Windows 7 vs. Linux: Hardware Acceleration. Linux Fails Again......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ay_20ESjixs

Linux doesn't seem to be doing too well.....
Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

--
flatfish+++
Please visit our hall of Linux idiots.

Watching Linux Fail:
http://limuxwatch.blogspot.com/

Linux's dismal desktop market share:

http://royal.pingdom.com/2011/05/12/the-top-20-strongholds-for-desktop-linux/

Desktop Linux: The Dream Is Dead
"By the time Microsoft released the Windows 7 beta
in January 2009, Linux had clearly lost its chance at desktop glory."
http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/207999/desktop_linux_the_dream_is_dead.html
0
flatfish (4841)

Windows 7 vs. Linux: Spreadsheet Performance...See Linux FAIL........
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=875AbZcWoCk Holy SHIT!!!! LIEnux really sucks!! -- flatfish+++ Please visit our hall of Linux idiots. http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/ Watching Linux Fail: http://limuxwatch.blogspot.com/ Linux's dismal desktop market share: http://royal.pingdom.com/2011/05/12/the-top-20-strongholds-for-desktop-linux/ Desktop Linux: The Dream Is Dead "By the time Microsoft released the Windows 7 beta in January 2009, Linux had clearly lost its chance at desktop glory." http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/207999/desktop_linux_the_dream_is_dead.html On 6/3/2011 5:34 PM, flatfish+++ wrote: > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=875AbZcWoCk > > Holy SHIT!!!! > > LIEnux really sucks!! > That's not the dumbest thing I've ever seen, but I would have felt my time was better spent if it had been. I wonder why the author, which I guess is probably you, did not at least use OpenOffice on the windows side? On Fri, 03 Jun 2011 18:37:40 -0500, Grinder wrote: > On 6/3/2011 5:34 PM, flatfish+++ wrote: >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=875AbZcWoCk >> >> Holy SHIT!!!! >> >> LIEnux really sucks!! >> > > That's not the dumbest thing I've ever seen, but I would have felt my > time was better spent if it had been. I wonder why the author, which I > guess is probably you, did not at least use OpenOffice on the windows side? Maybe he didn't feel like waiting ...

Lowering The Boom on False Linux Advocacy. Was Nvidia. Was Linux vs Windows 7.
Zealots and cults are bad no matter what their cause may be. They do little to further the acceptance of their POV and in fact tend to do harm to the legitimate portions of the cause. All cults and thus the zealots that comprise them are based in some form of truth and reality. The cult of Linux is no different in this matter. One thing about a cult and the cultists themselves is that it is generally trivial for lucid people to expose them for what they really are. In the case of the Linux cult, the misguided people who believe they are edifying Linux are easy to expose. I posted a factual message, backed up by screen shots, demonstrating a defect in Linux, specifically Ubuntu and kUbuntu but not limited to those distributions. The effect was already a known factor and the Linux cultists did not disappoint at all. They swarmed the enemy, me, with their own form of misguided lies, IOW using the Intel driver, or using the Display configuration utility, without even bothering to read the message or look at the screen shots where it was plainly obvious I was not talking about Intel nor did the Display application even recognize that 2 monitors was installed so that was a lost cause. Then we have the "you didn't enable xinerama" as if this has anything to do with the problem. Hint: the nvidia settings program works fine. It just won't parse and properly update the xorg file so the correctly working twinview will not survive a re-boot. This i...

My Linux is not your Linux

I have Linux! I have Linux!

Why linux is linux

Windows 7 vs. Linux: Hardware Acceleration: Firefox 4
http://www.youtube.com/user/LiEnucksFAILS#p/f/1/Ay_20ESjixs Same hardware: Intel Core 2 Duo T8300 + GeForce 8600M GT Same browser: Firefox 4.0 [Latest version - fully released] -- Desktop Linux: The Dream Is Dead "By the time Microsoft released the Windows 7 beta in January 2009, Linux had clearly lost its chance at desktop glory." [............] "Ultimately, Linux is doomed on the desktop because of a critical lack of content. And that lack of content owes its existence to two key factors: the fragmentation of the Linux platform, and the fierce ideology of the open-source community at large." http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/207999/desktop_linux_the_dream_is_dead.html "Clog_-_wog (�)" <clog_-_wog@anonimous.eu> schreef in bericht news:isjb0g$evp$1@speranza.aioe.org... > http://www.youtube.com/user/LiEnucksFAILS#p/f/1/Ay_20ESjixs Ooops!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ay_20ESjixs > > Same hardware: Intel Core 2 Duo T8300 + GeForce 8600M GT > Same browser: Firefox 4.0 [Latest version - fully released] > -- > Desktop Linux: The Dream Is Dead > "By the time Microsoft released the Windows 7 beta in January 2009, Linux > had clearly lost its chance at desktop glory." > [............] > "Ultimately, Linux is doomed on the desktop because of a critical lack of > content. And that lack of content owes its existence to two key factors: > the > fragmentation of the Linux platfo...

Why Linux has failed, and why Linux will fail again.
http://virtuelvis.com/archives/2004/01/linux-failed "While Linux-whiners may argue all that we want that Windows is not about freedom, I'll state the opposite: Windows is all about freedom. Windows is freedom from complicated choices, it's freedom from having to learn something new, something not really relevant to the task you want to do." A 2004 article, still valid 7 years later! Linux market-share dropped since 2004. http://www.google.com/press/zeitgeist/jan04_pie.gif 1% ==> 0.91% -- Desktop Linux: The Dream Is Dead "By the time Microsoft released the Windows 7 beta in January 2009, Linux had clearly lost its chance at desktop glory." [............] "Ultimately, Linux is doomed on the desktop because of a critical lack of content. And that lack of content owes its existence to two key factors: the fragmentation of the Linux platform, and the fierce ideology of the open-source community at large." http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/207999/desktop_linux_the_dream_is_dead.html Clog_-_wog (®) wrote: > http://virtuelvis.com/archives/2004/01/linux-failed > > "While Linux-whiners may argue all that we want that Windows is not about > freedom, I'll state the opposite: Windows is all about freedom. Windows is > freedom from complicated choices, it's freedom from having to learn > something new, something not really relevant to the task you want to do." > > A 2004 article...

An Example Of Linux Failing. Linux vs FitBit.
The Fitbit devices are insanely popular, much more so than the editor vi, a= nd you can hardly visit any big box store like BestBuy without seeing them = all over the place. Since I recently received one of these devices as a gift I decided to see w= hat was involved in installing and configuring it under both Windows and Li= nux. First Windows. Follow the link in the instructions to www.fitbit.com and it sets everythin= g up for you. Time spent 5 minutes, maybe. Linux. Good fucking luck. You'll need it. Install the requisite libraries Galileo is wrote in python so ...

[News] In E-Reader Arena, It's Just Linux vs Linux vs Linux

Mac OS vs. Windows vs. Linux
I reviewed these three operating systems for six types of computer users individually. Ubuntu is the winner for most user groups: http://yuzgen.com/?p=156&lang=en by In article <74603a0c-5c6b-41df-9feb-e95bb5ae8244@q16g2000yqq.googlegroups.com>, yuzgen <yuzgen@gmail.com> wrote: > I reviewed these three operating systems for six types of computer > users individually. Ubuntu is the winner for most user groups: > http://yuzgen.com/?p=156&lang=en From that article: Mac OS for girls: Please don’t get me wrong. This was the best single word to define naive computer users. They like ease of use. They don’t know how much RAM their computers have. They choose computers like fruits in big stores. The way windows animate while minimizing are crucial. They don’t know where the setting are, they don’t want to learn, still want to find out as soon as they need to change something. Mas OS is a better choice than Windows for girls. ... Windows for girls: Very dangerous! If you install Windows on their computers, they’ll call you every day. You don’t want to mess around with malware and/or strange questions. Try Ubuntu. Besides, they love eye candy. Vista and 7 have eye candy, but lack way behind Linux Compiz. If they are switching from Windows, go for KDE (Kubuntu?) rather than Ubuntu . They will feel at home. ... Linux for girls: They usually use Windows. It’s a dogma. Show them. Tell the...

[News] [Linux] Man Chooses Linux Over Mac OS X, Windows
Which OS for Ruby on Rails development? ,----[ Quote ] | I've had experience using Linux servers (no GUIs), so I figured I | could always drop back to the command line if something broke and | I've had to once or twice during installations. But overall I have | been pleasantly surprised at how civil an experience it has been. `---- http://falkayn.blogspot.com/2007/05/which-os-for-ruby-on-rails-development.html ...

Shocking news: Linux Format magazine claims Linux beats Windows 7!
I was totally surprised... On 2009-07-29, the following emerged from the brain of DFS: > I was totally surprised... You haven't been reading 7's posts then? -- Q: What do you call a blind pre-historic animal? A: Diyathinkhesaurus. Q: What do you call a blind pre-historic animal with a dog? A: Diyathinkhesaurus Rex. On Wed, 29 Jul 2009 09:58:51 -0400, DFS wrote: > I was totally surprised... The author is Graham Morrison who is a known Linux zealot. http://digg.com/linux_unix/Play_Windows_games_on_Linux_with_Crossover?t=27215888 "Wrong. Graham Morrison seems to be a bit in love with linux. Crossover is a mediocre application. In the end if your using linux you know how to setup a dual boot. And if your trying to play games with your netbook... forget about it!" Moshe Goldfarb wrote: > On Wed, 29 Jul 2009 09:58:51 -0400, DFS wrote: > >> I was totally surprised... > > The author is Graham Morrison who is a known Linux zealot. Piss off troll! Post some Linux Advocay or don't post here. This is not a place for calling Linux enthusiasts names and rant off topic. http://digg.com/linux_unix/Play_Windows_games_on_Linux_with_Crossover?t=27215888 > > "Wrong. Graham Morrison seems to be a bit in love with linux. > Crossover is a mediocre application. In the end if your using > linux you know how to setup a dual boot. And if your trying to > play games with your netbook... forget about it!" On Wed,...

[News] [Linux] Linux Graphics Far Better Than Windows Vista, Which Fails to Impress
POGL Benchmarks - Windows vs Linux ,----[ Quote ] | These benchmarks require Perl, an OpenGL installation, GLUT and POGL... | | Operating system Static FBO fps Animated FBO fps | Ubuntu (Dapper) 1085 152 | Fedora 6 768 145 | Vista Ultimate 73 48 `---- http://graphcomp.com/opengl/index.cgi?v=0111s3B0 This is just an insult to Windows. A Linux User in Vista-land: Part 1 ,----[ Quote ] | Of course, the most flaunted feature of Vista is its WOW factor, | code-named "Aero". Let me put it bluntly; after having seen ...

[News] [Linux] New Linux Magazine is Born; Another Person Ditches Windows for Good (Moves to Linux)
And Ubuntu Linux has yet another magazine (among several others): [Ubuntu] Full Circle Magaine - Issue 1 is OUT ,----[ Quote ] | This issue includes: | | * Installing Ubuntu Feisty Fawn | * Howtos: Linux directory structure, MythTV, Scribus, and more | * Interview with Deluge BitTorrent Client developer | * News, reviews, and much more! `---- http://fullcirclemagazine.org/2007/06/07/issue-1-is-out/ My Review of Ubuntu Feisty Fawn (and why I switched) ,----[ Quote ] | The update process runs smoothly every time, and the ease of use is | far above that of Windows. My 7-ye...

[News] [Linux] New Versions of Engarde Secure Linux, Core Linux, OpenTLE (Thai Linux)
EnGarde Secure Linux 3.0.14 Released ,----[ Quote ] | A fully functional secure Linux platform distribution, this release | features a vastly improved intrusion detection Attack Monitor. `---- http://www.linuxlookup.com/2007/may/04/engarde_secure_linux_3_0_14_released Core GNU/Linux 2.0 Released! ,----[ Quote ] | Core contains nothing beyond what is required to perform these tasks. | Core is primarily designed for experienced Linux users, though it has | found an audience with those looking to learn about the internals | and operation of a Linux system. `---- http://www.coredistro.org/news-20070501 http://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=linuxtle ...

Linux Could NOT Have Invented Linux
The current view in Western technology is that Linus Torvalds invented Linux. Nothing could be further from the truth. The technical complexity and useability of Linux make it beyond the capability of what man could produce using the tools available in 1992. My theory is that Ancient Astronauts descended from the sky on 'Chariots of the Gods' and showed Linus *how* to write an Operating System. These alien visitors must have appeared as strange to the young Torvalds, and so he may have mistaken them for carpet vendors. -- w:04 On Tue, 08 Jun 2004 14:28:27 GMT, Erich Von ...

[News] Linux, Unlike Windows, Runs Both Linux and Windows Programs

[News] Linux, Linux, Linux at Acer (Phones and Tablets)

Linux crapware is "rubbish... Windows 7 makes Linux look so yesterday"
Not yesterday... yestercentury. "What absolute nonsense! Fair enough, Windows may have its share of issues, but Linux's product is rubbish. I was a passionate user of it but gave up, it just become too hard! I may be in the minority, but I find Windows Vista fine, and I was running the beta of Windows 7, which is really good. Makes Linux look so yesterday..." http://sinaisix.blogspot.com/2009/08/5-things-microsoft-does-not-want-you-to.html On Fri, 14 Aug 2009 08:57:59 -0400, DFS wrote: > Not yesterday... yestercentury. > > > "What absolute nonsense! Fair enough, Windows may have its share of > issues, but Linux's product is rubbish. I was a passionate user of it > but gave up, it just become too hard! I may be in the minority, but I > find Windows Vista fine, and I was running the beta of Windows 7, which > is really good. Makes Linux look so yesterday..." > > > http://sinaisix.blogspot.com/2009/08/5-things-microsoft-does-not-want- you-to.html What do you think you are accomplishing? -- Rick On Fri, 14 Aug 2009 08:30:57 -0500, Rick wrote: > On Fri, 14 Aug 2009 08:57:59 -0400, DFS wrote: > >> Not yesterday... yestercentury. >> >> >> "What absolute nonsense! Fair enough, Windows may have its share of >> issues, but Linux's product is rubbish. I was a passionate user of it >> but gave up, it just become too hard! I may be in the minority, bu...

[News] [Linux] The Linux Foundation Improves Linux Printing
Linux Foundation Improves Printing Functionality in Linux With LSB Driver Development Kit ,----[ Quote ] | "The LSB DDK is a direct result of our workgroup efforts and will | make it easier to create distribution-independent printer driver | packages," said Till Kamppeter, OpenPrinting.org manager, The | Linux Foundation. `---- http://new.marketwire.com/2.0/rel.jsp?id=741867&sourceType=1 Related: Real-time Linux simulates toner motion for printer design ,----[ Quote ] | Concurrent reports that its commercial, real-time Linux | implementation for multi-processor AMD Opter...

The non-Linux Linux
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNU_Hurd http://www.archhurd.org/ The Hurd aims to surpass the Unix kernel in functionality, security, and stability, while remaining largely compatible with it. Can this compete with the now Google-backed Linux kernel? taka0038@gmail.com wrote: > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNU_Hurd > > http://www.archhurd.org/ > > The Hurd aims to surpass the Unix kernel in functionality, security, and > stability, while remaining largely compatible with it. > > Can this compete with the now Google-backed Linux kernel? Yes. In a...

Linux, linux, you mutter...
Vagrants, scaliwags and bums. That's what you advocates are. Drunk old men, wearing jute pants in the alley. LeeLee Sobiesky looks elegant in this picture: http://www.leeleesobieski.com/pics/lld/lld12.jpg -- Kent East Hill for Bush '04 Death to Kent West Hillians !!! DEATH TO KENT WEST HILL wrote: > > Vagrants, scaliwags and bums. > > That's what you advocates are. > > Drunk old men, wearing jute pants in the alley. > > LeeLee Sobiesky looks elegant in this picture: > > http://www.leeleesobieski.com/pics/lld/lld12.jpg > What is sh...

Web resources about - Windows 7 vs. Linux: Hardware Acceleration. Linux Fails Again...... - comp.os.linux.advocacy

Acceleration - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Acceleration , in physics , is the rate at which the velocity of an object changes over time. An object's acceleration is the net result of any ...

AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! (Force = Mass x Acceleration) on the App Store on iTunes
Get AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! (Force = Mass x Acceleration) on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Epic Rocket Acceleration during the cluster burn, flight computer analysis: http://www.flickr.com/ph ...
jurvetson posted a photo: The curve above is from the onboard HCX flight computer logging 500 samples/second. You can see how the thrust curves ...

An Introduction to VERA: A low cost, low acceleration transonic impact gun - YouTube
In the world of ordnance system development the need for system and subsystem testing under dynamic conditions is obvious. A number of approaches ...

Africa's promising renewables acceleration
Sub-Saharan Africa is set to add more non-hydro renewable energy in 2014 than in the last 14 years combined – and that's even with a largely ...

Ross Garnaut: Climate deal marks acceleration by US
Ross Garnaut, a China expert and compiler of two emissions trading reviews for governments, said the US-China deal represents a bigger shift ...

Study shows acceleration in melting of Antarctic ice shelves
Satellite data from 1994 to 2012 reveals an accelerating decline in Antarctica's massive floating ice shelves, with some shrinking 18 per cent, ...

Toyota to enter settlement talks over alleged acceleration glitch
After a four-year legal battle, Toyota is entering settlement talks on hundreds of lawsuits that allege sudden unintended acceleration problems ...

Lion disables Flash Player hardware acceleration (and other Adobe goodies) (update: Adobe retracts)
Update: Adobe has retracted their claim (via MacRumors) that OS X Lion disables Flash Player hardware acceleration. Great news: The final release ...

Velocity, Acceleration, and New Ways of Measuring Marketing Impact
Velocity, Acceleration, and New Ways of Measuring Marketing Impact