John,
>
> Why are Wal*Mart and Frys good but Microsoft is bad ?

Because they haven't illegally kept competitors from the market.
Because they haven't artificially kept prices up.
Because they don't swipe IP from competitors.
Because they haven't presented purposefully doctored evidence in court.

--
Rick

0
none10 (4038)
10/19/2004 8:14:55 PM
In comp.os.linux.advocacy, John Bailo
<jabailo@earthlink.net>
 wrote
on Tue, 19 Oct 2004 05:31:46 GMT
<6F1dd.771$KJ6.524@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net>:
> Jeff Relf wrote:
>
>> Can we undo Wal*Mart and Frys ?
>
> We wouldn't want to.

I don't know about Frys, but Wal*Mart has been accused of unfair
labor practices in the past.  I'm not aware of Microsoft being
accused thereof, although it's been accused of a lot of other things. :-)

#191, ewill3@earthlink.net
It's still legal to go .sigless.
0
ewill (4394)